Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

4.4 from 1,145 reviews

The renewal process was quick and very good. It did not take me a lot of time.

The policy was a good value for me and the Allianze representative, Jenny Nguyen, friendly explained the available options and helped me through the purchasing process. Since September of 2018 which I purchased the OSHC from Allianz, I have not lodged any claimes up to now. However, I feel that the lodgment and resolving of a claim should not be time-consuming.

Thanks Maziar, that's great to hear! Kind regards, Tegan

Leonard

LeonardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Convenient

I have been with Allianz since 2015. Most of the time you don't need to pay if the bulk bill is available, if this is not the case, you can usually get pay within a week after you submit a claim.

Coverage TypeFamily

Thanks so much for the review Leonard! Regards, Tegan

was good and perfect policy and now I'm with the same company with a different policy.

Very good value of the customer with a different policy. I have been 33 months with this insurance company. sometimes it was offering different motivational tips to us like summer tips etc. So again I use this company for my OBHC.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Kapil, thanks for sharing your feedback and I'm so glad your found our tips and information useful! Kind regards, Tegan

Edwin

EdwinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service

It was easy get it, and the policy was good value for my. The claim was easy for my, because I needed just a medical service. I have been for 8 months

Thanks so much for the review Edwin! Regards, Tegan

Sean Go

Sean GoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very efficient and fast in doing the claims and NO hassles of any kind

Efficient and Fast
File my claim form thru email, immediately got reply from Allianz and after few business days the fund was credited to my designated account without any troubles, highly recommended to my friends

That is so great to hear Sean! Kind regards, Tegan

Palwinder Kaur

Palwinder KaurFar North Queensland, QLD

Great Experience with Suzanne

Thanks to Suzanne, she help me a lot with OSHC & OVHC. For 2 and half year I'm with Allianz, my claim resolved with in one week , I'm happy with my policy.

That's great to hear Palwinder! Kind regards, Tegan

Great customer service.

Thanks to jinita shah, i came to upgrading my policy from single to dual. Thanks for explaining so nicely and saving my time.i have been withthe company for six months.

That's great to hear Harnaik! Regards, Tegan

Simple and easy

Simple and easy to apply, never claimed during the duration, so i have no idea on that part. One thing to improve is the on campus support, which in my case only available monday on my campus. Western Sydney University parramatta cbd campus.

Thanks for the feedback Hendra, we appreciate it. Regards, Tegan

It’s a very good policy.

This is the first time I have traveled to Australia. It was very convenient that the university itself had helped me with the insurance. Since it’s my first health cover and I have yet to use it I can’t say much here.

Thanks for sharing your feedback Bharath! Kind regards, Tegan

Nanda

NandaHunter Region, NSW

No hassles effective policy

Had an OSHC policy from Allianz. Being new to Australia from Asia was very apprehensive on many things. But the OSHC policy was clear and did not add any layer of complexity. Thankfully didn't have to avail medical services much but the few times I did for myself and my family the process was very straightforward. Claims was easy to process and proceed. Highly recommend.

Coverage TypeFamily

That is so wonderful to hear Nanda! Thanks for sharing. Regards, Tegan

BeaSydney, NSW

Not good service for what you pay

*The couples policy was not good value. It is too expensive for what they agree to pay.
*Lodging a claim (not related to minor costs like pharmaceutical expenses) is long and the amount of paperwork requested is insane (my partner lodged a claim for hospital costs and they even requested info that we found irrelevant to the case, e.g., my partner's visa when he was single from 2012).
*They canceled my partner's policy without letting us know (not even an email or a call).
*When we called to solve the issue, the guys at the customer service were giving us different info and prices.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Bea, I'm so sorry to hear that, but thank you for sharing your feedback. Is there anything I can do to help at this stage? Kind regards, Tegan

Okay, thank you for that Bea. Kind regards, Tegan

A good service leads to have happy customers

Had to use the health insurance a few times and I can only say thank you so much Allianz team for offering me the best health service. I really appreciate the efficiency to response to claims and the easy process set to do it. I definitely would recommend Allianz to get the Overseas Student Health Cover in Australia. The policy was absolutely good value.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks so much for the kind words and recommendation Ana, that's made our day! Regards, Tegan

Tarmabal R.

