• Product is used
    • Daily (4)
    • Several times a week (2)
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Edison N

Edison NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bought it cheap in the UK but worth the bucks!

Lovely item which I shipped back from the UK and still cheaper than in AUS by $20. Though grinding is very bad, the texture is acceptable for its price. Recommended.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $100.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Suzanne

SuzanneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointing!

We bought our coffee machine from Aldi Sanctuary Lakes on 25th May 2019 and it is already broken! Water spurts out weakening the coffee and the pressure seems to decrease rapidly twice while using it. The grate has never fitted properly. Unfortunately I can't find my receipt which is strange for me because normally all my receipts are kept in my filing cabinet. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, never again will I buy from Stirling.

Purchased in May 2019 for $299.00.

Sally

SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

good value for money

Excellent value for money. Coffee tastes great quick and easy to use. Would recommend for sure. In fact everyone comments how good our coffee is when they visit us. Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for $80.00.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how ALDI Espresso Machine compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Does what it says on the tin

Great value for money, haven't had any issues with it (only had it a day) makes a decent cup of coffee.
It's not going to compare to a $2K machine but it's great value for money.

Can be a bit slow compared to a pro kit
Has regular noise levels.

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI for $299.00.

homeiyi

homeiyiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Filter basket gets stuck every single time!

The filter basket gets stuck Every Single Time. It's just really poorly designed. The suction holding the filter basket to the machine is so strong, the filter basket dislodges from the portafilter. I should not need to remove the filter basket by hand.

Will be returning this and getting a better designed espresso machine.

HappyCamper

HappyCamperBrisbane

Direct comparison to older Aldi Lumina Espresso Machine

Purchased in July 2019 at Aldi for $75.00.

Ismael

Ismael

Amazing value good coffee

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $85.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Ray T

Ray TRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Ours lasted 8 months.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Julian

Julian

Attracted by the 3years warranty but not great

I was seduced by the 3years warranty expecting higher quality of the product.
The first disappointment is the shots are to be controlled manually.
I have only used the steaming once.
The second is the amount of water flowing directly in water collector that gets full after making 3coffees.
On the positive coffees taste good.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Steam button doesn't work

I wish I had read the reviews before buying this. Makes coffee just fine, but oh, the PROBLEMS when trying to heat and froth milk. First, the steam/hot water button doesn't work - won't stay down so you can't get steam unless you hold it down. And it's doing something whacky with the heating. Machine heats up, heating light turns off. Great. Makes coffee. Great. Try and steam milk - heating light comes back on again, and steamer works for maybe a few seconds then stops. Mostly what I end up getting is think milk because it is pumping water into it and not much steam. This is going back to Aldi after two uses. This is not user error, either, I have used many other machines in the past and am well used to the process.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Adibabi

AdibabiWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

YOU WILL LOVE IT !

Bought this machine 3 weeks ago to replace a hopeless big-brand machine, and I'm totally happy with it.
Not totally automatic, it is simple to operate, and the amount of espresso, milk, and the degree of frothing are all fully and easily adjustable to individual taste.
It provides a good hot brew, which some automatic machines fail to do.
The milk and water containers are of good size.
Price is excellent value - cheapest that I could find.
Highly recommended - don't miss it.

Purchased in October 2018 for $149.00.

Leaks like a sieve!

I don't use it very often probably a couple of times a week. Its dripping water through the group head as others have said. I rang the helpline to order a gasket, but according to the callcentre they don't know if they have any and they will put my request through to a 'higher authority' and call me back in a few days. Not sure why they wouldn't stock a consumable item like that. Looks like it will probably end up in the bin.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Fedup

FedupPottsville

Absolute Disaster

Have issues from day one....coffee taste was not good, so mostly use my capsular machine for coffee, and the Sterling for frothing milk....
It worked ok for a short while, and is cleaned after each use, but it now leaks water, and doesn’t froth the milk only streams boiling water spluttering everywhere and diluting the milk, it is basically not workable..
The function dial is extremely hard to turn and is getting worse each day, definitely not something one could use with rheumatic problems
I love my Aldi sterling sewing machine and overlocker, but the coffee machine is another story !!! very very disappointing, have had to go back to my 8 year old Breville

Striling Coffee disaster

Bought the Stirling at Aldi initially it work well. It started leaking water after about 4 months. We followed the cleaning guidelines yet the leaking still continued and became worst. We have stopped using the machine. We not sure if it is worthwhile to approach Aldi about this faulty coffee machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Philip

PhilipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's a Dud

Purchased Jan 18. Returned Aug 18 to Tempo Australia due to leaking clear water from front of group head. Just not good enough quality in this day and age. Dissappointing given the machine externally was of very good material quality, and whilst it worked produced great coffee. Nonetheless, I was given a full refund by Tempo Aust.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Sergai

Sergai

Stirling by name but poor quality

I have had mine for 1 year, in the last couple of weeks it began to leak,at first a few drops,now its leaking alot around the group head. I have also experienced the function dial being very stiff especially when changing from frothing milk to brewing coffee.It does brew the coffee well though.Extremely diasppointed,I guess you get what you pay for.I think Aldi should announce a recall on this product...

Date PurchasedAug 2017

To good to be true

I purchased this as I love my coffee have been making coffees everyday and only had it 3 months, now has decided to just keep heating up and spewing water through the trip tray and won’t stop even when the dial is not engaged. Same with the frother it just keeps squirting water out. Unfortunately I’m gonna have to pay for a better quality and lucky Aldi have a 3 year warranty on it so will get my money back.

Doug

DougGriffith

great coffee on a budget

I got this on clearance for $100. Two of us used it daily for 2 months. We have just started using it again. So far we haven't had any issues. It makes a great coffee. More work than a pod machine but worth the hassle. I did find that I had to remove the optional attachment on the milk frother to be able to heat the milk enough before it frothed to much

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I'm gutted!

I'm gutted! Bought this machine in April and I have LOVED it! Easy to clean etc. But dammit.... the little blighter just threw a hissy fit and won't switch off with the front dial. Spewing water all over my kitchen bench as the reservoir just leaked until empty.
I'm packaging it up now and will be off to Aldi first thing in the morning.
Do not buy this machine!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

So many design faults, then it broke