Kogan Mobile

2.9

1,239 reviews

Kogan mobile utterly hopeless

Further to my earlier comment. Over 20 emails since end April. 1 answered phone call, one which hung up. NO RESOLUTION. WORST COMPANY EVER. TIO HERE I COME. Numerous reference numbers, refund references etc. 44 minute call today hopeless.. NO customer service here

Plan Cost per MonthA$18.00
Tony
Tony

Your automated electronic response is not worth the paper it's written on. Please don't waste any more of my time.

This company will steal your money

This company will steal your money on a recharge.

They give a PIN number which does not work and the email reset does not work so they can charge your credit card every month. There is no way to contact them or opt out but to cancel your credit card. Shocking company practices

Plan Cost per MonthA$16.00
kathleen.wesley.7

kathleen.wesley.7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Kogan mobile: impossible to cancel

Plan Cost per MonthA$40.00
Included Data per Month40 GB
Ross x.Kogan

Thank you for the canned response. Covid-19 is no excuse for crappy service. Why is it that everyone else including Centrelink Vodafone Telstra are efficient except you.

bntn

bntnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value for money! Vodafone network coverage and roaming available.

As it uses the Vodafone coverage it is good, but I’ve experienced cut outs on calls with my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Data works well and they now have international roaming for $5 which is easily purchased online. I used it in Korea and worked well.

Plan Cost per MonthA$20.00

MichaelSydney, NSW

Worse service!!!

I purchase a 3 months prepaid Kogan mobile and applied for a porting from my current mobile service. For unknown reason, it failed, an the sim I received was active and not working with 3 different handsets. I tried to call them to solve the problem, but never get a chance to put through to their service center. I tried to write down an email to their service team, it get back a useless crap. And the worse thing, in my Kogan mobile account, this 3 months mobile service is ticking everyday!
I can only say, that's the worse I have ever seen.

Michael

Thank you for your reply. As advised, I have fill out the form online and provided all information you needed. Just replace my SIM card please.

AndreasKatherine, NT

If I could, I would give Kogan mobile zero stars.

Downloads on Kogan are patchy. The phone I have constantly switches between 4g and 3g. I live with 1 km of the Vodafone tower. It's the network that's the problem. Also, the network is so poor I can't make quality phones calls inside. Don't pay for this cheap network. Pay a little more and get decent coverage. Kogan customer service are not helpful either. They put a barrier up to getting help by asking you for your Sim card number. As if I kept that! I want a refund, but getting through to Kogan has been impossible.

Plan Cost per MonthA$25.00
Included Data per Month42 GB
Andreas

Thanks, but that is not an answer. I give you negative stars for that one.

Tony D.

Tony D.Sydney, NSW

Poor customer service

I couldn’t get my number ported. After many emails over a week it could not be sorted. Although I tried to talk to someone there was no one available due to the covid virus situation. So after 8 days of emails going back and forward with no progress I had to ask for a refund. As a positive, they refunded my money. But I thought they would have tried to work it out and keep a valuable customer rather than simply refund the money.

B Nguyen

B NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value. Roaming offered.

They use the Vodafone network so coverage is good.
I have however experienced dropouts while on calls.
Data speeds is adequate. No issues.
They respond promptly to online enquires.
Good value if you pay upfront 12months. But be warned that if you recharge before your plan ends for the month you will lose it. I renewed my plan a month before it was due to end and lost that month.
I wouldn’t have recharged but I kept receiving emails reminding me to recharge. So be careful.

Plan Cost per MonthA$22.00
Included Data per Month16 GB

Charging me without informing me!

Kogan is not a reliable operator! I purchased a sim online, after activation and choosing an offered package for the first time, without saving any account number, they recharged the package, debited from my bank account without informing me! I didn't apply for that plan or any other plan, just paid the initial amount to allow me run the fresh sim!!!!!!!!!!!! I contacted them, after long waits, no reasonable response!

A E.
A E.

ShristiSydney, NSW

Mobile recharge refund

I had attempted to recharge my mobile via kogan app on 12april and didnot go through anf i thought it was my cards that had a problem. Both of my cards were charged and when called into customer care the lady said that will be refunded within 7 to 14 days. I just called in 5mins ago and the guy told me that back end needs to approve it. God this is the worst service ever. No way you vould email it or anything.

Shristi

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it and I have filled out the form and hope the issue is resolved.

quang

quangGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nasty, dodgy, horrible

I tried Kogan mobile network on a starter sim $5.90 and the porting was smooth. And exact one month later I was charged $49.90 for a month on a XL plan and got a receive sent straight to my face at the midnight. It was funny that I did not put autorecharge on the account but somehow Kogan well played to put it there and failed to show in any critical information summary or adversting page where I made the first purchase that they would do the autorecharge on my account.

My credit 5 years ago was charged about $1500 out of the blue by Kogan and their customer resolved well. I was refunded and it was no issue.

Feel like Kogan is going from hero to zero
Disappointed

DamienGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not join if you want to transfer your number

I have tried to transfer my number to Kogan as there was a great introductory offer.
After more than two weeks my number still hasn't been transferred and the number on the SIM card purchased doesn't work due the pending transfer, leaving me without service.
I have been in contact with the Kogan Mobile team every other day getting a response thanking me for my understanding and that the query had been escalated and should be resolved within 24 hours.
I then tried to cancel the port, with the response that this couldn't occur due to the pending transfer.
I have also contacted the previous carrier who have advise that the transfer hasn't even been requested.

Damien

Please do not reply with a generic answer.
If you had read the review, you would have commented on the constant contact with said help centre with no remediation. It's been "escalated" twice and yet I still have no service.

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

No service and no interest in anyone other than themselves

I have been waiting for over 4 weeks to have my phone plan set up, I have tried to call them several times but you are on hold for hours. I don't believe they ever answer the phone. I have been told in emails to be patient and that things would be done to fix the issues but they never follow through. They hide their incompetence behind excuses and hope you go away after frustration. I have asked for a refund and I have just got the run around. As soon as they get your money you will never get any service or goods in return.

Plan Cost per MonthA$47.00
Included Data per Month8 GB

Too little too late

Justin D.

Justin D.

Great stuff return customer

Bought a ready to esemble coffee table it was so easy to build . The instuctions were easy to follow was delivered on time and was every thing I expected have bought many items since great company fast and reliable.

Plan Cost per MonthA$40.00
Shane

Shane

Did not register properly in the website. Support was non existent, a complete waste of money.

A complete waste of money. The after sales support is non existent. The website to register the Sim did not work properly. Kogan is cheap for a reason, it is crap.

Plan Cost per MonthA$5.00
Included Data per Month0 GB

Find out how Kogan Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Had an issue with my recharge, they were so helpful

They responded to my issue quickly and went above and beyond to provide me with a solution. They were professional and ensured that I was satisfied. My expectations were exceeded. Thank you!

Plan Cost per MonthA$12.50
Included Data per Month7 GB

JackMount Coolum

The worst service I have ever had from a company

I have been waiting 10 days for Kogan to port my phone number and they still have done nothing to fix my issue.

other phone companies take 1 hour to do this

Plan Cost per MonthA$30.00
Included Data per Month20 GB
johnny d

johnny dPerth, WA

Cheap but they absolutely must be the most pathetic ignorant useless illegitimately setup company ever. Absurd.

It is impossible to contact them as they don't offer any legitimate way to contact them and their koganmobile app is crap like their help centre.. ignorance is no excuse please.

StevenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Impossible to contact Kogan.

My 88yo mother with a pacemaker, purchased a 1 year mobile plan, wasn't able to connect, isolated at home because of Covid 19. She rejoined to Telstra as she needed a phone due to her health circumstances.
She tried to get a response from Kogan, a month later received an email saying that she may have made an error setting up.
Way to late and useless, so she needs a refund.
Anyone had any luck getting something like this from this mob, they seem particularly elusive, hiding behind the Covid 19 excuse.

Steven

Haha, replied to the email my mother received and it said it was a no reply email address. What's your next suggestion.

Keven

KevenSydney, NSW

Cant log in or recharge

Been a customer for the last year, have recharged & been sent a voucher #.
Go to log in to Kogan mobile with my existing phone # however I've lost my pin,. Request pin reset but nothing gets sent to my email ( the order did) how do i get my money back?

Plan Cost per MonthA$16.00