Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

4.4 from 1,217 reviews

Renewing coverage

We are visiting from USA & got stranded in Australia longer than we expected because of the virus. We had coverage, but was to run out before we were permitted to leave Australia or know when it might happen. We extended our coverage & Greg @ Allianz was great in assisting us to extend. I would recommend to anyone to use your service.

Lidiane A.

Lidiane A.Sydney, NSW

Just ok. Bupa is better

I had a single appointment only and the insurance cover only 1/3 of it. It took me a while to get my refund because of a problem in the app that was never solved (which means that, if I were to get a refund again, I would have had to go to their central, in the city, the only one close). Not very convenient.

USyd Student

USyd StudentSydney, NSW

Deserves zero star!

Poor customer service! Terrible provider partners! Overall a nightmare! Useless at best! Was in excruciating pain April 2019; Caused further distress than be of service. More concerned with delivering their call centre script. Didn't know how to listen to customer who was in great pain. You will spend hours asking them a simple question!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

I'm very sorry to hear about this but thank you for your feedback.

Health Insurance

Find out how Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) compares to other Health Insurance

Beatrice

BeatricePerth, WA

It is the best cover ever, I will always recommend to my friends.

My policy was the best value and very easy to set up. The claims took a shorter time than I expected. I have been with Allianz for 3. 5 years.

Claim DateJanuary 2018
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so lovely to hear! Thanks Beatrice.

excellent!

I experienced problem with logon the account, then the staff-Emma in Griffithuni Gold Coast campus help me to contact with IT person to figure it. Appreciate it much. Now I can doing further steps successfully.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Great to hear Emma was able to help! Thanks for the feedback.

Z. WANG

Z. WANGPerth, WA

Perfect Service

I have to say this is a perfect service from Siew Ling at Taylors College Perth. I feel at ease when I come to her to help. I will recommend Alianz OSHC to my friends.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so good to hear! Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic Service

Emma Duckett at Griffith GC Campus is always fantastic about the way she provides the service. Thank you Emma for your support and advice during the last four years. I really appreciate your help.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the lovely feedback for Emma Abu!

Ruby

RubyLaunceston, TAS

Refund

Great service from the last six years but now when i have applied for the refund for my Oshc policy they are taking longer than usual processing time. It’s been already 15 days. No reply for the mails. And when u call the customer service they just said your refund will be processed in few days. No longer interested in taking any insurance from Allianz.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Ruby, I'm sorry to hear about this delay. I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Fantastic option for an International Student.

I have been with Allianz for two years and now purchased their OVHC policy. The service although not 100% tries to be one. It is a good service and had minimal to no trouble in the last two years. Would definitely recommend it to my friends who plan on taking the OSHC.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the review Kal!

Perfect Service

Policy is good and I lodged claim twice. I have been using that policy since last July as an international student. I think it is beneficial for students who is coming from other countries

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's great to hear! Thanks for the review Peshani.

Amina Mustafa

Amina MustafaCanberra Central 2601, ACT

This is perfect

I am Amina Mustafa admitted at Australian National University. My policy arranged by Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is really good. All queries are well handled immediately by Vratika Mehta. My policy will last for 3 years.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's fantastic to hear, thanks for the review Amina!

Great Service

Timely, hassle free and comprehensive service over the years. Most of our claims were processed efficiently and the feedback over different aspects has always been great. Highly recommended for students.

Coverage TypeFamily
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback Ali!

Z Li

Z LiPerth, WA

The refund process is a nightmare

Requested a refund of my OSHC policy due to getting PR, it took several weeks, three emails, two calls, I still have not received the refund or even a confirmation from them for 15 days already. they either ignore my emails or telling me to wait a few more days over the phone. I have received zero confirmation from them since the refund application and providing related documents

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll send you private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Thank you for your amazing service.... Sue

I got a problem with my OSHC Allianz application, I can not log in to that. You fixed this within 24 hours. thank you for your amazing and wonderful work and I feel happy to be the part of this health insurance

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so great to hear! Thanks for the review Anjaly.

Ravi

RaviSouth Australia

Dont even take the Student health cover from Allianz

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Ravi, I'm sorry to hear you've been disappointed, but thank you for sharing your feedback, I have passed it onto the team. Kind regards, Tegan

YourNeighbourTotoro

YourNeighbourTotoroSouth East Queensland, QLD

I enjoyed the service that you provided!

It was pretty amazing that I've been a part of this health insurance in Australia. Thank you for your service and help Allianz while I'm on a student visa recently. Thank you so much and Godbless!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the kind words Totoro!

Don’t join this insurance company

This company is good at getting your money but when you want the refund, it takes ages although they promised you within 14 days we will Contact you! Actually NO RESPONSE

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Siyue, I'm sorry to hear about this. I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Charles L.

Charles L.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Service

I got help from Jenny Nguyen on UQ st lucia campus. She is so kind and nice to help me make direct billing for my QML invoice. And I also appreciate the benefits that OSHC provides. They saved me much money on my medical testing and treatment.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Charles, thanks for sharing your positive feedback for Jenny!

Great experience!

I was helped by Emma Ducket at the Griffith University Gold coast campus. She was very kind and helpful with my questions and made it easy to get settled in

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the lovely feedback David!

Ilaina Rakotondrazaka

Ilaina RakotondrazakaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy inquiry

Great service from Monica Zhao at UQ St Lucia. She provided the necessary information and guidance for further needs. It was short but enough to proceed further and it inspired me confidence in my next endeavour.

Coverage TypeFamily
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Ilaina, thank you for the lovely feedback for Monica!

See all Allianz Global Assistance reviews

Lisa M.

Lisa M.asked

Are most hospitals in Australia public or private? My daughter will be attending UTS.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Lisa, Australia has both public and private hospitals, but there are more public hospitals in Australia than private ones. You may find this report useful for more detailed information: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hospitals/hospitals-at-a-glance-2017-18/contents/hospital-resources-and-diversity
Kind regards, Tegan

Amit

Amitasked

I have been with Allianz more than 10 years. Since last 2-3 they have been providing terrible services. Specially, when I launched claim they were keep asking back dates documents which I dont suppose to provide them. I claimed my medical expenses which was on 2018 but they need my visa in between 2013-2016. Today I replied back email and mentioned clearly if you keep doing to avoid not accepting claim. I have to informed ombudsman resolves disputes. Please be aware they are
1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
4) Cannot claim personally. We need to claim through app online which is terrible.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.
6) You have waste time to inform everyone on public domain as well as fight back along with ombudsman.
7)When you will launch claim in person make sure atleast you should have 2-3 hours because I was 3 in queue and got my turn after 1 hour.
note :- This is all the problem I am facing so far. I am sure there are soo many people facing problem because this week when I went there office for launching claim i had been informed that I can only claim through app.

Amit

Amitasked

1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Global Assistance representatives