Allianz Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor customer service

I lodged a motor vehicle insurance claim and was advised that the excess was $850. When I received the formal notification via e-mail I was advised that the excess was in fact $2,250. I rang to clarify and hung up after being on the phone on hold for over 18 mins. Clearly once they've got your business they're not interested in providing any customer service.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.I (2011-2015)
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Don’t Waste Your Time

After 12 years with Allianz I cancelled my policy today.

We were counting on them to arrange a “Right to Drive” car for our family, but the off-shore Allianz hire car call centre is a disgrace. I thought the days of such dodgy and unprofessional behaviour were past. I haven’t paid premiums all these years to be lied to and messed around and around and around.

Goodbye Allianz!

P.S. We have finally connected with “Right to Drive” and the above is no reflection on them.

Insurance claim madeYes

Only 2 approved repairers in Canberra region. Long waits for repairs and no care

Have to wait 3 weeks for minor damage repair. (Not our fault)> Asked to use my choice of repairer as per policy, but they expect me to leave my car at that repairers for an indeterminate amount of time so that their assessor can look over the vehicle. Only having 2 repairers is pointless. They clearly do not give two hoots about customer service. Then to add insult to injury, they referred me to a hire car company called Right2Drive who had no vehicles available in the ACT. Not really what I was expecting when I paid for a comprehensive policy. It all comes down to very poor and lazy customer service. Waiting 3 weeks to get a car repaired when it's really just a few scratches is a joke. Allianz say they can't help that. BUT they can. The could have more approved repairers in our region.

Car ModelToyota RAV4 Cruiser 2.5L Hybrid 2WD
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Keep Your Customers

Hello Everyone
I always advise people vote with your money where you want to spend it, if Companies like Allianz do not value you as a Loyal Customer spend your money elsewhere plenty of Insurance companies in the marker place.
I have just received our Comprehensive Car Insurance renewal, and being a loyal Allianz Customer you would assume that your insurance premium would have gone down in 10 years with no claims windscreen or accident.
I and my wife are pretty annoyed that Allianz would spend thousands of dollars advertising for new customers to give away a car instead of saving that money and looking after their existing customers.
I looked back at our policies our premium has fluctuated, went down to $816 and then went up as high as $981 now Allianz want us to pay $904 per annum. and the agreed value of our car has gone down by $7,000 numbers do not add up.
Our policy should reflect our Driver 5 star status 6 being their highest but no extra discount for being a 6 star driver plus the fact that the payout if our car was written off is $7,000 less.
I am going to change not only our car insurance also our contents insurance and then our House insurance to a company that will value our hard earned money, social media and our standing in the community we will ensure that Allianz advertising dollars are wasted.
I have always stated to businesses that they have no knowledge of who their customers know and who they are connected to.

Car ModelKia Optima TF
Claim MadeNo
HI Everyone I just switched Insurance Companies saved $395 per annum, I could have saved more but took out Roadside Assistance as part of the policy. Allianz I paid extra for this service on top of my Insurance so another saving of $80 per annum so all up $475 saving. Sorry Allianz money is better in my pocket than yours and thanks to the lady who tried to save me from leaving as I stated Allianz should have looked after us in the first place, instead of trying to see what they could do to keep my business, I will now look at switching our third party insurances when we carry out new rego's for vehicles at work.

Terrible customer service

It is our first time to claim a car insurance so I had no idea what to do. I called the Allianz to arrange a rental car after an accident. The phone line quality was terrible and kept cut off when the woman spoke to me. She got impatient with me when I had to ask her to explain hips of conditions she was telling me about the car rental policy. Eventually I had enough with her irritation and had to talk to her supervisor. The supervisor was even worse. It sounds like talking to a machine and transferred me back to the representer straight away. None of them were happy to talk to a customer. I think they’d better to use AI at least who would be more impatient to ask the questions. We chose them as it is a lazy choice with our bank recommendation. But we will definitely NOT use Allianz any more.

Car ModelCitroen

horrible service

i had an accident on the nullabor with a kangaroo and i was in the middle of no where without phone reception. a lovely couple took me to the nearest road house at caiguna and i did the call arounds. allianz basically told me i had to be with my car and wanted to know the longitude and latitude of my car or nearest landmark, which was fine if i was in a normal location but being in the middle of nowhere all i knew was my car was 65KM west of caiguna. then they have the audacity to tell me there is no repair shops near where i am, which i knew because i was in the middle of nowhere, and also told me to be with my car when it was 10pm at night to get a tow truck driver to pick my car up. they also told the towing company that they were doing a dodgy claim and had arguments with them. this is totally unacceptable. I'm just glad my claim was sorted out quickly (within 2 days i knew it was a write off) as i was stuck in the middle of nowhere without knowing what to do. it was bad for my mental health. i have been with this insurance company since december 2017 and i have only ever needed to do the one claim through them and it was unprofessional.

i didn't know where i was at all and i was lost in WA on the nullarbor and needed help but no one would give it to me from allianz.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Car ModelHolden Spark

Fantastic service; easy claim

I recently was involved in a car accident, in which because I hit a car from behind the other driver has claimed on their insurance that I was at fault. I have comprehensive insurance with Allianz. I submitted a form and sent the other insurance company's paperwork to them, and had an almost immediate response. "Pay the excess and we will take care of it". Honestly, it was a smooth and easy transaction; the lady on the phone that took my payment was lovely; and I am greatly relieved that beside the excess I am not out of pocket. I was also informed I have an insurance type where I do not lose my no claim bonus - which is fantastic!

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Disgusting company

Long story short - I was involved in a multi-car accident where I was not at fault, the initial accident happened behind me. It has been a week and nothing has been done, if you speak to someone on the phone they have no clue what they're talking about and will just transfer you. Sometimes you'll get someone who SEEMS like they know what they're talking about, promising they've made progress, only to find out they've done absolutely nothing. AVOID this company for insurance at all costs. This is honestly ridiculous. I need a car to get to and from work and this incompetence has made a large impact on my ability to work.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Claim ApprovedNo

Efficient and easy to deal with

Being With Alianz for 10 years, Very Happy with their Service.
Had a couple of accidents at no fault of my own, all I had to do is report, everything else was taken care of. On numerous occasions used their Road side assistance, with only 20 min waiting time, which helped a lot. Always very professional and quick to respond.
Downside - Premium for my aging car is a bit high, had a chat to them last year, but price stays high.
Will try again this year

Caring company

I had the most stress free experience with Allianz. My car suffered a total loss due to my insane ex girlfriend deciding to hunt me down.
Long story short, Allianz displayed a genuine caring attitude to me as a customer. Initially I lost $850 excess. However today after requesting a “second opinion” I unknowingly received the $850 back into my account. Clearly the second opinion the person thought “hang on this guy didn’t purposely crash his car” of course they also settled the value I had the car insured for prior.
I highly recommended Allianz and sadly due to standard procedure I couldn’t remain their customer after the car crash.
Thankyou Allianz for having faith in me

Car ModelNissan Altima L33
Claim DateFebruary 2019

HAPPY CUSTOMER

very quick service. Within 24 hrs of my claim the team had referred me in for a quote and had my repaires being handled within 4 days. Not stress very happy customer.

Car ModelFord Territory SZ TS
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2019

Cancellation of policies

After deciding to move to another insurer for 2 policies to save over $400, I rang Allianz to cancel my policies, as soon as I mentioned 'I would like to cancel both policies thank you' they hung up on me!

Claim MadeNo

I would rate a 0 if I could!

Attempting to deal with Allianz has been appalling! No one ever gets back to you, they can’t even send a quote for a car repair! Then they will email final letter of demands even though you have tried calling daily. I have now been chasing them up for 4 months to pay them for an accident I was involved in and I am now told I need to wait until they send me the tax invoice even though they never sent me the quote! Repairs were completed two weeks ago and I still have no idea how much I am expected to pay! Appalling on so many levels and the customer service team are useless.

Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Allianz use second hand repaired parts to repair my car

I had my 2014 VW Polo repaired by Allianz after some one ran in to me, they said they would take care of the repairs.
The car was repaired using second hand parts, which were damaged and need 3 hours repair on each, I knew nothing about this until I picked up the car, the paint was the wrong color and also the parts did not line up, I then asked why new parts would be such a poor fit and was told, Allianz instructed the repairer to used second hand damaged parts, I complained and Allianz sent a assessor who agreed it was a poor job and new parts should have been used.
I told Allianz I wanted the car fixed using new parts and to be blended so there was no evidence of damage, Allianz agreed on the phone but, after waiting for a further 2 weeks and nothing being done I rang again, the lady Melita said she had no record of the call and she would need two days to get a answer if the car will be redone using new parts.,
She also told me that on page 39 it states that they can use second hand parts, I have the copy of my renewal and there is no page 39 on the email.
I explained that this should have been stated on page one, it should have been clear that Allianz uses parts from other cars that have been wrecked, she was rude and did not call back.
If I was told Allianz would use second hand damaged parts to repair my car from the start, I just like 99% of other customers would NOT have taken the policy with them, they have mislead me and they are not being clear and transparent in their business.
I have had to take the matter up with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority to help resolve the issue.
Its just sad that some one ran into me, I let Allianz take care of the claim and all they have done is repair the car as cheaply as possible, people need to know they are using second hand parts to repair a car that is 5 years old with 20,000 kilometers on it.

Car ModelVolkswagen Polo
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Had a great exp with Allianz

Had an idiot ram into me and hit a kangaroo two claims one year. Allianz covered both professionally.
I would highly recommend them.

They have upped my insurance from 1200 to 1450 the year after but said it was also to do with my area I lived in being considered higher risk.
Rang around and Allianz are still price competitive.

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7 (Hatchback) R
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible service had an accident not at fault tried claiming hire car long story but entitled to one Been transferred

Not at fault go to right to drive save you the hassles of being transferred from one department to another , not a great system now looking at small claims court

Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Appalling communications. Non responsive.

Allianz communications are simply appalling. Had to phone numerous times to get update on a claim, and they dont do anyyhing, the customer has to chase up all the details and next actions.
Their email service with your claim number in the Subject line is a dead end.
Long wait times on the phone. All just really, really poor service.
I had 2 policies with them until last month and I just renewed elsewhere, and cheaper. Couldnt bear the atrocious service if I had to make another claim.

Car ModelSubaru Forester S3
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

Avoid this insurance at any cost, totally useless, worst experience ever!

Had minor car accident, just rear bumper bar, simple and fast fix in normal circumstances and normal insurance company! My car was sitting at crash repair shop for more than a one and a half months to be repaired,and when pick up time finally arrived,I unfortunately discovered previously unexciting electrical fault.Refused to take over faulty vehicle,and after additional diagnostic by authorised dealer they decided not to pay for repair, because it wasn't in connection with car accident, and car repairer refuse to admit they burn some electronic during the repair of my vehicle! So instead of taking fixed vehicle I had to accept faulty vehicle! Communication with Allianz is terrible,long waiting time,promising to call back,and never happened.Huge disappointmen. Will ask for help from Ombudsman or any other relevant government service! Allianz.....Never Again!!!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

Vehicle claim never go with allianz

Not at fault vehicle written off days to get assessed .
10 days to receive payment excuses and lies everyday money in the bank again
Never again
Very poor standard better companies to deal with
Allan

Claim ApprovedYes

Allianz acted like a thief

After withdrawing an accident claim and cancelling the payout thereof, Allianz changed my risk profile, and removed my no claim bonus so my premiums more than doubled. And the worst was that they didn't even inform me!

Car ModelJeep Grand Cherokee WK Laredo