AGL NBN
See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AGL Australia

2.4
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (12) · No (7)

Tony A.Illawarra, NSW

Value and performance.

I recently did a search for a better NBN deal with at least 50mb/s speed and as I have been a long time AGL customer I knew what they had to offer, so using their deal as the benchmark, I tried to find better but failed. I opted for the stated speed with the free modem and 12 months of free Amazon Prime. I found it easy to set everything up and the transition was seamless.
AGL is the best service provider if you have solar panels so it's unlikely that I'll be changing anything after the 12 month period. Keep up the good work AGL.

AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Hi Tony, Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback, it's great to hear! We are glad to see that you've been happy with the service. Thanks for being an AGL customer. Regards Puneet

Tony A.

No problem. Keep up the good work and I'll stick with you forever.

Col T.
Col T.

Same speed as Telstra, but cheaper.

I moved from Telstra, after a few years with their NBN. Saving over $20 a month. No dropouts, same speeds as Telstra, >50 Mbps download and 19 upload, consistently. Using the modem I got from Telstra.

AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Hi Col! That's absolutely amazing to hear! Please don't ever hesitate to get back in touch for any assistance. Kind regards, Puneet.

Sahand
SahandGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Internet Provider

I have signed up with AGL internet as my electricity is with them and wanted to have a bundle. I wish I never did!
My internet supposed to be 50Mbps and I have been running tests for a week and the speed fluctuates all the time between 3 - 7 Mbps. It reaches 47 once a day at 3:00 am.
I contacted their team, and after being on the phone for two hours they said the modem is faulty and I will need to purchase a modem at my own cost! And wait for them to send a new modem, and meanwhile getting charged. Just wow
I bought a new modem at my own cost and it is still 6Mbps with 200ping which is a dial up speed.
I have been following up with AGL and they cannot provide a solution.
DO NOT SIGN UP WITH AGL.

GaryM59
GaryM59Sydney, NSW

Modem Performance is Woeful

I was supplied with Comnect DS244WTV modem in the NBN Internet plan. I have constant lockups and very slow performance . I do not recommended that modem . AGL own Southern Phone supplier of Modem, thats why it was supplied. If a different modem was supplied I would have been happier.I have had to switch back to my old Telstra F@5355TLS modem. The only reason I requested a modem to be supplied was that I had a home phone connected when I was with Telstra and AGL would transfer the phone if connected to the modem they supplied.

DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Are you prepared for a long wait???

Firstly - don't believe the crap you'll read about AGL having your NBN appointment within approx 10 business days - AGL will not even contact NBN for an appointment within 10 days. If you don't mind waiting 5-6 weeks (minimum) to get connected then AGL is the provider for you. Am I regretting my choice of ISP? - YUP. My advice - run.

David LeFrancois
David LeFrancoisCentral, SA

If it's AGL...AVOID it

The NBN work ok but as far as Customer Service goes AGL is void of this. They love to tell you what your wanting to hear but after weeks of assurances nothing happens. Do our Country a favour and stop using AGL and maybe they will pack up and go back to wherever they came from.

LukeT
LukeTPerth, WA

AGL NBN Internet - Terrible product and support - would NOT recommend

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
walshtinaj
walshtinajSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do I have to give any stars?

SimonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Takes way too long to connect me to the NBN, told 3 days by sales rep, it is now over one week and not connected.

I was told by the sales rep it would take 3 days to connect me to the NBN using AGL (I have my power with them, so thought bundling was a good idea). My premises has fibre to the premises, the previous owners were connected to the NBN, so everything is in place.
It has now been over one week, and still not connected. I have contacted AGL (by online messaging), to be told 'I will be connected as soon as possible', with no time period, yet the sales rep was adamant I would be connected in 3 days.
My previous NBN provided had me connected within 24 hrs (at a different address).
What is going on AGL ? what is taking so long ?

Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not much of a wait to get prompt service with a phone call.

Only once I contacted AGL and a very efficient technician was sent by them to correct the problems I had and have not had any problems since. The speed of my broadband is good.

Start DateDecember 2021
AGL AustraliaAGL Australia

Hi Tony! That's absolutely amazing to hear! Please don't ever hesitate to get back in touch for any assistance.
Thanks, Puneet.

Shannon Butler
Shannon ButlerSydney, NSW

Recently added broadband to existing elec and gas accounts

The connection was quick and hassle-free. Staff are professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. Most impressed that they understand and help people who are not really good with setting up new modems and are very helpful. Not once did I hear "Really, why did I pick up this call" tone in their voices which was really positive for me. A BIG THANK YOU

Hi Shannon,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your lovely feedback, it's great to hear! We are glad to see that you are so happy with our services. Thanks for being an AGL customer!

Failure to communicate - No Prime Membership

Daz
DazMid North Coast, NSW

Great price, faster speeds and more data

Very reliable service compared to previous supplier
No issues once nbn connected. Service consultant was able to arrange provider to sort connection to home. Once connected service has been as good as I expected
Speeds definitely faster than previous provider

Hi Daz,
Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback, it's great to hear! We are glad to see that you've been happy with your experience. Thanks for being an AGL customer.
Regards,

ALI
ALIRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Useless telecommunications company

Can't provide the services you sign up for such as silent number and home voicemail, then want to charge you for a modem fee, there modem is useless there customer service is double useless

Cheryl
CherylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does the job well

Connection took some time, there was a reset that needed to be done on suppliers side, and was resolved in one phone call. Solar and solar monitoring connection was easy to update. Contact centre staff were very helpful.

Hi Cheryl,
That's great to hear! Please don't ever hesitate to get back in touch for any assistance.
Thanks,