Aldi Mobile

Aldi Mobile

2.5 from 1,301 reviews

• Plan Type
    • Pre-Paid Sim Only (135)
    • Post-Paid Sim Only (11)
    • Post-Paid with Phone (5)
  • Local Reception

Adam P

Adam PMurray Region, NSW

Buyer beware - no refunds or credits

Buyer beware - my partner selected the wrong plan to re-charge, then selected the right one within minutes. Simple mistake, Aldi have charged for both plans and will not refund the $25 charged for a plan used for all of 2 minutes. Seems like they are all about the money and customer service comes last.

Dchpk54

Dchpk54AU

They are thieves

Do not deal with these people they take your data that you paid for and refuse to refund it! I had 44gb left before expires they took it all after I recharged and refused to return it to me lawfully. Had to involve telecommunications company! Terrible customer service they are absolutely useless

Steven

StevenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cheap plans - horrible service - hidden extras

Definitely cheaper than Telstra, good for calling NZ, customer service is slow and seems overseas based, English is hard to understand, they do stuff like hang up after waiting for 20 minutes on hold - the Jetstar of Mobile Service.

H S

H SVictoria

Horrible customer service

I spoke to a lady from Aldi, her name is MEY, it is the worst Customer Service I have ever experienced, that is never happened before, she end the phone call suddenly and unexpectedly without resolving the problem. She was very rude.

MikeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ALDI - Best Family Plan Mobile Phone I have ever had

Amy

AmyHunter Region, NSW

Excellent value for money

I get the $299 per year ALDI mobile prepaid and I love it! It is good service (as with Telstra) and you never need to worry about paying your next bill.

Luke G.

Luke G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Phone number not recognised, horrible customer service

My number is not recognised by certain phone systems and apps. When I raised the issue with support they closed the ticket without resolving the problem. Their contact number is impossible to find in the ALDImobile app and their customer service is rude. Coverage has been ok, internet Has dropped in and out.

Included Data per Month:18 GB

Clay

Clay

Disgraceful customer service!

Have not been able to receive calls and sms for 5 days and still not resolved.
After multiple calls to their support centre it will most likely be looked at in a couple of days but not necessarily resolved.
Disgusting!

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
LilianT

LilianTNew South Wales

Not bad at all!

Overall Aldi Mobile has been great for me. Their plans are affordable and their coverage is satisfactory. Sure there have been a few occasions where I can't find reception, however for the price I pay, no real complaints here. However I wouldn't be mad if they did improve their coverage!

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

If only they were at good at telecommunication as they are with groceries.

who has these problems?

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00
Included Data per Month:35 GB

JaneB

JaneBAdelaide

Not really that cheap

I have a prepaid plan for the kids phone. Reception is good, Ive never had a problem. Recharge is a different story. Once I recharged $15 and it didnt work, no credit, although my credit card got charge $15. So retried and got $15 credit on the phone. So lost $15 somehow in cyberspace. Yesterday we got a message to say there was $4.92 credit left and then 40 minutes later another message came through to say credit was $0! My kids hardly use this phone and certainly hadnt used it in between those messages. So there is something wrong with their prepaid charging system. I will recharge again once more and if I have any further problems, I will change providers.

Plan Cost per Month: $15.00

Ben M.

Ben M.

Basic customer service and sometimes slow, but better than Telstra

Frustrated

FrustratedSouthwest, VIC

Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced

Absolutely the worst customer service i have come across. Have been trying for four days to get my number activated. Have had to wait for up to twenty minutes on hold before hanging up in frustration.

Bill R

This is NOT an ALDI problem - it is Telstra

Included Data per Month:0 GB

Shelsa

ShelsaSydney, NSW

Worst mobile service provider I have used

Would have given a 0 star if it was possible. I have been using Aldi mobile for past 5 months. I am not able to get incoming or outgoing calls for the past 2 days. Got resolved for few hours when I gave customer care a call on day one. Same thing happened on second day and they informed that they can get it resolved in 2 business days!!! I am still not able to get incoming or outgoing calls. Missed my telephonic interview. Worst service I have seen ever.

reallypissedoff

reallypissedoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really, really B.A.D. customer service.

Cannot even register or activate - the code they send by text NEVER arrives. If you buy online expect to wait for delivery of sim. Then activate? NOWHERE in the instructions does it say now insert your aldi card. Really, really B.A.D. customer service.

Plan Cost per Month: $12.00
Included Data per Month:0 GB

RAJ M.

RAJ M.Perth, WA

Worth of money

I have used Vodafone last four years spent lots of money and finally moved to ALDI
Worth of money
Excellent customer service
Plenty of data with rollover
Unlimited calls to selected countries
Excellent coverage

Included Data per Month:6 GB

Steve S

Steve SCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Excellent if you live in Metro Australia

Don't really understand why theres so many bad reviews. Yes their reception coverage isn't as good as Telstra, but it uses most of their towers and is just as fast. If you live in a smaller city like Canberra or Wollongong, you still get excellent cover. Out on country roads, your reception isn't as good. As for the data rollover, its amazing, and they always increase it regularly. Ive been with Aldi for 2 years or so, totally worth it, will never sign up to a ridiculously high price plan with Telstra or Optus again!

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00

Kimmy

Kimmyasked

I am on the 12mth mobile plan with aldi and i am wanting to change my mobile number without loosing my data and mobile plan as i still have 250 days left. I was wanting just another aldi mobile number. Can this be done or am i going to loose everything when i get another mobile number?

Mike

I'm pretty sure you lose your data from your existing plan when you port to another Mobile Phone #. Might want to go direct to ALDI.

Fair Go

Log in to your account and raise a job ticket. Request a change of mobile number. Usually a telco will require strong reasons to change numbers, such as harassment, previous number holder calls etc.

Wendyasked

I have a ZTE a110 I can send and receive messages but can not make or receive calls. any help appreciated.

Hi Wendy.
I had a similar problem on a Samsung Galaxy S5. It wasn't the phone. I bought a new SIM for $5 and then ported my Phone Number over to the new SIM and this fixed the problem. Apparently a SIM cards can be 'faulty' and they are difficult to diagnose. I guess I could have made ALDI pay for the $5 new SIM however it would have been a laborious process judging by their Customer Service Reviews. Switching over to ALDI is saving me about $600 a year so I just took the $5 extra cost on the chin and I just wanted a fix for my phone so I could receive calls.

Wendy

It is a new Aldi sim with new number.

Fair Go

Have you activated 3G & 4G in settings and turned off 2G ?.

robert ebels

robert ebelsasked

my I phone 6 says sos only , can I just buy a new aldi sim

Do you have an Aldi Mobile SIM in your phone already

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers