Exetel Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (210) · No (252)

Paul K.

Paul K.Victoria

There are often outages!

I was charged more then I thought the deal was. They do not offer refunds. Dealing with customer service is a nightmare. Very rude. Will never deal with them again.

Wish I could give 0 stars

Hirangi50

Hirangi50South East Queensland, QLD

Loyal customer leaving for good.....too slow

I have been with Exetel for over ten years. I lived through awful ADSL1 speeds (ADSL2 and cable was not available for my address). Finally NBN arrived. I signed up for the 50mbps plan. I struggle to get speeds over 20mbps. I know my HFC can go faster as I did a trial on the 100mbps and achieved 90mbps. Now I still get spinning wheels on Netflix and Disney and experience disconnects when playing games online. Not putting up with Exetel any more, moving on.

Ben.L

Ben.LCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Good value but not the best setup experience

James N.

James N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful

They claim to have Australian customer service but it’s clearly second language/overseas phone services, absolutely terrible DO NOT USE THEM. One of the worst experiences, very unhelpful, awful. Would rather live in a cave than try to get my internet through them

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service extremely rude, we have been with them for 2years. when trying to make sense of there billing periods, they don't explain things properly to you very poor communication.
I got put through to three different people telling us something different each time when trying to fix issues with our service. When we decided to cancel our service it was a nightmare to leave wanting payments even though the service had been cancelled. They are terrible and I would not recommend them at all.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not so good download speeds.

Internet speeds are slow! Although my signal isn't best in the room I tested the speed in, it is still slow and has one of the worst download speeds if you look at the ACCC broadband performance data page, although ping isn't the worst and upload speeds do seem to be the very good compared to a lot of broadband on the ACCC page. For my speeds in the picture, the upload speed does seem to be pretty bad; however, when I'm in a room closer to the modem, or a room with good signal, upload speed is usually good.

Justin

JustinSydney, NSW

Best option. Good customer service if negotiated

Have used Exetel in Albury for 2.5 years. Quality has been good, and better than my neighbours (on Dodo, Aussie Broadband and unknown). When cancelling I told Exetel I was not happy with 30 days notice and they waived that aspect, with minimal fuss. I would still encourage people to look at pricing etc. as there may be better deals around.
5 stars because this appears to be the best option in my area, rather than because it's amazing.

Kelly W.

Kelly W.

Exetel

I have been with Exetel for almost 3 years. The service has been good most of the time. I have had a few problems but they have been sorted out. I’m currently looking for a better deal. I have been speaking to Exetel and apparently if I don't want to lose money I have to give 30 days notice even though my contract has ended. This makes switching providers difficult because you can’t just switch automatically which is what would usually happen. I think this is bad decision because in the future if I want to come back to Exetel I won’t because I know how difficult it is to leave.

Find out how Exetel Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

One of the worst internet providers I've ever used

Extremely unreliable connection, even off-peak latency is awful. Connection is always falling far off from the expected connection speed. The customer service is close to non-existent, always makes you wait for a staff member, never solved with connective issues whatsoever.

Dave W.

Dave W.South East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic customer service

Constant drop-outs, pathetic communication, no ownership of issues. They keep blaming it on "their supplier" but they just pass on the fault and do nothing proactive. Have tried for months to sort but no resolution.

Avoid at all costs.

Jay R.

Jay R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not perfect. But there is no perfect NBN provider anyway.

I signed up with Exetel 2 years ago cos a friend uses them with no problems. Also, they were cheaper than TPG which I was using then. I had lots of problems when we started working from home. After a few calls and emails, they rang back and rectified the issue. I was not happy cos of the inconvenience. They did a few follow-up calls even after the problem was solved. Overall - find the right provider which offers a fair price. If they are good, stick to them.

Dangles

DanglesNSW, 2340

Poor Coustmer service

Very poor Coustmer service.
Hardly anyone speaks English, when trying to speak to someone, you get the international call Center from the Philippines. When trying to get my bill fixed up, due to a over charge, it took 8 people, 3 phone calls & 53mibs in total to get it fixed up.

Dominique

Dominique

Terrible customer service

The signup process is incredibly slow. I already have all the necessary hardware to get connected, all i needed was the login for my router and somebody to turn on my service...they said 3 days, cancelled immediately.

Peter