Amcal

Amcal

See the Best Chemists in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sally

SallyMelbourne

Won’t match their own online price

I found a product in the Amcal on-line store for $8.99.
I then went in store to buy it. The same product shelf price was $10.99
I asked why and if they could match their own online price. No was the answer, but they offered to order it in and I could collect it the next day from the store for $8.99. They claim that it is because the online store is run by a different company which buy it cheaper. Both Amcal????

Store LocationRowville

GGR1946

GGR1946Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ok but very, very expensive

Had to fill a script whilst away from home so went to Ann Amcal pharmacy in Carlton. Service good and friendly BUT a generic antibiotic and one other simple item cost DOUBLE what I pay at my local pharmacy or chemist warehouse.

Store LocationDemartes Amcal Chemist 560 Lygon Street Carlton
Trish_D

Trish_DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic Customer Service.

Customer Service through Amcal Online just brilliant. A query re my delivery was answered promptly and followed up with a resolve in less than an hour. Always prepared to go above and beyond my dealings with Amcal both online and in store have always been helpful. Prices good and the helpful staff make purchasing a pleasure. I have no hesitation in recommending Amcal.

Store LocationEmu Plains and Online.
Pip

PipCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Helpful though more expensive

Script medications for blood pressure & cholesterol that cost less than $8 each at Chemist Warehouse or Chemist Outlet were over $20 each (I did request generic brands) at Amcal Chemist in Westfield Mall, Belconnen. After questioning the bill of nearly $50 the chemist kindly discounted total closer to $30 but still around double the price of discount chemists. I never realised there were such large price differences, even with the explanation given of higher shop rents. Otherwise all the staff and chemists are very friendly and helpful and the shop has good range of products.

Store LocationShop 1 Westfield, Belconnen

Mimi

MimiSydney, NSW

Do not go Amcal Newington NSW store!!

As other reviews said about Amcal Newington NSW store-overpriced medicines (20-40% more than the market price). The pharmacist had given me unacceptable attitude and customer service. No empathy towards sick people. I hope they realizes this not the suitable job for dealing with sick people who seek assistance/advice/courtesy.

Store LocationNewington NSW

Click and collect is ok, in store service not

Store LocationDarwin City

YO YO

YO YOGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Price 100 % more than other chemist . never go there again .

Brought the normal drug any other chemist could have same brand same packing . They charge 100 % more than other chemist . normally , I brought at 10.30 . but they mark overcharge price as 23.59 . never go there again .

Jess

JessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just got ripped off!

I went to the chemist and the stupid woman gave me the wrong change.
I went back and asked for my change that I was owed, and I pretty much got treated like a criminal!
I will never be going back to that store again! What a joke!

Kev

Kev

overcharging on medication

was charged twice the price for prescription medication as compared to other pharmacies, wont go again even if I have to drive 30 mins to another pharmacy and they dont do price matching

Stefan29

Stefan29ACT, 2905

Ok , but some product not matching pics on website.

Didn’t receive the same items we had ordered on the website. Otherwise great value and fast delivery, may will purchase some product in a store in person.

Atrocious customer service.

The pharmacist at Amcal Belconnen is borderline abusive. Screams and shouts at his customers. I would not recommend shopping here.

Let down

Let downLaunceston

Disappointing recruitment process Devonport

Disorganised and unprofessional, travelled long distance for interview and received no follow up call post interview as promised, can only imagine the working conditions.

Robert Z

Robert ZGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They VET their REVIEWS

Tina R

Tina RPerth

False Advertising on Web Site

Web site advertise states Ozheath Arthritis cream $17.99. When you go into the store (only 3 stores in Western Australia) it is $25.95. The excuse is that it is a web only special for click and collect. The web site does not say this at all. They are falsely advertising. Will support my local chemist who is more honourable.

Disgusted

DisgustedSuccess, Western Australia

Chemist at Gateways (Success, WA)

Artemis

ArtemisOxenford

Staff refusing sale of otc medication to two separate people

Unjustified Overcharging

Medications at Amcal are double the prices than in other places not a store to visit ever again. not at all price competitive.

Lynne

LynneStrathalbyn South Australia

Good communication skills .

This store has everything laid out very well, gifts on one side, medicine and personal hygiene on the other, then toys and items of clothing, sun glasses ! Staff are friendly and help is there when you ask for it ! Always plenty to choose ,for different occasions ! A pleasant experience to have each time we make that visit of personal care.

Don't shop online... False advertising and negative reviews are censored

Significantly Overcharge

Amcal Chemist - Bundall are a complete rip-off. They charge significantly more (25%) for exactly the same prescription medicine bought elsewhere which is disgusting considering what the product is.