Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Safety

For me the Stirling stand mixer from Aldi , es perfect,

I am so happy with the Stirling Stand Mixer ( from Aldi) I never have a problem, I paid $200 for it and not $600 or $700 , for a Kitchenaid . I recommend it, if they will selling again . I am so happy with my purchase!

Purchased at ALDI for $200.00.

Joy

JoyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is great!!!

My mixer was bought for me by my husband. I had always wanted one, but we never seemed to have the money BUT then we went to Aldi, it was love at first sight. It now sits proudly in my kitchen. Only one problem, and that is that i can't whip cream in it. So frustrating!! Does anyone out there have any clues? I love thick whipped cream but have had to go without.

Purchased in January 2017 for $80.00.

Graham Meyer

Graham MeyerSouthern and Hills, SA

4 years , not a problem

Had the Aldi Mixer for 4 years and it's mostly used for making bread every few days. The mix time is usually between 10 and 15 minutes of very hard work. It would be nice if the gears were a bit quieter but it's never failed or stopped because of overheating. (I was not aware of the4 minute limit.)
My impressions, brilliant machine in value for money. If it was to break down today I'd buy another when they become available.

Purchased at Aldi Victor Harbor for $129.00.

Keela

KeelaPerth, WA

Lasted 3 uses only. Aldi does not have parts and absolutely no help. Better to spend money on well known brands.

Beater broke on the 3rd use. Only used at christmas time in 2018 2019 and broke 2020.No replacement available and no help from aldi. Extremely heavy and very noisey. Plastic id very basic.

Purchased in June 2018 at ALDI for $80.00.

Amreen P.

Amreen P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Loud , does basic kneading and Misleading Warranty

Bought it from Aldi died just after year, good for basic kneading but then sometimes had to with hand after as it does not do the perfect knead. But for the money it was okay. But when actually it contacted the service centre, them saying it cant be covered after one year but has 3 year warranty written all over it. It cant be serviced so can not cover it . Then refund the money if you can't cover it.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $69.00.

Margaret

MargaretSydney Surrounds, NSW

Dissappointed in the Aldi product Classic Stand Mixer

It was impossible to cream butter and sugar for a cake, no matter how long I beat it, it was very unsatisfactory. What a waste of time. Should have looked at reviews before buying it,. I had to go back to my trusty hand mixer to make the cake. I'll look closely next time before buying what I thought would be a good product.

Purchased in December 2017 at North Richmond NSW for $99.99.

jessicabraham

jessicabrahamSydney, NSW

This is a good Mixer

I have been using this mixer for a long time and I really like this mixer. I recommend this mixer to everyone because of its built quality and standard they are offering.

Purchased in October 2019.

Ceebee

CeebeeSydney, NSW

Waste of Money

Bought from Aldi 3 or so years ago. It's useless... the mix attachment doesn't reach the bottom of the bowl (there's a little rise right in the middle of the bowl and the rest of the base is lower). The mixture just sticks to the bottom and sides whilst the attachment tries to do its job. I haven't tried to use it in 2 years but got it out today thinking it can't be THAT bad.... it is! Trying to cream butter and sugar is torture and basically impossible. Finally I had to get out my hand mixer and use that. Far more effective but at least it worked.
Also, the mixer is extremely heavy to lift.

Purchased in July 2017 at ALDI.

PETE

PETESydney, NSW

Poor quality, no power

I had mine for a couple of years and used it on average once per month. With just 1 kilo of dough it overheated, making the cover to melt and crack. I ended up with pieces of plastic in the dough, all wasted and the mixer is ready for the rubbish bin

Claudio

ClaudioSouth East Queensland, QLD

It does everything it needs to

Purchased in October 2017 at ALDI for $69.00.

Francis

Francis

Bought and broke after two years ,

Was okay , not bad for the price but didn't last long enough , made a lot of noise,

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Great, Untill it works

I used monthly for 4 years. It is now broken. When I switch on the power the led light will blink and the motor will not start. I guess there is a sensor that check the motor and does a safety check. I will probably buy a better brand next time.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Val. L

Val. LVictoria

Very disappointing

Mixing attachments do not reach the bottom of the bowl therefore mixture is not mixed properly, you have to finish mixing by hand. The item is also very heavy, very disappointed in general in this product. I don't use it anymore, money wasted. Very sad as Kogan in general is great.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

DavidGBWestern Australia

Dangerous and badly designed

DavidGB

My profile said this hasn't been published. What's going on?

Kerrie D

Kerrie DWimmera, VIC

Waste of Money

Have had this appliance for 18 months to 2 years and has been used very little. Problems with the motor when turning the knob on and now can't raise the arm so it is useless because I can't get the bowl under the beater or change the beater. No repair available.

Date PurchasedJune 2014

My similar mixer

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Rob S

Rob SArundel, Queensland

Mixer won't run.

Its noisy. But also the rotary knob has a problem in that it only works intermittently. when this happens, which is now most of the time, the light flashes. I have tried tapping firmly on the knob but the result is it only operates when it wants to, which now is not often. Not the first problem i have had with this Kuchef brand. I am now very selective when it comes to purchasing mechanical items from ALDI as i have had to return a few faulty items.
I can't find my docket so i don't know how this will pan out. Rob-Queensland.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Poor product

I was given this as a present from my mother who struggles with money. She was very proud to give me such a good looking mixer. Problem is it does not reach to the bottom of the bowl. I have to stop it often to scape the bottom dry ingredients up. Also had trouble releasing the bowl from the machine without spilling the contents. I've converted back to my 25 year old black and decker who has never missed a beat. I'm too afraid to tell mum as she would be too embarrassed.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
asil

asilAU

No good

I have had this machine for about 12 months, and used it minimally, with no problem. I went to turn the machine on, and the light kept flashing. The motor would not start. I returned it to aldi, who told me to return it to the manufacturer. I was told that the postage would be payable by me if the fault was mine. It is a very heavy machine, so the postage would be a large amount, but as the machine was no use as it was, i returned it by mail. That was almost 3 month ago, and i have not heard a word. Terrible product, and terrible after sales support

Date PurchasedMay 2015