Exetel Broadband

Daniel P.

Daniel P.Perth, WA

Don't do it! They have no idea what they are doing.

Been a week and they still can't connect me. Whenever I call them they just say your status is pending and they can never give me a connection date even though my connection date was one week ago. Use a real internet provider instead.

Start DateOctober 2019

Phoebe D.

Phoebe D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complete waste of money.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Penn

PennSydney, NSW

Very very slow internet speed.

It’s the worst internet speed I’ve ever seen. They even don’t deserve one star. My suggestion is don’t shop for cheap internet .They are just there to chew your money. Customer service is also poor.

HELL ON EARTH

Don't waste time on switching NBN to Exetel

Signed up on 12th May for its NBN, charged $20 for delivering modem.
Activation was set on 18th June, which didn't happen, the follow up email with them resulted in a generic response. No response from provisioning team ever.
On 5th September received an email asking me whether I want to cancel the pending NBN connection, all texts are concatenated in one single paragraph, so hard to read.
On 1st October received another email asking me to return the modem, $140 applies if not returned.
Call that a good customer experience?!

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst service I've ever experienced

Activation took +1 week after receipt of modem, the connection kept dropping out with every use, the majority of the time the modem lights suggested it was connected to the internet, yet I still couldn't connect and to top it off, I spent over 2 hours on hold to make it through 63 places in the queue for technical support, only for the call to be automatically ended before I even got a chance to speak to a human. My emails to technical support went unanswered, so I eventually had to get the TIO involved to release me from contract.

Start DateJuly 2019

Helen J.

Helen J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exetel are a Predatory Company that mislead and cause massive problems

Locked in on a 3 yr contract that we couldnt relocate when we moved office despite avail infrastructure there. Two years of double costs with no service provided, misleading, predatory.

Start DateApril 2016

Terrible.....slow Mobile Broadband and misleading website.

Signed up to the Mobile Broadband, ridiculously slow. Evening times under 1Mbps.... I mean really? My dial up 56k modem was quicker in 1996.
Website states 12Mbps, I then discovered this was false as they informed me after I signed that Optus cap the speed at 5Mbps!!
Optus are useless.
Glad I only signed for a month to month and not a long contract.
I must say the tech side of Exetel were very prompt and tried to help but they can't do much as the service is supplied by Optus.
Check out the awesome speeds I'm currently getting in the image.

Start DateSeptember 2019
daim9

daim9Adelaide

Hopeless

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Veteran

VeteranSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service.

I always get 90Mbps/37Mbps in the evenings. Exetel doesn't slow me down.
The three outages in two years were caused by NBN Co. Exetel were responsive and helpful.
The free VoIP phone is clear and reliable. Their free static IP address got me, and their price is very competitive.

Start DateNovember 2017
Data TypeCapped Data

Was great, then went to heck

I was with Exetel for just over a year. first 10 months or were great. About 3-4 months ago, slowed down to the point it became unusable to the point we had to resort to our mobile phone 4g connection. Have recently switched to another provider and lightening fast. Clearly a problem on the exetel end.

Start DateJuly 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

vic

vicSydney, NSW

Worst internet company ever

Signed up for wireless broadband, from day one it has been a problem, have called and emailed exetel so many times, on each occasion, was sent or guided through, updates to a one month old modem?? and it still doesn't work, when I've asked to be disconnected, they want to charge an exit fee, as I signed up for a 12 month contract, yet the fact that they are not able to actually fulfill the contract, ie no internet connection, doesn't seem to figure in their calculations.
So now I'm off to the ombudsman and fair trading.
The above is brief outline of the drama, which had involved hours on the phone and numerous emails,
Don't sign up with this company!

Start DateJuly 2019

Ed Xu

Ed Xu

Great, reliable and stable

I’ve been with Exetel for more than a year now. I live in an apartment with embedded network from Opticomm and the only broadband that I can sign up is Fibre plans, no NBN whatsoever, kind of annoying but yeah got to go with it. Compared to other ISP-s, I think Exetel is great with its price point and its plans. I’m on the Fibre 25 plan and it’s quite stable with only few dropouts throughout the year. The speed is great enough, billings are on time, and tech support is quite helpful although the queue times are usually long. Moved from one apartment to another (in the same area with Opticomm fibre) and the moving process was seamless!

Great overall!

Start DateJuly 2018

Dacs

DacsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy with Exetel

I had an ADSL service with them for about seven years and now have had an NBN service with them for almost a year. I have tried other providers in-between but find Exetel constantly one of the better ones with the best prices.
Their support is good and they can be contacted by email, an online ticket or phone support.
Since I've had NBN with them I've had no downtime or other problems.

Start DateNovember 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Shn

Shn

Very bad company with 0% customer service don't waste your money

Trying to solve my intermittent speed issue from last 18 months but no luck. I can't even open FB page but their speed test site is always saying speed is 25mbps. Customer services always wants to send them data after the hours of work have been done by you, making connection with wire bla bla.

Start DateApril 2018
Contract Type18-month contract
Erin

ErinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst.

The connection was terrible. Barely worked, during peak times had a speed between 10 and 18.
When I tried to call for tech support there was a minimum 2 hour waiting time.
I am currently battling them just to get my.money back. Don't waste your time.

Connection TypeI don't know

Robin

Robin

Horrible service when NBN is down! Have waited 4 days and no connection!

Our NBN connection has been down for 4 days. Whenever I called Exetel, the standard answer has always been "please gives us 24 - 48 hours to investigate". It is really a shame! I doubt they will ever do anything about it.

Think carefully before joining!!!

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Terrible customer service and trying to scam you

The worst customer service I’ve ever received and terrible connections. We were messed around with the connection at the beginning for over 6 weeks, then our internet dropped out for a week, they fixed it but then tried to charge us anyway - after assuring us it would be taken off. And now they are refusing to end our contract on the the day we signed it - instead charging us 6 weeks from being messed around with the connection! Every time we have spoken to them they are rude and you get bounced around and 10 people. Don’t be fooled by low prices they scam you out of every dollar.

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Been down since 5-Sep-2019. This company has no technical control over its network. Don't join.

Have been using exetel NBN for 5 months. All of a sudden, now been down since 5-Sep-2019. Called their hotline almost daily basis, still no Internet. I am typing this with my 4G.
They keep saying escalated to upstream, and has no control over its network at all.
They have sms me twice saying the network is fixed, but in fact its not.
I keep calling them and request to cancel without paying "Early termination fee", and being turn down. Now I am stucked with Exetel with a modem with red internet light for more than a week.

Start DateApril 2019

Brendan W.

Brendan W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My internet is slower since changing to NBN..

Terrible company to deal with, take over a month to reply to queries. Although the internet is poor that’s not the real problem, Exetel is. I would not recommend them.

Start DateMarch 2016
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Michael B.asked

Wireless Broadband

Have been connected for only a few days. Waiting for VoIP to be (whitelisted)? this is after setting modem to enable VioP. Getting information like pulling teeth.

Internet down last night due to network? issue, had to reboot modem as does not automatically reconnect despite modem and Wifi itself not being interrupted.

Have been Exetel ADSL customer for years and only went to broadband due to Nicole from the NBN constantly phoning and threatening to cut off our service.
Overall very disappointed, will this improve?

Exetel Broadband
Grant R.Exetel Broadband

Hi Michael,

We're sorry to hear that you're disappointed. We would like to try to improve your nbn™ experience.

The best thing to do would be to give us a call on 13 39 38 to talk with our technical support team. Have your Exetel customer number on hand, and we'll get on the case.

Thanks,
Exetel

Michael B.

Hi Grant, I have contacted technical support several times to no avail, the call takers are generally very willing to help but do not appear to have the technical permissions to do anything other than promise to escalate to a level2 technician. The level2 technician then does not materialise.
At present I have reconnected my ADSL modem but now do not have Voip which I had previously.
All I need is to be able to have contact by phone or email with somebody who can actually provide factual information and make the required solution happen.
The required solution is, a self re-connecting wireless internet connection, a functioning Voip connection. Porting of my existing Exetel landline number to Voip. I am willing to pay for this to happen.
My customer number is 283536.
Thank you Michael B.

Allynasked

Mobile Broadband

I just got my mobile broadband yesterday set it up and it was functioning well for the first 3hours but after that i don't have an internet connection until this morning. Is this part of the drop out? If so how do i lessen this drop outs? I read in one of the reviews here that something can be done to avoid or at least lessen it.

Chris W.
Chris W.

Email them and get the firmware upgrade for your Modem. I had the same problem and now it works fine.

Allyn

Is there any extra charge for that?

Liz

Lizasked

How do I put a answering voicemail on my phone and retreive messages

Get an answer from our members and Exetel Broadband representatives

Exetel NBN 12 (Basic)

Exetel NBN 12 (Basic)

Exetel NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Exetel NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Exetel NBN 100 (Premium)

Exetel Fibre

Exetel Fibre

Exetel Wireless Broadband

Exetel Wireless Broadband

CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Monthly Price $54.99$59.99$89.99
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSLMobile Broadband
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/150/20100/40