Kevin Rhys

Kevin RhysSlacks Creek

Ripped off and no reply!

This message is with deep regret as I had been with Amaysim a number of years their prices were competitive, not perfect coverage but at the price decent.
My problem arose on a long trip abroad I stopped my recharge after a couple of months as not us uninformed the phone but still had the number 0406303337.
I had a text message I needed to receive but wouldn’t come through.
I topped up with $10 to receive it only to be charged 5X $10 at the same time.
I forwarded the evidence to them and fully ignored.
I’ve been 5X charged and nothing!
Subsequently I’ve cancelled them.
If you can’t have the decency to reply good riddance.
Kevin Bergmanas do you can verify me.

Included Data per Month30 GB

terrible

Terrible coverage, I have no reception anywhere.
They Have double charged me three? Times and was a hassle to get my money back.
Oh and really really bad customer service

Rob

RobPerth, WA

Poor customer service

Trying to get my plan reactivated as credit card expiry has changed but no-one will reply to my emails for help. Away on holudaysand unable to contact my family
Time to find a new provider

Brooke

BrookeSydney, NSW

Honestly the best provider I’ve ever had!

I’ve been with amaysim for 4 years now, I’ve never had any issue regarding calling/network. They have the best prices, really take care of their long time customers and have cool competitions that come around occasionally :) When other providers try to get me onto their services I tell them the deal I am on with amaysim and I know they can’t beat it so don’t try and they don’t, so it goes to show.

Thank you !

Garry Gill

Garry GillSydney, NSW

Add call or conference not working

Hey actually i want to ask when i on call and someone else calling me I can’t hold and accept and even I can’t add call or conference call please help me

Included Data per Month200 GB

James

JamesCanberra 2600, ACT

usage information does not show for me also

after reading the previous post I checked my account and notice I also have no usage showing from Saturday so not sure if its a glitch or just a delay. Don’t check usage much so don’t really care lol, thought I respond though so your not the only one.

Michael

MichaelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No usage history

not happy with amaysim, my account is showing zero usage for 4 days!! Trying to download my call history for 45 calls made but says i have none. Seems a few people have this issue as I saw a post on whirlpool and another telco forum. So seems might be an outage! Bloody annoyed.

Elliot S.

Elliot S.Sydney, NSW

Voice quality has taken a dive

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 11 IOS 14 from my old iPhone 6s plus and I was surprised to find the voice quality has got worse! The network is dropping calls as well as long periods of silence on a call. I think it is time to jump ship!

Plan Cost per MonthA$30.00
Included Data per Month50 GB
Tony B.

Tony B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Big data low speed

The first one-two months the service was good. But now the internet speed is detioreting to the point when I have to change the provider. They are offering way too much data but the speed is horrible

Included Data per Month100 GB

Find out how Amaysim compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Really good value for money and if I have a problem they are easy to contact and my issue is quickly resolved

No issues re coverage as they use the Optus network. Fantastic value for money. They were great while I went overseas long term, I was able to keep my number. Yesterday when there was a problem with my billing I was able to contact them via live chat and explain my problem. I have to leave before they could resolve it but they fixed it for me even after I had to leave the chat. I'm a fan

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per MonthA$25.00
Included Data per Month30 GB

IshkaaAU

Bought a $40 sim no contract plan online and it went downhill from there.

Took 5 weeks to arrive and when I went to activate it on my account I found that Amaysim had already done this. I bought a "special" where the $40 sim no contract plan with 55MB and free calls cost $15. Amaysim has put me on a Pay as you Go plan with no credit and no data. To change this I would have to pay the full amount again. Talk about a rip off. Disgusted to say the least.

Got a reply from them 24hrs later saying the sim was active from 26/09 when I bought it online. I did not recvd it until the afternoon of the 20th October and I did not activate it. So the 55 gb have gone. Will not be renewing as this is a blatant rip off. ( funny how I never recvd any email from them to say it was about to expire ).

Ishkaa

Being sold to Optus. No wonder they are now so terrible. And speaks volumes that they delete any negative reviews from FB.

Ishkaa

All sorted now. Amaysim has now said they will reset the data and activation date. Pity I had go through all that stress and will now contact TIO to say all resolved.

Raider

RaiderSydney

Good for existing customers, great for new customers

There are some great sim plan deals for new customers. I understand that it's good business to draw in new customers but it would be good if these would be offered to existing customers now and then as well. The only way I can get these deals is to switch to another provider and switch back - if the deal was sizeable. I don't get a great service where I live but I understand that it's the carrier and not amaysim. Happy to stick with them because of the good customer service and all round good offerings.

jessiepaenga

jessiepaengaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amaysim over Aussie Telcos

I'd give them 4 and a half stars. Yes sometimes data transfer is a little slow at peak times but that's no different to everyone else I've tried. I have had only one issue but they resolved it and were very generous considering it was mostly my fault in retrospect. None of the major Australian Telcos have been honest or generous as Amaysim have been to me nor have they bothered to listen. They instead make you jump through hoops.

