Allianz Car Insurance
See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Allianz

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (17)
    • 1-2 weeks (20)
    • 2-4 weeks (20)
    • 1-2 months (23)
    • 3+ months (33)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (87) · No (27)

Adykish
Adykish

Had to use it! Will never use it !

I used it for 2 years when i was student. Very rude service from college representative at ECU in 2015/16. I claimed once and lots of paper work/ late response.Thereafter, I have never used it and will never use it. You promoted it in my mewsfeed and I remembered it after 5 year.

Chez
ChezGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never had an issue with the service!

Both of our vehicles have been with Allianz for 10 years plus and each year, up until recently, we have always negotiated on the renewal, which has provided a review in our favor. Our experiences with both Roadside Assist and when we have needed to lodge a claim, have always been handled efficiently and with total satisfaction. The staff are always very helpful and courteous, whether over the phone or online via email. We don't bother chasing alternative quotes, as we simply don't need to.

mick brown
mick brownSpence 2615, ACT

Great policy

Great roadside assistance turn up before time very helpful. Price of the policy for 12 months is the cheaps we have found on our Nissan 4x4. I've been with the company for about 15 year's very happy

Jordan R.
Jordan R.Northeast, VIC

Do NOT use Allianz for your car insurer!!

We provided a police report number, and got a quote MONTHS ago ( exactly what they requested) and they are failing to honour the quote, and keep advising us that it is still pending. This was months ago! Claim is still on going, all Allianz care is getting the money from the customer without care for the customer. And we been with this mob for at least 5 years! Their customer service was better when we first started with them. Amazing how they can turn a blind eye to customer needs.
I do not recommend Allianz!

C Sullivan
C SullivanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

You need to car yourself for driving on the roads

No, the policy is not value for money. Easy to organise, No claim has been lodged. I have been a long standing customer and yet do not get VIP treatment or discount for being a valued customer. Have not used roadside assistance.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers

Terrible insurance company. Long wait times on the phone, claim process takes ages, lack of communication or follow up.

We will be changing insurers the moment our claim is done. We have spent four hours of our lives, across four phone calls on the phone on hold, just to put through a claim. Hardly any communication about the status of the claim such as progress, when and how we will be paid out for an accident where we were not at fault. It's been 2 and a half weeks and we've heard crickets. Still hasn't been finalised despite them saying it only takes them two business days. Very disappointed, wont be insuring with them ever again.

rupotty
rupottySydney, NSW

Over 1 hour wait just to get a quote!

Tried to get a quote for car insurance but could not answer my question about what roads/where in Australia covered, transferred me to claims and voicemail said over 1 hour wait! Hung up.
Called back then was asked to jump through hoops and do backflips just to get a quote so gave up!

Gary W.
Gary W.South East Queensland, QLD

What a pensioner thinks

Price for policy is very good but they should give some sort of discount for people on a pension who only travel 3000 km a year.
This would save us a lot of money that we need to keep the bloody car running and serviced.

Other Car Insurance

NO idea about why to move

I believe that loyalty is a required skill. I will stay with alliance now for the time being as they have done nothing wrong. When I make a claim it will be the first .

Find out how Allianz Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

This is perfect for discount to regular.

it could be better, if they have more phisical stores. And it can have some discounts for old customers which would have more customers for this company, and they can have some staff
can speak different languages, e.g. Chinese, that would be great, thanks a lot.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Claim MadeNo

John
JohnCanberra 2600, ACT

Drivers should be offered a discount for... Experience, driver courses attended, ability, or simply having a dash camera

Policy was ok value, but could be better.
I lodged one claim about 5yrs ago, it was sorted pretty quickly.
I've been a customer for many years.
Roadside assistance was a massive waste of money, my daughter knows more about cars than the guy who showed up.

Mike
MikeHunter Region, NSW

Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance

Yes I thinkit is good value, have not lodged a comprehensive car insurance claim for over 50 years, this is the 6th year for my Isuzu utes, have not required roadside assistance.

Ian
Ian

CTP insurance

I have been an Allianz customer for 25 years and appreciate the way the company handles claims and cover.
Roadside is also professionally handled.
Premiums have stablized over the past two years thank goodness.

Dr. Ken
Dr. KenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sensible choice

Seven years of good luck, so far. No claims yet, but it's good to know there's backup and good to feel secure. Premiums are fair and rises seems moderate - way better value than the lower rung competitors.

Horrible experience

I had an accident this morning, called Allianz to see what I needed to do. Got all the information for them and even started making a claim. They told me that my dad would have to authorise the claim. He tried to call three times, each time waiting over 30minutes. Once he got through he got hung up on each time before he could authorise anything. I then called and was on hold for over 1 hour. Once I got through I was just Handballed from person to person with noone willing to help. All that had to be done was get authorisation and the claim could be put through. Now I'm on hold again!! For over 1 hour again, as I was disconnected before I got back onto an operator! Absolutely horrible service...noone wants to help with my car claim.

Read more reviews - page 2

Thomas
Thomasasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Hi,
I am considering Allianz however I would like you sharing for these clause'
"Choice of Repairers", has anyone use this service for your claim?
How is it compare to RACV?
Really appreciate your sharing.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Thomas

Rhonda
Rhonda

Hi Thomas, as yet i have not made a claim with Alliance

I have just made a claim with allianz. Terrible customer service I have ever seen in my life.

bob.m
bob.masked
Car Insurance

why have you not contacted me after 6 months regarding my complaint, I was sucked into using you by mazda on my new bt50. your service sucks

don't know
don't know

Get funked bob should have bought the Toyota.

Kc L.
Kc L.asked
CTP Car Insurance (NSW, QLD)

ctp 7523651450TP premium

See all Allianz Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Allianz representatives

Allianz Car Insurance

Compare all 4 Allianz Car Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Landlord, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord, Life and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and TheftCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days

Not Applicable

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncludedNot Applicable
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Optional extra, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days

Not Applicable

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $100 per day up to 21 days

Included up to $100 per day up to 21 days

Not Applicable

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000 or market value, whichever is the lesser clalimNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier of 2 years from original registration

Not Applicable

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $750Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000Not Applicable
Accidental Loss or Damage