Moose Mobile

Great... but

I signed Moose Mobile a year before and all good until now. I never contacted the customer service for any reasons because I don't get any problems such as network issues etc...

Today, I requested the customer service to upgrade my plan to the next level. They said I have to wait until the next billing period which is another 17 days to go. I have to call international numbers hence I requested. I also not worried about losing money from the current plan but they rejected. Now, I'm moving to another provider.

I enjoyed thoroughly with Moose Mobile and may be back in future.

Good
Good
Local Reception
Good
Good
Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $25.00
Included Data per Month:5 GB
Hi kathir77, Thanks for lovely review! It's great to hear your past 12 months with Moose has been a positive experience. Unfortunately, while we would love to fulfil your request for a plan change, there are certain limitations when it comes to how we can upgrade and downgrade plans on the network. Because Optus provides certain plans to Moose in calendar month blocks, we're required to make sure customers have their billing cycles line up to these blocks to prevent any issues. Attempting to force a change part way through a billing cycle would cause more damage to your plan and bill than if you were to wait until your new billing cycle started, and this is why our policy exists. Importantly, while you might not be able to use any international call credit while you wait for a plan change, every Moose plan comes with free international SMS and MMS, so you can still contact your friends and family overseas. If you're after some more specific information about plan changes and billing cycles, please send us a private message and we can try our best to explain further. Thanks for the great feedback and review. We hope to see you again in the future! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

So far so good - easy switch

Signed up Sat, had mail Wed (normal delivery). Activated SIM Thurs 5.30pm online and had connectivity 9.20am next morning. Communication good, off hands on boarding easy. Let's see from here.

Local Reception
Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $0.00
Included Data per Month:0 GB
Thanks for the review, AineMhaire! We're always happy to hear that the switch was easy and hassle free for our customers.Actually a quick update : thought I had connectivity but turns out that was only for calls. Called customer service after 12hours, couldnt have been more helpful. Some issue with how Optus had done the porting out. Problem fixed.Thanks for the update, AineMhaire. We very much appreciate the kind words on our customer service team's effort to get your service up and running. Thanks for choosing Moose!

Good online, hands off onboarding

Moose has a great 30$ a month 15gb unlimited calls text month to month plan.
Perfect for me. Onboarding was great but the only thing that was unclear was how to activate my sim.
Perhaps include an "activate sim" button on the login homepage at https://moosemobile.com.au/secure/account_overview so your new users wont have to google "moose active sim"

Thanks for the great feedback, Ihsan! We're always looking to make quality of life improvements to our website, so I'll pass along your suggestion to the web devs for their perusal. Thanks again!

I am completely satisfied with Moose Mobile

My network coverage is very reliable, no problems with it at all.I haven’t had any drop outs.
My data download speed is plenty for me at this time.

Great to see you're 100% satisfied with your service, Gwen. Many thanks for the recommendation from everyone here at Moose!

Excellent service at very competitive price.

Have not noticed any reliability issues with network coverage. Speed of download sufficient for my use. Great to be able to talk to support person in Australia.

Thanks for the lovely feedback, Keith. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

SO FAR SO GOOD

So far I cannot fault them - I am a hard customer to please at times! SIM posted out very quickly, I delayed connecting and received a courtesy call each month,. When I asked to increase plan and chose date to port number across - was carried out seamlessly.Communication good. Reception has been good so far.

Great to hear you're enjoying the service so far, Shona. Thanks for choosing Moose Mobile!

Worry free .

Straight forward plan . Good comunication and easy access to information with app or online website plus live operators .
Would recomend to anyone who needs a new reliable provider .

We love the mantra "no worries". Thanks for the great review and recommendation!

Moose is not a goose

Generally, I have no problems with the Moose Mobile network. I have had reception difficulties concerning people not being able to hear me. But not recently. So thank you Moose Mobile. I am happy. Thank you.

Thanks for recommending us, Noel. Glad to see you're happy with your service!

Love the moose

I have found Moose to be very good, no problems with coverage, or drop outs, billing is efficient and excess data is billed at standard rate on the amount used. Not like some that will bill you for a full gig just days before it resets.

Thanks for the lovely review, Rob. It's good to see you're a fan of our excess data policy. It doesn't really make sense to charge someone for a whole GB, so we're happy to provide a service where you only pay for what you use!

Great service and amazing value for money

Very happy with Moose. First the customer service is excellent. Very quick to follow up and answer questions. Secondly, for such a reasonable contract, the actual service is flawless. Call quality is perfect, the 4g coverage is excellent. No issues whatsoever. The data speeds are perfectly acceptable. And for a fraction of the cost of regular providers - can't complain!

Thanks for the great list of compliments, Curtis. We hope you enjoy your time with Moose!

Good choice for mobile contract

I have only moved to Moose during the last few months and I have had no issues whatsoever in that time period. The move from Kogan went through seemlessly and on the same day as I initiated the sim card .I am paying less money for a sim only contract and am now with Optus rather than Vodaphone and I now have more coverage than previously. So far can highly recommend Moose.

Thanks for recommending us, Tess!

Very happy!!

I couldn’t be happier with my new plan. I’d been paying $55 per month for what I’m now paying $19. Coverage has been great and getting set up was easy. Only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner!

We're happy if you're happy, Gayle. Welcome to Moose!

Fantastic experience very pleased with Moose.

I have not had any connection problems and very pleased that I chose to sign up with Moose. No hesitation in recommending Moose to prospective customers.

Thanks for the great review, Wink!

Generally happy with the service but beware of $15 late fee

I have been very happy with my basic Moose Mobile plan so far, and the customer portal is easy to use. However, I got a nasty surprise yesterday when I was hit with a late fee of $15 for paying the invoice by EFT 5 days after the due date. I generally avoid direct debit, because I want to be in full control of my expenses. The invoice does not specify any penalty for late payments, so this is somewhat deceptive conduct. Anyhow, I complained that the fee was unfair, and Moose Mobile kindly reversed it. I have now setup an automated payment for future invoices.

Hi PeCo. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on our service. While we do have late fees, we try our best to let customers know about any extra charges they might incur in multiple ways. Apart from viewing our "Additional Charges" page located on our website by following the link in our footer, we also provide this information in our Critical Information Summaries, which outline everything you need to know about the plan you're about to buy. This Critical Information Summary is available to view on the website, while checking out in the cart, and in a confirmation email we send you after signing up. It's good to see you had a word with our customer service team and had the late fee removed, as we are always happy to hear you out regarding any extra charges you may incur. Thanks for choosing Moose, and we hope you enjoy your time with us! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Quick, efficient and informative service

I have changed my plan twice now and each time I have been offered advice and been informed of my choices. My plan has been altered immediately and efficiently, I cannot fault the service I have received from Moose mobile.

Many thanks for the kind words, Sam. We're always happy to provide advice to customer on what plan best suits them. The last thing we want is for you to be unhappy with your service!

Good value

Pretty happy with Moose. Porting was easy. Coverage good and I believe great value for money. I am on the $14 plan. So far no issues. Thanks moose mobile

Glad to see everything went smoothly, Tall man. Welcome to Moose!

Great value

So far so good and have had no issues with data. Have had a few drop out calls but not too many.

Thanks for reviewing Moose, Annie!

Love it

Very very happy with everything. Sometimes network coverage drops out in clayfield but everywhere else around Brisbane it is fine.

Thanks for the lovely recommendation, Maggie!

Wish I Had Made the Switch Sooner!

I recently switched to Moose Mobile after a glowing recommendation from my parents. The sign-up process and transfer of my existing number was super quick and easy. What drew me in was the impressively cheap prices, but was pleasantly surprised by the excellent customer service as well as good network coverage. I’m on the $9 prepaid service which is perfect for me as I rarely use data and was growing increasingly frustrated with paying over 4 times more with my previous provider for add-ons I did not need! I am very satisfied with my experience so far and I would recommend Moose Mobile without hesitation to anybody looking for a reliable, top-quality provider.

Thanks for coming on board, Dana! It's great to see you were recommended by your parents and are satisfied with your service so far. Feedback like yours is what keeps us going. Many thanks to you and your parents from everyone here at Moose!

If You Are Not With Moose You Are A Goose

Everything works extremely well (Calls, Texts, Data and even Billing) at exceptional rates. What more could you ask for in a mobile service.

Thanks for ditching the geese and joining Moose, Leo!

Hi there, what would happen if I spent all of my data? Am I going to get a auto top up or not? Thanks.

Do you have an option to block apps from being downloaded? Example: Fortnite and Facebook. Do you have capped data usage like Spintel do?
Hi Stav70, Since we only provide a service to a phone and don't have the ability to make changes on them, we can't prevent certain apps from being downloaded using a service we provide. Depending on your phone there might be certain features that allow specific apps from being downloaded. For example, iPhone has a similar feature that you can read about here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4175759 In regards to your second question, we're not able to stop your data at exactly 100% since we're a post-paid service. We do stop data usage at a certain point of excess usage, but this is in order to prevent customers from getting large bills from all of their excess usage spend. Please let us know if you had any further questions on our service. We'll be happy to help! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Can you provide a service at my address? My previous investigations revealed that neither Optus or vodaphone could provide a service to me so I had no option but to go with Telstra.
Hi Chicky Babe, You can check if there is decent Optus reception in your area by using the interactive coverage map on our website here: https://moosemobile.com.au/coverage This is a just a generic Optus coverage map, so you can use a similar map from Optus' website to gauge your potential coverage as well. Simply input your current address and take a look at the coverage rating for your area. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll be happy to help! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Similar listings