Allianz Car Insurance

Allianz Car Insurance

Worst insurance company ever!

It has been over 2 months since I lodged my claim and I’ve never been so disgusted in my life! I was hit from behind (not even my fault) and my car was written off and it has been a nightmare ever since. I have 2 girls that attend school they ended up taken the rental car back leaving me with no car or answers. They ended up investigating the claim and I provided them with everything they needed and cooperated and 2 months later they are still trying to find a reason not to pay! It’s so disgusting the way I was questioned and spoken to I honestly felt like a criminal. They never call with any updates I’m the one always chasing them up I’ve never seen anything so unprofessional. They are quick to take your money every month for your policy but when it comes to getting a cent out of them it’s almost impossible! I will never be using this insurance company again and I urge everyone to stay away. I will not be letting this go and will be following this up to the best of my ability with the insurance ombudsman and even my lawyer if need be. Worst company to deal with and horrible service I can’t wait till this is all done!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Unprofessional and irresponsible

I lodged a claim about four months ago since then I have been over looked. Before writing this, I sent an email to claims department advising them about this review, as expected They didn't pay any attention.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2018

People hit you from back your bumper is unto halves from middle and is your fault

5years ,if I was changing lanes why first they hit the bumper at the middle and then turn my car? when they were trying to change lanes?approved by at fault!

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2017

Like all the others

My car insurance premium went from $597 in 2018-19 to $1200+ for 2019-20. I spoke more than once with Allianz staff who were extremely polite and asked questions from supervisors etc After changing the policy slightly I paid Just under $1100. BUT. cover and premium still better value than the other major insurers I compared. Can’t comment on claims service. I gave 3 stars because I am not happy that insurers put up premiums because the area you live in had a hail storm in 2018 or a bush fire thousands of miles away.

Car ModelPorsche Cayenne
Claim MadeNo

Allianz is biggest scam, should be shut down

After staying with these thugs for 12 months and paying full prices for the year, these shameless people sent me renewal notice and added almost $200 more than previous year. Called them and this is how this scam works. Their highest rating is 6 but no one is ever given this rating, even a driver who has never had a claim is only given highest rating of 4 starts. This is how they increase their premium when you first take policy. Then if you ever made a claim they reduce your rating by 2 starts (fault/no fault) but for every year you have no claim your rating goes up by 0.5 start, so it takes you 4 years to go back to 4 starts and may be a life time to achieve 6 star rating. You have to pay them for 4 years to get 2 star rating so it works as you pay us money and we increase your star rating. In the mean time, even when you have made no claim, they keep on increasing your premium. People in their customer service are pathetic same as those who make decisions. NO regard for customers, all about extorting more money and pay their share holders. I think in order to make more money, Allianz will soon start negative rating system so they insure you but change thousand of $. When you call they give you three excuses "we have got more claim from this area" but can't give you details. 2. "your car is now another year old so parts are expansive" and 3 'your area has more high end vehicles". The poor customer is clean bowled by one of the 3 standard, scripted non-sense reasons. When you want to talk to a senior manager, oh no can't talk, probably coz they have gone on expansive overseas holidays all paid for by your premiums. Other things to notices that they got rid of $500 excess and now it starts with $600 but still charge high premium.
Morale of story is stay away from this Scammer insurer called Allianz as no matter what they will increase your premium every years so best to shop around and insurer your car with someone who cares as no one in ALLIANZ does. I am going back to my poor old BD.

Car ModelAudi A4 B9
Claim MadeNo

Lack of customer service

I just spoke to someone on the phone from Sydney office (with an Indian accent, can't remember her name). She was talking like a robot, did not have any customer service skills i.e no empathy, no building relationship with clients. Please employ people who want to work and deserve this position. This is a shame!!!

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim ApprovedYes

Should be able to choose zero stars, these clowns don't even deserve one

The worst customer service. Twice in 2 years. First one i was reversed into, so not my fault. It took nine months to get a rubber guard replaced under the front bumper. I spoke to a VERY rude person on the phone, who told me I had to wait for the part to come from a wreckers!!!! Told her that's not why i pay for the "premium" cover. I had to actually go to the trouble of writing a 'strongly worded' email to the manager and eventually got the part that was required to finish the claim. I had 2 cars full comp insured with these jokers. Had to buy a new car and wanted the same insurance policy. Saleman told me I couldn't have it, but so rude about it. I said I can go to YOUI and get the insurance I wanted, and he told me "go ahead" . So I cancelled both policies, he couldn't give a toss.
Check out YOUI's reviews, totally the opposite from this bloody mob. Eventually I went with the insurance from Toyota new car. I'm so angry at Allianz, been with them for over 10 years. House and contents are going next. Thank you [name removed] from Allianz. Actually saved myself a whole lotta dollars and also I wont ever have to deal with any of your staff who have no idea how to talk to customers. Surprised you have any left

Car ModelHolden Astra
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2017
Claim ApprovedYes

Excess increased to more than repair costs

Allianz increased Excess from $650 to $850 last year (2018). I hadn't noticed the change on my renewal. According to Allianz it was to reduce premium costs, which always go up annually regardless. In other words, you wouldn't know if this was true or spin.

I've not made a claim in 30 years, and a kangaroo hit to front end cost $4,500+ in 1989 (they wrote car off in fact). This time, it cost $1500. Not bad after 30 years of inflation. Cars are definitely cheaper to repair today. Allianz's preferred repairer came in at $1500, whereas shopping around and fixing bumper clips reduced the cost to $750. A friend's claim a few years back was also much higher through Allianz's preferred repairer (about 30+% more).

When car insurance becomes too expensive to use, and the Excess higher than the actual repair cost - I see no justification for increasing this. In the end, you have insurance for nothing but a write-off scenario (and then get paid a fraction of replacement cost). I applaud that new cars are substantially cheaper to repair today, but don't see premium or Excess reductions that reflect this. Lots of baseless reasons for the increase however.

Claim was made and cancelled. Time to find new insurance cover for my car. Good bye Allianz.

Claim ApprovedYes

If i could give you guys a zero i would

I just don't know where to start!
I wish i could do Zero stars because 1 star is beyond generous!
Rude staff.
They lost my claim and they had to re start.
Just to be lazy, they said both sides were at fault so they don't do any work!
i spent over 17 hours on sorting out this claim and went through 14 people in the company to get 1 claim sorted.
Don't waste your time with these clowns.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Very bad service

I have the worse experience with Allainz , I have a comprehensive cover for my car or what Allianz called it prestige cover for a brand new car which I bought in 2017 with another policy on the same car that will ptrotect the value of the car for 5 years .
I December 2018 my car was damaged by the bad hail in Sydney , I made the claim and after waiting for 3 weeks they sent me the details of the repairer in Smithfield area who inspect the car and said they will repair it by replacing the roof , the bonnet the tail gate and fix the rest of the hail dent and spray the car with the manufacture paint and we will have life long warranty on the repair with out providing us with a report of scope of the work he is going to do . We received a phone call from the repairer to collect the car we reviewed the car the slide roof was not working which he said that he will fix it and the roof panels were not on , he said it still overseas and will arrive in 2 weeks and he will call to and will fix it and still there is paint loss on the back bumper which is not sprayed ,we asked why the repairer said that’s the instructions of the issurance . .I contacted Allianz twice the first employee told they don’t have any record of such instruction the next day I received an email saying that the repairerer doesn’t think that this 1 cm paint scratch was caused by the hail !! I contacted them again and received the same reply . I think they are big by name only and the problem that we don’t have good regulations to protect the customer.
They are very happy when they collect the money for the policy and very bad when it will come to pay for the repair .
I will try the fair trade and will see if they will help

Well, good luck!!

Can't be bothered writing the details. Just don't put yourself through 'The Allianz Experience'. Disappointed that I fell for all their marketing. Shame on me. Oh, however, they are happy to take your money.

Insurance claim madeNo

It’s worse than Centrelink phone lines

Have been on hold for more than 1 hour, spoke with three consultants but have been hand balled to the next line.. paitiently waiting... now I’m again still waiting another hour.. I didn’t think it would be so hard to talk to any representative.. from Allianz.. terrible service

Insurance claim madeYes

Nine months on I am still waiting

Over eight months ago I hit a traffic island My rim was destroyed and engine stopped. I had signed up with them less than a year earlier when I purchased a demo from a dealer
I called their claims line to organise a tow. Their operator chose the repairer and had the car Towed to their repairer. I had one months rental car provided on my business policy. Thought everything was sweet. It was two weeks before the repairer ordered the parts.

