Tangerine Telecom

Best priced NBN deal on the market and great speed!

These guys have the best priced plans for NBN that I could find and the speed is great. Also unlike some other providers they don't restrict your connection and try to sell you add-ons such as gamers packages to lower you ping. Instead they just give you full speed internet at the price advertised.

As for support they were great. I just had FTTP installed at my house and was a little confused as to which port on the NBN fiber modem I needed to plug my wifi router into, the call got answered right away by an Australia call centre and they were quickly able to point me in the right direction.

Friendly team.

Fast and efficient connection time. Easy set up. Tech support team are very helpful. Great price. Only issue is I'm not getting the speeds i was expecting. Sales team arw friendly also.

Surperb!!

Very easy, simple and quick connection. Great telephone support and emails were sent each day explaining when we were being connected. Very Fast speed. Friends who visited our home, connected to our wifi and were amazed at the speed. No dropouts.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

No need to go with the big carriers

From the start I got great phone support. Modem arrived ahead of time. It was all easy to set up. Super Fast download and upload speeds. Highly recommend using Tangerine.

Don't bother

Slow speeds... Can't cast kayo properly. Drops in and out constantly. Swapped back to Telstra. Customer service is good hence 2 stars but actual internet speeds are slow at best.

Awesome service

Got connected last week and we have had nothing but awesome internet not once has it dropped out.we have two children who use iPads and I watch kayo sports and it runs a dream.
Would highly recommend tangerine.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Daren, thanks for the 5 stars!

I signed up online on a Thursday morning by Friday lunch time my modem had arrived and I was connected. I have several devices all using my Wi-Fi and I am yet to experience any speed problems. Love it!!!!!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Gary. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your positive review!

This is my 2nd Connection

I have had very reliable service for many months now so I did not hesitate to connect a 2nd premises up to the NBN using Tangerine Telecom again.
Once again thanks to the delightful MJ who walked me through the painless procedure.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi KimbleC. Thanks for connecting a 2nd premises with us. Glad things are going so well.

Tangerine NBN 100

Easy to get connected
Very reliable no drop outs so far
Stable speed averaging 75-83Mbps ish. Max so far 90Mbps
Tech support is good, 10-15 minute wait time getting a engineer but once connected they are very knowledgeable and helpful. I used my own router, they are willing to help you config and get connected.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Cam, glad to hear things are working well. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Great off-peak time speed but woeful peak time speeds

Just signed up to NBN (HFC technology) in Seven Hills Sydney on the XXL speed boost plan for $69.
Speeds during the day are excellent, I'm getting 85-90 download and 33-38 upload.
Come 5pm and its a different story. Anywhere between 10-20 download. I believe its congestion issue as the upload speed is consistent on peak and off peak times.

i do most of my work around 7-11 so this is no good for me. Ill speak to tech support and give them a few more days.

Will jump ship if it does not improve as they have a 14 day trial.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Poor performance both Customer Service and Throughput

I arrived in Darwin in March and joined Tangerine on a XXL Speed Boost for $69.90 a month for the first 6 months Promo, sounded good, and at first the customer experience was superb...
...but it didn't last, I found that whilst during the middle of the day Mon-Fri the performance of the NBN was great, come 4.30pm everyday, and all the weekend it would be abysmal. To the extent that I couldn't stream a show from Netflix or Curiosity Channel.

A bit of checking had the CVC changing on a regular basis, the routing is a shock, as I can find the closest server as identified by SpeedTest as being Broome in WA. Try doing a tracert from Darwin to a Local Darwin Server, and it can spend much of its time traversing the country via Adelaide or Broome before finally getting back to Darwin. Obviously that is an unacceptable amount of travel for anyone's data.

When the speeds are good it's great, but come late afternoon or weekends I have had better throughput on ADSL.

Next comes an enquiry regarding billing, as instead of getting additional charges of $69.90 a month, I see charges over $72.00 with no clear or apparent reason, so I emailed support to ask for an explanation, and am still waiting to receive some response.

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/6005086c-5ca4-4b3f-9e37-494abb39b12fBefore 8am https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/7f23c898-96c5-470d-b5ee-10212e650972 After 8am https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/dc6c4224-4448-418d-836c-d764bfb4c8e0Then at 8.45 https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/a0c796e0-a80a-43d2-802d-29af4fbb145f it's a miracle

Having come to get used to Telstra service levels, I want to thank Tangerine for how easy the process of connecting the NBN was. Quick and no backwards and forwards. Many thanks.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Excellent customer service, bit unclear at times about how the setup process would actually work. I appreciate their patience with my issues on my end. Were very clear not to charge me until I was actually connected to their network.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

It was smopth once getting connected to nbn

Bit of hiccup in getting the nbn person at the first appointment but once connected i am satisfied with basic speed connection for nbn. Even during peak ours we are getting decent speed

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

overall experience is good but..

Except the internet is pretty slow on everyday 6-11pm ( unable to download and surf IG, even just have 2 device connected), other then that time internet is fast than my previous choice !

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Easy to sign up but that's where it ends

New service with byo router. Settings as per tangerine but no internet. 30 mins on hold for tech support who only confirmed the settings were correct. Told me issue was the router & contact the manufacturer. Seems issue was nbn slow provisioning as 11 hours later it all began to work with no changes to router. Tech support only interested in passing the buck.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Everything has worked very well. Very fast in receiving modern and setting up nbn. (All set up in under a week) we had no problems at all. I Would highly recommend using them.

Non reliable

The modem came on Saturday amd there was no internet as soon as it connected not working rang technical support and they said it was a fault in the line. I gave them the benefit of the dought rang technical support on Monday and I waited twenty minutes no answer. I rang customer support and was also put on hold for long period of time so hanged up and tried sales answered immediately they tried to put me through and to no available. I rang sales again they put Me through to customer support and i cancelled my service. Very Very disappointing with the lack of customer service should be answering phones quickly.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

How does one rate 0.00?

I have just done a speed test (it is 10.07pm on a Saturday) night and these was the result;
Ping- 55, Download 4.5 and Upload- 0.0. That's right. So slow, that a speed is unable to be detected. I see on my contract for a 25/5 package it states max upload speed 5 mbps, but doesn't state anything about zero speeds? This is woeful. Why am I paying for this kind of service??? Oh yeah, I rang up tech support during the week, and gave up after 28 minutes on hold. Then I rang back the sales team and someone answered the phone immediately? This tells you where Tangerine Telecom's priorities lie.

Start DateMarch 2019

Great speed and service

Well when I say I'm with Tangerine for NBN, people say who. But I'm sure it will not be long before people will be hearing about this company. Great speed 93mbps for fttc. Very easy to sign up and good technical advice when setting up modem. Pricing for top speed is very impressive. Cheers Tangerine

Standalone or BundledBundled