I spent more hours on hold than having internet access

Changing providers, did some research and Exeter having won some awards I opted to go with them.

Timeline

- order made on 17th Jan, modem got delivered really quick.
- the technician didn’t come for almost a month
- finally comes on the 14th Feb, he is in and out within 10minutes given there is an existing NBN connection
- it works for 2 days and the Internet is down and I spent numerous calls with average wait time of 30minutes per call
- I am now waiting for a technician to come out again on 21/2.

As a result incurred excess charges on my mobile plan, I get down times however not so early in the experience

Extremely frustrating

I regret choosing Exetel as a provider

They promised a team leader to call, I am still waiting

OK
Set-up Time26 days

Misleading before start

Service never started but they did direct debit of $106 instead $69.99 as agreed. Before said “No charges For cancellation.
Before lady named Amaya Atukorala said No charges for cancellation now asking 30 days notice with payment. Ridiculous.

Set-up Time0 days
Contract TypeMonth-to-month

So Good and I love it

Unlike the other reviews, I can't fault any of the service and I am loving it. I have ordered the new service on Saturday afternoon and I was told that the modem would be arrived in 5 business days and the connection would be activated in 15 days. The modem was delivered next Tuesday (in 2 business days) and also I got an text message saying that the approx activation date to connect is on Monday after that week (after 8 days). Today was the day and I got an message saying it got activated. I have called the customer service to make sure I connect correctly. The waiting time was not short (20 mins at night) but at least it tells you very often how many in the queue and waiting time quite accurately, which I've found it's really good. And the staff was very gentle and lovely to tell me what to do. The connection was smooth and fast enough so far. With this competitive price, I am extremely satisfied with the company. I live in Sydney metro.

Set-up Time5 days
Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeWireless

Exetel connection, delivery and service excellent

Connected to NBN through Exetel Jan 2019 Mount Gambier. The modem arrived promptly, and set up was quick and fault free. The service cost is very competitive. Signed up for NBN50 and getting 25MBPS consistently. Note speed is consistent with NBN expectation given FTTN and NBN capability. No dropouts in service. Exetel performed better than my expectation given all the bad press on NBN.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Set-up Time14 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

no internet for a month!!

I signed a year contract on 22th Jan, till now, I still have no internet connection and No ETR. Their modem couldn't connect with the NBN connection box, the Uni-d Light is off.

Set-up Time0 days

New Customer

Within 7 days of switching to Exetel, my internet was up and running. Everything went smoothly and effortlessly. My internet was dropping out 2 - 3 times per day so I rang tech support to find out the problem. The tech guy said he would check with the supplier and I received a text within 24 hours with a thorough explanation and I haven't seen it drop since. My experience has been excellent so far. It's good value for what I am receiving and the speeds are very good.

Set-up Time7 days
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

I still don’t have internet after 15 days switch to exetel

I switched my NBN service provider to EXETEL last month 24th Jan. until now I still don’t have internet. After been told my internet service has been activated, plug in the modem they provide. The internet light showing red. Then contact them ask me to reset my modem no luck. Told something to do with the line. Booked a NBN technician to check. The guy come and said he fix the issue and my parents home did not try the modem. Then I try to connect internet still internet light is red. Contact ISP again, they said not sure need to book the job again.

Bad
Bad
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Good internet speeds and decent service.

decent customer service. Timely connection. Had it for 18 months, no real issues.
I’ll probably go to them for NBN as well now I’m in an nbn enabled area.

Worst Internet Provider In Australia

I was with Exetel for 1 month, when I connected they said I could the top speeds 90+mbps but once connected I struggled to get above 10mbps. So I called them and they tested the line saying that the maximum speed was 13mps and that even if I changed providers it would be the same. LIES!

I changed to AussieBroadband and now my max line speed is 100mbps! They switched me over on the phone and within 15 minutes all my speed issues were resolved. I tried troubleshooting with Exetel over 6 different phone calls but didn't get anywhere with their offshore tech and sales teams.

Exetel makes refunds difficult, I wish I had used my credit card for billing so I could dispute their charges but I used direct debit which doesn't have that protection. NEVER GET YOUR INTERNET FROM EXETEL.

Exetel sales and tech teams have no idea what they are talking about, no idea what is going on, and you get passed from one person to the next and have to repeat everything at every new person. Hours wasted on the phone to their hopeless support who LIED AND DECEIVE CLIENTS TO KEEP THEM.

If I could rate negative stars I would. I have also reported them to fair trade and suggest anyone else who's had bad customer support and issues with Exetel to do the same. AUSSIEBROADBAND HAVE ALL CALL CENTERS IN AUSTRALIA AND CUT ALL THE NONSENSE - I highly recommend them!

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Probably the worst service and internet I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

The wifi service is inconsistant and drops out often.
This casuses many issues with netflix and any other streaming services.
Also barely able to connect my mobile phone to wifi as its constantly dropping out.
When contacting them about this im sent several pages of generic roubleshooting templates that dont address any issues.
Finally they say they cant find any issues and wont offer any compensation.
Terrible, stay away for your own sanity!

Start DateMarch 2018
Set-up Time90 days

Excellent!!!

