AGL Energy

• Rates and Fees

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-TwiceAU

Better than Click Energy

I had my electricity with Click Energy after them being recommended by One Big Switch.

They were bought by AGL, and a year ago my account was switched (pun intended) to AGL.

AGL have an Australian based call centre, and are helpful sorting out paperwork issues.

Click insisted on monthly instalments with a catchup in the 3rd month. AGL are happy to wait for one payment at the end of the quarter. Their rates are excellent (for me) and I can only recommend them highly

iamagirl1969South Australia

AGL has my home phone number, linked to another person's Electricity account (I am not an AGL customer)

iamagirl1969

I am NOT an AGL CUSTOMER PUNEET, SO HOW CAN I SEND YOU MY ACCOUNT DETAILS??? WHAT PART OF MY EMAIL, DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

Horrible service very rude

Rude staff not willing to help and ridiculous policies do not go through agl horrible horrible.

Ariell
AriellPerth, WA

Disconnection a nightmare

My builder signed me up with AGL when I built the house and it was a relatively straightforward process. However, trying to disconnect took me days. The phone number cuts out all the time and so does the chat. I have limited availability to sit on these things for long periods. At the end, I get guy on the chat who tells me off for taking too long and hangs up. I am now paying for someone else's gas use.

Jay and Tazz
Jay and TazzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disgusting behaviour

Claire
Claire

Expensive, Cannot disconnect online

There is no online option of disconnecting the service. Had to do the online chat support and took me 2 hours in total. Such a waste of my time, this process should be 2 minute.
The agent responds so slowly and asks so many redundant questions. He tried to ‘retain’ me when I said agl is too expensive but then pointed me to the website and said that’s the best rate. Also it takes 3 business days to disconnect my energy which is 5 days including weekends, how is this acceptable?
If you go to Victoria energy compare, there are so many cheaper energy providers and I truely don’t understand why agl exist, extremely expensive rated and very poor service, what’s the premium for?

To the credit of Regan Baily

I was having a lot of trouble connecting my utilities and Regan personally helped me out with everything, replying super quick to emails and monitoring my entire connection, making it so easy Before this I had spoken to countless people and company’s before with little to no help, so this was really refreshing.
Thanks.

ServicesElectricity
AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Hi Justin, Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback, it's great to hear! We are glad to see that you've been happy with the service. Thanks for being an AGL customer.
Regards,
Puneet

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
trent l.
trent l.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Use to be reasonable - have now become control freaks

AGL Insist on upgrading to a smart meter by 20the DEC- I do not want one- I opt out - they send an email that informs me that there still going to come around and "work on it". But they don't like coming around to "read" the meter(always giving estimates). I like the old ways better, I paid $400 for this solar fit meter, its in perfect condition. AGL you've shown your true colours- been a loyal customer for over 30 years. I'm outa here, your gone. Did anyone mention Alinta ?

Disconnection of services

Trying to disconnect my electricity and gas on the date that my lease contract expires and I plan to move into a share house that already has a energy provider already established, and AGL are making it very hard to book the date to disconnect my service. I cannot find anywhere online stating where to disconnect your services without contacting them, which I did and was answered by an operator after a few minutes. I tell him I am moving out and need to disconnect my services, for him only to say that his computer 'inconveniently' froze. To which I was put back on hold for 15 minutes until the call was then terminated. Awful service. Certainly will be looking for a different provider in the future.

Gillian Peek
Gillian PeekHunter Region, NSW

AGL is a disgrace

Was Quoted a rate from AGL ,immediately after the cooling off period the rate was doubled claiming they did not have all the information - which was incorrect . They can't be trusted . This enormous price increase will have a detrimental effect on our business . I consented to change to AGL based on a quoted rate and it has been doubled . Dishonest and disgraceful. Will never recommend them

Terrible

I wanted to pay a bill (which I got sent a bill for) but apparently I didn’t have a account with them. They stated that they needed to disconnect my gas as the bill was overdue (it wasn’t I was trying to pay it early) Online help chat was worse.

Scammers

AGL sent me a bill 10 months after I had changed gas suppliers, saying I owe them $415. When I called customer service about it, they listened to my issue, then hung up on me. Three times. One of the agents even showed me a ton of attitude.
DO NOT join AGL, unless you want a headache for no reason.

Don't recommend

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Off peak time

AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Hi Peter, thanks for reaching out. Are you interested in finding out about your meter's off peak times? If so, please send us an email with your account and contact details to customersatisfaction@feedback.agl.com.au a member of our team will be in touch directly.
Thanks,
Nicole

Roberto R.
Roberto R.asked

i just got bad experience with AGL , i just move to a house with my wife, first 3 moths bill come $122.00 , next follow months come $267 and next one $295. I complain and they reduce about $100 each but the problem is a headache call and wait , and take time to fix problem and explain , customer service not good at all the hand you up and when you call back have to wait and explain the problem again and again, i am not happy and i will move to other company for sure.

Hi Roberto,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with us - that isn't what we want for our customers at all.
I would like to look into your service issues to see if we can fix this for you. If you could please send us an email with your account and contact details to customersatisfaction@feedback.agl.com.au a member of our team will be in touch directly.
Thanks, Nicole

dna96
dna96asked

I was getting a credit of about $250 a quarter last year, so about $1000 a year, until they changed the bill cycle to monthly. I then started getting bills on average of $20 per month, so over a year that’s $240. So somehow I’ve gone from $1000 in credit per year to $240 in debit with no explanation. My plan hasn’t changed and nothing has changed in my home.
After talking to a representative who told me it’s all the same and made me out to be stupid, I then spoke to another lady who gave me no explanation as to why I’m out of pocket about $1240 per year? Everything seemed the same as last year, apart from me getting a credit, I’m now getting a bill.

Brad T.
Brad T.

I wouldn’t even know where to begin except I would change companies.

Get an answer from our members and AGL Australia representatives