Car insurance can’t live without it

Came up for renewal so I renewed without question. I have held insurance with Allianz for many years now I lodged a claim some years ago when my car was stolen it was resolved satisfactorily

Car ModelKia Cerato
Raymond R.

Raymond R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Communications need improvement

I objected to the rate increase and asked for a review before looking at alternatives, no reply
I followed up on the email and again no reply
I followed up again and received the rate sheet again but no mention that the rate had been reviewed, i was about to commit to Youi and only then did i realized the rate had been reduced and i committed to Allianz

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSouth West, WA

Great Product

The policy is good value. I have not lodged a claim on this policy but have for another vehicle and the service was great. No hassles, quick and easy to do over the phone.
We have been with the company for about 20 years.

Claim MadeNo
Car ModelIsuzu D-MAX RC (2012-Present)

Aaron

AaronMurray Mallee, SA

Turn Back, Do Not Take Up Insurance With Allianz

Claim MadeNo
Car ModelToyota HiLux MK7.I (2005-2008)
lexxel

lexxelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Insurance premiums to an old age pension for 3 years is 10600 dollars

Dean

DeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pay by the month - can't beat it!

Whilst I have not had to make a claim for some years I have found my cover to be perfect for my needs. Direct debit by monthly installments makes it easy to budget and I don't need to remember to make the payment.

Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer
alias

aliasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

excellent customer service

was driving peacefully on Greensborough bypass road, that suddenly the front car stopped the car, made reverse and bumped my car!!then she escaped the scene!!. chased her and stopped her.
submit the claim online, but follow up with emails and fax them the scene and my explanation.investigation by their customer service went well and they found out that its her fault so they waived my extra.
highly recommend

Jay

JayIllawarra, NSW

Absolute nightmare

Never dealt with more of a painful insurance company in my life, put a claim in up to 3 weeks ago and keep getting told that it’s in investigation but never hear anything back, I’m constantly put on hold for up to hours on end sometimes trying to find out what’s going on just to be told the same thing, most unprofessional people iv ever had to deal with would never recommend these guys to anyone.

jdarji09

Terrible - 2.5 weeks and no word

Harry

HarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not even worth the 1 star

Car was stolen neatly 2 months ago and still going around in circles - each time you phone you wait at least 30min and then get through to a different person each time! They then spend 10 familiarizing themselves with your case and then do nothing - they keep asking their assessor for information that he gave them 5 weeks ago - they can’t even read their own forms!!! Their assessor and are 100% aligned in settlement but the admin idiots in the office have no clue. Don’t rely on emails only they don’t look at them until you phone!!

Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Car ModelLand Rover Discovery 4
Teliocide

TeliocideDarwin, NT

Allianz keeps asking for things that dont exist or we have no control over

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateOctober 2019
Lin

LinSouth East Queensland, QLD

I don’t even want to give 1 star

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

Will never buy car insurance with allianz again

Never receive the info pack since I purchased the policy, which they told me they'll send to me, even after calling them a few times to follow-up. They sent the T&C a year later when I wanted to cancel it. Very dodgy service. I'll never buy this again.

Brad

Brad

Easy online claims process for not a fault

Joined Allianz for price, but had a rear end, not a fault, last Wednesday night. Went home and lodged a claim online. Seemed to be a fully automated process, didn't have to talk to anyone, chose my repairer and had it dropped off for repair that Saturday. By the following Thursday it was ready for pickup. Again with no communications with Allianz other than the email saying claim approved. Compared to RACV (2 claims), they are miles ahead. Never going RACV again.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Car ModelBMW 3 Series F30

Worst. AVOID IT

This is the worst company ever! I am a third party n my car got scratched by Allianz's client. Took 3months to get my claim approve and they are now refusing to cover for my loan car fee. Send in an email with few cases law and a settlement letter to demand payment from me while I am not even at fault! This email threatens me to accept their offer and ask me to pay for loan car fee or else they would find a lawyer to sue me while I am not even the at fault party. This company has no ethics in doing business. AVOID IT.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelBMW 3 Series
Dave Mackay

Dave MackayFar North Queensland, QLD

Allianz use damaged secondhand parts to repair your car

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2019
Car ModelVolkswagen Polo AW 70TSI Trendline
Harry Osmond

Harry OsmondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Caught me once but NEVER again

I took out Comprehensive Insurance with $5k cover for accessories and GAP insurance on my 4x4.

Car got stolen 7 weeks ago and still no settlement - their assessor uses Gumtree as a measure for the "market Value" of your accessories so your $ 1500 bulbar is only worth ~$100 a year later.

Then to make it worse they take the Accessories $$ (that I paid out of my own pocket) and use that to reduce this bill under the GAP insurance because the finance settlement figure is higher than their Gumtree Evaluation. So in summary I have not vehicle, I have to pay $ 1000 excess and I get $ 0.00 settlement

They ignore ALL emails and you wait 30-40 minutes to talk to an operator that cant help you anyhow.

I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Wazza

WazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from this insurance company

This is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. They will do everything to not pay ur legitimate claim. Over 5 hours of wait time every time u call. They don’t call u to update u on ur claim and u have to call them everytime . Their assessor are people who will try to Intimidate u and be rude to u . From their action they will tell ubas if u r lying . It’s just amazing how bad their customer service and all other departments are . Stay away from them even if u have to pay more to do so . I have 3 cars and have had experience with GGU and AaMi and these guys were top class and I never had an issue with them .

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Car ModelJeep Commander
juri

juriNorth Western Region, NSW

terrible they asked me 1100 dollars more then nrma,,,

way to expensive sorry they asked me 2400 for the same insurance i pay 1200 with nrma,sorry but again way to expensive and poor costumer service also , i stay with nrma,