4.3

kleegwater

kleegwaterAU

Pretty good

Reliable speedy internet. Much better than my previous provider. Nil dropouts at home, which was the issue with the previous provider. Good network coverage and a decent amount of data.

AussieSteve

AussieStevebrisbane

Terrible customer service

I complained that I was receiving lots of scam calls and pennytel wouldn't do anything to help me stop them. They wanted to charge me to change my phone number. Pennytel also overcharged me several times and their customer service is terrible.

Richard

RichardSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed!

Unlike the excellent connectivity experience with Telstra prior to switching to Pennytel, the mobile connection is now unreliable anywhere on the property, including in the living room and non-existent in the bedroom and elsewhere. Dropouts are the norm such that I cannot use the mobile without, in frustration, switching to the landline to continue or complete conversations. The phone I am using is a Samsung Galaxy A30 and have no reason to suspect it is the phone causing the problem

Find out how Pennytel compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Excellent price third of my previous service.

It was so easy to change and everything has gone well since. The service is great and I get everything that I needed and more I am very happy especially with the price.

Included Data per Month4 GB
Tanya

TanyaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Pennytel is a great telco

I am happy with the mobile connection, there are no drop outs, download speed is good. Since with Pennytel, I recommended my friends, and they are also now satisfied customers.

Plan Cost per MonthA$11.00

Very pleased I found Pennytel

I am very happy with this new carrier, Pennytel. The rates are far more competitive to all other pre-paid services. I have even recommended Pennytel to my friends and one even switched today. The only complaint I have had is that in our area, Telstra has been working on the lines twice since my signing up, and this has caused me to have little to no service for a few days. Inconvenient, but not really Pennytel's fault. Otherwise I'm very pleased with the value for money.

Greg

GregSydney Surrounds, NSW

Happy with service and invoices

Some dropouts in Yellow Rock but overall am happy as I was with Telstra before and prices kept going up all the time and they changed plans without telling me. With Pennytel its easy and straightforward

Greg

GregRivett 2611, ACT

Good no fuss service delivery and billing.

Geographic coverage has been good and reliable. Billing has been painless and service quality perfect. Very happy with my move to Pennytel and look forward to continued high service levels.

Tracy

TracyWestern District, VIC

Glad I started using Pennytel

I am so happy thst I switched Pennytel I have had no problems with the coverage and it was effortless to start using. It has a great range of affordable plans on offer.

yawood

yawoodMELBOURNE

No complaints at all

I looked for a great service at a good price and I found it in Pennytel. I was with Telstra because of their coverage but they kept putting the price of my plan up so I looked for better value. Pennytel use part of the Telstra network so the coverage is good for the main corridors and their plans are great value which is important for pensioners. We have a smaller plan for my wife and a larger one for me because I run some competitions at the golf club and need more data. We have had zero problems and the switch was very easy.

Phil

PhilCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Professional provider

I chose Pennytel primarily because of price however as a suggestion moving forward, perhaps some advice regarding the implementation of a 5G network would be helful. Until then quite happy.

Plan Cost per MonthA$44.00
Ella M.Pennytel

I am impressed with the service

I have no hesitation recommending Pennytel. It is pleasing to be treated as an important customer despite taking the $10.99 p.m. deal. No problems with coverage or drop-outs. I do not use date, so I cannot rate speed.

Allison W.

Allison W.South West, WA

Fantastic service

Everything is going well, no major black spots locally and download speed great. Travelled to Albany last week and there were a few areas that I lost coverage, but expect this would apply to all mobile coverage.

Nelly

NellyHunter Region, NSW

Happy

I have been very happy with Pennytel. The coverage has been great. Just did a trip out west and had coverage the majority of time. Much better coverage where I live than my previous provider. Download time is good too.

Included Data per Month4 GB
Mark

MarkSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536

Telstra Network poor in Surf Beach 2536
Coverage was better with Optus
Oddly enough signal appears to be boosted on weekends
Very happy with plan cost only $16 per month
Thirty words woo hoo

Plan Cost per MonthA$16.00

Waleed

WaleedSydney, NSW

Horrible Customer service

Horrible Customer service, the response to simple disputes can take months and still unresolved.
Also, overcharge for roaming charges and totally ignorant of how such service works!
This now has to be escalated to TIO.

Plan Cost per MonthA$30.00
Included Data per Month0 GB

Very satisfied

Very satisfied. Transfer to Pennytel was seamless. Coverage (in Brisbane anyway) is just as good as with Telstra. Have not had any issue with dropouts or download speeds - very rarely use data anyway,

Bob Bishop

Bob Bishop

So far so good

At East Bowral (Alice Ave) we only see Telstra 3G @ 2 bars, not 4G as in town. We understand there We understand that there was an upgrade recently but we have not seen it.

vrxbeachboy

Not to bad but reception could improve.

The cost is ok and transfer was easy. However it seems like the reception is worse on Pennytel than regular telstra. It seems like the bandwidth for data and the signal strength are both limited on the telstra re sellers networks such as Pennytel I can easily compare this as I have a regular telstra sim card in my phone for work. I understand that the bandwidth should be limited but having the calls drop out due to what appears to be a lesser signal strength is very annoying but I guess you get what you pay for.

Acc:735859 Quakers Hill / Schofields NSW, Thanks

Peter D

Peter DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

PennyExcellence!!

The transition to Pennytel was no problem at all. Had a problem with my phone but Pennytel support staff were very good in assisting us. The coverage has been great while we've been with Pennytel, much better than our old Optus coverage. Couldn't be happier.. saving money and great coverage!

Plan Cost per MonthA$15.99

Case Van Tatenhove

Case Van Tatenhoveasked

I am on a Kogan plan which expires in two weeks. I dropped my phone and need a new one plus I want to keep my number Can you help or suggest

Russ Grayasked

G'day, very interested in bringing two mobile numbers to Pennytel, we have our own handsets. 1) after agreeing with you on packages what else do we have to do ? 2) can we change packages at any time ? 3) whats involved in arranging international roaming? 4) do you accept Amex card ?. Thanks. Russ.

GregP
GregP

Ask Pennytel !!!

Thought I had?????!!!!

Hi Russ,

Please contact our friendly team on 1300 232 888 and they would be able to answer all of your questions.

Kind Regards

Alanasked

How do I sort out a problem when the phone dos not work and I cant log in and your password reset dos not work

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

If you are able to send us a message with your account details and a short description of the issue, we’d be happy to look into this for you and see what we are able to do to resolve this for you.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Alan

I have no 3G connection I can not receive or make calls. I can not call you to fix the problem, I can not reset my password. I have been waiting now for over 26 hours and have finally received a response telling me to weighting over an hour a go now. I have a Telstra booster displaying 4 to 5 bars and none on my phone I have tried a different phone, same crap. I have a 91 year old mother with miled dim ensure 2200 km away that I have not been able to ring for 2 weeks and I don't know whether she is alive or dead. I have a business that has ground to a stop and I get no response to fix the problem.

account 735956

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers