Amcal

Amcal

1.7

Double the price of every other chemist

Never again! $75 total for 4 prescriptions that cost me $35 everywhere else, one was even a generic brand! These people add $10 per medication on top of the usual retail price so at least 80% of their sale price must be pure profit. Save your hard earned money and shop elsewhere. Even if you have to drive or catch a cab to the next suburb, it'll work out cheaper!

Chel

Chel

Don't Order Online

Placed an on the 16th of March. Items are in stock. 3 weeks later still haven't received a tracking number or the order. Very disappointing, won't be ordering online again.

Store LocationOnline
Kerry W

Kerry WSouthern and Hills, SA

Terrible shipping times

I ordered something on the 18th, that took a week to be processed to the point of shipping. It was in the hands of Australia Post on the 25th and arrived a few days later.
Packaging was sufficient and arrived safely but do not order from here if you need something quickly.

Store LocationOnline

Muppet Motors

Muppet Motors

Don't use Amcal Online

Like every Australian, I have been scouring the internet for toilet paper. Amcal online were selling some and were marking it as 'in stock' so I bought a fair chunk for delivery. They were more than happy to take my money. After a while, I began to get suspicious so I contacted them to find out that they were misrepresenting they had stock and were not sending my order. I had to contact them to discover this. I wonder how long they were going to keep my money. Anyway, avoid this lot. They also asked for a review, which I duly obliged and they then didn't publish it, presumably because it wasn't a positive review.

Gina

GinaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Port Sorell Store - THE best customer service

The team at Amcal Max Port Sorell in Tasmania make you feel like family.
Nothing is too much for them, they offer beautiful customer service and outstanding knowledge.
Even when they are busy, they still find time to ensure your needs are being met.
Love Amcal Max Port Sorell.
Thank you team.

Store LocationPort Sorell Tasmania
Marci

MarciSydney, Australia

AMCAL Online 4 & half stars - Very happy

Store LocationAMCAL ONLINE - https://www.amcal.com.au/

Rude and arrogant staff

We went to buy mosquito repellent from Macquarie store for our kid and asked for help from the customer service girl named Taylor. She was so rude and arrogant. Never visit the store again

Store LocationMacquarie

YesPerth, WA

Overpriced

I was charged over double the price on basic prescription medication. When I asked why it was over $25 more than my doctor told me it would be, the pharmacist assured me that was the regular price and that my doctor doesn’t know the prices for medication she had prescribed me. When I asked if it was possible to get a generic brand, which my doctor had told me would be cheaper and do the same job, the pharmacist told me that the generic brand did not exist. Never go here.

Store LocationCannington
OzBargain

OzBargainCanberra 2600, ACT

Store priced higher than online

I asked for 60 pack vitamins, the retail assistance brought and scanned the 30 packs, which I thought was 60 packs at the time. Price was ~$4 less than Chemistware House which I thought was a deal. Came home to find out I was charged for 30 packs.

Freaking overpriced items. Will be returning them back for full refund.

Avoid Amcal all together. You think the online price would be the same as in store, I bet you would find them much expensive.

Store LocationAmcal Belconnen

Aisha

AishaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Complain

Amcal chemist at Carlton near Woolworth I went for normal BP check up i been charge $5 for just one BP reading when no other chemist ever charge .such shame

Store LocationAmcal carlton
Viper6

Viper6

Disappointing

wayne r.

wayne r.South East Queensland, QLD

Constantly poor effort and cheaky staff

Metro southport amcal girls laugh and smirk at customers that have a complaint..and the senior chemist never does what she says she will do for customer..generally cheaky girls.so again I retrieved all my scripts and gone else where.

Store LocationSouthport
Harjit

HarjitWestern Australia

Product quality good but over priced

Easy to locate product, staff is friendly and helpful at Gateway shopping centre cockburn. I did find what i was looking for but baby products price bit higher than supermarket stores,

Sally

SallyMelbourne

Won’t match their own online price

I found a product in the Amcal on-line store for $8.99.
I then went in store to buy it. The same product shelf price was $10.99
I asked why and if they could match their own online price. No was the answer, but they offered to order it in and I could collect it the next day from the store for $8.99. They claim that it is because the online store is run by a different company which buy it cheaper. Both Amcal????

Store LocationRowville
GGR1946

GGR1946Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ok but very, very expensive

Had to fill a script whilst away from home so went to Ann Amcal pharmacy in Carlton. Service good and friendly BUT a generic antibiotic and one other simple item cost DOUBLE what I pay at my local pharmacy or chemist warehouse.

Store LocationDemartes Amcal Chemist 560 Lygon Street Carlton

Trish_D

Trish_DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic Customer Service.

Customer Service through Amcal Online just brilliant. A query re my delivery was answered promptly and followed up with a resolve in less than an hour. Always prepared to go above and beyond my dealings with Amcal both online and in store have always been helpful. Prices good and the helpful staff make purchasing a pleasure. I have no hesitation in recommending Amcal.

Store LocationEmu Plains and Online.
Pip

PipCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Helpful though more expensive

Script medications for blood pressure & cholesterol that cost less than $8 each at Chemist Warehouse or Chemist Outlet were over $20 each (I did request generic brands) at Amcal Chemist in Westfield Mall, Belconnen. After questioning the bill of nearly $50 the chemist kindly discounted total closer to $30 but still around double the price of discount chemists. I never realised there were such large price differences, even with the explanation given of higher shop rents. Otherwise all the staff and chemists are very friendly and helpful and the shop has good range of products.

Store LocationShop 1 Westfield, Belconnen
Mimi

MimiSydney, NSW

Do not go Amcal Newington NSW store!!

As other reviews said about Amcal Newington NSW store-overpriced medicines (20-40% more than the market price). The pharmacist had given me unacceptable attitude and customer service. No empathy towards sick people. I hope they realizes this not the suitable job for dealing with sick people who seek assistance/advice/courtesy.

Store LocationNewington NSW

Click and collect is ok, in store service not

Store LocationDarwin City
YO YO

YO YOGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Price 100 % more than other chemist . never go there again .

Brought the normal drug any other chemist could have same brand same packing . They charge 100 % more than other chemist . normally , I brought at 10.30 . but they mark overcharge price as 23.59 . never go there again .