Allianz Car Insurance
See the Best Car Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Allianz

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (26)
    • 1-2 weeks (24)
    • 2-4 weeks (23)
    • 1-2 months (32)
    • 3+ months (44)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (117) · No (34)

Ardavan
Ardavan

Easy peasy Allianzy

No hassle online job .good value , best customer service .can’t fault them.

chris morris
chris morrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a surprise I got a lovely discount.

I didn't even have to ask for a discount on my yearly car policy and got one..even though that was what I was calling for. Add my daughter onto the policy, easy as....I'm glad I have stayed with them for 7 years.

no thank you
no thank youSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for me so far

I have been with Allianz for approx 20 years.competitive prices when I changed over from racq saved approx $240
Lodged one claim and I was not driver at fault and they made it so easy by following up and lodging against their insurance company. Orgainised in a timely manner and convenience my car to be fixed. Have used roadside 3 times and the people that came are professinal friendly and fixed me up on the spot, again minimal wait time and compatable charge for new battrry not over priced

Mon
Mon

Terrible - expensive and no refund on cancelling

I had been charged my monthly premium the day before and had requested cancellation. Instead of informing me insurance would finish up to where I’d paid they cancelled it from the day of request with no option to get a refund since it was (one day) less than a month paid up. I’m cancelling because I can no longer afford it so it makes it extra bitter to think I’ve paid a month that I won’t be covered for at all. Thumbs down. Never again.

Nuckkagod
NuckkagodHell

Alliance workers insurance

Gave me debt while injured said I could get treatment and when it came to pay the bill they wont I owe docters because of them falsely accepting my claims then later denying liability.

Greg
GregNorth Queensland, QLD

This is perfect for what we have and I wouldn’t use anyone else

The policy was easy to set up. I have not lodged any claims as of yet. I have have been with insurance company for 12 months. I have not needed road side assistance.

Matthew
MatthewMid North Coast, NSW

Dont even bother, not worth the stress and money

please do not use allianz. Claims are a mess and you have to do all the work

• Insurance TypeComprehensive

Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
Tammy
TammyPerth, WA

fantastic to deal with and great value

Policy price increase unreasonable

My comprehensive policy price went up by 45%. Information about the increase was not clear and when I got a quote online as if I was a new customer, the quote was less than I was paying before! Have ditched Alliance and now paying even less than before with another company.

Concerned customer
Concerned customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Steers customers and uses bullying tactics

Allianz forces it’s customers into their selected repairers/subservient repairers by not doing business with real cost repairers who use genuine parts and quote in real time rates. If you take a stand against them they stonewall you, and cancel you policy, if you take them to AFCA you win and they repeat over and over again. Junk insurance!

The insurance company that makes me feel insecured

You better know how to teleport before going into business with them.
Wanted to pre-book my car hire 1 week prior to my repair date and got refused due to “their policy”. Went along with their policy and book the car hire AFTER I send my car away, waited for over total 3 hours on phone/ paperwork transitions where they promise me they will be in touch within 1 hour. I had to call back myself because it’s nearly end of trading hour for car hire place, and find out they have no car for me to hire until 6 days later. (My car repair will only take 3-5 days) I have work to go and my kid has school everyday, either they didn’t care or they thought that I have the ability to teleport. A great place to waste your money and mental torture.

Mieke
MiekeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

reasonable ok

You had a problem with your system and the panelbeaters system, so it took months for the car to be repaired

Shocking price increases

Rang to change my address and then tried to charge me an additional $25. When I was on hold I got another quote and saved over $100 for the year. When I said I got a cheaper price. They would not match it. This company does not reward loyalty actually penalise you for it. Please shop around.

Dan M.
Dan M.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

They lost my business that's for sure.

Non customer
Non customer

Recommended o’brien to fix windscreen. O’brien do not respond

Did not offer alternate repairers. Windscreen still not fixed. Not happy

Nicky C.
Nicky C.asked
Car Insurance

If my car is unregistered but still covered by insurance is my car still covered in a storm unregistered

Karen G.
Karen G.asked
Car Insurance

I would like to know who else is insured with Allianz and has had a hail damage claim rejected.

Geethani
Geethaniasked
Car Insurance

I want to know allianz approved repairers around south Eastern suburbs in Victoria.

See all Allianz Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Allianz representatives

Allianz Car Insurance

Details ·

Compare all 4 Allianz Car Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Landlord, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord, Life and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and TheftCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days

Not Applicable

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncludedNot Applicable
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Optional extra, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days

Not Applicable

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $100 per day up to 21 days

Included up to $100 per day up to 21 days

Not Applicable

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000 or market value, whichever is the lesser clalimNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier of 2 years from original registration

Not Applicable

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $750Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000Not Applicable
Accidental Loss or Damage