Agoda

• Trip Completed Yes (171) · No (316)
  • Ease of Booking

Greg Rewell

Greg RewellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Agoda charged for Hotel Room that hotel refused to provide

Agoda took my money for booking a hotel room which the hotel then refused to book. I was advised promptly by the hotel that they were no longer dealing with Agoda and that I could not have the room. Agoda still took the money. I have tried calling their Customer Service number which is always congested and I can never get through. The help centre chat is never manned by a person. Attempts at emailing having also spat back automated responses which suggest no one is there to help. Clearly things have been designed to make getting help almost impossible. Will never book anything through Agoda again!!!

Dick

DickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not quite the real deal

Ease of Booking
David C.

David C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

misleading prices - they add taxes at checkout - bloody annoying

I dont love or use Agoda anymore.
Agoda have changed their method of pricing.
They lure you in with pre-tax prices, then a surprise you at checkout when they add taxes.
I want to see (tax) inclusive prices when searching like Hotels.com does.
Unless you fix this Agoda, your gonna lose more customers.

Ease of Booking

Dont trust agoda price

Agoda price is misleading. I booked a hotel In Australia, pay with AUD CC but agoda still charge me extra 3%. I dont have this problem with BOOKING.com and expedia. Dont trust the price on agoda.

Never again - stay clear

Agoda never sent all my contact info to the hotel. When we didn't show up the first night the hotel had no way to contact me. Agoda chat is usually closed, never been able to chat. Charged for two night when only one night should have ben charged. Best bet is to deal directly with the hotel.

Christopher

ChristopherSydney, NSW

terrible, i will never do anything with this outfit again.

the website promised a return rate, but once I entered my credit card details only one leg of the flight was booked leaving me to need to book a one-way flight which cost more than the original return fair. Ripoff, buyer beware.

Shelley

ShelleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very miss leading DON't book with AGODA!

They prices look great but the catch is they charge your Credit Card in US$. It's not clear until after you purchase you are getting charged US Dollars. They messed up on my dates and when I corrected them they rebuild me for the entire amount but did not credit me for the first purchase. After the conversion of money from US$ to AUD they have deducted my cc for $1121.73 for what I could have bought off the venue's website for $780.00. They claimed free cancellation but that was not correct either. They are charging 50% for cancellation when my booking is not until the end of July! So angry companies can do this.

Ramya Subravel

Ramya SubravelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Charged after cancelling booking

I booked with Agoda and they emailed to say hotel got double booked and hence i have no room available. We cancelled booking and got acknowledgement from Agoda that we cancelled. The company still charged us for the booking. I rang Agoda and the lady refused to have any empathy and disconnected call even when i said not to hang up the call. Extremely terrible service. Don't book from Agoda!

jardy

jardyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Untrustworthy, unreliable

Fah

FahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stole money from my credit card after the booking was not completed.

I had made a booking for flight tickets but the booking was not completed because "problem with the credit card or something, have to contact your bank!" But they have deducted my money from credit card. How can I get my money back.
If I read the reviews about this app or site , I would not use agoda.

Loulou

LoulouSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wish we hadn’t used Agoda....

We booked flights through Agoda, and had to cancel due to covid restrictions. On contacting Agoda, we’ve been advised we will get credit only (which is fine), but not for 5-6 months!! Yet can only use the credit for 12 months?! Pity we need to rebook the trip for June this year...
We were also told an email outlining this would be sent - no email yet, not communications at all.
One star is too much - DON’T USE AGODA.

Scam for sure stay away!!!

As stated below in previous reviews. Booked a room waiting for confirmation email instead got an email to say “ due to technical difficulties you’re booking has been canceled “ but they have still claimed the amount of the room at taken this from my account. Online chat useless dose not work. Have not got response from emails sent regarding refund.

me w.
me w.

AliCatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice people on call centre (when you can get them) but the rest incl website is HOPELESS

So many - not possible to do many things online w booking despite being constantly directed to it. charged wrong card, online chat never working, no phone number, no refund to wrongly charged card.

AliCat

Thank you for the message. Someone from Agoda has contacted me which I appreciate :)

GerardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Happy

Just booked a room with theses guys
Took my money for a unavailable room claiming technical difficulties
In the email must have known this before taking my money out
Now can’t get hold of anyone to get my refund not sure money is take
Out until the room is confirmed with hotel refund should be instant as
The cancelation email.

Email has been sent

Rodd

Rodd

COVID 19 - An excuse for woeful customer service

Tried to locate a contact number for Agoda, useless, tried their online chat service, useless. I was a big fan for using Agoda but I'm of the opinion that the while COVID situation, businesses now use this an excuse for appalling service.

Mark Laurence Piggott

Mark Laurence PiggottHunter Region, NSW

Stole money from my credit card AFTER I cancelled 5days before a "book now, pay later" reservation.

Stole money (unauthorised and fraudulent transaction) from my credit card AFTER I cancelled 5 days before a "book now, pay later" reservation. They claim my card wasn't charged, but the idiots don't realise that my bank account clearly shows a transaction made by Agoda for the exact same amount of the cancelled booking. They expect me to wait 30 days for them to return the money that they stole. I instead asked for a credit, but they refused to give me credit for the amount that they stole. They are theives. Do not trust this site. They will steal your credit card details.

Cass

Cass

Avoid using Agoda at all cost!!! They only want your money!!!

PaulPerth, WA

Beware of their "Best Price Guarantee"

TinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Agoda is a scam don’t book wit this

I booked with Agoda a hotel in Sydney the offer was $108 a night. I opted for keeping it flexible which increased the night to $118 which I confirmed. I booked under this condition and the booking confirmation I took a screenshot of did not state the price. The booking confirmation came in at $152 plus charge adding to $159 a night. This webpage is a scam and does not trade fairly.

I had poor experience before stay away

Tina

Thanks for your reply, this is not the difference since I had pressed the book now button and the tax was added. The price charged versus the confirmation provided after tax was not the same.

Unable to get a hold of agoda regarding booking - chat not working

I am extremely disappointed and will never book through agoda again. Contacted the hotel as there are extreme circumstances of not being able to check in all roads are cut due to flooding. I got onto them through chat and they said they would contact me back via email or call. Nothing. Can’t get onto chat. All I want is to move dates or ask for credit and impossible to get a hold of them as the only option is chat and it’s not working! Don’t recommend using agoda to book accom at all. Large chunk of money down the drain!

• +1Thumbnail

Goldmari

Goldmariasked

Question:

1. I have an agoda cash and will be expired on april 7, 2021. Can i still avail the hotel reservation if i book a hotel on or after the said date?

2. What is the reason of asking my credit card number even so, i have an existing agoda cash?

Thank you.

Hi Goldmari,

Thank you for reaching out.

We apologize for the slow response. To answer your questions above, please see below.

1. Unfortunately, the expired Agoda Cash is no longer redeemable. However, for your future bookings, you can enjoy the Agoda Cash by booking the stay up to 1 year in advance and it must be redeemed before the expiry date.

2. Credit card details must be provided for a verification purpose. Our system will not charge the card if your Agoda Cash amount is sufficient.

Should you have any inquiry, please email us at appsupport@agoda.com and we'll be happy to answer you.

Regards,
Julie

Carolyn H.asked

REF-542199661 & REF-542199657
Could you please let me know urgently the situation with my package deal -l was charged on my credit card 1499.05 EUR --which was supposed to be a $971.00 Australian --l want a complete refund or the difference between the amounts. l don't want my Booking cancelled unless it comes to that --
Please contact me urgently as I am not in a position to be owing this money --
Carolyn Heskett

AgodaAgoda

Hi Carolyn H, we apologize for any inconvenience and we tried to reach you by phone but were unable to connect with you. Please be informed an email has been sent to the registered email address of your booking ID, please check the mailbox for more information regarding your inquiry. - Pie

Dear Pie,
I have checked my mailbox but unable to find an email from you --Regards Carol

Carolyn H.

Please help me here - l am so tired of repeating myself to Agoda !!!

karma chimey

karma chimeyasked

why cant I use my Agoda cash for my bookings? Even if I choose agoda cash as payment option. still ask for you credit card.

AgodaAgoda

Dear karma chimey, Thank you for your review. Credit card details are needed when making a booking with us, even if the booking amount can be paid fully using the Agoda cash. This is due to if there's any refund to be processed when there's an amendment, the amount will be processed to the submitted card. If the booking amount can't be covered 100% using the Agoda cash, the submitted card will be charged to cover the extras. We hope this explanation clears your doubt. Thank you. ^Hafiz

Get an answer from our members and Agoda representatives