Don’t ever buy this insurance

May 2020 Milan, Italy conference for Orthopaedic Surgeons was recently cancelled due to COVID-19. They refused refund for flight tickets. A “pandemic” is not their fault. Shame on you. People are dying. All US FLIGHTS canceled to Italy. What a shameful company.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Disgusted

DisgustedSouth East Queensland, QLD

NEVER AGAIN

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I will send you a private message so I can get further details from you in order to investigate. Kind regards, Tegan

milenko

milenkoSouthwest, VIC

Insurance scam policy

Worst travel insurance company EVER. Does not cover epidemic or pandemic. Also does not cover if the borders are closed or a "do not travel" warning from the government is issued. So pretty much Covers nothing got to do with TRAVEL to actually be insurance.

Jason P.

Jason P.Sydney, NSW

Clarity of cover from US arm vs AUS arm

No clarity as to where things stand re COVID19. US site says one thing, AUS site says another. Emails to Allianz from 11 days ago unanswered.

Will vote with my feet. My Allianz CTP just came through. Hello Nrma...

steoglSydney, NSW

Absolutely not aligned with global events.

steogl

This does not address my question about the difference between what the US website says and what FAQs in the Aus website says (which is a lot less sympathetic to your customers).

Mark B.

Mark B.Western District, VIC

very good policy but not good enough

Disappointing we had no recourse for having to change our flights to get out of Italy when they shut everything down. We were locked down in our hotel room for 5 days after being forced to cancel our holiday plans and had to eventually pay exorbitant fees to reschedule flights home.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

I'm very sorry to hear about that Mark, but thank you for sharing your feedback.

PhilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Called for advice while abroad, could not provide advice

Took out a travel policy in August 2019, now abroad with advice from Australian Government that we need to return Allianz Only provided general advice over the phone stating the policy excludes pandemics. I noted that we were not sick and sought advice on coverage and assistance. Sorry, we just work to a script provided. Go figure?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, I'm sorry to hear about this, but thank you for the feedback. Has this now been resolved or is there anything I can do to assist? Kind regards, Tegan

Bill S

Bill SPerth, WA

Never leave home without Allianz

I am a first time user of Allianz travel insurance, so easy to use their on line website and amazed at the service and price especially for us older folk. After years of traveling l unfortunately had to make my first claim for a lost item it was so easy with the online claim form and to my amazement the claim was settled the following day. I will never leave home without my Allianz travel insurance in my baggage.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for sharing your claim experience Bill, great to hear!

Uluru

UluruSouth East Queensland, QLD

Uluru Trip

I went to "Compare the Market" site and after reviewing the others I choose Allianz because I thought it represented good value and covered my requirements. All went well and we didn't have to make a claim.

DestinationAustralia
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's great to hear! Hope you enjoyed your time at Uluru.

DO NOT get travel insurance with Allianz

Better and less expensive policies are available. This policy has one of the worst cooling off periods and doesn't offer a partial refund outside of the review period. Look at other insurers.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeNo

Happy to have it but not required to use it.

Happy to have it but not required to use it. These are troubling times and we are very glad to be home safe and sound. The trip was fantastic and worthwhile.

DestinationNew Zealand
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review, and so glad to hear you are back home from your trip safe and sound. Kind regards, Tegan

Don’t leave home without it

Easy to obtain a quote and to finalise payment on the internet however continually missed opening times over the phone so couldn’t ask specific questions relating to the policy e.g international car excess coverage. Ended up just taking a punt. Thankfully didn’t have to use policy so I can’t comment any further.

Peace of Mind

The policy was a good value for my budget. I always use this insurance company because it's reliable. I did not claim any because I don't need to. My travel was safe.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's great to hear Maria!

No good. Will not cover pre-pandemic!

Do not go with this company which goes under many names. They are not paying for the pandemic even though it was booked well in advance. I have had my cover cancelled by them.

DestinationAustralia

Easy to obtain online.

Easy online application tailored to number of days of travel. Instant confirmation if you don't have any pre existing issues. I did not make a claim so can only comment on the application process, which was straighforward and easy to understand.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the good feedback!

Elaine

ElaineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Luckily didn’t have to use any of the options

The policy was good value but as previously stated no reason to have to use any of the options. With Coronavirus being prevalent I know the policy would have been invalid

Insurance Cover ForSenior

Feel more secure to travel when you have travel insurance.

The policy is good i feel more secure and Yes, it’s easy to register.
I didn’t lodge a claim because nothing bad happens to us overseas.
This the first time i use Allianz travel insurance.

Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Kristine!

OMG. Was expecting the run around from an insurance company. But they’ve been amazing

Medical emergency overseas and Alianz were fantastic. Great from beginning to end. Thought we’d be in for the long haul getting our claim processed but can’t fault them at all

Type of ClaimMedical and Personal Liability
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Wow, that's made our day! Thanks for sharing Rebecca.

Steve Howe

Steve HoweMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Effective Service

There was only 1.5 days between the decision and departure ... so very little time to get insurance organised.
As I had used Allianz for travel insurance before (3-4 times), I applied for the policy online. The process was very efficient and good value for money.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Steve, thanks for the positive feedback on our value for money and online purchasing process. Kind regards, Tegan

Great cover

After performing extensive research on covers the Allianz Travel policy came up top for best cover options and was competitively priced. I am very happy with the Allianz product and service and hold a number of policies with Allianz.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's so great to hear! Thanks for the review Celine.

Money

Moneyasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If I cancel my travel insurance policy before I travel, can I get a full refund without making a claim ?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'd suggest giving us a call on 13 1000 to discuss your individual circumstances regarding a refund. Kind regards, Tegan

elledeeasked

Italy has been closed down. Will I get a refund for my trip to Italy

jetsetter
jetsetter

Doubt it. Hardly any insurance companies are covering epidemics/pandemics

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, we now have a coronavirus FAQs page on our website which may be useful for you: https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/covid19-faq/ Kind regards, Tegan

elledee

I checked out your coronavirus FAQ’s page but there are 4 areas you don’t cover and I wonder if you could clarify them for me? All my questions are related to me not being able to make a choice to cancel.
1. If a country is designated by Smart Traveller, as 'do not travel’, I am not cancelling my trip. The Australian government has decreed that I can’t travel so can I make a claim for my airfare?
2. If a country that I am travelling to declares that I am prevented by their laws from entering their country, (eg Israel) can I make a claim for my airfare. In this case, the decision not to go there is made for me. I don’t choose to cancel.
3. If an airline re-schedules my flight(s) to a date which is impossible for me to accept , can I make a claim for the airfare.
4. What if there are no flights at all to the country I had planned to visit? Can I make a claim for the airfare ?

elledeeasked

I have purchased flights in September 2019 for travel to South Africa, via Singapore, then Italy and returning to Australia via Bangkok. If the Australian Government through Smart Traveller, calls any of these destinations as ‘level 4’ (do not travel) can I claim on my Complimentary travel insurance issued via ANZ Platinum card?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'd advise calling us on 13 1000 to discuss your individual circumstances. Kind regards, Tegan

cyno
cyno

Why can't you just answer the question now???? This question pertains to hundreds of people in the same situation. Good luck to having question answered on 131000...

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Travel Insurance representatives