Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

4.4 from 1,163 reviews

Allianz Review

Yes, I feel that the policy was of good value. I just want to comment if the company can improve on how to properly inform the client in the steps to do in case they are for hospitalization. Maybe make a power point presentation on the step by step process including the things to do or accomplish.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Ed, thanks so much for the feedback! That's a good suggestion. Kind regards, Tegan

Nice product, good service

Visited them at La trobe campus to add my wife in the policy and met Oshc CSR Vaibhav who gave me a quote and also took me through the insurance policy, whats covered in the insurance. Will definetly continue with Allianz even after I graduate because of the amazing service and friendly people like Vaibhav.

That's so wonderful to hear Qasim! Kind regards, Tegan

Upgrading plan to multi family

I met Siew at UWA to upgrade my plan and she was helpful to me. She requested some documents and finished the job on the same day. Thanks to Siew.

That's great to hear! Thanks for the review Yousef. Regards, Tegan

Fabulous customer service,

I am with allianz health cover since 9 months.Their customer service is extremely good and specially I really appreciate Jinita Shah Mam, . I have made claims a nd got resolved without any issue. I was not able to access app ,Jinita help me a lot to fix the problem. SHE is humble and dedicated towards students.

Claim DateAugust 2019

That is so wonderful to hear! Thanks for the review. Regards, Tegan

Nic

NicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent coverage for students with a family!

I was with Allianz for 4.5 years and their coverage was great for me and my family. GP, hospital specialists, blood tests, Ultrasound, X-ray, and optometry were covered that was a big help for student budget. Thanks Allianz!

That's wonderful to hear, thanks Nic! Regards, Tegan

ALLENWLS92

ALLENWLS92Perth, WA

Friendly and helpful staff!

The staff is helpful with the claim, she did explain to me step by step of claiming from my policy. She also explain and introduce me my current policy and extras policy.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the review, that's so good to hear! Regards, Tegan

Wasin P.

Wasin P.Sydney, NSW

Health Protection in Pocket

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Wasin, thank you so much for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it. Kind regards, Tegan

habeeb s.

habeeb s.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simply fantastic!

I was having difficulty in updating my policy and oshc app setting. Came to update and have a good chat regarding policy and it's cover with Vibhav.K. very helpful and supportive customer service. Hat's off to this guy. Thank you Vaibhav.

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim DateOctober 2019

Thanks so much for the great feedback Habeeb! Kind regards, Tegan

Tian

TianNorth Queensland, QLD

Perfect!

Sue Wicks (in JCU Townsville campus) is very kind, and she has helped me several times to correct my personal information, help me to understand the policy, and making a claim, etc.

Thanks for the great feedback Tian! Kind regards, Tegan

Chirapthi Rajakaruna

Chirapthi RajakarunaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Provided a good and prompt service so far

Yes it was easy on setting on my insurance. The staff: Ms. Angelica is so helpful and responsive. Even though its a very short time that i have joined with Allianz so far i am satisfied

Thanks for the positive feedback Chirapthi! Kind regards, Tegan

Good experience

I have been using this policy for more than four years now. All went smooth but had little issues towards the end of my candidature. My policy expired before my student visa or my departure date. But I am glad they touched base with me and tried to resolve it.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the review Tasneem! Has this been resolved now or is there anything I can do to assist? Kind regards, Tegan

Tasneem A.

Hi Tegan, It has been resolved now. Thanks for asking.

Tasneem

I recommend it

My experience it was great. I had many problems and they helped me a lot. Is a expensive insurance but is good one. Definitely I would like to chose them again

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Mercedes, thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back as a customer! - Allianz Global Assistance

Upgrading from single to family plan

I needed to upgrade my OSHC from Single policy to Family policy. I went to the UQ office and met Jenny Nguyen. She was really helpful in explaining the cost and what is covered. I liked the fact that she was available through email and her responses were prompt and helpful. She even goes out of her way to arrange with her colleague for me to come and make my payment even though she wouldn't be there personally.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Rina, thanks for sharing your experience, we love getting feedback like this! We will share your feedback with Jenny. - Allianz Global Assistance

About a Claim, Angelica gave me a great service.

Angelica Boyd gave me a great service and she was hardly efficient.
100% I recommend her, she made my claim to escalated.

She was so nice and warm, she maked me feel that I was really doing the right thing to continue chasing my claim.

Thank you Angelica.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Andrea! We will pass this on to Angelica internally. -Allianz Global Assistance

Purushottam

PurushottamSydney, NSW

so disgusting

I have apply for the refund of my wife insurance premium but they keep on asking for same documents which i have send for multiple times.
Paying a premium takes second to accept but getting refund sucks coz they don't want to..
Extremely unsatisfied

Would Book AgainNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi there, we're sorry to hear of your frustration. We'll send you a private message to obtain some of your details, and raise this with the appropriate teams internally. - Allianz Global Assistance

luis nunez

luis nunezSydney, NSW

Emergency not paid

I went to the emergency room to the prince Albert hospital, and it was not re-paid, the said they needed specified every single detail while the hospital just specified in the report, "tests" the thing is that they did not pay even though that i showed the bill

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Luis, I'm sorry to hear about this and I'd like to help you if I can. I will send you a private message for further details. Kind regards, Tegan

Worst policy ever.

It was good value but they alwags treat the clients badly by asking one to pay the hospital and then they will pay back. The claim takes weeks and I have been with this insurance for 3 years.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

I'm sorry to hear that Nafaa, I will send you a private message to see if there's any way I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Reliable and professional service.

This service has been very helpful for me, which is really important when being in another country. I have been with Allianz the whole year and I am very satisfied.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

That's great to hear Valeria! Regards, Tegan

The renewal process was quick and very good. It did not take me a lot of time.

The policy was a good value for me and the Allianze representative, Jenny Nguyen, friendly explained the available options and helped me through the purchasing process. Since September of 2018 which I purchased the OSHC from Allianz, I have not lodged any claimes up to now. However, I feel that the lodgment and resolving of a claim should not be time-consuming.

Thanks Maziar, that's great to hear! Kind regards, Tegan

Leonard

LeonardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Convenient

I have been with Allianz since 2015. Most of the time you don't need to pay if the bulk bill is available, if this is not the case, you can usually get pay within a week after you submit a claim.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Thanks so much for the review Leonard! Regards, Tegan

See all Allianz Global Assistance reviews

Lisa M.

Lisa M.asked

Are most hospitals in Australia public or private? My daughter will be attending UTS.

Amit

Amitasked

I have been with Allianz more than 10 years. Since last 2-3 they have been providing terrible services. Specially, when I launched claim they were keep asking back dates documents which I dont suppose to provide them. I claimed my medical expenses which was on 2018 but they need my visa in between 2013-2016. Today I replied back email and mentioned clearly if you keep doing to avoid not accepting claim. I have to informed ombudsman resolves disputes. Please be aware they are
1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
4) Cannot claim personally. We need to claim through app online which is terrible.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.
6) You have waste time to inform everyone on public domain as well as fight back along with ombudsman.
7)When you will launch claim in person make sure atleast you should have 2-3 hours because I was 3 in queue and got my turn after 1 hour.
note :- This is all the problem I am facing so far. I am sure there are soo many people facing problem because this week when I went there office for launching claim i had been informed that I can only claim through app.

Amit

Amitasked

1) Hard get claim
2) Unprofessional employees because they are handling from overseas.
3) Prepare to waste time to get the claim.
5) There is no dedicate department to claim because everything is online.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Global Assistance representatives