Breville Infuser BES840
See the Best Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Breville

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
beachshack
beachshackNorthern Region, NSW

Steam/ hot water control so tight it’s nearly impossible to turn

Bought 2 months ago, steam control knob was tight but we thought may loosen with use. Very difficult to turn knob, I need two hands, it’s ridiculous. Machine actually makes reasonable coffee with decent crema despite its dinky plasticky appearance but today we have tried complaining to Breville, no response. DJs finally got back to us, told us they would send it away but it could to up to 10 weeks to repair! Not good enough Breville. A lot of money to pay for poor service. From 2 disgruntled age pensioners.

Purchased in at David Jones Online Store for $495.

Mark
MarkSydney, NSW

Makes a great cup of coffee

Firstly, I have been grinding my own beans and have made my own coffee since last century and have owned several machines previously, this unit makes a "great cup of coffee", I am pleasantly surprised at the huge amount of "crema" must be due to the infuser system. Have been a fan of compact units for easier cleaning. Currently I am limited with the height of the unit I can fit and this one just makes it, previous unit was a Delonghi EC860 which was terrific and has lasted 9 years but now needs a new pump which I will get replaced and use as a spare or give away but did not make as good a cup as the Breville.

Purchased in at eBay for $520.

Nick
Nick

Better than Starbucks and it's in my kitchen!

I LOVE this machine! The quality of the coffee is great &consistent, the temperature is as expected: hot. Just a wee bit loud, but I might be sensitive. Overall, I am very happy & love making my own special brew.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Online.

ampcent
ampcentSouth East Queensland, QLD

This should have been perfect

Purchased yesterday but dead on arrival. Looked perfect coming out of the box. Pressure gauge does not work so I cannot reliably make coffee, so it is now a $599 brick. Myers’s would not take it back and have referred me to Breville for support. Breville is not answering the phone.

Purchased in at Myer for $599.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville Infuser BES840 compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Geoff PSydney, NSW

Very nice coffee Machine

I recently purchased this machine and have made a few cups of coffee. It was to replace a simpler Breville machine ( "Venicia") It is quieter and pulls a good shot, no problems with frothing the milk either. The quality and consistency appears good, and the temperature was also to my taste.

Purchased in at Appliances Online for $531.

JayJay
JayJayRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Robust

Had this for 6 years and made over 6000 cups of coffee. Still going strong. Simple machine that works very !! It stopped pushing water through recently but it just needed a descale. So happy with it.

Mim
MimSouth Australia

Just rebought the same model - just too good at making coffee

We have had the same Breville machine for 15 years.
It's time to buy a new one, and although we could buy a more expensive coffee machine we have decided to stick to this machine - as it's so good.
Makes a great cup of coffee.
Yes there are more automated machines, but rarely do I think they taste as good.
Great value, great quality.

Purchased in at Appliances Online.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Mekster
MeksterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great coffee, good value and bullet proof

I've had this for nearly 10 years makes good coffee and hasn't missed a beat. It's simple and if you know how to make good coffee you'll love it. After 10 years I only now have to replace one of the rubber seals. I bet you won't find a fully auto machine that will last this long.

Susan S.
Susan S.

I'm In Heaven

I'm SO happy with my Coffee machine. Took me a few goes to get the right settings to my coffee taste but now making delicious flat whites is a breeze. Excellent crema and milk texturing. easy to clean and to look after.
having friends now for a cuppa it's a different league... Very Happy with my purchase !!

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $549.

Frustrating Machine

The Steam Wand drips as it comes to temperature. The closer it gets to ready to use, the more it releases. Wouldn't be so bad, but the drip tray is tiny. The machine also requires a purge regularly. By the time you heat the wand, give it a purge and make a few cups, the tray needs emptying. Very frustrating and time consuming. Have to use a cup under the wand as it heats to catch the dripping water so I don't have to empty the tray so often. Also, no guide to let you know the milk is hot enough, so basically need to scald your hand by holding the steel cup to check.

Purchased in for $599.

Mark R.
Mark R.Illawarra, NSW

Very poor machine , with the new set up

I have been told by Breville my new BES 840 is programmed to go into standby mode after 13 minutes then it will completely shut down after 25 minutes, thus making it nearly impossible to warm it up and keep it that way for any longer than 15 minutes. Toatally useless to me , very disappointed with this new set up.

Purchased in for $600.

Can't beat the value

Purchased in at TradeMe for $400.

Anna
AnnaBrisbane

Love my coffee

Hiranya S.
Hiranya S.

Happy customer.

I have had this coffee machine for more than 6 months and I am one happy customer. Never skipped a beat since the day we got it. It takes a while to get used to frothing the milk but after that making coffee is a breeze. Very good entry level machine.

Purchased at Myer Online Store for $350.

Sam L
Sam LGold Coast

Love it!

Easy to use, produces coffee with an excellent flavour and crema. Can't go back to instant coffee after using this machine and no pods that I think are not environmentally friendly.

JennyD
JennyDasked
Infuser BES840

I've just bought one of these (two weeks ago) to replace a worn out Sunbeam Mini Barista. All the reviews are good, but I just cannot seem to get a good coffee out of it. Fresh quality beans every time. I've tried raising and lowering the temp. The pressure seems okay. Tamping okay. The grind (separate Breville grinder) is the same as I used for the Sunbeam. But smooth rich coffees are out of reach. Any ideas?

Geoff P

I like a fairly strong cup so I use a double shot and using the single walled filter. I hope this helps

Ross Mayot
Ross Mayotasked
Infuser BES840

I just bought the Breville Infuser and set it up according to the instructions. All the buttons light up appropriately but when I try to pull a cup the pressure gauge never rises above the pre infusion indication line and no water or steam comes out of the head or the steam wand. Any suggestions?

Iznotabellaasked
Infuser BES840

I’m sure this is probably really simple but literally how do you open the water tank lid. I have been struggling for about half an hour. I can’t find anything online and am getting completely desperate haha. Help!

Neil B.
Neil B.

Pull up the handle that goes around the top of the tank, from the back. Simple!

Yolanta
Yolanta

Having the same problem & still can’t open the water tank

Iznotabella

For me it ended up being that the tank had to be clicked into the machine to open. I was trying to open it over the sink to hold under the tap, when it has to be in place in the machine to open and then filled with a jug if that makes sense

See all Breville Infuser BES840 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Breville Infuser BES840

Compare all 3 Breville Infuser BES840
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $749.00$749.00$749.00
Pump Pressure15 bar15 bar15 bar
Input Power1,700 W1,700 W1,700 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNoNoNo
Dimensions 334 x 312 x 257 mm334 x 312 x 257 mm334 x 312 x 257 mm
Weight7.9 kg7.9 kg7.9 kg
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNoneNoneNone
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishBrushed Stainless SteelBlack SesameCranberry