Allianz Travel Insurance
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Allianz Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (19)
    • 1-2 weeks (23)
    • 2-4 weeks (15)
    • 1-2 months (15)
    • 3+ months (27)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (51) · No (48)

Bimal P.
Bimal P.Canberra 2600, ACT

Too expensive and no customer service

Too expensive, they raised the price again, don't know on what basis ( how come someone afford to pay 600 per month when you want to invite your parents in Australia)

Budgie
BudgiePerth, WA

Very efficient and faultless on line procedure

Suitcase lost in Singapore for two weeks, claim for essential items purchased was very prompt. Compared to other Insurances companies out there, Allianz is by far the fairest, highly recommended.

JudiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Deplorable service

Aditya Hegde
Aditya HegdeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Overseas Visitor Health Cover

Never take this insurance until and unless you want to waste the money. Customer care will not get connected anytime, so you can't claim anything anytime. And they will charge more than whatever has been mentioned in the quotation. Also, it will be charged even after the termination of insurance.

Pam
PamNorth Queensland, QLD

Very poor customer service

tried to start a policy for 3 weeks but thier server has been playing up and wouldnt load to final payment page. Finally managed to get policies for my family plus a seperate one for my son as he works full time therefore doesnt qualify to be on my policy. When policy arrived, it needed an amendment. Three phone calls later was told my son had to contact them himself, only via phone, not email. and can also only cancel by phone. Phone is all through a call centre somewhere and the language barrier quite difficult. I guess we will need to make another 3 phone calls at least to get this sorted out. I can only imagine how difficult it might be should we need to claim. Allianz used to be the best, sad to see how its changed

Josephine
JosephineSydney, NSW

This company is not aware of their own inclusions

Haing Ly K.
Haing Ly K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor service

I claimed my travel insurance with Allianz through a credit card company. They were trying to make my life as difficult as they could, in the hope that I might not be even bother to continue to claim. That was just a very simple medical claim in overseas where I needed to go to emergency department. I submitted all invoices and a long list of documents required, but they needed to verify every fine details. It took almost 4 months of my persistence for them to finally surrender. Tried to contact Chloe from the social media team, but she couldn't help much.

Travel insurance and COVID-19: what you need to know

For many, international travel is back on the cards. Getting travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related events can give you peace of mind so that you can enjoy your trip while being safe, smart, and prepared - and you should know what to look out for before you shop around.

Clara V.
Clara V.
travel-insurance-and-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know
Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020

This Insurance is a Gimmick Don't Buy

The insurance is a gimmick. I have lodged a claim for over 15 months and its still under review they said. I purchased it when i travelled abroad and unfortunately got covid during the trip. They have not responded to my inquiries. Dont buy this insurance. They are just raping people off. look for something better. I guess I would have to find a legal representative. I bought this insurance before but never filed any claim, now that I'm supposed to benefit they wont process my claim. "THEY ARE NOR RESPONSIBLE, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!. I files since March of 2021, over a year ago!

DestinationAfrica
Claim Made Yes
HonestHoncho
HonestHoncho

Allianz delays to not pay out

The travel insurance arm or Allianz should be investigated by the authorities, simple as that.

They purposely delay each response and ask for information already submitted which of course comes with ANOTHER 10 day waiting time, this is their game to avoid paying out. Each time they ask, you guessed it, add on another 10 days.

The customer service throughout my entire claim has been worthy of a big fat ZERO star rating, they should be shut down.

BraydenPerth, WA

Easy to take your money but not easy to contact them to make changes. Hate to make a claim.

I have tried to contact by phone 4 times now at varying times of day. Qantas has changed my flights and my policy needs a simple date change by 1 day. Twice I have up after about 25 minutes on hold but the other 2 times the line went dead from their end after 30 minutes! Twice hung up on after waiting 30 minutes, I can't believe it. I've spend near $1400 on a policy with this company and this is how i'm treated.

I made a complaint about this via their online feedback portal twice and the first one was ignored. They contacted me after the second complaint and made excuses.

