Imagine Cruising

• Trip Completed Yes (45) · No (290)
  • Ease of Booking
J. Arnull

J. ArnullSydney, NSW

The Ghan, a trip of a lifetime.

I booked a trip that included Darwin and the Ghan to Adelaide. No additional fees were incurred. Fantastic experience. The trips I took in Darwin, Lichfield Park and the Jumping Crocodiles, were great. My only suggestion is perhaps Imagine could tell clients to take closed in walking shoes and swimming clothes. I managed in my Birkenstocks but missed out in a swim at the falls. Imagine made the booking experience very pleasant and as I had to adjust my trip at the end because of the Coronaviris scare this was as simple as a phone call.

Rogers

RogersPerth, WA

Keeping me informed

Jenniwren

JenniwrenPerth, WA

Imagine Cruising Staff

We have been very impressed with the staff at Imagine Cruising. It first started with Leyla as she helped book us on the amazing Silversea Silver Spirit cruise end of February, she was always there at the end of the line and when she wasn't able to be she had supportive staff. When our cruise became a cruise to nowhere due to ports closing down , Ed on the ship was wonderful and supported us in any way he could. Once we got back on Australian soil Becky has been our back up, Always professional with a great friendly touch. A resounding thank you for all the excellent staff at Imagine cruising who are doing it so tough.. Our thoughts are with you.

Smooth process of refund

We were surprised how professional everyone at the imagine team were in resolving this unfortunate situation. Thanks to all and we hope we can travel with you guy's again sooner rather than later as we have enjoyed our previous travels with imagine. Kind Regards Peter and Robyn Baker

Pleasure!!

Costa Mediterranea

It would be interesting to know how many travelers are not happy with the response and refunds/ credits offered for the costa Mediterranea through cruise cafe/imagine cruising, Mauritius to Venice. Vanessa has been replying to my emails but looking at the responses she is giving I now realise the responses are generic in there content.

The holiday from HELL.

All we got from Imagine cruising and Costa was lie after lie. They knew days before we left home that the cruise was cancelled ( It had no where to go ) Yet right up until we embarked the ship they told us we were still going. Now they are offering vouchers not cash. I did not pay with a voucher so why would I except a voucher. Besides I never want to see a Costa ship again.

Keith and Michele

Keith and MicheleThe Mallee, VIC

Fantastic experience despite the world going crazy around us

Hi Keith and Michele!
Thank you so much for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and hope you have a safe flight home! It was a pleasure assisting you both throughout the holiday.
- Shannen

Very impressed

We cannot speak highly enough of the efforts made by Imagine Cruising to get us back home after the unfortunate cancellation of our cruise. The Sydney staff were just amazing under very trying circumstances for them all in these uncertain times.

Vanessa A.Imagine Cruising

Non existent support and communication

Booked cruise on the Costa Mediterranea for Mauritius to Venice. We cancelled just before boarding after 3 days in Mauritius due to advice re covid 19 etc. E-mailed them twice for help but no response. In the end booked our own flights home. Received 2 replies to my email a week later at home! No refund referring us to Costa for a credit at the most. (Worth half the cost of the trip) not happy at all.

Keag

I have been in touch with Katelyn but haven't had a reply to my last email. We would like a full refund which is what you people offered in a general to all passengers on 14th Mar check. Our ref is HPL03916
Ken and Agnes

Christine F

Christine FGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Deferment of April 2020 Italian Lakes tour

Getting information & action about the scheduled April 2020 tour of the Italian Lakes was a bit ‘rocky ‘ at the start, but I found once I made contact by email, staff were quick to respond and a satisfactory resolution has now been reached to defer this to 2021. Cameron & Katelyn were both v. professional. I did not incur any additional or unexpected fees.

Our Great Escape from Denmark

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

Excellent Support in Troubled Times

Our Italian Lakes and Adriatic Cruise are impacted by COVID-19. Thankfully Katelyn from Imagine Rail Journeys and the Cruise Cafe reached out to us early and kept us informed of developments. Her calming communications were amazing. Cameron came onto the scene later to offer a genuine alternative for two keen travelers. Now Danielle is following through with meaningful plans for a trip in the future. COVID-19 may have disrupted our plans, but these wonderful people have minimized that impact greatly. To everyone at Imagine Rail Journeys and the Cruise Cafe - thank you.

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour
Kevin M.
Kevin M.

You ARE amazing. Stay safe!

Dealing with a cancelation - INdia Land Tour - by Vanessa

Vanessa understood our issue - many people and travel agents don't actually get what you are saying and then understand what you would like as an outcome - Vanessa does - very refreshing - have spoken to her a few times on a few issues - found her very helpful.

WENDY

WENDYTanunda

Booked a cruise with confidence!

We booked a local cruise from Perth back to our hometown of Adelaide in 2021 - the team have been very helpful to date and we are looking forward to our trip, take that COVID-19!

Alan

Alan

Worst customer service ever

Terrible customer service by this company.Would never deal with them again.Had to ring 4 times and wait in que for 49-60 minutes for negative response.12hours before cruise they rang and offered to give a credit of 70% if we cancelled.Never again will I deal with Cruise Cafe or Imagine Cruising.Rip OFF’s

Vanessa

We booked - paid for Italian Holiday Oct 2020.
C -Virus = havoc in international travel - Vanessa reassured change to 2021 is OK.
Good communication is a Hallmark of quality Travel Service - Thankyou.

Vanessa A.Imagine Cruising

Very efficient and always completed the task/query to my complete satisfaction.

Our tour of India was cancelled mid trip and we were rerouted home. The airport rep at Delhi airport was very cool when the bookings made for our group had not been confirmed. That error was made by the Indian office and could have been avoided.

Colleen D.

Colleen D.Perth, WA

Good service under the circumstances.

In this terrible time of uncertainty Imagine Cruising have been as quick as they could be I'm sure in answering my concerns.
Still lots of worries ahead re refunds etc, but I am confident that it will work out reasonably well.

BondiBill

BondiBillSydney, NSW

Travel to Perth

All good
Looking forward to the journey and Perth yes and visiting family after tour. Booking efficient and responses to enquires ok. Would have liked to be rebooked flight home as not part of 8 days as we are staying an extra 6 days with family and unaware of any discount.

Cancelled Costa Mediterranea Cruise

On cancellation of our Cruise on Coast Mediterranea I sent a mail to your Customer Service Team as required. Regrettably my mail server was not downloading the Teams responses in Mauritius. I rang the Emergency number and the officers I dealt with were very helpful and professional. very commendable in sorting out my problem. in a very stressful time. Thank you

Bazasked

We are booked for a South African tour and then ship back to Fremantle in January 2021. We have paid a substantial deposit which Imagine keep reminding us is non refundable. At the moment they want to book air fares ( 31/3/2020 ) for the January departure on the 14th Jan, 2021 but we are hesitating because it is a long time ahead and The Covid-19 situation is not at all clear. Of course if the airfares are booked they want a further deposit paid ( locking us further in ). On asking for assurances that should they not be able to fulfill our holiday that they will refund our payments or give us a full credit towards another trip they say they cannot give any assurances as it will have to be considered at the time. We don't think this is really fair especially as they are pushing us to decide on flights and pay more money without knowing where we will stand. Should either of us fall sick as a result of covid-19 and have to cancel we would undoubtably lose our money as our Travel Insurance - in common with most Travel Company's do not cover you for a Pandemic.
We would like to leave the booking of flights for another couple of months to see how the Covid-19 pamdemic is resolving before locking /maybe throwing more money away. However Imagine is putting the pressure on us to book now to lock in their cost.
We would like to know if there are any other people in the same position and how they feel or anyone else that would care to comment or advise us. We are in our mid 70's so health is a big concern.
I would also like Vanessa A. of Imagine Cruising to comment or contact us ASAP.
Our Booking Ref no is HPL-07206.
Barry and Nancy.

Sandra A.

HI Baz. Theses are worrying times. We had booked a trip from Mauritius to Venice which we were assured would go ahead up until the day it was due to sail. We were in Mauritius and had to then negotiate with cruise cafe to get flights changed. Which they did do. During that process I felt that we were expected to be grateful as consultants quoted that cruise cafe were doing changes for us as a sign of good faith, despite us asking either telephoning or emails should we proceed with the holiday and each time being told it was still going ahead. I am now trying to salvage some credits or refunds. I have to say Vanessa has been very helpful even if I’ve been a bit frustrated with the whole process All I can say from my experience is that I would be very cautious booking through cruise cafe again. I can’t advise what you should do. All I know is we paid upwards of 14k plus and I’m not sure how much of it we will see. We had booked additional nights in Mauritius and changed flight plans which trying to retrieve is becoming a nightmare. Also if I had had asked for a better breakdown of costs before paying a deposit I doubt I would of booked. As in hindsight I don’t think it was such a bargain. Our group did not realise that we had to fly from Perth to Dubai then back to Mauritius. Another thing that is not said when booking as we were told that would told later. I don’t believe that as Emirates own imagine cruising apparently so we were always going to be sent that way. A poor decision on our part and such a long flight. The so called four star hotel in Mauritius was a joke. More like a 3 Star. So another lie. Emirates changed our flight to come home via Air Mauritius which was good as we would of had a 20 plus stop over. Again. Cruise cafe made us feel we should be grateful as CC said they had paid although it was Emirates changed the flight knowing that they were closing flights so had to get us home. So this has been my experience. Hope you can make a decision that suits you. Again Vanessa is helpful but can only tell you what she knows. In the end it’s your choice. Good luck. Sandra.

Baz

Sandra Thank you for your reply. Are we talking about the same company though ? You refer to Cruise Cafe wheras our agent is Imagine. Are they the same company ? You do however refer to Vanessa so surely there can't be another Vanessa with Cruise Cafe also ? You make mention that Imagine Cruising is owned by Emirates hence the main reason you are booked through Dubai which means for our trip to SA it takes 24 hours to get there. Not good and we are very unhappy about that but it seems if you go ahead that is really the only choice.
Is it normal or only with Imagine that they can not / will not give you any assurance about what will happen if they cannot fulfill there side of the deal or is that them just being missleading ?
Cheers Baz

Vanessa A.Imagine Cruising

Dear Baz/Sandra, I am happy to address your concerns directly as there seems to be a lot of misinformation going on and Sandra, I am already assisting you. The main thing is to let us respond, let us support you and not to create any unnecessary fear or incorrect communication. Every booking is respected and dealt with on an individual basis due and due to the privacy act we comply with as a business and we also respect our passengers privacy and do not discuss other passengers bookings with people that they do not know. And to confirm, yes there is one Vanessa, that is me and I look after emails for our companies, Imagine Rail Journeys, Imagine Motorsport, Imagine Cruising New Zealand and The Cruise Caf. (sorry this site is not letting me correct that spelling). They operate under the umbrella of Imagine Cruising. We are assisting all our passengers through this very difficult time and have been working tirelessly. Negative comments are feedback, as is all our positive 5 star reviews which come from very happy passengers. Thank you I will be in touch.
Kind regards
Vanessa - Senior Customer Support Executive
IMAGINE CRUISING

Keagasked

The glowing review by happy traveller regarding their refund is confusing. How is it everyone i know who just the cruise cancelled is saying the opposite. I hope is a real review. Hopefully we are all getting our refund very soon. Can you verify this is a genuine review.

Sandra A.

Who got a refund would be nice to know? 70% offered. I’d be surprised. If it’s true then the bar has been set as a minimum. We are still waiting. I’m sure most of us are. Happy to discuss as a group. I am one of the unhappy ones.

Happy Traveler

We were supposed to be in Singapore and Vietnam at the moment. Everything has stopped due to covid19
Imagine offered refund before we even asked. We thought we'd done our doe. They couldn't have been more helpful in offering different options as well as refund which is the option we took. Hope this clears up any confusion

Sandra A.

We were to travel on the costa Mediterranea from Mauritius to Venice. All that was offered is a small percentage of the cruise only. The advertised price of the whole trip was not broken down enough to know exactly what the cruise component cost. Lesson learned. The air fare to Mauritius from Perth and the 3 day stay in a supposedly 4 Star in hotel in Mauritius was, in hind site excessive. Wish I’d asked for more of a breakdown. Cruise cafe were not that forthcoming with information about cruise cancellations so we had no choice but to go. The whole thing was a disaster.

Tess T

Tess Tasked

We are leaving on 14/3/2020 to fly to Oslo via Singapore and London, We are then travelling to Bergan to sail on MS Nordlys for the Northern Lights Cruise for 11 days. Have tried to ring constantly but havent ever got through. I do need to know what PRECAUTIONARY procedures are IN PLACE concerning the Coronavirus. Australian government is advising against cruising. What are the alternatives for us. . Are we able to make alternative booking arrangements? Would like to speak to someone. My Reference booking number is IMA-06232 .MY NAME IS TESS TRACY

Get an answer from our members and Imagine Cruising representatives