Atlas Car & Truck Rental

Atlas Car & Truck Rental

3.7 from 1,313 reviews

Dishonest, I'll never use them again.

The car that I had rented was hit whilst parked by another vehicle. The other driver admitted full responsibility and on returning the car to Atlas in Brisbane I was assured that they would refund the $4000 they charged me for the damage once the other guys insurance paid up. His insurance company paid the claim but Atlas have since refused to answer any emails and have not refunded my money. I will never rent from Atlas again.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Bad customer service

I would not recommend this company, they may be cheaper but, when you have to set up your own account for toll charges and then have $55 taken out of your account 2 months later because you didn't set up the account the day you arrive is a rip off, the car was also filthy and the car seat we got for my granddaughter I'm totally unsafe, I would never use this company again.

Vehicle Condition

Don't bother with this company!

As with some previous (bad) reviews, I was also stung $55 for an "admin" fee. Actually, I would call it "gouging". No apologies, no communication, no customer service, they just don't care. I will always pay the extra if necessary and hire from a reputable company in the future. The car wasn't even cleaned when I picked it up.

Bad experience collecting vehicle

Am waiting to collect vehicle at Melbourne City office, hopelessly inadequate staffing. Long queue waiting in the cold windy road. Why don't you provide somewhere for people to stand and wait?

Thieves!!! Do not use them!!!

Terrible customer service, charges me $55 admin fee for an outstanding toll. This was after I attempted to pay a toll but nothing was found against the rego number on the toll website (I know to do this as I have a toll e tag in another state). I advised atlas this and they still charged me the $55.

Never hire from Atlas

Unfriendly staff
Bond charge on credit card released, a charge of $55.00 admin fee charged after 2.5 months for providing my details to linkt, rego started with 1O registered with Linkt as 10 an honest mistake being penalized
Used vehicle to go across for a funeral and returned it next morning
Linkt were understanding and waived all the extra charges, Atlas have not even responded to my email
When you phone query, this has been contracted to a call center who read you what you have signed in contract of hire, accepting admin charges to be applied, If I have concerns I should email, address was provided

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

Awful. Terrible customer service. NEVER rent from these people

AS per previous terrible reviews I would confirm that Atlas has the worst customer service I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I have been told multiple times per week that someone will contact me regarding a claim I made. It has been 8 weeks and I have received zero communication from Atlas. I have made multiple daily phone calls and at least twice weekly emails - literally no reply. I have never experienced such a shocking business that is set up so that there is no direct line for customers to talk to anyone. Never rent from these people

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

The worst customer experience in years

I was told to pay for my toll, but it appears that i cannot do it after the trip. Tried to call atlas to negotiate the same day my hire ended but they said they cannot help and that i needed to pay upfront and any fees that come from overdue toll will be charged from my card.
Even though on the rental agreement it says pay after hire within 1-3 days.

Called 4 times, every time promised that they would call me back. Never happened. Customer support is incompetent.

No Customer service

After numerous car rentals from Atlas Car Rental Tullamarine, with which I was very happy with, my last rental was a complete disaster.
The rental was commenced on 23/2/2019 and returned on the 26/2/2019. At this time the car rental and a $350 bond was deducted from my credit card, the bond was to be refunded 6 to 10 days after the return of the car. Because I was in a hurry at the time of collection of the car , I did not check the car thoroughly
The next morning I attempted to start the car, the battery was dead, the battery terminal covers were open, so someone had had similar problems, roadside service was called and had to replace the battery. I also found the glove box and the centre consol was full of personal items, possibly because of a shortage of cars, it appeared that I was given someone private car.
These issues were raised with a staff member when the car was returned, also I asked that a manager could ring me and explain the reason for giving me this car, I never received a call.
After waiting the 10 days and my Bond money had not been returned, I attempted to contact Atlas.
Their accounts dept. phone line goes to message bank, but when attempting to leave a message it tells you the message bank is full and no message can be left.
After several days I finally spoke with someone from Customer Service, he explained there was a problem with the computers system, he sent a email to accounts requesting the Bond refund ASAP, I was copied in, after a week no results. Several more calls to Customer service only ended in idle promises.
Last resort I got my Bank involved, finally after 88 days the Bond money was refunded.
I am a regular car renter all over Australia , but will never rent a vehicle from Atlas again.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Disappointed

Will never hire with this company again. Their office is in the middle of nowhere.
We hired a car seat for our daughter and it was disgusting, looked like it had never been washed. The van smelt inside and was filthy on the outside.

If it was made clear in the beginning that their office was not at the airport I would never have hired from them. Sitting in a van with my 10 week old daughter strapped to me while the shuttle bus drove down a highway is ridiculous.

Whenever we called the company to ask questions no one knew what was going on, the operator barely spoke English. Just crap!

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

We charged fee of unattended condition car return

We have rent a car via Easy Rent (service provided by Atlas) starting from Gold Coast and ending at Brisbane, for two days.
Unfortunately due to some incident (our rainbow beach day tour are late) we are late return at 5.30pm (appointment time was 5pm). The office was closed when we arrive. We make a call to customer service and they told that we will incur additional one day rental charges plus another AUD400 for unattended condition of return. We could accept the additional one day charges, but we do not understand the unattended charges which is not stated anywhere in Rental Agreement. The office hour stated in our booking voucher provided by EasyRent is 7pm, but Atlas customer service told us 5pm close. We understand the return condition is late but not unattended. Immediately second day we have been charged at AUD400 although they still keeping our security deposit of AUD350. Can Atlas please explain where is the unattended charges of AUD400 stated in the Agreement. We appeal for the unfair charges and wish to request the refund of AUD400. Please attend my query.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Had to call them more than three times while im overseas just to get my bond deposit back.

My deposit bond finally refunded after 1+ month and multiple emails and phone calls and roaming mobile phone cost that I had to pay myself. I was overseas and I had to try to contact them before my bank can help with the disputing the transaction. The service was OK its just the refund process of security bond is very troublesome

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Even their call centre admits there is a bond return issue

Due to the number of reviews with bond return problems, I decided to call Atlas Rentals before booking a car. The customer call centre agent admitted there was a problem but said it wouldn't affect my booking. However, when I asked for a written assurance of this, he refused. I think this pretty much sums up this company's attitude to their customers - say one thing but do another.

No bond received back months late due to technical issue.

No bond received due to technical issue I just realised reading my visa statement. This was two months ago and now it’s being passed to accounts and will take 5 to 10 working days to credit me. Took my money on the day but take months to give it back. Renter beware.

Cancel your visa card and go to fair trade

Picked up our car on 1st March 2019 from mascot sydney Paid through webjet all hire fee's and insurance Getting to the end of all the paperwork on the day, we get hit with a second lot of insurance of $140 Explain i had already paid insurance, to be told if the car gets damaged even if someone else is at fault, i will have to pay an excess of $4000 before they will chase webjet for insurance Also told this could take month's Finally got my $350 bond money back after ringing for 3rd time on 29th April and threatening fair trade, my money went into my bank on 2nd may I don't understand how you can pay all fee's through webjet, atlas receive hire car money but not your insurance you pay Also be aware of the tolls they hit your card with after you've given the car back We avoided tolls as much as we could, by driving 20mins longer at time's On day 3 after returning car, my visa card got hit with tolls from their end up to the amount of $90 We should be sent an email with the car rego number and proof of the amount for tolls on the day's we had the car

Great experience with Atlas Cairns

Used Atlas Cairns for 1st time over Easter. Great service & value for money. Happy with the car. Bond returned within 48 hours. Have booked Atlas again for a trip later in the year. Thanks Atlas Cairns.

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30

... finally a refund...

Car Rental at Tullamarine early Mar 19 - No Bond refund after two weeks - then proceeded to go through the suggested channels as mentioned by fellow reviewers, we lodged a credit card dispute with Nab, and emails to customercare@atlasrent.com.au 5 Apr - we got a reply, it was being "processed" - 14 days later we emailed asking for our refund NOW - then a reply saying it was being deposited (reply not computer generated) ... 24 April - it is now refunded.
Two star rating... Pickup from airport was ok, the car was aok, the two day hire - turned into a two month inconvenience.

DO NOT HIRE DON’T RETURN DEPOSIT

Terrible! They charged our card a $350 bond. Two months later and numerous calls still not returned bond. Is now sat with our VISA card issuer. When calling their customer service they just say it’s with their accounts team. Can’t comment on their Facebook to warn others as they wipe off comments. Has anyone got ideas of how to warn others that may not see this thread?

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf

No refunds

No refunds of $350 deposits after 2 months. Called and emailed but never had any concrete response. Kept saying will follow up with their finance but never response. So I lodged a report to consumer affair victoria and received called from them, CAV told me that they do noticed the issue that we all had and said that the company shall return the deposit on 1st week of May.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

Do not rent from these cowboys.

Rented twice from them first time 8th Feb still haven't had my bond returned. They owe me $700!!!! Called 5 times always get the same response. Very sorry sir. Not our department.