• Plan Type
    • Post-Paid Sim Only (235)
    • Pre-Paid Sim Only (139)
    • Post-Paid with Phone (37)
  • Local Reception

DinRedfern

DinRedfernSydney, NSW

What u need.

It’s what you need in a telco. A service that just works! Easy, simple and inexpensive. Very happy with Pennytel.
Am very impressed with the coverage that is offered as well.

Plan Cost per Month: $17.00
Included Data per Month:20 GB

Now I can no further blame the telecommunication provider for not responding to calls for lack of coverage

Since transferring three mobile services from an Optus ISP/ telecommunication provided, I have experienced nothing but excellent coverage within our regional / country property, including within our Colourbond clad house.
Service received from the overseas service personnel on inception of and post commencement of Pennytel can only be described as exceptional.
I have strongly recommended Pennytel to many other dissatisfied clients of other more expensive telecommunication providers here within the Tamar Valley.
Thank you and continue the great service

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Jan

JanHunter Region, NSW

Very happy with service and network coverage and have always been able to contact Pennytel quickly if needed. Purchased Nokia 2.2 phone and so far had no problems. It suits my purpose.

Plan Cost per Month: $10.00
Francisco

FranciscoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service

not working the call center asked mobile model Spoke team leader who promised new sim in 3 working days 1week no sim the call center say sim is in post

Plan Cost per Month: $15.00
Included Data per Month:2 GB

David S.

David S.South East Queensland, QLD

Please be careful in signing up to pennytel! Made my life hell.

Network coverage is TERRIBLE. I have a business and have lost customers over this terrible network.
I contacted Pennytel with no reply / follow up to request why my mobile phone service was so bad.
I then contacted Pennytel to change providers to Vodafone and Pennytel have made my life a LIVING NIGHTMARE. I would not given them 1 star if I had their option. Please be careful in signing up to pennytel!

Jake

JakeNorthern Region, NSW

Great value and service but Nokia 3.2 is very average

I was drawn to Pennytel for the price and the Telstra coverage, which I need in this hilly rural area. No problems and service is excellent. However, the Nokia 3.2 phone I purchased is a lemon and I am returning it. Not a reflection on Pennytel service, but they need to have Nokia improve the phones they offer.

Plan Cost per Month: $11.00

jenny

jenny

recommend to anyone

service is as good as my other network. download speeds are fast. disappointing though pennytel doesn't support 1900 numbers. the phone service have been excellent when I have contacted pennytel staff

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Plan Cost per Month: $19.95
Included Data per Month:16 GB

Have you tried pennytel? Great price great service

Reliable network. down load speed
Best swap I ever did... moved the whole family. Every where we go we have service... even in the country! Very recommended! Set up was easy .. as well.

Plan Cost per Month: $25.00
Included Data per Month:10 GB
trevfromoz

trevfromozSouth West, WA

No dramas easy to change.

SIM cards arrived quickly, activated within an hour, problems with coverage and have recommended Pennytel to all my friends. Data download seems pretty quick, I have always managed to access information I need quickly.

Plan Cost per Month: $26.00
Included Data per Month:100 GB
Mikey C

Mikey CMid North Coast, NSW

Quite Good

Enjoy being able to speak to a person. Dropouts only occasionally. I will recommend to friends & family if they are looking for a new service provider. Data speed is OK.

Plan Cost per Month: $11.99

Perfect Telecom Company

Very reliable network and fast data download. Roaming feature is efficient. Billing is accurate. Easy to contact them and excellent customer service. Mobile plans are very affordable. I just wish in the future Pennytel will offer internet service as well. Overall I am so happy and satisfied with Pennytel.

Plan Cost per Month: $11.00

Pauline B.

Pauline B.Sydney, NSW

Great

All perfect, good coverage and download speeds were good even when I was overseas. Good value and great service. I can recommend Pennytel to my friends if they are looking for a new service provider

Plan Cost per Month: $19.90
Included Data per Month:10 GB

Happy

Very happy with Pennytel have had no problems no dropouts download good and at the same time I’m saving heaps
I have noticed that signal in areas that was not strong has not let me down with Pennytel

Plan Cost per Month: $19.99

Glen

GlenLaunceston, TAS

Exceptional service, great deal!

Coverage on the Telstra network is great with the benefit of a low cost service that is unbeatable. These guys really know how to make life easy for those that only require a mobile plan for casual calling and texting. Well done Pennytel, you got it covered.

Plan Cost per Month: $10.99
Temae

Temae

Amazing, good value.

Coverage is comparable to to Telstra. It's affordable and good quality. Small plans like this are good for people who use more Wifi than data, so now I'm no longer paying for data I never use.
So far I have had no issues with coverage or loading times.
Very happy I made the switch.

Plan Cost per Month: $19.99
Bug family

Bug familyPerth, WA

Cannot fault this phone company, does what it says, really great service, reliable and excellent value

Plan Cost per Month: $10.99
Included Data per Month:1 GB

Best communications provider I have ever used.Prompt friendly service when required.

Reliable service.Excellent download speeds. As my role requires mobile phone reliability I can be confident in Pennytel providing this service. I would recommend Pennytel to all my friends and family. Great value excellent service.

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Included Data per Month:20 GB

Stevie1

Stevie1Peel, WA

Highly Recommend.

Changed two phones from Optus to Pennytel two months ago, it was seamless. Am currently paying $25 per month for the basic plan and the plan with unlimited international calls on a special offer for four months. It will revert to $36 per month at the end of the four months, which is $40 cheaper than Optus, a saving of $480 per year. Had 300 minutes of international calls with Optus, but unlimited international calls with Pennytel. Would highly recommend!

Roy

Roy

No problems all good so far

been with pennytel for 3 months and cannot fault it so far. have travelled up and down the east coast from newcastle to Gladestone with good coverage, however when we travel inland we do not know how good it will be. cannot use it to enter 1900 contests which is frustrating .

Plan Cost per Month: $20.00

Improvement on Eyre

Spent a week at Streaky Bay without coverage
Wholesale Telsta network not as broad a cover as I had hoped this may be an issue when travelling in regional areas?
Otherwise customer service great

Plan Cost per Month: $19.00

Ben N.

Ben N.asked

Does a Pennytel sim work on a locked telstra phone?

Darren John

Darren Johnasked

I switched from A Telstra (20yrs++) mobile customer to Pennytel (4wks) mobile, and cost saving is impressive:)
Live in Rural / Southwest WA - coverage at home is 1 to 2bars outside and 1 to SOS inside the house.
With Telstra Direct, VOWiFi, my business & personal mobile calls a Breeze :), Clear and Contactable 24/7
1st 3weeks with Pennytel - VOWiFi worked perfectly :) 24/7
Someone? Pennytel?? Turned off / Flicked a switch - and my Account/ Mobile no longer can access VOWiFi and my Mobile life at Home - has turned upside-down, customers, family and friends - call, go straight to Voice Mail / MSG and awaiting my return call (Standing on Lawn Outside) in effort to get Coverage:( :( :(
Changing SIM to friends OPTUS or Telstra SIM - my iPhone XS works perfectly inside house, using VOWiFi - so 100% not a Hardware / Settings issue - is Carrier / Pennytel systems Issue :( :( :(
Have contacted Pennytel Customer / Technical support multiple times / ticket#s and informed that System Techinian will email shortly - 7days later and still awaiting answers/ solutions :( :(
Very, Very disappointed PENNYTEL :( :( :(

Desmond
Desmond

Have similar problems in trying to get a refund as they could not provide the service as stated. A very deceptive company to say the least and blatantly lie about their responses. Think catrefully before subscribing to this company
Desmond Muir

Hi Darren,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response and for the customer experience you have had. We absolutely understand your disappointment.

If you are still experiencing these issues, please send us a message with your account details and we would be happy to look into this further for you to try to get this issue resolved.

lynne daly

lynne dalyasked

how do you call 1977077 on pennytel mobile

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

Regarding your question, we'd just wanted to clarify are having issues finding where you make the calls or are you experiencing issues when making your call?

janis
janis

I have no idea what this is about. what sort of number is it anyway. only 7 numbers

Hi Janis,

We have had a look at this number for you. It looks as though this is the number for the Sunrise Cash Cow and can only be accessed via message.

Wed recommend looking at their page for more information.

The Pennytel Team

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives