ANZ
1.4 from 1,120 reviews

• Topics
    • General Transactions (85)
    • Loan Application (41)
    • Business Banking (36)
    • Credit Card Application (28)
    • New Account (21)
    • ATM Experience (11)

vibhuti

vibhutiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Begging for my own hard earned money - worst bank ever!

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

szs

szsSydney, NSW

Shocking online application experience

terrible online credit card application process, After completing all the fields and hitting submit, the form crashed. This happened 3 times. Call the number on the screen and you wait 45mins only for the operator to say they will put you through to the correct number and then you wait and wait...

Anne

Anne

Poor service

Poor service wanted to put a stop to breakfree package rang sent forms spoke to various consultants they still made withdrawal overdrawing my account my pay goes into this account so it mean't l couldn't access my money this is another reason why l am closing my account will not recommend anz bank

Linda W.

Linda W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not ANZ's problem apparently

ATM in Watsonia
deducted $500 from my account but no cash!
2 weeks later no sign of a resolution between my bank and ANZ
How many people do they surreptitiously rip off every day keeping our cash for weeks?

TopicATM Experience

Terrible customer experience. Nothing but pain from these dinosaurs.

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Edward

EdwardPerth

Four months of pain - No result, no service.

Applied for a card. Four months later somehow it seems their incompetence is my fault. If you like waiting on hold with you call "important to them" for over an hour any time you need anything...this is your bank. I am sure if they could make it a 1900 number and charge you $500 for the privilege they would. Bank elsewhere.

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Matthew

Matthew

Closing ANZ Debit Card

I have been with ANZ for approx 20 years. Had a VISA debit card which works well. They now tell me they are closing ALL the ANZ visa debit cards and you have to reapply and then open another account and link it to this and charge you a fee. WHAT A JOKE! Something woks well but doesn't make them enough money and they change it! Absolute joke of a BANK!

Disgruntled

DisgruntledSouth East Queensland, QLD

Money Grabbing ANZ Crooks

Have been with this bank a long time. I had a Personal Loan which I acquired online. Things changed and I had enough saved to pay out the loan but as it was an early payout I left $50 there until the end of term. I was charged $73 early payout. I emailed them that the loan was not paid out. Not getting any satisfaction I paid the $123 to close the loan account. I now have to pay $330 being for early administration charges???
Well I have now closed all my accounts with them and decided to write this here. How can they charge interest on no debt. What would you do?

TopicLoan Application
Royalmint

RoyalmintPerth, WA

Shocking promises and lack of contact

I have been with this bank for over 12 yrs
Booked an appointment Fri with bank to discuss my financial situation.
Was promised help and services that are still forthcoming 6 days later
Attempts to contact bank online have resulted in runaround
Customer Service is not one of their strong points
Will change banks ASAP
It is no wonder they get negative feedback, judging by other comments, yet these organisations, carry on as if we are the idiots.They will someday pay for their arrogance

Alex

AlexSydney

Disaster!

I tried to apply for a credit Card with ANZ. The phone system and overseas opertor with their poor english and 40 minute waiting time everytime you call them are a disaster. ANZ doesn't value customers' time and their operators dont know what they are doing.

Mary

Mary

Fraud SMS

Received faulty message from ANZ today. Rang 133350, customer service was terrible. All they ask is for credit card number and security code. Earlier they used to ask the name first. ANZ staff was very angry that I checked about the same.

Yukari

YukariSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great technical support!

Since moving my merchant banking to ANZ Bank, I have been so happy. The staff are friendly, ANZ gave me a great deal for moving to ANZ! But today when I had issue with my EFTPOS terminal, the technical support team was excellent, it's such a nice feeling knowing that if anything goes wrong they are there for you! Thank you technical support team, you've made my day!

TopicBusiness Banking

Scott05

Scott05South East Queensland, QLD

Nasty Rude Correspondence

Ali

AliPerth, WA

can't be bothered

closed my credit card and all my accounts were on 1 card. told me they would issue a new card. after waiting the period they told me it would take (5 business days max) hadn't recieved card. called them to be told the person had not issued the card. they offered no solutions ( I suggested options like couriering a card or helping me set up phone pay without a physical card but all they did was say no and put me on hold for 1hr. I will be closing all of my accounts and never banking with them again!

now up to 1hr 50mins waiting on hold

Regarding my credit card application which I meet all requirements. I haven't been with ANZ before and clearly I've made wrong decision in applying. If I didn't need the money this urgently id close the account straight away

BobHatton

BobHattonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Don't care about existing customers

Been with ANZ over 20 years now and was reasonably happy with them until approximately a year ago. They used to have bonus interest on their online saver accounts but stopped it for all existing customers. They happily now give it to new customers but loyal, existing customers get nothing (0.1%). A joke ANZ and we'll bet you've lost thousands of customers on this product now. When we went to see them, their answer was basically 'tough'.
Moved all our accounts now over to Suncorp who are giving us 1.95%.
We won't be back ANZ.

Ranura

RanuraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unreliable bad service

I opened a saving account 7 years ago and until now my salary has gone into this account. I also opened a joint account with my wife a few years ago and that for our expenses. I had no loans or credit cards and anything to affect a small loan application. I applied for a $20,000 personal loan at Footscray branch(I had nearly $10,000 savings at the saving account in the same bank at the time that accumulated over a long time). After one week I withdrew my application as it was taking too long and I got money from somewhere else. I regret that I banked with ANZ for so long.

TopicLoan Application

Bob M.

Bob M.Western District, VIC

Worst Service i have ever had on a replacment Bankcard 7 weeks and only excuses.

I have been wit this bank for 38 years.I have had no trouble up till now wit ther Anz bank card replacment taking over 7 weeks and still have no replacment.I have to carry cash now untill they do there job!!! it is a joke for what they say they will do.

SHar

SHar

Id give it no stars if I could

Leaving this bank as I am sick of useless Customer Service over phone. Just had a good 10 minutes wasted by a lady over the phone. Ridiculous and very disappointing.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Crap bank. Do not deal with them.

ANZ is even worse than Westpac, which is really something. Customer service is appalling. Treat customers with absolute contempt. Locked out of accounts because...well who knows. Hey, it's our money you cretins. Totally incompetent and difficult to deal with. Worst. Bank. Ever.

BruserSnrasked

What is the point of these rerviews? Does the ANZ really read them? If so, do they care? Answer - No, obviously.

The Answer

No the bank does not read these reviews.the reviews are for the benefit of the public as this is a public review forum & has nothing to do with the ANZ bank.

micheal

No they dont read them Why would they read reviews on a public review forum

BruserSnr

Yes Bert. I already know the answer.
I have used the official bank channels 'ad nauseum'. I've got absolutely nowhere.
This post is a rhetorical question. It is to vent my frustration and if this appears to be whinging, so be it.
In itself, my post is an indication of just how ANZ cares for its customers.

maddiesmum

maddiesmumasked

1/ Just wondering why your staff are so rude incompetent and unprofessional?
2/ Why does your bank use an offshore centre ( India ) to process loan / credit applications?
3/ What type of customers are you wanting to attract if you shun small business loan applicants, pensioners, people wanting to open new accounts, customers wanting to extend mortgages and purchase investment properties?
4/ When are you going to close your branch in Noosa?, because this community doesnt like your attitude or want you there.

The Answer

ask the bank. how do you expect the public to know. this is a public review forum for the benefit of the public reviewing products & services its NOT the ANZ bank

micheal

I dont why know you be asking that question here for have you thought about actually contacting the bank

ben dover
ben dover

ask the bank

Tony

Tonyasked

What time does anz bank deposit the Centrelink payment into the recipient’s account?

ask the bank

Get an answer from our members and ANZ representatives

Other Banks