ALDI Expressi Machine

Cube (2015-2021), Wave (2015-2020), Potenza (2013), etc...

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner
ALDI Expressi Machine In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Hans.V

Hans.VSydney, NSW

Great little coffee machine

I was looking for a machine that was fast and easy to use. I'm happy I tried this one out, so far it has not given me any problems and it is easy to clean.

Purchased in January 2021 at Catch for $90.00.

lee

lee sydney

Absolutely. Fantastic

Out of this world for coffee and pods quality. The coffee is hot, pods are inexpensive and top quality. Saved a fortune staying at home. We were looking at machines 4 times the price. Best decision we ever made to buy this machine instead. Aldi have hundreds of Pod packs for sale and we don't have to pay a fortune for coffee and wait for online delivery ( we had to wait for stock with a previous brand for a long time once)

Purchased in December 2020.

Will FishSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great coffee made easy

Always promised myself a coffee machine. Friends recommended the Aldi brand, and after using it for 7 years, could not fault it. Easy to use, great coffee, heaps of different pod options, and makes a great affagato (coffee over vanilla icecream). Love it!!

Purchased in June 2013 for $89.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how ALDI Expressi Machine compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

KevanPerth, WA

5 Star value and performance

We have had our Aldi machine for 5+ years and it has given us faultless performance at an incredible price. The coffee pods are of excellent value and the taste /strength range is perfect. We cane make 4 cups of good strength coffee in the time it takes friend to make 1 cup using there $1000 machine. The milk frother at $25.00 is also exceptional, although we have had 2 in the same time frame as the 1st one's heater failed after 3 years. NO complaints and full credit and praise.

Purchased in January 2015 at Aldi Wanneroo for $125.00.

Highly recommended.

Kerrie Scott

Kerrie ScottGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Faulty rubbish

Have had 2 aldi expressi machines in a week and will be seeking my money back tomorrow. The 1st one made 1 cup successfully before dribbling 5ml in the cup and 50ml in the pod waste container. Replacement machine made 3 cups before failing. My previous pod machine from aldi lasted 10 years . Forget the 2 year warranty, you’ll be lucky to make 2weeks.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for $79.99.

Jane Smith

Jane SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as the original

After having the original Aldi coffee machine for around 10 years l thought l would purchase the latest Aldi model. What could be any different with its sleek design similar to the nespresso?
Firstly the water container is way smaller which needs to be filled after 2 coffees. The slot where you place the pod often gets jammed and doesn't fall down easily unless released when still hot. The container for the used pods leaks.
I find it is ok if you clean as you go but l think they should have stayed with original design as it was a great machine.
It is also very noisy which isn't a real problem but wonder if the motor isn't strong enough to last.
Wish l had spent a little more and got a nespresso.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for $79.95.

Hendo

HendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wouldn’t buy another.

Purchased in December 2019.

Henrylocalguide

HenrylocalguideGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great value and well price

Fantastic, honestly I think its better than the nespresso coffees and also significantly cheaper. Looks great and compact in size. Aldi coffee pods tastes great also. Machine only cost $75 in store.

Purchased in September 2019.

misha1956

misha1956Sydney, NSW

Great little machine - nice tasting pods - easy cleaning

Love my new ALDI Titanium pod machine - easy to clean, easy to water fill, easy to operate, nice choice of pods - so far only tried Reggio pods, Milano 10 pods, Chai Latte pods - they all tasted great, not bitter at all.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI for $79.00.

Didedi

DidediSydney

Good machine - although only one brand of biodegradable / compostable pods

I'm fairly sure ours is the current cube style machine.
It is compact and easy to clean and use.
I have been using an alternative supermarket's pods as I find the coffee at Aldi is a bit naf.
I have finally found a biodegradable pod that I will trial from an online shop.

Purchased in January 2020.

Kevin Franklin

Kevin Franklin

Very good value, simple to use

The machine is simple to use. It makes very good coffee when a milk frothier is used. The coffee quality is always high and the temperature of the coffee is just right. We experimented with the different coffees available from Aldi until we found the best one for us. Overall this coffee machine is very good value.

Purchased in March 2012 at ALDI for $79.00.

TRJ

TRJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Such a great machine!

I am on my second machine after 5 years with the first. Pairs perfectly with the frother and you get perfect latte's. Temperature has improved with the new model as well. I know some coffee snobs that have tried the coffee and are surprised at the quality.

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI.

CLARA

CLARASydney, NSW

Wonderful!

Love this coffee maker. This was a gift my husband but I use it all the time as well. Also have the milk frother so I have a latte and my husband a espresso.

Purchased in March 2017 for $90.00.

EzzieB

EzzieBSydney

Great machine and Aldi service

I bought the machine and loved it. It died within a year. Aldi replaced it with no issues and 5 years later I’m still using the replacement machine. Cheap, cheerful, quick pod coffee. Excellent value for money. I like pod no. 5 for taste personally. Great coffee machine.

Purchased in October 2015 at ALDI for $89.00.

Damish1988

Damish1988South East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use and amazing tasting coffee

When I first bought this machine my hopes were not high. I thought it was too cheap to be any Good 8 years on we still use it daily, it's never skipped a beat. Super easy to use and clean. It comes out perfectly hot every use. Absolutely amazing. The Aldi coffee pods are great to use also.

Purchased in September 2013 at ALDI for $80.00.

Sara

SaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

Bought this machine after seeing Irish Cream coffee pods in Aldi. disappointed it hasn't lived up to my two previous machines (not Aldi) never had a hot cup of coffee yet and seems to go from slightly warm to warm and even on the full cup setting it's not enough to fill a mug and then you have yo take the bottom out, cleaning is a nightmare. I haven't found any of Aldi's coffee I like, all taste terrible so after they discontinued white hot choc, caramel and irish creme I haven't used my machine so will go back to a Nespresso

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI for $89.99.

Doug

DougPortland

Amazing for the price

Amazing for the price
it keeps turning off too soon
Difficult to manage
Coffee quality very good
Coffee quality excellent but not enough
for a normal cup
Temperature of coffee inconstant
Could have thought out the cleaning aspect better

Purchased at Aldi.

Kristy

KristyPerth, WA

Perfect little machine for a busy new mum.

Sleek, attractive, fast heating, great range of pods for a fantastic price and exceptional value for money! Only negatives are the water compartment is tiny so needs regular refilling, you have to run a clean water funtion each use which is time consuming, and the unit is long sonot great for shallow bench top. All in all, very happy formy basic needsas a new mum!

Purchased in December 2019 at Ellenbrook for $79.99.

Carol Huffer

Carol HufferMorwell

Great little machine

Bought this as a stop gap when our expensive machine broke, boy what a great little machine for the price. We use it at home and also because of its compact size it’s been all around Australia in our caravan. Easy to clean and use. Only problem is I can’t always get the Chai Latte pods which are my favourite. Our friends are always happy to get a cup of coffee and we have different strengths as well as decaff pods always on hand.

Purchased in March 2017 at ALDI.

Lenchik

LenchikBrisbane

Amazing affordable and delicious

We had one for year previously and only got rid of it to buy an manual one, but went back to aldi. Also had one and my husbands and my work place (separate) getting very heavy use and still excellent condition after several years.

Purchased in January 2013 for $150.00.