Allianz Roadside Assistance

• Job Satisfaction
Marylou

MarylouSouth East Queensland, QLD

GREAT SERVICE

Today was the second time I have used roadside assist. The first time I had a flat tyre. I had forgotten to change my registration, but it was sorted out no worries.
Today, great phone service, and prompt arrival of mechanic. My car needed a tow, all went well.

Hi Marylou
Thank you for your kind feedback - we'll be sure to pass it along to the Roadside team.

SunbirdDaintree

Never again

chris

chrisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Ken Tame Roadside didn't work

I was left in limbo for a few weeks during the roadside assistance transition - and when I needed assistance, I didn't get anywhere with Allianz. Stuck near Innaminka, not much phone response and Alliance - just did not offer to assist. Their first level response couldn't help, wouldn't help and I couldn't get past the call centre to explain my remoteness and assistance. I was completely let down when I needed them

Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how Allianz Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

Not happy

Will not recommend to anyone. Required roadside assist for my son ute. Called them and explain situation. Didn't arrive for nearly 2 1/2 hours (told 1 hour max) Then only arrived with battery pack and tow truck - nothing to do with why I called them in the first place. Changing roadside Assist immediately to another company.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Good contractors, terrible call centre

Cat
Cat

Oh, I've tried. Spoke to someone today. Not worth it to be honest.

Hi Cat
Thank you for responding. Hopefully your future dealings with us will run smoothly.

thavone p.

thavone p.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The roadside mechanic was great but..... the rest of the experience with the call centres was awful.

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

There are better options

First time I called, I sat on hold for close to 30 minutes and I eventually hung up. The next day I tried again, it rang out to a voicemail, third time lucky, only to be told they failed to let me know about my renewal and they wanted to charge me $100. It is as if they are running a dodgy renewal system so they can charge the extra $100.

Needless to say, I went with a new prover - no extra price gouging for being new, they answered the phone right away and didn’t have to change departments for payment. Also, they showed up in 10 minutes.

Shop around, there are better products out there - I am tempted to now move all my insurance from Allianz after this experience.

Terry K.

Terry K.Perth, WA

Quick and efficient

I called for help 8 years ago and it was very quick. Battery changed with no hassle. Battery still in action. Thank you. On the other side I called for different matter and the patrol officer couldn't tell what's the problem was(faulty fuel pump relay switch)

Zac

ZacSydney, NSW

Excellent service

I pulled over on the Hume Highway on my way back from Canberra for a cup of coffee. When I returned to my car it just refused to start, I tried everything, checked the petrol, jump-start, still no luck. Allianz sent a mechanic and he decided that the car had to be towed to Sydney. I was 70 km away from home, they organised a tow truck for free. This would have costed me $6-$700 easy. No friend or family member could reach me where I was, lucky I had roadside with this mob.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Hi Zac, that sounds like a frustrating situation but I'm so glad we were able to help you out! Kind regards, Tegan

Emi

EmiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Allianz roadside assistance renewal system blatantly disregards customer care

Jordan

Jordan

Getting lawyers and insurance ombudsman to sort this out...

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Hi Jordan, I'm sorry to hear about this but thank you for reaching out. I will send you a private message to get further details from you so I can escalate this on your behalf. Kind regards, Tegan

Frustrated !!

Frustrated !!South East Queensland, QLD

Extremely Disappointed

I recently had cause to use their service which in the end entailed them putting my vehicle on a tow truck and transporting it to my closest dealership. When the car was delivered the following day, the dealership they called me to say that my car had sustained a little damage. I then went through a process with Allianz Roadside Assistance and despite me providing photos and and feedback on how they treated my car going on to the tow truck, they refused to pay for the damage as I couldn't prove they damaged it - not sure how one proves that when it is out of my sight for 14 hours! I would either avoid using them or do not let the car out of your sight and/or video them loading your vehicle on the tow truck.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about this, but thank you for sharing your feedback. Kind regards, Tegan

ItsJustMyExperience

ItsJustMyExperienceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic, but with 1 small regret.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Thanks so much for your feedback! We appreciate it.

