Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

MPN: EM4300

Great machine minus the faulty steam wand..

I am about to return my Sunbeam Mini Barister back to the store twice now seems to be a fault with the water pump, disbursing water through the steam wand while the coffee is getting disbursed through the filter.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Simone, So sorry to hear of your coffee machine not functioning as it should. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will be passed onto our product team .

Good enough for a home machine

I use professional espresso machines at work and I can clearly notice the difference in quality. A great feature is the measured shots of espresso, which takes the guess work out of the perfect shot for a beginner. However, the lack of power in the steam wand tends to make my milk watery and can ruin the flavour of the final product. Better than instant coffee, but a great espresso coffee will only come from a professional machine.

Purchased in December 2017.

Milk Frothing
Product is used: Several times a week
Hi Giacinta S, Thank you for your review, we take all feedback on board...

Disgusting

Brought the product and it came completely broke. Some off the coffee machine was scrached and has dents in it. Plugges it in and it didn't work. Absoloutley Useless. :( sad

Purchased in August 2018 at Argos for $75.00.

Milk Frothing
Hi Reece, I am sorry to hear about your coffee machine. All of our products come brand new in the box so I can't understand how it is dented and scratched unless it was a demo or second hand product sold as new. Please return this with your receipt as this is not how our Sunbeam products are sod and normally this product is of high quality.

Great machine!

Fantastic machine! As a barista this machine is a great for at home! Makes a great coffee and milk. Heats up quick and reasonably quiet. But have nothing bad to say. Highly recommended!

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Online Store for $200.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Ewokk, Thanks for the great review !

Cheap and affordable coofe machine

I bought this machine from Good guys Casula on sale for $160.

We have been using this machine for the last 3 month and been great.

Down side.
Nosie level and viberation are slightly high and could be improved

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $160.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Miller, Thanks for the great review. The noise is normal. We suggest to check it is on a completely level surface. It can also depend on where in the room it is positioned. Acoustics play a big role. Enjoy the coffee !

Great But......

This is a great machine,it got a great coffee making score from Choice magazine. I have had it now for 6 months 2 -3 perfect coffees a day, and then it stopped working , I got straight on to Sunbeam ,they replaced it on the spot !
So great work to them! A very happy customer

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman Online for $189.00.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)
Hi Gene. Apologies again for the issues you experienced with your original machine. Hope you are back enjoying your coffee with the replacement unit we sent!

Perfect!! Amazing and GREAT value for money

Yes yes yes! If you’re looking for an espresso machine, this ones for you. Sunbeam is amazing and had a coffee machine for 6 years before it faithfully died and was replaced by this beauty. Water capacity for the drip tray is AMAZING and rarely do u have to empty it (once every 3-4 weeks). 2L water capacity is also great. Would definitely reccommend

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $230.00.

Product is used: Daily
Thanks for the positive feedback Nicole.

Great little coffee machine!

Very happy with this purchase. I don't use the steam wand so can't comment on that but the machine brews a great cuppa :) Easy to use, easy to clean, doesn't take up too much space on the kitchen bench. Would definitely recommend if you are after a budget but effective espresso machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for the great feedback Claudia!

Great machine

This little machine saves my husband and I so much money - we happily drink a coffee from home everyday and we’re not tempted to buy one. Very easy to clean and good for the environment by using ground coffee and not coffee pods. Try brewing an espresso the night before then topping up with milk and ice the next morning in summer - delicious.
The only fault is the size of the milk jug - way too small for a machine that can brew two coffees at once. We bought a bigger jug and it’s fine.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Sam B. Thanks for the great review! We will pass the feedback on the size of the milk jug onto the design team!

A great machine at this price.

We've had this for a few months since replacing our old Sunbeam espresso machine, which died after many years of faithful service. Since we got the grind right, we have been really impressed with how consistent the coffee from this little machine is. It makes really good espresso and the milk steamer is powerful, too, if you need it. Has some nice extras like storage area under the machine, trip tray overflow warning, adjustable auto shot volume. Thanks, Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you for giving our product such a great review, we appreciate it!!!!

Very good compact coffee machine

I have had this coffee maker for a couple of months and so far, it has met my expectations. It is very similar to the Swiss machine I used in Geneva, except it is of lighter construction - plastic, while the Swiss one was stainless steel. It would have been better a little heavier to make locking the coffee handle easier. One has to hold the machine securely while locking the handle onto the machine. My real complaint is that the lid/cover of the water reservoir does not fit correctly onto the reservoir. The handle of the reservoir appears to stop it from fitting on. I have found insects in the reservoir as I cannot close it properly. Do I have the wrong lid/cover?

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Wayne, Not exactly sure why it's not fitting. Give us a call if you get the chance on 1300 881 861 so we can run it through with you....I made the call, only to be told to call back later - too busy. Maybe you should install a system where you can call back the consumer.Hi Wayne. Apologies, we had an unexpected issue with our phone system yesterday which was unavoidable. Ordinarily a callback option is available. We are happy to contact you directly if you send us a private message with your contract details. Alternatively, the phone system issue has now been rectified so you can contact us on 1300 881 861.

Reliable homemade espresso

I was very picky in choosing a cheap espresso machine and am very satisfied after having bought this one.

I wanted an entry-level espresso machine to make a flat white at home on the weekends; I buy my daily coffee at work on weekdays. I tried using a french press, and then a pod machine, but was never satisfied, so decided to dive in and buy a cheap-ish espresso machine that had a milk frother included.

After reading a lot of reviews, of a lot of products, I settled on this EM4300, and love it. As other reviews have noted, there's a bit of trial & error with your grind coarseness and amount, but once you nail it you can consistently make a good coffee. I grind my beans to be a bit more coarse than fine powder; almost as coarse as using a french press. And I fill the basket to be nearly full to the brim (a millimetre or two more than the included guide recommends). When locking the group handle in, there is a bit of resistance that you push through and then you know you've got a good firm seal with the group head.

I bought a $60 hand grinder with a ceramic burr off ebay, as the advice online was to get one of these and have a good grind; I think this was money well-spent.

I also bought a larger milk jug as the included jug is just barely enough to froth milk for one small (8 oz.) coffee, and it froths right up to the lip which risks spilling hot milk. Buying a larger jug makes frothing milk easier and safer. This would be my only criticism of the product.

Overall this machine makes good coffee and is easy to use, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is after cafe-style espresso at home who doesn't want to spend a lot.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Martin!

Great little machine

The coffee this machine makes is almost as good as something you'd get at a cafe. It is consistently good and I love the ability to be able to specify one shot or two. Learning to froth the milk (I have been frothing milk on home coffee machines for years) on this machine without it squealing or failing to froth took me a couple of goes but overall, it is easy to use and makes a great, hot coffee.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
HI AMANDA 154, great to hear and thanks for the review!

Very good little machine for coffee lovers

Have got this coffee machine for more than 3 months now. So far so good experience with this purchase from Sunbeam. The quality of coffee is great and consistent; milk texturing performs well and obviously as a home machine, the speed cannot compare with the one at coffee shop, but it does the job very well!!!!

As this is a budget machine, we have to compromise our convenience for not being able to extract coffee and milk frothing at the same time. But if u only need to make 1 or 2 cups of a time. Then it wouldn’t be a problem after considering how much u have saved from buying coffee outside :)).

I purchased the machine at first for learning how to make espresso. This is my best investment ever as I save from enrolling expensive training courses and enjoy the flexibility of practicing whenever I like!!!

If u after one, this is sometimes on special and u can get a real good deal

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for the great review JP!!

As good as 90% of cafes

This machine is an absolute gem. I went Sunbeam again as our Sunbeam Cafe Crema went for around 15 years before failing ( did replace a couple of group head seals ). There is no doubt the larger group head gives a better flavour extraction from the coffee....and I love the timed pours, I use the 2 cup pour for a single cup as most people who have reviewed do. I use Aldi Organic Free Trade ground coffee ( for 10 years now ) best value coffee on the planet, please try it....and the flavour and pour is excellent when dosed and tamped correctly. I don't bother with steaming milk for cappos, just flat whites. Yes, the group head is very tight to attach...but understand why it is this way. If I get 10 plus years out of this one I'll be a happy camper.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks for the great review Undies! Glad to see your enjoying your coffee!!

Good machine untill it died

Bought this coffee machine 14 months ago and have used it everyday with filtered water and regular cleaning with no problems and was really happy with it until today when it has completely died.
2 months out of warranty not happy as it wasn't cheap and expected it to last a lot longer.
Rang the warranty hotline and they were fantastic as it sounded like a electrical fault with the switch they replaced it with a new machine.
Very happy with outcome and now enjoying a coffee at home.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Sorry to hear of the issue you experienced with the first machine Kas, but I'm sure your new machine will provide you with quality coffee for many years to come.

Good start but ...

Coffee machine is looking very good. All the time coffee does have cream on top but this does not mean that the taste is good. Sometimes it comes out a little bit burnt but it may be the quantity and quality of the coffee. Cappuccino steam function is working well. Overall good experience.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thanks for the great review Manuela. If the coffee has a burnt or bitter taste, your grind may be a bit too fine which is resulting in over extraction.Thanks I will try with a different one

Inspired to write a review

I actually bought this machine last Christmas and didn’t think to write this review until now. This machine is so awesome I cannot believe the price. Simple to use and makes great coffee once you master it. It was so good my mother recently told me she wanted one so I went to Harvey Norman to get her one. Whilst I was there I saw a new machine called the Barista Max. The sales person told me it was the new version of my machine so I bought it and love it even more. Check out my review I just wrote about that machine (Barista Max). Highly recommend either this Mini Barista AND The Barista Max. Depending on your budget you won’t be disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thanks for the great review Ted!

Fool Proof!

You can't go wrong with this great appliance! Super easy to use - it's virtually fool proof! Has taken a few goes to master the milk with the steamer, but other than that it produces great quality coffee! Has saved me a lot so far in take away coffees in the mornings!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Natalie!

What a pleasure

Hi all
We've always had pod machines and a percolator. Decided we wanted to make our own barista style coffee, so purchased an EM 4300
As always with something new it took a while to get the correct amount, tamp pressure etc. My partner and I now enjoy amazing coffee, whenever we want, without having to bother about getting the car out every time. Easy to clean, fill with water, and looks great on the counter. The water temp is spot on for us, and once you get the angle right the frother works great.
Really happy overall

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Zimbo, couldn't have said it better, thanks for the great review!!!!