Verifiedpennytel.com.au

1,317 reviews
Ruth D.
Ruth D.North-West & West coast, TAS3 posts

Abandoning Pennytel

All seemed ok until my credit card changed expiry date for direct debit. When notified my payment failed and immediately rectified with over the phone payment, found out later was charged $10 for late payment. When changing to a different provider recently was charged for a full month. So goodbye Pennytel, not the service I exxpected. Won't be recommending. Show details
Pennytel   DM

Hi Ruth, We are sorry to hear of your experience could you please send a private message with your account number or phone number so we can look into this for you. Thanks Pennytel

MarieC
MarieCSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Anthony
Anthony

Service excellent and stress free

I’ve been with pennytel for couple years now with our mobile phones two days ago ordered an internet connection one phone call and 10 mins is all it took day 2 I’m up and running with internet.
service is brilliant Show reply
Unusual Sandgroper
Unusual SandgroperPerth, WA15 posts
Phillip
Phillip

WHAT HAS GONE WRONG

*Don't send out invoices any more? Raise the price without informing the customer?
Something has changed, can no longer use the web site? Not the same old Pennytel. Show details
Pennytel   DM

Hi Phillip, Could you please send through your account number or mobile number so we can look into this for you? Thanks Pennytel

klubear
klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC64 posts
Duderrrrrrr
Duderrrrrrr22 posts

Pennytel   DM

Good afternoon could you please private message us your mobile number or account number with is so we can look into further for you.

Gina
GinaSydney, NSW2 posts

The best I ever had

Friendly and reliable service. I have even recommended to friends. Show details ·  1
GeoffSouthern and Hills, SA3 posts

Excellent technical support

6.30am yesterday found that we had no landline connection to the internet. Tried the usual "fixes" with no luck. Used my mobile to check NBN and nothing was reported for my area. Rang Pennytel Technical section and got through straight away. Took them 3-4 minutes to check the line and informed me that there was a NBN technical issue in my area and gave me an estimated fix time. The NBN was not back up when I went to bed but I had received 2 calls during the day to see how things were progressing. This morning the service was back up. At approximately 10.30am I received a call from Joe, Technician, to see if everything was ok. Thats service! Show details ·  1
Stephen
Stephen Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC3 posts

NO COVERAGE,NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

For past 6 weeks had no coverage but they still charge us for no service and no coverage. When I called them they couldn’t get it through there thick heads that it was a coverage problem not a phone problem like they were saying.No Customer Service. Had to go to another provider that can give us coverage and had no problems . Would not recommend this company to anyone
jen
jen

Changed billing cycle and ignore my request for a pro rated refund and would not entertain my request

- They changed the billing cycle and did not communicate to customer upfront-customer service is really bad now
- Would not let me terminate with pro rata rate when they can charge us pro rated rate
- Porting to another service now
Pennytel   DM

Hi Jen so we can look into this further for you please provide your account or mobile number. Thanks Pennytel

Freddy
FreddyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pennytel   DM

Hi Freddy I apologise for the experience you had with Pennytel. Please provide us with contact number and we'll have our head of client experience contact you to discuss it further.

Thomas matthewsSydney16 posts

Garbage

Called them up to cancel a plan i didnt want and got a new one but they cancelled my plan randomly ran by people with little to NO experience. Absolute SCAM Show details
Pennytel   DM

Hi Thomas please provide your contact number or account number and we'll give you a call to discuss it as we can't find an account under your name.

Paul Foster
Paul Foster

Excellent Product

The product meets all my requirements and there have been no problems with the service. Show details ·  1
RogerW
RogerWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Professionalism to the Highest Standard

Thank you very much to all for your professional communication and help during my phone problem over the past 2-3 weeks. Show reply

Larry Corcoran

The Pennytel Mobile Ph service is backed by Telstra but is it the same as the Telstra service for 4g we do country trips and wonder if we will have the same service as say a Telstra Customer.

Larry Corcoran

How much short of the Telstra network coverage are you?

Mal Y

I have been with Pennytel since it’s inception. Referred many friends. I refuse to give them my credit card for direct debit of my account but instead pay directly to their bank account. It costs them nothing to accept my payment but they have now decided to charge me $2 a month for my trouble. I won’t give them a card because I have had services in the past who help themselves to money they are not entitled to and then I have to spend hours of my time getting refunds. If this tax is not refunded and scrapped very soon, I will take my business elsewhere and recommend to all who will listen the reason why.

Geoff

We use direct debit for Pennytel for the Internet and two mobiles. Initially we paid on the invoice but after 2-3 months went over to direct debit. We pay most accounts this way, and honestly, we have had no issues.

Pennytel   DM

Hi Mal , Please private message us your mobile or account number so we can look into this for you.

Hi Geoff
Do those other accounts you pay charge $2 each time as Pennytel do.

MariaMaree

Does pennytel rollover unused data, and can i use apps?

Thomas matthews

Yes they use data banking

Your plan will now include data banking. A feature which allows you to rollover any data you don’t use into the next month, up to a maximum of 500GB*.

But I believe it depends on your plan

Thans for your reply.
I'm interested in the10GB Mobile plan

About Pennytel

Pennytel is a mobile and NBN service provider that has been in operation since 2007 and has been offering low data plans in all Australian regions since 2013. Their mission is to give Australians mobile and NBN services that are simple to use, represent great value, and have great coverage.

Some features of Pennytel mobile plans include:

• SIM-only plans on the Telstra network.
  • No lock-in contracts.
  • Plans ranging from $10.99 to $69 a month, where you can choose between 1GB and 100GB of data.

Internet plans don’t have lock-in contracts either, and range from $39.99 a month for 100GB to $99 a month for unlimited data, large file sharing, and a typical evening speed of 100Mbps.

You can also bundle mobile and Internet plans for a discount.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that changing to Pennytel from a different provider was a seamless, fuss-free experience.
  • They also found that the network coverage and connection was reliable and didn’t drop out, with speeds meeting their needs and expectations.
  • Reviewers appreciated the competitive prices of the plans available, saying that they represented great value for money. A few reviewers also noted that the lack of hidden costs made the plans even more appealing.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers