Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

EM4300S (Silver), EM4300K (Black) (See All)
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300 Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

shasta
shastaNew South Wales

Good product at an affordable price

Purchased in at Target Australia for $200.

Hello shasta,
Thank you for your GREAT Review. Happy to hear you're loving your Mini Barista.

Stephanie
StephanieSydney

You get what you pay for

I initially loved this machine. I used it daily making one to two coffees and I was impressed with the ease of use and the fabulous results. However, like other reviewers here mine has started making the grinding noise as soon as you turn it on at the socket. It also leaks water into the drip tray. I tried to descale it (I have descaled the machine previously) but it’s of no use as water not only goes through the steam wand but also leaks into the drip tray meaning I have been unable to finish the descaling cycle. Unfortunately for me I can’t find the receipt but the machine would only be about 18 months old. I think I paid about $215 from Myer. Another piece of junk heading for landfill.

Charles
CharlesMelbourne

Quick coffee without the drama or rituals

Purchased in at Appliances Online for $219.

Hello Charles,
Thank you for your very detailed review, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are so happy to hear that your are loving your Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300.

Thank you for your useful storage tip of the cleaning pin.

NellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Report it to the ACCC

Second machine - same fault. When plugged in the pump runs constantly, spewing water everywhere, the motor running nonstop and potentially starting a house fire. I urge all others (i see there are many) with this same fault to report it to the ACCC here: productsafety.gov.au/contact-us/for-consumers/report-an-unsafe-product

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Online for $300.

Cat B.
Cat B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A wonderful and stylish product

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $199.

Mic
MicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine when it worked.

Purchased first machine in 2019 from Myers, it lasted 3 months and received a replacement. Same problem milk wand has no pressure and water leaks from wand. Up to my 4th machine and has just gone on the blink.
Will be looking at other brands this time.

Purchased in for $240.

Rowan
RowanSydney, NSW

Compact, professional features like a thousand dollar machine, and makes perfect espresso

Very impressed. Best machine I’ve ever owned and easily the best espresso machine in its price range.
Easy to use. Well-designed and built.
Consistently makes a perfect espresso, at optimal temperature - just like a high end machine.
Really like the feature that flushes hot water and keeps the milk wand clean and un-clogged.
The manual is easy to follow, full of information and includes techniques explaining how to make coffee and froth milk like a professional barista.
A pleasure to use too - I love making coffee with the Mini Barista even when I’m half-asleep - because it tastes so good.
Gives me something to look forward to when I have to get up early in Winter and it’s cold and dark outside.

Purchased in for $230.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300 compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Amy
Amy

Excellent coffee but OMG SO NOISY

Makes a decent coffee and now the cafe wants $6 a pop I bit the bullet and got my own machine. I use killer coffee which is terrific. The machine makes a great cuppa but man oh man is it noisy! It rattles around the bench and my
Cup nearly rattles right off the holder part. Love the frother! It’s a good machine for the price. I would’ve liked something fancier but couldn’t justify. This is good for what I paid as I am judging based on the coffee It makes and how well caffeinated I am haha!

Purchased in at Appliances Online.

shal p
shal pSydney, NSW

Works well until it doesnt!

Not applicable
Not applicableSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent coffee every morning

We had one given to us 7 years ago . For a home machine it is reliable . It took 2 to 3 minutes to turn on and froth the milk well .
Compare to industrial machine it is not extracting the coffee as well but for that price it is good enough . The industrial one cost 5 times more for a mall one.
We bought a new one 3 weeks ago when it was on sell. Stick with sunbeam brand again

Purchased in at Rachel Guy for $800.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Davis
DavisCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Leaking water

Only had a few weeks and mini barista is leaking water, tray empty. Water accumulating underneath machine, not very impressed. Is second one we have had so not good otherwise is a good machine

Laurie
LaurieMaclagan

Great product

The only issue is the know for water and steam hard to turn for me as I have arthritis and is very slippery but overall is the best addition to my kitchen

Purchased in for $699.

Michael T.
Michael T.South East Queensland, QLD

Great coffee at an amazing price

We replaced our em7000 that lasted about 5 years with this little em4300k and couldn't be happier. I don't think it takes any longer to make a delicious coffee with this single boiler unit than it did with our old dual em7000. We are using the filter basket that came with the em7000 & the results are much improved (creamer) than when using the basket supplied with the em4300k. The steam wand pressure is great & it's a very quiet little machine, imho this is all you need to make quality coffee at home.

Purchased in at Kmart Online Store for $229.

Paul Dalley
Paul Dalley

Failed at 19 months

Bought from Appliances Online September 2020, $200. Just failed with the known issue of pump running when plugged in, whether main switch is on or off. Also been dripping around the group head.
It's a pity because the coffee was very good and milk steamer worked well.
Juast unacceptable that it has such a short life.

MalSydney

Faulty control circuit - Coffee Machine and water pump turns on by itself

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Same issue as everyone else, yet Sunbeam deny it is a known fault

My mini barista is about 2 years old, and has the same fault as everyone else - keeps pumping when plugged in, but not turned on at the machine.

Have called Sunbeam 4 times. They deny this is a known issue. They keep trying to send me to a repair centre, but the repair centres say they cannot source the part and cannot help.

This is a KNOWN problem, yet Sunbeam fail to fix it. They are knowingly selling a faulty product. Disgraceful.

Purchased for $250.

Product is used Daily
Ralph
Ralph

Love the ease of use but not the leaking

Like a few other reviews I’m confused .
Love this little compact machine , but water leaking underneath can’t see where from just a pool of water each morning.
Do I get it repaired?
Buy a new one it’s 3 years old, gets used 3 times a day usually , it seems this is a fault in the design if so ??
Sunbeam we want to keep purchasing your appliances but will the next one do the same

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $260.

James N
James NSydney, NSW

Great machine until it stopped working

Great machine that makes loverly coffee, better than competing machines from other manufactures.
It's no longer working though. First it started leaking, then the on/off button stopped working. No easy fix and very little information on how to service. Sunbeam could do with improving their after sales support.

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

My coffee machine is leaking. What can I do?

Establish where the leak is coming from:

• From the front of the machine under the Drip Tray – make sure the Drip Tray is emptied regularly and positioned tightly against the coffee machine before each use.
  • From the back of the machine under the Water Tank – check for any cracks or leaks coming from the water tank. Make sure there are no foreign particles or object blocking the valve. Ensure Water Tank is sitting correctly against the coffee machine.
  • From the group head – ensure filter basket and group handle is locked in position before use. Clean shower head regularly and replace group head seal, if required.

If you require further assistance please contact the Sunbeam customer care team - 1300 881 861 (8:30am to 5:00pm - Monday - Friday AEST).

My machine keeps pumping water even after I descale and reset the programs, what should I do?

Contact the Sunbeam Customer Service Center on 1300 881 861 (AU) or 0800 786 232 (NZ).

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The espresso making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds. Deposits of grinds and oils build up over time affecting the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Purging water through the Group Head and Steam Wand, before and after making each coffee, is the easiest way to keep your machine clean. Sunbeam Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablets (EM0020) are available for purchase from Sunbeam.

Why is my machine constantly leaking water? What can I do to fix it?

1. Make sure the drip tray is pushed tightly against the machine. Empty it regularly to avoid waste water overflow.
  2. Make sure the red plug on the water reservoir is removed and reservoir is sitting flush against the machine. Check for any cracks or foreign particles stuck on the valve / connectors on the water tank and machine base.
  3. If it's leaking from the group head make sure the group head handle is on tight and check for the seal.

The steam wand on my machine has stopped working, what can I do to fix it?

When the steam setting is selected, an initial amount of water / steam comes out and then stops. After the thermoblock heats to a higher temp, the steam will start. If no steam from the wand comes out at all, the steam nozzle might be blocked by milk residue or scale build up. Soak the wand in soapy warm water to soften the milk residue, then follow the user manual to clean and descale the machine.

I suspect water is leaking internally, what should I do?

Latest Consumer Questions

Paul B.asked
Mini Barista EM4300

Hey I'm having the same issue with my machine where the pump keeps pumping and doesn't shut off from the moment the PowerPoint is turned on.

thanks for nothing

Nell

Same issue. Messaged Sunbeam earlier today, hoping they respond cause this is a dangerous fault

Paul B.asked

Hi
I am also having the same problem as above. Pump run non stop with water leaking from the lower area of the machine.

Robin M
Robin Masked
Mini Barista EM4300

I have had a Sunbeam Mini Barista for 2 years and have been extremely happy with it. But now, as soon as you turn it on, the "Steam" light starts flashing (small round light to the right of the main ready light). There is no noise or sign of anything else happening at all. I have always favoured Sunbeam products because they have been very reliable but no one wants to repair this machine as they say it would cost less to buy a new one and they can't even guarantee getting any parts necessary. This is very disappointing. If anyone could offer a clue about the fault I may be able to persuade a repairer otherwise I will reluctantly have to risk replacing it with a different brand.

See all Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare both Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $329.00$329.00
Dimensions 330 x 295 x 250 mm330 x 295 x 250 mm
Weight7.1 kg7.1 kg
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNoneNone
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackSilver