Agree.

Good value. But happily did not need. See you next time. Hope you can cover me in future trips to Ireland. Easy to set up. Have happily NOT lodged a claim.
This is the second time.

Thanks for sharing your review! Regards, Tegan

Quick. Easy to set up. Have not had to process a claim thankfully, so cannot comment on this. Value appeared reasonable. First time
using Allianz for travel insurance. Would use again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
That's so great to hear! Thanks for the review. Regards, Tegan

Perfect cover for couples

1st time using allianz. Great price and cover.easy to set up on line. Did not have to make a claim, so unable to comment on the time frame to claim.

Thanks for the nice feedback Lor! Kind regards, Tegan

No issues and reasonable prices

I have used Allianz twice now for travel insurance (for Bali and Thailand) and i absolutely love it. Cost me around $120 for myself and my partner for the comprehensive cover which i found to be reasonable for what they cover. i didnt have to make a claim for our recent trip to Thailand, however, in Bali my partner broke his wrist and it was so easy to make a claim that we went with them the 2nd time around. Staff were helpful, understanding and made our trip alot more relaxing knowing they had it sorted thank you Allianz, we will be using you in our future travels as well.

Thanks for sharing your claim experience Jodes! Kind regards, Tegan

Allianz review

This was the first time I had used Allianz. I chose based on others recommendation although fortunately I have not had to make a claim. It was easy to set up and reasonable value.

Thanks for the review Helen! Regards, Tegan

Horrendous customer service

Extremely disappointed with the level of customer service provided by Allianz. Myself and my family have had nothing but negative experience with this company and I urge you to find an alternate supplier! Never had any issues with AAMI or Budget insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi there, thanks for your feedback, I will send you a private message for further details. Kind regards, Tegan

Great Policy for domestic travel

This is a super policy to take out for domestic travel which covers you up to $6000 XS on car rental - One third of the cost of what the Car Hire place wanted to charge me. The policy was super simple to set up and will definitely be using Allianz again for my travel interstate

Thanks for the review Gaby! Regards, Tegan

Good to be covered

Used them 5 times before and they’ve been reliable, no claims this holiday which was great .

Policy was quite expensive as I had a declared medical condition which increased the premium by about 30% , but I was willing to pay this to be covered.

Hi Dave, thanks for the review and feedback! Regards, Tegan

Would have to seriously reconsider before purchasing again

I did not have any issues whilst travelling or need to make any claim. However documents had arrived to my house after I had left for my holiday. They stated I purchased the insurance on August 24, when in fact the purchase date was June 1st. Big difference there.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Hi Josephine, I'm sorry to hear that. I've sent you a private message for more details. Kind regards, Tegan

Read the PDS so many reasons for not to pay you....

Opted for comprehensive thinking it will cover all. At the time of claim they told many things are not part of PDS. Not Eligible for claim only if you can't travel due to a family member not well. Only covers you.

Have always used Allianz due to brand. Never again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi there, I have sent you a private message. Regards, TeganThanks Tegan. Not sure if you can help. I was promised a call back within 2 Business Days on 10th. Today is 13th and i still dont have any call.Hi, I have sent you another private message to check in. Regards, Tegan

holidayinsurance

i have used alliance several times and will in the future. i found it easy to set up online . at this stage i have not have to make a claim but i am sure it will be easy. i also have home insurance with alliance

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the feedback Stephen and we look forward to covering you next time! Kind regards, Tegan

A must to have, when your on holidays

Used this travel insurance twice in the last two years of travelling. Good value, very happy. Would suggest Allianz to family and friends. Haven’t had to make a insurance claim.

Thanks for the recommendation Eileen! Regards, Tegan

Didn't use it

I found the online form confusing due to the fact that I have some health conditions.
The person in the service center was very helpful in resolving it though.
I didn't claim so I can't really comment on that side of it .
I felt the policy was expensive for what it was and I felt that the exclusions were overbearing.
That said my wife didn't want to go overseas with out health insurance so we got it just in case.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Paul, thank you for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it. Regards, Tegan

Allianz Travel Insurance

The policy was market competitive and the process of putting the it in place was extremely simple. Hard to judge until you have a claim so i can only judge on price and process.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Thanks Peter! Regards, Anthony.

Had everything I needed.

Best value product found after shopping around so that keeps me happy.
I always end up with Allianz even after shopping around amongst the 'cheapy' 'unknowns'.
Allian researches very well in reviews so I have peace of mind.

Claim MadeNo
Hi John, thank you for your positive feedback.

Easy online approach

First time buyer, had pre existing med condition which was easily navigated and accepted. Good pricing and was satisfied with overall experience. Didn’t make a claim so can’t comment on that part.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Archie, thank you for your review. We're happy to hear about your positive experience.

Easy to use specially for pre existing conditions

Policy is good value and is easy to set up - particularly with pre existing conditions. I have not yet made a claim. I have used Allianz at least three times before.

DestinationEurope and South America
Claim MadeNo
Hi Stewart, thank you for your feedback - we're happy to hear about your positive experience to date.

Value for money

Easy online purchase experience. Value for money. Covering all the essentials. What more can one want?
I would recommend Allianz and will be using them again for my travel insurance requiremements.

Thanks for the recommendation! Regards, Tegan

Easy to set up and good value for money

Sign up process was easy. Good coverage. Had no need to make a claim. Will consider using Allianz in the future. Cant think of anything else to say, but necessary to have thirty words. Don’t know why.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for sharing your feedback, and we look forward to covering you next time! Kind regards, Tegan

sense of security

Easy to purchase, reasonable price - fortunately have not had to make a claim... provides a sense of security knowing that if something happens you are covered. Very much appreciated by us.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Thanks for the review! Regards, Tegan

After putting in a claim for a medical problem on a cruise how long does it take to get it processed many thanks Carl
It shouldnt take very long for a response or call from Allianz. When my partner broke his wrist in Bali we were called within 6hrs of submitting our claim and took about just under 12 hrs for them to approve it and my partner was in hospital correcting his wrist and being bandage up so i hope you have the same response time :)

if a flight is cancelled from Brisbane to Sydney and I miss my cruise going to Hawaii will I be covered for alterative flight to catch up the cruise ship or a refund of holiday cost
YesHi, please call 131000 for more details as I can't comment about specific scenarios. Regards, Anthony.You should be covered but I wouldn't trust allianz to do the right thing. Also, all these 5 star reviews just for being able to buy this insurance are a joke. Good luck when you try to claim

Has anyone used the medical emergency assistance overseas? And were there any problems?

Allianz Travel Insurance - Basic PlanAllianz Travel Insurance - Comprehensive PlanAllianz Travel Insurance - Multi-Trip PlanAllianz Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 13 100013 100013 100013 1000
Email Address allianztravel@allianz-assistance.com.auallianztravel@allianz-assistance.com.auallianztravel@allianz-assistance.com.auallianztravel@allianz-assistance.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact YesYesYesYes
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and Life
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 74 years old101 years old74 years old101 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental DeathNot Included$25,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$5,000 ($50 per day)$5,000 ($50 per day)Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (up to $400 per week)$10,400 (up to $400 per week)Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess Not Included$6,000$6,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure PackIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure PackIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included