Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

1.9

Bernard  L.

Bernard L.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Something is missing

I've just received acknowlegment of payment for my car comprehensive insurance cover. However this did not include any information as to the details of cover and circumstances. I wish to receive a copy of the policy I've just renewed

Car ModelHonda Accord
Mary

MaryPerth, WA

Allianz Car Insurance

I’ve had several cars I’ve owned insured through Allianz over many years. Allianz have always been competitive in price and cover of my vehicles. Claims were handled efficiently with no fuss

Car ModelJaguar F- Pace

Half repaired car

Had issues with Assessor [name removed]. He was telling me to take my car to a repairer he knows. Created stress for me and now left with a half repaired car. I’ll be changing insurance providers once due.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2019
Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class

Evan Chooly Getit

Evan Chooly GetitWestern Australia

Allianz exorbitant charges, zero flexibility, no reward for loyalty

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim MadeNo

Reliable. Roadside assist prompt.

Been with Alliance for 11 years. Never made a claim. Roadside assist removes the worries of possible breakdown. Indeed a recent call out resolved my problem and offered sound advice.

Car ModelTotota Camry Ativa
Pat

PatFar North Queensland, QLD

Easy to deal with

Policy was very easy to set up, and reasonably priced. Though the real test will be what happens if I need to make a claim, to be honest. This will be my second year with Allianx. I've never made a claim or required towing.

Claim MadeNo
Car ModelHolden Rodeo RA (2003-2008)
John

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

POLICY REVIEW

I check other insurance company's policies and premiums but found the Allianz renewal notice was the best priced and offered good value for money. I've been with Allianz for more than 12 years but have never had to lodge a claim. The roadside assistance provided,, used twice, was just satisfactory - very long wait times and not anywhere near the service provided by NRMA.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelHolden Commodore VZ
Dr. Ken

Dr. KenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Trustworthy insurance

Allianz has a high credibility rating among repair companies - this is good enough for me to continue to trust it and keep my policy with Allianz - this is my sixth year; no claims but also none of the nonsense that I have encountered with other companies in the past.

Car ModelMercedes
Ivan B

Ivan B

Not Consistent & no Loyalty

I telephoned to check on value of Insurance compared to premium.
I asked for a review on my policy and was informed that I had most possible discounts. I was given a new quote for a new policy if I was a new customer with the same conditions and it was around $100 cheaper than my premium to renew. Not happy as I have been with Allianz for 38 Years.

Car ModelMazda BT-50

Arman

ArmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My Policy is getting expensive every year despite my car price drops a lot !!!

This Year I am paying more for my car insurance even my car now worth less !!!
I haven't claim any thing for last many years for my car insurance however they keep charging me more.
I have tried to contact Allianz However they asked me I need to cancel my existing policy before they can look at any discount !!!
I will look around for more transparent/ better solution from other providers

Claim MadeNo
Car ModelAudi A4 B9 (Sedan)
Michelle N.

Michelle N.South East Queensland, QLD

Best insurance company ever

My car was involved in an accident. I had hire car in my insurance policy. That same day, my car was sent to panel beater and I had a hire car. My car was written off, my claim was settled in 10 days and I was paid a reasonable amount.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2020
Car ModelToyota Corolla E180 Hatch
David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Service.

Each year our insurances, car, house, CTP etc go up and as each year goes by thankfully I haven't had to use our insurances', so each year I tend to shop around a little to at least compare the prices for the relative insurances we have. But again this year as Allianz have in the past, they try a little harder, and I understand that its hard to provide the appropriate cover at a reasonable price but it's also harder as a older person to have the extra money to go around we don't get the annual price rise? That a lot of the working Australians tend to get each year?

Offtap

OfftapGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Left me stranded, lied, wasted my time. Bad faith product, untrust worthy. I will find another provider soon.NEVER AGAIN

With this policy you have to walk home, if you break down, or find your own way home. They leave you stranded. Reps do not know service... Never again, shop around.

Car ModelIsuzu D-MAX RC.I
Rodney P.

Rodney P.

Claim

Car a write off back in January still waiting to get paid out it’s now June what a joke advice stay away from them took 10min to start the insurance taking weeks to payout

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Toby Meier

Toby MeierSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complaint

Not happy

Why do you NOT have caravan insurance?? If I find a company that will cover car/boat/caravan I will be moving! I have been a loyal customer for years and I’m disappointed

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Jando

JandoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great!! However, monthly payment option cost is outrageous!!

Easy to set up. Paying monthly helps me with my budget. Not happy for the 11% surcharge to pay monthly. I think Allianz need to review this surcharge. Hopefully they will.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz GLA-Class X156 GLA 200 CDI
Why.....

Why.....South-Eastern Region, NSW

Rising prices,

Car value dropped, premium rose. Live in rural NSW........other insurance companies similar behavior. Need at least 30 words for this review! Haven't had a claim,that will be the test. End.

Car ModelNissan Patrol Y61
Joe Cortis

Joe CortisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Loyal but premiums need to be reviewed for longevity, loyalty and road usage.

Previously worked as an insurance broker and have been loyal to Allianz for many years. Being a pensioner in my 70’s I don’t drive anywhere as much as in the past. Your premiums are substantially higher than the market and the excess is high for people in my Finical circumstances. Recently moved my wife’s
car to another insurer but have decided to remain with you for mine. Nor enough reward for long time and loyal customers , who are infrequent road users.

Car ModelHolden Captiva
Alysha D.

Alysha D.Mid North Coast, NSW

I’m rating the actual company not the policy.

I have now cancelled my policy, they had TWO policies running for one car with double payments coming out each month, due to a “technical failure” on their site when I was trying to purchase. What kind of company let’s you have two policies of the exact same type on the same vehicle?? A thieving one that’s what. And after cancelling them I have still had another payment come out leaving my account overdrawn for something that I’m not even using. Very disappointed with this site and would not recommended buying ANYTHING or setting up anything online!!!! Very incompetent!!!!

Car ModelNissan Murano