Moose Mobile

Country coverage no probs

I live in Dubbo NSW and have had no problems with Moose coverage - better than when I was with Optus. Had no issues travelling either. Don't waste your money on "brand name" services. Moose Mobile for me.

Plan Cost per Month: $19.00

This Company Is The Best Rates

. My Wife Is With Telstra. She Will Changing When Here Contract Ends. There Are No drop Outs.The Network Has My Complete Support. I Hope The Public Is Well Informed Of This.

Included Data per Month:0 GB

Great value for money

The network is reliable. Occasional dropout but not a big problem. Download speeds good. I am pleasantly surprised at efficiency and when dealing over phone staff have been extremely helpful.

So far, pretty good

The process to sign up was simple, received sim cards no dramas. My only real issue was that the guidance on switchover time from previous SP to Moose and keeping my number was varied depending on where I read it - and I really don't understand why the turnaround time from Optus to an SP that uses the Optus network takes longer than from anyone else. Although as I am leaving Optus, I shouldn't be surprised given they are categorically the worst SP on this planet so no doubt something to do with them and their crap services/processes. So anyway, I put the new sim in at 4.30pm, processing was supposed to start immediately since that was between the recommended 9-6pm window, and should've taken 12 hours (although I did read somewhere up to 24 hours, but my expectation was 12 as had seen that in multiple publications) but I wasn't up and running until the following day at 11.15am which was quite annoying...

Other than that, Moose: cheaper, more efficient and so far, pretty good and above all, thank God I don't have to suffer from high blood pressure at the thought of dealing with Optus any more, ever again.

EXCELLENT SERVICE

No dropouts but I haven't tested it in the country areas. Perfectly happy with the coverage.
Price is so much cheaper with unlimited calls and texts. My husband changed over to an even cheaper deal. Great, thank you.

Plan Cost per Month: $14.95
Included Data per Month:1.5 GB

Much better than our last provider

We live in a rural area and the coverage from our last provider was often very limited, friends would try to ring but couldnt get through. We switched to Moose and are very pleased with the reception and service. The number changeover was quite fast and customer service is very efficient. I gave 4 stars because occasionally the reception drops out, mostly good. Overall I'm glad we switched.

Plan Cost per Month: $29.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB
Thanks for the review, johnsonb21! Great to see your reception has seen an improvement since your change to Moose. The Optus network is ever expanding, so hopefully any dropouts will be few and far between in the future.

Disappointing service

The reception is often poor in the CBD. The network coverage is unreliable. The Connection keeps dropping out. It shows SOS on the phone. And sometimes 3G instead of 4G on the screen. Data down load speed is variable.

Included Data per Month:1 GB
Hi Peggy, Thanks for letting us know about your experience so far. You definitely shouldn't be receiving such poor reception in any capital city CBDs. It seems like there might be an issue with your phone's network settings. Sometimes when you start using another network with your phone it's necessary to do a network settings reset, which reallocates the correct APNs necessary to properly connect to the mobile network. We recommend following the steps outlined in the link below in order to do so. https://support.moosemobile.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360000104295-How-do-I-reset-the-network-settings-on-my-phone Please let us know if these steps alleviate the issue in any way, as there are a number of potential fixes that we could assist with in order to get your service up and running at full capacity. We look forward to hearing back from you. Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Amazing customer service! Great value for money!

Optus connection is pretty good no dramas there. Sometimes connection drops but that’s just the area I live in. Heaps of data for a great price. Prices of plans did drop and the company were able to drop my price of my plan as well which was amazing for me! Local company with great customer service!

Included Data per Month:10 GB
Thanks for the kind words of recommendation, Aimee. No dramas is what we like to hear from our customers. Welcome to Moose!

internet data

I signed up for a phone plan and also internet data.

I seemed a good deal would cost me less for more data than my current provider.

But it was used up real quick and then I was charged for the extra data, which ended up costing me more than my current provider, so I cancelled and went back to my current provider.

I still have the phone plan and happy with that.

Plan Cost per Month: $0.00
Hi Teresa, Thanks for leaving your feedback regarding your experience with Moose. We're sorry to see you go, but if you do ever find yourself interested in joining Moose once again there are a few ways you can keep a keen eye on your data usage. Both our usage notifications at 50%, 85%, and 100%, we well as our handy mobile app can be used to manage your data quite effectively. Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Awesome.

I was with Amaysim, the trouble I had was I wasn't getting text messages straight away. Sometimes they would come about a week later, which wasn't useful. Now I am receiving text messages quicker.

Local Reception
Thanks for the review, Poodle!

Absolutely Brilliant

Had this plan for about 4 weeks, received the sim on normal post in about 2 days. Had bit of a drama registering the sims as we ordered two. Spoke to a person on the phone who assured me both sims were activated, but the next day only one had been activated. Activated the second sim online and 2 hours later all good.
Very much recommend the plan we are on $14 post paid. Really good coverage and very high quality phone call voices.

Included Data per Month:3 GB
Great to hear your services are all up and running as normal, Chook. Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Moose!

Excellent service

It was great talking to aussies in Brisbane setting up and connecting. Only service which allows bpay and EFT. Only down side is after hours you are NOT talking to Aussies and have the language barrier.

Plan Cost per Month: $14.00
Thanks for choosing Moose, Allan!

Great value!

Very good service and value and everything was up and running within the hour. Changed my service over from Vodaphone as I wasn't happy with the value and Highly reccommend this company!

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Included Data per Month:10 GB
Thanks for recommending us so highly, Imo!

Excellent value and great support

All I needed was a simple phone service with a small amount of data for occasional email checking and basic internet access at a reasonable price. Surprising how few companies provide this and those who do can be difficult to get connected. Moose was great to get set up and when I needed help with message bank got fast effective support.

Included Data per Month:1 GB
Thanks for the kind words on our customer support, Graham!

Excellent service

I'm so glad my husband and I changed to Moose for our mobile phone services. The changeover was seamless and we have good coverage.
Moose even let us know when we have used fifty percent of our monthly allowance. We couldn't be happier.

Included Data per Month:1.5 GB
We're happy if you're happy, Colleen. Thanks for choosing Moose!

Great deal and service

After a very bad customer service experience with Optus I switched to Moose,the changeover was painless and I am saving about $50 per month for exactly the same service.I have only experienced dropouts rarely and the download speeds are more than sufficient.Overall I am completely satisfied with my decision to change to Moose

Included Data per Month:10 GB
Thanks for choosing Moose, Gary! Great to see that you're saving $50 a month with your new mobile plan. A dollar saved is a dollar earned!

tried moose as my phone requiremnet are little great price

not disapointed use internet infrequently but the service in all respects has been great
as i use the cheapest plan i can only assume the higher plans are the same great value and service

Included Data per Month:1.5 GB
Thanks for the review, fptr!its easy to give a good review when the service is good love the app too uncomplicated simple and shows info straight away wish i had put that in the reviewIt's great that you're also enjoying the app, fptr. Others are certain to see your comment as well, so thanks for the kind words!

great value and service

Put my son on a Moose mobile plan and very happy so far with all aspects. Great value compared to other providers and no issues at all to date. I would recommend Moose mobile especially for parents looking at a good phone plan for their children.

Included Data per Month:1 GB
Thanks for the great recommendation, Rod! Glad to see your son's service is meeting his needs. Thanks for choosing Moose!

Overcharged first month

Problems with sporadically not receiving texts, so people think I am being rude. Bigger problems on the first bill. Charged for a late payment on PRE PAID, how can I be charged late on pre paid. That is the idea of it, no surprise charges. Starting to loose faith in product review, how and why do they have a rating so high.

Plan Cost per Month: $40.00
Included Data per Month:10 GB
Hi Hendo, Sorry to hear your experience with us wasn't quite as expected. In relation to your Late Payment Fee we don't have prepaid recharge options instead we use a monthly invoice system where we provide customers 8 days credit before they have to pay for their current months access fee if this is not paid by the due date as stated this will incur a Late Payment Fee, as a new customer you may not have fully understood how our system works so as a courtesy we will be happy to credit a one of Late Fee charge. Can you please private message us with your details so we can apply the credit as well as look into your SMS issues with the Optus Network Team. Kind regards, Moose Mobile SupportYou say that here, but I am yet to get any response from your actual accounts (aside from automated), so I have no idea if this is true or not. It says a lot when you respond when a complaint gets escalated to product review, quickly, when the original complaint gets no response. Not having pre paid is laughable, we get pre paid because teleco's in this country are a scam and not to be trusted. My first experience (accidental..misled??) back off pre paid proves that point. As far as a private message with my details, a search on your own system should be able to find me, unless of course you are inundated. You did me for $15, good for you, I will leave it at that and leave a bad taste that I won't quickly forget.Hi Hendo, We handle 1000's of support requests via email and phone daily but we cannot locate you in our system using your Product Review user name so to help us investigate this matter further if you could kindly email us at admin@moosemobile.com.au and Type Hendo with your mobile phone number it would be really appreciated. Kind Regards Moose Mobile Support

The best deal ever

I changed to moose from another big company. Moose saves me $8 per month with 3 times data and unlimited calls. The customer service is great. They always answer my calls immediately and the staff is very friendly (whereas the previous company made me wait for a long time on phone and not be able to solve my problem, just saying you have to bring your ID to our store...). I am happy with Moose and I just changed to 12-months contract with them. Highly recommend.

Included Data per Month:3 GB
Thanks for recommending us, Doris. We're happy if you're happy!

What r the fixed line plans costs?
Hi Rob, We only provide mobile plans at Moose Mobile, so there's no option to purchase a fixed-line plan to your home phone. If you're after every and any cost you might run into with our plans you can take a look at our 'Critical Information Summaries' using the link below. These documents show any relevant information regarding each of our currently available plans. https://moosemobile.com.au/criticalinformationsummaries Please let us know if you had any other questions regarding what kinds of services we offer here at Moose. We'll be happy to answer! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Supportthanks

Hi Will you some day consider having roll over of unused data when all is not exhaustive into the following month like some other telcos do? Also I notice you only have $300 call credit to your $29 no contract plan or same for the $33 12 month contract plan. Will you ever be considering to have on the lower plans from say $19 plans to have say $100 call credit? Sometimes a quick call is a lot easier than texting.
Hi INQ001, Thanks for your questions. While we currently have no plans to implement data rollover, it's always a possibility going into the future. However, at the moment the reason why we can keep our pricing so competitive is due to the simplicity of our plans, and implementing data rollover would affect this. Regarding your second question, international call inclusions depend on what kind of wholesale deal we can make with Optus. Currently they are providing international calls on our higher plans, but we're unable to add these inclusions onto our lower plans without changing the pricing due to the lack of wholesale inclusions. Please let us know if you had any other questions regarding our service. We'll be happy to help. Kind regards, Moose Mobile SupportThank you for your response, when our current plans comes to its end we will reconsider Moose Mobile. I like the fact that customer support is local and it’s pricing is very competitive to the others. I only have a mobile data plan with Moose Mobile it does suits our needs well for now.

Are you able to keep your existing phone number on a month by month plan?
Yup you can. The following webpage from their website has a little more information on how this is done. https://support.moosemobile.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360000009696-Can-I-keep-transfer-port-my-mobile-phone-number-Thanks a lot

Similar listings