Aldi Mobile

Aldi Mobile

2.5 from 1,328 reviews

• Plan Type
    • Pre-Paid Sim Only (161)
    • Post-Paid Sim Only (12)
    • Post-Paid with Phone (5)
  • Local Reception
brad c.

brad c.Sydney, NSW

Does not use 4G for calls only data!

I have a coverage issue , in amongst the lengthy email received from aldi was this gem ...

Directly from aldi
“Can you confirm if you are trying to call normally or if you are trying to call over 4G or WiFi as these are not currently available with ALDIMobile”

I tried to see if it was obvious on their website , nope it does not plainly state that aldi does not use 4G for calls ... it says it uses 4G ( which by deduction could only be data)

I think this is what would be called deception by omission.

Christopher F.

Christopher F.New South Wales

Great Value

Steve

SteveGoulburn Valley, VIC

Great,value for money

We have 6 aldi mobile prepaid between our family the latest one I activated 5 days ago online without any problems.
I don't understand how so many reviews on here people saying that activating is difficult,it's easy and straight forward as long as you fill out your correct details that are required.
I can't comment on the customer service in the call centre as IV never had to ring them.
IV never had a problem my auto recharge works well so does my data roll over .
For $25 a month 18g data and international calls how good is that

Natalie

NatalieSydney, NSW

Cant make or receive calls

Transferred to Aldi Mobile 8 days ago - still can't make or receive calls - just told it is a network outage and they can't tell me when it will be fixed.

Included Data per Month18 GB

Aldi mobile: perhaps the worst provider AND customer service ever!

Donald

DonaldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Auto recharge needs to be improved

it would appear that Aldimobile auto recharge will happen sometime during the last day of the current service. However, it could be that your current plan is disconnected prior to the auto recharge being activated. In which case you will be charged at the pay as you go rates from your available credit. If you don't have any credit then your service won't work. Aldimobile acknowledges this in their FAQ and says that they are justified in using this credit. They may think so, you may think so, but I think it is unjustified and as it is in Aldi's interest to operate this way. It spoils an otherwise good product.

Burwood

BurwoodSydney, NSW

stay away

Online recharge not working all the time. its very hard to recharge. stay away from this company and get optus or Vodafone and easy to use. thank you for reading

Included Data per Month15 GB

DannySydney, NSW

They might be cheap but they have NO call Centre

Plan Cost per Month$80.00
Included Data per Month72 GB
Honestme

HonestmeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Really unhelpful

Aldi have the dubious honour of being the most unhelpful mobile company I've ever dealt with. I spent a week trying to activate my SIM, they wouldn't tell me what the problem with the port was, they just kept sending emails saying you need to activate your sim, I sent them every bit of ID and paperwork they asked for, just nothing. The call center hung up on me 3 times. I would never, ever want to be with Aldi again

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Included Data per Month0 GB

Stu

StuPerth, WA

Good coverage, terrible automatic recharge

Aldi is good until you come to the end of the month. There is a lag between being charged for a new month and being able to use your phone. They have a bizarre PAYG system to cover this lag which lasts about 5 minutes. Very annoying and inconvenient.

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month35 GB
camo

camoPerth, WA

Aldi mobile disappointing

Boris YasminskyNear You

Absolutely the best mobile phone co.

I didn't realise we have so many brain-dead incompetent tech users in Australia until I read the self-confessions right here. Aldimobile has excellent call and data deals and is on the Telstra 4G network. Great reception, great APP and its so easy to create an account, register and activate the SIM online. Absolutely highly recommended !.

ALDI Mobile Customer Service not helpful

Kari

KariSydney

Good network but renewals are lousy

I find it has good coverage and all that, but their notifications about plan renewals are a bit lousy. I'd expect some kind of notification in advance than the day its due.

Helen00

Helen00BRISBANE

Very Happy with my Aldi Mobile sim /data $25

I am happy with the mobile sim and data on my Aldi $25 package.
The change over with my own number was so quick and easy.
I used to be with Optus on a plan, including phone, but when the contract was finished i found Aldi had a great value sim/data, so moved across. The only thing i miss, is that Optus had a really great feature so that you could donate your unused data before it expired to young Australians who could benifit.

JC51

JC51Sydney, NSW

One of the best services I subscribe to.

Been with Aldi mobile for 2 years now. Great value. Never had ANY issues because I learnt how to use a smartphone FIRST n read all the info.
Light user who accumulated 25gb r'over data. Currently in hospital and that r'over data is now in play. A godsend. I have 6 friends & relatives on the same Aldi plan as I. The only one who ever complained, initially, is technically challenged, won't take the time to learn and will therefore forever be dependent n stressed out.

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Included Data per Month3 GB
Arslan Raza

Arslan RazaSydney, NSW

Useless

It use to be good in the start 3 months ago. But since last month it has just gotten down hill. It’s practically useless during my whole commute to work.

NoEncore10

NoEncore10Sydney, NSW

Aldi mobile is a great deal if you choose the plan that suits you

I have 3 Aldi mobile plans. One for each of the pre teen grandkids who can talk and text all day, every day for only $99 a year each(the special pack occasionally on sale at Aldi). Sure, there is not much data included but they don't need data as cannot use at school and have wifi at home. I too have Aldi and have no problem with the service. Everything is online, easy.

Plan Cost per Month$8.25
Included Data per Month1 GB
Tia V.

Tia V.

Choose a better service

The data prices might be tempting but don’t be fooled. You’ll always have1 bar all throughout the day and if you’re lucky at night it goes up to 2 bars

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month35 GB
Iris

IrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I cant use my sim card

After sometime I leave sim card out of phone and put back in My phone could not detect it. Customer service didnt help me change a new sim. Not very helpful.

Plan Cost per Month$12.50

Samantha M.

Samantha M.asked

Why does Aldi Balance & Recharge, an My Account, persist in asking me to recharge after I have already done so? They even acknowledge this via fact email. And none of their 'help' questions cover this. It is most frustrating. As I am very deaf I cannot ring them either.

Fired Up

Get a friend to ring while you are present

Leonie D.

Leonie D.asked

Why is my aldi payg running out so quickly yet the first $5 lasted 12 months. I have a bolt on $25 L plan

Fired Up

Since they don’t reply in this review site why expect the public to know?

Boris Yasminskyasked

Need I say more ?. Another bunch of Reviewers that have a sub-100 IQ and write consecutive one star reviews have landed on the Aldimobile page. They should be banned from Product Review. If you don't realise by now that Aldimobile is an online Telco and cant state factual information, get some help !.

Danny

Boris, I am not sure what you connection is with Aldi mobile, maybe German?

Its Very clear even for the Not so bright. There is No after sales service! If your are having issues with your service you are up the creek without the paddle, like I am.

I would also say Boris, my "experience" is worth far more then your "opinion". Do you understand what this website is about? Boris you need to get back onto twitter with the rest of the twit_ters, where you can all share your opinions!

Boris Yasminsky

Danny or should I say "Dan the man - with 20 one star reviews". Obviously you're not a very capable person and I bet you cant hang a picture on a wall or simply read the terms and conditions by a provider.
Its plain to see you have no positive outlook on life, everything is a failure to you and as I said before, you need help.
FYI - I'm of Russian-Jewish pedigree, so once again, your assumption that I'm connected to Aldi and/or German could not be more WRONG !.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers