Agoda

Agoda

Don't do it

Agoda pick and choose the currency they get payment in. It doesn’t matter what you choose. I booked a hotel requested payment in pounds had a card in pounds, they took out dollars. When I called them they said that they would refund it so I wouldn’t cancel the booking. But when it came time to refund they said that it was their policy not to do so. I ended up paying more for the hotel stay than just booking at the hotel and my bank charged a massive conversion fee

Deceptive Conduct

Beware using Agoda for hotel bookings. I've been defrauded not once, but twice on the same transaction booking a hotel in Norway. Led to believe I was getting charged in Australian Dollars, then bank notifies me they charged me the same dollars - but in US$! To add insult to injury they secretly added a 6% dynamic currency conversion fee. Ended up paying 50% more than booking direct with the hotel!

Is Agoda a scam?

I booked our room via Agoda website. Gave credit card details. Website says they're based in Singapore (tax haven). 40 minutes after the booking I get a call from a Hong Kong number (which I get dozens of scam calls a week from China). As the calls was out of our normal business hours, I didn't answer it. I then get an email from Agoda saying my booking is cancelled.

misleading description

website described the Burswood Lodge near Perth with the following:
airport 5.5 km (as the crow flies yes, by road it is nearly 9)
perth mint 3.5 km (maybe ion some maps, by bus is it more like 6)
Tranby house 1.3 km (Tranby house is across the river, there is no ferry near Burswood lodge! by road it is about 10 km)
Burswood Lodge itself: VERY basic, old converted units near very busy Great eastern Highway

Dishonest and wrong

Booked a room in my local currency and 2 weeks before the trip they decided to change the currency rate to USD. This changed the price dramatically. Something I never agreed to! If you book in AUD you should be charged in AUD! Won’t be booking again.

Booking Type Accomodation

Not professional very bad service

Use Agoda all the time...not anymore..,,,!!! Book the hotel for late check in turn up to the hotel at 11pm reception told me they are fully book say I have to call Agoda to get my refund call a few time ..talk to a few Agoda staff all say same thing...will give me call back shortly ....can’t book me other hotel or refund my money. Never receive any call ..end up.

Booking Type Accomodation

Don’t trust the price you are told at the time of booking!

Booked our accommodation through Agoda 10 months ago and at the time was given the cost in both AUD and FJD. Paid in full yesterday and was charged in excess of 200 AUD more than quoted. When I queried the reason they tell me it is based on the USD exchange rates though I had never been quoted USD or told this. Just got to hope they don’t cancel the booking on me now having read the other reviews.

Booking Type Accomodation

Beware this is a crap site.

Warning: I booked my holiday hotel threw agoda put the dates in what I wanted, then pressed the pay button.Automactically changed the dates on me. Non refudable site.Lost aud $2,330.They dont want to know about it.Dont use them.Keep away from this site.

Booking Type Accomodation

Did not receive any of our Velocity Points from our bookings

Made a number of bookings during our honeymoon&provided our velocity# as part of their partner points program. 3months later, after several attempts to resolve this&we still haven’t received it. Asked to speak to a real human being and we just get the same automated response. False advertising! Misleading! Terrible customer service! Will never book again!!!

DO NOT BOOK FROM AGODA

If I could rate them a 0 star I would. Cancelled my booking family of 2 Adults and 4 kids with notification a day before travel. We had booked flights hotel transfers for everything to be up in the air and find last minute accomodation which had tripled in price by this stage.

BEWARE!!! Don't ruin your holidays booking with AGODA

BEWARE! False Advertising.. Think your getting a good deal and book a special with agoda be aware they can cancel it at anytime.! Made payment in FULL for accommodation, received confirmation email, monies taken from my account. Contacted the hotel - booking confirmed transfers organised only to have AGODA cancel my booking due to an supposed error on their website. No replies to feedback left on their site.. Customer service is non existant! BEWARE!

Booking Type Accomodation

Wth... left with no place to sleep

Booked on the 22 of February an accomodation for 6ppl for WA long weekend 2-4 March 2019 in Margaret River.
Got the email of the booking confirmation and got Debit card charged for.
Upon arrival at the property it seemed a bit strange that no one was there for us. I’ve called the number in the booking confirmation email just to find out that the property had been sold and that Agoda was very well aware of it since the 25th of February but didn’t notify us or changed our booking.
I’ve managed to get trough customer service and “all” that could do was to relocate me in a 5 ppl accomodation (we were 6) in Margaret River. Of course it wasn’t ok. So they offered me full refund and I refused because we had 4 hours driving and no other accomodation were available at this point so they offered me another relocation at 130km from Margaret in the middle of no were. We refused.
Their other option was to get us to pay 1500$ for another accomodation 100km from Margaret and they will have refund us( who would have beloved it after what was going on).
So at the end we had to sleep in cars and split up at friends place and Agoda didn’t get in touch with us to find out what happened.
I’ll definitely take them to court. Avoid this company at all cost.

Booking Type Accomodation

Terrible experience never book again

Misleading information led to my booking being cancelled with full charge on the arrival day. Our family were left on the street on a cold night helplessly and had to look for another accommodation with double of the cost! Terrible customer service, never get back to you. Never get back the refund as promised even recorded on phone, the excuse was the money had been collected by the air bnb company not Agoda! Tried to get in touch with the air bnb company myself, many excuses to avoid refund. No one is taking responsibility. Avoid Agoda. Avoid Agoda Homes. No money back, ruined my holiday. Don’t be the next one!

BEWARE!!!, this Terrible Booking company

Just happened to me recently. I have booked the Singapore hotel a week ago using my Debit card. After the booking, I got the email confirmation that the booking has been successfully and completed. I got the Hotel reference number as well as Agoda booking number and statement about Cancellation and Change Policy: Any cancellation received within 33 days prior to arrival date will incur the full period charge. Failure to arrive at your hotel will be treated as a No-Show and no refund will be given (Hotel policy).

But a week later, Agoda cancelled my booking because the hotel price is going up than the price I booked.
This cancelation is unacceptable and unprofessionalism of this company.

So, Please avoid this company.

Booking Type Accomodation

Use to be good, now is terrible. Can't use AgodaCASH where you want.

Can't use Agoda CASH where you want. extremely difficult to get to talk to someone, and you need a booking ID.. Staff don't listen to the problems at all. Not impressed anymore

Misguided

They told you on the site private room but put you in a mix don of 6. Then by trying to resolve by asking for more than double of your cost to get to your initial agreement. Sure that’s a great business for them! First time and never again.

Booking Type Accomodation

If I could give 0 stars I would - Never, ever use AGODA!!

If I could give 0 stars, I would. I booked with Agoda through an AMEX 10% off deal for a trip to Queenstown New Zealand. Agoda charged me $700 over what they agreed to on the booking and I have since called their 24/7 customer support centre and tried selecting every single option. Each option tells you to manage the change through the app and hangs up on you. They are unreachable. I now have to challenge this fraudulent activity through AMEX.

Booking Type Accomodation

Do Not Use Agoda Beware! You Will Be Out Of Pocket!

We had a hotel booked since July 2018 for our stay in Melbourne 10 February 2019. We had been liaising with the hotel that entire time until we de decided to make certain all details of our trip were good when we logged into our Agoda login and saw a big fat red cancelled, one day out from arriving. We called the hotel and they had no idea why it was cancelled, called Agoda and after waiting for hours, missed their call. There is a message that advises you to call back but you can’t because it requires a booking reference which was not valid because they cancelled us!!! Anyway to cut a very long, arduous, totally frustrating hours and hours long conversation by phone story short, they offered $347aud as a gesture of goodwill (we had to fork out an extra $1213aud) to rebook. Put simply, they suggested our credit card declined (enough funds in there to cover hotel bill) and say they sent us a secure link to update it no phone call, or email to the one’s we provided mind you, and the they just cancelled. I am not letting this go and I urge anyone in the same boat to go full force as this is unacceptable, had we not checked their account we wouldn’t have had a bed to sleep in upon arrival. Do not use Agoda it is a very very bad decision saving a couple of hundred dollars and you will be sorry in the end. If -negative 10 stars was available I would rate them that!

Booking Type Accomodation

Very very unhelpful not at all impressed won’t b booking through then again !!!!!!

Very very unhelpful not at all impressed. Didn’t even try to help do anything to make things right not happy won’t book with them again !!!!!! How hard is it to help someone ?

Booking Type Accomodation

Used to be fantastic but over the last 12 to 18 months and now it is the absolute worse.

It is almost impossible to get hold of customer service, they actually make it impossible to speak with someone. If you need to cancel a booking even is the circumstances are beyond your control, it is almost impossible to get a refund, or a reply to your request in the first instance. the few dollars you might save not worth the headache.