Airbnb

Airbnb

• Trip Completed Yes (124) · No (192)
  • Ease of Booking

Don Santos
Don SantosSydney, NSW

Ripped off. Cancelled due to Covid restriction and only refunded $300 out of $900 I paid.

We have booking this weekend for a bday
Celebration but due to Covid restriction we’re unable to travel. The owner was so inconsiderate and Airbnb has no protection for guests

Aline
AlineSydney, NSW

No refund for Covid travel restrictions

The state travel restrictions imposed yesterday meant we could not go to Queensland anymore and Airbnb policy does not protect the guest. The cancelling policy does not take into account COVID travel restrictions and since the government announcement was very close to our booking it means you can only be refunded the cleaning fee out (only $30 for us for a booking of around $700). As a very loyal AirBnB customer, I am so disappointed of this lack of common sense in how the pandemic and travel restrictions in Australia are handled. I always believed the Airbnb experience was better than hotels but now I am reconsidering even ever booking on Airbnb.

imax
imaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

uncontactable thieves.

Ease of Booking
Trip CompletedYes

rales
ralesSydney, NSW

Hopeless Covid restricts travel interstate Airbnb takes 50%

Covid restrictions implemented today will not let me travel to Melbourne this Sunday. The penthouse from the TV show from The Block on High St Armadale will only return 50% of the booking less cleaning fee and less first nights accommodation.
We are in extenuating situation therefore require extenuating resolutions.

R. Chang
R. ChangWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Very difficult to deal with if there is something wrong

I paid $350 deposit, the host had contacted Airbnb to release the deposit after I checked out, but Airbnb takes its time to refund the deposit, tried to contact them, only get those auto-replies which never answer the questions.

Matt J.
Matt J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgraceful company

Booked before the lockdown in Melbourne. was forced to cancel - the booking was for 700 and the property owner was nice enough to refund their portion which was 290 however money hungry air bnb decided to keep $410 for themselves for a booking cancelation fee. Never again booking with these grubs.

Ponny
PonnyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Got stiffed due to lockdown. Out nearly $3k.

Booked an AirBNB but had to cancel because of the Melbourne lockdown. AirBNB says that's too bad and their refund policy stands. Won't be booking with AirBNB again if I can help it. At the very least, I'll never book with again unless the host has a reasonably refund policy.

Paul
PaulAustralian Capital Territory

Same properties cheaper on other sites and evasive security practices

They asked for a selfie when I booked a property. I laughed, how rude and evasive of them to be asking. They said they'd reserve the property for me for 12 hours while waiting for my selfie.

I booked the property elsewhere during the same period. AirBNB hadn't reserved it for me as I shouldn't have been able to book it elsewhere. What's more, by booking elsewhere I saved $70 a night on the property. AirBNB are a ripoff and have evasive "security" requirements.

Emily and Kelly
Emily and KellySydney, NSW

Money Hungry Grubs

Grace and John
Grace and JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Airbnb: platform for money greedy landlords. Delete the app now!! >:$

Kelvin
KelvinSydney, NSW

really poor support from Airbnb

I had problems with my Melbourne booking due to the Covid lockdown and Airbnb team members offered me no support saying the matter was between me and the landlord. I was a long term user of Airbnb and will never use them again Airbnb showed a complete we don't want to know attitude but are still happy to take their fee

Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor cancelation policy

Booked an accommodation for my birthday on 28/5. Victoria haven’t had any outbreak for the last 86 days and suddenly we went into lock down because we had cases. Messaged my host and nil reply since the announcement on 27/5 with nil reply.
I contacted Airbnb and refused a refund under any circumstances unless i suffered from COVID-19 and providing proof.
I do not recommend anyone to book through airbnb until this pandemic is over or you will not get refund.
I suggest you book through a hotel as they abide with Australian rules and regulations. Further more, Airbnb staff are from overseas and to be honest, they won’t understand what we go through.
Below is an image that Airbnb sent to me.

AVOID AIRBNB MAY 2021

Helen E.
Helen E.Gippsland, VIC

Inconsiderate Host

Due to covid we could not go to the home HI Hill in Ferny Creek and the host Floy would not refund a cent of our money or transfer the dates

Maria
MariaSydney, NSW

AVOID Airbnb

We booked to go to Victoria 3 weeks ago and had to cancel due to travel restrictions, out of our control. Paid Airbnb $197.90 refunded $82.83. Other accommodation booked through other companies 100% refund no issues. Be very aware of Airbnb before making a booking while this pandemic is on, they will rip you off if you need to cancel.

JeanC123
JeanC123asked

A lot of Airbnb's have serious safety issues. Deadly floors, power overloads, unflued gas heaters and exposure to deadly fumes (Europe), dangerous yards, being extorted for parking fees, premises not secure to name a few. Airbnb properties are under the radar for Council health and safety regulations, unlike permanent rentals. What can be done about this?

Sona
Sona

I think we must take our complaints through Council everytime. I want to raise this issue with government authorities as well to being it to their notice how these agencies are violating government obligations and making no efforts to change their policies under such extenuating circumstances. Any leads?

Victoria
Victoriaasked

Why Does this company not reply to any reviews? I certainly will be taking my issue to small claims after reading the reviews

Dianne D.
Dianne D.

They remove negative reviews together with host responses. Totally unethical!

Razzle
Razzle

They certainly do remove adverse reviews. Happened to us in Mandurah WA. Absolutely disgusting and unethical as you say.

Redrose
Redroseasked

For your service fee is it $278 per reservation or for a group of 10 people?

M Andrews
M Andrews

The service fee was $593..... That is what they kept when I cancelled 6 months in advance!!! Strict cancellation apparently...
So annoyed....