ChrisybksIllawarra, NSW

Renewal drama

I have had Allianz roadside assistance for three years and have never had to call someone out. Ok my problem is renewal! I pay the renewal on line. After completing the payment I get an Error in processing, but here’s your receipt number and please phone Allianz. This has happened two years running! I was told to send a copy of my statement, which I did. No reply. Then I found out that although I had paid - I wasn’t covered last year. Repeat performance this year. They take your money but am I covered? Who knows

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Hi Chrisy, I'm sorry to hear about that. I will send you a private message for further details so we can sort this out for you. Kind regards, Tegan

XYZ

XYZSouthport

Well!!!! 5stars for the Roadside man

I had a flat this morning, Youi my insurer called one of your guys out to help, nice helpful young man fixed the problem. Youi gives 2 services per year, I have had 2 flats in 2 weeks. So I thought I would give you guys a shot, have just rung up and spoken to some very uninterested young man, when I said I did not need assist was quite unfriendly and snapped the details at me, although I had quite clearly stated what I wanted.
Bad form, if they dont want to be there, pull a sickie and let someone who does want the job do it!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your experience but thank you for the feedback. I will send you a private message for further details. Kind regards, Tegan

Ceejay Crawford

Ceejay CrawfordSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast and Helpful

I purchased a Mercedes Benz second-hand car. I had only had my car a day and the battery died. A friendly Allianz man was at my place within 20 minutes and had the right battery onboard. If you have a prestige or European car Allianz is the way to go as RACQ generally don't have the knowledge or batteries on board for these vehicles.

I wouldn't use anyone else.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Thanks for the great feedback Ceejay!

Pippa

Pippa

After giving you 1 star a few months ago. The person that came to assist me this afternoon was Fantanstic

Professional great service and came quickly ! I have changed my review from 1 star a few months ago to 5 starts. The person that attended was professional and assisted me . 10/10

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

I'm so pleased to hear this Pippa! Great stuff.

di f.

di f.Sydney, NSW

Allianz Battery Issue

Thanks so much for sharing this valuable feedback Di. Kind regards, Tegan

Mariah R.

Mariah R.Sydney, NSW

Clueless

Called to Allianz to get a quote on road side assistance as my nrma had come up for renewal and thought why not give these guys ago. After being on hold for 20 minutes the consultant I got transferred to sounded half asleep on the phone. After asking a simple question he rambled on about things that made no sense Then I was put back on hold. After coming back with an answer (which didnt actually answer anything) I had to directly ask again to get a yes or no answer.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Road Assistance

Hi Mariah, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with our customer service on this occasion but thank you for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Tegan

Talei

TaleiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service

We used Allianz RSA (through a broker) for our business fleet of about 10 vehicles. In the year with them, we called quite a few times for assistance. Every single time, no matter which vehicle it was, we were met with 'sorry that vehicle doesn't exist on your policy'. It would result in multiple phone calls of lengthy discussion to try to get them to realise we had paid for that vehicle and it should be covered. Back and forth between our broker and Allianz, and we never got anything solved. We have given up. Go with RACQ.

susan s.

susan s.asked

i am a cmca member if i take out roadside assist will my caravan be covered if my vehicle breaks down and needs to be towed will you also take my van as it cant be left on the side of the road. thankyou

Sunbird

Sorry Susan, I have no idea. You would have to ask them.

Ianasked

I have two cars with full comp ins with Alliance does roadside assist come standard when insuring

Sunbird

Yes Ian it should do. But their service as absolutely atrocious compared to RACQ. Our 4WD had a puncture just outside a major town and only 2 km from a tyre depot. It was too big a job for me, took almost 2 hours for mechanics to come - they couldn't even get the spare off so told us to ring again for a tow truck. Each time was put through to a different person - about half a dozen calls. Tow truck arrived almost 5 hours after our first call!!!

Ian

I had engine failure and a fire truck tried to call them and also my son tried from early am to lunch time kept going to a wrong number and police finally organise me a tow truck elsewhere,so I wasn't impressed I couldn't get through.i was stuck from 9am to 3-30pm till could get move blocking highway so frustrated and was not impressed. So later tried and the number was not going to correct place.

Hi Ian
Thanks for reaching out - I'd be happy to look into this for you.
Could you please send us a private message or email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your vehicle registration numbers and best contact details so I can take a closer look for you.

Bron

Bronasked

I’m insured till Dec with Ken Tame and will most likely renew so tried to contact Allianz regarding purchasing roadside assistance direct. Left on hold for over 15 mins 3 times so have given up for today and then found this site. I’m concerned regarding maximum weight of MH that you cover. You say 3.5t maximum. Is that tare or GVM.

Hi Bron
Thank you for your enquiry about Ken Tame Roadside Assistance. If you kindly advise your name, contact details and vehicle registration I can request someone from the Roadside Team to contact you to answer your questions.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Road Assistance representatives