Kogan Mobile
3.0 from 1,122 reviews

• Plan Type
    • Pre-Paid Sim Only (142)
    • Post-Paid Sim Only (7)
    • Post-Paid with Phone (1)
  • Local Reception
  • Incentivised Review Yes (1%) · No (99%)

Anijke

AnijkeGippsland, VIC

Not enough explanation

I wanted to choose another plan with Kogan and used the recharge within My Account for the first time. The last time I bought a new plan off the website and a voucher code was sent to use when I needed to recharge. Unfortunately using the recharge made the recharge happen IMMEDIATELY and so I lost 3/4 month of data from my current plan. There was no warning that this would be what happened with my selection. On ringing Kogan all they could do for me was to give me an extra 10 days on the 365 day plan I bought and an extra 1GB of data which is a lot less than what disappeared from my current plan. I had thought that using the recharge would create a voucher code m=for me to use when the I needed to recharge.

Plan Cost per Month: $12.33
Included Data per Month:6.5 GB

Kogan failed to provide adequate information regarding unauthorised charges to my card

Plan Cost per Month: $21.00
Included Data per Month:23 GB

moviemaker613Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very slow internet - heats up my phone

Plan Cost per Month: $20.00
Included Data per Month:13 GB
moviemaker613

How will the contact team provide assistance just by me calling? I don’t want to be wasting time on a phone call where they’ll pretty much only say there’s not much they can do about it

Scott StoneSydney, NSW

Auto renewed without permission, plus extra charges I am trying to recover.

stevePerth, WA

Poor porting service and customer service after multiple phone calls

Requested a port of a number from telstra to kogan, so far three phone calls three different operators. Thought today was different but end of the day and phone still not ported to kogan. Not correspondence, no call back even through multiple times i have expalined the situation. So with sunday tomorrow no doubt another day of waiting. So far not impressed with service and response to the phone calls i have made to the various operators for kogan

steve

Thank you in the end after multiple attempts it has now been sorted out.

DavidSydney, NSW

Perfect

Been with kogan mobile few months had no problems so far good coverage. And use kogan for nbn and no problems great speeds. Got few of my friends and family with kogan.

Plan Cost per Month: $36.00
Included Data per Month:20 GB

Alex Canton

Alex CantonGold Coast, Queensland

Cheap, reliable service!

Kogan is a great alternative to the money making monopoly telcos. It runs on the fast Vodafone network and is very affordable. 8GB data, unlimited texts and calls for $36!

David P

David PSydney

Kogan management seriously need to be sacked

Included Data per Month:40 GB
Ryan Lewis

Ryan LewisSydney, NSW

Gave Kogan one chance and they messed up badly. Auto recharge without permission & stored my CC data

Found the starter prepaid sim pack at a good price and decided to give it a try. No complaints about the network and speed but I decided to hold back recharging as I was still on a contract. I got emails with offers that it would be expiring soon with annual offers but I ignored it as I wanted to wait. To my shock they auto renewed it. No where in the email did they mention about this. This is fraud and un-Australian and have seen a lot of posts on the web and their customer service will refund it. In my option the leadership making this decision to increase sales should be fired. Who gave you permission to save my credit card & auto renew? You lost a customer for life. Good luck Kogan.

Plan Cost per Month: $4.90
Included Data per Month:40 GB

Avoid.

its honestly like mission impossible to cancel this service.
I've had my number ported over to a new provider - Australian based - and I can not express how hair pulling the process to cancel my account with Kogan is.
rating is zero. in all aspects

Jessica

JessicaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hate this company!

Everything to do with Kogan, Dick Smith. They are almost as bad a scam artist companies. Will never use this company again!!! Please dont buy or use anything to do with Kogan!!

Matty

MattyHunter Region, NSW

Great

Found out about kogan mobile pre paid on ebay the first month was only 2 bucks 40gig unlim calls text this was 3 years ago now i pay 230 for 1 year and it gives me 25gig unlim calls & text every month and the coverage is everywhere its similar to telstra.

Plan Cost per Month: $20.90
Included Data per Month:25 GB

GreatViews

GreatViewsCanberra 2600, ACT

Kogan Mobile has changed over time (gone downhill)

LucyQLD

LucyQLD

Yearly plan used to be great... now not!?

Went a whole year with Kogan Mobile, excellent service, 20gb data lasted us ages.. worked well for calls, text and data (including YouTube, Netflix etc). THEN my plan ran out so we chose a new yearly plan but with less data. Since rolling over internet barely works, texts dont send, cant make calls .. a lot! Only way to get them to work is to turn phone Airplane mode on/off to get the phone to connect to new tower. Happening on mine and husbands phone so we know it isnt the phone! I dont see why reception would be so different and internet capability so different just because we rolled from one plan to another.

Included Data per Month:3 GB
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Lucy, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Mobile Support Team on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset for assistance.

A scam company!

After having signed up for their $5.90 32gb a month offer, I was immediately enrolled in their auto renewal payment system which, much like the other person have chosen to opt out off. This company has a history of scamming people, I think its best to spread awareness to report this company.

December 13th 2019 Update: Not very good.

Service was dodgy nearly everywhere I went. Data speeds were very slow. After using this service for about 1 month, I finally switched to a better provider. For reference, I live in a bigger city with about 250,000 people.

Plan Cost per Month: $70.00
Included Data per Month:32 GB
Salar J.

Salar J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Awful - Gave them a chance, they are not good

Sim 1 - Wouldn't activate with 3 forms of ID. Then you have to wait 72 HOURS to try again. Really?
Sim 2 - Doesn't think it's valid even though I entered all the numbers correctly and got someone to check

Helpline number is no longer valid. No way to get help other than awful circular internet urls leading back to the same pages.

If it works, their prices are great - but the simple part of activating a sim is total nonsense.

Awful service.

Cellular service was absolutely awful. Cutting in and out made it nearly impossible to finish a call. Data was also very unreliable even in big cities. Look for other providers!

Plan Cost per Month: $70.00
Included Data per Month:32 GB

Anup S.

Anup S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Reliability and Accountability is a major issue

Always loved the 40 gb internet data sim. But lately all the sim that I bought at 3 stores and also from website came out faulty sim. Fraustration is you wait weeks for sim to be delivered and its faulty. Then you go to stores to buy another one, turns out faulty again, go to another store and faulty again. This is simply crap for you guys to sell faulty product, its a waste of peoples time. Now I have to fill the form for them to get them replaced/refund and wait another few weeks for delivery and you do not know if it will work, I doubt.

Plan Cost per Month: $45.00

BEWARWE Kogan Mobile

Signed up for a 365 day Pre-paid plan they had on offer, took 5days to receive the supplied SIM. Could not activate the SIM on the Kogan web site and called the company. Turned out "apparently" they had a so called bad batch of SIMS. Kogan offer to send a new one - I refused since i did not want to wait another week or more for a replacement. Purchased one at my Local 7/11 that same afternoon. Guess what that also was bad based on the number I gave the support folks.

Plan Cost per Month: $17.00
Included Data per Month:13 GB

MariaT

MariaTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware- the deal is not what it seems.

These guys sell/give all your contact details to all kinds of marketeers and scammers. After signing up you will be inundated with endless unwanted emails and phone calls .It was so bad I didn't ever load their sim card

KelliK

KelliKasked

Hi, Can you use this service for tethering to your laptop/PC?

Gds1980

Gds1980asked

Hi ive noticed i cant call 13 XX XX numbers. Is there an add on for this or a plan to introduce this.

Nathan C.asked

I noticed that the latest plan pricing has improved since the last year. With automatic recharge on, it will just charge my credit card the previous years contract price? Or will it apply the latest and better price? Because the current price is about $40 cheaper! One of the terms of these new plans is “existing customer? = no”. If this is the case and you don’t allow an existing customer to take advantage of the new pricing this is a deal breaker as every other telco allows you to go to better deals. Also, this would be deceitful as you are preying on the “lazy tax.” IE when you keep charging an expensive plan price when there is a better price for the same product available.

David

What I do is I disabled the auto charge and on the due date select the plan you want to buy I'm on the $36.99 unlimited with 20gb of data. I never have on enable for auto recharge

Nathan C.

Yeah that’s what I’m going to do from no on. Thanks! So you just tick you have existing number and keep same number I’m guessing?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives