Allianz Travel Insurance

Allianz Travel Insurance

4.1 from 2,249 reviews

My review

I did not need to claim, It is expensive because I am 82. Unable to comment. I have no more to say. i have no more to say I have

Book AgainYes
Hi Alan, thanks for the review. Regards, Anthony.

Quality service

YES easy to setup and good value for money would highly recommend this service.
Ease of registering via website, valued options and extra cover noted .

Used alliance insurance a number of times for peace of mind.
Thanks,

8 times

Book AgainYes
Thanks for recommending us Allan! Cheers, Anthony.

It was the cheapest I could find that included a cruise.

I did not need to call on Allianz throughout my journey, thankfully so I am not sure whether it was good value. It was reasonably easy to set up. I have never used travel insurance through Allianz before.

One thing I do not recommend, however, is using the free TravelSIM that came free with my policy. Firstly, although I could ring out, nobody could ring me while I was overseas. Secondly, I could not text out nor receive texts. So the TravelSIM was entirely useless to me as was the phone I bought to use it in.

I am also disappointed that I have been asked my email address at the end of this review. To my old-fashioned mind, a survey is surely anonymous?

Claim MadeNo
Hi, thanks for the review. I'll pass on your feedback as well. Thanks, Anthony.

Very reliable

I feel the Policy that I choose was of good value and easy to set up. It is the first time that I used it. I will use it again.

Terrible

Classic PDS stitch up. They'll cover stolen luggage and personal effects, but not valuables, if stolen from a locked vehicle. 'Valuables' being the items actually worth money. I guess thats what insurance companies do.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

two weeks on the South Pacific

Very good value and I will most likely engage your services again. Very easy to set up. A couple of phone calls and I was surprised how easy it was.

Hi James, thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony

First time to use my TI Policy for Overseas medical.

I have a duo multi trip ski pack policy.
I arrived home yesterday with my right calf in a splint suffering form a Maisonneuve Fracture (Fractured Fibula, Very Bad Ankle Sprain) from Skiing Japan last week. It took Allianz 6 days to get me on a flight. I could have done myself in 2 days. Granted my incident happened Friday, and they got the call about 6pm AEST. I still could have done it in 2 days.

I was told on Friday arvo, it will take 2 days to approve my submitted documents and have my x-rays assessed, then another 3-4 days to arrange logisitics.

From the first call to the final call, I must have spoken to 5 different Case Managers, and 3 different registered nurses. You can expect when this occurs, there will be miscommunication, notes not read properly, not enough notes taken by one manager for the next etc... But lines got crossed only on one instance over an acronym, and generally their follow up was great!

Criticisms:
They didn't outline a good plan for early return for me. Didn't get a good plan on getting proper treatment.
I had to ask what the next step is.
They initially didn't approve a taxi ride the next day to the layover destination.
I thought they would take more control over the process and guide me better.
An acronym ER wasn't clearly outlined to me. I thought it meant Emergency Room, but it means Early Return. So I lost a day clarifying this detail...
Our premium flights with ANA were originally changed to JAL Domestic & Qantas Business (me) business economy (wife). I rejected the proposal and they found 2 Korean Air business flights flying through Seoul.
I asked them why they didn't use ANA as I found next day business flights. She said our travel agents don't have access to the same flights as customers.
I didn't get a call at 9am when emailed the night before that I would receive one.

Pros:
When they arranged something it all happened on time to a T.
As long as I requested approval for something by phone it was granted.
The phone line was mostly quickly answered, hardly a delay in contacting them, maybe once or twice.

Wanted:
Streamlined checklist what I need to do.
Once they received my itinerary & medicals, tell me what to do under my cover.
Clarify to me what I need to arrange and what they will arrange.
6 Days was too long IMHO.

While I can't compare this service to another, thankfully, I'm glad to be home and get further orthopaedic attention.

My financial claim is just beginning, lodged today, and will review my process when it's complete. I would think costs incurred while waiting for Early Return would all be reimbursable. I'm a fish on sand, lying in a hotel room for 6 days doing nothing with a NWB-Non Weight Bearing leg and crutches and didn't need to be spending money on foods and phone calls...

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical, Other and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Hi Brent, thanks for the feedback. I'll pass on your feedback to our team. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. Regards, Anthony.

one of the best

After many hours spent checking others insurer this would be one of the best, good value with the people easy and friendly to deal with answer difficult questions with ease would certainly use them again and recommend to others.

DestinationEurope
Book AgainYes
Hi Dennis, thanks for recommending us. Regards, Anthony.

Peace of mind knowing more was covered than the luggage & health!

My policy was great value!! I was impressed that insurance for the car hire was also in the policy ! I was able to enjoy my holidays without worrying if something happened it would be a big expense!

Book AgainYes
Hi Andie, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Allianz looks after over 80's

Allianz unlike other insurers is prepared to cover over 80's with pre existing medical conditions at a reasonable rate. I have, along with my wife, insured for travel numerous times with Allianz and have always found their staff polite and ready to assist. I Highly recommend Allianz insurance Barry

Book AgainYes
Hi Barry, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Great Insurance

Easy to set up and I felt covered have used this policy before and had claim .easy to claim as well just need receipts Have used this company twice now and will again

Book AgainYes
Thanks for letting us know Marg. Regards, Anthony.

Outstanding value,outstanding cover !!!!

Great service,value and cover that money can buy.Definitely will buy travel insurance from Allianz,as this suits myself and my precious family that gives peace of mind always whenever we travel.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Jay, glad to hear you were happy with our service. Regards, Anthony.

Uncomplicated

At first a multi-trip insurance was much more expensive than QBE (which is often offered through airlines and other 3rd parties). However, due to some short notice pre-existing medical cover issue with QBE, I checked again for a specific trip and it's good value for money, especially because the medical issue was approved online as part of the purchase process. Got the whole cover in a couple minutes compared to several phone calls with QBE. Have all my home, content and car insurance with Allianz and will use them again for travel insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Book AgainYes
Thanks for the feedback! Regards, Anthony.

An essential

Very good value. Were issues setting up the insurance when they mixed up some pre-existing medical information but these were corrected and we were then given a discount. Very happy.

Book AgainYes
Thanks for the review Mel. Cheers, Anthony.

No hassles insurance!

It was about the cheapest available on line. Fortunately, there was no need for me to make a claim. It is the first time that I have used Allianz for travel insurance. Will be using it again

DestinationEurope
Book AgainYes
Hi Amos, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Won't be buying Travel insurance ever again from Allianz

Paid $179 for insurance to Hawaii (Nov, 2018)
Mobile phone got water damaged whilst on a day trip. Went to Apple store (just the thing you want to do whilst on holidays) - said not repairable - valued $700US was written on document.
Paid the $200 excess & they wanted to give me approx $130 due to depreciation!! Refused & they then gave me approx $220 to buy a new Apple Iphone. All I can get for $220 is two cans & a ball of string. How do I replace what was a perfectly working iphone for $220.
Also strikes were on whilst in Hawaii & therefore had no services (housekeeping etc) other insurance companies paid people $50 per day (was in their policies). We got zero, not in our policy.
Will do my homework much better next time.
Will not use Allianz again.

Hi Jo-Anne, I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony,

Worst Service I have Ever Received in any industry! Totally Unprofessional and a security threat!

* Update 16/1/19 - After giving Allianz an opportunity to resolve my issue before publishing this review, I received an email from a Customer Experience Consultant stating "I have raised your claim with the next level and they will be in touch within 15 business days." Another 15 business days!? This just demonstrates the level of care this company has! I hope this review will help others avoid such a horrific experience by NEVER taking out any insurance products with this company.

I shall now be contacting the Australian Financial Complaints Authority and investigating legal options.

- - -

Quite simply this company is unprofessional, untrustworthy and should not be allowed to operate in this industry!

I booked a return flight to India from Sydney with Air Asia and after receiving email confirmation on the morning of my return flight, turned up at Mumbai airport at 10pm, 25th August 2018 to discover my flight had been cancelled months previously but the airline had neglected to inform me or update their web booking portal. I then had to book additional flights in order to get back to Sydney ASAP.

I'd have though If there was ever a situation where travel insurance would help, this would be it but how wrong I was! My experience with Allianz has been worse than that experienced with Air Asia!

After months of back and forth with Allianz (including them signing off emails by first name only, being unreachable by phone and calling from witheld numbers!?), I was eventually informed by SMS that I would compensated only to then receive an email 2 days later that I would not be compensated. I was also inexplicably sent the private claim details of another person. Your information is not safe with this company!

I requested a review of this verdict only to then receive a letter on Monday (weeks later) with an incorrect description of my claim and again be told that I would not be compensated.

I am now investigating my complaint and legal options but hope by sharing details of horrific experience with Allianz that others use a reputable provider and do not encounter the same. I note that Commonwealth Bank no longer partner with Allianz and I hope the Royal commission cleans up this state of an industry!

Life savers, paid out 2 claims from annual policy

My husband is newly diagnosed with terminal cancer, can no longer travel.. We had 2 trips booked and fully paid for. One last November ( Borneo) and Paris in March.
On submitting the required, correctly completed paperwork to support our claim, the refunds were deposited back into our bank account very timely. The phone contact we had from every person we spoke to, lovely women,was very respectful, empathetic and so appreciated as we were in the early days of digesting our tragic news. On this experience, i would certainly recommend Allianz.Thank you.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Denice, I'm sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis. If there's anything else we can help out with, please let us know. Thanks for your kind words. Regards, Anthony.

Do not buy insurance from them!!!

First time and last time for Allianz travel insurance... waste of the time. Provided all the things as required but keep asking to discuss the claim (nonsense call just like 1 ring and hang up then left message more than 2 times and ask me to call back???????). I have claim for flight cancellations and delayed. Did not get my claim after take over a month even they know how much I have spend for extra???? Scammer!!!!!!!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Tom, I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with your experience with us. I'll pass on your feedback to our team as we're always looking to improve our services. Regards, Anthony.Do not pretend you guys will improve your services. Many of people who bought this service will more and more write reviews of complain!!!!!

Would not pay out on delayed flight expenses....Ombudsman and I WON!!

A delayed domestic flight caused me to miss my international connecting flight (Qantas). I had to spend money to stay at a hotel, transfers, and then rebook the next day.
Allianz refused to honor my claim. However, I found some wording in their documentation (terms and conditions) and was able to use it against them. They caved in, and paid out straight away. Anyone want some tips or info on how I did this, PM me. (Delayed flight problems only)

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Mick, I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your experience with us. Regards, Anthony.

Can anyone help please, i puchased travel insurance with alliaz, we are travelling to the US to attend my sons wedding. It has been postponed until 2020 now. Due ti strict immigration laws in tne US, He is marring a girl in the US and was told his fiance visa wont be ready in time, very dissapointin. Can i claim insurance of flights and accommodation?
I would collect ALL proof of reasons for postponment, (ie visa delay) in writing, explain that your reasons for having to cancel are not of your doing, provide your accommodation and flight details , cross your " T's", dot your " I's" when filling out your online claim form. I found this was the easiest way to lodge claim.At all times, my Allianz experience , either by email or by phone was very satisfactory and helpful. I had to claim twice due to my husband 's recent terminal illness diagnosis and we were dealt very promptly with our refund. You should also read your terms and conditions. I also contacted the airline and accommodation myself to see if they would cancel. , This was for France, motel agreed to cancel, airline did not.( Ethiad).Although, most accommodation in the states are not as flexible as other countries, and airlines are notoriously unhelpful and unbending , depends on fare type.Good luck.Be prepared for allianz to jerk you around as much as they possibly can in the hope that you will give up and go away. Dont be afraid to go to the financial ombudsman if you need to. My worst experience ever with any insurance companyHi Natalie, you will need to call 131000 to discuss. Regards, Anthony.

Dear Sir/ Madam. We have an American Express Card - Altitude , Black - Westpac. My wife and I will be going on a Mediterranean Cruise in May. This will include stopovers in Barcelona, Athens and Paris. We have been advised by our travel agent to check and confirm that we will be fully covered during our travels. We look forward to your response. Kind regards. Eddie and Wendy H.
Hi Ed - your travel insurance is a completely different product to the stand alone Allianz Travel Insurance product which this forum is about - you will need to contact American Express regarding this. Regards, Anthony.

can you please the form for pre existing illness for the credit insurance? Thanks
Hi Lucy, our pre existing assessment can be done online (desktop version). Regards, Anthony

Similar listings