Allianz Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (25), 1-2 weeks (20), <1 week (17), 2-4 weeks (14) and 1-2 months (13)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (47) · No (41)

patrick

patrickPerth, WA

Complaint

For a Travel Insurance company to give me an exclusion due to Covid when I had not stepped foot onto an airport due to a ban on International travel made me boil. They actually have 37 exclusions in their policy - makes you wonder how you might have a claimable situation? I had to go right to the I had to go all the way to the AFCA and low and behold - I got my money back. For more info email ew on [email removed]

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Hi Patrick
I am sorry to hear about your experience with your Travel Insurance. Thank you for sharing your feedback and advising that you did get your money back.
Kind regards

Type of ClaimMedical

BrynCentral Queensland, QLD

Use with caution

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

I will never use Allianz again!

Allianz rejected my travel insurance claims due our travel being cancelled because of Covid-19 restriction - then they only refunded a partial amount of my premiums paid on my two policies.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2020

DamianGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

travel insurance

Allianze travel insurance does not pay out on claims and looks for technical clauses not to pay .
As a large company director under no circumastances will we use allianz for insurance and will be recomending to our clients not to insure with this company

Damian

please replay on email address dam23262@bigpond.net.au and will hold off on contacting AFCA until then

Cole

Cole

A disgrace

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Sandi D.

Sandi D.

Thanks Allianz!

Just want to say a big thank you to Allianz travel insurance. We had bought travel insurance for a cruise to Antarctica in November, but due to Covid restrictions, we have had to delay our trip to same time next year (Hopefully). We called Allianz and quickly and easily cancelled the policy, less a few $ for admin fees. All done over the phone, no problems. We use Allianz for all our travel insurance, domestic and overseas. We will insure for our cruise next year. Thanks again Allianz!!!

DestinationAntarctica
James

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Month 5 waiting for our claim with no response

We made a travel claim over 5 months ago, for a overseas trip ( part of this trip we claimed through American Express which they paid it out within 6 weeks).

Now Allianz is choosing to ignore our emails asking for an update....come on it’s been over 5 months, and it’s getting beyond a joke.

We have house and contents insurance through Allianz I can tell you we will be taking it elsewhere as we never want to go through this experience ever again.

Maybe this a job for a current affair

DestinationEurope and Middle East

Brett_H

Brett_H

Two separate bad experiences - Insurers will weasel out of everything if they can

Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMay 2020

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not looking promising

Still waiting for a partial refund after 4 months

Like so many others here, I contacted Allianz for a partial refund of my $962 year long travel insurance policy, back in April Told I would be contacted by end of May. Three phone calls and 3 months later, and I am still waiting. My next move will be to contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. Suggest others consider this option.

DestinationAustralia

Good Afternoon,
I am sorry hear about your experience regarding receiving your partial refund. I have sent a private message requesting information that would assist us in escalating your matter to the right department.
Kind Regards,
Marius

Still WaitingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still waiting for a response to my claim 4 months later

Still Waiting

Thank you. I received a call yesterday and my claim has now been assessed.

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Do not trust Allianz with your travel insurance

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
sunshine

sunshinesydney

Totally inefficient and evasive

Like "Stu" we have had the exact same experience. 1st submitted request on 14th March ...promised answer within 10 days. Multiple emails later and still no answer of any kind. Shame on you Alliance. Just insured a Toyota Sahara, a 18mths old caravan and a Hyundai i30 premium. Definately not with Alliance or any company underwritten by them. This was our 2nd time for travel insurance with them...Never again.

Find out how Allianz Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Constant delays on processing claim

I submitted a claim 13 weeks ago and have been told numerous times that it would take additional time to review my claim. I have usually been told it would take 10 more days and then another 10 days and then I hear nothing for a month and then I was told 15 more days and today I have been told it will take another 10 days to review. At best I can expect an answer from them in 15 weeks!

Sue H.Darwin, NT

Previous 3 Allianz Multi Trip Insurance policies were excellent value. This year - not good at all.

My multi-trip policy is valid 8/8/2019-8/8/2020 ($602)
Covid-19 mid-March NT lockdown cancelled my May (other) booked Bali trip(s).
Unlike Bupa, Allianz denied my request for 3-6 month extension of paid-up policy.

