1.3 from 1,511 reviews

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1,303

Amit Gupta

Amit GuptaPerth, WA

Pathetic Company - Always Lying

It's as shame that I have to contact AGL again and again to apply the Flybuys points as promised to me.... If this is not actioned now then I will be putting a complaint in Ombudsman that AGL is fooling people by promising certain benefits for signing up customers and then not fulfilling them... I have been told multiple times that it will be actioned but actually nothing has been done even after numerous calls. What a pathetic company.. This is the last time I am writing and after that it will be ombudsman complaint plus switching to another retailer...

ServicesGas

I trusted what this company told me and now I'm facing eviction

Sarbjeet K.

Sarbjeet K.Victoria

Unreliable service

I have moved to new house and finished all formalities before I moved in, It was confirmed the service will start from the day I will move in however, its been 4 days now, no gas at all. Called so many times, everyday day they are giving next day for the service, no hot water, no gas. Customer service is so rude. I don't know why I should be suffered for their poor service. Very disappointed.

Expensive energy provider

Just got my bill from agl . Really surprised AU$548 cant belive just me and my wife was consuming so much of electeicty in 90 days. Rang customer service and lady with whom i spoke was so rude and was very unprofessional. Its time to find other provider.

Worst Service

Kurt

KurtSydney, NSW

Worst customer service in the country

While attempting to have electricity disconnected the customer service rep was rude, unhelpful and not very knowledgeable. All kinds of hidden charges apply to disconnection that are buried in support pages. Go with absolutely anybody else.

Unni

Worst supplier ever!

DB

DBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor service

From start to finish when building a new house AGL was hopeless. Gas was installed without being required and now I am receiving reminders of an electrcity bill which I was informed by an operator that the bill will be directly debited from my account. It was never actioned!

ONLY AFTER YOUR MONEY WORST SERVICES

not good service: no on is bothered to give me an update on my new connection and I get phone call after phone call telling me if I want gas from them. they are not interested in giving me an answer on my new connection and only want to sell there product with no other help. The person who keeps on calling me from 0864585202 ([name removed]) is not interested to give me more information about my connections. so I would recommend not going through the hassle of having a service from AGL.So i go back to my old supplier.

Gaz

the link doesn't work. Regardless of that, what more do you want from me? I have given you all the information. I'm still waiting for someone to call me. What are going to do about this?

Gaz

contact me on this email your link doesn't work gajendrag@hotmail.com

Swet H.

Swet H.Sydney, NSW

Worst Customer Service

jen

jenSydney, NSW

Saying I did not pay my last electricity bill when it came out of my bank!!

Money13

Money13Sydney, NSW

Unreasonable Meter Reconfiguration fees

ServicesSolar Buy-Back

Hamid

HamidSydney, NSW

Flow meter/customer service

CHECK YOUR FLOW METERS AND WHERE DECIMAL POINT SHOULD BE. They move decimal point forward to charge you 100 time more than actual. Customer service yelling and hang up the phone on me because they did not want to accept they are ripping people off.

SUSAN CAHALANSouth Australia

Terrible billing system

I have the agl app and it said i used $252.05 worth of electricity, and generated a CREDIT of $228.13. I also paid $90 throughout the billing period... So I've used $252.05 of electricity, generated a credit of $228.13 = $23.92 add a supply charge of $72.50 = $96.82 add gst of $43.65 = $140.47 minus the $90 I've paid throughout the billing cycle I should have a bill of = $50.47.... got a bill for $162.05 !! Go figure, and trying to get someone to listen.... well that's another journey haha

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

That sounds frustrating Susan! We appreciate the feedback and we want you to know that we're here to help. Please feel free to get in touch with us here so that we can take a look at your bill with you: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

SUSAN CAHALAN

someone is "helping me" and they are standing by the wrong figures lol

Troy

TroySydney

They estimate readings are a scam

Every single year I get charged between 450 and 600 dollars on electricity for a single month when the rest of the months I spend aprox 160. They charge and charge, but never upgrade their software to be smarter?

Worst Customer Service Ever

I have both Gas and Electricity with AGL, they keep promising to follow up my issue,. but everyone that answers the phone call keeps telling me how good they are at their job, they apologize for the prior person (that answer my call) not following up, and proceed to do the same.

Werner S.

Werner S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fast and easy signup with good customer service and excellent pricing thus far

Have electricity and gas with AGL, setup was easy and their app is easy to use. I've made use of the instant messaging on the app and have had my questions answered quickly.

Submitting own readings for accurate bills is also very easy as well as setting up debit orders.

For those complaining about inaccurate estimates, just send your own readings??

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Thank you so much for your feedback Werner! It's brilliant to hear that you've found our digital and self-service options so useful! Cheers, Jayden.

Matilda

Matilda

I wished to get info re new gas and electricity plans.

Call centre hard to understand, terrible English. Talking from script about shoping credits etc but all i want is quote for gas and elec plans. I gave up. FAIL AGL.

Elo

EloSydney, NSW

Once again received a crazy huge amount for my only 30days electricity and gas bill

Its been 3rd time I received a crazy huge amount for my bill..I pay my bill on time every month and the reason from them always a outstanding amount for this past 6months and this time I received a bill $660 for 30days electricity and 550 for 30days gas bill..

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

That sounds concerning Elo! We thank you for bringing this to our attention here and we encourage you to reach out to our customer service team here so that we can lend a hand: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Karen O.

Karen O.asked

Do you receive a discount if on Newstart

Ashwin S.
Ashwin S.

No this is not only if you start new. Everyone that joins gets to be part of the Agl rewards! You can get as many discounted gift cards as you want!

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Karen, you absolutely do! Our customers eligibility for specific plans doesn't depend in any way on their financial situation. You can find out more about our available plans here: aglener.gy/Plans. Kind regards, Jayden.

Andy

Andyasked

Hi, Can anyone direct me to the time of use details for AGL. I cant seem to find on their website the times and rates.
Andrew

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Andrew, great question! You can find the rates and times relevant to your area here: aglener.gy/Price. If you can't find the information you're after for whatever reason, feel free to get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Barryasked

Hi,
If I join AGL on a single rate product (assume United distribution area), then over time, decide to add controlled load to my metering configuration - is my original contract terminated and do I need to start a new contract OR, will I automatically be moved to the Two rate product?
Assume I'm on Essentials Plus.
Thanks,

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Barry, great question! When adding a controlled load, no changes to your existing contract are required. Your controlled load usage and supply charges will automatically be added to your bill from the day it is installed. Kind regards, Jayden.

Thanks Jayden.