Included Data per Month75 GB
scott

scottNorth Queensland, QLD

not worth the trouble

I got 3 [prepaid] sims over about 2 years, Only once did it work. (the third time, I forgot about my original 2nd negative experience).
I activated a $2 sim, added 10 bucks to it and waited. No signal.Tried a different phone. Same problem, 12 hours after initial activation. Number was a dud. You can't call Amaysim - there is no number. It is email only. Good luck diagnosing a connectivity fault over email. BTW, after submission message appears; "Your query will be answered in TWO DAYS"! They don't even have chat to discuss issue for phones. Amaysim CS is a dud.

Plan Cost per MonthA$0.00
Included Data per Month0 GB
Neil

NeilHunter Region, NSW

Painfully Slow

I reluctantly tried Amaysim knowing they are on the Optus network. As I expected it is the same as I have experienced with Optus which is ridiculously slow internet. There is no way anyone can use 55GB in 28 days as I have tried and so far used 6Gb over 20days. I have checked all the settings and had Amaysim refresh my Network settings their end and there's no difference. I live in a good coverage area and the best I can get is 2.06 Mbs. If you want good internet speed switch to Boost which has mobile internet speeds in excess of 20Mbs. Might try Woolworths next as they are on Telstra Network. If you want low data usage stick with Amaysim. There basic plan would do. Hope this helps people decide which Telco to choose.

Plan Cost per MonthA$30.00
Included Data per Month55 GB

Mia

Mia

Good value for money, however don't loose your credit card.

I have been with amaysim on and off for longer than I remember. They're good until you loose your credit
card and have to 1, wait for the new card to come in the mail and 2, wait for amaysim taking ten days
to validate the new card before you can make any calls or sms. Everywhere else I updated my card was instant and able to use it straight away. I do not know why they have to have such an awkward payment system where the only
option is direct debit from a credit card. A month with no phone is primitive. Yes I could buy recharge vouchers from the supermarket they are expensive in comparison and not worth the trip or the money spent. DD from my savings account would be preferable.

Plan Cost per MonthA$20.00
Included Data per Month15 GB
Jonathan

JonathanSouth East Queensland, QLD

What's not to like? A takeover perhaps?

Included Data per Month1 GB
Andrew M.

Andrew M.

Been with them for 8 years

Included Data per Month2 GB

Poor Outgoing Voice Quality

Incoming voice quality is good, but everybody I talk to complains that my voice quality is poor. Usually only one bar on the mobile signal indicator at home in suburban Cairns. iPhone 7 plus.

Included Data per Month2 GB
Dan

Dan

Good value.. at a cost

DUB

DUBasked

Hi, I’m on the unlimited plan, calls are fine but voicemail doesn’t work. it’s turned on in the app ive done ##002# to clear any old setting. When I dial 321 it asks for my number but then it doesn’t recognise it. Can anyone help please?

AmaysimAmaysim

Hi DUB - we can help you out with your voicemail service.
Please reach out so we can have a look at your account.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/amaysim/

Sat - Sun 10am - 5:30pm
Public holidays 10am - 6pm

Conway

Conwayasked

I currently have an Amaysim sim card which I don't really use. I am now looking to use this number as my main number and take advantage of one of the long expiry offers ($50 off) which expire 31 December. One of the conditions in the T&Cs say "Not to be used in conjunction with an existing amaysim mobile service." As I don't currently have a plan with Amaysim, does this count as an existing amaysim mobile service? In other words, can I take advantage of this offer? Thanks.

AmaysimAmaysim

Hi Conway - the Flash Sale of Unlimited 120GB Plan, pay $100 for the first year is for customers who will place a new order online.
Switching your existing amaysim mobile plan to this plan will not work :(

Please check the T&Cs to know more:

You may take advantage of this plan by adding a new number to your existing My amaysim account: https://www.amaysim.com.au/help/mobile/manage-account/replace-current-sim-card

Feel free to reach out if you need further help.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/amaysim/

Public holidays 10am - 6pm

Caitlin J.

Caitlin J.asked

Hi,
My usage history isn’t updating at all for nearly a week through the app or website is there a way to fix this?

AmaysimAmaysim

Hi Caitlin - We send usage alerts when you’ve used 50%, 85% and 100% of your included data.
They can be delayed by up to 48 hours as the records are relayed from our network provider.

We recommend checking your balance by texting BAL to 568 which will give you more of a real-time update.

Get an answer from our members and Amaysim representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers