4.1

2,922 reviews

kellie

kellieredlands

Never use Allianz travel insurance,

Took out comprehensive travel insurance October last year, $500.00 + , still waiting for our refund for the insurance, we have been waiting since March , every time we call we are given we are overwhelmed with refunds, and keep extending the time frame. Last email was end of may start of June, it’s now July.
We could not use the travel insurance we were sold due to this unforeseen event. Don’t be thieves and give the money back. There should be nothing Hard about doing that.

Allianz Travel Insurance Review - Allianz: Lacking in integrity

DestinationAustralia
Robert V.

Robert V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best not to deal with Allianz

Inderjit

InderjitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Took 3 months for outcome

Absolutely pathetic customer service and took them three months to come with an outcome. Would not recommend Allianz insurance to anyone. Waste of money.
No support at all. Avoid any Allianz insurance.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Paid for Travel Insurance but service was not provided so I'm seeking a refund

I paid for Travel Insurance ($200), however, due to travel restrictions related to Covid 19 the service was never provided and hence I have been seeking a refund. I have been waiting 4 months and each time I follow it up I get told that it will be sorted out by a given date. That date comes and goes and I have not yet received a refund. It's frustrating and I'm beginning to think I will never receive a refund. So many people have lost their jobs and it's horrid to think that a large organisation like Allianz is simply stealing from people in an already horrible situation.

DestinationAustralia
Anne R.

Anne R.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely useless. Awful, stay away from Allianz.

Absolutely terrible. No help what so ever. Never ever again do not use Allianz. They have not been helpful. I had luggage stolen and a police report and they have palmed me off from one place to another still with no help or resolution

DestinationEurope and Middle East
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMay 2020
Nat

NatRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Still waiting for refund

I had 2 travel insurance policies with Allianz, through HCF Health Insurance. I was in NZ when Covid was shutting down the borders and we had to come home. We booked additional flights from NZ, thinking that we were covered by Travel Insurance. Made a claim mid-March and was told I would be contacted in 10 days. 2 months later, I was advised my claim was declined due to the pandemic clause. As I now realise Allianz is not going to cover me for my 2nd cancelled holiday and I have no use for travel insurance, I have cancelled my policy, it has now been 3 weeks and I still haven't received any correspondence about the refund. AND it is nearly impossible to call, because no one ever answers. Disgraceful

DestinationNew Zealand and North America (inc. Hawaii)

tedSydney, NSW

Refund travel insurance

Cancelled travel insurance 17/4/2020 because covd -19 air travel cancelled, out of my control, rang allianz told be paid refund by the of June, rang again told mid July, took travel insurance out in November 2019, told cover for covid -9 in March 2020 so i was not cover for cancellation of trip because all insurance policies have loop holes.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

no more to said

TMan

TManGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Allianz backed Westpac Visa Credit Card Travel Insurance - A Farce

Waited 3 months for their processing and finally, I get an answer today.
Claim assessed and not accepted - Reason given - due to Covid19.
I purchased the holiday package in 2018, almost 2 years ago.
All other 11 persons in our travel group have had their claims accepted by the other Insurance companies, while mine is the only one supposedly covered by Allianz backed Westpac Visa Credit Card and is not.
Have heard of dreadful stores of this insurance company before, but this is my first and will obviously be my last, including my 25 year relationship with Westpac.
Sad & deplorable state of affairs. Shame on you.
Like the other reviews - I will support a class action.

DestinationAfrica
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

jacqui

jacqui

Promised Refunds Still waiting

I have also been offered refunds only to be told the same thing as some of the reviews. I have waited longer than the original 14 days stated. Yes I think we are being fobbed off. I will be going to Consumer Protection because I too have been fobbed off. They promised me a full refund and I have a witness that heard them say this over the phone..

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Jacqui, I'm sorry to hear about the delay on your refund. I will send you a private message for further details to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Waiting for Refund

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Rosemary, I'm sorry to hear about this delay. I will send you a private message for further details so I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Missing Parts

Missing PartsSydney, NSW

They will deny and reject claims - their PDS covers every permutation in their favor

Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager

rubbish product

the comprehensive policy we paid for to protect us against the unexpected never actually covered us against the covid 19 pandemic. after 3 months and 3 appeals they turned us down because 1 of the 3 pdf's sent us states pandemic or epidemic is not covered even though the first line states they will pay if anything out of your control happens. the first appeal was turned down because they said i cancelled holiday, untrue then they changed reason to covid related. the brand is bad and i would warn people, do not insure with allianz !!
as you will not be covered.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Not worth it!

Made a claim due to COVID-19, please be warned that although their clause stated they cover unexpected cancellation outside of your control, they have a sneaky clause where if the cancellation is due to any interference with your travel plans by any government, government regulation or
prohibition or intervention or official authority. They will deny your claim! Lesson learned to not use this mob for something that should be covered considering many people have been put through difficult situations and disruptions.

Also they took over 2 months to get back to me.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Lizz, I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your claim experience but thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Kind regards, Tegan

Lizz
Lizz

Useless template response. I hope your business files for bankruptcy. Greedy insurance company.

Ian H

Ian HSydney, NSW

Can’t answer their phones

Terrible telephone service. Keeping getting told I can’t complete my call now and to call back later. Need to ask for a premium refund for a now deferred trip. There policy is unclear.

JudithotterySydney, NSW

Why can't I contact Allianz?

On 20th December last year I took out a policy for a trip to USA, commencing 16th July this year. Naturally I cannot now go as Qantas have cancelled all flights. I have been trying to ring Allianz to discuss my options - can I get a refund as I will not be travelling? Can I get a credit against this policy for a future trip? How can I find out when they are not accepting any queries re travel insurance and just tell me "goodbye"? I have been happy with this company previously but current lack of communication sucks!

Judithottery

I have read your COVID-19 FAQs but they do not answer my query. I don't mind waiting if I can eventually get an answer but all I hear is that you are not taking travel insurance queries at all. So where should I go from here?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Not worth the paper its written on

The allianz travel insurance through the ANZ credit card is absolutely useless and not worth your time. Travelled to a different country and despite the Airline being explicitly told by the other country's immigration to deny boarding to passengers from certain countries - the Airline continued to sell to and board passengers without fulfilling their duty of care. The Allianz insurance denied the claim based on "government intervention" and couldn't care less about the unethical practice by the Airlines to make a quick sale. The CSR team at Allianz could not take any longer to reply to emails, after the entire debacle, it was a complete waste of time and effort dealing with them.

Never again

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Stefanie, I'm sorry to hear about this but I'd like to help if I can. I will send you a private message for further details to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Sharilee Williams

Sharilee WilliamsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Policy basically worthless

I see many negative reviews about Allianz and quite frankly Im not surprised. We had to cancel our trip due to Covid and having a young baby until one year old. We were told on the phone by Allianz that this would covered and yet they then refused our claim - even after our travel agent were trying to support us through this process.
We had multiple policies with Allianz (House, car) but are now in the process of cancelling all policies with them as we greatly fear that, if we needed to make another valid claim, thiese eould be refused and we would be left with no support. Like the travel insurance, all Allianz policies are completely worthless.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child

RajPerth, WA

Just terrible

Type of ClaimMedical and Other
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Raj, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your claim experience, but thank you for sharing your feedback. Kind regards, Tegan

Raj

That is all. No further effort really disappointed

Raj

allianz a company who collects its premiums and wiggles out of claims. disgusting