• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (22)
    • 2-4 weeks (15)
    • 1-2 months (13)
    • 3+ months (25)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (44)

dvbGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

what a cop out. Another big company using Covid as the perfect excuse

had a trip booked for March 2020, flights and tour was cancelled which was ok as we got credits from both providers and we thought we will book later on. We were informed that the tour provider had gone into receivership this month so i thought ok time to claim as that is under the policy (cover for the financial collapse of a licensed provider) after asking for numerous documents, such as flight cancellation details even though we were not claiming that portion. they came back with a negative response as it was due to Covid.???
Highly recommend to never use this company

Hi dvb
I am sorry to hear of your continued frustrations. I have again today elevated your enquiry to the Travel Insurance Team for immediate response.
Regards
Ainsley

Muthukumar R.
Muthukumar R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Greedy company with bad service

Setting up the policy is the easiest one, because they are getting the money. I did a claim in December 2020 and i am writing this review on 8/3/21. Still i have not got any reply from the company. Every time when i call they say they need more documents. We have given the email id of the Hospital and the phone number. They just wanted to avoid the claims. No matter what if you with this you have to end up in court for your claim. Please keep all your documents for the court purpose.
Muthu
Melbourne

Fran
Fran Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

poor service

Very poor service. Had a trip booked in September 2020 to Europe which was cancelled due to covid and Allianz wouldn’t give me a refund, said I wasn’t eligible and that it wasn’t part of their insurance. Very disappointed. Will never book through them again

Pointless, Misinformed

patrick
patrickPerth, WA

Complaint

For a Travel Insurance company to give me an exclusion due to Covid when I had not stepped foot onto an airport due to a ban on International travel made me boil. They actually have 37 exclusions in their policy - makes you wonder how you might have a claimable situation? I had to go right to the I had to go all the way to the AFCA and low and behold - I got my money back. For more info email ew on [email removed]

Hi Patrick
I am sorry to hear about your experience with your Travel Insurance. Thank you for sharing your feedback and advising that you did get your money back.
Kind regards
Ainsley

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019

2 certified medical certificates are still not sufficient to pay a claim

BrynCentral Queensland, QLD

Use with caution

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

I will never use Allianz again!

Allianz rejected my travel insurance claims due our travel being cancelled because of Covid-19 restriction - then they only refunded a partial amount of my premiums paid on my two policies.

DestinationEurope

DamianGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

travel insurance

Allianze travel insurance does not pay out on claims and looks for technical clauses not to pay .
As a large company director under no circumastances will we use allianz for insurance and will be recomending to our clients not to insure with this company

Damian

please replay on email address dam23262@bigpond.net.au and will hold off on contacting AFCA until then

Cole
Cole

A disgrace

Sandi D.
Sandi D.

Thanks Allianz!

Just want to say a big thank you to Allianz travel insurance. We had bought travel insurance for a cruise to Antarctica in November, but due to Covid restrictions, we have had to delay our trip to same time next year (Hopefully). We called Allianz and quickly and easily cancelled the policy, less a few $ for admin fees. All done over the phone, no problems. We use Allianz for all our travel insurance, domestic and overseas. We will insure for our cruise next year. Thanks again Allianz!!!

James
JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Month 5 waiting for our claim with no response

We made a travel claim over 5 months ago, for a overseas trip ( part of this trip we claimed through American Express which they paid it out within 6 weeks).

Now Allianz is choosing to ignore our emails asking for an update....come on it’s been over 5 months, and it’s getting beyond a joke.

We have house and contents insurance through Allianz I can tell you we will be taking it elsewhere as we never want to go through this experience ever again.

Maybe this a job for a current affair

Brett_H
Brett_H

Two separate bad experiences - Insurers will weasel out of everything if they can

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not looking promising

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Big Daddioasked

Hi,
Have an Allianz travel insurance policy through my ANZ credit card. We had booked and paid in full for an APT tour to Canada & Alaska in July 2020. APT have recently offered us a partial refund, less $6,500 in “third party fees”. Are we entitled to lodge a claim for the $6,500 in lost fees, or would I be wasting my time (think I might already know the answer!)?
Cheers
Steve

Bryn

Hi. Having just jumped through a thousand hoops with Allianz on a very similar claim I would suggest that you get ready for some disappointment.

Allianz rejected the claim outright so I wool them to the Ombudsman. I am due for a determination within days but will be in Allianz favour.

Basically if Allianz pays out any claim associated with cancellations caused or indirectly caused by Covid then they will go broke.

I think you should put in your claim but choose your wording carefully.

I would also look at how you booked your trip. Hopefully you booked through an agent or an online company that ‘grouped’ some of your travel itinerary. If this is the case then you can fight the booking entity as they ‘must’ return 100%. The 3rd party fee is such a scam

The credit card insurance is almost a scam as they market it as a total package but the reality is that the claims are based on VERY specific events. If Allianz can show that the specific event did not happen the. They walk away.

If you had to cancel because of the death of a relative then Allianz would pay the claim......Covid related then they don’t.

Hi Bryn,
Thanks for your response. We booked it all through APT, they are holding our money "in trust". I am not really holding out any hope of Allianz paying my claim, especially as I have not found one person who has had a 'Covid' claim approved. I put in a claim with Allianz three years ago due to an emergency dental procedure that I had whilst in Dubai. They eventually paid out on the claim, but in the first instance they rejected it, saying my sudden tooth abscess was a 'pre-existing' condition!
APT have for now offered to retain our funds in their trust account and have given us the option of using the credit on other APT products/tours, but I am still inclined to cut our losses and take what they have offered and wait for things to settle down. Good luck to everyone who is in a similar position.
Cheers

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your enquiry.
We would like to escalate your concerns to the appropriate department. May we please ask that you send us a private message with your policy and best contact details?
Marius - Allianz Global Assistance Team

Concerned
Concernedasked
Allianz Travel Insurance

We have Allianz travel insurance through our credit card.
We had a holiday to Europe planned for April to June 2020. My husband was diagnosed with cancer in March and needed an operation in April. Are we covered?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Please call us on 13 1000 to discuss your specific policy and situation. Kind regards, Tegan

Mallytravel23
Mallytravel23asked
Allianz Travel Insurance

Booked our trip in early Jan 2020 to UK to depart in Sept 2020 using as always our ANZ Platinum Credit Card Insurance. At this early stage not sure if we will be covered for refunds of airline fees etc, still hoping to go.
Seems lots of confusion about refunds etc can you advise please.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your query. I'd suggest calling us on 13 1000 to discuss your circumstances and one of our team members will be happy to help. Kind regards, Tegan

See all Allianz Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Travel Insurance representatives

Compare all 4 Allianz Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and Life
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 74 years old101 years old74 years old101 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental DeathNot Included$25,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)$3,000 (included in Additonal Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$5,000 ($50 per day)$5,000 ($50 per day)Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (up to $400 per week)$10,400 (up to $400 per week)Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$5,000,000$5,000,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not Included$6,000$6,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure PackIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure PackIncluded up to 250cc, optional extra for greater engine sizes in Adventure Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included