Adelaide Bank Home Loan

Adelaide Bank Home Loan

Brand Manager for Adelaide Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4

Zero star rating

Slow
Inefficient
Nobody accountable
Antiquated - sent debit cards with no Visa/MasterCard facility.
Poor product offerings and processes
Untrustworthy - refinancing told broker one thing and told us different.
Unbelievable and unrealistic requests for documentation.
Never met stated timeframes
Continually gave pathetic excuses
No apologies or acknowledgment
Will NEVER bank with them again

Other Home Loans

Terrible don't go with them unless absolutely necessary

Sean
SeanDarwin, NT

AVOID!!! Prevented us from accessing our own savings

Martin S.
Martin S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Over 7 weeks to review our home loan application and still waiting

Have an existing home loan so encouraged our broker to stay with them thinking loyalty would assist with the application. The broker has tried to give us updates but is unable to wait on hold for over 45 minutes at a time to follow up on the progress of our application.

Natasha
NatashaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst mortgage experience ever

Dealing with the mortgate area was an absolute nightmare. They constantly moved the benchmark, questioned everything that we spent money on and made us feel like second rate citezens. The amount of documenation they requested was through the roof. There was zero tranperancy, impossible to contact or reach and no explainataion for any of their questions or follow ups.
Broker pre-approval came back clear and meeting all their criteria, but when it came to the crunch, so slow and difficult we missed out on our property!!!

Trigger
TriggerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

very slow

Very slow going back and forth with paperwork , even after being pre approved with a broker . once construction commence they have been great with progress payments . But!!!! waiting on final payment for handover of keys and they are weeks behind sequel for their final inspection !!and we need to be out of our rental property . broker was rude very disappointing doubt i will be banking with them for long .

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Charles
CharlesSydney, NSW

Close to 2 months to set up an offset account, and counting...

Robert A.
Robert A.Sydney, NSW

Online Budgeting Tool - Flawed

When getting access to online banking they heavily promoted their budgeting tool. My wage that is automatically deposited into my offset account keeps being automatically assessed as an expense instead of income by this “excellent” budgeting tool and there is no way of even manually override the label. Useless.

Mr Army

My big mistake of refinancing with Adelaide Bank

Annie
AnnieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely appalling

Six months to be declined for investment property Said my score was too low ! I can’t wait to refinance on my current home loan, they don’t return calls or emails ever and never told me I had been declined, I rang and found out! Disgraceful , should have checked my score and so no on day 1 not six months later!

Anthony F.
Anthony F.

One month waiting time to talk to a lender

The Banks official response (today) to unreturned calls and web site messages is that there is a 1 month waiting list/time for a lender call back about a loan. They obviously don't need the business.

Dlaing
Dlaing

Refinanced in 2019, Amazing experience since

Refinanced our Home Loan with Adelaide bank mid 2019 for our Investment Home which will be for our retirement. They have been amazing from the very beginning and throughout COVID0-19. Reduced our rate twice without us asking, customer service is excellent. Called us 3 times so far throughout COVID-19 to check on us if we need assistance - you cannot ask for a better Bank.

Very stressful experience!

I tried to get a home loan with them. They pre-approved my loan. I then purchased a house on an auction. However, they pulled out after exchanging contact. I am in the middle of extremely stressful situation that I have to organize another home loan with other bank within limited timeframe. I wish I have never dealt with them!

Application Process