Aerobie Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker

Aerobie Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker

See the Best Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Aerobie Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Consistency
Brad
Brad

Works great for years.

Works great. Have had for a number of years now and used extensively. Only thing now is the rubber seal especially in the cold doesn't give much resistance and plunger almost falls into the chamber otherwise works good

Purchased for $35.00.

Jeremy H
Jeremy HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Budget Coffee Maker

The Aeropress is quick and easy to use and produces excellent coffee for 1-2 cups at a time. It can get cumbersome if you are trying to make coffees for a whole family at once!

Handy to pack for picnics or camping as it takes up minimal space.

I suggest to use it with a fine mesh stainless steel filter.

Mine has seen 4.5 years of daily use and still works like new - wash and store it properly to maintain the seal.

Purchased in March 2016 at 4Ever Coffee for $39.00.

True Blue
True Blue

Makes the best coffee

The simplicity & size of this contraption, makes it easy to take everywhere!
Coffee is a personal preference for everyone and for me, it tastes far better than the Nespresso I had used for years.

Purchased in August 2019 for $50.00.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Aerobie Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Eileen
EileenFar North Queensland, QLD

No point to it

So it's basically an upside down plunger.. it's doesn't put a good Crema on your coffee.. it has lots of parts to it that make it bulky to store/carry.. and what is the point of supplying an enormous plastic stirrer?.. you can make a better coffee in a plastic plunger mug which fits in the Billy can and you can put a clip seal bag of your coffee inside and it's less than half the price.. I can't understand the purpose of the aeropress.. if it's not for travelling you may as well buy a proper machine.. and if it's for travelling you may as well buy something that makes coffee as well but is cheaper and more practical for the purpose..

Purchased in December 2019.

Randal
Randal

A pleasant surprise

Just read a review on "Choice" where they absolutely canned the Aeropress. Can't believe they could be so wrong and can only assume that they approached the review and the actual making of the coffee with a total lack of know-how. I have had my Aeropress for two weeks and the first cup was average so, as with any coffee-maker, I tweaked a couple of things (amount of water, coffee, and type of grind) and the result is now a quality cuppa every time. I use the "reverse" method, adhere to the recommended water temperature and am now grinding my own beans although ready ground coffee, medium/fine, is perfectly okay. Easy to clean and you can re-use the filters.

Purchased in August 2019 for $45.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
JRT
JRTVictoria

Produces smooth flavorful coffee.

It's not trying to be an espresso machine, but it excels at what it does. Not only does it make a fine cup of coffee, but the design is so simple and easy to clean. I bought a second one for work and both units show no signs of deteriorating in any way (barring the numbers wearing off on the side of one of the units).
I previously used a plunger and the Aeropress makes much nicer, smoother coffee with none of the mess (or the "mud" at the bottom of your cup). I'd never go back to the plunger. I can use my own beans and grind and even water temperature. Also great for making iced coffee.

Purchased in August 2015 for $40.00.

mjackson
mjacksonSydney, NSW

Money Saving Goodness

I bought the aeropress so I could save money. Works backwards, but works.

I previously bought 2-3 coffees a day, so it worked out to about $50-60 a week. In order to save a bit of cash I bought an aeropress online, came with filters and some coffee grind. All up cost me about $30. The first bag lasted me a few weeks and I ended up saving money in the first month.

The coffee was also great and makes me feel like I am getting somewhat cafe quality at work.

I now have 1 at work and 1 at home and try to have 1 coffee a day through aeropress.

Purchased in August 2018 at alternativebrewing.com.au for $34.00.

Badunky
BadunkyHunter Region, NSW

Lets be honest

You wouldn't expect a plunger to make the sort of coffee you get for $5 per cup from your favourite café, and this machine isn't going to do that either. Compared to a plunger though, its bloody fantastic. It really draws out the flavour of the coffee and doesn't have the wateriness and residual grind issues you get with plungers, or the bitterness (and expense) you get with espresso machines.
I'd go as far to say, I'd much prefer a long black (or LB with a dash of milk - my standard workplace coffee) made by an aeropress than an espresso machine. But, I'd much rather have a latte made at my local café (or one made with my home espresso machine), than one made with an aeropress.

Purchased in April 2019 for $40.00.

Ezza
EzzaMelbourne

Satisfies my coffee addiction

I use the reverse method, with freshly ground beans. Creates a mild coffee and maintains the flavour detail of the beans,which is great if you use beans roasted for filter rather than espresso.

You can resuse the paper filters dozens of times too.

