Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Health Insurance Guide for 2020

The decision to take up private health insurance can be a very involved process, and the factors that go into your decision will be unique to you. Your first dip into the policy selection process can be pretty overwhelming, so this guide will help lay everything out for you as plainly as possible to get you on your way.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (52), 1-2 weeks (41), 3+ months (15), 2-4 weeks (15) and 1-2 months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (97) · No (23)
An OSHC buyer and holder

An OSHC buyer and holderGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Allianz should thank the consultant that I just spoke to.

Claim DateNovember 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

The customer service is so helpful and nice!

She was so patient with me and so helpful, she spent nearly an hour with me just explaining stuff for me , it definitely helps me a lot !I'm grateful and thank you!

Hi Howard
Thank you for your recent review. It is always great to hear feedback about the helpful service you received from our OSHC team.

Really bad health insurance

Not good at all, I don't even recommend this bad insurance company. I only got $167 after claim $700 for medical invoice !!!!! What is that ! Also the app doesn't work well. Many clinics don't accept this insurance card !! There are many terrible things I can't explain how it is bad.

Health Insurance

Find out how Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) compares to other Health Insurance

Nidhi

NidhiHobart, TAS

Great customer service by Raminta Rachimova

Raminta was so helpful. I really appreciate how patient she was with me when i was having trouble logging into my account. All in well great customer service by raminta.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Service when you need it.

the policy is of great value and can be relied on when you needed the services.
Being in Australia for more than a year, it really helped me monitor my health and well-being. No fuss and easy to avail with the University

Salve
Salve

the policy is of great value and can be relied on when you needed the services.

My thank goes to Vaibhav Kotecha

I wanted to upgrade my single OSHC to dual and contacted allianz.The person who called from insurance end named Vaibhav Helped me alot and spend the time very patiently and gave good attention to my case as well.very good service and highly appreciated !!!

Coverage TypeCouple

Hi Kavindi
Thank you for your recent review. It is always great to hear feedback about the very good service you received from our team and in particular Vaibhav.
Ainsley

This is perfect and so important with life.

- i feel my policy is so good. It is easy to set up
- the time for resolving quite fast
-i had been working with this insurance company is one more years

Coverage TypeCouple

Hi The Pig
Thank you for your recent review. It is always great to hear feedback about how easy your policy was to set up and the quick resolution time of your claim.

Lahiru P.Tasmania

The Worst company ever

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Hi Ainsley,
My policy number :- WEB43448605AIADS
My full name :- Malavi Pathirannehelage Lahiru Prabath Pathirana
My best contact :- 0421631639

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

The staff members on the phone are understandable and helpful

Kanna Humphries to be precise was very helpful and understanding and was to make my claim easy. We are able to go through all the steps together on phone without any rush.

Well explained

I thank Jenny Nguyen for giving me well explained information about my health cover. The health policy is a good value and I am with the company since last year.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Fast resolve time for customer service related issues

I thank Kiyomi Ellison for her prompt action in resolving the issue that I faced. My administrative issue was sorted out in a couple of minutes, which would have taken me a couple of days to sort out with the university after many approvals (my insurance is sponsored by the University). In general, my experience with Allianz Global OHSC is great for the whole tenure as a student, and I will definitely recommend it.

PhD_student

PhD_studentHunter Region, NSW

I have been with Allianz for a little over 4 years now and they have always been helpful. This morning I was able to extend my policy with Rubi Ortiz from – International Health Education office and she went above and beyond to help me solve my questions and concerns. In no time I had the updated policy on my inbox.

Coverage TypeFamily

Hi Helpful
Thank you for your recent review. It is always great to hear feedback about our friendly team and in particular that Rubi at the International Health Education Office went above and beyond to assist you.

It was good. Happy with OSHC Allianz

Yes it was worth paid value and was easy to setup. Claim handling process is fab of Allianz, solved in time frame. Have been for the Last three long years.

Coverage TypeFamily

Hi Kiran
Thank you for your recent review. It is always great to hear feedback about the ease of use of our claims handling process.
Take care.

Aman R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never recommend to anyone

they don't process claims always keep asking for more documents until you get tired of it and stop in other words they try very hard to find excuses to reject your claim or make you stop demanding it. Also when I switched to different provider they did not paid me pending 15 days balance and there excuse was they count on monthly basis

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

1024862MLC

Hi Aman
Thank you for providing the information requested. I have forwarded on to the OSHC team for them to address and get back to you.
Kind regards

Blessing

BlessingPerth, WA

Excellent Service!

I have been a policy holder with Allianz Global Assistance for over 6 years. The customer service personnel have been very efficient and provided me with relevant information. The claim process was straight forward through the mobile app. Thank you!

Hi Blessing
Thank you for your recent review. It is always great to hear feedback about our efficient staff and how using the mobile app made the claim process easy for you.

Lish

LishSydney, NSW

Exceptional assistance

The claim process was pretty efficient.
When I had questions about the reimbursement, Raminta helped verify my claim amounts and provider charges and directed me to ensure I didn’t pay any undue fees.

Hi Lish
Thank you for your recent review. It is always great to hear positive feedback about the efficiency of our claims service and the informative service you received from our team.

Arif Mahmud S.

Arif Mahmud S.Sydney, NSW

Ok service, nothing exceptional nor worse.

Dissatisfied with their mail correspondence. Not good value for maney. Fairly easy to setup. Also, their service is not widely accepted compared to other OSHC providers. They were ok with the processing times for claims. Been with them for 2 years.

Perfect

Yes this policy is good and provided more facilities for the customer and get you more flexibility if you get any problem in the policy more over they also give some feedback if you face any problem

ankur s.

ankur s.Hunter Region, NSW

Very helpful and informative

They are very helpful and supportive. I asked for the information regarding the cover of something and they have given the details and the link with each and every specific information.

I would say that in responding they are very quick and reply within an hour for any sort of detail.

nacochip

nacochipPerth, WA

Very patient and informative CS support

I'm an overseas student holding a OSHC Essentials plan. The policy document wasn't very clear about my coverage so I called Allianz's hotline and spoke with Emma.

Emma was a very pleasant person who patiently addressed all my questions on top of providing any additional information that I might need, but hadn't thought of asking, such as gap fees.

Thank you again for all your help Emma!

See all Allianz Global Assistance reviews