AEG T97689IH

AEG T97689IH

MPN: T97689IH

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Kate
Kate

Awful : need to soak up water at bottom of machine and drain condenser with every use

A very difficult machine - the worst I’ve ever experienced.

It will only dry clothes on ‘cotton, extra dry’ setting ... and that takes just over 2hrs.

The water container never collects any water. I have to pull out the condenser and drain it after every load, and use a microfibre towel to mop up excess water at the bottom of the machine.

This is the only way I can use this thing and I absolutely hate it.

I’ve had a technician out to look at it - but they just charge me several hundred dollars, waste a day of my life waiting for them and can’t seem to find any problem - it’s just a dreadful dryer and I really regret buying it

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Melanie C.
Melanie C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A dryer that doesn’t dry

Very disappointing for the price. Only one function almost works - and that’s the 3hr cotton cycle with the sun. Still hit or miss if it actually fully dries. Definitely doesn’t dry things if they are put in already half dry. Purchased early 2019. Haven’t tried to sell it yet because I’d feel bad selling a dryer that I know isn’t reliable...

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Penelope
PenelopeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

A dryer that doesn’t actually dry things.

No matter what setting you put it on, it doesn’t actually dry anything completely. Sometimes the clothes / towels / sheets come out just as damp as I put them in. Very disappointing considering you pay for what you think and are told by a sales assistant, is a premium brand

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Diane
DianeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AEG T976891H Review Follow-up

I am a very happy converted AEG condensor dryer user. After registering my negative review 2 months ago re my dissatisfaction with my 3 year old dryer, Leeanne from the AEG Customer Service Team promptly contacted me and outlined several programming suggestions for the dryer. She further organised for a representative to come to the house to inspect the dryer. The dryer, and it's user, are working in cahoots with one another now. I want to express my thanks to Leeanne for the excellent service and understanding that she provided.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money

Clothes come out wet. 3 hour dryer cycle and still wet. Setting changed no different. Clothes are never dry. Very disappointing. Harvie Norman recommendation. Paid over $1800. Absolutely waste of money.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,800.00.

Kim

I have now sent a email to customer service. Let's hope we can resolve this issue.

Kim

Update, AEG has now replaced the dryer with a brand new model. Good customer service. I do hope this model works.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
GeorgieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Inadequate product for the price

Purchased in August 2016 at Domayne NSW, West Gosford for $2,400.00.

Georgie

I have emailed you twice as per this response and your private response

Stephen
StephenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never Dried Anything!

I bought a AEG washer and dryer from Harvey Norman several years ago and was told it was a great buy for its moderate price. I can’t say that I’ve ever taken clothes out of it and been satisfied they’ve been dry!
I’ve tried every setting with the aim of drying anything. Towels, bedding, even a few pairs of socks. Doesn’t work! I’ve resorted to hanging things in front of a heater after it’s washed to try and actually dry them. It’s been very very disappointing. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Arevjew
Arevjew

Apallingly inept

These guys suck. Could not deliver. If they can't even deliver a $4K order, how would they go after the sale? Took 5+ hours to call back, never returned the 3 calls + text and their call centre was engaged.
Warehouse manager lied. State manager never called back. Not getting my money!

Purchased in January 2020 at Winning Appliances for $4,000.00.

Ashlea33Queensland, Australia

Nothing but troubles

George D.
George D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AEG Dryer Series 8000

Guys Ive been reading some peoples reviews of the dryer and how clothes are wet at the end of the cycle. My dryer is 1 week old and had the same issue. I contacted AEG repairs and the issue was fixed easily. Do this to fix issue..Press ON then both EXTRA SILENT and REFRESH simultaneously until CO appears. Release and press the START button until only the one bar is there. Your all set and clothes come out almost extra crispy. Installer should have done this but forgot..hope this helps

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Sharon
SharonNortheast, VIC

Worst dryer

This drier is the worst! Clothes are never dried properly and when you try to dry the clothes further the drier won't allow for it because it thinks there dry. I have tried every cycle to get the dryer to dry the clothes further but to no avail, so revert to hanging them around the house for the bit of dampness to dry. A Harvey Norman rep advocated that is was one of the best dryers however it has been a total waste of money and not cheap. Never buying this brand again.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Raelene G.
Raelene G.South Australia

Great, love my dryer

I've had this dryer for about 2 years now. During this time, it has dried almost every load washed for my family of 6. Took a little bit to get used to chosing the best settings for each load, but works like a charm now.
Love my dryer and don't want to think of life without it.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Be Linda
Be LindaIllawarra, NSW

Perfect machine

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Good machine .... but

Purchased in April 2016.

Hi Michael.
Thanks for posting the review, can you please contact our 1st Klasse Care team via email on customercare@aegaustralia.com so we can assist?
We look forward to talking soon.
AEG 1st Klasse Carea team.

Michael M.
Michael M.

Thanks AEG team. I have sent an email but it has bounced back. Might want to update that address

Anju G.
Anju G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very Goog

I am very happy with the dryer. we bought it as a package (washing machine and the dryer) not very happy with the washing machine but the dryer is excellent.

Purchased in June 2017.