Kogan Mobile
3.1 from 1,085 reviews

AgiSydney, NSW

Security issue: Not received all SMS code from banks and mygov

I have paid and extended one year service under Kogan. I can’t receive all sms code from banks and mygov, and sometimes I can’t receive messages and calls too.
I called 4 times in a day but no-one can fix my problem until now.
It’s a serious security issue and I suspect if these codes goes to somebody who hacked my phone. They are just waiting to collect more of my personal details to get funds out or pretend me.
I feel very unsecured and I felt nobody can talk to.

Before I have tried to port out my number, again, I can’t receive any SMS code. So forcing me to. Stay with Kogan forever.

It’s that’s Kogan strategy to force customers staying with the poor network.

Plan Cost per Month: $25.00
Included Data per Month:13 GB

Hunter54998

Hunter54998Sydney, NSW

Bad Customer Service and Reception

Tried contacting Kogan Mobile to see if I could port my number to another service. They started asking why and I said, I do not like the service. They start going on about how it is bad and that "This is a concern" They didn't even answer my question. I will be moving my service to Boost Mobile as soon as my plan ends.

Let's hope they actually do port my number.

Plan Cost per Month: $12.67
johnny d

johnny dPerth, WA

Cheap price cheaper service

Cheapest mobile plan available. Unfortunately it has pathetic reception. Try to contact them and you cant. Try to email a complaint you cant. Only interested in selling you something. Absolute amateur unprofessional crabs

Plan Cost per Month: $20.00
Prince X.

Prince X.Perth, WA

Kogan mobile data

It started great but nowadays internet has gotten very slow, even in the middle of Perth City! Slow enough to be unable to sustain a voice call on Facebook! Sadly I have taken a year worth of credit from them but do not intend to renew.

Plan Cost per Month: $18.00
Included Data per Month:12 GB

Saiful

SaifulDarwin, NT

Website is full of lie

BarakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service

If you're trying to port your number to Kogan, please take into consideration it may take UP TO 5 DAYS! According to them, it shouldn't take longer than 3 hours, but for me it did.
I've requested the port on Wednesday and it took them until Monday to port the number. The whole time I was without a service and every time I called them (from someone else's phone) they told me they are "investigating" that...
Also, I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but all their representatives got heavy Indian accent and it's impossible to understand half of what they're saying! If that company really cares about it's costumers, they should get some Australian representatives ASAP.

Barak

I would love to! but thanks to you guys, I can't make any phone calls...

LamaDarwin, NT

Absolutely useless. Had to give up in the end.

Lama

Yes well I did that quite a few times. For 4 days I was told that the matter would be resolved within 24 to 48 hours. Considering I waited 120 hours before giving up, I wasn't going to go without a phone forever.

deuceelawcrip

deuceelawcripSouth East Queensland, QLD

SIM CARD

Here’s Facts About being charged with Kogan Mobile and not even being sent the SIM card.. 1 month later still waiting for it, gets a email with invoice of $50 for another month that I didn’t even receive the 1st month!! So pay for 2 months and DON'T Receive any months of credit!! Nonsense Kogan

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Included Data per Month:40 GB
Kelly D

Kelly DAdelaide, South Australia

cheap but dodgy

Cheap prices but when you recharge your plan before the end date of your previous plan, your old plan is cancelled early so you lose your remaining value. Disappointing catch to an okay service.

Ross x.Kogan

Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

In order to have this resolved it is best for you, kindly contact Kogan Mobile Team by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612.

Richierj

RichierjSydney, NSW

disappointed

Kogan sim been useing for 3years now was very happy with service the data use to last me almost a month...with the $16.90 Deal.but last 3weeks useing same data usage last me 2days ..will be changing carriers asap .!!!!!! Very dispointed..can't believe this ...

Plan Cost per Month: $16.90
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Richie, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Mobile Support Team on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset for assistance.

Patricia

PatriciaPerth, WA

Run out of credit...your number is hijacked!

So I signed up on Kogan for cheap calls and data...I am going overseas soon so decided I need to switch to Vodafone and waited for my credit to expire.

Once my credit expired Kogan put call barring on my service...unable to receive calls or text I was locked out of certain webpages as well!

To port my number Vodafone needed a 7 digit code that was sent by sms( btw...Vodafone is in partnership with Kogan)!

To reactivate my number Kogan wanted minimum $152 on a new plan.

Outrageous, multiple phone calls and hours to sort it out... Unprofessional, unethical...never ever again!

Plan Cost per Month: $5.00

BobSydney

Excellent pricing but zero customer service

I am a Kogan customer last 2 years. No issues except you can't send international sms. I got into trouble once when my account is hacked and send automatic recharge my account. There is absolutely no customer service you can get to know what is going on. Changing service asap.

Today I am writing very frustrated. My number was ported out yesterday and used to hack my mail accounts, data stolen. Trying to reach Kogan every way possible. It is so hard to know at this point that, this company is virtual self service only. If things go wrong you are in big trouble. I am not even sure if I will be able to get my number back or not. No way to contact anyone.

Plan Cost per Month: $16.00
Bob

Hi, just wondering if you can help with this ticket number is 7579745.
I have added a temporary number to reach me there.

Grant L.

Grant L.Sydney, NSW

Slower than dial up

This network is getting worse.
Super slow internet, if I can get it at all. That's in the middle of Sydney!
Won't be renewing my contract.
I recommend people to look else where.

Included Data per Month:15 GB

Bco

Bco

Extremely Difficult to Cancel Mobile Sim Card

They autorecharge the prepaid sim card. I wish to cancel it but it is extremely difficult, as they require you to call their customer service just to cancel the sim. I am really worried that they will just keep charging me for a sim card that I will not use.

Plan Cost per Month: $9.00
Clara R.

Clara R.Sydney, NSW

I got my number stolen

My number was somehow “stolen” from my one year prepaid Kogan mobile phone. I woke up one day and just didn’t have service Customer service is horrible and I’ve been without my phone number for 1.5 weeks now. They told me they would send me a new SIM card- and I called them and they said they hadn’t sent it and they had been “trying to contact me” but the whole point is that I don’t have my number! And they have my email and I emailed them heaps and they didn’t reply to any of those. It’ll be two weeks without service, which has affected my work. Wish I never went with Kogan.

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $12.50
Included Data per Month:7 GB
jefferson8855

jefferson8855Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gaming BLOCKED, Contract LOCKED

CR

CR

Not happy with the Kogan response to the bad reviews.

Hi,
I've been a Kogan mobile customer for a year and have been quite happy except for the fact I can't phone or text 1900 numbers but I knew that when I joined. When I had to phone Kogan in the beginning, they went out of their way to be helpful. However I have to say that the response by RossX for Kogan in the below reviews is disappointing. I would expect someone to try to help these customers and not just fob them off to a number they have already tried.

Melanie Taylor

Melanie TaylorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Switched for the better

I switched to kogan mobile as it offered better pre paid pricing. Best thing i did, no issues and value for $16 a month with data, network coverage is great with no drop outs.

Plan Cost per Month: $16.00

lilypad

lilypadAU

Beware Regional Customers!

Sam

SamSydney

Ex Kogan User

I used Kogan for over 2 years and never had any issue. the only reason I change (from Kogan to Optus) because Optus offer lucrative offer. Thought I missed Kogans's Service.