The connection is really good, we are getting the coverage all around the house, good speed, and we haven't faced with any dropouts yet!!
We had some issue to activate the internet modem. they responed very well and they fixed it.

Good
Good
Start DateJanuary 2019
Set-up Time15 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Keep calling you

I inquired about NBN then read these reviews, they kept calling and emailing me (which I ignored) then told me I'm rude for responding to their email and telling them to stop calling me and I'm not interested.

Connection TypeI don't know

Waited for two months and listening to foreign excuses!

I waited for two months for internet which never came. They kept passing the buck and did nothing. A complete waste of my time! Never go with them. They are rubbish.

I have never had such a horrible experience with any services in my life. I bought their modem and waited for two months for a FTTN broadband that was never connected! I called several times a week every week for two months. The people on the other side of the phone had no idea; they kept passing the buck and did nothing. They kept saying 'we'll escalate it!", to which nothing ever happened! They have wasted so much of my time on a false promise.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Poor customer service and even the product

I had to wait for nearly a month to get the new sim card and for the phone to be up and running. Phone message always take a day to receive (omg). Then I called Exetel to let them know the issue, people at Exetel has got the worst customer service in the world. What they did was passing me around to get someone to answer my complaint. Up to the point I have had enough and decided to end the contract with them. Then they started charging me all the hidden cost to exit. These people are not reliable and I highly recommend NOT to get any products and services from them. Avoid at all cost.

Start DateNovember 2018
Set-up Time30 days

Absolute Scum - Avoid at all costs

35 days since I attempted connection: modem arrived within 7 days, and I was emailed assuring me that I could then connect. Not possible then, or ever.
I've made maybe 20 calls to Exetel since - and EVERY time I have been informed that there are Network outages in QLD AND NSW AND Victoria. In 20 days, not ONCE has Exetel provided internet.
My modem is a white box with a red 'internet' light. Oh, and if you cancel your 'service' early, expect a $300 termination fee.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Worst product I’ve ever had to deal with.

Awful customer service, internet never connected, wanted to charge me a late fee before my internet had even been connected, tried to charge me a payout fee to cancel the service before the internet had even been connected. Seems like it’s just a money making scam and not a real internet provider.

Good customer service

We've had a very different experience to many people here with regards to Exetel's customer service. Connected the modem on the first day we received it and it didn't connect to the internet. Called the helpline and was immediately stepped through many troubleshooting steps by a helpful staff member (though from an Indian call-centre I assume). They scheduled a technician from the nbn provider to assess the situation, which took about 5 days but we had a text every day confirming the status. Still ongoing with troubleshooting, but can't fault the service or customer support1

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Avoid at all costs

Placed an order on 14/01/2019 and as of today (31/01/2019) had heard NOTHING from them with regard to my modem being dispatched or my connection. I have cancelled my service and will now find another provider to give my hard earned to. Long wait times, no answers provided as to the delay and refusal of a team leader, supervisor or manager to speak with me (none available at the time). Blown away by how poorly run their business is.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Useless

Absolute useless. Good on a commercial level, complete trash on a residential standard.

2 weeks and couldn't even activate my line. Called them countless time with even more countless excuses, ended up cancelling (My non existent) connection. 0/10

Connection TypeISP Fibre

Completely inept at every stage

Never managed to connect to the internet. They didn't send a technician to connect the phone line to the MDF. Except when they would randomly send them without arranging it with me. After being to it wasn't their problem I tried to cancel. The customer "support" never mailed me back. When I complained on their Facebook page I thought that I had gotten somewhere but they just said in messenger they didn't have any record of any cancellation requests from me. When I posted the three reference numbers for the cancellation requests I had sent the Facebook messenger ignored it. I finally got onto a customer service rep by waiting on hold for an hour and cancelled the contract. Then they charged me for the service they never provided. Once I was on hold for another twenty minutes I finally got told they would refund the amount. The email they sent confirmed that they would refund it in a month or so. Avoid at all costs.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Hi I have been waiting for my order to be connected for more than 1 months, the last reply I got was arrange my phone line to be transferred to the new Exetel Home Phone (VoIP) service which was happened on 30/12/2018. I have received NBN modem, but no sure whether my service is active or not as no one notified my. Please help! I have been waiting .... Jie

Hi Guys. Can you advise how long your NBN installation took. I have been quoted max 5 days. Thanks
Lara from sign up to service active was 6 days including a weekend. Modem was dispatched the day the line went active and was in town the next afternoon. Plug in and away it went. No problems at all.

How can we get rid of the ISP from Australia? They are a complete fraud. Customer service is useless and constantly lie, they never call you back even tho they say they will, arrogant and flat out criminal. The TIO advised me that in 2018 Exetel are the most complained about ISP in Australia. How can they still operate here? They don't have a single legit office in Australia, lie about speeds delivered and make unwarranted charges (happened multiple times) and when contacted regarding these things they don't seem to care at all. Be wary people, Exetel isn't even cheap anymore anyway. Lots of Australian based ISP's will do better deals and actually care about keeping their customers happy and delivering a good service, unlike Exetel.

NBN 12 (Basic)NBN 50 (Standard Plus)NBN 100 (Premium)ADSLMobile BroadbandFibreWireless Broadband
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSLMobile Broadband
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Price $54.99$59.99$89.99
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/150/20100/40