Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300

MPN: EM4300

• Product is used
    • Daily (37)
    • Several times a week (7)
    • Weekly (1)
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

MicemeatHobart, TAS

Stopped working after 2 years

Had issues with the main switch getting frother to come on after about 6 months of use.
Could only get the thing to do milk getting the switch between hot water and steam.
Today the seal on the coffee went and steamer doesn't work at its full mode.
:( was a good machine for a short time.

Purchased in December 2018 for $300.00.

Karen v.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hasn't lasted

Coffee has been brilliant and has worked without problems for 2 years. Today it has just stopped putting water through the coffee and only puts it through the steam tap.

Purchased in November 2018 for $230.00.

Wen

WenFar North Queensland, QLD

doesn't last!

Loved the coffee it made. But as other reviewers just over 15 months and leaking . As from today thermoblock does not shut off even when power light is off. My previous machine was much better value for money.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Lavonne I.

Lavonne I.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good machine but short life span, 18 months.

So disappointed with my sunbeam 4300 machine and that the warranty won't cover it, being almost two years old. It makes great coffee but around the 17 month old mark it started leaking from underneath (where the drip tray is) and the thermoblock pump won't turn off even though the power button is off. I have always descaled my machine every 4 months and used it twice daily. My old machine lasted almost 4 years and the 4300 not even 18 months before issues began. The water leaking also damaged by kitchen bench top. Not happy.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $200.00.

Nellie

NellieSydney, NSW

Not Happy

Nellie
Water is coming out of the wand when we are pouring coffee, therefore coffee is not pouring correctly. I descaled the machine, but it didnt help. I have sent it to a sunbeam approved repairer who said it cant be repaired. My machine also is 2 months over the warranty. Seems they only last this long. What can you do about this sunbeam?

Purchased in December 2018.

Rotuli

RotuliHobart, TAS

The Sunbeam EM 4300 makes good coffee but doesn't last

Machine makes very good Coffee but is unreliable as only lasted 15 months before started leaking and thermoblock pump won't turn off even though power button is off and now the machine is leaking water every whereI will not be buying another Sunbeam coffee machine as not happy with reliability

Purchased in September 2018 at Betta Home Living for $240.00.

Bev Bennett

Bev BennettHunter Region, NSW

Great until it's not.

I bought the mini barista about 9 months ago from Good guys. It has only been used once or twice per week since then and has been well looked after. Unfortunately I've had the same thing happen as a lot of other people. Water has started leaking from the wand so you can't make a decent brew. I won't buy another one or even get a replacement under warranty. I'll go to another brand.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $249.00.

Product is used Weekly
GrinderKmart Anko Coffee Grinder

land fill awiting

the machine does make a nice coffee but like a lot of users 13 months later it is cactus it just pumps the water into the drip tray no coffee

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $249.00.

Just had our second machine in 12 months break down

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $279.00.

GrinderBaratza Sette 270Wi

shasta

shastaNew South Wales

Good product at an affordable price

Purchased in November 2019 at Target Australia for $200.00.

Hello shasta,
Thank you for your GREAT Review. Happy to hear you're loving your Mini Barista.

Stephanie

StephanieSydney

You get what you pay for

I initially loved this machine. I used it daily making one to two coffees and I was impressed with the ease of use and the fabulous results. However, like other reviewers here mine has started making the grinding noise as soon as you turn it on at the socket. It also leaks water into the drip tray. I tried to descale it (I have descaled the machine previously) but it’s of no use as water not only goes through the steam wand but also leaks into the drip tray meaning I have been unable to finish the descaling cycle. Unfortunately for me I can’t find the receipt but the machine would only be about 18 months old. I think I paid about $215 from Myer. Another piece of junk heading for landfill.

Nell

NellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Made nice coffee, then broke down

Made nice coffee for two weeks, then started spewing water all over the kitchen and broke down. Had used the machine perfectly with great care, machine is seriously faulty. Taking it back to the store now.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $199.00.

Mini barista1

Mini barista1Goulburn Valley, VIC

So disappointed!

I am so disappointed that after 18 months of minimal use, 2 coffees per day, and not used at all for four months, that water is now leaking from beneath the machine. I live 300ks from a service centre, and it is not worth my time and petrol to take it there to be told it will then cost me more for repairs. Is it too hard to make a quality product? I must add that I had my LAST mini barista for three years before it gave up. I was told by sunbeam they should last five years. This seems to be a common problem with this machine. I am not buying another.

Purchased in June 2018.

Product is used Daily

Great coffee - until it stopped working 18mths later!

I was so happy with this great little machine. It made beautiful coffee with a great crema and deliciously silky micro foam. My family said it was even better than the coffee at many cafes. Unfortunately 18 months later it started leaking water from underneath, lost the ability to froth milk and died a slow death.
Out of warranty and living in regional Victoria with no service centre - I am not prepared to spend a fortune on repairs. I am angry that this great machine has cheap parts designed to fail after a short period of time, resulting in the whole thing going in the bin. What a waste!

Purchased in June 2018 for $250.00.

Leisa

Leisa

Great machine - found why the water kept emptying out

This is a great little machine - reliable and makes a great coffee.
The machine's pump suddenly started emptying out the water. I remembered that there'd been an electrical surge during a storm and the machine's pump had made a strange noise.
I realise now the electrics of the machine were damaged.
This could have been prevented with a protective devise at the powerpoint (I do this with all my expensive electrical items). I've heard even a double adapter will prevent damage during a surge.
I will definitely be putting in place this protection with the next machine.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $220.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thank you for your informative feedback Leisa.

Davo

DavoNew South Wales

Awesome little machine

Makes a great shot, easy to use, full size group head which you can set to single or double shot. Only minor comment is the stainless milk heating jug supplied is only big enough to heat one serve at a time, but you could easily buy another, bigger, jug.

Purchased in June 2018 at Myer for $250.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thank you for the lovely review and I'll be sure to pass on your feedback.

Redlands

RedlandsBirkdale

Stopped Working After 18 Months

This machine produced consistently decent coffee for 18 months but then stopped working. Had another brand machine previously which lasted 10 years. Will return to that brand for our new espresso machine

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Hello Redlands,
So sorry to hear about your coffee troubles.
The problem might be a simple repair, here is a directory of our agents if you wanted to inquiry: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Service-Agent-Locator/

BassaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The Sunbeam coffee machine that punches well above its weight

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for $238.00.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)

Hello Bassa,
WOW what a wonderfully in-depth review! We're so happy to hear that you're loving your Sunbeam Mini Barista EM4300. By the sound of your knowledge and skills, it seems like you now have a little cafe right in your kitchen.

Bassa

Thanks. We do love our coffee.

Kate C

Kate CSydney

Can't even get started - dreadful

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer Online Store.

A and K Amor

A and K AmorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best value on the market

Still the best value espresso machine on the market.
I've had both the mini barista and the cafe crema from Sunbeam and both are outstanding.
I've just returned from 9 months in Italy and about to purchase another machine which will no doubt be a sunbeam. I gave the mini barista to my son before I left and he now won't part with it.
When you consider that a coffee in a cafe costs $5 these days, it doesn't take a lot of math to figure out the short pay back period of the cafe crema or the mini barista.

Purchased in February 2018 at K Mart for $200.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi A and K Amor,
Love the review, thank you!