ANZ
1.4 from 1,036 reviews

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The bank home loan is a waste of time!

You will spend hours and hours filling out application forms and dealing with incompetent employees who do not understand the bank policies in the first place! The decision maker is the manager of the manager of the team leader of the employee that you are dealing with. This makes the process chance of success almost impossible! Just go with a different bank and life will be much easier.

Review TypeLoan Application

ANZ - Outdated Banking, Bad Legacy Processes

Australia really needs to have new banks come in to revive a stale and outdated Banking system.
Been switching Banks lately to try and find the best of the worst if you like.
I’ve now landed on ANZ and thought the whole process of opening accounts was going to be
Easy and efficient until they too failed.

ANZ will let you open accounts online and why shouldn’t they. Given that they are pushing
People away from branches, closing branches and making the service at branches so abysmal
to a point you really don’t want to go to a branch and you want to do your own stuff online.

In their email response after submitting your details they say that they will get back to you within 24 hours. Not true they Lie. For Business Banking they will contact you in 24 hours, mmm also not true they lie, been 5 days so far. When the bank wants something from you they will gouge your eyes out if you don't action their requests asap but things are a little bit different when you want something from a modern bank like ANZ.

So, they let you open them and I’ve already got existing accounts that they have already ID me so,
It should be just a case of opening and linking to your existing Internet Banking right? Nope wrong.

They now want me to go to a branch to sign a form, Why? Everything else can get done online except
One stupid form. So why not just make your customers go to the branch in the first place to do the whole thing. Why not inconvenience them straight off instead of the last minute.

See how these Banks fail so miserably at customer service, when a new Bank comes in and offers a tiny bit of real customer service Banks like ANZ might finally see their profits and customer numbers fail dramatically. Make Hay while the sun shines ANZ.

So, you open the account and they send you an account number via email but you can’t do anything with it. You try and Link it to your existing Internet Banking but you get a secure message back saying go to the branch.

It’s like they just can’t get rid of their bad legacy systems no matter what and we’re going to pretend to give you a modern banking experience but we’re really hobbling along with mediocre to bad customer service and processes that eventually make it difficult for you as a customer.

The problem is these Banks have had the opportunity of years to get their customer service and systems right and they just can’t do it.

Maybe with new NEO Banks coming in we will start to see silly things like going to a branch and robotic response from unknown people hiding behind the Banks wall of anti-customer service defences, disappear.

If you haven’t heard of the new banks look them up. Neo Banks or new Online Banks Australia

Review TypeBusiness Banking and New Account

Disappointing

Long time ANZ customer 35 plus years. Have a cheque account, investment accounts and an ANZ credit card. No debit balances. We went into ANZ branch at Engadine to deposit coins. Friendly service officer was embarrassed to tell us there was no longer a counting machine. Sure I can count it myself but its disappointing and ANZ comes across as arrogant and disrespectful to its customers by withdrawing another service that was convenient. It seems that any service that does not make money is withdrawn. No goodwill given.
Are there any banks or credit unions etc that have counting machines? There is nothing holding us to ANZ. It may seem petty but we pay a lot in fees and I believe it’s not too much to expect good service in return.
Marcia

Overdraft for $500 Declined

Applied for $500 overdraft on account I’ve had with ANZ for 10 years. Applied online on 2/09/19 which stated they will be in contact within 2 days regarding outcome of application. I did not get any call within the time frame so called today 11/09. They advised I was declined the overdraft. I do not have a credit card with ANZ or any other banks. My salary is $60,000 per year and I’m a house owner. I wanted the overdraft to cover direct debits whilst away on holiday in Qld. Unhappy customer. Time to change banks

SMSF products for new SMSF are HOPELESS shop else where

They market SMSF products and then say they can't open the account for it. We then provided correspondence from the ATO with requirements and we still have no account for SMSF and not heard from Head Office. Find a better bank for your SMSF needs.

Review TypeNew Account

Worst Customer Service Ever

Customer for about 25 years
Tonight I had the worst, mist unhelpful and blatantly rude phone banking experience in my entire time with ANZ.
Not sure how much longer I will be a customer now

Review TypeNew Account

ANZ will try to make you pay more fees with their E*Trade accounts

Obviously the Royal Commission meant nothing to the Anz
I have been waiting 61 days for my statement for tax as anz stated they would supply. Now they have put it of another 14 days (with no guarantee) however if you pay another $100 it can be updated daily

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Poor product advice, zero focus on customer satisfaction and resolution.

ANZ just cannot get it right. We've had numerous issues involving oversights from ANZ when making changes to accounts and mortgage matters. It seems they can sign you up to a product they don't really know about or neglect to tell you about, but then have no power to change anything about it, just offer you another unsatisfactory product and put all the blame on you as to why it wasn't right to start with. I couldn't recommend these amateurs any less. I'm tired of trying repeatedly to sort things out with them and getting nowhere. We'll be changing banks as soon as our fixed term runs out, I'm excited for the day when I don't have to deal with them any more.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account

DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH

One week to the day and still unable to access money in my share trading account. Two visits to the local ANZ bank branch, three calls from my mobile phone soon to be four, numerous emails and promises but still no access to my account. Promised on Friday it would be expedited but midday Monday still no access. I am a retired senior citizen and I rely completely on income derived from all sources.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

If your looking for TERRIBLE service go with anz banking

The most crappiest bank services i have ever seen in a long time !!!!!!! I have been waiting for my business bank card to arrive for exactly 5 weeks now(still haven't got it).i took anz to open a business account for me over the phone exactly 2 weeks (lack of stuff carrying about customers) BIG NO NO well done anz

Review TypeBusiness Banking and New Account

Terrible Bank they don't know what they're doing

I am not an ANZ customer I had dealings due to my father being a customer,mum had an account under her name when mum passed away in Janueary trying to get Mum's money into mum and dads joint account has been impossible although dad was with the bank for over 50 years.
They said he required a legal form and their Will was overridden. Costing a few thousand dollars

I wouldn’t recommend anz at all.

I can’t recommend this bank at all, worst experience had by us today, can’t wait to get rid of them.Ultra bad service,they even lied to us over the phone.Even the manager failed to come to the front and sort out the mess caused by them.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Thís bank is a worst bank

I have been with AnZ for 20 years and now planning to switch to Commonwealth just because I can't accept the qualities of their services anymore. My bank been wrong direct debit for 10 times by the same people and I told them to prevent the faulty access from those people but today it still happened. What is a shame??? i called up and it tooks me waiting 2 hours on the phone then they just hung up my call without solving my problems. Not just that, My accounts been hacked 100 times a year. Should I just laugh and let it go rather than wasting my time on the phone with AnZ when they don't even respect customers calls. That's why people always use commonwealth. I am the most loyal customer with anz and I am sure still give up. Please don't use anz if you have money in account. Ah even you don't,
They still can get it

Can’t imagine that ANZ is a qualified bank

Me and my partner have been waiting for the approval status of a small business loan through a Business Banking Manager at NSW. It has been almost 4 months now and yet we received the application result. The business banking manager kept giving empty promises weeks after weeks and months after months. Me and my partner were hoping to build up a better and more financially secured future. We even had planned out a list of business plans, short and long terms, in our business. The current business owners has already planned for their next target of life. We had been told that we were having 90% chance of successful. We had provided and declared all documents and financial background to the bank via a broker. Unfortunately the Business Banking Manager kept asking the same thing each time we needed an update of the application status.
At the end, we still haven’t received an appropriate reply from the Business Banking Manager to confirm the application status after more than 4 months now. We can only pull out the application
and give up our plans now. The Business Banking Manager and the ANZ bank has ruined our plans and our future. It is sad to say that ....

Review TypeBusiness Banking and Loan Application

Even though I said I had just come home from hospital with flu complications he kept asking queations

It takes a certain type of person to badger you about a banking matter even though I said that I was just out of hospital with flu complications - he continued to ask question after question. Finally he said that he would call back in a week but he should have said that the moment I said I was just back from hospital I could barely talk but no consideration was given. My little amount is a drop in ANZs vast ocean of funds. I would not recommend ANZ to anyone. They care about thing -money. The customer is irrelevant.

Long wait

I went to Westfield HELENSVALE ANZ branch and I was second in line but waited over 30mins before getting served. This is what happens when they replace people with machine. Shocking!!!

Terrible Service

Have had an account with this bank for a number of years terrible customer service and odd waiting times for your funds to clear I have on many occasions funds transferred to my account from another ANZ account holder the initial transfer transaction occurred early on a Friday morning I waited for the funds to clear in my account usually 24 hours overnight in like most other big financial institutions but in ANZ I've had to wait unti the following Tuesday morning to access the funds I think this is a really dogey practice and that the bank holds onto the cash for investment purposes, the other thing was the pay ID Service I've tried numerous times to resolve this issue but 7 months later I'm still having issues with it ANZ response was that I should close my account and start fresh with a new account Wat shit service

Credit card

Not stable for their credit card policy as they will decline application for different reasons, When i first go with them for credit card (1)they say you have account with ANZ ( i followed and open) (2)your salary should be in ANZ account (i followed and make it ANZ salary account) (3) you should have etlist 3 salary in account and wait for 3 months then after apply.( I wait for 3months and apply) (4) Your tax return is not finished for last year and current year (i say how i can complete my Tax return before financial year finished but they never listen and decline) (5) after completing tax return i again follow up with them and (this time they say your ABN is not 2 years old how it will be possible if i am in Australia for last 1.5 year )(6) one more policy is that you should have 1 year visa for applying credit card..... I ended up after 9 months and close my all accounts with ANZ... I would not recommend any of international student to open account with ANZ Bank they are worst bank in Australia and you can see Thier bank ratings on Google all are below 2-3 Star.... It's really bad experience ever and they make my credit report bad so even if you go for any other bank they will not issue credit card based on history...

Credit card transaction dispute ANZ

I had a transaction dispute on my ANZ credit card.
I followed their procedure and provided them with information. They kept on coming back to me asking for more information and even claiming I never provided them with the requested information.
I emailed the ANZ feedback line with no response.
I even emailed their CEO Shane Elliot, I was surprised he emailed me back and was backing up the poor policy and procedures at ANZ.
After 25 years of being a client, I've decided to close all 4 of my ANZ accounts.

My advice would be stay clear of ANZ. I doubt the other banks are any better, but it's time for me to find out.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

So OUTDATED!! compared to other bank apps

I have been a customer for Over 5 years now. This bank is outdated and has low standards in banking advice and very slow teller services. Not only does it not have fast cash services, but it recently introduced google payments, allowing everything you purchased to be recorded, annualised, and then form you with sporadic adds. I cant 3ven see real time transactions.... it can take days...... as you see below I pay even though the company's don't receive....