Imagine Cruising

• Trip Completed Yes (76) · No (311)
  • Ease of Booking

Lindt69

Lindt69South East Queensland, QLD

Refund - Thank you Imagine Cruising

Dear Imagine Cruising Staff

We would sincerely like to thank each and everyone of you (and I understand this would have been team effort) for all your diligent, hard work in getting all our refunds for our 3 Queens journey - booking no IMA-09214.

We do appreciate how difficult it must have been and continues to be in the travel industry, while you juggle refunds, disgruntled, difficult and grateful customers and stay afloat.

We have been fortunate also in having received an 80% refund from our insurer RACQ, with whom we had Covid cover. As you would be aware travel insurance for the USA component of our trip was very expensive.
My partner John and I feel very blessed.
Kind regards and thank you.
Joan K

Appalling Service and No Refund

Imagine Cruising/Holidays BEWARE!

Imagine cruising is a very very disappointing company. We booked and paid for a cruise months ahead of our travel dates. Due to Covid our cruise was cancelled. Apparently! Imagine Cruising, who booked our cruise and took our money, were not responsible in any way. Please beware before you book any holidays with Imagine Cruising, or their new incarnation in Australia, Imagine holidays. Please read the t & c. You are not covered for anything.

m r

m rwinmalee

refund

i would just like to say imagine cruising have done an excellent job on refunds considering the covid pandemic and minimal staff and keeping us in the loop from when our cruise was cancelled in march to now
i know imagine cruising have had a bad wrap from other customers but also alot has to do with the cruise company them selves whether they would give refunds but imagine have fought tooth and nail to get refunds so i thank you for our refund i know costa didn't want to give refunds only cruise credits but you fought for us

Trish K.

Trish K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Still awaiting a refund

Still waiting on a refund of $9,000 from March 2020. They are blaming Costa Cruises for the delay. Costa advise they have settled with Imagine. They are also unable to comment re refund for flights with Emirates, I don't know why as Emirates own Imagine! Still saying it could be another 4-8 weeks before there is a resolution but who knows what the resolution will be.

Michelle DuncanSydney, NSW

Sounds great ! Beware!

Paid all booking fees before due date.
45 day cruise of a life time , lasted 5 days before curtailment , NO ports of call.
Phd IC day before flying out of Sydney, Yes all go ahead Assured by Staff IC.
Result lost over $20;000 , no credit refund offered. Less than 1/3 of amount paid. Happy to take your hard earned dollars when the proverbial hits the fan , lots of promises that’s it. Pathetic refund, total disgrace, ripoff off, no credits on flights hotels anything . Never Again , highly NOT recommend to any one. My 86 year old mother can not afford to lose this sort of money, her last big trip and a pathetic refund offered. Not Recommended at all.

Mary Simmons

Mary SimmonsFar North Queensland, QLD

Cheryl Matlock

Cheryl MatlockSouthwest, VIC

Extremely Good Service with Imagine-Cruising

Hi rang Imagine on 29 August 2020 and spoke with Lincoln Cappello to ascertain whether I could get an upgrade on the Ghan in 2021 from my Single to a cabin with bathroom facilities as I have bi-lateral osteoarthritis in my hips and did not want to be walking the length of the carriage to access bathroom amenities.
Lincoln rang me back yesterday being 28 Sept and advised a Gold Twin had become available.
I am full of gratitude and respect for this young man who in my opinion has excelled at his job.
Many thanks Cheryl Matlock

Booking TypeTour

No refund Vasco da Gama cruise to England. IMA-06757

Imagine Cruising refuse to refund unused portions such as hotel accommodation, air fares, day trip.
Therefore dishonestly holding monies not entitled to. Must be illegal!
Imagine Cruising always pushy for us to making immediate payments - opposite to their return policy.
Also annoying that responses to our communications just thank us for the patience we don't possess.

Maree T.
Maree T.

JaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Appalling customer service

We were also on the Vasco da Gama Voyage 17. Despite repeated reassurances that we will be be provided with information regarding refunds we have receive no meaningful information. Imagine Cruising’s response to multiple emails and phone calls has left us bitterly disappointed with the lack of information and evasiveness of their answers. After 6 months you would expect that any reputable company would have been able to provide their customers with a detailed response. If I could give them a negative score I would.

Customer Support TeamImagine Cruising

Good morning, I have replied to your comments above via email.
Katelyn

Phill

PhillHunter Region, NSW

Also waiting on refund

We were on the ill fated Vasco de Gama Voyage 17 departing Singapore on 9th March. (Booking number IMA-06212 ) We were promised a full refund by CMV for unused portion of trip. We understand there are issues with CMV, however we have not even received a refund for accommodation in London and flights home, paid to you. We are disappointed that (apart from once) the only time we have heard from you has been when initiated by us. And, the usual response ...it is proving a lengthy process (or something of that nature) and thanks for your patience. Would it be too difficult to issue regular reports to not just us, but also to all our fellow poassengers?

Terrible Experience

Hans

HansNortheast, VIC

No refund for unused travel

Initially very helpful in getting us home after quarantine when no flights were available. Now, we have not had a single dollar in refunds for the
Flights and accomodation we never used. We have been waiting four months.

Booking TypeAccommodation and Flights

Waiting for a refund

My name is Donna Goldsmith. I travelled on the curtailed cruise on the 9th of March 2020, we have not received our promised refund. I understand the travel industry is in a difficult time but I would have thought they would look after exciting customers!!
I am very disappointed with the follow up from imagine cruising. We will not give up on the pursuit of our refund .

YackqueenNortheast, VIC

Wonderfully Wonderful

Yackqueen

Times are tough but some of us on the other side understand and appreciate all you are doing! Like childbirth and the dentist......this too will pass!

Jude B

Jude BHobart, TAS

REFUND RECEIVED

I can't lie, I was seriously worried about losing my $27,000, but now have my refund and travel credits. Our departure date was 31st May 2020. Although I initiated most of the communication with the Customer Support team, I received detailed replies with most of my questions answered. It has been a long wait, but I do understand how hard this team is working to get people their refunds. Very difficult times. Those still waiting, it's tough, but be patient, you will receive your money back.

Maria T

Maria TPeel, WA

Worried about money returned after cancellation

We had a cruise booked for the Baltics , which end by the of the virus, but the people of Imagine did all to help us to keep informed of all, special thanks to Katelyn and her great team for all the help we received during this trying time...
Cheers big thanks will book with you again .
Cheers Marie and Ray Tatlow

Michelle

MichellePerth, WA

Amazing Service

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cruise Café/Imagine Cruising and all their wonderful staff for their support through these trying times.
We had booked a cruise for April leaving from New York and disembarking in Rome. We had paid for our holiday but due to Covid decided this wasnt the cruise for us. We have now received our refund for which we are most grateful.
In light of all the negative media stories we are hearing regarding travel and cruise companies I just want other people to know how professional and amazing Cruise Cafe/Imagine Cruising have been.
I can assure you that once we hopefully get back to some sort of normality we will be booking a holiday through your company.

JEAN PARKER

JEAN PARKERPerth, WA

Waiting for refund

Jean Parker/Geoff Parker
Booked a cruise and package holiday for 70th birthday costing $24,950 , leaving in May.
Been asking for refund for months but no action. Only had one phone call in April offering travel voucher .
All communication has been initiated from us.

Masa

MasaSydney, NSW

Same here, no refund for Northern Light Cruise

My planning departure day is 30/Sep/2020.
Same story. They said Cruise in Norway is not cancelled and therefore they were only offering the trip next year or credit.
I don't want risk my life with cruise so trip next year is not an option. Credit, well airline credit maybe useful but cruise credit, hell no.
I will wait till Imagine Cruising has to cancel the trip and demand the refund.
If they don't, I will ask QLD Consumer Affairs advice, it it doesn't work then I'll have to use Lawyer. Let's see.

Cherylasked

Hi, as our travel departure date is 13/5/2020, we still have not received any communication from Imagine Cruising and we are starting to feel a little unsettled and anxious, we can appreciate that you’re very busy getting existing travellers home safely, but a short note keeping us informed would give us a feeling of maybe wanting to travel with you in the future.. we’d like to know if our options (once the logistics team finally is in touch with us), gives us the opportunity to take a refund and not be forced to take‘cruise credits’ , there’s 6 travellers in our group so you can appreciate there’s a considerable amount of money tied up with your company

Martin Purcell
Martin Purcell

Dear Cheryl,
We were on the Vasco Da Gama where the Cruise was cancelled 6 days after departure. We were returned to Perth. CMV has promised a full refund to be paid through Imagine Cruising. Our experience with Imagine Cruising prior to the cruise was one where we had to chase them for information. However, when we did they always got back to us. Nevertheless, from the cruise, through our quarantine in Perth and finally, our flight back to NSW Imagine Cruising kept us up to date and worked very hard to support our repatriation. We were very impressed with this. I would advise that you keep contacting them to ensure that your cruise is, indeed, happening.

Cheryl

Hi Martin, our flights from Brisbane have been cancelled and NCL have suspended all cruises until July, so I’m fairly sure we’re not going anywhere, my issue is we’ll be forced to take cruise credits and not given the option for a full refund

Good afternoon Cheryl.
Thank you for your question. I must apologise we have hundreds of affected holidays. so I can look into your specific holiday further can you pleas send me an email to customersupport@imaginecruising.com.au ATTN Katelyn, I will provide you with as much information as I can!
Katelyn - Customer Support Supervisor

Julesasked

I lodged a review for ImagineCruising today as they were great but I’m having difficulty with Optus webmail part can you help so I can lodge my review

Shemmi
Shemmi

I have Telstra network hence I don’t have any issues,maybe speak to your Optus provider.

Julesasked

I wrote a review for ImagineCruising my Optus webmail not responding can you help me lodge same??

Customer Support TeamImagine Cruising

Good afternoon Jules, thank you for your question. I am unsure what the error is however I am ore tan happy to try to assist. Are you able to send me an email to customersupport@imaginecruising.com.au ATTN Katelyn.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, much appreciated.
Katelyn - Customer Support Supervisor

Jules

Hi Katelyn , problem solved and my comment now able to be viewed on product review

Customer Support TeamImagine Cruising

Thank you for persisting Jules. Have a great day!

Get an answer from our members and Imagine Cruising representatives