Amcal

Retail Stores, Online Store (See All)
See the Best Chemists in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Amcal? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Overpriced and rude

Needed a colour true certified copy of documents so I went in with the colour copy and documents. I was told they keep a copy - sure, keep a copy of what you've signed I don't mind.

No, what they mean is they make a black and white copy to give you and keep your copies you made. Even if you specify it needs to be colour.

And then charge $2.50 per page.
Not only is it a rip off, but it is a waste of everyone's time. Go to a police station, free and you don't have to wait 20mins to get ripped off and deal with rude staff.

Ray
Ray

A month for delivery

Order a product using online service but the order seems to get lost in Corporate Amcal system.
Terrible service advised to ring local Amcal franchise store and order with them

mstk
mstkBrisbane

Amcal New Norfolk, Tasmania

Frequently unable to give a receipt and this problem has been going on for years. They still can't fix it. Also the prices on the shelf are often different from what they charge at the counter.

Maximum
MaximumNorth Queensland, QLD

Serious online store issues

Ordered items online 14 days ago. No communication on ETA. Followed link on invoice and registered online. my order is not showing on new account. Sent email to info@ address listed on online portal. Nothing. Worse service I have experienced in a long time. My credit card was charged for this purchase nearly 3 weeks ago. Only 40 dollars, but needed items so went to another supplier online with no issues. I give up on Amcal, total failure.

Tom
Tom

Incorrect info on their web page

I ordered several items online which the web page clearly indicated were in stock Several days later an email arrived saying they actually weren't in stock I rang their customer service number but after about a 20 minute wait-is it the Bank of Amcal-I gave up
Very poor service

Click and collect

I registered with Amcal, logged-in and checked the price for Cetaphil moisturising lotion 1 Litre it is $18.99, I tried to order one online with click & collect from Amcal store in Middle Park 4074, when tried to pay $7.50 for delivery. I called the store and quarried, why $7.50 for delivery? I was advised by store staff the their store price is $34.99 and they were surprised, why as why I am being asked to $7.50 for delivery, it should be free and they also told me they can't help me. Anyway, I can buy same product for $19.99 at chemist warehouse. Amcal appears to be cheats. Noel.

Ridiculous pricing

I went into the West Lakes store today to refill my two prescriptions which I normally fill at Chemist warehouse but couldn’t get there today. I was totally shocked when I paid the bill and I asked for the prices. At chemist warehouse I pay $5.99 for rosuvastatin it cost me $10 today, the other med I usually pay $13 cost me $18.50 today! I’m enormously annoyed and feel cheated. Made up my mind I’ll never shop at Amal ever again. Done and dusted never again.

ragw
ragwSouth East Queensland, QLD

watch perscription pricing both using the same store and/or between stores

Had same perscription brand, name dosage etc medication filled a month later. The pricing differered being $9 more. When asked why the higher price, I was told repeat script (so was the last one). Then it was a private script (so was the last one). Then different company - (same company). Different amcal store - the previous script was dispensed by the same store. - gave up asking due to continual reasons and I felt devalued. l - $9 diference may not seem much but when pensioned, the money becomes important. Lesson learned, I just wont go there or any other amcal because of hidden price systems.

Debbie
DebbieFar North Queensland, QLD

Rip off

My prescriptions were $40.00 more expensive at this pharmacy at Smithfield Campus qld. One of the medicatios was $24.00 as opposed to what i normally pay which is $12.00 at Yorkeys Knob and $8.00 at chemist warehouse.

• Store LocationSmithfield Campus qld

Craig
CraigSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wadalba branch just awful

The staff here are rude and I feel uncomfortable as soon as I step in the store. Tiffany and kristy have no customer service skills. I will drive to kanwal rather than go to this store that is right next door to my dr.

• Store LocationWadalba
Linh
LinhCanberra 2600, ACT

Expensive for no reason

Visit the Amcal store every now and then, their prices are always higher than other pharmacies. For instance, yesterday I bought an antibiotics bottle at a nearby Amcal store for $16, the same one I would pay $10 at any other place (got that thing quite often for my kids). I checked the price of other products too. It's hard to justify their pricing.

Michela
MichelaSydney, NSW

Rip off prices

Rip off price for the same product i usually buy for $12, at one amcal chemist I paid $25. I asked for an over the counter one but they didn't have it. I wasn't even told the price before seeing it on the credit card machine. Rude staff when I questioned the price. Try to avoid to buy your items from here if you can.

Pal
PalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Price gouging

I bought a bowel prep kit for colonoscopy 17 June 21 at Amcal Kanwal Village for 17 Jun 21 for $15.99. Today, 12 July 21, I had to repurchase exact same kit and it was $21.50, a $5.51 price hike in less than 1 month. Geez I am sick of being ripped off by big business. Will never go to another Amcal Chemist.

Melb
MelbMelbourne

Will charge your card and cancel your order for items that don't exist

I have tried to purchase items from the Amcal store twice in recent memory. Both times my order was full charged, then had to be altered in some way, either partially or fully refunded.
The online store will allow you to purchase multiple items for which then the orders are rejected due to an unwritten "store policy" found nowhere on their website.
In the past, Chemist Warehouse's online store has always fulfilled all orders placed, rather than cancelling and leaving customers hanging for a refund.
Amcal's customer service was non-existent except to point out it was my fault for placing multiple orders for the same item.
Will be shopping from Chemist Warehouse's online store from now on, to save the headache.

Happy Customer
Happy CustomerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Customer Service

I ordered four products from the online store and there was a slight mix up with one product. The person I dealt with was very helpful and the mix up was rectified in no time. I'm very happy with the service and will order online from there again.