See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ricky D.

Ricky D.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Worse insurance company ever

Bought a new car then hit a roo 3 months later tried to make a claim only to find out my policy had been canceled by allianz the same day. No emails, no calls or letters in the mail. DONT TRUST THEM!!!!

Car ModelMitsubishi Triton
Claim DateNovember 2019

avoid this insurance company

i let my insurance policy of an agreed value roll over into the new year
i had an accident and my car was a write off and i discovered that they devalued my car by 40% in 12mths
i spoke to them about this and i was told i agreed by continuing my policy with them
i never agreed to devaluing my car , i agreed to keep it insured with them by letting it roll over and not going to another insurer
they would not review this nor do they have an internal dispute department
i would never touch this insurance company again ever and i will never recommend them either

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelAlfa Romeo 159 Sedan (2006-2012)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
Whitninja1970

Whitninja1970

dreadful customer service

No email contact available. Phone customer service was pitiful - once I eventually got through. Incredibly rude and dismissive. You'd think THEY had been the one on hold for an hour.

Kateben

KatebenMelbourne

Overpriced crap!

disgruntled

disgruntledVictoria

Horrible dont pay on legitimate claims

They just take your money....no intent to honour there policy. They just want to accept funds and wiggle their way out of paying. Horrible ethics and I will never use them again.

Car ModelMazda 6 GH
Claim DateJuly 2015

raf

rafSydney, NSW

Worst ever insurance please keep away

Car ModelAUDI
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2019

Joe

JoeCentral Queensland, QLD

RUN FOR THE HILLS - GET OUT BEFORE ITS TO LATE !!!

Incompetent, arrogant and LAZY.
Treated like a liability not an asset.
Lied to us. External parties assigned by Allianz are blamed for lag time. No email correspondence provided. No phone call updates provided. Up to 30mins wait time when trying to get in contact. Our vehicle was sent to an Auction house without our permission. Unable to contact Claims supervisor. Unable to log a complaint. 1 month in an no settlement of the Claim. The culture of this multi - national is one of arrogance and ignorance.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim DateOctober 2019

With Allianz you are alone

All good while no problems. First problem and they leave you completely alone even presenting proofs. They made me wait on the phone for 25 minutes when trying to make a claim and then they didn't even offer to investigate a little bit despite I had witnesses, photos, names of companies they would be able to call, etc. When you have to pay good money for the insurance they are more helpful though. As soon as my policy expires, mi relation with them too. Very expensive services and zero effectiveness. They are not tricking me twice.

Othman

OthmanSydney, NSW

Absolute nightmare.

When will government shut down this seriously corrupted insurance company
Absolute nightmare. It's better to not be insured at all than to be insured with Allianz. What a total headache. They make you wait 3 months for a simple decision. They line is do clogrd you should try calling in for a claim to find out. They literally hang up 2/3 times. They keep giving long explanation that's get nowhere. Why waste your time and money but especially time

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Claim DateAugust 2019
Glen Waring

Glen Waring

BEWARE OF OVERCHARGING ON RENEWALS? Is this duplicity?

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party

Worst

Quite potentially the worst insurance company that’s ever been established in the Oceania region. Every person I’ve ever spoken to, who was also with Allianz agrees, including employees and those at mid-senior level roles have admitted to foul practice.
Heed warning, to all who are considering this company - ask anyone at all, and no one will have a good thing to say about them.

Car ModelBMW F22 220i Coupe

Horrible Phone Service

I called Allianz to speak to someone about a Home and Contents claim, Justin found my policy number and put me through, I waited on the phone for 40 minutes, a lady answered and asked me for my rego number. I was put through to the wrong department. She told me she has no choice but put me through again to the correct one. I was again put on hold for further 20 minutes, when someone finally answered the phone the line dropped down! I had to call again, waiting on hold for 20 minutes until my call was answered. DISGRACEFUL!!!!!

Abyss94

Abyss94Victoria

Review on Application Process online. New Sign Up to Allianz, No Claims as yet.

amhappy

amhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

try calling the claims vs sales for new quotes

Just testing out the company -
call sales to get a quote : -immediate response
call claims department - 23 minutes and still holding as I am writing this review..
They offer a call back because the wait is so long.

Miss.M

Miss.MCentral Queensland, QLD

Allianz owe us money

Claimant is the policy holder No

Disappointed.

I lodged a claim for an accident 5 months ago with a police report and a witness..still no progress on my claim. And I always needed to call them for an update!! Unbelievable!

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7 (Hatchback) 103TSI Highline
Claim DateApril 2019

GuneSydney

Unbelievable bad bad service

Car ModelVolkswagen Polo
Claim DateJuly 2019

Worst company ever

Went to put in a claim 8 months ago when I had a minor accident and was advised by a staff member not to do anything until they put in a claim. 8 months later I get a bill in my email for $4,108. I then submitted my claim and was told my third party didn’t mean anything. After being on the phone everyday for 6 days straight talking to even managers I managed to get it down to my excess. I have emailed all my proof showing what I did damage and what she has claimed for ( even though it was a male I had the accident with ) is more than what I did. But they refuse to listen and acknowledge any of it. So moral of the story even if you try to do the right thing Allianz will still crap you right in the your face.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft

Cheryl

CherylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling Level of Service

Very slow process to deal with an at fault claim.
Very long wait for Assessment of vehicle.
On hold always, on one day 3 people tried to call regarding the claim, with almost 2 hours on hold.
Slow response to emails and no attention to details at all.
Insurance now elsewhere and hope to never deal with Allianz again.

Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateJuly 2019

Stu

StuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor customer service

I lodged a motor vehicle insurance claim and was advised that the excess was $850. When I received the formal notification via e-mail I was advised that the excess was in fact $2,250. I rang to clarify and hung up after being on the phone on hold for over 18 mins. Clearly once they've got your business they're not interested in providing any customer service.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.I (2011-2015)
Claim DateSeptember 2019