Allianz Car Insurance

Allianz Car Insurance

Gav1980

Very cheap budget insurance company worst insurance company that I ever dealt with people there that can’t talk English and had no idea what she was saying and blamed me for the accident when it wasn’t my fault

Horrible.

Horrible service. Dont care about you at all. Just keep palming us off. They have declared our car as a total loss and they are still messing us around. Lucky we have a very generous family to help us out otherwise we'd be up sh** creek without a paddle. Save yourself and pick another insurance company.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Great company. Very reasonable rates and great service.

After ringing around for quotes from many insurance companies I called Allianz. Their policy was the best value I could find and the coverage was really good. Well worth looking at. They were much cheaper than the others.

Car ModelPeugeot 308CC

Love them

I have been with Allianz for around 7 years now and I cannot fault them in any way, there prices are the best around and I can pay monthly with no penalty and I am covered for everything I need and have optional extras if I want to take them up as well, it was super easy to get set up with them and easy to deal with, my fave.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelKia Rio UB (2011-2016)
Claim MadeNo

Check your premiums, very expensive

After paying $80 per month for the last 9 years for my car insurance, i have just discovered online that i could get it for $25.00 per month from them, no offer to adjust or drop premiums, as the car losses value or over time or as a loyal customer, they're just happy to rip you off if you let them , shop around people

Claim MadeNo

One of the best prices and great claim outcome.

I have my 2018 V6 Amarok insured.
I found them cheaper then youi and other so called budget insurers.

I had to make a claim in December when I reversed out of a carpark and struck a concrete column with my drivers side door...

I was able to pick a VW approved repairer. They quoted 2 days after my initial claim was lodged. Assessment was 4 days later and the repairs were a week after for 5 days.

Allianz were excellent and so was the repairer. Allianz arranged my hire car whilst repairs were being completed.

Perfect experience.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelVolkswagen Amarok 2H (2011-Present)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Can't fault their service

I just had my first accident in 47 years of driving and the result was that my car was written-off - in my view, a fair outcome. I was 1 day inside the new-for-old limit and Allianz replaced my car with a new, updated model. The claims process was very straightforward and Allianz staff communicated regularly by phone and email about what was happening. It took 5 weeks to get the new car but this was due to supply being short because of the recent fires and floods.

Car ModelFord Everest
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Zero Stars if I could

Extremely poor communications. Condescending, rude, they don't listen, they don't let you finish your sentence. Treated my Partner like the Criminal, whereas He was the victim.
All communications were with a different person each time. Each time asking the same questions. They say they record all conversations for training etc, but this is an absolute joke.
I would never recommend this company.

Claim ApprovedNo

reasonable value for money BUT

Had a very minor accident , someone else back into the car and cracked the radiator , had their details …
So ring Allianz needed the car towed … they organised ….had to stay with the car and give the tow truck driver the keys
they emailed the tow company … I ring the tow company after a bit of a wait , no contact from Alli , Ring Alli , this went round a couple of times before Alli rang the tow company

Organise a replacement car , Alli to organise , nothing happening , need car for work , ring hire car company , no they haven't called us , ring Alli oh yes we have, but we'll do again (oh and add 40 mins on hold) , ring car company again no they haven't sent anything thru

the two company and hire car company - brilliant , Allianz seemed like they had high school work experience kids on duty

might be a case of ring on another day and get a different person and none of that would have happened

I dreed the car repair bit now :-(

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateApril 2019

Worst insurance provider

Literally worst experience ever. Cancelled insurance refunded money in a close account without my authority and even me saying not to. Had to wait 3 weeks plus wasted half of my day searching for my money. Such a fake insurance provider never recommend anyone to go to this idiotic company

Car ModelRenault Clio

Waste of money

Got hit from my side whilst on the road from a car coming out of a car park - the car told the story from an opposite point a view (that I came out of the car park). Allianz would not defend me, believe me, I sent google maps images, I had evidence, I had worked here for 2 years and was hit by someone working here for 6 weeks. Instead they wanted me to pay them $2600 personally.... (more than damages to both parties)

Scammers.

Claim DateAugust 2018

Very Happy !

Very happy with Allianz and will definitely stay on with them. The customer service team are amazing and really took our situation into consideration and looked after us. Would highly recommend!

Car ModelMitsubishi Triton
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Worst insurance company ever! One star is one too many! Wish I could give them a 0 star rating..

It has been over 2 months since I lodged my claim and I’ve never been so disgusted in my life! I was hit from behind (not even my fault) and my car was written off and it has been a nightmare ever since. I have 2 girls that attend school they ended up taken the rental car back leaving me with no car or answers. They ended up investigating the claim and I provided them with everything they needed and cooperated and 2 months later they are still trying to find a reason not to pay! It’s so disgusting the way I was questioned and spoken to I honestly felt like a criminal. They never call with any updates I’m the one always chasing them up I’ve never seen anything so unprofessional. They are quick to take your money every month for your policy but when it comes to getting a cent out of them it’s almost impossible! I will never be using this insurance company again and I urge everyone to stay away. I will not be letting this go and will be following this up to the best of my ability with the insurance ombudsman and even my lawyer if need be. Worst company to deal with and horrible service I can’t wait till this is all done!

April 12th 2019 Update: Please Stay Away! No One Insurer With This Company!!!

With a on going 3 month investigation and being interviewed twice and getting treated like a criminal I’m here to let everyone know please don’t insurer with this company. It will be the biggest mistake you ever make! Don’t even let me start with the staff about how rude they are. They never keep their word I’m the one chasing everything up. The stress I’m going through especially being pregnant and having two young children you can imagine how hard it is not having a car. Please everyone if you know what’s best for you please stay away from this corrupt company I’ve never experienced such a traumatic experience like this especially with me being the victim I wasn’t even at fault. I can not stress it enough guys please don’t go with this company. Bunch of thieves

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

ok now

I logged a claim in December 2018 and it was finalized recently and my car was fixed. the car was repaired by the insurance company's proposed repairer and they did a good job.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2018

People hit you from back your bumper is unto halves from middle and is your fault

5years ,if I was changing lanes why first they hit the bumper at the middle and then turn my car? when they were trying to change lanes?approved by at fault!

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2017

Like all the others

My car insurance premium went from $597 in 2018-19 to $1200+ for 2019-20. I spoke more than once with Allianz staff who were extremely polite and asked questions from supervisors etc After changing the policy slightly I paid Just under $1100. BUT. cover and premium still better value than the other major insurers I compared. Can’t comment on claims service. I gave 3 stars because I am not happy that insurers put up premiums because the area you live in had a hail storm in 2018 or a bush fire thousands of miles away.

Car ModelPorsche Cayenne
Claim MadeNo

Allianz is biggest scam, should be shut down

After staying with these thugs for 12 months and paying full prices for the year, these shameless people sent me renewal notice and added almost $200 more than previous year. Called them and this is how this scam works. Their highest rating is 6 but no one is ever given this rating, even a driver who has never had a claim is only given highest rating of 4 starts. This is how they increase their premium when you first take policy. Then if you ever made a claim they reduce your rating by 2 starts (fault/no fault) but for every year you have no claim your rating goes up by 0.5 start, so it takes you 4 years to go back to 4 starts and may be a life time to achieve 6 star rating. You have to pay them for 4 years to get 2 star rating so it works as you pay us money and we increase your star rating. In the mean time, even when you have made no claim, they keep on increasing your premium. People in their customer service are pathetic same as those who make decisions. NO regard for customers, all about extorting more money and pay their share holders. I think in order to make more money, Allianz will soon start negative rating system so they insure you but change thousand of $. When you call they give you three excuses "we have got more claim from this area" but can't give you details. 2. "your car is now another year old so parts are expansive" and 3 'your area has more high end vehicles". The poor customer is clean bowled by one of the 3 standard, scripted non-sense reasons. When you want to talk to a senior manager, oh no can't talk, probably coz they have gone on expansive overseas holidays all paid for by your premiums. Other things to notices that they got rid of $500 excess and now it starts with $600 but still charge high premium.
Morale of story is stay away from this Scammer insurer called Allianz as no matter what they will increase your premium every years so best to shop around and insurer your car with someone who cares as no one in ALLIANZ does. I am going back to my poor old BD.

Car ModelAudi A4 B9

Lack of customer service

I just spoke to someone on the phone from Sydney office (with an Indian accent, can't remember her name). She was talking like a robot, did not have any customer service skills i.e no empathy, no building relationship with clients. Please employ people who want to work and deserve this position. This is a shame!!!

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

Should be able to choose zero stars, these clowns don't even deserve one

The worst customer service. Twice in 2 years. First one i was reversed into, so not my fault. It took nine months to get a rubber guard replaced under the front bumper. I spoke to a VERY rude person on the phone, who told me I had to wait for the part to come from a wreckers!!!! Told her that's not why i pay for the "premium" cover. I had to actually go to the trouble of writing a 'strongly worded' email to the manager and eventually got the part that was required to finish the claim. I had 2 cars full comp insured with these jokers. Had to buy a new car and wanted the same insurance policy. Saleman told me I couldn't have it, but so rude about it. I said I can go to YOUI and get the insurance I wanted, and he told me "go ahead" . So I cancelled both policies, he couldn't give a toss.
Check out YOUI's reviews, totally the opposite from this bloody mob. Eventually I went with the insurance from Toyota new car. I'm so angry at Allianz, been with them for over 10 years. House and contents are going next. Thank you [name removed] from Allianz. Actually saved myself a whole lotta dollars and also I wont ever have to deal with any of your staff who have no idea how to talk to customers. Surprised you have any left

Car ModelHolden Astra
Claim DateJanuary 2017
Claim ApprovedYes

Excess increased to more than repair costs

Allianz increased Excess from $650 to $850 last year (2018). I hadn't noticed the change on my renewal. According to Allianz it was to reduce premium costs, which always go up annually regardless. In other words, you wouldn't know if this was true or spin.

I've not made a claim in 30 years, and a kangaroo hit to front end cost $4,500+ in 1989 (they wrote car off in fact). This time, it cost $1500. Not bad after 30 years of inflation. Cars are definitely cheaper to repair today. Allianz's preferred repairer came in at $1500, whereas shopping around and fixing bumper clips reduced the cost to $750. A friend's claim a few years back was also much higher through Allianz's preferred repairer (about 30+% more).

When car insurance becomes too expensive to use, and the Excess higher than the actual repair cost - I see no justification for increasing this. In the end, you have insurance for nothing but a write-off scenario (and then get paid a fraction of replacement cost). I applaud that new cars are substantially cheaper to repair today, but don't see premium or Excess reductions that reflect this. Lots of baseless reasons for the increase however.

Claim was made and cancelled. Time to find new insurance cover for my car. Good bye Allianz.