Robert V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Difficult to deal with Allianz

Was booked and ready to go mid March 2020 but because of the Covid-19 could not travel so cancelled everything. Feel very sorry for Tour Operators and Hotels and Train and Plane companies who's operation has come to a sudden end but the lingering PROBLEM is trying to get a refund from Allianz for insurance we don't need. After many unsuccessful attempts at trying to get the Allianz Travel Insurance refund the main obstacle is that as an organization they don't care about their customers. They are NOT customer focused or oriented which means once you know this don't deal with this type of Organization. There are many other travel insurance companies with better ratings.
Robert V
Mitcham Vic
The home of the 2nd wave.

Insurance Cover ForSenior

NeilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would not recommend this company to anyone

Took out 2 policies on 5th March 2020 and then cancelled them under the 14 day cooling off period. Promised refund of $8,000 24th March. Still waiting 6th July 2020

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
Neil

Thanks. The matter was finally settled but only after many phone calls and emails.

kellie

kellieredlands

Allianz travel insurance,

Happy with the end outcome with Allianz
Thankyou for refunding my policy
Took a little longer than expected but in the end they came through for this
Unexpected unforeseen pandemic

Hi Kellie,
Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Marius

Big Daddioasked

Hi,
Have an Allianz travel insurance policy through my ANZ credit card. We had booked and paid in full for an APT tour to Canada & Alaska in July 2020. APT have recently offered us a partial refund, less $6,500 in “third party fees”. Are we entitled to lodge a claim for the $6,500 in lost fees, or would I be wasting my time (think I might already know the answer!)?
Cheers
Steve

Bryn

Hi. Having just jumped through a thousand hoops with Allianz on a very similar claim I would suggest that you get ready for some disappointment.

Allianz rejected the claim outright so I wool them to the Ombudsman. I am due for a determination within days but will be in Allianz favour.

Basically if Allianz pays out any claim associated with cancellations caused or indirectly caused by Covid then they will go broke.

I think you should put in your claim but choose your wording carefully.

I would also look at how you booked your trip. Hopefully you booked through an agent or an online company that ‘grouped’ some of your travel itinerary. If this is the case then you can fight the booking entity as they ‘must’ return 100%. The 3rd party fee is such a scam

The credit card insurance is almost a scam as they market it as a total package but the reality is that the claims are based on VERY specific events. If Allianz can show that the specific event did not happen the. They walk away.

If you had to cancel because of the death of a relative then Allianz would pay the claim......Covid related then they don’t.

Hi Bryn,
Thanks for your response. We booked it all through APT, they are holding our money "in trust". I am not really holding out any hope of Allianz paying my claim, especially as I have not found one person who has had a 'Covid' claim approved. I put in a claim with Allianz three years ago due to an emergency dental procedure that I had whilst in Dubai. They eventually paid out on the claim, but in the first instance they rejected it, saying my sudden tooth abscess was a 'pre-existing' condition!
APT have for now offered to retain our funds in their trust account and have given us the option of using the credit on other APT products/tours, but I am still inclined to cut our losses and take what they have offered and wait for things to settle down. Good luck to everyone who is in a similar position.
Cheers

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your enquiry.
We would like to escalate your concerns to the appropriate department. May we please ask that you send us a private message with your policy and best contact details?
Marius - Allianz Global Assistance Team

Concerned

Concernedasked

Allianz Travel Insurance

We have Allianz travel insurance through our credit card.
We had a holiday to Europe planned for April to June 2020. My husband was diagnosed with cancer in March and needed an operation in April. Are we covered?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Please call us on 13 1000 to discuss your specific policy and situation. Kind regards, Tegan

Mallytravel23

Mallytravel23asked

Allianz Travel Insurance

Booked our trip in early Jan 2020 to UK to depart in Sept 2020 using as always our ANZ Platinum Credit Card Insurance. At this early stage not sure if we will be covered for refunds of airline fees etc, still hoping to go.
Seems lots of confusion about refunds etc can you advise please.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your query. I'd suggest calling us on 13 1000 to discuss your circumstances and one of our team members will be happy to help. Kind regards, Tegan

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Travel Insurance representatives

Compare all 4 Allianz Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and Life
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 74 years old101 years old74 years old101 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental DeathNot Included$25,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$5,000 ($50 per day)$5,000 ($50 per day)Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (up to $400 per week)$10,400 (up to $400 per week)Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability A$2,500,000A$5,000,000A$5,000,000A$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not Included$6,000$6,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure PackIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure PackIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included