Verifiedtangerinetelecom.com.au
4.3

7,597 reviews · Statistics

83% · 6,3271,097 · 14%
Adequate Speeds Yes (4,688) · No (637)
4.3 (5,922)
4.2 (5,397)
4.3 (6,036)
Fast speeds
Stable connection
Professional customer support
See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

About Tangerine Telecom

Tangerine Telecom is an Australian-owned NBN provider, and offers the following NBN plans.

• Value: unlimited data and a typical evening speed of 25Mbps.
  • Value Plus: unlimited data and 50Mbps typical evening speed.
  • Speedy: unlimited data and 92Mbps typical evening speed.
  • SuperSpeedy: unlimited data with a typical evening speed of 205Mbps.
  • UltraSpeedy: unlimited data (typical evening speed unavailable).

You can choose from Tangerine’s range of Wi-Fi mesh modems or bring your own modem. If you need a few extras, you can bundle your plan with a phone plan or a mobile sim. Sim-only mobile plans can also be purchased separately.

The company is also partly owned by Commonwealth Bank, which means there are some special benefits for CommBank customers.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers who used Tangerine were happy with their internet speeds, and said that they were or were very close to the speeds advertised.
  • They also said that they had a reliable, stable connection, and rarely experienced drop outs.
  • For the most part, reviewers were also happy with Tangerine’s customer service, saying that staff were pleasant, helpful, and resolved issues professionally.
Compare all Tangerine Telecom listings

$84.90 for the first 6 months, then $104.90 ongoing

Typical Evening Upload Speed17Mbps8.5Mbps17Mbps21Mbps
Max Upload Speed 20 Mbps10 Mbps20 Mbps25 Mbps
Max Download Speed 50 Mbps25 Mbps100 Mbps250 Mbps
Contract TypeMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-in
Data AllowanceUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited

Tangerine Telecom7,597 reviews
Sarah B
Sarah BWAPerth, WA

Consistent, reliable, affordable

I chose Tangerine when I moved into my new home 4 years ago as it was one of the best value home internet plans and I was very economically affected by the happenings of the time. I've stayed with Tangerine as they have been very proactive about communication - I get email alerts in advance when there will be an outage for nbn repairs, etc. I have had issues with connection dropping out over the years which affected my ability to WFH, but due to those stopping after multiple nbn repairs I firmly believe it was underlying nbn issues. Overall Tangerine has been consistent, reliable and affordable. Show details
ALEN A.
ALEN A.

Awesomeness

Great speed and quick response from customer service. Excellent pricing as well. Show details
Bella
Bella2 posts
  Verified Tangerine Telecom

Question about Bill

I had a query about my latest bill. It was dealt with smoothly! Ryan in particular was fantastic.
Chris C.
Chris C.VICGippsland, VIC2 posts
  NBN 50/20

Good for a single person

If your living alone and don't have a household full of people streaming at the one time, then this nbn package is good enough to get you by. Show details
Christine
Christine
  NBN 100/20

Awesome customer service

Our consultant Lorraine was absolutely amazing helping with signing up. Show details
Ben
BenSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
  NBN 100/20

The lied to me and leaked my personal informaiton

Tangerine leaked my personal information after holding onto it even when I was no longer a customer.
I called multiple times and they insisted they no longer held my financial information.
Tangerine repeatedly lied to me as it was later revealed they still held onto my credit card information.
I had to call again to insist they delete my financial information which they have still failed to do.
I am now receiving notifications from internet security services saying my details are now appearing for sale on the darkweb. Show details
Alireza
Alireza
Harry H.
Harry H.

Great NBN Provider

Cheapest Provider, Great connection, great customer service! So happy I changed over. Well done Tangerine!! Show details
Elise
EliseQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts
  NBN 25/10

Crap from go to woe

Absolute rubbish, our internet speed test shows average download speed at 3-5mbpa. Don’t waste your money. They also just had a massive data breach and all my personal information was disclosed. Company response: apology email. Pathetic. Show details
Ron E
Ron E
  Fair Incentive NBN 50/20

Tangerine is not a lemon

Very easy to sign up with and a great price for the service. Show details
John P
John P

Leaked my personal information

Leaked my personal information, took ages to inform me, then couldnt even tell me exactly what had been comprimised. Show details
Bindi
BindiVICGippsland, VIC7 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified NBN 25/10
Tom
Tom
Tangerine Telecom   DM

Hi Tom, we are sorry to read of the above issues and wish to discuss this with you. We have reached out via a private message. Thank you in advance, Team Tangerine

Randy Marsh
Randy MarshWAPerth, WA12 posts

Cyber Attacked

Just got a email today regarding a cyber attack and all my details were an unauthorised disclosure. Weird thing is why have they still got my details since i haven't been with them for months. Great here come the spam emails texts. Not good enough.
Tangerine Telecom   DM

Hi Randy, we are extremely sorry about this and understand how stressful this has been for you. If you require more information, please dont hesitate to reach out to us on 1800 211 112.

Peed off
Peed off

Details accessed

Had my details compromised though a data leak. Another company to add to the list of hacks affecting me. Not good enough. Show details
Tangerine Telecom   DM

Hi Peed Off, our sincerest apologises and we completely understand how difficult this has been for you. Please reach out to us if you need more information on 1800 211 112.

brianbron
brianbron · Tangerine Telecom

I have trouble finding out my monthly internet usage. I am on a 200GB wireless broadband plan and when that runs out I lose all internet until the beginning of the next month, so it is important I know how much I have left. Tangerine say I can access this data via their self care portal, but when I look for this there is nothing there. Their chat bot Peely is absolutely useless, and admits she is "still learning". I have wasted half an hour this morning trying to get usage information - not impressed!
Their internet performance is good, but customer service and website leaves a lot to be desired.

Tangerine Telecom   DM

Hi Brian, sorry to read of your frustrations and we appreciate the feedback you have provided. We have reached out to you via a private message.

Del · Tangerine Telecom

Where is your call center located? Is it in Australia or offshore, if offshore where is it located? Thank you

Del

It's been three business days, I'll take the lack of reply as a yes that your call center IS offshore & you don't want to announce it because you know Aussies dislike them & it will lose you business.

nxxf n.
nxxf n. · NBN 50/20 (Value Plus)

I want watch 1080P video on youtube. NBN 50/20 is good for this?

Tangerine Telecom   DM

Hi NxxF n. Thank you for your questions! Yes, our NBN 50/20 will enable you to watch 1080p videos on Youtube if that specific video allows it.

Extra Information