1.3 from 1,564 reviews

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Haris Maqsood

Haris MaqsoodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Worst Energy Company Ever

If I had any choice, I would never go to AGL Energy however I was building my house through Simonds Homes (another poor company). They imposed this installation on me. I didn't had a choice to choose an energy provider. While looking at reviews of the AGL Energy, I am sure a commission might have offered to Simonds homes otherwise a sensible company would never go to these kind of energy provider.
They charged me $600 for the connection fee whereas other providers I called would charge me 100% less than $300 for connection fee.

Please stay away from this energy provider as they might fascinate you but they are the worst and ripping off their client.

Debbie

DebbieMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Customer service

You would think that with the price of power being so high customer service would be number 1 priority.
I received a letter about three weeks before 20/2/2020. The letter stated my power would be interrupted for approximately half an hour on the 20th because they were replacing my power box with a new , more accurate digital power box.
Today is 23/3/20 and I have not seen or been notified as to why they haven't replaced my power box. I have emailed and nothing.
Extremely disappointing.

business owner

business ownerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible. 2 weeks and still no power

We connected (tried) with AGL. 2 weeks later, a welcome email and still no power. It can be done remotely and immediately. Disgraceful. Has cost a lot to find other accomodation

Sandra

SandraSydney

Avoid.. Leave.. Stealing my money!!

ServicesGas

This company does not deserve a one star review - appalling

Not good AGL

My friend just opened accounts mistakenly under my name with AGL on 16/03/2020, then stupid story starts. I don't know why AGL sent 3 bills from 06/06/2019 to 29/02/2020. really disappointed as i have been used energy Australia since 21/02/2018. Why they sent me stupid 3 bills which i havent used with AGL??? And trying to disconnect with this company but they are keep changing and trying to not close this stupid account. As u guys can see i have paid energy Australia all the time. Finally I figured out that the bills provided by AGL with NMI number is wrong one not my NMI number so the resolution staff sent me a confirmation email. But still can’t figure out what are the agl thinking about, really disappointed l!!

Brenton

BrentonGippsland, VIC

Atrocious

The worst customer support

Don't have energy to write the details. But if you can stay away from AGL, do yourself a favour and don't do any business with AGl. Messy and fraudulent help from Customer support team. -5 Stars.

Same on you!

Max

MaxSydney, NSW

Stay away from AGL

Downside from 5 bedroom house to 2 bedroom house ! My electricity bill never paid more then $400per quarter! When I move to a new house whith AGL my bill was $608 for 59 days !! Try to talk to them but no customer service ! Try to go back to Alinta

Michelle.B

Michelle.BPerth, WA

Get treated like rubbish if you cancel

Connecting and disconnecting through them has been a nightmare.
Decided to transfer and go elsewhere due to over priced auto payments that they wouldnt modify, only to receive a phone call on my weekend from a rude sales man trying to get me to change my mind.

Zero O.

Zero O.

Get treated like criminals

Electricity connection

Worst service. I have called 6 times, still no electricity. There is no communication, I have to start again every time. After escalating this matter, If my electricity isn't connected tomorrow then I'm going else where. Horrible experience.

Worst company!

Not connected on time, continually denies payments have been made and demands payment regardless of being given proof, excessive priced bills. Would not recommend or use in the future regardless of their advertised 'benefits/ perks'.

Megan

Thanks but I’ve been in touch five times so far and no one has bothered to respond to me or call me and I have had to go to the ombudsmen instead.

Took money from my card without my permission money owe to me

Hi I am going to change gas company cos agl took money from my card without my permission and I had cancel my card so they don't keep robbing me. Worse ever gas company don't waste your time with paying gas to these money hungry people and worse customers service they don't listen .

Aaron

AaronSydney, NSW

AGL is expensive compare to Other providers

On April 2018, I moved to my new apartment with my partner and signed up with AGL for both elec and gas. We have noticed both elec and gas bill were much higher than we used to pay. Then I contacted AGL and got told that this is normal because I moved to a new suburb, the rate was different between two suburb and as well as the building. A few month later, I did a rate comparison online, and find out I could save more than $100 dollar over a quarter by changing to another provider, so I did. And I have just received my GAS bill from the new provider - it was 80$ less than AGL over the same period (Sep-DEC). I would not recommend AGL. And do a comparison here https://www.energymadeeasy.gov.au/ to find out if you could save some $.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

More expensive then any other provider and shocking customer service DO NOT SIGN UP WITH AGL

I have never had a $600 quarter invoice before IN MY LIFE! I called and they did not care, I offered a payment plan and they would not accept. They keep emailing and texting from a no-reply address and phone number so I am unable to communicate to them in writting. I looked into another provider and turns out AGL rates are so expensive so I switched. Still unable to contact anyone in writting about a payment plan, I didn’t even get a full copy if the last bill just an email saying it to was close to $600 - all support when I call is overseas.

Shocking.

Toni from Wynnum
Toni from Wynnum

An apology is no good when you have a $1200 bill. And the link is just an online chat - again, of no use.
Happy that I have gone elsewhere

horrible company ever.

Do not buy gas from this company. I have booked on 17/02/20 to my gas to be connected on 21/02/2020 when I have moved house, on 21 the gas was not connected and calling the customer service they told me to call the company that does the connection. It is not my problem with the company that connects the gas, I have dealed with AGL and not with the other company. I dont have gas in my shower and stove. I will pass all the weekend without hot water. After connecting the gas, I will change the company.

Grace

Grace

Frustrating experience

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Darren G.

Darren G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

overpriced and understaffed

We have been with AGL for a few years now. Anytime we need to inquire about anything it is either we talk to someone on the phone who is speaking such broken english that you get 1 in 3 words. Or if you use their typed assist online it is so slow that we get so frustrated I am amazed a laptop hasn't gone flying yet. Getting solar installed in a few days so hopefully we will be paying these LEECHES next to nothing from now on. Thank you The Australian Federal Government for selling off our power grid and letting overseas Monopolise our infrastructure. GOOD JOB IDIOTS!!!

Karen O.

Karen O.asked

Do you receive a discount if on Newstart

Ashwin S.
Ashwin S.

No this is not only if you start new. Everyone that joins gets to be part of the Agl rewards! You can get as many discounted gift cards as you want!

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Karen, you absolutely do! Our customers eligibility for specific plans doesn't depend in any way on their financial situation. You can find out more about our available plans here: aglener.gy/Plans. Kind regards, Jayden.

Andy

Andyasked

Hi, Can anyone direct me to the time of use details for AGL. I cant seem to find on their website the times and rates.
Andrew

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Andrew, great question! You can find the rates and times relevant to your area here: aglener.gy/Price. If you can't find the information you're after for whatever reason, feel free to get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Barryasked

Hi,
If I join AGL on a single rate product (assume United distribution area), then over time, decide to add controlled load to my metering configuration - is my original contract terminated and do I need to start a new contract OR, will I automatically be moved to the Two rate product?
Assume I'm on Essentials Plus.
Thanks,

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Barry, great question! When adding a controlled load, no changes to your existing contract are required. Your controlled load usage and supply charges will automatically be added to your bill from the day it is installed. Kind regards, Jayden.

Thanks Jayden.