Tarmabal R.New South Wales

Fast and effective despite the technical issues

The service is fast and effective, I had no problem submitting my claims. However I had a lot of technical issues with my account. It seems like they had different systems with different password so I could only access to my account through the web but no to the phone app. I tried resetting my password multiple times, none of them work. After calling and resetting my account the problem was still there... Despite the technical difficulties the service was good.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Tarmabal, I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing technical difficulties with the app, but thank you for letting us know. I have passed your feedback onto the team who look after the website and app. Kind regards, Tegan

Top notch

The policy is extraordinary. The response of Allienz was excellent all the time. The service, the schemes, the options for treatments and doctors are wide. The reimbursement was immediate and accurate.

Thanks for the kind words Rogelio! Regards, Tegan

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

great experience

good service and convenient to use, at lease in my experience of seeing a GP and doing tests, there was no need to pay myself instead of showing the insurance card

Book AgainNo

Thanks for the review Lisa! Regards, Tegan

Cristina CarmonaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst ever for diabetics

They said that they will cover part of insulin purchase, that’s why I took Allianz, once you go to buy your insulin and submit the proofs to get part of you money back, because you are “covered” by them, they replied that they can’t cover the insulin.
Be careful, they are liars, don’t buy the insurance is you are diabetic, first be sure if they can cover part of your medicine... this insurance doesn’t cover diabetics

Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Cristina, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your claim experience. I'd like to look into your case, so will send you a private message for more details. Kind regards, Tegan

Juan

JuanPerth, WA

Excellent customer service

Yudy O'connell helped me to log a claim and contacted the IT department regarding my inability to use the mobile app. She made sure my contact details were correct and also emailed me a certificate of insurance for me to keep while I receive my card. Very polite and customer focused.

Thanks for the great feedback Juan! Kind regards, Tegan

Excellent customer service

Yudy Oconnell@murdochuniversity. The customer was very good and comfortable. It was excellent and she helped me a lot to get through the issue. She helped me to reset my account and get the app on my phone successfully.

Book AgainNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so great to hear Choeing! Thanks for leaving a review. Kind regards, Tegan

Jenny Nguyen patiently helped me solve the problem. That is perfect. Thank you.

yes, Alliance is a good company to help me solve problems,and if I will buy another health cover, I will choose Alliance as well. It is a good experience. Thanks

Thanks for the great feedback Tong! Regards, Tegan

Soviet

SovietSydney, NSW

Awesome experience using the Allianz service. I highly recommend OSHC from Allianz.

My policy was good value for money. Lodging claim online was a cakewalk. I am satisfied with the services Allianz provided to me. I have been with Allianz for 2 years running and hope to renew my membership here.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the feedback! Regards, Anthony.

See all Allianz Global Assistance reviews

Amit

Amitasked

I have been with Allianz more than 10 years. Since last 2-3 they have been providing terrible services. Specially, when I launched claim they were keep asking back dates documents which I dont suppose to provide them. I claimed my medical expenses which was on 2018 but they need my visa in between 2013-2016. Today I replied back email and mentioned clearly if you keep doing to avoid not accepting claim. I have to informed ombudsman resolves disputes. Please be aware they are
1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
4) Cannot claim personally. We need to claim through app online which is terrible.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.
6) You have waste time to inform everyone on public domain as well as fight back along with ombudsman.
7)When you will launch claim in person make sure atleast you should have 2-3 hours because I was 3 in queue and got my turn after 1 hour.
note :- This is all the problem I am facing so far. I am sure there are soo many people facing problem because this week when I went there office for launching claim i had been informed that I can only claim through app.

Amit

Amitasked

1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.

Sam

Samasked

Me and partner had single oshc policy for last 14 months with same provider We are planning to change as couple how can I change it what condition it will occur in pregnancy
Waiting for replay

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Sam, please call our contact centre to discuss, see https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/contact-us/

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Global Assistance representatives