Atlas Car & Truck Rental

Atlas Car & Truck Rental

3.7 from 1,427 reviews

See the Best Car Hire in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brad M.

Brad M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely awful. I will be telling people to never book a car through Atlas.

I had a terrible problem, your head office dumped the rental office to fix when returning and then the rental office said only head office can fix it. Have been told will try and fix but haven't heard anything. No one is calling me back. You are greedy and clearly don't value customers.

If you want the facts call me on 0409 151 672. I am not wasting any more of my time on this.

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Good car at a fair price - great service too

I will be going again with Atlas in Surfer's Paradise in the future. For the price, we were very happy with car. Insurance was included in the price. Good all around.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Dissatisfied with several aspects of the service proposition

a) Rental order was initially lost (miscommunication with Rentalcars)
b) Specific request for a manual vehicle ignored and unfulfilled
c) Request for booster seats for kids only partially fulfilled
Staff at the base did their best to accommodate, however, clearly a disconnect between the Rentalcars.com and Atlas (actual rental car company)

Scott C

Scott CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car, Well priced

The car was perfect and as described, priced really well for the type of car.
The hire company could do with an extra hand but didn't take to long for the check in and check out of the car.

Vehicle TypeInfiniti Q50

Robyn

RobynCentral Queensland, QLD

No problems great service and helpful advice

Great service very helpful advice upgraded to another vehicle as there was a problem with the vehicle we were originally assigned to. The vehicle was in excellent condition a breeze to drive

Lee

Lee

Dissatisfied with many aspects

The shuttle was very much delayed at the start. The bond scheme is exorbitant compared to other companies. The vehicle was damaged and seemed to be poorly maintained with a few issues during the hire. I normally use others and will continue to do so based on my experience.

Vehicle TypeHolden Captiva
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Car condition was not good

Booked a full size car. Got a Toyota Camry but the car was more than 120000 kms driven and also it was very dirty and smelling like fish. I had to open the window for atleast an hour to remove that smell. Brakes were making sound.

David e

David ePerth

Thoroughly recommended

Perfect from beginning to end. Car was clean, comfortable and ran really well. Maybe the only pain was that it was parked on the 9th floor of the carpark which seemed to take forever to navigate.

Vehicle TypeKia Optima
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Great service from Atlas. Trouble free hire and polite and professional service team. Vehicle as per expectations. Bond and payments handled very well. I would definitely hire from them again.

Poor, frustrating!

KerriR

KerriRSydney, NSW

Dissatisfied with customer service

Vehicle TypeSuzuki Grand Vitara

Kellee

KelleeSydney, NSW

Great staff in office. But after hire terrible customer service. Still upset. And is not resolved

Not understanding to a simple error
A long time replying
Can't speak to a supervisor
$55 fee charged without question
Issue not resolved due to waiting for replies. Very upsetting situation as happened when dad passed away

Jenny V.

Jenny V.South East Queensland, QLD

5 stars for Service Staff and Shuttle Driver...great bus!

The staff at Adelaide Atlas Car and Truck Rental were great when I recently hired a bus for a weekend Road Trip. The young guy who does the shuttle service back and forth from Adelaide Airport is really welcoming and has a great personality. The girls at the service counter were very friendly and helpful. Outsourced Call centre staff who are not connected with the actual pick up service base are confusing and I think there needs to be better training. I will be definitely be using the service again now that I have the direct phone number. Excellent quality vehicle for the money and competitive rates.

Tara1986

Tara1986Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not customer thinking

Good service nice staff

Good Service Staff was very helpful .Car was not the one ordered,but very happy with the one I had.Price was good and and I will be going again with Atlas in the future.

Vehicle TypeNissan Navara
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Filthy interior, poor customer service.

The customer service, except the guy how drove me back to the airport, was mediocre at best. When I got into the car which had just been “cleaned” I had to stop and get something from my luggage to cover the seat as it, and all other upholstery in the car , absolutely filthy. The dirt was so deeply engrained it made the seats feel sticky. Given this experience I would never consider using this company again.

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf

Short, sharp and Shiny

Customer service was friendly and efficient. I was offered an upgrade on the car that I had booked due to unavailability. The upgrade was satisfactory.
The vehicle was clean and well maintained and met our need as a wedding car well.

Vehicle TypeBMW 3 Series
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Never again worst rental service in Australia

Its been almost 6 months from the day I rented the car but my deposit is not yet returned yet. They are very unprofessional and do crappy business. They play dodgy game. Never again I don’t want other people to suffer like me mentally and economically.

Kat

KatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service!

I was well looked after, the hire was a great price, and i received excellent, friendly service. The truck was in good nick and easy to drive. Overall i was very impressed with the level of customer service i received and would highly recommend.

Top sevice, top vehicle

Excellent staff, great service. The car was better than expected. This our third time using Atlas. Will use them again next year The Cairns branch is excellent in all respects..

Merissa B.

Merissa B.asked

Can I cancel a reservation that was done online?

Where are your terms and conditions on your offical website in regards to cancellation as you currently don’t have any?

Kazza K.asked

Where is my $350 security bond not returned. My name is Karl Downing and i hired the car on February 1st in good faith that it would be returned. If it isnt returned in the next week i will be taking legal action against you. It will cost a lot more than the $350 Security bond i payed as you will end up paying court costs as i have to verify. Pay up as i will be taking legal action against you

Consumer advocate

Dispute transaction with your bank and complain to every consumer protection organisation in Australia

AHav
AHav

Like you Atlas has taken my money and continues to take it periodically without my prior knowledge and absolutely no indication of why they have taken it. They just deduct $55 (twice) from my account for a $3 toll that I had already paid. They claim it's an administration fee for forwarding a letter I have never even received. I am also working on a complaint to the ACCC. If anyone is interested in a class action against Atlas's then please let me know.

Kazza K.

Got my security deposit back. Went to our bank who suggested that we go to the one near us .We did and after showing them the bank papers ,they couldn't be more helpful. Got my security deposit back within 5 days. That was a suprise but a good one. Hope this helps you.

Clare W

Clare Wasked

Where is everyone's bond???? I have been waiting nearly 2 months for mine

Lyn R
Lyn R

6 weeks for me. Tomorrow I’m lodging a Visa dispute transaction with my bank. I urge everyone to do the same. You need to do it within 60 days.

Charlene
Charlene

I lodged a dispute and bond returned.

Get an answer from our members and Atlas Car & Truck Rental representatives