ahm Car Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (6)
  • 2-4 weeks (2)
  • 1-2 months (4)
  • 3+ months (10)
Claim ApprovedYes (23) · No (0)
Competitive cover options
Efficient claims process
Good customer support

ahm Car Insurance138 reviews
Denise
Denise2 posts

Reinsured again

Value for money easy to setup staff courteous, knowledgeable and friendly Show details ·  1
Lynette Kirkwood

Pay by the month option Show details ·  1
Danny
Danny3 posts
  Comprehensive

AHM, a great company to deal with

I'm very happy with AHM overall, initially I got a very good deal from them, it's a pity it went up so much in the second year. They are easy to talk to and you don't have to wait for excessive amounts of time if you ring them. Show details ·  1
juhjuh
juhjuhVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC8 posts

Can’t fault AHM, happy customer

I have been a very happy customer with AHM car insurance. Having claims processed was a breeze and I was treated like a person. My claims specialist was very communicative and kept in the loop always. Hence as renewing my policy for another year. Show details ·  1
Lyn R.
Lyn R.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Comprehensive

Best offer on my car insurance

I have only started my policy with ahm, so not really able to comment to much. No claims have been made, have not required road side assist as yet. I have only been with ahm for a few days. Show details ·  1
Leonora Chan
Leonora ChanNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
  Comprehensive

"Death" & "Taxes" & Insurance"

I have been driving now (safely) for 70+ years and have been blessed with only a few minor mishaps on the road by NO fault on my part so thanks for all insurance that covered the expenses involved. Show details ·  2
Karen Loong
Karen LoongNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
  Comprehensive

Great value for money based on my driving style

Saved 50% off with ahm comp insurance compared to my last company based on my mileage usage. So good Show details ·  1
Jason B
Jason BSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts
  Comprehensive

Best priced insurance by a length

Extremely happy with the quote and happy to change on the spot, taking advantage of combining with my health insurance. Love AHM Show details ·  1
James
JamesNSWMurrumbidgee Region, NSW2 posts

Good product

Good coverage and fair price,much cheaper than opposition for same cover Show details ·  1
Nance
Nance4 posts

Good choice

Can't really comment on this policy performance as yet, having only joined several days ago, but seems good value as compared with others. Show details ·  1
BMOHAN
BMOHANVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Comprehensive

Cheapest and comprehensive...one shop center

Cheapest, helpful and courteous staff, comprehensive and one shop center. Show details ·  1
Ronda
Ronda
  Comprehensive

Package that suits my needs

Sensible add ons eg Kanga and windscreen replacement.... Essential for country residents. Show details ·  1
Ola
OlaVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts
  Comprehensive

Worst car insurance company ever

Policy is a good value, but not worth the headache, when you have go through claim process. I decided to go with AHM because I have my health insurance and pet insurance through them and I was quite happy so I thought I will give the car insurance a go and it’s a big NO from me after lodging the claim.
I have lodged the claim on the 23rd of November… my car is not getting fixed until Feb 13th.
I find communication from them beyond poor. I am definitely not a happy customer and will be taking my business elsewhere. Show details
Mac
MacNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Ridiculously overpriced

Premium 50% more than current company renewal.What a waste of time and effort . Show details
Brodie
BrodieNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
  Comprehensive

Great price!! Even better customer service

Really competitive price, with the Pay-As-You-Drive (PAYD) option perfect with us given low yearly KMs driven. Impressed by the knowledge and support provided by customer service team. Show details ·  1

Ivor A. · Car Insurance

Does the road sise assistance remain in place after the first year comprehensive cover?

Pete T
Pete T

Thanks for your question Ivor. I did not take this option as I have road service assistance. Therefore unable to answer your question.

Ivor A.

thank you for your reply. I will get back to you if I am going to take out the insurance with you
Norma Amore

Melissa · Car Insurance

Whats the go with this AHM car insurance, I just want to get a quote and its asking me to (signin) to retrieve a quote, however I have not been able to even get a quote in the first place, and do I have to have AHM health insurance cover to even get a car insurance quote ?

Hi There
I no longer need a quote. Thank you for getting back to me.

Booff
Booff · Car Insurance

Hi, I need to find a list of approved repairers in South Australia. Thanks

ahm   DM

Hi there, Is this for an active claim?
We would be happy to assist you further if you require, please call 1300 518 049 or email us at carandhome@ahm.com.au - kind regards,

About ahm Car Insurance

ahm Car Insurance offers different cover options for whether you’re driving thousands of kilometres, or barely driving at all. They offer third party property cover and comprehensive cover.

Some features of their insurance includes:

• Instant cover, letting you set up a policy in minutes.
  • Flexible excess to suit different budgets.
  • 24/7 emergency help, to give you peace of mind.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that ahm Car Insurance offered competitive prices for their cover options, and they particularly liked how you could tailor your cover to suit your specific needs.
  • They also noted that the claims process was efficient.
  • According to reviews, ahm Car Insurance had great customer service.
Compare all ahm Car Insurance listings
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Life, Pet and TravelCar, Health, Home and Contents, Life, Pet and TravelCar, Health, Home and Contents, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverReduced Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Included up to $70 per day for up to 14 days

Emergency Transport & AccommodationEmergency travel and accommodation - up to $500Emergency travel and accommodation - up to $500Emergency travel and accommodation - up to $500
Towing Costs Included at a reasonable costsIncluded at a reasonable costsIncluded at a reasonable costs
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to $70 per day for up to 14 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptional
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $70 per day for up to 14 days

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1000Included up to $1000Included up to $1000
Transit Cover Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1000.
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500.
New-for-old Car Replacement

New for old car replacement 24 months. '-'the claim for theft or damage to your car is payable; and '-'it’s a total loss within the first 24 months of the starting date of its original registration; and '-'you are the first registered owner of the car or the car was a dealer demonstrator model when you bought it.

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500. This benefit only covers loss or damage to personal items which are designed to be worn or carried, such as clothing, a handbag or sports-bag, that are in your car at the time of an eventIncluded up to $500. This benefit only covers loss or damage to personal items which are designed to be worn or carried, such as clothing, a handbag or sports-bag, that are in your car at the time of an eventIncluded up to $500. This benefit only covers loss or damage to personal items which are designed to be worn or carried, such as clothing, a handbag or sports-bag, that are in your car at the time of an event
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3000

SunClosed
  • ABN: 47080890259

Extra Information

Seniors Car Insurance
AWN Insurance (Australian Warranty Network)
Presidian Group