ALDI Expressi Machine

ALDI Expressi Machine

2019 Edition, 2011 Edition, 2013 Edition, 2015 Edition, 2016 Edition and 2 more

See the Best Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ALDI Expressi Machine In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

dam good

Excellent value for money. Coffee tastes great, smooth and not bitter at all. Very consistent taste and temperature, just wait a couple of minutes before making the next cup. Easy to clean. are very happy with it. Saves you a lot of money in a long time and coffee is absolutely high quality

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for $79.00.

Design fault?

The new Aldi pods do not function on either of my two Expressi machines, the “ three spikes” do not penetrate the pod, hence no coffees. The older previously purchased pods worked .

Purchased in March 2017 at ALDI for $89.00.

A better upgrade.

Our five (5) year old Aldi coffee maker worked fine but, after a while, on each use, leaked like a sieve. Not knowing of any difference between models, it took me a few months to finally grab the cube model. I can see leakage issues are resolved with the self contained water flush plus used capsule deposit on the cube. Good idea!

The water tank is easier to refill. Instead of removing the water refill container, just add from above. We have to be a little more cautious about emptying the capsules, the flush water and capsules go into the same container. Easy to maintain. Makes a good coffee. Put a sound damper mat under the machine is my only suggestion. One of those poly / rubber mats or a place mat?

The old machine? We couldn't throw it out, it still works (plus H2O leaks)... And the capsules can be recycled. Look it up!

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $79.00.

Taken it back 3 times so far

It makes great coffee however the pods do not fall down and always get stuck on the spokes. they have been great each time I return the machine however I am about to go back tomorrow for the fourth time and get another one as I love the taste of the coffee

Purchased in April 2019 for $79.00.

Coffee in a blink!

I’m loving my new coffee machine, it’s so simple to use my 9 year old does it with ease. Even better when paired up with my new milk frother also from Aldi, both were reasonably priced and produce great hot coffee every time in minutes with very little fuss and a minimum of mess to clean up at the end.

Purchased in July 2019 at Singleton .

Just as good as Nespresso

Our Nespresso died so we grabbed this on a whim thinking it wouldn't last but surprisingly it has.

Great range of pods and new flavours that are also cheaper than Nespresso - bonus.

Great machine!

Purchased in November 2018 at ALDI for $79.00.

Product is used: Daily

Adequate for day to day use

Inexpensive entry level machine perfect for intermittent or light (1-3 cups) daily use.
Build quality and features are what you'd expect for a machine costing $79 at time of purchase.
3 buttons - expresso - lungo - clean/milk; can't get much simpler than that.

I find the quality of the Pods good - I have a couple of favourite flavours. Never had an issue with temperature.

The benefits overall:
Pods are 0.37c each - cheaper than most on the market and come in 16pc packs.
13 different varieties of flavours (including decaf, hot chocolate) + occasional specials.
Not too big - width is good but depth of machine might be a problem for some.

Downsides:
Water container could be: bigger, clear (able to see level) and mounted in sight of the user.
Inconsistent fill heights - not major but sometimes noticeable
Pods mainly available from 1 store.
Pod piercing/loading mechanism - not flimsy, but not great either.
Plastic Pods

Would certainly recommend to friends/family who are occasional drinkers or 1-3 a day usage.

Purchased in September 2018 at ALDI for $79.00.

Love it!

This coffee machine is great value for money. Very easy to use and I like the fact that the coffee is always hot. Very happy with this machine. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI for $89.00.

Not very efficient.

Water keeps spilling out of base - all over the bench. Machine often struggles to brew coffee -nothing coming out. It just makes the odd splash. Have used the cleaning capsule twice- no difference.

Purchased in August 2017 at ALDI for $80.00.

Product is used: Daily

Will do the job but not very durable

Aldi have a terrific customer service policy where you can return items within a reasonable time and have one of the three R's offered without question. In this instance, the Espressi machine comes with a 2 year warranty. My advice is to keep your receipts as you will need them before the 2 years is up. We are up to our 4th machine and counting.

The machine works efficiently for about the first 6-8 months and then begins to play up. No amount of descaling and cleaning (we use all the recommended products) fix the issues. We have returned it quite a few times over the last few years (first machine purchased back in 2013), thankfully no questions asked, but have now packed the machine away to only be used for large family gatherings. We are a family of big coffee drinkers, the machine having to produce up to 10-12 coffees per day and maybe it can't cope with volume over time. I have gone back to using my Bialetti moka the last year and must say the coffee tastes sooooo much better.

My recommendation is purchase it if you have reasonable expectations and and are not a big coffee drinker.

Purchased in May 2017 at Aldi Ashfield NSW.

Best coffee machine

We can’t live without this coffee machine! We love this product. It’s such great value for money. We have had our k-fee expressi machine for 1 year and haven’t had any issues. The Aldi K-fee pods are great tasting, good value for money and come in various strengths. The best feature is that the coffee machine is easy to use, a press of 2 buttons and place the pod into the pod shoot and you’ve got a great tasting cup of coffee. We also bought the matching milk frother which heats the milk to the perfect temperature. We would highly recommend this product to our family and friends! Great tasting barista coffee at a affordable price. Very reliable machine. We purchased the limited addition machine and milk frother in blue.

Purchased in May 2017 at ALDI.

Get what you pay for !

It was o.k but the water didn't get very hot .
And the milk didn't froth like other machines l've used..
It was a gift to me but l would have prefered to put money towards it and upgrade.

Purchased in December 2013.

Product is used: Several times a week

A coffee machine to rival all others

I purchased the Limited Edition Expressi Machine. Machine is easy to use, pods are super cheap with range of flavours and strengths. Coffee is hot and flavorful everytime. Highly recommended

Purchased in December 2017 at ALDI for $69.00.

Great machine, great coffee

I purchased the standard Expressi machine from my local Aldi, allong with the milk frother. I honestly didn't believe that such an inexpensive device could produce great flavoured coffee - however, I was wrong! The coffee pods from Aldi are absolutely delicious and the machine is able to produce a short black with virtually no mess. The only thing I am not sure about is that the used pods go to landfill. If there was a more environmentally friendly option then this machine would be perfect.

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI.

Product is used: Daily

Fantastic coffee from a great machine

We upgraded our basic $79 Aldi coffee machine to the Expressi Geo. It has a more easily accessible tank, holds more water and has 4 coffee sizes (as opposed to the original 3).
The coffee is gorgeous, consistently great with no burnt aftertaste you sometimes find at the local cafe. It’s lovely and hot, and so easy to use we have just taught the 12 year old how to
make coffee.
Thrilled to bits.

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $139.00.

Great Machine

We bought it as soon as it came out because it had a bigger water reservoir than the little boxy one that Aldi was selling. Granted it is bulkier than the square model but only a tiny bit wider than the original which we had first (then we bought the box shaped one for family to use in the guesthouse). I have tried all three models and I like this one the best. It feels beefier and stronger. It is easy to use and the only thing I would change is the cup for catching water that came with the original model. We clean before making coffee, but we do a clean after we make coffee. It seems the machines last longer. It has a stricter descaling regime, it has lights to remind you. I find it helpful. We have been using it for 8 months and love it.

Purchased in December 2018 at ALDI for $129.00.

Great machine overall.

Excellent value for money. Coffee tastes great, smooth and not bitter at all. Very consistent taste and temperature, just wait a couple of minutes before making the next cup. Easy to clean. Occasionally, if you're not careful the pod will drop straight down into bin. Happened about 3 times before we got the hang of and now it's not a problem. We bought this machine to replace the Map Presto we had for 6 years and we are very happy with it.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $79.00.

Great new purchase !

We purchased a new Aldi Expressi capsule machine last week as our old one finally stopped working after many many years. This new machine is much quieter and turns off automatically. So pleased that we made this purchase. The coffee is HOT too which is very important to us. The machines are only $79.99 which is way cheaper than a lot of brands on the market. The capsules are $5.99 for a 16 pack and come in different strengths.

Purchased in July 2019 for $79.99.

surprising quality and cost

After all the great reviews and a couple of friends recommending this machine, I finally bought one.

I frequently drink coffee at cafes although I wouldnt consider myself a coffee connoisseur. But about 1/3 of the coffees I have at cafes I consider bitter, too cold or otherwise not worth my money.

I was very surprised at the consistent quality of the ALDI pods. In my opinion its equal to or better than more than half the commercial coffees I get, if not more. UNlike the other reviewer, I think that a single pod is roughly equivalent in cost to a rounded scoup of coffee granules in a plunger pot and gives better coffee. My friends expensive ($3000 +) coffee machine does produce better coffee, but by the time she has made one cup and cleaned the machine I can have consumed an entire box of ALDI pods.

The coffee range is also quite diverse, and you should be able to find something to your liking.

Overall, for the price of the machine and the cost of a cup of coffee, a very worthwhile purchase. Of course like many reviewers I havent owned any competitor machines, although you dont need to do that to see that most of them are more expensive not only to own but to produce coffee.

Purchased in March 2019 for $79.00.

Product is used: Daily

Cheap machine but the cost of pods is going to bite.

I’m pretty sure Aldi is giving you the machine at cost because they know your going to be pretty much hooked into not only buying the pods but also visiting the store to buy something else....ingenious huh!
The coffee is hot and tastes alright but my wife and I have both experienced headaches from using the pods while regulator Expresso machines coffee is no problem. We bought this for our caravan but the issue we have found is if you run out of pods and there is no Aldi store around your stuffed.
So after 12 months we have retired the Aldi Expressi and bought a Expresso machine for the caravan that uses regular ground coffee. $8 250gram bag of coffee gives you about 30 to 40 coffees where as pods give you 16 cups for $6 with a lot of waste.

Purchased in March 2018 at ALDI.

Product is used: Monthly

Only steam light on Both cup lights do not come on?
Do you mean.... Only steam light on. (full stop) Both cup lights do not come on. (full stop not ? mark) ? ...... All the lights come on mine. To start- 1. have a full tank of water and an empty discarded water / capsule reservoir or container. 2. press what you call a steam light and I know is a clean system button. 3. wait, then choose cup. If no cup lights are on take the machine back.

Are your pods coffee gluten free, if not what is the gluten product. Don't just say it is in the favouring or colours.

my Aldi expressi machine all three lights dont come on. only the rinse light

ALDI Expressi Machine Jan 2015ALDI Expressi Machine Nov 2015Aldi Expressi Machine 2013 EditionALDI Expressi Machine Apr 2016ALDI Expressi Machine Aug 2016ALDI Expressi Machine Nov 2016Aldi Expressi Machine 2011 EditionALDI Expressi Machine May 2017ALDI Expressi Machine Dec 2017ALDI Expressi Machine Mar 2018ALDI Expressi Machine Feb 2018ALDI Expressi Machine Dec 2018 (Geo)ALDI Expressi Machine Mar 2019 (Cube)ALDI Expressi Machine May 2019 (Wave)
CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Pump Pressure19 bar19 bar19 bar
Milk FrotherNoneNoneNone
Auto Shut-offYesYesYes
Adjustable Shot QuantityYesYesYes
Shot FunctionsEspressoEspressoEspresso
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJan 2015Nov 2015Jan 2013Apr 2016Aug 2016Nov 2016Jan 2011May 2017Dec 2017Mar 2018Feb 2018Dec 2018Mar 2019May 2019
Discontinuation dateFeb 2015Dec 2015Dec 2013May 2016Sep 2016Dec 2016Dec 2011Jun 2017Dec 2017Apr 2018Mar 2018Dec 2018Apr 2019May 2019
Replaced byAldi Expressi Machine 2016 EditionAldi Expressi Machine 2016 EditionAldi Expressi Machine 2015 EditionAldi Expressi Machine 2013 Edition

Download manual