Harry

HarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not even worth the 1 star

Car was stolen neatly 2 months ago and still going around in circles - each time you phone you wait at least 30min and then get through to a different person each time! They then spend 10 familiarizing themselves with your case and then do nothing - they keep asking their assessor for information that he gave them 5 weeks ago - they can’t even read their own forms!!! Their assessor and are 100% aligned in settlement but the admin idiots in the office have no clue. Don’t rely on emails only they don’t look at them until you phone!!

Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Car ModelLand Rover Discovery 4

Teliocide

TeliocideDarwin, NT

Allianz keeps asking for things that dont exist or we have no control over

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateOctober 2019
Lin

LinSouth East Queensland, QLD

I don’t even want to give 1 star

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

Will never buy car insurance with allianz again

Never receive the info pack since I purchased the policy, which they told me they'll send to me, even after calling them a few times to follow-up. They sent the T&C a year later when I wanted to cancel it. Very dodgy service. I'll never buy this again.

Brad

Brad

Easy online claims process for not a fault

Joined Allianz for price, but had a rear end, not a fault, last Wednesday night. Went home and lodged a claim online. Seemed to be a fully automated process, didn't have to talk to anyone, chose my repairer and had it dropped off for repair that Saturday. By the following Thursday it was ready for pickup. Again with no communications with Allianz other than the email saying claim approved. Compared to RACV (2 claims), they are miles ahead. Never going RACV again.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Car ModelBMW 3 Series F30

Worst. AVOID IT

This is the worst company ever! I am a third party n my car got scratched by Allianz's client. Took 3months to get my claim approve and they are now refusing to cover for my loan car fee. Send in an email with few cases law and a settlement letter to demand payment from me while I am not even at fault! This email threatens me to accept their offer and ask me to pay for loan car fee or else they would find a lawyer to sue me while I am not even the at fault party. This company has no ethics in doing business. AVOID IT.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series

Dave Mackay

Dave MackayFar North Queensland, QLD

Allianz use damaged secondhand parts to repair your car

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2019
Car ModelVolkswagen Polo AW 70TSI Trendline

Harry Osmond

Harry OsmondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Caught me once but NEVER again

I took out Comprehensive Insurance with $5k cover for accessories and GAP insurance on my 4x4.

Car got stolen 7 weeks ago and still no settlement - their assessor uses Gumtree as a measure for the "market Value" of your accessories so your $ 1500 bulbar is only worth ~$100 a year later.

Then to make it worse they take the Accessories $$ (that I paid out of my own pocket) and use that to reduce this bill under the GAP insurance because the finance settlement figure is higher than their Gumtree Evaluation. So in summary I have not vehicle, I have to pay $ 1000 excess and I get $ 0.00 settlement

They ignore ALL emails and you wait 30-40 minutes to talk to an operator that cant help you anyhow.

I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Wazza

WazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from this insurance company

This is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. They will do everything to not pay ur legitimate claim. Over 5 hours of wait time every time u call. They don’t call u to update u on ur claim and u have to call them everytime . Their assessor are people who will try to Intimidate u and be rude to u . From their action they will tell ubas if u r lying . It’s just amazing how bad their customer service and all other departments are . Stay away from them even if u have to pay more to do so . I have 3 cars and have had experience with GGU and AaMi and these guys were top class and I never had an issue with them .

Car ModelJeep Commander
juri

juriNorth Western Region, NSW

terrible they asked me 1100 dollars more then nrma,,,

way to expensive sorry they asked me 2400 for the same insurance i pay 1200 with nrma,sorry but again way to expensive and poor costumer service also , i stay with nrma,

Alaina

AlainaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not Happy Jan

Maybe you should try employing more Staff! Keeping your Customers on Hold for over an Hour is Disgusting. Making excuses as to why, is adding to the disrespect.
I will take my Insurance elsewhere, treat Me like an insignificant number and I'll leave you in an instant where i will be treated with Respect and common courtesy

LJG

LJGDuffy 2611, ACT

Cheap BUT Nasty

Peace of mind until you need to claim, then 5 - 7 hour wait time to talk to someone about my claim. Their automated system called me back in the middle of the night only to put me on hold for 20 minutes until someone from overseas who had no access to the claims system and could tell me nothing got on the phone.

A week later after they towed my car I still have no idea what is going on, every time I have spoken to someone I get told something different

So disorganised I have had a smash repairer and O'Brien glass calling me directly to find out why my car wasn't at appointments to be assessed when Allianz was making arrangements

No one can tell me what is going on

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Car ModelBMW

Noel

NoelSouth East Queensland, QLD

By far the worst company to deal with, have had nothing but trouble dealing with this "business" stupid

I was forced into taking out an insurance policy on my insurance by the dealership Mazda for starters which I paid for out of my own pocket. So I've now canceled it and asked for a refund, only to be told the refund will go to my financier. Now I don't know why they sent it to them because I paid for it put of my own pocket and they can only say, "oh well we have no clue" who the f says that!? Stupid idiots in that credits team and that refund that has gone to my financier is nowhere to be found. Allianz are a grubby bunch

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2018
Car ModelMazda 3 BM

Umer F.

Umer F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very bad customer service

this company Allianz try to not pay you the claim, please I am dead honest as per my experience this company is one of the biggest fraud, they will try their best not to pay you and they will try every tactics. please don't go for Allianz.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Never again Allianz

Just before Xmas had an accident I was at fault just tired not paying full attention. Immediately put a claim through, now 4 weeks later I'm finally told after numerous phone calls asking for updates that my $9000 car is only worth $3800 but I'm only getting $2600 What a complete rip off! Been with allianz for almost 5 years will never use them or recommend them to anyone.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Car ModelMazda 3

Increase in insurance premium

Insurance premium increased for living in an area with higher claims. Inspite if having a good star rating and making no claims, no discounts were offered. Premium increases for living in an area with higher claims which is not acceptable

Claim MadeNo

Not value for the money, unreliable

Ja

Jahornsby

can't get worse than this insurance, highest premiums, low knowledge, low understanding, low support.

Ricky D.

Ricky D.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Worse insurance company ever

Bought a new car then hit a roo 3 months later tried to make a claim only to find out my policy had been canceled by allianz the same day. No emails, no calls or letters in the mail. DONT TRUST THEM!!!!

Claim DateNovember 2019
Car ModelMitsubishi Triton

avoid this insurance company

i let my insurance policy of an agreed value roll over into the new year
i had an accident and my car was a write off and i discovered that they devalued my car by 40% in 12mths
i spoke to them about this and i was told i agreed by continuing my policy with them
i never agreed to devaluing my car , i agreed to keep it insured with them by letting it roll over and not going to another insurer
they would not review this nor do they have an internal dispute department
i would never touch this insurance company again ever and i will never recommend them either

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Car ModelAlfa Romeo 159 Sedan (2006-2012)