• Type of Claim
    • Medical (26)
    • Travel Delays/Cancellations (21)
    • Lost/Stolen Property (14)
    • Other (8)
    • Car/Rental Hire Excess (2)
    • Personal Liability (1)
  • Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (19) · <1 week (15) · 2-4 weeks (12) · 3+ months (10) · 1-2 months (8)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (43) · No (19)

Rosco D

Rosco DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent telephone advisor, really informative, policy was good value and so easy to set up.
No claim required, my first time using Allianz and will use again.
Felt comfortable knowing my policy covered what I wanted it to cover.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe

Clinton R

Clinton R

Great company to work with

We did not need to claim this trip but had incredibly good service when I had 3 claims out of 4 last trip. Good value offer - better value for money thank other companies.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
Sasha M.

Sasha M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy with their comprehensive travel insurance and they paid on a claim when I needed and were easy to deal with.

I've used Allianz comprehensive travel insurance 3-4 times. Unlike some other insurers I looked at they provided more cover on items such as camera/phone/laptops, where other companies capped a combined total for these things at $750. I've found Allianz's premiums to be very reasonable. The one time I had to make a claim they provided me with excellent cover and paid in full. I would recommend them. From memory it took a couple of weeks to go through the claims process because I needed to provide medical letters but I didn't mind the wait, it wasn't an excessive amount of time. I use them each time now.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Anniversary

The policy was very good value covering all aspects of our recent trip from Thailand to Australia giving us peace of mind and confidence that we were covered for any unforseen situations.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Wonderful to hear, thanks Ian!

KEZ

KEZPerth, WA

Great price for full coverage

Good value For full coverage and peace of mind when travelling. I’ve used Allianz a couple of times I have never lodged a claim and will choose Allianz if I get to travel again

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Kez!

Patrick K Chapman

Patrick K ChapmanThe Mallee, VIC

Total rip off

Refer to recorded phone claim made today. Tried to make a claim for loss of Income, Personal defamation, damage to reputation. Was told it was not safe for me to assist a handicapped person off a cruise ship into Auckland. I may no longer be asked to assist this client on future holidays.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNew Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Laura

LauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice to know you’re covered

I think it was good value compared to other quotes. Thankfully I have never needed to claim. I have used Allianz at least half a dozen times over the last few years.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for taking the time to post a review Laura!

Good VChoice

It was ok to cover all the basic needs in case something goes wrong. It is great to know that you are covered. Must have one when travelling overseas, for peace of mind and sense of security as you dont know what can happen in a foreign land.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Francis!

We didn’t need it however it was good piece of mind

we didn’t use this insurance however it’s always important to get as you never know what will happen! Thanks to allianz for providing a reasonably priced insurance that met our travel needs.

DestinationNew Zealand

Happy to help Bella!

m.ceranna

m.cerannaKimberley, WA

Amazing service!

Very good value! Dentist expenses were all covered! 2 weeks later, I got my money back! It was easy to claim online! It was my first time with Allianz and not the last!

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEurope
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thank you for the kind words! So good to hear.

Good cover for a good price.

I have used Allianz domestic cover insurance several times over the last five years as it covers car-hire insurance and that means I make a huge savings by not having to pay the exorbitant rate that the car hire company charges for top up insurance.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Jon, great to hear you are taking advantage of our popular rental vehicle excess cover! Kind regards, Tegan

Zeta A.

Zeta A.Sydney, NSW

A necessary travel requirement

I believe the policy I took was of great value to me and will be in the future travels to come. This policy was easy to set up and select. I did not lodge a claim on this trip but on a previous trip several years ago the policy I had then was life saving. A BIG thank you to the staff then for their help and support and because of that situation all my future travel policies will be through Allianz.

DestinationAfrica
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for sharing your story Zeta and we look forward to insuring you on your future travels!

Victor_vdH

Victor_vdHLane Cove, NSW

Watch out for the excess on this policy

I went for Allianz after much research, including reading through productreview.com.au. I had medical and dental expenses totalling A$193 for a nearly four month trip and was going to make a claim when I got home. But when I started to make the claim I saw the excess was A$200. I don't think that was made clear to me at all when I took out the policy.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the feedback Victor, we appreciate it.

