1.4 from 1,179 reviews

1.4

1,179 reviews
Pee Wee

Pee WeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Applying for an ANZ credit card-a recipe for disaster

TopicCredit Card Application

Don't sell me something I didn't ask for !

Gemima

GemimaMid North Coast, NSW

no loyalty from this bank

I've been an ANZ customer for 35+ years and i'm fed up with the lack of customer loyalty. I've been a loyal customer for DECADES and plenty of money has passed through my account. I'm sick of being hit with constant fees and interest charges. Even if you've been a loyal customer for decades. Even in a global pandemic, ANZ is charging late fees and interest on purchases. They closed almost all branches, no longer able to even use Australia Post, no service/s but plenty of fees and charges. I will be moving all of my accounts asap!

Stephen Hinder

Stephen HinderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rude staff member

Johnny L

Johnny LSydney, NSW

77 days since submission and home loan refinance is still pending.

Brenton T.

Brenton T.

• ANZ

Visa charge back - lack of support

Been a ANZ customer for 30 years - watch them close my 2 local branches and now I need ANZs help with credit card charge back for tripadeal holiday ( no service provided) - I get standard lines. They didn't even investigate my issue. Others with Westpac Mastercard have the issue resolved. ANZ just don't seem to want to help

Kellyville

KellyvilleSydney, NSW

ANZ - Terrible service

The worst home loan processing times for a major bank, ever! They keep using Covid 19 as an excuse but other banks have got their act together. Doing nothing to resolve this issue.

Joey M.

Joey M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid if you don't want to wait at least 3 months for a Loan Application

I submitted a Home Loan Refinance Application on 27-Apr-2020. I was advised by the bank that there was a 14 day lead time when I first submitted the application. As of 15-Jun I was advised that the application had not yet been looked at and the earliest (if no delays) would be 27-Jul-2020. I have since withdrawn my application and taken by business to the Bank of Melbourne who were able to provide a better rate and an approval in 2 days!

ANZ shambles

ANZ shamblesCanberra 2600, ACT

4 weeks and still no reply for a 30k Business loan

TopicBusiness Banking

bellamama

bellamamaVictoria, Australia

Worst Bank ever

I have used so many bank in the pass for home loan, ANZ is the worst that I've dealing with. We have got everything ready for the settlement and keep waiting for ANZ letter and Email (which been approved and just await the email to sign by us). End up we didn't receive anything from ANZ until a week after settlement date.

Natalie

NatalieSydney, NSW

ANZ is culturally irresponsible, unresponsive with incompetent, careless and rude staff on their roster

I would bother explaining my complaint but your 1.4 star review rating does it for me! Let’s just chalk it down to your service being culturally unresponsive, incompetent and careless even when escalated to your customer complaints department!

I can’t even support my father over the phone without his account being blocked and him having to go into a branch. FYI Confidentiality is only breached when the party does not consent to their information being shared. Pathetic excuse for a bank.

My dad will be switching! Thank goodness I don’t bank with ANZ!

Aleks P

Aleks P

Avoid and go elsewhere

This bank has to be one of the worst I’ve had dealings with ever. They are all happy and glad to work with you when they know you are going to ‘spend’ money with them. But once you need them to do something for you (ie dispute a transaction) they hide behind paperwork and ‘limitation’. Empathy is nonexistent, not to mention it took 2 months to actually speak to someone as no one calls you and they expect you to chase them.

Zero Care Factor

Joseph T.

Joseph T.Harrison 2914, ACT

Terribly slow. Do not follow information provided. Terrible response rate

Applied for a credit card with them as a first-time customer. Their requests for documents was so slow and so hard to deal with as they call at odd and unexpected times, even when I've provided times for them to call, as they requested. Processing time is so long. No proper communication of updates that I have to be contacting them over and over to find out where it's at.

A month later, I had to email to find out if I've been approved (I have been) but I still don't know when the card will arrive. Was redirected by email to call the ANZ hotline but was told by the operator that I should be emailing them instead.

ANZ is all over the place. I don't see how they can be among the league of the Big 4 banks when Commbank does SO much better!!

James H

James H

ANZ Bank

Would not recommend ANZ anyone
As the Centre staff are rude and Will not be recommend call ANZ to
Anyone as they most rude people not Happy with customer service Not happy at all only the call centre

Josie

JosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Will Gesture

Pan M.

Pan M.South East Queensland, QLD

ANZ did a credit check but never followed up with me regarding my application. Then lied about trying.

Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Home loan

Luke S.

Luke S.Perth, WA

Pretty Damn Good

I've been with this bank for over 3 years since I was 16. I've never had an issue with my banking experience, the call-in support has been average but having branches to go into for basic queries and a disputes team that acted quickly to get me back wrongfully taken money was pretty good and quick. Quite happy.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions

the worst of the big 4

ANZ locked my account due to a suspicious login, fair enough. They told me to call them to unlock the account, no worries. When I attempted to call the number, I was dragged through a lengthy menu to be told that their phone service is currently not active and I have no other way of unlocking my account. I am current unable to access my funds. I do not recommend that you use ANZ.

BruserSnrasked

ANZ

What is the point of these rerviews? Does the ANZ really read them? If so, do they care? Answer - No, obviously.

minni

No the bank does not read these reviews.the reviews are for the benefit of the public as this is a public review forum & has nothing to do with the ANZ bank.

micheal

No they dont read them Why would they read reviews on a public review forum

BruserSnr

Yes Bert. I already know the answer.
I have used the official bank channels 'ad nauseum'. I've got absolutely nowhere.
This post is a rhetorical question. It is to vent my frustration and if this appears to be whinging, so be it.
In itself, my post is an indication of just how ANZ cares for its customers.

maddiesmum

maddiesmumasked

Branches

1/ Just wondering why your staff are so rude incompetent and unprofessional?
2/ Why does your bank use an offshore centre ( India ) to process loan / credit applications?
3/ What type of customers are you wanting to attract if you shun small business loan applicants, pensioners, people wanting to open new accounts, customers wanting to extend mortgages and purchase investment properties?
4/ When are you going to close your branch in Noosa?, because this community doesnt like your attitude or want you there.

minni

ask the bank. how do you expect the public to know. this is a public review forum for the benefit of the public reviewing products & services its NOT the ANZ bank

micheal

I dont why know you be asking that question here for have you thought about actually contacting the bank

ben dover
ben dover

ask the bank

Tony

Tonyasked

ANZ

What time does anz bank deposit the Centrelink payment into the recipient’s account?

ask the bank