Exetel Broadband

NBN, Fibre, Wireless Broadband (See All)
Listing monitored by Exetel Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (235) · No (279)

Luke L.
Luke L.Murray Region, NSW

Shockingly bad and worst internet provider I have ever experienced!!! Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere like I am.

Turned off internet after paying internet bill because they say I owe them more money which is not true AT ALL! Moving to one that doesn't lie and actually cares about it's customers. Read the reviews, there's a reason they're less than 2 out of 5 with almost 900 reviews!!! Simple logic dictates they're worse than anyone else.

Shenelle P.Exetel BroadbandSend a private message
Melbourne Applicant
Melbourne ApplicantGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hidden Charges of $300 for new line charge

I recently transferred from Dodo to Exetel, the first 6 month would be give me saving of $20. But there is actually a hidden fee. A $300 connection charge, this is not properly disclosed but hidden deep in the contract. Be very careful. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR EXETEL if savings is what you are after.

Worst customer service

Hi Zana,
We are really sorry to hear about this issue.
One of our team members will contact you shortly to get your Exetel account information in order to get this matter resolved.

T B.South East Queensland, QLD

Not bad internet but they like charging fees!

So I missed a payment due to changing my card. I forgot to update on my account. There is no way to set up online banking to pay. The payment didn't go through and I got charged a fee for this. Its not a late fee just a fee cause the payment didn't go through. So no grace period just a fee. This annoyed me so I have changed providers and well what do you know I get charged another month of service that I am not going to use from the date I stopped the service. These guys just put out charges on what they want. Stay away. No I really mean it.

Sorry about this Tony.
I will call you shortly to discuss.

Jess
JessNorth Western Region, NSW

I didn't know internet could be this bad..

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Shelley R.Sydney, NSW

So terrible Sales team and Billing team! 15 days passed, no one solve my problem but my enquiry has been closed!

Nicole R.Exetel BroadbandSend a private message

Case No.1461096
Sale name: Yani Weeraratne
Billing team: Shehan De Silva (this is person who totally ignore Complaints team’s email and just slash the $5 off)

Linda_CBrisbane

Speed has been consistently poor for a long time

I’ve been with Exetel for many years. They used to be pretty good. Since getting the NBN about a year ago the speed has lagged below what it used to be despite paying more. I’ve brought it up from time to time and followed all instructions about rebooting the NBN box and router but any improvements aren’t sustained. I generally get less than 10 MB per sec, and often less than 5. I heard from someone that Exetel oversells resulting in congestion. Anyway, I’ve had enough of not getting what I’m paying for and am tired of waiting for web pages to load slower than they used to 20 years ago. Currently waiting on my 30 days before changeover to Aussie.

Linda_C

Thanks all the same but I’ve had many conversations with Exetel staff and I continue to have issues. Time to draw a line in the sand I’m afraid.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
10 ways to improve your home’s internet connection

Does Netflix keep lagging? With the rain keeping more people at home, it’s not uncommon to see internet speeds slow to a crawl. Here’s a checklist of what to do to speed your wireless connection up before you call your internet provider.

Clara V.
Clara V.
10-ways-to-improve-your-homes-internet-connection
Naveed
NaveedOAKLEIGH

Good service on 50/20 plan

Had the service for 2 years. NBN FTTP connection. No problems. Was much better than TPG. There was no downtime luckily and the speeds were very consistent on the 50/20 plan.

waqas a.
waqas a.South East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic service, expensive and will charge you for cancel the service.

I wanted to transfer my service to other provider , which was cheaper but EXETEL is saying that I will be charged for one month. There is no contract but still they hide it in their terms and conditions. So please be carefull while joining EXETEL.

RyanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor Experience. Full of "gotcha" clauses. Left after a week... (well, a week + hidden 30 day cancellation notice)

Tried to upgrade to higher plan. Told I'd lose all sign-up benefits ($15/m discount for 6m). Explained I wanted to pay more, not less. Hard "NO".

Asked to cancel, told about 30 day cancellation notice. This was not clear, but fine, technically I did agree. Asked to start the clock on the 30 days.

Next minute the CSR comes back and offers $10/m discount.

I did not expect to have to haggle with a telco. Strange experience.

Anyway, 30 day countdown begins.

I was a customer of Exetel about 10yrs ago - I thought things may have changed, but no.

Shenelle P.Exetel BroadbandSend a private message
Richard L.
Richard L.Sydney, NSW

Excellent service

I signed up with exetel today and received great communication by email along the way. My internet cut out while I was working and knew that meant I needed to change my modem settings. I called and spoke to a lovely lady named Yvonne. She was very patient and explained how I needed to access the modem to update specific details to change from my old provider internode. Excellent experience so far.

Jon
JonSydney, NSW

Horrendous wifi connection. Keeps cutting off and support wasn't helpful at all

Drop outs every 10 minutes or so, called support they say no issue and said it should be my end that is the problem.
The diagnosis app Exefix was no use at all. it literally showed poor connection but the agent said it was fine.
Thankfully they gave me a full refund to terminate my internet.

sweetgidget
sweetgidget

Stay Away!

Customer service is appalling. I signed with them before reading reviews and then panicked when I saw how bad they were, so called them to cancel within 20mins of signing up. Spoke to 3 people before being hung up on. Called back and spoke to yet another person who put me on hold for close to an hour before finally telling me it was already cancelled. Dodged a bullet if this is their customer service.

Anonymous
AnonymousPerth, WA

Awful, don’t get it!

Worst internet provider I have ever been with and customer service to match. Continually had our internet connection cancelled for no apparent reason, they kept telling me I was signing up with other companies which I wasn’t. Had the internet off for about 4-5 days before it returned and I had to call every single day. Didn’t refund my money for the lost internet, absolutely terrible. Don’t waste your money or time on them.

Sanka P.Exetel BroadbandSend a private message

We are very sorry to hear about this.
One of our agents will get in touch with you shortly to resolve this issue and will provide you with relevant credits.

herlinc69Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good customer service

Very happy with the follow up service by Christina. Im surprised that they do care about their customers when you have an issue. They will sort it out. Internet service is also very good and reliable.

Nicole R.Exetel BroadbandSend a private message