Aldi Mobile

Aldi Mobile

2.5 from 1,198 reviews

Excellent value

Moved over from an Optus byo phone $45p/m for 5gb with no rollover to Aldi byo phone $35p/m for 20gb with up to 30gb roll over. Since signing up the data has been increased to 26gb and unlimited rollover. Aldi automatically upgrade all existing customers with new deals which Optus never did in over 6 years. I've never had any issues with reception.

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $35.00
Included Data per Month:26 GB

Very hard to deal with

I truly wish I hadn’t changed to ALDImobile. I’ve had so many problems from the very start. Every time I ring they want a complete security check and several times have refused to speak to me because I couldn’t remember one minor detail. (My dad set up the phone for me) I’ve just recharged again, accidentally press the button twice to recharge, but apparently ALDImobile don’t refund. Ridiculous.

Very Happy

I find it very good the unused data rolls over I have the $25 prepaid and get call to USA free and Telstra network when out of town works very well

Good data..

Pretty slow data even though it uses the Telstra network. It’s unreliable where I live. Data doesn’t roll over and you don’t get the unlimited sms and calls you get with Telstra. It’s all Depending on your needs, mobile data is all I can get where I am. So I’m stuck in limbo. Get less or wait more. I’m looking forward to getting rid of it to be honest.
You can’t use access balance using your phone either. Meaning if you run out of data you can’t, access the app to top up.

Can't beat $99 1 year super pack

On 3 September 2018 I activated a 12 month $99 value pack. Living in a regional area, I've been impressed with the network coverage. Customer service is always polite and helpful.

Plan Cost per Month: $8.25

ALDI stands for NO customer service

Had auto re-charge set on my aldi app and never had a problem. One day had a unusual message from aldi 'you must recharge or loose any roll over data'. Rang customer service to find out about the message and had anything but service. They were NOT very helpful, did not listen to your problem and couldn't careless. All I can say the product is ok if you don't have any problems because aldi will not help you they are only in for the money not you!

Included Data per Month:2.5 GB

Poor international coverage and lack of technical support and misleading information.

Going to Europe , rang Aldi to ensure I would be covered. Advised me to upgrade from $15 plan to $25 plan which I did over the phone. Went overseas, phone did not work, rang Aldi, you must change to a $30PAYG plan. Did that phone worked in Portugal. Went to 2 other countries phone did not work. After countless emails and 40 minutes on phone the Aldi representative could not fix the problem so pretended they could not hear me and hung up. Disgraceful behaviour. More emails then discovered that they did not have a service provider in the area I was in. Could have told me that in the first place rather than saying the problem was with my phone. When I got back I discovered they had charged me concurrently for the $25 Value pack and the $30 PAYG plan for 2 months. When I rang them they told me it was my fault for not disabling the automatic recharge on the $25 plan that they set up over the phone which was done on their advice. Poor support, but disgraceful ethics in charging me for 2 services that I could not use and then refusing to address the issues. Do not use if you are going overseas.

Plan Cost per Month: $25.00

Very happy with mobile plan

My teenage daughter started with Tesltra Pay-as-you-go plan and was using it too fast. I was recommended to give Aldi Mobile a try as they use Telstra Lines. Was extremely happy with 365 day Pay-As-You-Go Plan. Due of usage, I have now changed her to Small Plan. I have now started my other daughter with them and once I am out of contract with Telstra, I will be changing myself. Very happy customer. I have found the App very easy to use as well.

Included Data per Month:2 GB

Unable to transfer my number

I purchased a sim and called to get it activated and transfer my number. I waited a few days, then a week and decided to follow up yesterday. The activation was rejected because the dob didn't match the sim. From what I can see, it's not the first time people had this issue. Strangely, no one bothered to contact me to let me know so after that and looking at the terrible reviews I'm just going to stck to Amaysim and upgrade my plan for more data.

Plan Cost per Month: $40.00

Great in Aus, incomprehensibly slow to roam o/s

I have recommended this to many. Meets my needs perfectly in Australia and well priced reseller of good network coverage. What I didn't realise is that international roaming takes a week to activate. That timeframe is out of synch with modern life, and I didn't pick that up in the onboarding process. I'm stuck and support is unhelpful in repeating their intentions to take the whole week.

More unconscionable conduct!!

Paid within the time frame (1 year expiry) for a $95 data recharge (had a substantial amount of data remaining) as well as a Pay As You Go $15 mobile phone recharge. Phone recharge rolled over without problems, data pack did not. I had read the terms and conditions online and I had also rung Aldi Call Centre twice before the recharges and each time I was told both would roll over. I have rung at least 4 times now as they are unfair with their call backs i.e. only letting my mobile ring 2 or 3 rings before hanging up and then they tell you there was no answer. You are unable to call the appropriate department directly. So on this last call to the call centre, quoting a Case Number, they read to me from "the" department's notes that they will not to assist even though their staff got it wrong. People at the call centre are pleasant and I have been pretty happy with their service prior to this but the outcome of this is unfair.

Plan Cost per Month: $10.00

App never works

ALDI mobile customer service is really bad. Very unhelpful and once you start with ALDI, it's hard to get out! I decided to stop my auto recharge through the website, but they just kept on taking the money out of my bank account anyway. I phoned them and they would not refund me (I had changed to Telstra and now I have to pay for 2 plans at once) and said they had now disabled auto recharge from today. So what was the point of using the app! App also drops out all the time.

Included Data per Month:1.5 GB

Unconscionable conduct

Aldi Mobile customer service is extremely poor. I had my account set for automatic recharge every month. For many months this worked well. Then, on Mother's Day I found I couldn't use my phone. I called Aldi Mobile and was advised that my phone account had not been recharged. I advised that I had always had my account set for automatic recharge. The person in the call centre advised that glitches sometimes occur which cancel the automatic recharge of accounts. I asked her about all the accumulated rollover data I had on my account and she advised that this had all been lost because I did not recharge my account! After insisting on speaking to a supervisor, she advised no one was available but that someone would contact me. Some time later I received an email from Daniel Singleton at Aldi Mobile who advised that my accumulated data could not be reinstated because it was my responsibility to ensure that the account was recharged. I insisted that I cannot be held responsible if their system glitches and prevents my account from auto-recharging. Daniel Singleton again stated this is part of their agreement with users.

My advice to readers is to understand that the Aldi Mobile agreements do not pass the pub test. It is absurd to penalize a customer for a glitch in the supplier's system, even if the agreement makes such glitches the customer's responsibility. This type of conduct by a large telco supplier is precisely why Australian Consumer Law includes clauses prohibiting unconscionable conduct. The unconscionable conduct I have experienced was harsh and oppressive and could happen to anyone. My advice is to steer well clear of Aldi Mobile. I have escalated this matter to the authorities.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Don't fall for the cheap SIM, they will keep any cent they can

I made the mistake of purchasing a cheap SIM ($5) that I thought had a 365 day expiry plan.
When I went to activate the SIM, it seems as though you have to purchase one of a number of extra recharge packages to activate the SIM (apparently this is not the case, but far from clear on the website). So I purchased the cheapest package ($15).
As I already have a phone plan which is still active, and I don't require the new phone for 2 months, I have no use for anything which expires in less than 2 months.
Unfortunately once the SIM activates I find out that my credit expires in 30 days, I contact ALDI mobile at once (5 minutes after paying), am basically told BAD LUCK from two messages which are almost identical (presumably automated response for anyone who contacts e-support for a refund). I then lodge a complaint with Aldi Feedback and are told BAD LUCK for the third time.
I would advise anyone not to use ALDIMobile, and if for some reason you do, pay as little as possible, don't set up any direct debit facility, and try and pay any bills using something like bank transfer so you confirm exactly what is deducted from your accounts. I would really try and only use the initial $5 for the SIM and test out there e-support/customer service before donating any more money to them.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

no international calls or sms

purchased a sim before easter waited over 10 days for porting number called to see what is the problem told id does not match tried again with different id waited nothing again phoned told that my date of birth does not match very funny contacted other provider and they said that my birth date was as I had stated so changed to a new number all went through ok so now I purchased a L value pack so I could call international and SMS overseas as well so what happens now I tried to call and SMS relatives for birthdays but all the SMS,s come back as Failed and the calls did not go through as well I am not a happy customer at this stage

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00

Worst Service Ever

Bought an ALDI SIM in Feb 2019, couldn't activate it (rang up and spent 30min trying to fix it). Didn't work on my old Samsung phone, but worked on the S4 phone. Thinking it is my old phone, so bought a new phone a couple of months later. The new ZTE phone that I bought is unlocked and uses 850 Mhz and tried on the Aldi Sim - still didn't work. Tried it again on the S4 - now doesn't work (even though it previously worked). No calls and no internet can be made or accessed. Spent nearly another hour on the phone to resolve with rep asking me to check flight mode/calls/msgs/internet/location/network access - wasted my time on this when I insisted that it is their faulty sim. They insisted that I provide proof that I tried to make calls/msg/access internet before passing me onto technical team. What a load of rubbish! They have now passed onto technical team who will call me two days later. I told them I'm going to another network and stop wasting my time!

Would give zero stars

customer service refused to help because I wouldn't hand out my friends numbers and they're constantly talking over the top of you as rude as they get people can't hear when you call no it's not my phone don't waste your money on these arrogant di#ks

Plan Cost per Month: $0.00
Included Data per Month:0 GB

Customer service is the worst!

After being with A.M for almost a year, all of a sudden i couldn't make or receive calls. Its been 6 days and many hours later talking to customer service and getting the same text book responses trying to sort their obvious tech issue on their end! Yes excellent value for money without a doubt!, until you need something fixed! The worst and most frustrating experience with a phone provider customer service! They are just reading from a screen and you cant be directed to the tech team direct to sort the issue out without having to answer the questions you've already answered! when you first called to fix the problem! Might be time to switch back to Optus who I was with over 12 years B4 coming to A.M. Great on Price, bad on fixing connecting issues!

Terrible customer service

I was a happy customer when 4 weeks ago the signal around my home dropped from 2-3 bars constantly to zero. Also noticed a lot more areas in my travels around Sydney had the same issue. 7 phones in my home all with this issue so it wasn't our phones. All we got from customer service was a textbook reply and waiting for the carrier to reply which is impossible to believe that Telstra hadn't sorted it out after 4 weeks. Have already started moving each service at the end of the pre paid period left. Its quite obvious that Aldi doesn't buy enough bandwidth from Telstra to cover their customers requirements. Will never use them again.

Included Data per Month:2 GB

FANTASTIC VALUE AND QUALITY FOR MONEY!!!!

I was 2 years with Optus and now over 4 months I Am using Aldi mobile L Pack. It's hard to compare it with any other provider (especially Optus) as the Data volume and free international minutes are just unbeatable. On top of that, they created a very simple and user friendly app for managing your account. From next month they are increasing the Lpackage data from 9GB to 14 GB and that all for just 25$ a month. Noted that a month with this provider last 30 days what i consider common sense, unlikely other provider (i.e Optus) a month last only 28 days and you have to pay for the next month, which I find not only as for bad marketing but also very dodgy!! About Customer service I can't provide feedback as I haven't had any need to call them.

Included Data per Month:14 GB

Aldi SIM just stopped working in iphone8. My Aldi SIM works in other phone. Other non Aldi SIMs work in my iphone8 (optus n/w) but a different Aldi SIM also does not work in my iphone8. All was good (for months) until Sat 8 June. Any pointers? Get sos only - iPhone is not activated message. Phone is not locked. Account is good according to Apple support. Stumped!
Have you gone online and checked the status of your Aldimobile account ?

Have an Aldi SIM card for data only and a $95.00 data pack. What is the best portable wifi device to use it. Won’t work in my Optus locked device!!!
iPhone/iPad or grab a Telstra 4G USB modem.

Hi has anyone used aldi mobile overseas with international roaming - weighing up benefits v's buying sim from country visiting thanks
Hi Deb Just came back from Europe, Aldi mobile was hopeless. Nothing but trouble and very little technical support to solve the problem. Which as I found out much later was no coverage in the country I was in. After 40 minutes on the phone to Aldi support, at considerable cost on my wife’s phone, the person at the support centre pretended they could no hear me and hung up on me because they could not solve the issue.Mmmm ok thnx Fran ,not what I wanted to hear thou as was hoping to keep my mobile no while away as just would be easier and have a heap of data from "roll over" but may need at look at getting sim- also going to EuropeHi. We arrived back from Europe, Russia and USA a few weeks ago. We had excellent mobile reception in every country except Hungary. 100% of people I have encountered that have reception problems when overseas are Android phone users as the settings usually have to be changed manually (or the phone is not compatible) whereas an iPhone automatically switches between signals and bandwidths. You probably are not aware like most users, but Aldimobile is an "online Telco". The number people are calling is a sales/accounts helpline which diverts to India. People who call a sales/accounts helpline for technical assistance clearly have not read the terms and conditions. What everyone needs to do is; go to https://www.aldimobile.com.au/ click on "login" and raise a technical job ticket. So easy !. Bye.