ANZ

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ANZ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Nisarg B.
Nisarg B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst possible customer support and worst mobile application

I have been banking with ANZ for last 5 years. I save my money in this account and spend from another bank account. Since last night the application had issues and couldn't get money out of ANZ account. There were few pending transactions and I called customer support to resolve it. And instead of resolving the issue and giving me my pending money back in my account the ANZ customer support representatives, using his authority inappropriately, blocked my mobile application so I can't access my money online now. I am going to close my account today only so ANZ won't be able to restrict me accessing my own money.

Aiden H.
Aiden H.Sydney, NSW

Solid offering

Des
Des

No response, long call wait times, rude service

Countrymum
CountrymumKilmore

They changed the spelling of my name then made my accounts inaccessible

Customer service

I’ve been with ANZ bank for many years.
Reliability and good customer service: today yes, but not always the case with my local branch in another area.
Maggie ( Northland) gave me exceptional professional service today. I had approached another member of this branch previously and also attempted to resolve credit account problem on-line but to no avail. Maggie listened and was proactive in following through my issue with the credit card dept. I’m now aware of what circumstances and possibly a systems error may have caused it.
Thank you Maggie!

TopicGeneral Transactions
Marie
MariePerth, WA

Lack of customer service

After trying for 20 mins to use the 2 atms available, i was not able to deposit money for payment of credit card. I went up to the bank counter a week later, got my cheque thrown back at me saying they dont process cheques at the counter any more, they processed my cash, when i asked about the cheque they said they needed a deposit slip, could this have not been mentioned? The 1 and only teller at Malaga is under so much stress. Plenty of other banks still offer customer service.

Extremely poor service

I went to the Mosman back at 12:30 went outside for five minutes to get information back door was closed when I come back then Dee Why and now it’s going on 3 pm there’s no staff there’s no answers why and it’s extremely poor I’m moving my account

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Nicky Small
Nicky SmallNorth Queensland, QLD

Frustration and poor service at its worst

2 and a half hours trying to get through to report someone using my credit card, finally being passed from one department to another , and then told to phone back another day.

Jack H.
Jack H.Sydney, NSW

Abysmal service

Was waiting on the phone for an hour to get a block lifted on my card - no answer, continual assurances that "an operator will be with you shortly". What a joke - how about using some of the massive profits to employ more customer service staff??

Kate
Kate

Terrible wait times

Long term customer. Tried for a week to sort out an automated payment error (theirs!!). Called 3 times and had to hang up after 40 minutes each time due to having other things going on in my life. Finally edited the payments and contacted someone via the app to check it was done correctly who was unable to understand or help. Very Frustrating.

Karina
Karina

Property Sale Settlement

I have been with the ANZ for nearly two decades, never missed a loan repayment, never had a late repayment. I am selling a property, the ANZ wants to take my money to pay loans that are paid in advance. I am not in arrears and quite clearly have an A+ record in payment but they still want to take my settlement money. It is quite clearly my money. They are already getting their entire loan payment and want to take the remainder. There is absolutely no reason for the ANZ to be taking my money.

Sue
Sue

Ridiculous waiting times

ANZ have the worst wait times.... Have called the allocated ANZ Fraud number and have been on hold for over an hour. Unacceptable and just not good enough!
The ANZ message is a constant insincere message: 'We apologise for the continuing delay'.

Andrea
AndreaPerth, WA

Worst customer service in Australia

Waiting times both in branches and online are an absolute joke. Teller machines disappearing and anything to do with mortgage settlements is an absolute nightmare.
Due to multiple properties i mam currently tied to the ANZ bank but given the first opportunity i will be leaving.

Lexie
LexieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Marion Branch

Hard to Find, BUT I Want Everyone to Find it, Near Woolworths, on Right Side In Westfield In the Food Court. Very Friendly Staff, Very Clean Building. Hope this Helps People Find Them.

Barbara Durham
Barbara DurhamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I have closed my bank account with the ANZ: Terrible customer service and appalling interest rates for term deposits

I have been a customer of ANZ Bank for many years.
Customer service is appalling at ANZ Bank Watergardens, Victoria, with queues of 20+ people wIting, with just one teller...Yet there are some 7 staff members working at their desks. This disorganised fiasco is in no doubt a result of an ANZ executive, who has had little experience or knowledge with what happens on the front line.
The unbelievably low .3% interest rate offered by ANZ for 12 months for my substantial Superannuation term deposit caused me to feel humiliated. This is well below inflation...a disgrace for such a large bank.
The helpful staff member who closed my account said that she hoped I would return to ANZ bank....My answer is NO!