1.3 from 1,614 reviews

1,614 reviews
  • Rates and Fees

HowItReallyIs

HowItReallyIsSydney, NSW

Check out deals with comparison sites first :)

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi HowItReallyIs, thank you for your feedback! You make some very valid points here so we'll be sure to pass on your comments. Cheers, Jayden.

Izadora Couto

Izadora CoutoSydney, NSW

AGL poor quality with customer satisfaction

Andy.ZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Serious account safety issue

Had AGL for few years for my property and recently put the property as investment. When the tenant moved in, they incidentally request a provider transfer( which they been noticed that electricity stay under my name). On 07/07/20 AGL accept the transfer request without my permission( Not even have any contact with me). How this happened? Is that mean anyone can takeover or transfer my electricity provider away without my permission? I believe it is a serious account safety issue and it may become a LEGAL ISSUE!

Kevin Ferguson

Kevin FergusonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes no sense, poor service

I Received my quarterly a/c from AGL a $1200 Bill when previous a/c's
have been around $300. Bill included several adjustments dated back over 12 months since I moved into the house which didn't make any sense. I have rang customer service twice now. Just received another a/c after investigation saying they made an error reading the meter; no phone call to explain anything or how it occurred; really poor!

Legrope

LegropeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gas provider

Not too bad - good billing system and provides insights on your account and usage.
Was good enough to say another provider offered better electricity rates.
Was happy enough to connect again on a new apartment

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Legrope, thank you for you feedback! It's great to hear that your experiences with AGL thus far have been positive. Cheers, Jayden.

McKellars Park.Central West, NSW

Resolutions are a joke.

Lou.s.

Lou.s.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst electrical company ever

bullying, incompetent, un helpful, staff have no care ,staff are inadequately trained ,hung up on threatened with disconnection, cancell appointments continually. Don't ring to ask questions they forget just cancell on you. Three months to fix there mistake. Cost me a lot of money and no hot water. Dealing with complaints department but staff keep ringing wanting money explain what's going on . Then email., phone calls t xt messages . They don't care about customers they just don't care.

Tom

TomWestern Sydney

2/10 customer service

Pushy and inexperienced staff
Gas installation took months because there was "miscommunication"
There is no follow up or anything and I had to call through severtal departments just to get the answer I needed. Things just esculate until it is priority.

Too bad we dont have a choice and the government is subsidising them.

Naga

NagaPerth, WA

Worst experience with customer rip off bill

Worst experience with customer rip off bill
Worst experience with customer service..they have to train how to speak with customers.Bill rates are rip off better stay away from them..
I should give them 0 rating if there available.saying that 50% off from bill but they not adding card fee,admin fee,adds up price more than usually and then reduced.people the not thinking just concentrate on discount price.but end up been rip off.better stay out

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Amazing

I had a good experience with AGL they are providing very good rates in my area and After changing lots of retalers finally I got AGL I am very happy with AGL.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Paul, thank you for this great feedback! It's fantastic to hear that you're happy with your decision to make the move to AGL. Cheers, Jayden.

Rob

RobGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

offered one deal, but charge you more!!

I spoke to a AGL sales guy online who offered me a good deal.
23cents peak
16cents off peak
80cents supply charge

I get the bill and its
30cents peak
16cents off peak
$1.10 supply charge
don't trust them. Even have proof but still deny the quoted charges

Not honouring quotes from Australian Energy Regulator website

SolarCustomerQLD
SolarCustomerQLD

Please provide a number I can reach you on.

John ThompsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Give me a bill PLEASEi had some solar panels installed (

I had some solar panels installed by a 3rd party . I required an invoice to gauge the savings. The meter was read on 16th of June but I still don’t have a bill.i have spoken to 3 people from various departments and have been fed conflicting reasons from the account is on hold while it is investigated , all seniors bills are held up while the $200 govt handout is applied correctly . All my neighbors already have their bill with the rebate . They now tell me it will be sorted in a few weeks . The supervisor I spoke to said she couldn’t help . Do not deal with with these people you will get no satisfaction

Thanhemail94

Thanhemail94Murray Region, NSW

Terrible customer service

Moving in with no contact, after few months received a bill and feel like forced to be their customer. Calling to complain but the customer service team didn’t give a dam

Dajovic

DajovicGippsland, VIC

$50 Promotion -Non Existant Customer Support

I transferred my gas and electricity to my new address in March and was promised a $50 Prepaid card for each service under their promotion. After numerous emails I finally received a card for the gas and when I queried the whereabouts of the electricity card was told that it wasn't listed. I'm so fed up with their excuses I'm seriously considering signing up with a new retailer. Do not believe what their operators tell you they only want pass the problem to another department who also don't want to deal with it. Shame on AGL for treating age pensioners this way.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Sissi W.

Sissi W.

The worse experience ever!

Ordered AGL rewards online, but it shows insufficient value when I tried to use it in the shop. Tried to ring rewards team, the lady named Mandy hang off me before I finish my words! Does NOT letting you talk!!

Sophie

Sophie

Internal errors every quarter had to call up numerous times and repeat the problem every quarter! They are the WORST!!

Have both electricity and gas connected with AGL and there have always been an issue for every quarter ever since the inception, wasted a total of over 10 - 20 hours ever since used their service. Ridiculous and wouldn't recommend AGL to anyone

Mark J

Mark J

Pathetic Services - AGL Rewards

Ordered a gift coupon from AGL Rewards and waiting from last two days. The Services are horrible and the customer care representatives are very rude and stupid. I have been chasing the team several times now and I was informed that I can go ahead and cancel the order. Bunch of jerks.

Mark J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cannot produce an Invoice

I have been waiting now for over a month for our Electricity account. Seems there is an issue with their billing. Customer Service would be the worst I have ever encountered. I am paranoid that they will cut off my electricity. And with small children I simply cannot let this happen. I have spoken to two ladies who although well meaning simply are unable to help me.

Mark J.

Hi Jayden - I have spoken with Asha on the link you have given me. If what she is telling me is true I think someone from a very senior level at AGL need to contact me urgently. Regards, Mark.

Nayana

NayanaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting service

They don’t care even if it is their fault, just leave us with no gas and electricity overnight in a cold June night.
Only we want was to change the name on the accounts and now they have disconnected both gas and electricity.
I have my 78 year old father and two children, they don’t even care about that

Susan H.

Susan H.asked

All big companies seem to be constantly making changes, throwing a spanner in the works ,I waste so much time rectifying the messes they make it is sickening,is there some reason for this

Robinsons
Robinsons

The reason given was that our contract had expired. In the current situation, would have been more considerate to us if they had extended the existing contract.

Karen O.

Karen O.asked

Do you receive a discount if on Newstart

Ashwin S.
Ashwin S.

No this is not only if you start new. Everyone that joins gets to be part of the Agl rewards! You can get as many discounted gift cards as you want!

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Karen, you absolutely do! Our customers eligibility for specific plans doesn't depend in any way on their financial situation. You can find out more about our available plans here: aglener.gy/Plans. Kind regards, Jayden.

Andy

Andyasked

Hi, Can anyone direct me to the time of use details for AGL. I cant seem to find on their website the times and rates.
Andrew

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Andrew, great question! You can find the rates and times relevant to your area here: aglener.gy/Price. If you can't find the information you're after for whatever reason, feel free to get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Get an answer from our members and AGL Energy representatives