Purchased in March 2019 for $40.00.

bmorey
bmoreyVic, 3140

Good coffee but post-brew rinsing takes a couple of minutes

I've had my Aeropress for about 13 years. I didn't use it for many years but recently reactivated it. I did need a new plunger rubber but this was readily obtainable.

It makes good, sediment-free black coffee. The only issue for me is rinsing the parts after brewing. It takes a couple of minutes to clean the parts and put them back in the cupboard. With my auto expresso machine I just press the off button. If you were making coffee for guests it would be a slow process. It's really a solo coffee maker.

I use a filter three times.

Purchased in August 2006 at Aeropress for $40.00.

Plunger / Chamber fitting

The lip on the chamber should have been TAPERED to enable the plunger to slide effortlessly into the top part of the chamber. It is a bit of a fiddle forcing the plunger over that sharp ridge. That action also causes premature wear on the rubber seal. Other than that observation it works fine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Crystal
CrystalSpringwood

A portable coffee machine!

A handy little device. It is very simple and easy to use, easy to clean, and lightweight. I have a proper coffee machine, however I bring this on trips with me due to its portability. The taste is on par to the coffee I used to buy from shops, and I am very satisfied with this product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Carley
CarleyBrisbane

Saved me so much $$ and the best coffee

I love this device. A colleague convinced me to buy this instead of buying a daily coffee and i have not looked back. I have even bought one for my husband to use at his workplace. Such a simple and easy to use device and very easy to clean afterwards. I love the simplicity and yet the coffee that is produced is as good as any coffee shop (this is dependent on the beans of course).

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Stella A.
Stella A.Sydney

Love the Aero Press

Very satisfied with the taste of our coffee made with the aeropress. We ignored the instructions and use the ‘inversion’ method instead (some YouTube tutorials will show you how)- I swapped the paper filters that come with it for a metal filter (purchased on eBay) and I think that improves the flavour. Fabulous to take camping, and a great gift.

Maybe one day they can make a plastic free version and then it would be perfect!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
htc
htcSydney, NSW

Easy to use, just ignore the instructions

Easy to use and reasonably portable. Have travelled and camped with an aeropress and a little Porlex grinder; it works well on the road. Have just bought a second one to keep at the office. Extremely easy to clean, the mechanism has a sort of squeegy effect that mostly cleans itself, just give it a rinse to get the grounds off and leave it to air dry.

Note the instructions on the box are bizarre, I've never met anyone who brews that way. Look up "inverted aeropress method" to see how most people actually use it. Look up "aeropress recipes" for recommendations on coffee/water ratios, brew times and so on. A few minutes on youtube is all you need.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Read more reviews - page 2

gabbys79
gabbys79asked

Does it taste like espresso or filtered coffee? Im guessing filtered, any idea what would make a portable easy to use espresso like coffee?

Eerhard
Eerhard

Hi.
The best result I have had is using the bialetti stove top. I have had the "Venus 2 cup"and it is 5 years old. It always goes camping with us.
If you grind the beans fine and tamp it down. (Even though they tell you not to. ) you will get a great espresso. No crema though. Oh yes. Don't fill the water above the valve.
I guess that's more info then you need.
Have a great day

Palerang
Palerang

You can get something very close to espresso if you read their directions carefully, and take note of the important things. ie the time you stir before pressing down, the grind of the beans, even the temperature of the water you use. I am happy to make an extremely strong white long black, but know people who are coffee snobs who make short blacks with the Aeropress.

retromum
retromum

The Aeropress won't fail you if you want a cup of espresso (technically, as it forces hot water through ground beans, it fits the dictionary definition).I credit Choice for that description which is exactly how I would describe it. Here is my answer: You control taste and flavour by choosing the quality of the beans. Strength is determined by the amount of ground coffee beans or water you add. If you are after the Crema always use freshly ground beans. Look out for an aeropress that is on special if you are not sure. I am of Italian descent and we love our coffee. I havent found anything else that is as good as this. Its portable, easy to use and easy to clean and you can save on electricity if you choose to use it at home as I do.

ebonflow
ebonflowasked

Can someone please explain the advantages of this over a regular old glass plunger?

AFP
AFP

I've used both and find the aeropress quicker to brew, quicker to empty and clean and it uses a finer filter - you can buy after market options for different fineness (I use the Able fine stainless steel).

Also it's plastic so lighter and less breakable.

Wlm
Wlm

Shattered my old glass plunger yesterday. Didn't like the idea of swallowing a piece of glass. Have heard about aeropress so will give it a go when it arrives later this week. Cheers Wm

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines