ADSL, NBN, Fibre, etc...
1.9 from 1,227 reviews

• Adequate Speeds Yes (42%) · No (58%)

The best internet you can get for the cheapest price

The connection was always stable, the speed was always acceptable or better (30mb or more) . Trying to call them was very hard but that is now the case with all providers.
These guys have the best NBN for the price. Static IP. No silly firewalls or other rules.
Even disconnecting they gave me a prorated refund ;)
(I live in Belair SA)

Start DateJanuary 2018
Adequate Speeds Yes

Slow internet speeds

Worst internet speed on a regular basis. I've called in the past about this and they say it's just normal. I should just upgrade to another plan when the internet speeds I have are well below what they should be for the plan I'm on. 2 months left on my contract, can't wait to swap to a better service provider. I have to sit with my laptop right near the modem some days to get a decent speed or connect via cable. I have my office in the next room over in a 2-BR apartment and can't use my desktop computer half the time because of this.

Start DateApril 2019
Louise

LouiseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dreadful Communication as in none from billing or complaints.

When the NBN was introduced to my rental apartment I was not notified by either NBN, Exetel or the Body Corporate. Once I was aware there was a problem with the internet not working in November I asked for it to be fixed. February I am still waiting. I cancelled the service last Saturday having been assured that the whole service including the technician was cancelled. Yet the technician called today with no knowledge of the cancellation.My two complaints remain unanswered with no acknowledgment that they have been received.

Start DateDecember 2016
Santa Fe

Santa FeSydney Surrounds, NSW

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateNovember 2018
Adequate Speeds Yes

YvetteA

YvetteASydney, NSW

Constant outage, issue not resolved

I've had exetels mobile broadband for 6 months. I have had numerous outtages almost daily, and so slow a lot of the time. I now work from home so unreliability is a Big issue. I have called 8 times and spent ages trying to fix issues. It's now not working at all and I'm waiting and not sure if a replacement modem is on its way as no one has called back and confirmed as promised. I also suggested that they switch me to adsl to overcome the problems but they insisted I have to pay an early exit fee of $185!!
I've given up. I'm moving suppliers. Do not use EXETEL

Start DateAugust 2019

Joe

JoeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

terrible service, reception and support.

The service is terrible. I am in a suburban area of bayside Melbourne and can never connect to the wifi. Have had multiple techs try and fix this problem with no success. Tried to upgrade to nbn but was told I would incur a $185 cancellation fee for a contract that has $$240 left on it even though it is not usable. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Start DateApril 2015

Terrible company

Horrible reliability, constant outages

We keep getting outages lasting from 5 to 60 minutes, unplanned outages on metro Adelaide.

If you work from home and need reliable Internet, do yourself a favor and stay away

Start DateOctober 2019
Daniel W.

Daniel W.South East Queensland, QLD

Please Please do not get internet with this company

Start DateNovember 2019
priya k.

priya k.Sydney, NSW

The worst company I have ever dealt with in my life

i have been waiting for almost two months and my internet hasnt been set up still. When i call they always come up with some excuse. They are charging me for internet ($90) even though it hasnt been connected yet. The technical team is really rude they have hung up on me on two occasions when i asked to speak to the manager (with no call back). They promise to call me many times over phone and via email and never call me. the complaints email ends up being handled by the technical team too so its pointless. do not go with exetel.

Start DateDecember 2019

Piztol

PiztolBNE

Horrible customer service.

Horrible customer service, just put it simply: stay away from them, and let it die.

You might think it's ok to go with them because their service might be ok, then you don't need to deal with their customer service, no you are wrong, sooner or later you will have to face them eventually, and you will 100% regret making the decision to go with them at the beginning.

Their service is bad, but I believe the true reason behind that, is their management, they are responsible for everything, for example how to deal with a customer complaint, what kind of person to hire etc..

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Customer Service bar none. Hopelessly Slow Technical Support - Stay Away

Have had Exetel for 18months. We have speed issues every 4-5months, finally gets sorted out after I insist that NBN Co become involved. Once NBNCo onsite fixed within 30 minutes, this last fault 21mbps max for 8 weeks. Was told that 41mbps is all i can expect when i was getting 85+ before (was still geting 21mbps at the time, when i said well thats still 20 more than now the guy went quiet and said ok thell get NBNCo involved Wow) found their Modem was faulty and a node issue, stuffed aroudn about the modem in the end i just bought a new one,speed back up now. You have to push and push with these guys.. going shopping for a new provider. Am so over them

Start DateMay 2018

tay lor

tay lorSydney

Worst ISP Customer Service I've Ever Experienced.

