Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value

Big thank you to Mohan for for his assistance on helping me receive a loan approval within 1 week. I highly recommend Mohan and his team to everyone. Big thank you again!

Ujwal

UjwalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst decision of my life. Stay way and save your self from depression

The transparency and practice of this company is borderline unconscious misconduct. I am currently trying to doo a partial discharge of my loan which will reduce the balance of AFG by $110k but they are saying that they will not discharge my loan which I am currently servicing easily. My settlement is in a few weeks and they have left me absolutely no option but to discharge my all there loans from them. Funny how they don't want my business and would rather I discharge 3 loans instead of one. This is beyond my understanding and feel like they are purposely trying to make sure my settlement does not proceed. I will be making sure no one in my immediate contact EVER deal with these guys again.

Loan used forInvestment Property

Easy to get a loan with but it is hard to get out

I have been with AFG retro for more than two years. They offered low rate but then didn't adjust on going rates promptly when the market rate was dropped.
And now I want to refinance to a different bank. They kept me for a long time more than a month for a discharge date. And when it is close to the discharge date, they sent another email to move forward 12 more days.
I called the client service team and they said that the original discharge booking date was cancelled without a reason noted.
It is ridiculous.

Helen

Loan TypeSplit

Griffin

GriffinPerth, WA

Great to begin with, horrible afterwards

Easy to get a loan with.
Terrible if market conditions change.

If they review your rates when RBA rates change, don't expect a reasonable outcome. 0.05% offered vs 1% on their competitors.

Sheree C.

Sheree C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Administration is terrible

Their LMI fees are great and what not. So the savings side fantastic. But their admistration is ridiculous. Everything we have had to sign had to be done again. And when it was redone we had to wait weeks for the process then redo it then wait weeks again! We have builders waiting for money to be released and the bank is taking their sweet time. As soon as we can we are refinancing with another bank

Loan Start DateJuly 2020

Thanks AFG - good and simple service

We rolled over our finances into a single loan and received prompt and personal service.
Online facilities are easy to use and any queries have been resolved quickly - thanks AFG

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
Loan used forSecond Home
Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Warning! Revoked finance after formal approval.

After receiving approval for a home loan, 30 minutes before close of business on the last day of finance. They decided to revoke the approved finance 3 days later, after the contract had gone unconditional. Did not give us an explanation. Left us in a legal battle with the seller. Absolutely horrific.

Jared

JaredGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AFG Home Loan Edge

Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent lender with great service

AFG have been excellent to deal with over the past couple of years. I have now changed back to a major bank as I need more features with my home loan due to living in a remote area. If you’re looking for a simple great value home loan with excellent customer service you won’t go wrong with AFG. They have also been excellent with the discharge of both my mortgages and very quick with the release. If I ever look at refinancing my properties again I will definitely come back to AFG.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
Loan used forRefinancing

Can't even do a pre-approval stage properly

I have gone thru an agent who did the processing recently for an AFG loan and luckily escaped from the unforeseen problems. I have given all documents correctly on time and agent did a wonderful job to send to their topline such as BDM, unfortunately, this BDM and toplines are utterly hopeless because whenever I send their requested docs latest I have to wait for 2 weeks for a reply and on a follow up the reply will be your docs are not recent , send the latest again and repeated for more than 3 times and finally I fed up and send just stop it. The later agent agreed you are not the first person having this issue, and my question was why you referring this irresponsible lender.

MDM

MDMVictoria

Horrendous service and woeful organisation. Keep away from AFG!

Loan Start DateMarch 2019
Dean T.AFG Home Loans

AFG have been difficult from the start

Loan Start DateMarch 2018
Loan used forSecond Home
alex

alexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unexplained interest rate hikes, unreasonably high discharge fees.

Be Warned!

Long term customer with AFG, but the recent interest rate hike is provocative and totally unfair at time when they should be lowering interest rates.
AFG’s customer service is non-existent; they haven’t offered a response to an email I sent, at the advice of their own customer service person…despite re-sending it several times. The message is, couldn’t care less for customers or loyalty. We’ll do what we like, you just put up with it.

Malcolm1978

Malcolm1978Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Service

Loan Start DateOctober 2017
Kram

Kram

Crap service - stay away.

al nar

al nar

What Royal Commission??

AFG raise rates against the trend when I contacted them for an explanation I was told that I would receive a call back 2 weeks later no call back.
The customer service officer I spoke too had a unfriendly tone when you questioned her about my loan enquiry particularly when I told her that their home loan rates were not competitive with other banks and non bank lenders.
The annoying fact was even though my loan is paid up years in advance and AFG have a risk free loan they simply want to treat me like I am just another annoying pesky customer and I should crawl back where I belong

THE

Frustrated

I’ve been with AFG for less than a year and my interest rate has gone up twice .Im now looking into changing my home loan...mind youvim a first homebuyer and I’m in shock how fast the interest rates are going up when other banks are keeping their rates the same .

Loan Start DateJune 2018
Ben

BenHunter Region, NSW

Stay away

I’m warning anyone that will listen to stay away from AFG.
I have a loan with them for my land, but Im transferring my land loan to another bank to build my home.
My account was canceled by them but they are refusing to realise my loan to the other bank. But in the mean time they have charged me $800 and are trying to charge me interest on the account that was closed. Settlement has been pushed back by 2 weeks now and I’m still waiting.

I was also ahead on my payments and haven’t seen or heard where that money has gone.
Please stay away from this company

Loan Start DateMay 2017