Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

4.4 from 1,200 reviews

Great experience!

I was helped by Emma Ducket at the Griffith University Gold coast campus. She was very kind and helpful with my questions and made it easy to get settled in

Plan CoverageHospital Only

Easy inquiry

Great service from Monica Zhao at UQ St Lucia. She provided the necessary information and guidance for further needs. It was short but enough to proceed further and it inspired me confidence in my next endeavour.

Great experience!

I was helped by Emma Ducket and she was very kind and helpful during my move to Griffith University in gold coast as she helped me get my health insurance policy set up.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Sara

Sara

Good support

Great service by Suzanne Wicks, James Cook University Campus, for updating the OSHC cover to Dual Family. She provided prompt and useful responses to my emails and provided good advice on the options available.

Bas

Bas

Will not refund if the OSHC policy is longer than the student visa - stay away!!!

So, the OSHC policy was one month more than the student visa expiry. I filed the refund form with all the required details and attaching the relevant supporting documents. On the tenth business day (14 days after submission), I enquired about the delay in the refund processing. Then, I was informed that additional information was needed to continue the processing. Basically, the case officer wanted irrelevant information (undisclosed) to process the refund, as all important documentations were provided on the initial refund form submission. So, I complained to Allianz OSHC on two occasions and was told that a case manager would investigate. Now, it is the 20th business day (29 days) and still waiting for a call back.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Bas, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will send you a private message for further details to follow up on this investigation for you. Kind regards, Tegan

Liang weibang

Liang weibangSouth East Queensland, QLD

Staff are very kind

Emma Duckett, a OSHC staff working at Griffith University's Gold Coast campus. She provided me with a great service and patiently explained the use of policies to me so that I can better understand the use of student insurance

Hi Liang, thanks for sharing - that's great to hear. Kind regards, Tegan

Excellent Service

Amazing service by Vratika Mehta while assisting me with issuing the updated policy and by promptly rectifying the errors identified. She was very quick in replying to my emails and sorted out everything in a few hours. Really appreciate it!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's wonderful to hear Hatizah!

Maria O.

Maria O.South East Queensland, QLD

Great assistance

I have been almost three years with Allianz and my experience has been overall positive. It has been really easy to locate hospitals and medical services using the app. Now we are applying for a visa extension and will renew our policy. The compelling advice and support given by the sales consultant (Ms. Jenny Nguyen) were really helpful.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the nice feedback for Jenny, and regarding the app - it's great to hear.

Excellent service

Excellent service done by Kiyomi at UQ when she helped me to deal with the problem of registration in my App. She is kind and provided me with the best solution. Really appreciate!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so nice to hear Yi!

Good service

Yudy OConnell at Murdoch University, she has helped me to get the app, how MBS works. It was a good customer service as she answered all my queries and doubts. I really recommend my friends to come and meet her.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's great to hear Gurpreet!

Excellent customer service

Yudy O’Connell at Murdoch University approached me in a very friendly manner this afternoon. She helpmed me to renew my Overseas student cover very quickly and efficiently and we had a goid conversation. I would definitely recommend her to other people.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's lovely to hear - thanks for the review Kang!

Dissatisfied  Customer

Dissatisfied CustomerPerth, WA

Do Not Deal With These People, They Are The Worst Company To Deal With

Don't use Allianz Global for any overseas policies. I purchased a policy then had to cancel and they keep giving us the run-around and not refunding my money. Service is very bad!!

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can I help by following up your refund request or has this now been resolved? Kind regards, Tegan

Disgusting customer service, I have 10 years customer service experience and this is by far the worse customer service!

I tried to add my husband to my policy and they wanted to charge me double to add on 1 dependent, RIDICULOUS! I turn requested the refund and submitted proof of new insurance and still have not received my refund only bad customer service

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can I help by following up your refund request? Or has this now been resolved? Kind regards, Tegan

Stephy

StephyCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Professional and nice

Vratika in ACTON ANU campus provide the best service. She helps me to extend the contract because holiday leaving Australia. Warm smile and professinal knowledge. Have a very good impreesion of Allianz insurance.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so lovely to hear Stephy!

Customer Services provide by Mr. Otto Cheung

This morning (06/02/2020) I visited Allianz office at USyd's Jane Foss Russell Building. Mr. Otto Cheung provided me with a comprehensive explanation regarding the coverage period of my OSHC. I am thankful for his kind assistance in my time of need. He resolved my problem promptly and took the time to patiently explain every detail.

Mr. Eriza Amranto
Master of Business Law
Sydney Law School - USyd

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Eriza!

That's really good!

Yes, the staff is very patient and kind. The problem claim is solved quickly and in time. The staff helps me to register the account of the OSHC. It's a satisfactory service.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the kind words Willie!

Diggy D.

Diggy D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The health cover did what it was supposed to, I have no complaints.

On whether the policy is good value, I have no strong opinions regarding it. It was fairly easy to set up. I have not had the occasion to lodge a claim, thankfully. I have only been with Allianz for a little over half a year.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the review Diggy!

Bader S.

Bader S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

it's was perfect.

Every thing was perfect. Anelica was very friendly and helpful, even though my English it's not really good, she tried to her best To explain and show me how I use the application and how to claim. Thanks allot for her.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's wonderful to hear! Thanks for the review Bader.

Great experience

Angelica was very helpful in helping me extend my current cover. I had some questions regarding my cover and she explained it in great detail and gave me useful suggestions about my insurance policy.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's wonderful to hear Amber!

Simply interactive for desired expectations

Yes. This was an extension to the current cover. I have not lodged any claim as I have not been in any situation do so for the last 2 years

See all Allianz Global Assistance reviews

Lisa M.

Lisa M.asked

Are most hospitals in Australia public or private? My daughter will be attending UTS.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Lisa, Australia has both public and private hospitals, but there are more public hospitals in Australia than private ones. You may find this report useful for more detailed information: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hospitals/hospitals-at-a-glance-2017-18/contents/hospital-resources-and-diversity
Kind regards, Tegan

Amit

Amitasked

I have been with Allianz more than 10 years. Since last 2-3 they have been providing terrible services. Specially, when I launched claim they were keep asking back dates documents which I dont suppose to provide them. I claimed my medical expenses which was on 2018 but they need my visa in between 2013-2016. Today I replied back email and mentioned clearly if you keep doing to avoid not accepting claim. I have to informed ombudsman resolves disputes. Please be aware they are
1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
4) Cannot claim personally. We need to claim through app online which is terrible.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.
6) You have waste time to inform everyone on public domain as well as fight back along with ombudsman.
7)When you will launch claim in person make sure atleast you should have 2-3 hours because I was 3 in queue and got my turn after 1 hour.
note :- This is all the problem I am facing so far. I am sure there are soo many people facing problem because this week when I went there office for launching claim i had been informed that I can only claim through app.

Amit

Amitasked

1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Global Assistance representatives