Aldi Mobile

2.5

1,374 reviews
pcaman2003

pcaman2003Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WASTE OF TIME ALTOGETHER.

James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smoooooth

I picked up a Prepaid Starter Pack from a store. I activated online and put all detail on the screen. Done in 10 mins. My number is transferred from Vodafone to Aldi and save $20 per month. I will see what happens but so far so good. 18GB for $25 per 30 days with some free international calls is enough for me.

Worse service

I go for PAYG service, i did not make any call neither use any data but my balance was reduced everyday. Worse customer service. Do not recommend anyone. I decided to change the service.

Janet

JanetVictoria

Not worth any stars

sick of scammersAustralian Capital Territory

Customer Support is useless.

Tried to activate SIM Card and received message saying that activation was suspended. I phoned Customer Support for help and was told that the activation was reset so that I could start again. Then it wouldn't accept password and 4 digit PIN. Ongoing problem so I decided to go with another company.

Some organisations just don't get it

Great customer service should be a priority for businesses. Unfortunately, it's so hard to get that from Aldi mobile which is a shame. Talking to a 'live' representative or 'live chat' makes such a difference to customer satisfaction. When you don't get that, you begin to look elsewhere, which i am doing.

SydneySider

SydneySiderSydney Surrounds, NSW

Frequent dropouts, no reply from customer service

I can rarely maintain a phone call for longer than 5 minutes. I've had 20 minute phone calls where i've had to call the other party 6 or 7 times due to the frequent call dropouts. I submitted a query to aldimobile about it and a week later haven't received a reply. Awful service.

Gaye

GayeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have only one complaint

I have not had any problems with Aldi until lately, perhaps because our recharge of phone is automatic.
People have told me that they have sent me messages, which I have never got and today we were waiting for someone to ring who was going to buy our car and once they got near to us, we were going to give them more instructions on how to get here.. However, although she called twice and sent a text, nothing came through so she went home again, causing us to miss out on a sale.
About 7.30 pm, suddenly about 6 messages came in, all from people who had tried to contact us throughout the day, including the person wanting to buy our car.. I am wondering if other providers have this trouble..

Consumer

ConsumerRichmond-Tweed, NSW

A pleasant surprise from past Telcos.

Good reception in a house where voice calls were unable to be made or received with any clarity. Data rollover is great. Providing at least some security for me is something others have not been able to do. Am quite happy so far with Aldi mobile & hope it stays that way. Good value for money.

NCNZ

NCNZSydney, NSW

Beware of ALDI Mobile, poor recharge system and customer support

Recently I got message to recharge the PAYG, then I click on the link, but the 1st payments showing a error message, so I recharge twice.

After a while, I reverie email indicate two duplicated payments has been made.

I contacted with their customer, they replied me that they are unable to cancel orders once completed.

So ridiculous

Included Data per Month0 GB

Moana M.

Moana M.South East Queensland, QLD

Omg !! Maybe just maybe

Worst customer service ever .. managers will get back to you in two days - no it's Friday so not for 4 days . Fault of there's would not credit $25 even though I told them it was Aldi mistake supervisors all busy . . Will be changing to different provider I've had too many mishaps with them . Disgusting service

Plan Cost per MonthA$35.00
Kiran O.

Kiran O.Sydney, NSW

Poor customer complaints handling and worst service when things don't work.

My mobile network died and when logged a complaint online, they responded for 2 messages with standard troubleshooting tips but then no answer after that. Terrible and disgusting service and they don't have sense of urgency at all. Will not recommend them at all. You get what you pay for I guess.

shar6

shar6Perth, WA

Not great in country areas

Don't buy Aldi mobile if you are crossing the Nullabor, no reception at all for 3 days, poor reception out of country towns in WA, works fine in the city, very disappointed after changing from Optus,

sunny

sunnySidaknee

Couldn't activate SIM without existing mobile Number

I purchased an Aldi Mobile SIM card online. It arrived 9 days later with a letter advising how to activate it online, but no matter what I tried, the process kept asking me to provide a mobile number to 'contact me', which I didn't want to provide, as I don't want any more spam calls on my other number. Customer service said the same thing and refused to activate the SIM manually for me.
Chucked the SIM in the bin and bought an Optus pre-paid SIM instead, which was active 24hrs later with no hassles.

Mr. Fix it

Mr. Fix itVictoria

Absolutely abysmal customer service !

Paige Yap

Paige Yap

Poor customer service

bmorey

bmoreyVic, 3140

No wifi calling. Frequent drop-outs.

I've been using Aldi Mobile for 18 months and have concluded it's no good for me. Aldi Mobile uses the Telstra Wholesale Network, a cut-down version of what Telstra customers get.

I'm in an outer suburb and Aldi doesn't connect to the nearest Telstra tower (or even the next nearest tower). It uses a tower some distance further on, resulting in bad reception and frequent drop-outs. This is made worse because Telstra doesn't allow Aldi Mobile (in common with other Telstra wholesale retailers) to access wifi-calling.

If you're in a built-up metropolitan area Aldi Mobile is probably fine but once you get to the fringes it's sub-standard. Having a tower nearby is no guarantee of good reception.

Plan Cost per MonthA$15.00
Included Data per Month5 GB

Great price but slow customer service

Aktiling worst tiler

Aktiling worst tilerAuburn

Problem transferring number /bad customer support

got problem transferring my number to aldi , they keep blaming my old provider, i join pennytel less then 10min my number has transfer over to them... ALDI got no cusomter service all base over sea, they dont know what to do just read from script, ask to transfer to Australia customer service they can transfer to the activation team, they said they cant do it just email.

i email they say the same thing, i want them to call me to fix it up. outsourcing save money but it loss customers ...

I rather pay extra to speak to someone in Australia then have to deal with hundreds of calls...

Plan Cost per MonthA$20.00
Included Data per Month8 GB

Smooth change over

After years of expensive Vodafone plans decided to have a change .family plan 4 users .number was ported in 10mins .app needs to be revamped but you are better of logging in on line and doing everything that way .great value for money on Telstra network .hoping continues smoothly from here .very happy.

Plan Cost per MonthA$80.00
Included Data per Month72 GB

hpxref

hpxrefasked

Purchased an Aldi mobile Starter pack , went to address given aldimobile.com.au/choose-activate
I get a screen with numbered circles which obviously needs 'pressed' (clicked) to enter the required data
BUT NOTHING HAPPENS, the circle .blinks on and off when clicked...then NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL, even if waiting over 40 minutes for any response. Going down screen I can fill in the fields for the activation code, phone number and phone company. OK , but "next" just restarts with all entries deleted. If I fill in the bottom fields, then scroll to the top to the circled numbers, then click on any of them, same thing, blinks on and off , nothing happens except my previous entries are deleted!!! Have tried with 2 separate PCs on 2 separate modems, , tried Firefox and Opera and many different times to get on line (its 1:45am now) but it simply DOES NOT WORK. Have spent near a week and many hours trying to validate my purchase but it simply DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO DO ANYTHING!!! Have had to recharge my phone from Optusw again and now another extra cost for nothing!! WHATS GOING ON??????!!!

Only Aldi knows

sick of scammers

I had the same problem and even after talking to customer support, I realised that it was more about the $$$$$ than the customer. In the end, I went with a different mobile provider which has better customer service and an easy activation process. Unfortunately, Aldi doesn't meet simple customer expectations.

Mark Lee

Mark Leeasked

We have activated an Aldi mobile sim in a doro 3G phone.
The screen displays invalid sim .
?????
We just put in a$99 1 year super pack.

sick of scammers

I had the same problem. After calling Customer Support multiple times (absolutely useless), I had no choice but to go with another provider!

Why ask the public?

Aaron L.

Aaron L.asked

I have a TKSTAR LK109 i got a aldi sim gsm same band, its activated work fine in the phone but in the tracker it gets gps signal but i cant sms it to turn on tracking Online any suggestions? Tia

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers