Aldi Mobile

Aldi Mobile

2.5 from 1,238 reviews

See the Best Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Maria

MariaSydney, NSW

Don't do it.

Just got off the phone again with a Aldimobile cutomer service person. I just recently changed over to Aldimobile, thought it would be better and definitely cheaper....well as they say you get what you pay for....crap.
For the past 2mths I was left unable to use my unlimited calls and text with 10 days left on my plan. Not happy. Aldis response was to trouble shoot my phone, why? I thought it worked fine yesterday and once I recharge its perfect again. I don't appreciate being ripped off as I'm sure no one does. Therefore I will not be recharging and I will be moving on to a more competent company.

Plan Cost per Month: $15.00
Included Data per Month:3 GB

beerzuki

beerzukiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Number not porting, no help from ALDI

Steve

SteveCentral West, NSW

Not the best option for country people.

Don't be fooled by people that say Aldi is as good as Telstra because they use the same network. Check the coverage map carefully. Country areas that get 4G with Telstra or Optus may only get 3G with Aldi. While Aldi correctly say they use the Telstra network, what they don't advertise is that it is a MVNO version (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). The 4G coverage is far more restrictive. For example travelling from Lithgow to Bathurst we always had 4G with Telstra. Now we get 3G with Aldi.

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
scott

scottGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Is flawless

Is a Telstra reseller so it it works as good as that. It's cheap as well $25 a month gives you heaps of data and you can just buy a phone outright. You aren't stuck on a plan so can just leave at any time.

Included Data per Month:10 GB

Prashant

PrashantSouth East Queensland, QLD

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND POOR PERFORMANCE

Auto research function is sucked and it takes few hours to complete in a meant time if you want to use your service then Aldi didcut the money from your PAYG credit and if you don't have enough money in PAYG then they stopped your service until the recharge is completed. Instead of improving the auto-recharge service Aldi charge customer is cove their cost. What bad things.

Impressed with Aldi Mobile

Two months ago I changed 5 services from Telstra to Aldi Mobile and have found no difference in coverage for calls or data. Got twice the data and the plans were half the cost. I was hesitant to take the leap but was surprised by the ease of porting numbers across and the service when I contacted their help desk.

Nardoo

NardooVictoria

Aldi Bad internet service in Toora South Gippsland

Have been trying to use Aldi internet card for over 1 year. The Aldi internet service in Toora South Gippsland is terrible. Lucky to get any service, 4G lacking and downloads <5mbs. Don't bother.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Incompetent and appalling customer service

Unable to make or receive calls after activating the SIM card. Contacted their Help line 3 times, waiting up to 25 mins each occasion. Representatives told me my concern would be passed on to a technician and a reply emailed in 3 business working days. First response was totally irrelevant to the problem. No other responses received. Sought a refund but store manager said he couldn't authorise that, as Medion Australia is responsible for Aldimobile. Sent a written complaint and was informed my mobile isn't compatible with their 3G network - something the technicians should have recognised. Avoid Aldimobile at all costs!

pgonsior

pgonsiorSydney, Australia

Aldi mobile should be renamed

Aldi mobile should be renamed to "waiting for Network". How many times I've had to resort to tethering and felt like a dummy for going with them as the "Be smart, get your prepaid ALDImobile card" constantly fails. Waste of money.

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Included Data per Month:0 GB
Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Cheap but unreliable

Signed up with the family plan; unfortunately all four of us frequently see periods of "no signal" / "no service". The SIM completely disconnects from the network and requires going in to airplane mode and back out again, or a reboot. We were all on various carriers before this without any problems.

davidp

davidpqld, 4509

Family pack works great for us

Went to Aldi mobile 3 years ago, great service easy to setup . We now have the whole family on it and recently went to the Family pack.
Cheaper than all those other over rated telcos.
Could not have been easier to set up online by myself.
Cheap for 4 users and works as described

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Pgb123Melbourne

Beware, staff clueless, sell wrong things, 365 day PAYG lasts 1 day! Poor coverage

Pgb123

After much hassling and time wasting I finally got a refund from Aldi. Also I moved to Boost Mobile, bit cheaper $150/year = $12.50/month but you get 80GB data, so more than double Aldi per month, also with Telstra.

Deceptive advertising.

Their data roll over only applies if you keep the same pack or greater. I went from the $25 pack to the $35 pack for one month and when I went back down I lost all the roll over data.

Kirlo K.

Kirlo K.Perth, WA

I would give minus 5 if I could

No response on customer service. Went to Telstra too and those wanted me it sign. I had complaint about he network issue. Too much to handle. Its.no point. Better even use overseas sims

Included Data per Month:25 GB

BAD SERVICE - Do NOT Join ALDI

Included Data per Month:12 GB
Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

ALDI Mobile will steal your balance if you move away

If you have funds in your account they will keep the money if you port the number - even if you have other numbers they could be moved to within ALDI Mobile.

"section 10.1 Subject to clause 10.4 below, credits cannot be converted into or redeemed as cash and cannot be applied against other services or accounts you have with us."

August 20th 2019 Update: Lousy support

Further to my previous review. Now I had the chance to deal with their support. Their system does not allow you to use your balance on your account. Spoke with support who just doesn't give a damn who simply said they referred it to the relevant department. Not trying to help at all.

J60913

J60913South East Queensland, QLD

Cheap carrier, only uses part of the Telstra Network

I have had Aldi mobile for a number of years, very cheap at $20/month including 5 GB data, however, even though it uses the Telstra network, doesn't use all of it, so service isn't as good as Telstra. We have limited service where we are (fastest growing area of Australia) so I have decided to change to Telstra Prepaid @ $30/month including 10 GB data. Other than that, I have never had any problems or issues with Aldi. Hubby will stay with Aldi because they have a cheap long life plan @ $15 or $30 with 365 day expiry and cheap rates. The $20 plan is no longer available.

Plan Cost per Month: $20.00
Included Data per Month:5 GB

Mel H

Mel HWollongong

Extremely happy with Aldi Mobile.

I have the Aldi mobile XL package and have had so since it was released. I have been very happy with the coverage and love that they continually add data to my value pack with no extra charge. The customer service team have always been very helpful. I have always recommended Aldi Mobile to family and friends.

Included Data per Month:35 GB

Derek

DerekSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to transfer, good coverage and a great price

It was simple to port from my previous carrier, identity check was online and very quick. Their packages are easy to understand and at the right price - just be careful about dropping value (i.e. going from a higher value to a lower value package). Auto recharge is exactly that - Auto. Data rollover is a nice touch along with unlimited national calls and text. ALDI might be a discount retailer but the mobile service and the app are spot on. Using a substantial part of the Telstra network is a nice reassurance.

Plan Cost per Month: $14.00
Included Data per Month:2.5 GB

No coverage

I have been very happy with my Aldi sim until crossing the Nullarbor ..the reason I purchased the sim was because it uses Telstra and we travel a lot, however, no service for two days when Telstra was available at every place along the way, now I have to switch back to Telstra with not as great a deal.

john  reijerse

john reijerseasked

do aldi sim works on opel smart phones

Fair Go

The Telco providing mobile service is irrelevant if your phone accepts a SIM card and the phone is not locked to another network.

Ronald G.

Ronald G.asked

I am 87 years old,disabled housebound rely on my 365 day pay as you go for emergency , worked well for many years now I cannot open my online account get a notice in red (invalid credential or service expired) i know there is money in account and expires november tried to fix by phone but cant get any sense by aldi?

Fair Go

Go to the Aldi Mobile website, click on help, send them an email for assistance.

Meg B

Meg Basked

what is counted as characters in text messages to make up 160 characters, my text messages are being charged at a rate of two and three messages. I would like to know so that I can manage my messages more carefully.Thank you Meg

Fair Go

Anything your keyboard can produce including spaces between words. If you are on a monthly plan, it makes no difference as SMS's are unlimited. If you use the PAYG $15 or $30, seriously consider changing as PAYG is really for people whom have a mobile in the drawer or glove box for occasional use. bye

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers