AGL Energy

AGL Energy

1.3 from 1,451 reviews

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No seniors discount

AGl are listed as a NSW "Seniors card partner". I have the NSW Seniors card and after getting our last electricity bill I called and enquired about Seniors Card plan prices. They advised me that my bill would be $107 more if I was on a Seniors plan. Not really supportive of Seniors as a "partner".

ServicesElectricity
Hi steveOmac, this suggests to me that you're already on a very competitive discount which is great! We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Kind regards, Jayden.

Live chat is useless

My name is Zhi and I guess I had a useless experience in finding out how to cancel my AGL account with the live chat on the 26th of August. I asked AGL my question and there are some screenshots. I asked during the 18th of July. Never got back. Then I got busy with my life. Yes, AGL I got a life. Had a phone call from the offshore office said am I still using AGL? Then I messaged again a few days ago for a follow-up. Then on the 21st August, I got this lastest reply and the guy closed my conversation. So, today with the power of my instinct and guts, I called AGL. Well, the man on the phone said there was nothing about discontinuing my service with AGL. So basically the live chat did nothing. This is what you get from using offshore office even you are trying to save money. So 2 business days before the date you wanna move out. Unfortunately for me, I guess it is on the 27th of August at 7 am. It has already been processed. So, too late, I don't really care. Just want to let you know, your live chat service is so bad.

P.S What's with your hey dude! Are you demolishing your building by any chance?

ServicesElectricity

DONT USE AGL. Charged me wrong amount for gas and wont own up to their mistake.

Been with AGL for gas and electricity for 8 months now. It has been a complete nightmare. First off, I kept supplying them with my metre number but they kept losing it so I had to contact them weekly when I was first getting set up. Secondly, they estimated an outrageous amount for my gas. They wouldn't take responsibility and told me they would charge me to send someone out to check the metre again which would essentially fix their mistake. Believe me when I say DO NOT USE AGL. On a side note, every person you speak with on the phone will tell you that they're manager. They aren't.

ServicesGas
Hi Ash, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a dreadful experience with AGL as of late. We'd like to chat further about this and take a look at your account to ensure these issues are rectified. Thank you for your feedback, and please get in touch with us here when you find a spare minute: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Eight different people spoken to

Got a voice mail from Jessica from AGL asking if I could call her back. I assumed it was to do with gas meter change over which was booked in for tomorrow
I called back
After being on phone for 45 minutes and being shifted to seven different people I spoke to Abby who said she would help.
She did so and answered my query
Seven before her couldn’t
She was definitely going to get back to me this afternoon to confirm it was all done
But I didn’t hear back
In total I was on phone for fifty minutes
Still not resolved
How do they provide such a poor service and get away with it

ServicesGas
Hi Rod, thank you for your feedback. It's incredibly disappointing to hear that you've received such a poor standard of service which we apologise for. We'd like to take a look at your account to address why your call was passed on this many times and also answer any outstanding enquiries that you may have. If you'd like to chat, please get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.Jayden What I require is an answer about when gas meter will be installed These poor people who live in the house have been waiting for 5-6 weeks from the original date they were given They have a kids party planned as the opening for their pool on Friday but can’t heat it until gas meter goes inThanks for following that up Jayden Oh that’s right you’ve done nothing Seems to be endemic at AGL

provider satisfaction

Been with agl gas and electricity fo 27 years was hoping to stay with them when I moved into my new premises as I was always satisfied with pricing and great customer service but there refusal to give me a pay on time discount which I always did has made me change electricity providers

ServicesElectricity
Thank you for this great feedback Mmw! We're glad to hear that you're happy with the products and services that we provide. Cheers, Jayden.

Poorly designed login system

I can never login to my account because the first validation email is never received
Then my account is stuck at nowhere - can't login, find password, or re-register.

Log in with email will require input my account number then shows the account number is registered to another email
Log in with phone number will need my email address and never work.

Called them thousand times
Online chat to report the issue no matter whenever I got a chance
Emailed to some technical team and never heard from them

Why is so hard to resolve my account login issue?

ServicesElectricity
Thank you for bringing this our attention here Zhongyang. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the support you require! Please get in touch with us here so that we can get this sorted out for you: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.Today this is the first time I am able to log into the website in last 7 months. Thank you.

Ridiculously Overpriced

So overpriced, we have finally switched to another provider after being ripped off for years. The process was hard to do with AGL holding onto our account as long as possible and suddenly “upping” our costs even more on the final bill.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Jen, thank you for your feedback. If you're concerned about the total amount of your final bill, we'd like to chat with you here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Absolutely terrible

Every experience i have had with this company has been dreadful. We received a bill for $1600 which was WAY above our quarterly usage. When i questioned this with AGL, i was passed from person to person with no direct answers or solutions. Multiple phone calls lead to constant dead ends and each person i spoke to was unaware of every single conversation i had previously had with AGL so clearly, there is no note taking involved. Was told multiple times i would be called back to follow up and it never happened. AGL then proceeded to threaten to turn off the electricity over the unpaid bill when I was waiting for a call back from them. Absolutely appealing customer service. Not even worth 1 star.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
This sounds incredibly frustrating Ellie, I'm sorry that you haven't received the standard of support and service that you deserve. We'd love to take a look at your account and see what we can do to make amends for these incidents. If you find the time, please get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Loyalty means nothing

We have been with AGL for many years, for both gas and electricity - however most recently with only gas. During the past few years, we have had numerous issues with AGL. Incorrect charges on the accounts, removing Tariff 31 and 33, however still being charged for their connection for months after disconnecting them. Most recently - and the final straw was their reduction of the Solar feed-in tariff from 10.6c to 8.6c. I contacted AGL regarding this and was told the tariff was reduced and that was that. I questioned them as to why I was not notified of the tariff being reduced - as this affects me as their customer. They simply told me that they were not obliged to advise me prior reducing it. I am now in the middle of transferring to another provider - a provider who provides a feed in tariff of more than double what AGL are now offering. Goodbye AGL, I wish I could say it was a pleasure!

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Hi SMc, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I'm sorry to hear that our communication - or lack thereof - has led to you looking elsewhere for your energy needs. If you have any lingering enquiries, please get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Very Unprofessional and Terrible company

I have been with AGL for electricity and gas for the last 11 years. My average bill for electricity is around $200 for 3 months. MY lot of friends suggested me to move from AGL saying that they are expensive and unprofessional but I never decided to move. But last week a SA Power meter reader came to my home and I found that my meter is not working and showing an error message. After a week I received an electricity bill from AGL for $800 for 3 months. I was hell shocked and called the company and they even not interested to listen to me. They said this is an estimated bill on behalf of statistics in your area. They cannot average/estimate my bill from my history rather than they sent me 4 times higher amount bill and customer service staff said they cannot do anything. Very unprofessional staff. Now I can say they are thief….WORST COMPANY ever. Please, everybody, do not go with AGL for electricity and gas. There are many competitors in the market to try them.

See the photo attached for the comparison of last quarter and this quarter bill amount

ServicesElectricity
Hi Sandeep, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. It sounds like you've been offered some poor advice here I'm sorry to say, as we can and do review our customers bills based on historical consumption in the event that a meter becomes faulty. We'd like to chat further about this, so please get in touch with us here when you get the chance: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Incorrect billing

I am in an embedded network and AGL keeps trying to charge supply charges even though I pay them to someone else who manages the Network and pays jemena

This is painful

ServicesElectricity
Thank you for taking the time to review our services Tristan! It sounds like we haven't provided with a decent explanation of how embedded networks work. If you'd like to discuss this further, please get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.I don't think it does. Please desist attempting to charge supply charges until the meter is no longer a child meter.

Dirty, reckless company

I am deeply concerned about AGL's plans to develop a gas import terminal in Western Port Bay. This plan spells environmental disaster for the sensitive ecology of the Ramsar-listed wetlands the Western Port Bay contains, and should not go ahead.

ServicesGas

I had an issue and it has since been resolved

Issue has since been resolved. It took many phone calls however I was finally compensated for a number of mistakes that were made on my account. Thank you AGL. Cheers

ServicesGas
Hi Grace, I'm sorry to hear that your experience with AGL has been so dreadful. We'd like to see to it that you receive everything you've been promised and that this is followed up internally. So that we can lend a hand, please get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.Thanks Jayden. Unfortunately the link didn't work.Hi Grace, my apologies. Try this: m.me/aglenergy. Kind regards, Jayden.

Would not let me leave

I will never use AGL again after being continuously harassed to stay with them. Further, even after repeated direct responses to leave AGL, after over a month and several calls this week I still battle to leave having received a welcome to AGL email in my inbox this morning. After calling [name removed] in the Philippines who had no supervisor on the floor I am now directed by the resolution department that was due to open in mins. They directed me to contact Alinta to now request to roll my account over again after several unexplained reasons as to why this had happened.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Adam, I'm sorry to hear that we've failed to provide you with a reasonable explanation here. We appreciate the feedback and we'd like to follow up on this fro you so please get in touch with us here when you get the chance: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Dreadful customer service for WA residence with the timezone difference.

AGL categorically stuffed up a simple regulator upgrade request leaving us without gas for an upgraded hot water system for a week.

Calling the relocation team at 4.30pm in WA with an issue means not being able to get through to anyone that can help. The lady I spoke to in SA couldn't get hold of ANYONE that could assist with my enquiry, which was a simple follow up on an initial request.

This poor girl in SA was so lovely and sympathetic, even she was amazed that she couldn't find someone to help..

After about 2 months, we are now Kleanheat customers. What a joke of a business.

ServicesGas
Thank you for this feedback Ben. I'm sorry to hear that we weren't able to provide you with the support you required and that you've on from AGL as a result. I'll be sure to pass your comments on, and please get in touch with us here if there is anything else that you'd like to discuss: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Deeply concerned

Deeply concerned about AGL's plans, I think they should consider being more environmentally considerate, as well as consider locals in the area, including the local indigenous community within the West

Worst supplier ever!

I had to set an account with AGL for hot water, since the hot water system is centralised in the building I live in. Setting an account seemed to be smooth, but they recorded everything wrongly, including my name and email address. That wasn't the end of the story though. I never received a welcome package even after fixing my contact details and sending request to AGL for more than 5 times (I guess I was too patient. They wasted my time). Wish this were the only issue.

AGL likes to surprise its customers by shocking bills. All of a sudden, their online system worked and billed me ~$700 for 21 days of hot water usage. When it comes to money, everything works, even before welcoming you!! When I checked the bill, my usage was recorded as more than 2000 litres per day (we are only two people living in that unit). I contacted AGL again, this time for the more serious problem of $700 bill. They said, the meter must be faulty, so they would organise a visit by a technician. Funny story, they first said if the meter weren't faulty, I would be charged for the visit, and once I objected that I would not be OK with it, they said, alright they would not charge me (i.e. they try their best to charge you as much as possible). The visit was supposed to be last week, but up until now I have not received any call from any technician regarding the visit.

I do not have any problem with their operators though. They do their job, and say what they are told. The whole AGL organisation, in particular managerial system, is the issue.

If it weren't for the fact that the hot water is centralised in the building, I would not hesitate to change the supplier. Hope AGL does not force me to move out, just to set myself free from them.

Stay away from AGL.

ServicesGas
Hi Ahmad, we appreciate this detailed feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your recent exchanges with AGL have been fraught with such frustration. If any of these issues remain outstanding, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here so that we can sort this out for you: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Estimated bill

Very dishonest retailer, never informed us that own reading for solar feed in tariff is not taken into account, only them will determine your reading and end up cost you more. Reissue of bill takes you ages just because they not reveal your actual solar reading. Dishonest retailer!!!!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Hi Agnes, we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your AGL bills have been a pain point for you and we'd like to chat further to ensure that this is not a problem moving forward. If you find the time, please reach out to us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Customer service is beyond hopeless

Gas bill suddenly increased due to the fact that they have been estimating for the last 3 years, fair enough, we have given them the actual read and the bill had gone up 4 times what we paid. Initially we didn't understand why the bill went up so much but it was a very simple answer which took them 2 weeks to explain.
Now because we only moved in for one year, I said it was unfair that we have to pay for the excess that could've been charged from previous tenants. They still fail to answer my question and tries to give other irrelevant answers.
So sick of spending close to a month time with endless email, online chat and calls with them.
Do yourself a favour and do not go with these guys.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi J, we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention here. I'm inclined to agree with you when you say that it's unfair that you're potentially paying for gas used by previous tenants. We'd like to see what we can do about this, so please get in touch with us here if you'd like to chat: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Customer service is very poor

Wow worst customer service, think non english speaker is stupid ... i was promised a 30 days free gas and after a 40 days a received a bill for 40 days . I call customer service .. first they were rude, they didnt want to explain it and said to me can you read the second page and understand yourself. The bill clearly says the bill for 30 days and there way no 30 days off. He try to explain all these bills is for 10 days .. you expect me to believe i used $100 of gas only by cooking .. i get $120 for 3 months in alinta ... bad customer service , uneducated , u trained .. i dont know who is working in customer service .. didn’t even have manner to speak .. i am still so angry thinking about how I was treated ... I am shifting the gas provider back to alinta or some other.

ServicesGas
Thank you for bringing this to our attention here Monk. I'm very sorry to hear that the level of service we've provided has let you down and we'd like to take a look at your account to ensure that you receive your discounts as promised. Please reach out to us here to chat further: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.I spoke with the correspondent and he insist the bill is correct and I have received the discount . He said i have used a $100 worth of gas in 10 day what the hell . I used to pay $120 for gas to other company and it has been constant for years and years . But agl looks like very expensive or cunning in a manner to get the money . Hook or crook

Hi, If I join AGL on a single rate product (assume United distribution area), then over time, decide to add controlled load to my metering configuration - is my original contract terminated and do I need to start a new contract OR, will I automatically be moved to the Two rate product? Assume I'm on Essentials Plus. Thanks,
Hi Barry, great question! When adding a controlled load, no changes to your existing contract are required. Your controlled load usage and supply charges will automatically be added to your bill from the day it is installed. Kind regards, Jayden.Thanks Jayden.

we've recently connected to solar and have been recommended to join agl but upon reading "product review" i'm very reluctant to join up, hoping someone will put me at ease
Based on my dealings with AGL I cannot recommend them to anyone else. I am in the process of looking for another energy provider.Hi Bryan, thank you for reaching out here. I can confidently say that our Product Review rating is not an accurate reflection of the level of service we provide. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please get in touch with us here and we'll be happy to help: aglener.gy/FBReview.thanks Fay am now talking to Origin, cheers

Hi Customer Service Please let me know with the Seniors plus plan. Do i still receive the discount if i pay by the due date Both for Electricity and Gas bill I have just changed my plan from current Savers to Seniors plus plan Thank You Heantley Wicks
Still awaiting for an answerif You have changed your plan, your best to look at the email AGL should have sent to you or check your bill on new plan- it should indicate what the actual bill amount and the discount amount is. If it’s not indicating any discount speak to their customer service who have been very helpful - just make sure you write the name of the person you speak to and reference number of that call to avoid any misunderstandingsThank you