Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

4.3 from 1,287 reviews

Health Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of health insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.3

1,287 reviews
Samp

SampPerth, WA

I was well supported and cared. Excellent service.

I am.very happy with the service. I got my claims on times and I am with Allianz since 2017 and continuing as a OSVH too. Yes it is a good value for money.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

The service is so good and thanks for the help!

I have been with this insurance company for 2 years. This call resolves my puzzle on student and visitor health insurance, and thanks a lot for Vivian's help. I will continue to buy insurance from the Allianz.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Ganeshan

GaneshanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Getting OSHC

Its a good policy. Anna Basa helped me to get the policy quickly. Every time I received a great customer service. Allianz is great and its located at a convenient location.

Health Insurance

Find out how Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) compares to other Health Insurance

lina

linaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

excellent customer service

The did not compare the policy value to others, but I am quite satisfied with it.
I have not logged any claims.
I have been with this insurance company for 3 years.

It was very satisfying

Yes it was easy to set up. However, i am not more use to this plan. ihad a good experience with my insurance company.
it took around 1-2 weeks to resolve my claim
I have been with this insurance company for 6months and many more to go.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

Everything went so smoothly. Sony provided me great support.

Yes. I have using this policy since one year now. I am an international students. I have the issue with login in to my account/ But not anymore. Thank you.

Claim MadeNo

The customer service explanation was clear and helpful

I ask them about the refund procedure and the explanation was really clear and helpful. The officer (Vratika Mehta) also sent me an email to help me understand what I need to provide to get a refund.

Excellent service

I was requesting for information on the refund policy for OSHC. Jinita was very professional and informative with what I have to do next! She even took the time to go through what I have to write on the refund form itself. Thanks Jinita!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the lovely feedback Joseph, it's fantastic to hear.

It's perfect service

I have spoken to Carmel my issues for the insurance card and she was very nice and has a long patience as i was new to this company. At first it was hard set up but with the help of Carmel i was able to lodge my insurance card easily.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's fantastic to hear Elvira, thanks so much for sharing!

Manjinder

ManjinderGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Customer Service. I have spoken to Soni and she was out standing.

I have spoken to Soni. she has answered all of my queries with patience. She gave me time to ask any questions and explained very well. The Best customer service person i have ever spoken to. Thanks again Soni.

Coverage TypeCouple
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Wow, thanks so much for this amazing feedback Manjinder, it means a lot to us. Kind regards, Tegan

The customer service received form Anna Base was exceptionally outstanding.I had my queries that were answered and she explained to me about my policy and what I could benefit from it. Thumbs up!!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so good to hear Carmen! Thanks for sharing.

Worst Customer service

Claim DateMarch 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I will send you a private message for further details to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

If you have lodged a claim, how long did it take to resolve your claim?
I submit a claim on Early March 2020 is almost July and didn't finalize it, I sent even the medical records of the hospital, but for the is not enough and they need the hospital fill up a form and the ER doctor sign.
It's insane, I think that I'm just going to lose my money because they think that even the medical record whit all the information is not good enough.
I don't recommend it at all super difficult and the Customer Service didn't help me at all.
IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE, I recommend you to go for Bupa they are hundred times more efficient.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Melissa, I'm very sorry to hear about this but I'd like to help if I can. I'll send you a private message for further details so I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

The service is perfect

I called the hotline there, talking with Jenny Nguyen, she helped me a lot, figured out how to fix the problems with me. I am very satisfied with her service.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so nice to hear Mai! Thanks for sharing.

sabrina

sabrinaPerth, WA

Super efficient

It was extremely easy to be directed to another Allianz service staff, and got immediate replies which was very time efficient. Emma was very helpful and quick with the service. Thank you

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the nice feedback on our customer service Sabrina! Kind regards, Tegan

Joanne

JoanneTasmania

I called in to find out about the GP's that are available to me since I just moved from a different state. Jenny went out of her way, giving me options and her opinions as to where I can find the help I need and also utilize my Allianz benefits altogether while making the whole process easier for me. She was not only informative but very patient and lovely at the same time. Funny enough, I called back another day to enquire about a problem I had with my account, and I coincidentally got Jenny again. Which I am glad I did. As expected, she took care of me once again, leaving a happy customer. I would be proud to recommend Allianz any day with people like Jenny around.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Joanne, thanks for the fantastic feedback for Jenny! It's so lovely to hear.

Very helpful!!

I spoke to Aman about my COI for my insurance coverage as is i am going to extend the period of coverage.She sends it to me within a few minutes.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Great to hear Bryan! Thanks for the positive feedback.

Zohaib

ZohaibPerth, WA

Difference in the claim I submitted and the amount I received in my bank account.

I spoke to Ms Emma Duckett. She was extremely helpful and explained me very well regarding my query on the gap fee. She even suggested what to do in case if I experience the same problem in future.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Great to hear Emma was able to help Zohaib! Thanks for the review.

very grateful to Anna!

The policy was a good value for my family. To resolve my claims, it took on;y 2 days. I have been with this insurance for 1. 6 years. Anna is always helpful for every student to solve their problems.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJune 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Mart, thanks for sharing your claim experiences, that's great to hear. Kind regards, Tegan

This is an outstanding policy and it really value to the customer. I am with the policy since 2019 as an international student family coverage. I would love to stay with the policy.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the lovely feedback Bimal!

See all Allianz Global Assistance reviews

Maritza A.

Maritza A.asked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Hi can i renew my oshc until december this year?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Maritza, give us a call on 13 67 42 and we'd be happy to assist you with a renewal. Kind regards, Tegan

Melissa M.
Melissa M.

Don't do it, is the worse Health Insurance Company, go for Bupa or NIB.
Believe me, Allianz is a nightmare

Lisa M.

Lisa M.asked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Are most hospitals in Australia public or private? My daughter will be attending UTS.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Lisa, Australia has both public and private hospitals, but there are more public hospitals in Australia than private ones. You may find this report useful for more detailed information: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hospitals/hospitals-at-a-glance-2017-18/contents/hospital-resources-and-diversity
Kind regards, Tegan

Amit

Amitasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

I have been with Allianz more than 10 years. Since last 2-3 they have been providing terrible services. Specially, when I launched claim they were keep asking back dates documents which I dont suppose to provide them. I claimed my medical expenses which was on 2018 but they need my visa in between 2013-2016. Today I replied back email and mentioned clearly if you keep doing to avoid not accepting claim. I have to informed ombudsman resolves disputes. Please be aware they are
1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
4) Cannot claim personally. We need to claim through app online which is terrible.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.
6) You have waste time to inform everyone on public domain as well as fight back along with ombudsman.
7)When you will launch claim in person make sure atleast you should have 2-3 hours because I was 3 in queue and got my turn after 1 hour.
note :- This is all the problem I am facing so far. I am sure there are soo many people facing problem because this week when I went there office for launching claim i had been informed that I can only claim through app.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Global Assistance representatives