7Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

4.2
4.1
Buying Guide Banner
Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300 Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

Read now

Vanessa
VanessaPerth, WA3 posts
  VerifiedPinned EM4300S

Excellent for the money!

We purchased this coffee machine when we had to put our larger Breville dual boiler in for service. I looked at both Breville option and Sunbeam. The equivalent Breville has a few extra gadgets and the group head feels heavier (but surprisingly doesn’t seem to fit as much coffee in it). For about $200 less than the Breville this does exactly what we want, no fuss, with a small counter footprint & fewer extra bits & pieces to store.

To get our perfect shot we’ve learned to not pack down the coffee grind too much or it won’t come through. Steam is consistent & dry, after heating to temp. Other reviews I read says it was loud but I’ve found this the case only fleetingly if you let it get to temp and gradually lower steam wand into milk.
This is a great back up machine for us & a perfect housewarming gift for someone starting out! Definitely would recommend!

Purchased in at Kitchen Warehouse WA, Osborne Park for $279.

• Product is used: Daily
  • Grinder: Breville BCG820 (Grinder)
Sunbeam   DM

Hello Vanessa, Thank you for the great feedback.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your tips to perfecting the optimal espresso shot.

Thank you for your continued support,
Sunbeam Customer Care

shasta
shastaNew South Wales6 posts
  Verified Top Review Mini Barista EM4300

Good product at an affordable price

Overall it feels well made, easy to refill water and easy to clean and it is nice looking. Warm up time is around 1 minute. With coffee ground correctly I can produce a coffee as good as any coffee shop in my area. What I like is the group handle is the same size as a commercial machine, 58mm. And its metal so it holds the heat. Also the group head is high enough to fit a mug underneath. Steam wand takes about 30 seconds to get going, it does the job nicely. So far I'm very happy with this purchase, bought while on special at Target for $200.00. The only complaint is that to put the group handle in and take out requires you to hold on to the whole machine, as it is so light. However because it makes such a nice coffee and was a good price, that is acceptable to me.

Purchased in at Target Australia for $200.

Sunbeam   DM

Hello shasta, Thank you for your GREAT Review. Happy to hear you're loving your Mini Barista.

Stephanie
StephanieSydney16 posts
  Top Review Mini Barista EM4300

You get what you pay for

I initially loved this machine. I used it daily making one to two coffees and I was impressed with the ease of use and the fabulous results. However, like other reviewers here mine has started making the grinding noise as soon as you turn it on at the socket. It also leaks water into the drip tray. I tried to descale it (I have descaled the machine previously) but it’s of no use as water not only goes through the steam wand but also leaks into the drip tray meaning I have been unable to finish the descaling cycle. Unfortunately for me I can’t find the receipt but the machine would only be about 18 months old. I think I paid about $215 from Myer. Another piece of junk heading for landfill.
David S.
David S.
  Verified EM4300S

Good coffee, but prone to break down

I had similar experiences to others described here. I like the machine when it is working, but I have had two of them break down, the second one after about six months. (This was a replacement machine so apparently not under warranty!) I hope that sunbeam are working on correcting what is clearly a design flaw. Show details
John
JohnCanberra Central 2601, ACT11 posts
  Verified EM4300K

Great little coffee machine no dramas

Had it over a year now, still works great (making on average 3 cups per day).. I'm no barista but I'm not sure what ppl are expecting here.. it's one of the cheapest machines around and still makes a good brew. Look after it.. clean after use/turn it off when not using etc and it'll serve you well in terms of convenience and saving money. Some extra tips: for a boost in flavour (and to minimise calcification) use filtered water ALSO be sure to grind the beans nice and fine and pack tight it runs better thru the group head Show details ·  1
Greg B.
Greg B.Far North Queensland, QLD4 posts
  EM4300S

Having problems with the machine and the so called help that should be provided. DON'T BUY ONE

Poor machine poor service .l will never buy a sunbeam product ever again. Show details
LizK
LizKFar North Queensland, QLD2 posts

Second Sunbeam EM4300S that has started leaking from the base after 1-2 years

Bought my first sunbeam mini barista in 2020 and it lasted 2 years until it started leaking from the base. Purchased another as I like the machine and the price, just thinking the leaking was a once off. Purchased a second mini barista in July 2022 and now in November 2023 this machine is leaking the same way as the previous machine. Show details
M Holl
M Holl2 posts

Awful machine!

Can’t get the coffee head to fit. Works like a charm if there’s no coffee in it- but as soon as you add tue coffee - won’t fit. Steamer stopped working after month regardless of it being cleaned. Complete waste of money. Show details
Maggie
Maggie2 posts
  Verified EM4300K

Good little machine

Have had my new machine for a week now after my 4300s model stopped working after 5 years of producing awesome coffees every time. I love the look of the new one and the extraction is great but I cannot get the milk to the same perfection. The steam seems to be much fiercer and the milk does not froth the same, so I end up with a watery coffee which is too hot Show details
Ainslie G.
Ainslie G.
Marc
MarcMetropolitan Adelaide, SA37 posts
  • +4Thumbnail
Sam P.
Sam P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Still going strong after 5 years

Excellent product for the price. I got mine for $199 at Harvey Norman five years ago. It has proven to be durable as I've used it daily for the last five years with no issues. The group head is good and full-sized, steam wand works well and the whole unit is easy to clean and maintain. If the coffee grinds are a bit too fine then the pump won't be able to push the water through the coffee, but you can judge the ideal grind level and tamping after a few uses. It comes with dual wall filter baskets - a single and a double. I bought a single wall (non-pressurised) filter basket separately which I predominantly use as my preference. This machine is a good, affordable basic unit that produces consistently great shots of coffee. Show details ·  1
Emma
EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Annie5 posts
Mrs B.
Mrs B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

My coffee machine is leaking. What can I do?

Establish where the leak is coming from:

• From the front of the machine under the Drip Tray – make sure the Drip Tray is emptied regularly and positioned tightly against the coffee machine before each use.
  • From the back of the machine under the Water Tank – check for any cracks or leaks coming from the water tank. Make sure there are no foreign particles or object blocking the valve. Ensure Water Tank is sitting correctly against the coffee machine.
  • From the group head – ensure filter basket and group handle is locked in position before use. Clean shower head regularly and replace group head seal, if required.

If you require further assistance please contact the Sunbeam customer care team - 1300 881 861 (8:30am to 5:00pm - Monday - Friday AEST).

My machine keeps pumping water even after I descale and reset the programs, what should I do?

Contact the Sunbeam Customer Service Center on 1300 881 861 (AU) or 0800 786 232 (NZ).

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The espresso making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds. Deposits of grinds and oils build up over time affecting the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Purging water through the Group Head and Steam Wand, before and after making each coffee, is the easiest way to keep your machine clean. Sunbeam Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablets (EM0020) are available for purchase from Sunbeam.

Why is my machine constantly leaking water? What can I do to fix it?

1. Make sure the drip tray is pushed tightly against the machine. Empty it regularly to avoid waste water overflow.
  2. Make sure the red plug on the water reservoir is removed and reservoir is sitting flush against the machine. Check for any cracks or foreign particles stuck on the valve / connectors on the water tank and machine base.
  3. If it's leaking from the group head make sure the group head handle is on tight and check for the seal.

The steam wand on my machine has stopped working, what can I do to fix it?

When the steam setting is selected, an initial amount of water / steam comes out and then stops. After the thermoblock heats to a higher temp, the steam will start. If no steam from the wand comes out at all, the steam nozzle might be blocked by milk residue or scale build up. Soak the wand in soapy warm water to soften the milk residue, then follow the user manual to clean and descale the machine.

I suspect water is leaking internally, what should I do?

Latest Consumer Questions

Caine P.
Caine P. · Mini Barista EM4300K (Black)

Both the ready and steam lights are flashing

Thérèse M.
Thérèse M. · Mini Barista EM4300

My machine just won't turn on. Occasionally it does, though with a delay and when it does it works fine so something to do with the button I guess.

Karen
Karen · Mini Barista EM4300K (Black)

My machine keeps pumping water as soon as its turned on and wont turn off

Mine too

Compare all Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300 listings
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $329$329
Dimensions 330 x 295 x 250 mm330 x 295 x 250 mm
Weight7.1 kg7.1 kg
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNoneNone
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishSilverBlack