George Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent quality and generous size.

Just purchased this at 19:59. Plugged it in and it’s amazing! Love the Bluetooth app. Works like a dream. You can choose the desired temperature on your phone.
I would definitely recommend this product.

Purchased in May 2021 for $589.00.

Never misses a beat!

Purchased in March 2017 for $449.00.

Steve S
Steve SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Simple and it works!!!

While camping, we purchased the fridge/freezer and connected it to our Jeep via the cigarette lighter connection. I liked the fact it was an easy setup. I was worried about draining my car battery and I like the battery checker setting. The only time I got an Err1 code was when the fridge was plugged in, and then I started the car. I suspect there must have been some sort of change in voltage. After a few minutes it reset itself and was happy again. Next purchase will be an extra battery, solar panels and inverter. Really recommend

Purchased in April 2021 at Aidacare Physical store for $599.00.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how ALDI Portable Fridge / Freezer compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Dennie
Dennie

Brilliant appliance

We purchased this portable frig over 3 years ago and have used it a lot for camping, picnics, travelling, taking food to friends’ or relatives’ places for gatherings, etc. It was very good value for money and has performed well. It maintains its temperature well, and we have often used it in Central west NSW during hot weather. We use it on 12V in the car, and 240 V plugged into either a generator or solar power when we’re camping.
Would definitely recommend it.

Purchased in April 2017 at ALDI for $499.00.

Aman
AmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

last year I bought it from Aldi, so on first day I checked it it was working, it's never been used so today I checked it it's not getting cool. Will not recommend

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for $500.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue
Cory Corydoras
Cory CorydorasSydney, NSW

Bought for $399 after big discount

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for $399.00.

Colt W.
Colt W.Far North Queensland, QLD

found this fridge to be just right,looked at many in prices n size,this has great value for money.
suited my purpose perfectly.
Easy clean,easy opp-orations,easy fixes.
Sturdy strong fridge,comes with cover.
But sadly discontinued.

Purchased in April 2020 at private sale for $500.00.

Matt78
Matt78South East Queensland, QLD

Error 6 straight out of the box

After reading these reviews I made the decision to purchase one of these but straight out of the box it showed error 6. It makes you wonder what sort of quality checks are done on these before they leave the factory. I will be asking for my money back & spend a little extra on a decent one that actually works from the start.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI.

Great fridge, very happy so far

Purchased three weeks ago (March 20), along with the portable folding solar panel and battery box (already had a deep cycle battery). Fridge works very well and does everything as advertised. Great on 240v as well as on 12v. My battery lasted FOUR days set at 2deg C.

Purchased in March 2020.

martinmccawley
martinmccawleySydney, NSW

Works well but only for a limited time

We use this a few times a year while camping. We power it up at home before we go (no problems), then in the car en route (typically 3 to 5 hours), then from a battery once at site. It works perfectly well for 3-4 days, but then it starts going into error mode. We use the override function and this refreshes it and it's OK again but only for a few hours. After that this cycle repeats but with decreasing duration of fridge working OK. Ultimately it stops working around 4-5 days. The difference in power consumption relating to the ambient temperature is as you would expect, suggesting that the insulation is decent, although not as good as a top-level fridge. So overall, mixed feelings.

Rusty pipes and leaking gas

The pipes inside this fridge are mild steel. You’d be lucky to get longer than 4 years from this rubbish. Rusty pipes and leaking gas. I’d advise for all to stay away.

Purchased in January 2017 for $499.00.

Ben
BenNortheast, VIC

used it 3 times, now it wont keep temp and goes into error mode. have tried many times to reset but it just does the same thing, Very disappointing as we are going away and need it.

Purchased in March 2018.

tim
timSydney, NSW

5 star fridge with the same compressor as the big guys

Purchased in January 2015 at ALDI for $440.00.

Terrible value for momey

Purchased April 2017 and stored it in my shed powered off. First and second camping trips it worked fine although the current draw was a little high. Third trip plugged it into the power and the display started flashing, the motor did not come on or the light. Very disappointed/.

Purchased at ALDI for $499.00.

Debby
DebbySydney, NSW

Was great for 4 years! Now Er1 showing and not working

We purchased this camping fridge from Aldi about 4 years ago- we'd seen too many Engels get stolen in camping grounds and felt it was safer to have a less expensive model!
It was a great fridge for about 4 years but has suddenly started reading Er1 and not working. Would I buy one again- probably not. It cost about $450 but really to be used for less than 6 weeks a year it should have lasted longer.

Purchased in October 2015 for $450.00.

Mackasked
Adventuridge Portable Fridge Freezer 65L (Apr 2019, Mar 2020, Mar 2021)

How do you switch the LED lights on and off?
Nothing in the manual.
Thanks!

George

Hey Mack. There is no switch. If they don’t turn on when you power it up, it must be faulty.

Mack

Thanks George, appreciate the quick reply. It’s only 1 day old so I’ll give the help line a call.

SimonWasked
Adventuridge Portable Fridge Freezer 65L (Apr 2019, Mar 2020, Mar 2021)

Are these fridges genuinely reliable, what is there life span and how much power do they use?

Chris

I've had mine a couple of years and have used it fairly heavily. Had no problems. The current draw is about 2.5Ah but it depends very much on the ambient temperature. I'd say that the insulation isn't as good as with a premium brand like Engel, ARB or Dometic but you get what you pay for. I have a 50L Dometic fridge that draws about half the current of the Aldi.

SimonW

No worries for your information cheers mate much appreciated

Jono
Jonoasked

Help!!!
I’ve been away caravanning for the last 2 months and my adventuridge fridge/freezer has just suddenly started playing up. Whilst it is set to -20 degrees, it is suddenly only cooling to 0 degrees, regardless of what I set the temp at. I’ve tried switching it on and off and changing temperature settings without any change. The fridge is outside in the shade connected to power and I’m careful not to leave it in areas which are too hot. Any ideas what to do? Or is it just a device fault? We are on the road for the next 5 months, often remote, so need the issue resolved ASAP

See all ALDI Portable Fridge / Freezer questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Portable Fridge / Freezer

Compare all 3 ALDI Portable Fridge / Freezer
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $499.00$599.00$499.00
Type Dual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + Freezer
Capacity40L65L41L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall Outlet
FeaturesDigital Display Panel and Mobile AppDigital Display Panel, Interior Light, Removable Lid and USB Port
Cooling Capacity-22 °C to +6 °C-18 °C to +10 °C
  • 28 Mar 2020
  • 17 Mar 2021
  • 17 Mar 2018
  • 29 Sep 2018
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Construction MaterialPlasticAluminium and SteelAluminium and Plastic