I have now asked for a call back and a full refund for the entire policy, I'll purchase from rac instead, at least I know they'll answer the phone.

Brayden

Amazing. They may sound all interested in resolving as per the above response but now 20 hours after I emailed back and nothing.. no contact, no missed calls. It's all lip service.

Josephine
JosephineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor Customer Service

I have used this ANZ Platinum Card Travel Insurance for many years. Have made 1 hospital claim and they were very efficient. However yesterday I rang 130013527 the Alliance Travel Insurance number and was on hold for 1 hour with no success. Hope if I have to contact them in an Emergency while overseas I can get through immediately.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Made No
robert dunlopSouth East Queensland, QLD

After reading other reviews just don't do it

I sent 3 online queries over the past month or so about travel insurance but no replies. I tried to call today but the options never let you get through to the travel insurance area. I eventually got onto another department who said they transfer me direct to the travel insurance area which they did, I was on hold for about 30 minutes and then gave up. If this is how they handle a query I would hate to think how they handle claims.

DestinationSouth America
Claim Made No
robert dunlop

I emailed that address and yes they replied but they thought I was making a query about travel insurance associated with a credit card. I replied and said it was a query in relation to taking out a new policy and have not heard back

Fred B.
Fred B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Impossible to contact from overseas

Policy was easy to obtain online and at competitive price. Had to extend my stay overseas and therefore the policy period, but have been unable to achieve this simple task. Tried both within and outside of Oz working hours and at great mobile phone expense due to waiting times. Finally managed to get hold of someone via emergency number but this department was unable to assist with this request. Hate to be having a real emergency whilst overseas. Not good enough Allianz and I won’t be using your services anytime soon as a result

Review based on Communication through Attempted Cancellation

We booked a policy through Allianz but were offered a better policy, so within 15 days you can get a policy cancelled.
I spent 1 hour and 50 minutes on a call before them answering and immediately hanging up.
I called a second time 1 hour and 15 minutes vbefore them immediately hanging up.

For this I had to raise an issue through other channels to get them to actually talk to me on the phone. The way their phone service automates you through a portal they know is cancellation and they refuse to answer your call, trying to stay objective but it just smelled off. I think the whole process and their policy in general was just lacklustre.

ChloeSydney, NSW

If I could put zero I would - Do not purchase

Chloe

The insurance policy has now been refunded thank you.

Kally Matsouliadis
Kally Matsouliadisasked
Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Does this plan cover any loss of income if there are delays etc

Judi

I highly do NOT recommend this company for any travel insurance . They will never get back to you . It’s been a week for me now of not getting through on phone and no reply to my emails .

Thomas Casked
Allianz Travel Insurance

Have been trying to contact Allianz for about two weeks now to register pre existing conditions before we go os next Tuesday. Have got through on the phone a number of times and sent numerous emails and actually promised calls back from specialist staff for PEC's but nothing happens. I will be complaining bitterly to ANZ when I return about Allianz's performance. Sick and tired of waiting for a phone call, with my wife, when things have to be done.

Linda M.
Linda M.asked
Allianz Travel Insurance

I did an online medical assessment and says you will cover me even tho I have an upcoming treatment for kidney stones is this correct?

robert dunlop

Hey if you are still worried about it give them a call. They gave me a number 1800 420 031 and I got through pretty well straight away.

See all Allianz Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Travel Insurance representatives

Compare all 4 Allianz Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and Life
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 74 years old101 years old74 years old101 years old
Conditions

*where used, the term ‘Unlimited’ only means there is no capped dollar sum insured. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply - refer to the Policy Benefits and General Exclusions sections of the PDS for details.

Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Unlimited*Unlimited*Unlimited*Not Included
Accidental DeathNot Included$25,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$5,000 ($50 per day)$5,000 ($50 per day)Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimited*Unlimited*Unlimited*Not Included
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (up to $400 per week)$10,400 (up to $400 per week)Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess Not Included$6,000$6,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure PackIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure PackIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included