ANZ
1.4 from 1,081 reviews

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Taluana Barreto

Taluana BarretoPerth, WA

They hold your money... be aware!

for 2 days my balance didnt match my credits. This bank held my available balance for 2 days. I had to borrow money in order to pay my bills... nothing has been done to compensate... it didnt happen only to me, many other customers had the same problem... run away from them... cheeky bank!

Aaron.

Aaron.Central Queensland, QLD

They can't even add deposits in a timely manner.

I have to check my account constantly to make sure my deposits are added to my account properly. This bank is a joke. All to quick to charge debt interest. The CEOs are money hungry and corrupt. The government lets them off the hook every single time. When was one of these people jailed for wrong doing at the grand scale they do, never. I bet if the average Joe did what the CEOs do they would throw away the key.

John Chambers

John ChambersIllawarra, NSW

Awfull service

What discusting service in Kiama branch. ANZ has closed Gerringong branch now we have to drive into Kiama. But instead of fixing the waiting time of 20_30 minutes to be served they still only have one teller. I have an at times needed to go to NAB and Westpac they have 2_3 tellers to serve you. We are currently having discussions to get the Bendigo bank in Gerringong. This will happen very soon.

Javan

JavanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I'd give ANZ a 0 if I could. They have ridiculous processes and terrible customer service

Melissa L.

Melissa L.

Random overdraft

When i rang and asked to inquire why my account randomly lets me over draw then when I really need it, doesn't...now I never applied for it in the first place and when I asked about it the response was more or less "we don't know, it turns on and off randomly" I mean seriously? I rang because I needed to over draw desperately as I'd finished work and needed to top up my go card before my bus came...anz had Me on hold so long I got stranded there and had to have my partner transfer me money to get home...I really need it again because I have no money left until Wednesday and now I'm told I have to wait a few days...I NEED IT NOW! If it was easy enough to do it by accident in the first place why do i have to wait?

Mr C

Mr C

DO NOT BANK WITH ANZ

Applied for a home loan, was initially approved then was delayed due to council approval for subdivision for vendor, went to re apply and was rejected, reason was "placing customer in financial hardship" my income had grown since first approval date having a second job and had less living expenses also, lost 20k deposit as i couldn't make other arrangments in time.

WORST BANK EVER, do not let this negligent bank ruin your investment goals

Jayide Ali

Jayide AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Home Loan Department

poor customer service.

Nerang branch always understaffed. 1 person behind counter. Never less than 7 people waiting. I was told there were 3 people of sick today. Absolute rubbish. ItsHuge queues. Totally unacceptable customer service. Simple answer. Employ more staff and give your customers what they deserve. QUALITY SERVICE. the same every time I go in there.

ANZ is a new low bar for a bank.

Just moved over after they had a Qantas points promotion. Since then, any interaction is either scripted off shore or with someone who reads from a script.
It seems to me they don't have any ability to add a human factor and interact with their customers. I can't see how they expect to survive.

TopicCredit Card Application
Fin

FinSydney, NSW

Unhelpful customer service over the phone.

Very unhelpful, rude and pushy customer service. Unwilling to look into my query and not open to explaining procedure. No feedback option given after the call was taken just the assurance that my comments will be passed on.

Manda

Manda

ANZ are theives!

ANZ stole money from my account, everyone you talk to is rude and tells you different stories, they have no interest in helping. Dont trust them. Commonwealth bank here I come!

Zuhair M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst and Slowest Customer Service

Firstly we have to Wait for long and to Listen Automatic Lady Audio which is pathetic. Secondly there is such a stupid and terrible security system that they build there own Security Question and Passcode and then ask us to state it correct.
Few wrong answers to those made up ANZ system Questions will block your Own account and to open it you have to go to Branch and rectify.
If we are serious then they do nothing but repeating same. IN SHORT, ANZ never ever Listens to you and ive got the same Reviews from Many. I can even tell the Customer Representative names from many Branches in Melbourne.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Unhappy

UnhappyCentral West, NSW

Customer service

I waited over 45 minuites to speak to a customer service representative this morning and got a sarcsstic unhelpful woman, who told me I am being charged an exhobetrnt fee each month for not paying the ful amount on my credit card, what a bunch of theives

timnoye1981

timnoye1981

Dont be fooled

Anz talk a big game when they are handing you out loans. Things went very quiet for me after that. Communication always took far too long. Despite the fact my loan was relatively small, no one from ANZ showed any interest in me as soon as the loan was approved. The account managers were far too junior. Ive been with Westpac now and the service is far superior with business consultants that stick with you. Communication time far quicker and service in general just nicer. Id say choose carefully before thinking about going with ANZ.

TopicBusiness Banking

Feedback form on their website doesn't even work

Cassandra

Cassandra

Extremely frustratingly slow process, difficult to work with. Felt like I was bashing my head against a brick wall.

Tried to go with ANZ on a guarantor loan. Waited two months for pre approval.
Then I put an offer on a house and after three weeks of no response, 1 finance extension, and constantly being told theres no news- go away, I finally had to ditch them and go with another bank that wouldnt cause me to lose the house Id purchased.
ING fully approved me in FOUR DAYS. I would never go through the stress of ANZ again.

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ive never had an issue with anz I love it

I have been with anz for 3 years I have a home loan with them I havent ever had an issue with them great service and customer service is fantastic

Wayne

WaynePerth, WA

Home Loan Interest Rate - Lower rate not on with ANZ

Jade

JadeSouthwest, VIC

Worse bank ever!!

Sold my investment property, the settlement process has been an absolute nightmare. Settlement date was almost a month ago, still waiting. They have undervalued my house by 100k to cause a shortfall, another tack tic to get more money out of you. Cant do basic maths when reducing credit limit, then want you to pay extra to accommodate their stuff up. I put in a complaint was given an apology and was told my settlement was a priority, that was 2 weeks ago. Next complaint will be to the ombudsman and then refinancing with another bank. To make matters worse I sold my property as I have been undergoing chemotherapy and couldnt work but this has added more financial strain, they dont care about your circumstances and are a bunch of bullies.

Ingrid

IngridGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ANZ is awful as always

I got the main account with different bank and second one with ANZ. And I can say that ANZ is most annoying and disrespectful bank ever. They will call you, send you letters and chase you because of $2.

BruserSnrasked

What is the point of these rerviews? Does the ANZ really read them? If so, do they care? Answer - No, obviously.

hammerhead

No the bank does not read these reviews.the reviews are for the benefit of the public as this is a public review forum & has nothing to do with the ANZ bank.

tony

No they dont read them Why would they read reviews on a public review forum

BruserSnr

Yes Bert. I already know the answer.
I have used the official bank channels 'ad nauseum'. I've got absolutely nowhere.
This post is a rhetorical question. It is to vent my frustration and if this appears to be whinging, so be it.
In itself, my post is an indication of just how ANZ cares for its customers.

maddiesmum

maddiesmumasked

1/ Just wondering why your staff are so rude incompetent and unprofessional?
2/ Why does your bank use an offshore centre ( India ) to process loan / credit applications?
3/ What type of customers are you wanting to attract if you shun small business loan applicants, pensioners, people wanting to open new accounts, customers wanting to extend mortgages and purchase investment properties?
4/ When are you going to close your branch in Noosa?, because this community doesnt like your attitude or want you there.

hammerhead

ask the bank. how do you expect the public to know. this is a public review forum for the benefit of the public reviewing products & services its NOT the ANZ bank

tony

I dont why know you be asking that question here for have you thought about actually contacting the bank

ben dover
ben dover

ask the bank

Tony

Tonyasked

What time does anz bank deposit the Centrelink payment into the recipient’s account?

ask the bank

Get an answer from our members and ANZ representatives