Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

MPN: EM4300

BassaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The Sunbeam coffee machine that punches well above its weight

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for $238.00.

Noise Level
GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)

Hello Bassa,
WOW what a wonderfully in-depth review! We're so happy to hear that you're loving your Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300. By the sound of your knowledge and skills, it seems like you now have a little cafe right in your kitchen.

Bassa

Thanks. We do love our coffee.

Kate C

Kate CSydney

Can't even get started - dreadful

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer Online Store.

Noise Level
A and K Amor

A and K AmorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best value on the market

Still the best value espresso machine on the market.
I've had both the mini barista and the cafe crema from Sunbeam and both are outstanding.
I've just returned from 9 months in Italy and about to purchase another machine which will no doubt be a sunbeam. I gave the mini barista to my son before I left and he now won't part with it.
When you consider that a coffee in a cafe costs $5 these days, it doesn't take a lot of math to figure out the short pay back period of the cafe crema or the mini barista.

Purchased in February 2018 at K Mart for $200.00.

Hi A and K Amor,
Love the review, thank you!

A fantastic Coffee machine for its price but get a good extended warranty

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys for $229.00.

GrinderSunbeam Cafe Series Conical Burr EM0480

Hi Laurence,
I will forward the feedback...

JMD

JMDPerth, WA

Love it, not as sturdy as the previous model though.

I've had the previous model to this one for about 6 years before getting this one when my last one died. This one is a little more flimsy + light feeling that the old one but overall still a great machine. Consistently good quality coffee. You can choose 1 or 2 shots. Temperature is great. Perfect home machine - one of us drinks a double espresso and the other a coffee with milk, we use it daily and haven't had any problems. With the previous model I found that the seal would start to leak after a few years, will have to wait and see what happens with this one, I've only had it for a year.

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $200.00.

GrinderSunbeam AutoGrinder EM0415

Hi JMD,
Thanks for reviewing for us...

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great machine!

Purchased this machine for $240 and it is excellent, nothing bad to say. Coffee crema is cafe worthy, if not better than many and the milk frothing wand works perfectly. We use the machine daily and it's easy to use and clean.

Purchased in August 2018.

Hi Sarah,
Thank you. We believe it is a great machine as well!!

Steph B

Steph BMelbourne

So far so great

Had been having plunger coffee for approx 6 m before taking the leap and buying the Mini Barista. Can say, the quality of the coffee is fantastic. Easy to use and clean. No complaints whatsoever

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys Narre Warren for $220.00.

Hi Steph B,
Thank you for your great review!!

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great until it stopped working!

A great machine until it stopped working for some unknown reason few days ago. The pump turned on when the machine was off (but plugged in at the wall), and started leaking water. Now it doesn’t work at all. Very disappointing given the warranty ran out a few months ago.

Purchased in April 2018 for $220.00.

Hi Kate,
Please call our team on 1300 881 861 to see if we can assist with this.

Brian.

Brian.South East Queensland, QLD

Decent machine

Product overall is top notch for its price, I would say its espresso shots are better than some automatics costing 5 times more. However, there are some problems which may or may not apply to everyone.

The group head spouts are too far apart. I take my espresso as a shot, with a small cup whose diameter is about the same as distance between the spouts. Do we see a problem :) Its not too bad, it spills over the sides if I don't centre it properly.

The biggest issue would be the water container, the plastic used is terrible. It imparts a plasticky taste if water is left in it overnight. I have soaked and rinsed it in hot water a few times but its still there. Resorted to emptying out the container every morning to pour fresh water in.

Hi Brian,
Thank you for the wonderful review!

SuePerth, WA

Sunbeam mini barista

Received as a gift in Dec 2018, started leaking 7 months later, rang retail outlet it was bought from they no help , as I have no receipt but my husband purchased on zip pay so there is a record of purchase, still no good.

Purchased in December 2018 at RetraVision.

Product is used: Several times a week

Sue

I have forwarded my email with copy of receipt to your customer care email, look forward to hearing from Sunbeam customer care.

Rokko

RokkoSydney, NSW

Reliability could be better, but worth a shot!

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer for $215.20.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)

NikGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Was amazing for the first year

This coffee machine was absolutely amazing the first year but not even 2 months after my warranty expired it has stopped working. I am surprised these expensive machines only have 12 months warranty with the manufacturer.
My neighbours also stopped working but luckily just before her warranty expired, so was able to get another machine.

I would give this machine a 5/5 but due to the fact I know of 2 machines that have died (one not even a year in and the other just over a year in) I have given 3 stars.

Purchased in June 2018 for $196.00.

Product is used: Several times a week

Hi Nik,
So sorry to hear this. Please gather your purchase receipt and call Sunbeam on 1300 881 861. We would love to assist you further. Kind Regards Sunbeam

mcalary

mcalarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine at a reasonable price

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $249.00.

Hi mcalary,
Thanks for the great review!
Kind Regards Sunbeam

montxsuz

montxsuzAU

Pleasantly surprised

As a coffee addict, this is my first "proper" coffee machine, though I have a capsule machine which I use in the office. Prior to this Sunbeam I used a plunger (French press) most often. Given what I paid (about $200 online), it is well worth it. The coffee is good, and I prefer it over the plunger. I use the milk function about once a day, the coffee making function much more. However, my first one malfunctioned after 6 months, it started leaking water. No worries, Bing Lee & Sunbeam replaced it without problem. Hopefully the replacement one (now about a year old) will last longer ...

Purchased in March 2018 at Bing Lee for $200.00.

GrinderAldi Striling

Hi montxsuz,
Thanks for the great review! If you do experience any issues please call us on 1300 881 861. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Greg K.

Greg K.Central, SA

My goodness, Sunbeam you have outdone yourselves!

Hi Greg K.
Thanks for the great review! Enjoy.

John B.Perth, WA

Wish I'd found this machine years ago

Purchased in July 2019 for $240.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi John B, thank you so much for reviewing and sharing!

John B.

You're welcome. I posted a photo showing the thick crema. Pity it's too small to see.

Ian

IanPalmerston, NT

Awesome machine

Very satisfied with the coffee machine, simple to use and makes better coffee than most cafes. I love this machine, it was cheap, easy to use and clean. Hasn’t missed a beat.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $240.00.

GrinderSunbeam MultiGrinder EM0400

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the great review! Enjoy.

Shannae

Shannae

Love it!

I purchased this machine a few weeks ago. I had done my research and looked at lots of reviews and different products.
I’m really happy with this machine. It’s fabulous value for money, I purchased it on sale for $200, which is extremely cheap for a decent coffee machine. Full price is about $300 which I still think is pretty good value.
It’s very easy to use, easy to clean and makes a great coffee! Milk steamer is very good too... I like extra hot coffee and heat the milk to at least 75 degrees with no problem!

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Online Store for $200.00.

Hi Shannae , thanks for the great review! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Robert

RobertSydney Surrounds, NSW

Should have bought one earlier.

I purchased this machine around two months ago and am very pleased with it. Coffee tastes very good indeed. Just remember to heat up the mug(s) with hot water, otherwise the coffee is not as hot as you may like it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $249.00.

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the great review!. If you continue to have issues with the temperature please call us on 1300 881 861. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Micemeat

MicemeatHobart, TAS

Great home espresso

Good easy to use machine,
Works well,
Frothing is amazing wand works to a impressive standard.
Coffee creme is pretty impressive,
Pressure/heat seems pretty good.

However faults I have found are that on cold days/morning the main switch doesn't work that well. It doesn't select double/single/frother at times you have to try 3-4 times to get the thing started.

Even though this happens I still love the machine, makes decent coffee for the money.

Purchased in December 2018.

GrinderSunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Shara C.

Shara C.asked

I had my sunbeam now for 3 months , an when I go to use it the wand it is constantly steam out water,even if i I have turned it off , an then when try to use coffee section the wand starts again ? Anything I can do ?

Hello Shara C,
It sounds like the machine just needs to be cleaned, follow the steps from page 18 on: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/EM4300_3245_A_IB_Web.pdf

Bassa

Hi Shara C - that must be really annoying. I'm not much good 'under the bonnet'. I would presume you've followed the instructions in the manual and allowed the steam pump to warm up, etc. Another aspect I've forgotten a couple of times is to leave the group handle in the machine until after doing the milk - see Quick Coffee Making Guide, bottom RH corner of first page. I have no idea why this is necessary, but I do it. Finally, immediately after every milk-steam, clean the wand (hygiene) and then turn on the steam wand or the hot water and let it run for time. Milk can easily clog a machine. Sounding like the machine needs a clean.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thanks Bassa - You're a legend!

Stan B.asked

I have the Sunbeam Mini Barista. Had it now for about 2.5 years. Today with the power plug in but the machine switched off, it suddenly started to pump and released most of the water from the unit. Turned everything off. Re-filled water, made sure it all fitted properly and with the machine switched off but the plug switched on, it does it again. Only stops when I turn the power switch off. Is that weird or what??

Bassa

Yeah, that's weird! Sure hope mine doesn't do that. I only know how to drive it - stuff under the bonnet is a mystery. Like, I know what the PID does but I sure don't know how it does it. Sounds like a mechanic's job.

Hello Stan B,
That shouldn't be happening when the machine is standby mode. We have a directory of repair service agents, find your local agent here: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Service-Agent-Locator/

Stan B.

Unfortunately not one local agent within 50km of postcode 5172 which is only 30km south of Adelaide. Unless the link you kindly sent is not working correctly....Cheers....Stan B.

DionS

DionSasked

Hi, my coffee EM4300 has recently stopped extracting and coffee at all and , instead decided to leak water out the side on the group handle. I used to be a full time barista and would usually say it needs a new seal, but I do find it weird that no coffee at all is coming out of the basket. Also I pulled the seal out and gave it a quick clean and noticed it has a particular shape... which I can't seem to find online anywhere. Does any know if a regular seal will work for the mini barista? I saw a Sunbeam "Cafe Crema" seal on ebay. Will this work?

Hello DionS,
Our spare parts and quality control team member has informed me that the brew head seal on the EM4300 is very durable. It's more likely because of a blocked filter basket ,not the seal, that's why the water is not coming through.

Unblocking Filter Baskets steps on page 18-19: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/EM4300_3245_A_IB_Web.pdf

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives