• Heating / Cooling Speed

Sterling Aircon

Brett and JodieHunter Region, NSW

Absolute CRAP Unit and CRAP Service

Purchased at Jesmond Aldi for A$599.00.

Room TypeLiving/Dining Area

Dinky Di

"Return it for a refund" ALDI model falls apart: 5 Year In Home Warranty not working

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for A$599.00.

Home Insulation LevelGood
Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how ALDI Split System Air Conditioners compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Didn't last 3 years

We had purchased this unit in October 2014 but didn't have it installed till Novenmber 2016. The motherboard has now gone in it after only 3 years use. They will not honour the warranty even though it is only a couple of months out of warranty. Don't waste your money on Aldi crap. Aircons should last alot longer than 4 years

UpYours

UpYoursCanberra 2600, ACT

Great Air-Con

Purchased in February 2017 at ALDI for A$450.00.

Home Insulation LevelPoor
Room TypeLarge Bedroom
Deb W

Deb WSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst Warranty service ever

I purchased my Stirling air conditioner a couple of years ago. Stopped working at the beginning of December 2019. Contacted Tempo they said repair man would contact me within 2 days. No one called. Contacted Tempo again 7 days later they gave me the repair guys phone number. I called him, he stated he couldnt help me. Called Tempo back, they brushed me off and offered me the cost I paid for the unit. What about the money I paid to get this unit installed $800. Never ever will I buy one of these units again. Absolute Crap and so is the Warranty...

Purchased in November 2017 for A$599.00.

Home Insulation LevelNot sure
Paul G.

Paul G.

Rubbish

Absolute rubbish. The unit failed after 8 months, E0 error. Contacted Stirling about warranty they replied asking for details which I gave them and then never heard from them again.

Jeff

JeffIllawarra, NSW

good air conditioner with great warranty service

The AC works well it just has a slightly long delay before it operates. Had slight issue with outside unit power board which was resolved without any issues by Tempo. Great company to deal with.

Purchased in October 2016 at ALDI for A$599.00.

Room TypeLarge Bedroom
niesette

niesetteSydney, NSW

Aircon does the job

1. This site conditioner works well and hats up house when left on during the day.
2. It's easy to navigate the controls for it, although the timer controls can be a bit temperamental at times.
3. So far or air conditions had keep us seasonally warm/ cool. We have a larger than recommended area that it's covering and its doing a good job all things considered. Written it was very hot it kept us cool so we love it.

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for A$699.00.

Room TypeWhole House

AngusSydney, NSW

Buyer Beware

Purchased in October 2016 at ALDI for A$599.00.

Stirling Split System pathetic

I bought the Stirling 3.8 Split system at Aldi in Dec 2017 and the heating component does not work at all. I have had to call Stirling seven times who have given me the run around. I eventually spoke to an electrician from Stirling who said this is a common problem would order me the parts if they are not on back order. A month later and nothing. Will never buy anything from Aldi.

Will

WillBrisbane

Another great Aldi product

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I bought 2 of these and they are fantastic work perfectly, I would definitely buy again. 1in the bedroom 1 in the family room using on heat now for winter large one in the family room warms our very large room. Smaller one in bedroom is excellent as well. Thank you

Stumpy

Stumpy

Certainly beats the heat

We brought this unit thinking for such a low price if it only done our bedroom I would be more than happy at such a low price and as I work shift work we would use it in the hottest part of the day n it would do the whole 30 square house and I would have to put my hands in front of it to see if it was working it was so quite n it took one man 3hours to put it in n he commented on how easy it was to install

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Chilling good. Worth the money. Only minor design-improvement suggestions.

Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Exactly what I wanted. Works well. Low power consumption.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Archi

ArchiPicnic Point

Would pay more a branded unit

The ac unit was very noisy and took a long time to start. And when it did it would start off very loud and then come back to normal.
The thermostat was really fiddly and woukd often switch off.

No memory function on the directiinal swing would need to adjust it evertime.

The airflow wasnt great. And overall wouldnt recommwnd it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Eugene66

Eugene66Brisbane

Good Split System

Happy with cooling and heating performance
Quiet
Installation was Ok
This system is easy to use, manuals give full detailed information how to install and use
Not happy that power light is always on.
Plastic finishing of indoor units is not of high quality
Had to spend time to remove stickers from indoor unit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
gr3gw

gr3gwSydney

Aldi Stirling Air Conditioner

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Lynette

LynetteBrisbane

2 units puchased - just going through warranty process with 1 unit

Bought 2 units in October 2014, installed and been working great up until 1 unit stopped cooling about 6 weeks ago. Now going through the warranty process to have it replaced as it lost all it's gas and caused corrosion. Other than this I found the units quiet, east to use and practical in the 2 areas used in. We'll be using the remaining unit a lot more now as we didn't use that one as much as the problem one......just to see if the same thing happens to this one.....lucky there is another 2.5yrs warranty left. Really hoping we don't have the same problem. Fingers crossed!

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Jessica S.

Jessica S.asked

Stirling STR-23RSJAIF (Oct 2013-2017)

I can’t figure out how to get the heating working can someone please help !!!!!!!

Jo B.asked

Stirling STR-23RSJAIF (Oct 2013-2017)

Our unit appears to work however is not heating or cooling, we did have some bees also pay us a visit some months back and it probably hasn't worked properly since then, reading some reviews tells me unit has a serious design flaw on the outside unit allowing large insects in?

can anyone advise what can be done to get the unit working properly?

bill bayley

Its not working because its aldi crap the same as all Adli (Stirling) appliances. read the reviews & see how many people have had issues That are unresolved by Aldi

Jo B.asked

Stirling STR-23RSJAIF (Oct 2013-2017)

Hello purchased about 3 years ago and it wont blow hot or cold air? all looks to be working otherwise? It will be under warranty however not sure if I have my receipt???

Brett and Jodie

Hi Jo, weve had a number of problems with our unit and are now told there are no parts available for this brand of machine in Australia. We have just purchased another brand and replaced the Stirling unit altogether at a cost of $1800

Jo B.

Thanks Brett and Jodi, I am sure mine is still under warranty so will try that Avenue

Your lucky you got 3 yrs Some only lasted 6 months

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Compare all 7 ALDI Split System Air Conditioners
ALDI Stirling STR-18R32WIFI (Oct 2019)
  • Discontinued

ALDI Stirling STR-18R32WIFI (Oct 2019)

No reviews yet
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) A$599.00A$699.00A$699.00A$899.00
Features Dehumidifying Function, Inverter and Remote ControlInverter and Remote ControlInverterDehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Power2.3 kW3.3 kW3.4 kW5.1 kW
Heating Power2.6 kW3.3 kW3.8 kW5.1 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 4 stars4.5 stars4 stars4 stars
Heating Energy Rating 4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling21 to 43
Operating Temperature for Heating-15 to +24
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)NoNo
Indoor Unit Dimensions 280 x 898 x 200 mm313 x 1033 x 202 mm315 x 970 x 235 mm340 x 1186 x 258 mm
Indoor Weight14 kg12.5 kg14 kg17 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level48 dB49 dB
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 552 x 760 x 256 mm605 x 780 x 290 mm535 x 802 x 298 mm699 x 927 x 380 mm
Outdoor Weight38 kg32.5 kg32 kg40 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level54 dB59 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level64 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateOct 2013Dec 2016Dec 2015Oct 2019
Discontinuation dateOct 2017Dec 2018Dec 2015Oct 2019
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 7 ALDI Split System Air Conditioners