AGL Energy

AGL Energy

• Rates and Fees

DWSURF

DWSURFSydney

Horrid and try and trap you when you want to leave...as you will

Hennie

HennieSouth East Queensland, QLD

They can't even give me an estimate timeframe to upgrade my meter.

Shailesh M.

Shailesh M.Sydney, NSW

Faulty Bill every time....

Ian

IanRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very very bad service and system

Very bad service. Online account not working, can't see my bill. Called them multiple times across different days, to just ASK FOR MY BILL and can't get it. Been talking to like 5-6 staff and none able to solve my problem. Just keep diverting to another person and each time have to wait long on the queue. When I finally receive a letter from them, it's a warning letter saying legal action will be taken in 3 days (and I still can't see my bill)..... I'll never ever use AGL again, extremely disappointing and annoying.

Andrew

Andrew

Terrible and morally bankrupt.

Signed with agl on fixed rate and 17 cents input tarrif. The day after my account became live I received an email telling me I was on exorbitant time of use tarrif, tried to talk to AGL but that was like pulling teeth, made a complaint through the NSW ombudsmen. Surprise changed me back to what I signed up for but the web site and app will not give me usage or generation as of the 11th November . I do believe they are trying to fix the issues but still a bit ruff to have to go to ombudsmen to get what you signed up for.

Changed providers

Change To origin about 3 weeks ago we had been loyal customers with AGL for about 15 years. We are still waiting for final payment of our credit refund grubs to the very end do not go with AGL !!

Clean lvin

Clean lvinBlue Haven, NSW, AUSTRALIA

$$$ to cancel gas!

Advised AGL that gas was no longer required. Response was it would cost around $1400 to remove meter. Some time later, I was advised that was incorrect, and the removal fee was around $800.

After checking on the internet, quite a few posts indicate people had paid the $1400.

Spoke to ombudsman. Problem resolved. No charge, and the meter remains!

Few months later, a bill arrives for the "householder", with billing for a supply fee only.

Spoke to ombudsman again to get that matter resolved.

Bottom line. Do NOT trust AGL to do the right thing by you.

ServicesGas
Sea Wish

Sea WishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again

I put on the power at a small (120msq) temporary commercial premises. I gave my business details to AGL. Rather than receive the invoice in my company name, I received a "energy consumer" invoice for almost $4k, for a period of 2 months. I spent hours and hours of waiting on the phone to be helped -only to be transferred or told the wrong thing over and over. The power supply was fine, no dropouts. But the ease of service was deplorable.

kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I just joined

I have just changed providers, buy all the reviews, I have been reading, im not impressed,I will see what happens with my bills, and take note always read your gas and power, and make sure there not doing estimated readings i will rate Agl when I see how this company performs if im not happy I will let you all know,most of these reviews are negative,and how they treat people when there going through enough with the stress of loosing there jobs,and having to be put through all the pain of getting refunded there own money,I think I have made a big mistake joining AGL I hope not,I was put on to this company by those company's that can give you a better deal

Jason

JasonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Switch to another provider NOW!

Ant

AntSydney, NSW

WORST energy provider and totally misleading

Forget the promises about giving you extra time with your bills or caring if you are in financial distress!! Not the fault of the person on the end of the phone but the company is all about ripping you off!

wayne m.South East Queensland, QLD

Changing energy provider

My wife and I have been customers of AGL for 15 years and we direct debited 50 dollars a week towards our power bill . We were over 1000 dollars in credit and both of us had lost our job through corona virus so I requested a refund from AGL .They made us jump through hoops to get refund asking for 10 copies of bank statements as proof of payment took a month to get refund. Moved to Origin energy much better provider

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
AAA

AAASouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service

I have both electricity and gas with AGL. Their billing has been fair and allow me to transfer electricity credit onto my gas account. I have been with them for over 10 years and have been happy with their service. The online chat service Also allows issues to be addressed very quickly and efficiently.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Jon

Jon

Scam!

Do not sign up for any offers or bonuses they claim to offer. After signing up, you'll find no bonus ever gets passed on. After multiple phone calls and being pushed around to different companies; they claim that as it was not done "online", the offer is not valid. I did sign up online, and when I asked them how i managed to sign up then, they could not offer an explanation. Pretty much just a case of their word against yours.

I think they hope most people will just forget/give up on claiming the offer. Not impressed!

ServicesGas
Marko

MarkoBrisbane

Changed pricing without notice and play stupid

Obviously changed pricing because with lesser consumption the electricity bill was 50% higher than the least quarter. When I called they just played stupid. They app said I used less, my meter shows less consumption but the bill is higher. The worst part is they play stupid. Can't recommend, avoid.

Harry

HarrySydney Surrounds, NSW

After years I have no choice but to leave AGL

AGL couldn't care less

I have been a customer of AGL for 25 years plus. In a recent dispute about attempting to obtain a refund for a bill that was paid twice I was shocked and amazed how AGL did their best to make the refund impossible to obtain. It was their attitude of not caring less that makes me wonder who is running this company. I have changed my provider and would encourage others to jump ship. No surprize that there are so many negative reviews about this company. Dr Ivor Zetler

Mick H

Mick HSydney, NSW

delayed me for weeks so that they could connect me at their new higher than quoted prices

Signed up weeks ago, to go from origin to AGL then finally get notification overnight that I'm now connected and then shortly afterwards get notified that their rates have increased from 31 to 39c/kwh.

Obviously the delay in getting me connected conveniently coincided with AGL's new higher pricing which just so happens to occur on the very day that their new pricing starts. Come on

Steve

Steve

Sneaky company. My bill up 21% and they want 30 day bills

Maria

MariaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Failed payment for first time in years, sent termination email.

wayne m.asked

I looked up ownership of AGL and it said they were Australian owned.as a loyal customer of AGL I have been with them for 15 years.Being in credit I asked for a refund as my wife and I were made redundant due corona virus..The grief they put us through was unbelievable we have since moved to Origin Energy for a company that is Australian owned is a disgraceful behaviour don’t recommend any one dealing with AGL

kathy

Its your money they can not hold onto it,you need to call fair trading you have your legal rights,im so sorry to hear of the stress you were put through hopefully things will work out for you both once this cov-19 settles

Peter Donnellan

Peter Donnellanasked

Question regarding AGL controlled load time or clock?
I know the AGL controlled load is available between 1am and 6am, but how do I check the hours my meter is set to be on for during the controlled load to run a storage hot water service.
Looking at my AGL bill it appears to be on for only 2 hours, from 1am to 3am.
The meter is an Atlas Mk7A.
Occasionally we run out of hot water, I know I can press the green boost button.

Chris Bennett

Chris Bennettasked

Why don't AGL care about their customer service record. Are they arrogant enough to think that, as a previous default supplier, they don't need to retain customers?

Rcon Homes
Rcon Homes

They don't care much. Whenever you call them, feels like talking to a robot. Not helping at all.

kathy

Oh this dosent sound good i was told that this company was good i just joined

Phil S.
Phil S.

you can never get them on the phone they never show you a proper bill layout so you can understand there bills Thinking its time for a change

Get an answer from our members and AGL Energy representatives