Atlas Car & Truck Rental

Atlas Car & Truck Rental

3.7 from 1,464 reviews

See the Best Car Hire Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Booking Process
  • Received Booked Vehicle
    • No, I received a worse vehicle (62)
    • No, I received a better vehicle (41)
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Incentivised Review Yes (2%) · No (98%)

Himesh

HimeshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst experience ever!!! Charged Credit Card after without invoice and closing the account!!!

Vehicle TypeBMW 3 Series

Booked 6 months and arrive to find out they have gone out of business

Booked a car for our Christmas holidays in QLD 6 months in advance only to land at the airport, call them to come pick us up and find out they had gone out of business. Had to pay top dollar finding another rental car during Christmas holiday time. A-holes!!!!

Company went out of business and didn't let us know!

The company went out of business 3 weeks ago but we only found out by calling them when we were already in front of their office to collect our car...

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Cheap but don't deliver the service

Vehicle TypeKia Rio

Emily

Emily

DO NoT use this company ! They took my AUD 4000

DO NOT use this company , it s a big scammer ! They took my 4000 AUD as the car hit by a kangaroo, but then they refused to give me repair invoice with breakdowns of the labour and parts. I am unable to claim it from my 3rd insurance company ! I sent numerous emails and phonecalls, no one seems want to care ! I left multiple voice messages and asked them to call back or just send me a repair invoice ! The receptionist just threw me like a ball from different departments to another. I doubt if they have truly taken the vehicle to repairs I think they judt want the 4000 dollars instead, thats why they keep avoiding my emails and calls. I am going to ACCC and fair trade NSW to report this !

Vehicle TypeNissan Pathfinder

Gone Bust! A pack of rats!!!

Booked over 6 months ago and when I checked just a couple of weeks before our travel was told that they have gone bust and cant rent us a car, They know ages ago but didnt e-mail customers. Has cost us additional $800 to rent another car due to short leadtime and peak season. Should have taken heed of other poor reviews. I called the CEO and found he no longer was with the company. I wonder why???!!!

Not a good Company!! I recommend Deol Car & Truck Rentals

this company only making interest from customer's money, now company is closed, i booked a car from here, but they never returned my bond, currently i booked a camry car from Deol Car & Truck Rentals, & its a very good company & good team

felmingham

felminghamPerth, WA

Have been waiting 14 months for a refund

We hired a car with a car seat and no car seat was available so had to pay for another company to provide at our own cost. was told we could be refunded original cost and any difference in new cost to hire seat would be covered. That was October 2018 and still waiting on response. In over 12 months I have only received 2 responses to my emails. Absolute joke!!

Chris Jones

Chris JonesSydney, NSW

Atlas Car Rental are no more

Booked a car several months ago for a trip to Perth, rang today to confirm booking and was advised that Atlas are now in receivership and will not honour any bookings, 4 weeks before Christmas looking for another car, not even the courtesy to send an email advising the booking i had was cancelled.

K D

K DMelbourne

Car Rental cancelled without any notice and 40 minutes waiting to connect to Customer service

Atlas Car Rentals cancels a booking without reason made 4 months ago, for a trip happening in a month
Tried calling them and was 40 minutes on hold. Poor service

Brett S.

Brett S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No oil in car, no refund for $30 worth of oil either!

Worst car rental company ever. Stay away from this one. They don't bother servicing their fleet. I collected my car at end of business hours then noted too late that the oil light was on. When I checked, there was no oil in the car! Were they hoping I'd drive it anyway and blow up the engine ?? So I didn't drive it until morning when I could replace the oil at a cost of $30. A month later, still no refund !!! I won'r be back Atlas. Unethical business.

K. Andrew

K. AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Car not road worthy

My family rented a Toyota camry from Atlas whilst in Melbourne. Had scratches, dents and an orange liquid stain on the front passenger side. Front tyre burst and Roadside assist had to come and fix it. Mechanic said that the other tyres were not road worthy. I had my kids in that car and it had been raining. We nearly missed our flight back and they didn't care or offer any help. Be really careful. Rego- 1ky 2bu is not safe

Sharon

SharonNorth Queensland, QLD

The initial savings are not worth the headaches, extra after charges and poor customer service

Long time from pick up to driving off with vehicle and from arrival at drop of to return to airport. Multiple after charges and took over 3 months to advise no refund despite being result of their error. Even advised by overseas call center (atlas customer care) that they get a lot of complaints about company and hard to get follow up.
Low price rental and vehicle OK but terrible delays and service.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Great service with minor problem.

Unfortunately, when attempting to book on the net, I inadvertantly ordered two cars. I wasn't aware of this until picking up my car. Now I need to contact Atlas to recover the additional deposit.

Choice One

Choice OneMid North Coast, NSW

Would use this company again Couldn't have been more friendly Professional service and vehicle was what we expected and was all we needed for the trip
Would use this company again without hesitation

shane.kohut

shane.kohutSydney, NSW

Unprofessionally Run Outfit

It started with us having to wait close to an hour at Tullamarine Airport for the free shuttle to their premises. This place seems to run on smell of an oily rag and when trying to contact it looks as if you get through to a call centre overseas. After being picked up we found out that we couldn't pay cash. Only credit card. It would have been nice had we been informed of this when booking. Finally when they handed the keys over to us we found a full beer bottle along with an empty one on the floor of the car. Great work Atlas!! I will never use these people again

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival

MELBOURNE VEHICLE HIRE

Vehicle was as expected and met our needs. Good value. Staff at pick up in the city were excellent. Staff at drop off at the airport were very unfriendly. Would book again

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX

car rental in perth

cheap rates with a great car.
took quite a while to be picked up from the airport and took quite a while to finalise car check - busy staff, maybe a few more for busy times would help.
staff were very friendly and informative.

Vehicle TypeSuzuki Swift
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

The most shocking car hire experience ever! Be warned not to dare hire from this company... unless you love pain.

Lana

Lana

Great car

Customer service was good. A bit more explanation wouldve been helpful in how to use the car as it was very new. The vehicle wasnt exactly what I asked for but still very nice. Very fuel efficient. still awaiting the bond hoping to have it bank on the account by Thursday

Troy V.

Troy V.asked

Want to know wye you can't book a car on line.. Are yours out of business for not paying bills?

Merissa B.

Merissa B.asked

Can I cancel a reservation that was done online?

Where are your terms and conditions on your offical website in regards to cancellation as you currently don’t have any?

Kazza K.asked

Where is my $350 security bond not returned. My name is Karl Downing and i hired the car on February 1st in good faith that it would be returned. If it isnt returned in the next week i will be taking legal action against you. It will cost a lot more than the $350 Security bond i payed as you will end up paying court costs as i have to verify. Pay up as i will be taking legal action against you

Consumer advocate
Consumer advocate

Dispute transaction with your bank and complain to every consumer protection organisation in Australia

AHav
AHav

Like you Atlas has taken my money and continues to take it periodically without my prior knowledge and absolutely no indication of why they have taken it. They just deduct $55 (twice) from my account for a $3 toll that I had already paid. They claim it's an administration fee for forwarding a letter I have never even received. I am also working on a complaint to the ACCC. If anyone is interested in a class action against Atlas's then please let me know.

Kazza K.

Got my security deposit back. Went to our bank who suggested that we go to the one near us .We did and after showing them the bank papers ,they couldn't be more helpful. Got my security deposit back within 5 days. That was a suprise but a good one. Hope this helps you.

Get an answer from our members and Atlas Car & Truck Rental representatives