Justin

JustinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor Installation Support | Incorrect call out charges | Slow Internet

I have Exetel connection for less than a month. I haven't provided proper cables. I have asked for details of the fibre cable required so that I can buy. However installation support did not provide any of those details rather they send technician. I have advised I'm not responsible for incorrect call out if the issue is with fibre cable as I knew, they did not agree and send technician. Technician reported that fibre cable is missing and they charged us incorrect call out fee. I still have emailed agreement where I have said I'm not responsible for incorrect call out if the issue is with fibre.

Connection is slow which still I'm trying to work out with Exetel but haven't had response for 1 week.

Start DateJanuary 2020
Lula

LulaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t contract them

It wasn’t working properly at least I just used it for my cellphone and sometimes Netflix, I paid 100 gb and it always start to be really slow the first week of each month and in the second week I finalised the gbs even when I was used my cellphone internet. So if you wanna try maybe get more gb even if it’s just for one person.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateMarch 2019
Emmanuel E.

Emmanuel E.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst internet service ever

Bad customer service, terrible connection...speed is slower than claimed, Consistent dropouts. Made several calls to tech support and they have no clue on how to solve the problem, kept passing blame to modem provider.
Run from exetel and save yourself regrets after.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Bad Customer service, slow speed and bad connection

The customer service has been inferior to other providers that I had.

I had the nbn50 but the speed was never over 30 :/ and the connection was not reliable.

I use internet for work and sometimes it was not available for couple days.

Now that I had to move to a new place, they want to increase the price of my plan by 50%. Exetel also did not want to cancel my plan straight way, which I called them few weeks in advance asking about it, and they did not tell me about thirty days notice.

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateDecember 2018

honest opinion

honest opinionHunter Region, NSW

Exetel probably worse company to go with crap service and crap ton of lag constantly

Worse lag and service would definitely not recommend to anyone at all worse customer service and the lag in the internet is disgusting but they always claim it’s not on their end

Start DateFebruary 2017

Jeny Barbar

Jeny BarbarGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service

Called many times, choose option to callback but no one called back. So annoying. I called again after a while a person picked my call :), he disconnected the call without finishing the conversation and no resolution, the person was explaining about the outage, but I checked their outage page, no such things...time to look for a different provider?

Start DateSeptember 2019

2bldornot2bld

2bldornot2bldBribsane

nbn acceptable, customer service pathetic

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateAugust 2018

Warren

Warrenasked

What is Exetel like in Officer 3809 compared to activ8me? If both are rubbish, what's better?

Michael B.asked

Have been connected for only a few days. Waiting for VoIP to be (whitelisted)? this is after setting modem to enable VioP. Getting information like pulling teeth.

Internet down last night due to network? issue, had to reboot modem as does not automatically reconnect despite modem and Wifi itself not being interrupted.

Have been Exetel ADSL customer for years and only went to broadband due to Nicole from the NBN constantly phoning and threatening to cut off our service.
Overall very disappointed, will this improve?

Grant R.Exetel Broadband

Hi Michael,

We're sorry to hear that you're disappointed. We would like to try to improve your nbn™ experience.

The best thing to do would be to give us a call on 13 39 38 to talk with our technical support team. Have your Exetel customer number on hand, and we'll get on the case.

Thanks,
Exetel

Michael B.

Hi Grant, I have contacted technical support several times to no avail, the call takers are generally very willing to help but do not appear to have the technical permissions to do anything other than promise to escalate to a level2 technician. The level2 technician then does not materialise.
At present I have reconnected my ADSL modem but now do not have Voip which I had previously.
All I need is to be able to have contact by phone or email with somebody who can actually provide factual information and make the required solution happen.
The required solution is, a self re-connecting wireless internet connection, a functioning Voip connection. Porting of my existing Exetel landline number to Voip. I am willing to pay for this to happen.
My customer number is 283536.
Thank you Michael B.

Allynasked

I just got my mobile broadband yesterday set it up and it was functioning well for the first 3hours but after that i don't have an internet connection until this morning. Is this part of the drop out? If so how do i lessen this drop outs? I read in one of the reviews here that something can be done to avoid or at least lessen it.

Chris W.
Chris W.

Email them and get the firmware upgrade for your Modem. I had the same problem and now it works fine.

Allyn

Is there any extra charge for that?

Get an answer from our members and Exetel Broadband representatives