A couple of months the later I was told that the assessor had seen the car all good just needed to reset the computer to remove the dash lights

Repairer could not find coupling point. I had to go to dealer and get photo copied instructions for them. Their computer then couldn't read and reinstate dash. Leave car for a other three days. Oh, seems we need a new controller for the seat belt. We will order it.

The car was all over the road and could not drive in a straight line. Took it to dealer who was horrified, the ball joint was loose and the front wheel had 10 degree play. Dealer tightened joint. Dealer put in writing that suspension needed to be checked as it still had too much play

Took letter to repairer.

After 6 months still no news on controller. Rang repairer to follow up. Still waiting for part from [name removed]. Rang [name removed] part ordered three days ago. Not happy.

Rang Allianz, asked what they were doing to supervise
repair, they did not know it was ongoing. Doing nothing.

Informed them that repairs not finishef and that what had been done was shonky. Sent letter from dealer

Car was reassessed, not properly repaired. Suspension specialist noted knuckles damaged not replaced. Should not have been driving it without seat belt air bag controller.

It is now Jan going on Feb. For last couple of months I am waiting because the guy who programs the controller is on holidays. There is only one in Sydney?

When I put in my claim they doubled my premium to over two hundred s month. By the time I get my car back I will have paid for the majority of the repairs by instalments, called premium payments on car I can't drive.

The companies oversight of the repairs work was non existent. I had to follow up the repairer to get anything done. Assessor initially signed off on dangerous invomplete repairs. No sense from customer service opperaters that there was any urgency or problem when a simple repair of a cars suspension takes nine months.

What more can I say? When I get my car back it will go back to the NRMA who holds our other policies. I have never experienced anything like this before.lll

Avoid Allianz / MINI Financial Services Car Insurance

Like many other reviewers, I would give Allianz a negative score if possible.

I was rear-ended and not at fault.

Allianz did not pursue the driver at fault as the driver claimed they were hit and pushed into my vehicle. I was charged an excess and listed as at fault and Allianz are now trying to increase my premium.

Repairs have been nothing short of a nightmare. Allianz do not respond to emails, do not respond to requests for recordings of calls, do not respond to the provision of accident details and diagrams, nor do they assign a case advisor to ensure rectification repairs are conducted smoothly.

It has been a completely one-sided exchange. Zero communication or updates from Allianz with the burden of following up and chasing answers completely on the insured.

My new vehicle has already been to the repairer 5 times and still hasn’t been repaired properly. It was only a small crack in the bumper and a slightly bent exhaust but since the repair, the boot has been leaking as the brake light wasn’t refitted properly by their recommended repairer - we’re talking a puddle of water at the bottom of the boot and moisture throughout.

Allianz has not called once to assist with the booking of recitification repairs and a replacement vehicle - that is all up to the insured.

And forget about changing addresses. They will continue to send mail to your old address 10 months later, especially notification that they are increasing your premium due to an accident that wasn’t your fault.

Stay away from Allianz as they are the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. However if you want to pay for a DIY policy and repairs that are not up to any reasonable standard and will potentially damage your vehicle further, by all means, take out a policy with Allianz / MINI Finanical Services.

Terrible Service

I had an accident two months ago, and I was not the faulty driver. I gave all the evidence that I was innocent. Whenever I call to inquire they always say that they will call me back soon. But now it has been two months, and it is really disappointing that I still haven't heard from them. I never thought this company will give such terrible and atrocious service

Never use this company

Not worth it, go to rac!! This company’s a bunch of theifs, and if you live remote they won’t even fix your car, just pay you what’s been quoted!!also my renewal jumped from 90 a month to 240 without notice,refused to refund. My new rac is 70 a month

Insurance claim madeYes

Roadside assistance damage cars then deny

Organise Alliance Roadside assistance to tow my car to my mechanic. Tow truck driver smashed driver side door into my fence then dropped at mechanics no mentioned of damaged caused then drove away. Now deny the whole thing Alliance deny the photographic evidence is not enough to prove so I'm stuck with the repair bill. Year of loyal full comprehensive insurance and this is how they treat their customers.

Insurance claim madeYes

Customer service and retention not a priority

Been with Allianz for years. No interest in looking after a customer by working with them to find a resolution.

Insurance claim madeNo

Disorganised, inefficient, a nightmare to deal with.

I was in a car accident in which my car was rear-ended. The person who rear-ended my car was covered with Allianz, and so I have been going through Allianz for the claim. It has been an absolute nightmare. It's now been 7 weeks since the accident and I haven't received compensation.

To start with, after the accident I was told a tow truck would be organised to remove my car from the site of the accident to a repairer. I waited all day as I was told I had to be with my car for it to be picked up. By the afternoon I called Allianz to check. After waiting on hold I was told the tow truck had never been ordered by mistake.

Shortly after, I received a call from an external assessor. I was surprised as I had not been told anyone was going to assess my car, but simply that it was being taken to a smash repairs. The assessor told me my car was written off and deregistered and told me a ridiculous figure for the pre-accident value of my car. He then told me I had to pay for my car to be towed from the smash repairs immediately.

I called Allianz and told them I was unhappy with the assessors figure. They sent me an email with instructions on how to dispute it, great. I followed their instructions and sent the email. I kept calling every few days to see if there was an update and every time was told nothing yet. After a couple of weeks one lady from Allianz told me they didn't have my email or the email originally sent to me in their records. I was shocked as I had been calling about this email over the past couple of weeks. I asked how the email could have disappeared and she simply didn't know. She promised me she would personally keep a close eye on my case to ensure it didn't happen again. Surprise surprise, haven't heard anything from her since despite emailing her.

So, I sent another email, and this time I also sent my examples directly to the assessor. When I called to follow up on it, surprise! Allianz didn't receive that email either. Of course I was frustrated and tried to figure out why, but the email addresses were all correct and the assessor had received the email, just not Allianz. A lady from Allianz then told me that their system just isn't very good and lost emails happen to a lot of people, not just me. Can you imagine a huge company having a terrible email system, so bad their employees know how bad it is and aren't surprised that multiple emails go missing?

In the end after calling Allianz multiple times I finally got a result - exactly the same completely unreasonable figure. The lady on the phone told me if I chose to dispute it again, it would go to Allianz internal assessors. Great! I followed all their instructions and sent examples of private seller ads of cars very similar to mine at much much higher prices than their figures. I waited over a week and called twice and in the end, they offered me even less. I asked how they came to that figure given that my examples were completely different to what they offered and they couldn't explain it.

Not sure where to go from here but I'll definitely be seeking outside help in resolving this. This has been a complete nightmare, waiting on hold for cumulative hours, dealing with mysteriously "lost" emails, abysmal communication, intimidating people and inexplicable decisions by Allianz. Still have no car and no money to show for it after nearly 2 months. I haven't even mentioned the debacle of the hire car organised through Allianz, which they told me they would extend... twice. And didn't extent... twice. I'll be avoiding Allianz at all costs in the future. I've talked to people who have had infinitely better experiences with GIO.

Outstanding service level

I have had my car insurance with Allianz car insurance for almost 3 years. Recently I had an accident (Not at fault) and one phone call to Allianz took care of everything I needed to have my car repaired. They also arranged a loan car for me through a third party (Compasscorp). I had no stress or unnecessary questions asked by the insurance company and I was impressed by their service level. However, Allianz referred me to 'Alto body shop' in Artarmon and I wasn't happy with their repair quality, specially, non helping attitude of the 'technical people' at alto body shop; while the lady in reception (Libby) went out of her way to resolve my issue. When I complained to allianz about service level and unsatisfactory repair by 'alto body shop', Allianz took immediate action and resolved my issues the next day.
Many of us look for cheaper insurance premiums for understandable reasons. While Allianz Car insurance's premium may be a little more than some other insurance companies, I realised, in time of need how helpful it could be to be with an insurance company like Allianz.