Moose Mobile

Pros

• Uses the Optus 4G Plus and Optus 3G Networks

• No minimum term or lock-in contracts

• Flexible payment options on a range of mobile and data-only plans

Bill M.

Bill M.South East Queensland, QLD

All good, great coverage, no dropouts. Recommend as good price and great service :) bla bla bla. It is a great service but I cannot write 30 words to describe this service

Steve B

Steve BMelbourne

Moose Magic

Network coverage has been solid and the internet works effectively. Seems to be the best value for money around. Highly recommend, particularly for your younger people. Great value and you are not locked in for a long time either.

Arkady B.

Arkady B.

Was expecting this would be more reliable

The network coverage seem to be quite poor. Being in Sydney metropolitan area (Waterloo) i have problems finding network in many spots. Connect/disconnect time is quite bad too - it might take a good 5-7 minutes for the mobile device (iphone 11) to find the network and connect to when im outta the underground parking.

The major benefit of Moose - its cheap. You get what you pay for. Otherwise consider something either based on Telstra, or connect directly with Optus/Telstra bypassing the shim providers.

The overall rating and the number of positive comments make me feel these mainly paid or fake.

Jarrad

Jarrad

Shaking up the mobile market and offering great deals

Great price and coverage. I can't complain about anything. More people should switch off the big telcos and join. I get 18GB for $21.80 (No contract). No hidden fees or surprises.

Luo

Luo

Great value, good services and quick delivery

I was skeptical at the beginning as never heard of Moose moble before. So decided to give it a go. It's good value among all other brands, receptions are always great. Lucky we decied to try it at the first place.

Easy. Affordable. No issues.

Have not had one issue, no dropouts. Runs off Optus. Data downloads are super fast. Quick and easy sign up. Would recommend to anybody. So happy, saving so much money.

Great service. really smooth transition porting over and no hick ups so far keep up the good work :)

Network coverage good
To be honest this review method is probably the most annoying thing about the moose Mobile experience so far because it won’t let you put a review of less than 30 words.
Bit lame I think.

kathellisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good value but limited customer orientation

Alan Foster

Alan Foster

Excellent Provider

Very helpful people with a great economic plans to suit; my wife and I have not had a single problem since switching to Moose. No dropouts, download speeds are fine.

Sarah H.

Sarah H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Would highly recommend!

After such a nightmare experience with another company, I am so happy with Moose mobile. My sim card arrived earlier than expected and when it came time to setting it up, it was done within 2 minutes. The easiest experience I've had with new SIM cards! The coverage has been fantastic and the cheaper rates Moose offer is amazing. I have been recommending Moose to so many people and will continue doing so.

Ron W.

Ron W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is definitely the best supplier going.

We are currently with Telstra for our broadband but not real happy, will swap over to Moose as soon as our current contract expires. I have found Moose to be extremely helpful and an actual person as well to speak to which is an added bonus

Chris

ChrisSunshine Coast, Qld

Australian owned Telco - Moose Mobile.

Am liking Moose Mobile which uses Optus, is good to know I can contact customer service if any issues, is a month by month so not locked in phone signal coverage is not good where I live but that applies to opposition to, was simple set up and like monthly bill for the month not some strange situation where the month starts in the middle of the month with others, would like to have data that runs out or reduces to a minimum amount once the data is used so no extra surprise bills or data rollover. No credit card charges either.

Suzee Kew

Suzee KewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lucky to have found you!! Game changer to say the least !! Very happy

Sooooo great!! No fuss / great value / easy communication - straight through to Australian operators - easy to understand .. Eager to help and no miscommunication or having to explain everything 6 times ... Love love love

DBFSydney

Excellent Australian Based Provider

Extremely happy with MOOSE
Excellent network coverage. We left our previous provider for lack of coverage and difficulty with support based on sub continent. Moose customer support is based in Australia and very easy to contact and the service from then is tops. The mobile plans are extremely reasonable. Very pleased with Moose.
DF

DBF

Easy to communicate with support staff.

DBF

The support team are very obliging and informative. Easy to sign up on the phone with them after receiving your sim.

Glad I made the switch

I switched to Moose Mobile from my previous provider whom I've been with for decades. I was looking for timely customer service, range of plans and decent reception coverage. Moose Mobile has satisfied all 3x areas. I have reduced my phone costs by 50%.

Excellent service

Great being able to talk to friendly & helpful staff who resolve issues promptly!
Quite a contrast with a certain dominant telco who were (ironically) incommunicado more often than not. Thumbs up.

shar6544

shar6544Gippsland, VIC

Great value.

Although l have been with Moose for a short time l haven't had a single problem. I couldn't believe the great value for my money. Very happy. Thanks Moose. I can see myself sticking with Moose for a very long time. Cheers Sue

Marianne X.

Marianne X.South East Queensland, QLD

Great service. Great value.

Gregory L.

Gregory L.Perth, WA

Faultless.

Never a single blip that isn't due to network-wide issues. And that was just once. Excellent reliability and value. Can't comment on customer service performance as happily I've had no need to call upon it.

Fantastic value

Switched over a few months ago from an overpriced mobile Telstra plan to a Moose plan which is 4 times cheaper with double the data. Never had any problems and coverage is excellent (NSW). Kept my number and the switch-over was done by Moose in a couple of hours. 10/10.

Bob Newmanasked

How I have just switched over from Telstra to Moose today. When I was with Telstra all of my messages came as written texts or in audio format, which meant no more calling 101 to retrieve messages. Does Moose offer this service so i do not have to ring 321 to retrieve massage? If so how do I set it up on my Samsung S10e, please? Thank you in advance. Cheers Bob.

Innes Creighton
Innes Creighton

Sorry Bob,I use my mobile only for emergencies.I can't answer your question.

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately we don't have the voice to text or visual voicemail services that Telstra has, so if you'd like to listen to your voicemail message you will need to call 321 each time.

If these features do become available to our customers in the future we'll be sure to let you know ahead of time.

Lexieasked

Just wondering if Moose Mobile was going to offer the use of eSim cards? I want to be able to use my Samsung smart watch independant of having to have my phone on me at all times. If so, any idea on when this might become available? Thanks.

Hi Lexie,

While eSIM is definitely something we'd like to support, it's not currently available for wholesalers on the Optus network, only Optus themselves.

That being said, as the technology becomes more widespread and accessible, there's a good chance we'll be offering eSIM support in the future. Currently there's no ETA on this product, but when it does become available we'll be sure to let our customers know ahead of time.

Lexie

Thank you very much for replying to my query. Much appreciated.

Rabin A.

Rabin A.asked

Can I send and receive SMS via VoWi-Fi?

Hi Rabin,

Currently the VoWiFi feature from Optus only provides calling over a WiFi network. SMS and MMS will still require a connection to the mobile network.

However, you'll still be able to use internet only chatting apps and platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Skype, etc, while connected to your WiFi as an alternative if you aren't connected to your local tower. However, in most instances, you'll always have enough coverage to send and receive SMS and MMS.

Get an answer from our members and Moose Mobile representatives

Options with Moose Mobile:

• Offers a range of post-paid options, so you effectively only pay for the data, calls and texts that you’ve used in that month
  • Offers SIM-only plans and data-only plans, both of which are available in either month-to-month (no contract) and 12-month contract options
  • Data-only plans don’t include any calls or text, making them suitable for a tablet or laptop, but not a mobile phone
  • Month-to-month plans start from $8.80 for 1GB of data, and are capped at $46.80 for 50GB of data
  • 12-month plans start at $14 for 5GB for data, capped at $46 for 70GB of data

Points of praise for Moose Mobile:

• Reliable network coverage was provided by Moose Mobile, with several reviewers happy that there were ‘no dropouts’
  • Tremendous value for money meant that many reviewers were overjoyed they saved so much money, without compromising on the quality of their mobile phone service, or on what they received as part of it. One review is aptly titled: ‘Twice the data at half the price.’
  • Customers appreciated that they weren’t hit with a huge bill at the end of the month for data, calls and texts that they didn’t use
  • Customer service was considered outstanding, with short wait times on the phone, and high quality assistance provided by staff working from within Australia

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Moose Mobile helps you talk the talk, and it also walks the walk. Taking out the top spot in its category, Moose Mobile is the 2021 Award Winner for Best Mobile Phone Service Provider. Its top performing areas were outstanding value for money and excellent customer service.

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers