Kogan Mobile
3.1 from 1,022 reviews

Beaware when you recharge!

Recharging, IMMEDIATELY overwrites your existing plan, regardless of how long you have remaining. No warning, No indication on the website at all.

I rang them up after a recharge wiped out 23 days remaining on my previous prepaid plan.
They offered me 15 days back.

Not a huge deal, but still leaves a sour taste ...

Bad Customer Service.

My plans runs out on 25/05/19 and I recharged small plan of 3GB and after 10 days same plans comes with 80 GB bonus data. I was missed out and rang customer service they act like you have paid for a year plan so we don't care?

Plan Cost per Month: $12.50

SO Disappointing.

Last week I called up Kogan to ask if they could refund an XX amount that was taken from my bank account and they told me there was nothing they could do about. They could have at least paid back one month out of three months that I had paid for. BUT NO. They said there was absolutely nothing they could do. They DID NOT even try to offer me anything. With being said the person who I was talking to was incredibly RUDE and absurd. I couldn't even understand what he was saying half the time. You Kogan have lost a valuable and loyal customer and I will not be returning to your disgusting company.

Included Data per Month:13 GB

Avoid at all cost.

Need a name change on my account. Called their stupid customer service team and provided all relevant information including pin but no one can do anything. Ended up email my drivers license and was told the name does not match and therefore needs an investigation team to look into it. Useless service team with no logic. Lost a 4 year customer forever.

Included Data per Month:20 GB

superb!!! yay!!! no contract!!

I am someone who is pretty much I give you money - your give goods, and off you go so I dont ever see you anywhere near my home or money. KOGAN you are so clever and I appreciate you!! I bought extra large 365 prepaid deal with 40gb unlimited calls&text. I paid for a full year ahead and CONTRACT FREE. Buying bulk came at about 25 dollars a months. This is the first company where I had no obstacle to activate and port my number. all done within 5 min. I had no anticipated data drop outs or disconnections, video load straightaway and smooth like any normal internet. I know some people complain with activating but I remember exactly all the details that I gave my previous provider hence absolute match of info guaranteed my smooth porting. And another thing I like that data usage shown in my account is same as my phone measures which means it is a standard data meter (I worried that may be their meter was twice as fast and the data amount would be fake as couldn't find any info on this) all good there thanks goodness. I am proper happy. Plus I only had one person so far to provide me customer service after the purchase and he was reassuring and kind. PS i am a moderate user , prob one 2 h video every two days, lots of emails and google search. that's all I wanted to say. Definitely recommend!

Plan Cost per Month: $25.00
Included Data per Month:40 GB

4 x Faulty sim cards received twice over 2 weeks.

Stay away from Kogan mobile. I bought two sim cards and after failing to activate them, reached out to the contact centre for over an hour and a day later only to be informed the sim cards are faulty. Received only one sim card replacement today and guess what? Faulty too!!!

Included Data per Month:80 GB
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you to contact our Help Desk for assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

Koganmobile - You just lost a new customer

Was a Koganmobile customer for a year with all family members on it. I moved to a new workplace & I cant get reception (not your fault - Vodafail) therefore I moved to Lebara. After 2 weeks of moving to Lebara, I decided to move back to Koganmobile as Lebara is equally bad and I cant seem to do it. Call helpcentre and reply that I cant as I need to "stay away" from Koganmobile for 30days before coming back as a new customer. Oh well, in that case, I shall "stay away" for life. Btw, the helpcentre person said even encourage me to stay with Lebara. Sad.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you to continue to discuss this issue with them directly by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset.Too late. Ive ported my number to Optus as suggested & encouraged by your helpsupport person. I have his name if you are interested.

Watch how Kogan mobile calculates dates on prepaid, they will steal a couple of days on each renews.

Last year I purchased 365 days of Kogan prepaid valid till 13/06/19, as it was about to expire I received SMS that my plan will expire soon and I should renew it now. What SMS and website is failing to tell you that renew is not from the date of the previous plan but from date of new renew, so if your plan expires on 13 and you renew on 05, the new plan starts from 05 and kogan pockets your 8 days.

Plan Cost per Month: $20.00
Included Data per Month:20 GB
Hi Chris, thank you for letting us know about your experience. If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Mobile Support Team on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset for assistance.This what I did I called Kogan Mobile Support Team to be told very rudely "What is my problem it's only a couple of days " and "Renew now does not mean that "I should renew NOW", someone with a very heavy Indian accent was implying that I don't know English and surprise surprise Kogan is not responsible for any promotional material sent to me. Your Kogan Mobile Support Team does not understand that I am the customer and without me, they would not have a job, therefore I open a case with The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman as your staff is not interested in making wrong right.

Really bad customer service

Tried porting my number and after 5 days I gave up and just stay my current provider. Tried ringing Kogan mobile support almost everyday but they do not have any answer. I asked for sms or email update but what told they do not have sms and email facility. If you are porting your number to Kogan and it does not happen in 1hour just choose some other provider . Kogan support is useless

Re: Kogan Mobile Plans

I activated a 3Gb/month plan, prepaid for 1 year for $ 152.10 on 15th May 2019.
Lo and behold 20-25 DAYS later they are offering 7Gb/month for the same annual charge of $ 152.10.
Called, complained, received a call back from a very pleasant Kogan employee, giving me the usual company line but no offer of an increase in my data.
20 years with Optus and the only reason I changed was that their Mobile plans are expensive---AND 20 days with Kogan!!!!!!!!

Included Data per Month:3 GB
Hi Ajit, I'm sorry to hear this. Our Kogan Mobile customer care team that can be reached 7 days a week between 8am to 8pm on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset. I suggest giving them a call to resolve this issue.I did lodge a complaint OTT 154781. Someone called back to say nothing can be done,

Terrible customer service

I called in today to dispute the new expiry on my recharge. I recharged a week earlier and it specifically states on Kogan’s website that the new recharge will take effect after my old recharge expires but lo and behold, the new recharge immediately takes effect. When I called them, the customer agent is very adamant and not apologetic. He is rubbing into my face that I should have waited for my subscription to expire! What kind of reasoning is that!!!

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you to continue to discuss this issue with them directly by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset.Why would I call them? I am giving them feedback but they are not listening

Phone call issues - unable to connect, calls keeping dropping out

Sometimes when people try to call me my phone does not ring, it goes straight to voice mail. If I do manage to get connected then the call keeps dropping every 2 or 3 minutes from Melbourne CBD. Going to switch provider.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you are disappointed with the product you ordered from us. Our buying team works hard to provide the best quality products at the best prices for our customers and we stand by them. If you have not already and you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

Great value and no problems

This will be the third time I have renewed my 365 day prepaid plan with Kogan mobile. Previously the small plan gave me 3gb of data every 30 days. I now get 7gb for a cheaper price when you access their regular deals. Have never had a problem with service coverage. The Kogan app is great for checking data use.

Plan Cost per Month: $12.50
Included Data per Month:7 GB

Amazingly low price.

The best and the cheapest mobile service I have ever found. Some time I feel guilty that such low prices are dangerous for market. How will other service providers survive !

Plan Cost per Month: $13.00
Included Data per Month:3 GB

Worst mobile plan ever!!!

Switched from $3/day Optus unlimited to Kogan extra large plan byo.
Worst service ever
As soon as you credit runs out they just cut you
Then you can only recharge 2gb at a time and only a certain amount of time
I strongly recommend don't switch to kogan/vodafone

Included Data per Month:40 GB
Hi Robbie, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed with your service. If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Mobile Support Team on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset for assistance.

My mobile number illegally ported out twice this year without my authority.

Kogan mobile security is appalling. My number has been ported out twice to some scammer who has stolen money thousands from my credit cards. I just renewed my contract yesterday and after 3 hours it was ported out illegally again. They tried to get into my credit card account again but was blocked for suspicious activity. Police and telecommunications ombudsman contacted. Very suspicious of Kogan mobile. Not a good look for them. Inside activity?????

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi Jim, thank you for letting us know about your experience and we are sorry about what happened. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you to continue to discuss this issue with them directly by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset.

Great value but network keep dropping out

Great value on annual pre-paid but network is getting worse always drop down 0kb just reach up just kb/s can't enjoy much. Not even watch utube even on low resolutions. Will determine to other plan other network for sure.

Included Data per Month:40 GB
Hi Anna, thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you to continue to discuss this issue with them directly by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset.

Prepaid Kogan mobile refund

Was charged twice for recharging prepaid service. Indian call centre processed refund evidently, saying would take 2 business days to clear in bank account. Four days later, nada. Rang bank, who said could take 5-7 days. Why did overseas call centre say just two days? Just forewarning. Hopefully my refund will come through next few days.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Included Data per Month:40 GB
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you to continue to discuss this issue with them directly by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset.Have done so already twice thank you. Not necessary unless and until refund does not come through by Monday.

Terrible service, Port in to Customer service

Customer service and port in facilities is terrible.
Can't handle them, very mush unprofessional.
My phone still disconnected due to they can't map my existing no to their SIM card.
Will pot out as soon as i can

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you to continue to discuss this issue with them directly by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset.doing it since, have engaged customer service manager, still phone down, sim card not linked, ticket no OTT153280. loosing business because of KOGANPlease help me to Port out from Kogan

Pathetic International Package - can’t call any London landlines with 0207 and 0208

Complete rubbish. They give you a chance to call the UK for $5 per month, however what they don’t tell you is that you’re not allowed to ring 0208 or 0207 phone numbers. This means you effectively can’t call any landlines London, clearly they have no Clue. Avoid at all costs, Lebara or lyca are far better

Plan Cost per Month: $16.00
Included Data per Month:3 GB
Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience and I'm very sorry to hear about this. If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Mobile Support Team on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset for assistance.All ready done that. When I explained to the representative, he was very rude and got aggressive when I explained that the poor service means that no landline in London can be called. Have a look at the wiki for more information on the phone code for London. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/020 Pathetic service! He simply said the code was excluded from your list below as 00114420, which would be the code to call London landlines: https://cdn.koganmobile.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Special-Category-Prefixes.xlsx?_ga=2.242439554.1433731315.1557882041-1548474388.1553769404 You do realise having that exclusion mean ALL landlines in London are excluded. You must advertise that landlines in London cannot be called!