albumworks

albumworks

Misleading customer service

I liked the design options and the software, but after tracking my order daily (I was eager to get my product in time for a significant birthday) and using the customer service chat, I was told conflicting information (that it would be dispatched on a particular day - it wasn't; that I would receive it in time for my deadline; I am unlikely to) and was not impressed with how the person on the other end dealt with my concern about this. They were defensive and dismissive.
Despite being assured I would make the deadline of when I needed the book by, I am unlikely to now. I won't be using again or recommending them.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - it's much appreciated. We're sorry to hear that you received conflicting information around the delivery of your order. In order for us to investigate what information you have received, we encourage you to reach out to our Customer Service team with your order number and details. You can email us at service@albumworks.com.au - we hope your order still arrives in a timely fashion and that you are satisfied with the quality of your product once it arrives. Thanks.

Great customer service. Very satisfied with the quality of the product.

Software was easy to use. Albumworks went above and beyond when they contacted me with advice regarding a few of the pages. The book was better for it. Shipment was quick. I feel like this small Melbourne business really cares about their customers and wants to establish themselves as a big contender. I hope they continue to grow. I'll definitely use them again.

Excellent quality and easy to do

I wanted a good photo quality photobook of our travels and tested Albumworks.
The image quality on the higher quality 250gsm photo paper is excellent and the overall product is well put together.
I had a small issue of the website not accepting my card for payment and a quick call to customer service cleared this up quickly.
From what I can tell, It's an Australian company and the printing is done in Malaysia.
Delivery was fast and traceable.
They have been a pleasure to deal with and I am now working on my next Albumworks photobook project.

Software is a nightmare

Having made several photo books with Jessops in the UK and also one with albumworks Australia, I can firmly state that the software albumworks use is far too inferior. I like to have pages filled 100% with a large number of pictures, because hey, these photo books aren't cheap and I have a tonne of photos. If you want pictures touching each other, you have to spend ages manually doing this. If you want more than say 3 pictures with a 1cm gap between all of them, you have to spend ages doing this on the software. In the end I gave up on my albumworks photo album and made a photo calendar instead. The guidelines on where the "hole punch" would go were not clear. I knew the side borders needed some lee-way space but this was not made apparent for the top border where the hole punches went.

Great quality, speedy processing and delivery

First time Albumworks user after trying many other suppliers. Both of my books were printed beautifully, with fabulous colour reproduction and sharp images. The books are very well bound (one of my books had over 100 pages) and paper quality is superb. Production and delivery time was incredibly fast (within a week), especially for xmas time. Books arrived securely packaged. The software I found to be relatively easy and far less "clunky" than others. I compile numerous books each year and will only be using Albumworks from now on.

Excellent quality and service

This is the second year that I have used this company to make a calendar, and the third time I have dealt with the company. The printing is now done in Malaysia, not sure whether that is a change from last year. The quality of the printing is unchanged, and is still excellent. Last time I found the software to be a bit difficult, not so this time. I now use Windows rather than Mac, which might explain the difference. There is online help available.
What is most impressive is the speed of printing and delivery. We ordered the calendar on a Thursday and it arrived before 8 on Monday morning, Christmas Eve. It was printed and sent to the courier on Friday. DHL couriers are excellent, tracking all the way.
Very highly recommended company.

Beautiful Wedding Album

I can't praise your company enough. The album you did for me was amazing. Firstly I got sent a sample of the paper as I was unsure. You then picked up a couple of my mistakes which I corrected before print. From then on I got notification of where the album was up to. Even into the delivery right up to the day it was delivered. I will definitely be using Album works again and recommend your company to my friends. Thank you.

No longer functional

Having previously completed five photo books in the old format, I recent tried the new format and found it not to be user friendly with reduced options for formating pages. After four attempts at trying to create a new photo book I have given up in disgust and I will use another service provider.

Hi Tony, Thanks for leaving us a review. We welcome all of our customer’s feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you had difficulty with your latest experience with albumworks. We have recently introduced an online editing experience which is different from the previous download Editor that you may be used to. It’s completely up to you which format you choose to use - if you have previously made Photo Books in our downloadable software Editor, we suggest sticking with this as it hasn’t changed in it’s format for a long time! If you ever need some assistance along the way you can always call our friendly customer service team, or use the Live Chat function on our website. Thanks Tony. -albumworks.

Darkish photos

First time user of albumworks after using several other services. I found the photos to be too dark. I won’t be using the service again.

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your prints appear darker than they should be. We'd love to investigate this for you and work towards a solution. You can email us at service@albumworks.com.au with your order details and we can help you out. Thanks again. -albumworks.Thank you Albumworks. After some discussions with the people at Albumworks I was able to get a reprint free of charge. Much nicer result. Once again thanks. Regards Peter Clark

happy with my result

I was sceptical after reading the reviews But I just got my book today and it turned out really good. I’m really happy with the result. None of the photos were out of place all the photos came out clear. Thank you

Worst Photo Book Ever!

I created 2 books with Albumworks, first and last time that I use them. The images do not look sharp and bright as they do when I took them. Some were taken on a beautiful sunny day and in the album book they look dark, almost like it was sunset time and it definitely wasn't. Some of these were taken at lunch time. The images no longer look sharp and bright. I am so disappointed to say the least. I tried contacting them but they did not respond. I will re-do them at K-Mart. No longer trust online photo sites now.

Hi Sam, we are so sorry to hear of your disappointment and would like to work with you towards a satisfactory solution. Whenever our customers are not 100% happy with their products we do everything we can to rectify this. It is highly uncommon that we did not respond to you - please feel free to phone us on 1300 553 448, email us at service@albumworks.com.au, or use our Live Chat feature on our website. We look forward to hearing from you. -albumworks.

2nd time disappointment

My 1st album, our wedding album was stunning so I decided to use Album Works again and to date am really disappointed.

We did a holiday album and were notified that it had to be reprinted as it didn’t pass quality control. This didn’t both me as I was impressed of their commitment to deliver a quality product.
We received our book, over a dozen pages were stuck together and when we separated them the pages ripped.
To AlbumWorks credit after we emailed some pictures they emailed us and reprinted and delivered our second book.
Again, at least 4 pages were stuck together but the damage wasn’t as much and I actually felt guilty about contacting them again so I left it.
Come Easter and we being out our Album to show our family! Approx 60 pages in the pages started to just pop out every time your turned a page! Some were hanging on by a thread and others literally just fell out.
I then emailed with approx 7 photos expressing my disappointment. I received an apology and a notification today that our new album is on its way!
I almost dread opening the box to see what we will be receiving this time.... really disappointing to say that least. For a company that prides itself on quality control and quality assurance, I now have two $320 books that are well below the quality I would expect!

Hi Mel, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent order with albumworks. I'm very sorry that your experience with your albums has caused you to feel disappointed by our product. On the very rare occasions such as yours, your album had two separate quality issues which is understandably something I too would feel disappointed with. These types of occurrences are taken seriously and as a result, we look for areas where we can improve these processes. Once your new album arrives please be sure to give me direct feedback at kim.wisbey@pictureworks.com.au as I would love to hear the final result. I will contact you personally to discuss this matter further via my personal email. I look forward to ensuring you are always delighted with your finished albums as this will be a once off that will not occur again. Once again I sincerely apologise for the issues you have occurred with albumworks thus far. Kind regards, Kim, albumworks customer service manager

Best Photo Book Ever!

I was sceptical about the quality of the pages and the whole process itself at first. I took some amazing photos with a high quality camera and was not 100% certain that the resolution would be right.
I was wrong.
The colours are vibrant, the pictures are exactly like that on my camera and to see them blown up on a two page spread was amazing!
I got this as a first year wedding anniversary for my wife, I know she will love it and so will everyone else that looks at it.
I will definitely create another book with Albumworks!

Hi Tim, Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled to hear you were pleased with the quality of your new Photo Book. We work hard to deliver the best quality of printing in both our SD and HD books. Congrats on your wedding anniversary and enjoy sharing your book with friends and family! -albumworks.

Excellent as always

This is our 5 book, (but 1st one I have actually done myself), my wife is the expert.

As we have come to expect the support & service are excellent.

I had 2 technical issues but with help of them I was able to resolve with a simple telephone call.

The book is even better than I had thought.

They are not the cheapest on the market, but as they say "You get what you pay for" and it is well worth spending the little extra.

Mark T

Hi Mark, thanks very much for leaving a review. We're thrilled to hear the final product exceeded your expectations! We hope you love sharing it with friends and family - enjoy! -albumworks.

Good product, good service

I have made seven books using Albumworks and I have been very satisfied with the finished product. I used Microsoft for the first 5 and had no problem but now I have Apple Mac and had problems downloading and uploading but the support team were very helpful - thanks Micah, Clyde and Naomi. The Albumworks system is very user friendly and the delivery time exceptionally fast.
Janice Pearson

Hi Janice, thanks for your review. We're happy to hear our customer service team were able to lend some assistance when you needed it. We're always here to help no matter how big or small the problem! We hope you love your new book! -albumworks.

Perfection!

This was the first time we had used albumworks and we couldn’t be happier! We have just received the most beautiful photo book of our wedding! The colours were perfect and the photos looked absolutely brilliant in the book! It was so easy to put together and we received our album within a week! We can’t wait to show it off to friends and family and will definitely be recommending albumworks to everyone!

Hi Jax, thanks very much for your review. It's always great news to hear when our customers are more than happy with their products. Enjoy your wedding album! -albumworks.

Excellent Customer Service

This was the first time I used Albumworks and I couldn't have been more impressed with their customer service. I made an error when submitting the file and I received very prompt emails alerting me to this and then when I phoned to ask a question, I was surprised to actually be able to speak to the person, Micah, who was working on my Album. He helped find a workable solution and also made sure that the order was processed quickly as the album was required within a few days.
Just received the album today and it looks wonderful. My only suggestion would be that the range of page backgrounds was increased/improved to include a better range of plainish but not totally plain options.

Hi Lindsey, thanks for your review. We appreciate it! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with us and that we were able to help when you needed it - we're always a phone call away! -albumworks.

Exceeded all expectations!

First time with albumworks, spent hours on creating three special albums, I've received them in record time and each one exceeded all expectations, utterly delighted when I unwrapped them. Thank you Micah for the tips and patience when I called for support. Going with the hard covers and printing in HD proved brilliant. I would recommend this reliable Aussie company without hesitation, I will be back for more.

Hi Varcha, thanks very much for leaving your review - it's highly valued. Good to hear our Customer Service team were able to help you out when you needed it. We're always here to help so never hesitate to get in touch - we're just a phone call away. We hope you love your new Photo Book! -albumworks.

A quality product with excellent customer support

I have been using albumworks for years now having produced a number of photobooks and calendars. I have always found the quality of the product to be excellent and customer service second to none. I recently had a query and a minor problem which was solved in a very friendly and professional manner by Naomi. Thanks for your assistance. Naomi subsequently contacted me with a follow-up call and that's something that doesn't happen much these days. Keep up the good work. I already recommend albumworks to my family and friends.

Hi Bruce, thanks very much for leaving us a review. We appreciate it. We're so glad to hear you had a great experience with albumworks, we will pass your feedback on to Naomi. All the best with future projects! -albumworks.

I rang several times and received great advice and help every time. Special thanks to Naomi for getting me across the line. Product good quality, delivered on time and makes a wonderful personalised gift. Bought great joy to my friend on a special birthday.