Tangerine Telecom

1,870 reviews
    4.3 (1,434)
    4.2 (1,293)
    4.2 (1,423)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (87%) · No (13%)

Worst telco in Australia. Totally misrepresent what they sell.

Lii

LiiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

Joined tangerine in the last month and it was a quick and simple connection process. Customer service were extremely helpful in getting me set up. Glad I've joined and have had no issues so far.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

kieranrdblack

kieranrdblackAU

Long wait times, terrible service, zero accountability

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateAugust 2019

Akash

AkashSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid issues all around

I moved from another provider to them, first, they did not conttect my service until a day and half later (was a straight swap of FTTP service). Now been connected for 3 days and have noticed multiple dropouts every day. I've been on NBN with two otyer providers for 3 years at this adderees and never had such dropouts before. ALso, their speed test results seems to be lower than their competitors.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great service!

I was with another provider and decided to change as I was very disappointed with their service. There was connection issues with previous provider and I was told I was going to be without NBN for a week. I changed to Tangerine on Friday, my connection was active on Saturday and my new modem was delivered at 8:10am on the Tuesday. Tangerine managed to have me connected again, two days earlier than my old provider, even factoring in setting a new service up and modem delivery. Very impressed!

Awful service

Start DateJuly 2020
Contract Type12-month contract
Shannon Smith-Mills

Shannon Smith-MillsNorthern Region, NSW

Fantastic customer support!

Small connection issues that were fixed professionally and quickly! The lady offering me assistance was patient, informative and prompt! Very happy with the support network and the quick time frame it was repaired in!

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateMay 2020
Contract Type6-month contract

Appalling sales/tech support

I've been trying to contact them both on live chat and Facebook for 2 days, asking the same question - if my modem works with their system. Finally, someone picks it up. I had to ask the same question 4 times. Then they pass me on to tech support. They had no idea if it works or not. I asked why, what could be the problem - Aussie Broadband has guaranteed that it would work with them - and they just closed the chat on me. I'm surprised to read so many positive reviews, especially on customer service, as my experience has been incredibly poor.

John Purdy

John PurdyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Service.

Great service from the Representative for Tangerine was very professional and most helpful with my queries and requests. I requested and received a refund and was informed of a more efficient method for payments. All resolved perfectly. Thank you.

Start DateJune 2020

subsul

subsulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Seamless transition, great speeds

My NBN transition from a different provider to Tangerine was seamless. The website is simple and helps you navigate through the plans in just a few steps. Service has been great and speeds for my NBN50 plan touch close to 45mbps - 48mbps. No drop out and its been smooth sailing so far.

Karin

KarinSydney, NSW

Solid connection fast speed and excellent technical service

Switched over from the previous provider, not happy with the speed. It took only 1 day for transition. Had some connection issue at the beginning, contacted the technical support, they were very patient, professional and worked with us to solve the issue . Very happy with speed ever since. Their price is also competitive , highly recommend to choose Tangerine !

Logan K

Logan KNorth Queensland, QLD

Do not connect to tangerine!!!! Worst company ever, take money and no service at all... You have been warned!!

Connected to tangerine and was great for first month and then lucky to get 12-18 mbps and numerous contacts and they don't care at all, always on hold to tech support for at least 30-45 minutes and then either disconnects or they hang up.
Do not connect to tangerine as they are totally fraudulent and take money and don't care if you have no service!!!
So many complaints with tio and still no resolution

Start DateJune 2020
Contract Type12-month contract
Steve

SteveRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Easy change over and good speed

Switched over from my previous provider . Was an easy transition , Tangerine handled it and did it quickly , same service , reliable but cheaper . No dropouts and steady connection . I would recommend them .

Lester B.

Lester B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Solid Connection, no drop outs yet

So far with Tangerine their NBN50 plan has provided speeds up to around 48mbps, with peak times (larger now due to COVID) down to the as promised speed of around 42-44mbps (I have some distance between myself and my router that probably affects this). As seen below despite heavy load from COVID restrictions I presume the service performs respectably from my 5ghz band on my router.

Review collected in partnership with Tangerine Telecom

Tangerine was great since the first time I went on their website

Had issues with my previous provider and decided to change to another one. Tangerine was great since the first time I went on their website, which is really well designed by the way. The activation was very quick and the connection is running perfectly.

Hand Washer

Hand Washer

Impressed so far

Both the modem and the NCD arrived within days of signing up online. Easy to follow instructions and we were online within 45 minutes. Been running about a week and no drop outs and the speed is what I expected. The easiest internet process I have ever experienced. I can recommend.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

PeterH

PeterHCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Woeful customer service

Tangerine. Tips for good customer service. Meet your deadlines. Promise to call? Do so. Don't blame each other for bad service. If you have a complaints line, answer it. Dumped!

Start DateAugust 2020
Joanne

JoanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Simple & helpful

Returning customer as the support service team is very helpful - thanks MJ for getting us set up so fast! Would recommend to others looking for a simple plan and set up.

Start DateMarch 2020
Terry

TerryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Getting full listed speed.

Change over went well with tangerine. Unfortunately can't say same for NBN who had to revisit property and make correct changes. Tangerine helpful in getting this sorted. Advertised speed attained every day so far.

Smith S.

Smith S.Darwin, NT

First class service at a discounted price

I had issues connecting my BYO modem and router. I didn't have to wait long when I called technical support and Julian was super patient with me sorting out my specific issue which FYI was not tangerines fault at all. Everything is copacetic now, I was initially dubious about tangerine so for any new people thinking of making the switch. Follow other people's reviews. The savings tangerine offers can go towards your family so its worthwhile.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Steven D.

Steven D.asked

NBN 50 (XL Speed Boost)

Just wondering if anyone who is a member already has a referral code that I can sign up with? :-_) TIA

Esther
Esther

Hi Steven. I have a referral code - ESTHED8DF2

Wendy P.
Wendy P.

I am a tangerine customer ( account number 35919 I was using my own IiNet modem however I think it was teconfigeredcto tangerine how do you know for sure?

Sara H.asked

Tangerine Telecom

Hi, we've just joined Tangerine NBN today (hfc) on the fastest speed, we are using it with a Telstra gateway connection kit. Have it all connected & running but we are experiencing dropouts every 10-30 mins or just randomly. Does anyone know if this is due to NBN in general, Tangerine's service or the modem?? Haven't had any NBN before so not sure if this is normal. Thanks

chris
chris

Good luck with the customer service , they never turned up to a scheduled appointment today to fix there connection and when I phoned they admitted they hadnt even confirmed the appointment with NBN guys but did with me , I was put on hold for 59 minutes then he just put me on to his mate with no detaiks past on, I would quit them now rather than try to deal with there customer service if i was you.

Sara H.

Thanks for the advice Chris. Was yours doing the same? Guess I'm trying to figure out if it's Tangerine or if we'd have the same problem with nbn no matter who was our provider. No point switching if it's the same with others. Also it's good there's no lock in contract as we can leave whenever anyway

Blf33asked

NBN 25 (Standard Speed)

Does the standard modem supplied by Tangerine work well or would it be best to get the upgraded moden instead?
I live in a 2 storey townhouse and the internet would be required to work both up and downstairs between 2 people.
Thank you.

Lauren
Lauren

I only have the standard modem and it works perfectly fine, however I only live in a one bedroom apartment so I’m not sure how it would go in a two story townhouse....sorry!

Blf33

Hi Lauren, appreciate the response, yeh im thinking the standard one might be fine, im thinking maybe for an extra $40 i might just be better off getting the upgraded modem just to be safe.

Thanks again, Brad.