3.2

Brett and JodieHunter Region, NSW

Absolute CRAP Unit and CRAP Service

Purchased at Jesmond Aldi for A$599.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Dinky Di

"Return it for a refund" ALDI model falls apart: 5 Year In Home Warranty not working

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for A$599.00.

Home Insulation Level Good

Didn't last 3 years

We had purchased this unit in October 2014 but didn't have it installed till Novenmber 2016. The motherboard has now gone in it after only 3 years use. They will not honour the warranty even though it is only a couple of months out of warranty. Don't waste your money on Aldi crap. Aircons should last alot longer than 4 years

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how ALDI Split System Air Conditioners compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

UpYours

UpYoursCanberra 2600, ACT

Great Air-Con

Purchased in February 2017 at ALDI for A$450.00.

Home Insulation Level Poor
Room Type Large Bedroom
Deb W

Deb WSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst Warranty service ever

I purchased my Stirling air conditioner a couple of years ago. Stopped working at the beginning of December 2019. Contacted Tempo they said repair man would contact me within 2 days. No one called. Contacted Tempo again 7 days later they gave me the repair guys phone number. I called him, he stated he couldnt help me. Called Tempo back, they brushed me off and offered me the cost I paid for the unit. What about the money I paid to get this unit installed $800. Never ever will I buy one of these units again. Absolute Crap and so is the Warranty...

Purchased in November 2017 for A$599.00.

Home Insulation Level Not sure
Room Type Small Bedroom
Paul G.

Paul G.

Rubbish

Absolute rubbish. The unit failed after 8 months, E0 error. Contacted Stirling about warranty they replied asking for details which I gave them and then never heard from them again.

Jeff

JeffIllawarra, NSW

good air conditioner with great warranty service

The AC works well it just has a slightly long delay before it operates. Had slight issue with outside unit power board which was resolved without any issues by Tempo. Great company to deal with.

Purchased in October 2016 at ALDI for A$599.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom
niesette

niesetteSydney, NSW

Aircon does the job

1. This site conditioner works well and hats up house when left on during the day.
2. It's easy to navigate the controls for it, although the timer controls can be a bit temperamental at times.
3. So far or air conditions had keep us seasonally warm/ cool. We have a larger than recommended area that it's covering and its doing a good job all things considered. Written it was very hot it kept us cool so we love it.

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for A$699.00.

Room Type Whole House

AngusSydney, NSW

Buyer Beware

Purchased in October 2016 at ALDI for A$599.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom

Stirling Split System pathetic

I bought the Stirling 3.8 Split system at Aldi in Dec 2017 and the heating component does not work at all. I have had to call Stirling seven times who have given me the run around. I eventually spoke to an electrician from Stirling who said this is a common problem would order me the parts if they are not on back order. A month later and nothing. Will never buy anything from Aldi.

Will

WillBrisbane

Another great Aldi product

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I bought 2 of these and they are fantastic work perfectly, I would definitely buy again. 1in the bedroom 1 in the family room using on heat now for winter large one in the family room warms our very large room. Smaller one in bedroom is excellent as well. Thank you

Stumpy

Stumpy

Certainly beats the heat

We brought this unit thinking for such a low price if it only done our bedroom I would be more than happy at such a low price and as I work shift work we would use it in the hottest part of the day n it would do the whole 30 square house and I would have to put my hands in front of it to see if it was working it was so quite n it took one man 3hours to put it in n he commented on how easy it was to install

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Chilling good. Worth the money. Only minor design-improvement suggestions.

Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Exactly what I wanted. Works well. Low power consumption.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Archi

ArchiPicnic Point

Would pay more a branded unit

The ac unit was very noisy and took a long time to start. And when it did it would start off very loud and then come back to normal.
The thermostat was really fiddly and woukd often switch off.

No memory function on the directiinal swing would need to adjust it evertime.

The airflow wasnt great. And overall wouldnt recommwnd it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Eugene66

Eugene66Brisbane

Good Split System

Happy with cooling and heating performance
Quiet
Installation was Ok
This system is easy to use, manuals give full detailed information how to install and use
Not happy that power light is always on.
Plastic finishing of indoor units is not of high quality
Had to spend time to remove stickers from indoor unit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
gr3gw

gr3gwSydney

Aldi Stirling Air Conditioner

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Lynette

LynetteBrisbane

2 units puchased - just going through warranty process with 1 unit

Bought 2 units in October 2014, installed and been working great up until 1 unit stopped cooling about 6 weeks ago. Now going through the warranty process to have it replaced as it lost all it's gas and caused corrosion. Other than this I found the units quiet, east to use and practical in the 2 areas used in. We'll be using the remaining unit a lot more now as we didn't use that one as much as the problem one......just to see if the same thing happens to this one.....lucky there is another 2.5yrs warranty left. Really hoping we don't have the same problem. Fingers crossed!

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Keza

KezaGold Coast

Possibly should of spent more money and purchased a better one

I am a first time purchaser of an air conditioning unit
.My partner did a lot of looking around and said this one would suit .
We purchased 1 for upstairs lounge /dinning and 1 for downstairs in the main bedroom.
I am happy with the one downstairs except for the bright standby lights .I have had to put a sheet over it at night cause the light is so bright .
The one upstairs had to be re gased as the gas leaked out prior to installing.
I find this one is not at all suitable but that is not Aldi's fault.
The units are very quite . And the remote is easy to use .

Date PurchasedNov 2016