Allianz Travel Insurance

Allianz Travel Insurance

4.1 from 2,278 reviews

When I needed it great service

Truely personaled service. Easy to access and competitive price.
I had to claim due to a cancellation but they were understanding, professional but importantly felt that I mattered to them

Claim MadeNo

Thankfully we didn't need to use it.

provided value for the money spent, the reason we chose this insurer was to have the hire vehicle excess covered. The rest of the policy is stock standard to most others.

Claim MadeNo

Reasonable rates, good cover and easy to arrange!

I have used Allianz insurance for many years and believe that the rates are competitive for pretty good cover. We don't require special circumstances, e.g. medical condition, extreme sports or especially wild locations, but this is simple cover to set up online, works efficiently and although have only claimed once I believe in many, many years, it's peace of mind, ease and doesn't cost a small holiday to pay for.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeNo
Hi Rod, thanks for the review, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony.

Potential For A Ripoff.

Girl who I spoke to was curt, rude, demonstrated total disinterest in my question about the cost of covering a medical condition. The extra cover was double the quote,awful representative.

Claim MadeNo
Hi - I'm sorry to hear about this experience - I'll pass this on to our team as we're always looking to improve our customer service. Regards, Anthony.

trip to UK

very good value
I have not lodged a claim as I am unsure if I am able to see if I have a reasonable claim - I had my purse stolen on the last day in Birmingham, except for the cards which I have cancelled there was some money involved???
Never before

Claim MadeNo
Hi Margaret, thanks for the review. I can't comment re: claims but if you call us on 131000, one of our consultants will be able to advise you. Regards, Anthony.

Allianz: why choose?

It was very expensive, but was easy to set up. We have had no need to submit a claim. We have used Allianz directly or as an underwriter of 1300 Insurance for over 10 years. We were able to get cover for my husband's pre-existing heart issues which were not covered by other companies.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Margaret, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Overseas theft claim

If you provide the right documents, the case is solved in your favour in 7 working days. Even when I missed their calls, emails were quite informative and solution oriented.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Claim payment lost

Avoid this insurance company . Until now I am not paid nearly 3 weeks now since it was approved and took too long for them to resolve my claim since I lodge it. Worst is my payment is missing and nobody in Allianz can tell me what happened. I was told to wait because they are investigating. I dont know how long should I wait. So some of you who made a positive review , wait until you claim. You will be dissapointed.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hello Brando, I'll contact you with more information. Regards, Anthony.

Quick and simple to set up

I decided to purchase a travel insurance with Allianz. It was the first time I used this company for travelling. Good price for the coverage offered and very straight forward to set up. Luckily I didn't have to submit any claim but I am sure I will consider Allianz Travel Insurance in the future.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeNo
Hi Giorgia - thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Well priced and easy to set up

We used Allianz for our family trip to Fiji. Was a very competitive price and easy to do online. We didn't need to make a claim thankfully so can't comment on that process.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim MadeNo
Hi Angela, hope you had a great trip to Fiji and thanks for the review. Regards, Anthony.

All good

A necessity when travelling, easy to access and not too expensive.Thankfully we have not had to submit a claim but will use again when required. Have not used previously. Thankyou

Claim MadeNo
Hi Karin, thanks for the review. Regards, Anthony.

Security in the wide wild world.

Simple straight forward to set up, did not have to put it to the test fortunately and traveled without incident. Good price and coverage for all the things I wanted to see and do. Michael.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Michael, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Never needed it.

If you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel. Simple.
Only company that would cover my back condition. Just paid a small extra premimum and I did not have to worry.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Mick, glad to hear we were able to help out. Regards, Anthony.

Good values, My previous claim was settled in the right way

This time I had no problem , But thee where minor claim in the past and was settled quick and easy. So I decided that using Allianz is the right way

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

It was a good policy luckily we didn’t need to make any claims

This is our first time using travel insurance. It was very easy to set up just a phone call and all done in 10 mins. We never had to make a claim but I’m sure there wouldn’t have been a problem

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for letting us know Peter. Regards, Anthony.

Peace of mind

The policy was very easy to purchase. Fortunately we didn’t need to use it but it definitely gave us peace of mind knowing that we were covered! We will definitely use Allianz for future travels!

Claim MadeNo
Hi Lizzy, thanks for the shoutout! Regards, Anthony.

Great value

Easy to apply for travel insurance , a good price within a detailed easy to read policy
Didn’t have you claim so can’t comment of claim process but great to have that peace of mind you have cover to travel with.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Cris, glad to hear you were happy with the process. Regards, Anthony.

Excellent Service

Excellent value and professional customer service. Unfortunately we needed to make a claim for medical expenses. Claims dept were extremely helpful and claim was settled within 10 days. Would definitely use Allianz Insurance in the future.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Georgie, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Don’t buy this insurance

dont buy this insurance if you intend to ski and have an accident They won’t pay Deliberately obstructing and won’t pay your claim
Do not buy any policy from them ever

Claim MadeNo
Hi Caz, I'll be in contact with more details. Regards, Anthony.Don’t bother unless you are going to pay the claim or refund her policy payment I’m beyond livid

Wouldn’t travel without it!!

Easy to buy policy, the adventure option is affordable. I have used numerous times in the past and will definitely use again on my next trip. Couldn’t tell you about the claim process as fortunately I haven’t needed it

DestinationAustralia/Oceania and North America
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony.

I am travelling from Australia to the UK for 7 1/2 months, and have a return ticket. My father and mother are both elderly, and whilst they have no terminal illnesses and are both living independently, I am obviously concerned if they become ill or pass whilst I am away. If I have to return home as a result of this, am I covered for the extra cost of either changing my return ticket to return home early, or buying an additional return ticket to come home and then return to the UK to continue my trip
Forget about using allianz. My mother's funeral was the day our planned trip was to start. Claim denied as she was over 85. Allianz will take your money but they certainly won't be there for you when you need them. Don't read the 5 star reviews from people who haven't claimed but read the 1 star reviews from people who have claimedThanks for responding and good point about concentrating on the reviews that involve claims.Hello Rick, this depends on the particular situation - if you call our contact centre on 131000 they will be able to advise you. Regards, Anthony.

Can anyone help please, i puchased travel insurance with alliaz, we are travelling to the US to attend my sons wedding. It has been postponed until 2020 now. Due ti strict immigration laws in tne US, He is marring a girl in the US and was told his fiance visa wont be ready in time, very dissapointin. Can i claim insurance of flights and accommodation?
I would collect ALL proof of reasons for postponment, (ie visa delay) in writing, explain that your reasons for having to cancel are not of your doing, provide your accommodation and flight details , cross your " T's", dot your " I's" when filling out your online claim form. I found this was the easiest way to lodge claim.At all times, my Allianz experience , either by email or by phone was very satisfactory and helpful. I had to claim twice due to my husband 's recent terminal illness diagnosis and we were dealt very promptly with our refund. You should also read your terms and conditions. I also contacted the airline and accommodation myself to see if they would cancel. , This was for France, motel agreed to cancel, airline did not.( Ethiad).Although, most accommodation in the states are not as flexible as other countries, and airlines are notoriously unhelpful and unbending , depends on fare type.Good luck.Be prepared for allianz to jerk you around as much as they possibly can in the hope that you will give up and go away. Dont be afraid to go to the financial ombudsman if you need to. My worst experience ever with any insurance company but with the ombudsman's help we got every cent due to usHi Natalie, you will need to call 131000 to discuss. Regards, Anthony.

Dear Sir/ Madam. We have an American Express Card - Altitude , Black - Westpac. My wife and I will be going on a Mediterranean Cruise in May. This will include stopovers in Barcelona, Athens and Paris. We have been advised by our travel agent to check and confirm that we will be fully covered during our travels. We look forward to your response. Kind regards. Eddie and Wendy H.
Hi Ed - your travel insurance is a completely different product to the stand alone Allianz Travel Insurance product which this forum is about - you will need to contact American Express regarding this. Regards, Anthony.

Similar listings