Cameron

CameronSydney, NSW

Make it easier

As I have never made a claim I don’t know if it is good value . But best to be safe then sorry.
I have used Allianz travel insurance many times as I have read the PDS .
They should include on certificate of insurance what you are not covered for then who ever buys know what in it.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
EL S.

EL S.Sydney, NSW

Great value

Simple and easy process and friendly staff. Product was very convenient and suitable for my travel needs. Self sufficient and easy to follow steps made it easy to compel eye the process

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Wonderful to hear, thanks for the review!

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Important to have

Covered everything we needed to be assured of coverage while away - didnt need to use it but if we had done glad to know it was there. Easy to setup and arrange - have used company multiple times now.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's great to hear Chris!

TrevW

TrevWHobart

Ridiculous interpretation of pre-existing condition.

Just finished a conversation with Allianz in which they advised that, in the case of one of the travelers in our group contracting the flu and having to cancel the trip, we would not be covered as it would be classified as a pre-existing condition??!! This seems patently absurd to me and, after relying on Allianz for many years (and never having to make a claim) we will be seeking cover from elsewhere from now on. I would be very interested to hear how they justify such a ridiculous interpretation of a "pre-existing condition".

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed on this occasion. I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Brian MorganSydney, NSW

our age

despite our age we are in exceptional good health ,does the computer recognise this? We only require a single trip per year. We have never made a claim. We only want insurance for major health events

MIriam C.

MIriam C.Sydney, NSW

Good cover

Good for my dad as he is ninety six Easy to obtain the insurance No claim made
This is the first time we have used your company most like use again in the future

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNew Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Happy to help Miriam! Thanks for the review.

Kerri

KerriSydney, NSW

would not leave home without it

I take a policy at least once a year. It is exceptional value. The staff are knowledgeable and give great feedback on options available. I also recommend others to take it.

DestinationSouth America
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the recommendation Kerri!

Carol-Annasked

My daughter’s partner was admitted to hospital in Sapporo, Japan on Wednesday of this week with a fractured skull and brain fluid leaking from his ears. We have been in contact with Allianz on multiple occasions but no one at Allianz can provide any information regarding his condition. He has fully comprehensive travel insurance. We have been advised that Allianz has an agent in Japan who is trying, without success, to get information. We were told by the Allianz staff that hospitals can be obstructive. The hospital staff do not speak English and my daughter’s partner does not speak Japanese. Notwithstanding that fact, we have managed to contact the hospital independently through a Japanese friend and been provided with a comprehensive update. The hospital staff were super helpful. We have discovered that he is in a serious condition and cannot be moved. At what stage does Allianz provide the level of cover and support required in a situation like this? Two full days have now passed. The way in which this matter is being handled by Allianz is deeply concerning. Please can we have an urgent response and an update. The case number is 19332265.

Brian Morgan

who is the patients next of kin .this person should get information from Allianz and the hospital

jetsetter

OBSTRUCTIVE is not a word allianz should be using about hospitals but it most definitely applies to allianz claims department

Carol-Ann

My daughter is the patient's next of kin. She is now in Japan with her partner and the hospital staff are being quite wonderful. The standard of care he is receiving and the kindness the hospital staff are showing towards my daughter is exceptional. My daughter is the person obtaining the Cat scans, medical reports etc directly from the Japanese medical team and forwarding the documents, scans etc to Allianz. Allianz say they were unable to get hold of these documents via their Japan based agent.

Peter W

Peter Wasked

Do I need extra medical insurance for a trip to Africa (Kenya, Tanzania) after an arterial bypass (10 May 2010)

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for your question. I'd suggest giving our customer service team a call on 13 1000 to discuss your requirements and medical history so they can answer any questions you have. Kind regards, Tegan

Peter W

Peter Wasked

I have Allianz travel insurance through my credit card for an Africa (Tanzania, Kenya)trip in August 2020. Do I need additional medical cover because of an arterial bypass I had 10 May 2010 but currently in excellent health.

Ken
Ken

sorry no idea - that is a question for the compnay

jetsetter

I would never rely on credit card travel insurance especially as you have a pre-existing medical

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Peter, give our team a call on 13 1000 to discuss this and any other questions you may have.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Travel Insurance representatives