AGL Energy

• Rates and Fees

What are AGL doing?

James
James

I have live chatted AGL and things seemed to have been fixed. I haven’t received the refund yet but I will wait a few more days. If I run into any issues, I will email at that point.

Thank you Leanne, much appreciated.

MelbourneLaura
MelbourneLaura

unbelievably bad customer service

I sat on the phone for over 10 minutes and still could not speak to a person. There is a problem with my bill that I am not able to resolve due to their appalling customer service. They are basically uncontactable. I will take my business elsewhere. Pathetic.

AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Extremely time consuming and frustrating asking for help on AGL App

Have been on "help" in AGL App for hours first with a Bot and then with various people with me asking why I could no longer get the graph usage feature. I was finally told (after hours and being put back to a Bot thus making me extremely frustrated and therefore saying I was going to give a very bad review for the time I had wasted on this, that I was then finally helped. I was finally told that the App had been changed some time ago. It appeared to me that after being on this so called "help" for hours they then reinstated that feature, as I can only see this month and not past months. The amount of time taken for this, literally hours is unacceptable and not helpful at all.

AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

One of the worst businesses ever

Bad customer service!

They called us after we applied for a house and I missed a call and called them back thinking they were going to help us with the house. My house mate and I have both called them back today and they we're so rude to us wanting to sign us up for plans for house we haven't even moved into yet and not listening to me when I said "we haven't moved in yet, could you please email the plans to me to so I can review them before I decide" and then she proceeded to hang up because I needed to sign up to a plan before looking at plans.

Stan
StanSydney, NSW

Terrible company, time to find a better provider

All bills from AGL Gas I received with estimated reading. There was not a single actual reading. Amount is 3 times higher than I used before my previous provider was sold to AGL.

It is time for me to look for a better provider. Unfortunately, there is no way to leave 0 stars for their service.

Sophie
Sophie

Nothing but problems

AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
warybuyerSouth East Queensland, QLD

They don't want us!

AGL appear to have the best solar FIT rate available in Qld at 12c per kWh. BUT because we have 10,075W of panels on our roof, we exceed the 10kW limit, even tho we have only a 8.2kW inverter. The extra panels we have cater for the sun at different times of the day and it works very well. Why this arrangement disqualifies us is beyond me. I know of no other companies that count panels. All seem to count the inverter size only, which makes sense. Why, AGL?

Amrita Saxena
Amrita SaxenaSydney, NSW

AGL is rip off and they over charge

Find out how AGL Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Tried to charge me for a refund

I accidentally paid my gas bill twice. Called AGL to get a refund for one payment. Was passed through two representatives and after half an hour reached the final representative and had to repeat my situation. When that was done, the representative said they would refund me, but only 70% of the bill amount! I was shocked that although I accidentally paid AGL too much, that I would be charged for that. I managed to get that message across and the representative finally said they would refund me the full amount. A bit ridiculous.

ServicesGas
AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Repeatedly the worst customer service I have had to deal with

Kat
KatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible costumer service!!

Ms R.
Ms R.Perth, WA

omit and fail to provide information.

Gas- had plan 4 years no problem with supply just the companies failing to proved information about my plan. Called 3 times asked to be emailed my plan after operator said it was a ‘MUT’ plan but didn’t know what that was. Operator said would email it. Emails never game dispute checking address and email bills keep coming just fine

Disgruntled
DisgruntledVictoria

AGL Customer Engagement

ServicesGas
Shivrani C.
Shivrani C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overdue charges

I am with Agl from last 5 years. Due to pendemic I had to pay my bills in split of 4 weeks. They agreed and took the payment.

In the next bill they charged me overdue charges without even informing.

Covid19 has been very stressful for small businesses like us , but for them it was a chance to make more money.

Since then I am thinking to change.

ServicesElectricity

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Off peak time

AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Hi Peter, thanks for reaching out. Are you interested in finding out about your meter's off peak times? If so, please send us an email with your account and contact details to customersatisfaction@feedback.agl.com.au a member of our team will be in touch directly.
Thanks,
Nicole

Roberto R.
Roberto R.asked

i just got bad experience with AGL , i just move to a house with my wife, first 3 moths bill come $122.00 , next follow months come $267 and next one $295. I complain and they reduce about $100 each but the problem is a headache call and wait , and take time to fix problem and explain , customer service not good at all the hand you up and when you call back have to wait and explain the problem again and again, i am not happy and i will move to other company for sure.

Hi Roberto,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with us - that isn't what we want for our customers at all.
I would like to look into your service issues to see if we can fix this for you. If you could please send us an email with your account and contact details to customersatisfaction@feedback.agl.com.au a member of our team will be in touch directly.
Thanks, Nicole

dna96
dna96asked

I was getting a credit of about $250 a quarter last year, so about $1000 a year, until they changed the bill cycle to monthly. I then started getting bills on average of $20 per month, so over a year that’s $240. So somehow I’ve gone from $1000 in credit per year to $240 in debit with no explanation. My plan hasn’t changed and nothing has changed in my home.
After talking to a representative who told me it’s all the same and made me out to be stupid, I then spoke to another lady who gave me no explanation as to why I’m out of pocket about $1240 per year? Everything seemed the same as last year, apart from me getting a credit, I’m now getting a bill.

Brad T.
Brad T.

I wouldn’t even know where to begin except I would change companies.

Get an answer from our members and AGL Australia representatives