Allianz Travel Insurance

Allianz Travel Insurance

4.1 from 2,450 reviews

Simple to purchase

Before I purchased travel insurance I did a lot of research comparing several companies. I consulted Choice online and found that Allianz offered the best option & price for what I needed. I rang there customer service and arranged my policy with them as I had special requirements - they were extremely helpful. I have not needed to make a claim but would expect the same helpful assistance as when I purchased the policy. This is the first time I have used them and would definitely do again next time I travel.

DestinationAsia and Europe

Very suitable

Good value did not make a claim would use again the price was very good gives me piece of mind when on my travels written copy was posted to me

Perfect

All the above suited me especially in reference to my age so yes Thankyou i would hope and say that any claims would have been honoured, i will use Allianz in the future if age permits

Claim MadeNo

Easy to arrange online travel insurance.

I have used Allianz maybe 5 times over the last 4 years. This was the first time I included my partner within the insurance. Alliance is travel insurance is easy to arrange online. The conditions are clearly stated but not easy to find in the many, many pages of information. The summary of benefits is usually what we accept and hopefully we have not been misled! It would be nice to have extra cover for car rental insurance. Extra car rental insurance often cost us MORE than the whole Allianz travel coverage. We have never made a claim so we cannot comment on the ease or otherwise of making a claim and getting paid.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

Bali trip

We will always use Allianz travel insurance. After our Son Tom had a serious accident OS in 2012 Allianz were professional in every way. Their helpful caring team ensured Toms return to Australia and our a travel to meet him from Brisbane to Perth was seamless. They cared for us the entire time we stayed in Perth and then assisted our return to Brisbane. We can not recommend this firm highly enough

Claim MadeNo

Excellent value and great service! Our travel 'must have'.

We travel regularly every year, and after pre-trip research, we've always used Allianz. They have the best balance of coverage versus premium, and the 2 occasions we've claimed, there has never been any problem.

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Great Value - Wouldn't Travel Without

Very easy to set up and the best value for money - it was the first time using Allianz Insurance, I steered away from my usual company as I did some research and got better policy for a lesser amount.

wouldn't travel without it

great value compared to others, fortunately I didn't need to use the cover while on holiday but I did come across a man who needed helicopter evacuation & happened to be insured with Allianz. It was comforting to know that he was on the first available chopper for medical assistance.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Tracey, glad to hear you were happy with us! Regards, Anthony.

Their policy is too strict for travel insurance, I wouldn't recommend it!!

Not really happy with the service. Being a customer for more than 3 years having two types of insurance. Unfortunately because of their policy they didn't cover even 1% of my work equipment that I lost in my overseas teip

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about this, I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

My Preferred Travel Insurance Supplier

I have used Allianz for many years for my preferred method of travel insurance. I find the online quoting portal simple to use. I have had to claim through Allianz approximately 5 years ago and was a seamless transition once all necessary paperwork was received. I have used Allianz previously approximately 8 - 10 times & will continue to use Allianz as my preferred travel insurance supplier in the future.

DestinationAsia and Europe
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2014
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Kristina, thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony.

Easy, fast and efficient

Such an easy and fast process to obtain travel insurance and very fairly priced. Would have no problem recommending to friends and family. Very comprehensive insurance coverage. Very prompt service.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Jodie, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Great coverage

I have done lots of domestic and international travel for recreation (and some work) and I find Allianz offers some of the best and most competitive policies out there in terms of coverage amounts, car rental excess and general pricing. Yes there are cheaper policies, but read the fine print and what they cover and sometimes paying that extra few dollars is worth it.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Well, thank goodness I didn't need you. But, in the past I have and that's why I went back.

Not certain how many times I've used Allianz,but, I've been very happy in the past. Didn't lodge a claim this trip. Thank goodness. But I did have you, just in case.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Diane! Cheers, Anthony.

Peace of mind

Have used Allianz Travel insurance of a few overseas trips and found them to be easy to set up, via pleasant people.
A person on one trip needed to make a claim and voiced how courteous and helpful the people at Allianz were.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for letting us know Clarry! Regards, Anthony.

Easy to use and fast online access

I thought the web based platform was easy to use and good value for money. This was the first time I have used this but I will be back for sure.

DestinationNorth America
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the feedback Sam, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Great value

Fortunately we didn't need to make a claim but after looking at a few options we found Allianz great value for money. It was easy to set up our insurance and the options available were clearly stated. Will definitely use it again.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Martin! Regards, Anthony.

Great phone manner

The policy was easy to set up, person spoke English so could fully understand the policy. Thankfully didn’t need to claim.
I’ve used Alliance on 4 occasions I have travelled overseas.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeNo
Thanks Margaret! Regards, Anthony.

Best in the Business

Have used Allianz on all my overseas travels, have only claimed once when i had a knee injury and was the easiest process. With upgrade on flights and all overseas Medical was covered and with easy online documentation sent through for full reimbursement. Highly recommend!

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2015
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for recommending us David! Regards, Anthony.

Happy Traveler

I was recommended Allianz travel insurance from a close seasoned traveler. And l was completely happy with my policy and cost. I might needed to do a claim this time round, but feel 100% knowing l can if l ever needed too. Definitely will use Allianz travel insurance again!

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the shout out! Regards, Anthony.

Won't go without it

Easy to use and good value. No claim needed this time but I have had to claim in the past and it was all simple and efficient. I always use it.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Neville! Regards, Anthony.

I have complementary travel insurance with my Citibank credit card, because of the new immigration requirements for Thailand , I will have to show proof of insurance cover to comply with the visa requirements , does Allianz supply a certificate of insurance?
Hi, this product is different to the stand alone policy which this forum is about - you will need to contact Citibank to find this out. Regards, Anthony.

I have a ANZ Platinum Frequent Flyer Card which I'm told covers us with Alliance International Travel Insurance - my question is what is the Policy Number and does this cover me for immediate travel back home if my one of my immediate family members have a serious accident of healthy issue?
Hi, this is a different product to the standalone travel insurance you can purchase with us - you will need to call the ANZ to find this out. Regards, Anthony.

Hi, my wife and I are travelling to the U S and Canada in July , returning in August. We have Allianz travel insurance through our Citi Bank credit card paid and activated 15th of April. Our travel dates are 17th July to 20th August. Are we covered if we have a situation prior to our departure. Regards Ken
only for cancellation costs that I am aware of.I am sure you are but to be safe best call AllianzTake care using allianz. Not recommended. So many 5 star reviews lately but hardly any have made a claim so this is very misleading. Obviously allianz is offering some sort of incentive to write a good review on your purchasing experience. Good luck if or when you need to make a claim

Similar listings