AMOMA.com

AMOMA.com

• Trip Completed Yes (102) · No (18)
  • Ease of Booking

Jay C

Jay CSydney, NSW

Complete scam - Amoma.com

Amoma.com is a complete scam. I booked a hotel in Perth for 2 nights. They charged my credit card, sent me a confirmation then cancelled the hotel booking and kept the money.
I selected the link through one of Trivago or hotelbookings.com
I’ve now looked at reviews and can see they have been scamming people for years. How is this still happening???

Francesca

FrancescaSydney, NSW

Booking Cancelled At Sofitel - No Warning!

Booked with Amoma in August 2019 and turned up to the Sofitel for a wedding in November 2019 To our disbelief and without any courtesy call or email notification from Amoma we flew into Brisbane, turned up to the Sofitel to be told our booking was cancelled in September... Money was paid in full from our account in August and we were left to pay again in full at the hotel when we arrived ! Luckily they had one room left!! What a disgrace and bitter experience leaving us very weary about purchasing with online companies ever again!! To leave customers stressed ,financially stung and with no notice of a cancelled booking is shameful.

Booking Type Accommodation

I got my money from amoma

I booked a hotel via amoma.com. And after they bankrupt, but i contact my bank institute, they told me to send the all details and email report i contacted with amoma, after 2 months i got my money from bank.. anyway my problem was sort out..

Tony bodon

Tony bodonSydney, NSW

Be careful.

Booked a hotel in September turned up in November and were told there's no booking we had to pay again at the higher rate at the Versace in the gold coast

Doug F.

Doug F.Hobart, TAS

Concentrate on what still can be fixed.

Ripped off at Travel Lodge Melbourne

Yep arrived in Melbourne for Spring Carnival weekend with 2 night stay at Travel Lodge South bank. When booked in May I went online through Trivago and directed to AMOMA. No advice and staff at Travel Lodge were absolutely useless in advice or trying to match the original deal or best rate for a 2 night stay. Got stung big time and TravelLodge customer service or at least a little empathy was not at all apparent. Thank God a backed a couple of Winners at Flemington.

Megan M.

Megan M.Sydney, NSW

Total thieves

Found out today when i went to book airport pick up that they had cancelled our accommodation booking with the resort back in September. Paid in full in June. I had no notice at all and would not have know until landing in Thaliand if I had not contacted the resort today. Clearly scum bags knew they going bust and grabbed back as many people's funded bookings as they could first. Long awaited holiday just devestated like that.

Pete

PeteQueensland

Fraud Company - Do not use

Fraud company. DO NOT USE. My bank and if I have my way, the police, are investigating. They took my money and made no booking. SCAM Alert!! Do not use!! Left me stranded in Sydney with no accommodation.

Dave and J

Dave and JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip off

Arrived at our accomodation in Canada september 2019, this was paid for in april 2019.
Hotel did not inform us of they were not paid and charged double at checkout. Not notified by either amoma or hotel of the bankrupcy.
Ripped off by both.

Scam arrangement

Booking made in August in Melbourne. Phone call to my son confirming. Amona cancelled and kept his $500. He only found out when attending hotel. 18 years old....that type of money is a fortune to him. I don't understand how this firm was able to cancel bookings and then declare bankruptcy. Total scam.

Luke B.

Luke B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

BANKRUPT - stole my money!

This company without notice canceled my accommodation as they went BANKRUPT!!!!!!!
No refund, No notice!
When I got to my holiday hotel they had no booking! I had to pay to upgrade to the last remaining room and it has cost me a fortune!! BEWARE!!!!!!!

Denise

DeniseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gave them a 1 as a rating as no O option.

Total rip off. Booked $600 AUD worth of Hotel accommodation only to find my Hotel Booking had been cancelled due to Non payment. They took my money knowing they had closed there doors. My Bank now investigating the transaction.

Booking Type Accommodation

Rip off merchants. Take the money and run

I booked through this group and received an email to say ceased trading and the accommodation would most likely cancel our booking. Rang the resort and it was Amoma that cancelled. Took the money and ran. THIEVES

MelissaMelbourne

Disgraceful

I booked a hotel two week's ago and paid $1555. They instantly took the funds from my account. A friend let me know about them going bankrupt. I didn't even receive a letter.

tintinMid North Coast, NSW

Absolutely disgusting

I Booked a hotel for $500 and received an email on Saturday saying the company had gone into administration! I booked in March 2019 & Amoma charged me in advance. It is Impossible to contact them on line. I contacted the hotel who told me that Amoma had canceled my reservation...but they have not paid the hotel!
Absolutely disgusting behaviour and first rate embezzlers
It seems they are (were) based in Switzerland

Sapphire G.

Sapphire G.Sydney, NSW

Zero stars

Fully booked a hotel for $900 and received an email on Saturday saying the company had gone into administration! So now I’m left $900 out of pocket and no accomodation!

No stars Fraudulent travel company

Booked 5 star accommodation in Greece for over AUD $2,000 in March this year, paid in full. Received email Saturday morning informing company have ceased trading. We go next week, phoned the hotel in Greece who informed us they were never paid and booking has been cancelled. Now everything is booked up or more expensive at last minute. Howcan companies get away with this as it was found viaTripAdvisor. Only good thing we paid on credit card so bank will reimburse. But we have had to find further monies until they do.

MikeAus

MikeAusSydney, NSW

Lost money with AMOMa

Just found out the hotel in Penang doesn’t have my bookings! $800...my bad is I paid be debit card, anyone knows if I can get this money back? Thanks for your help.

Helena L.

Helena L.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience ever

I booked my hotel back in March this year, and was paid in full, and received an email from amoma saying my booking was cancelled, it was a disaster, does anyone know whether we can get our money back or not

no stars

i booked a hotel for my daughter and i so i could take her to a cheer comp to compete in melbourne for nationals. SPENT over $500 and now i got an email to say they closed down and there are no refunds. IM DISGUSTED'!!!! I had a bad feeling about this and now look at what they have done!

Petenleemccarthy

Petenleemccarthyasked

I just called my Bali hotel for confirmation only to be told that are Amoma cancelled my booking without my knowledge after I paid in full $800.
I have called a number +41 225 182 013.
And I cannot get connected.
I am meant to be at my hotel this Monday and now it is cancelled and you have my money.
I am in Australia what do I do now.
I paid your company back in July in full and I do not know why you waited until September and then cancel my booking and kept my money

Melissa

Yes same thing has happened to us. I'm $1500 out of pocket. Hope you have travel insurance. Alternatively contact your bank to see if they can do anything. You will need to rebook and pay in the mean time. AMOMA have gone out of business, therefore you cannot contact them.

Same as Melissa....

Cath G.

Same thing happened to my son. They cancelled his booking and kept the $500. He only found out when he fronted at the hotel. Scammers!!

Tine Carlos

Tine Carlosasked

hi amoma.. we are in the hotel and they want us to pay again with our stay.. but we have a confirmed booking with you.. pls help us on this?no means to pay again... pls...

tintin

Amoma has gone bankrupt. Having been informed by Amoma that they had ceased trading, we contacted the hotel that we booked & paid in march earlier this year via Amoma.. The hotel confirmed that a third party had advised them that our reservation had been canceled, but they had not received the money....We therefore had to book again (directly with the hotel) and we will have to pay a second time (when we stay there, in 3 weeks). We had no choice but to choose this solution.
We will probably enquire if our Credit Card company can cover this
Amoma=Disgraceful

Nadeem.L

Nadeem.Lasked

i booked a hotel in istanbul 2 weeks ago and paid through Amoma.
Hotel says booking not confirmed as at today.
Send me clarifications.

Get an answer from our members and AMOMA.com representatives