ALDI Mobile

ALDI Mobile

Listing monitored by ALDI

Hoppe
HoppeIllawarra, NSW

Can't make or receive calls.

After years of service. On hold at call centre for many minutes. Still waiting. Ready to bail out to a competitor but that is what they probably want. How many more complaints do they need?

2011 dmax
2011 dmaxGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible reception and internet for weeks . What’s going on ?

We have had Terrible reception and internet for weeks . What’s going on ? Can someone tell me what’s happened at Aldi mobile. We haven’t received any information just constant drop outs.

Willy w
Willy wGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was good until just recently

Looks like I’m not the only one that’s leaving your network
Rang the network 2-3 times and still no luck
At first it was the calls dropping out
And now the internet coverage drops out
Only started 4months ago progressively getting worse
Oh well time to leave
was ok the honeymoon now it’s over
Bye lol

Martin
MartinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No reception and uses data extremely quickly

Crap! I switched to Aldi mobile about two weeks ago from Optus as it was going to work out cheaper. I wish I had read the reviews before I made this choice. Network is always on 3g and when I make a call it often doesn’t ring it either goes straight to voicemail or cuts out. Even trying to load a web page can be painful. (I am in metro Melb by the way) The other issue is the data usage. I seem to go through data like crazy compared to Optus. With Optus I was using about 10-15gb per month but with Aldi I have apparently used 26gb in two weeks!? I have no idea how as I rarely use my phone for anything when out of the house. (Occasional look on Facebook, Instagram and emails). I wish I stayed with Optus!

Gia
GiaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

About to change provider

Been happily using Aldi mobile for the past 12 years, even overseas, BUT the reception and internet connection here are shocking by now. Might switch provider, since paying $25 a month for essentially no reception in shops, on the FW, nor in my own garden and that 70% of the time is a waste of money and nerves. Used to be good value, so disappointed by now and honestly upset. It has me stranded frequently, because my maps can’t look up a bloody address. I have 73GB of rollover and I can’t even use it properly, cause some days nothing loads. Not cool!

AGC
AGCSydney, NSW

Rubbish

Crap doesn't begin to describe this service. I bought it for my son and the data runs out even when you're not using it, and even though accepting calls doesn't require data, I can't call him. Cancelling now. Good riddance. Customer service is somewhere overseas, and you can barely understand them and they care even less so I wouldn't bother. Proves the adage, you get what you pay for.

If i could give less than 1 star i would

Horrible service, they are not interested in helping or dont follow through on their end. Stay away its not worth the hassle. My son cant even receive incoming calls and text just ridiculas.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue

Can’t use the data!

Switched over from Optus hoping that a telstra network would be better. I’m located in the middle of the city and the 4G is constantly dropping out. I’ve inadvertently paid bills twice because the 4G has dropped out in the middle of the payment. I cannot load my emails. It’s ridiculous. Do not be fooled.

Gus
Gus

All contact with ALDImobile through consultants with 2nd language English. Mistakes were made.

3 mobile sims. 2 didn’t set up auto recharge when requested , plans ran out. Latest sim didn’t set up plan when requested at all. Arlo go worked for a week then stopped . Rang to enquire about status of sim , no help ,poor communication, I had to drive 300kms to retrieve sim to be told plan hadn’t been set up?

Find out how ALDI Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Auto recharge fails every month

Auto recharge consistently fails every month and all services on my family plan are completely cut off until I manually recharge. Auto recharge is enabled on my account but simply doesn't work.

Perfect except calls sometimes end after a few seconds

I switched from Optus to Aldi ($15/month) as it's cheaper and Telstra has better reception in my area. The data is plentiful and works well. My one problem is that most of the time when I make a call and some of the time when I receive a call the call just ends after a few seconds into the call. It could be the phone but I am sure it happened when I switched or very soon after (about 2 years ago). I recently tried a new SIM but it still happens sometimes.

Dinesh Khenchi
Dinesh KhenchiHunter Region, NSW

Bad network

I have been using Aldi mobile for about 3 year and it was great but for the last 4-5months the network sometime drops out all together or its very slow. I have called customer service few times, I have been asked to use a different head set or change the settings. Nothing has worked and I know half dozen people that using aldi services having the same issue.

Would not recommend it to anyone

GIBBO
GIBBOWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

GETTING CHARGED FOR DATA

I have two pre paid sim card phones with ALDI both set up with data turned off ..ALDI keep charging for data I did not receive ..761 attempts in 6 months they tried to download data and charged me for it and they say its my fault ..LG say the way my phone settings are there is no way I can download data. Aldi have just stuffed about for 6 months and still no better off...

Alex Wilson
Alex WilsonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

All this data but can’t use it properly!!

Using Aldi prepaid here in Ballarat suppose to be Telstra. They give you all this extra data but you can’t use it. Never have good reception! Sometimes won’t even load an email. Not sure if it’s because I’m in Ballarat but have used other company’s and haven’t had a bad connection that bad that it won’t load an email lol. An email is like 1 mb. Wouldn’t recommend anyone living in rural areas.

RAMA
RAMAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Network

I have had Aldi mobile for about a year , for the past 3 months the 4g network sometime drops out all together. I have called customer service about 3 times, I have been asked to use a different head set or change the settings. Nothing has worked and in the family we have about 7 people using Aldi mobile and all of us have this issue with different head sets .
I have had just about enough so I’m changing my service provider .
Would not recommend it to anyone