ANZ

Preston Northland branch is Ageist.

StephenP.

StephenP.Sydney, NSW

Talking over customer, think they're above us all

One of the customer service from the dispute branch kept on talking over me, with attitude that they're above us all without even fully tuning in to our problems properly eventually, rather than them being useful, they're becoming obnoxious since they kept on talking over me all the time and when I tried to give her a constructive feedback on her performance she hung up on me. Absolutely unprofessional.

Brad C

Brad CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Potentially the worst bank in Australia

I called today to enquire about my account and went through the ID verification process. I was then transferred to a different department and was asked again to go through the ID process. I explained I had literally just done so only a minute prior. He said I wasn't fully verified, I asked how that was the case since I answered 5 questions and also set up a security code. He simply said "Have a good day, bye" and hung up on me.

Donny

Donny

Awful

Terrible customer service. Always on hold for hours, or the problem isn’t resolved, or both. Don’t set up an account with ANZ. Bad bad bad...

PeterE

PeterEMurray Mallee, SA

Useless............

I have an ANZ share trading account that I use on my Laptop. I thought I would access this on my phone. Big mistake. I need my Customer Reference Number. No one at ANZ could help me, over an hour on the phone, Share trading area to online area, back to Share Trading area. they can't help me.
Go to a branch......
Easy if you don't live in the country like I do...... FFS!

TopicBusiness Banking

Michael Tran

Michael TranSydney, NSW

Credit Card Team is a Joke - Recommended to apply by ANZ Mortgage Broker but got rejected when Loan is with them

Would give them half a star if I could. Walked into a branch to try to talk about a credit card which my mortagage broker asked me to take out in our home loan with ANZ. The person felt like he could care less and stated he wont be here next week. It was at 3:45pm and I think he was ready to go home.

Called online and found out after waiting 3 weeks and a few call backs afterhours to state that I failed credit check and dont meet the requirement for the credit card. Yet, the mortgage broker from ANZ recommended me to get it and should be no issues.

What a joke, hit my credit rating just based on a recommendation by their own people.

Richard

RichardHunter Region, NSW

Terribly disappointing with insurance service

Been with ANZ for a long time. You try and claim an insurance issue for a damaged bathroom and they wont respond. Have tried to send multiple emails and notes with no response.

Christine

ChristineCanberra 2600, ACT

The worst service of all the banks

Ian

IanVictoria

Poor costumer service and very unorganised.

Unprofessional and unorganised.
Booked an appointment 9:00am and hold my other clients so I can come in on the right time. came in and saying they still closed and won’t be open till 9:30am. So better of telling me next time to come in 9:30 instead of 9am. Wasted my time. Waited for an email and never got anything back.
Wont recommend poor service and very unprofessional.

Find out how ANZ compares to other Banks

Absolute worst bank ever!

Only gave it 1 star because It had to be selected.! Not worth half a star.

Been with the this so called bank for 3 long draining years.
Every time trying to get into contact I’ve either been hung up on or been waiting for 2.5 hrs just to get through only to then be hung up on again.
If there’s a bank that you would love to waste your time with as well as get charged extra fees for no apparent reason and maybe even ruin your day every single day with anxiety and depression due to the fact you can not even get into contact with, then believe me people, this is the bank to definitely choose for all your problems to become extra stressful.

Don’t be fooled!

David Farrell

David FarrellHobart, TAS

Worst experience ever

I opened some accounts with anz but after a day or two they closed down my savings accounts and also blocked my everyday account I won't be using this bank

Ryan s

Ryan sPerth, WA

Expensive, inflexible, and a low-tech online experience

Continually charged to hold an account with ANZ bank because I didnt perform enough transactions. Phone wait time was 20 minutes, followed by another 20 for tech support to fix a broken app. Internet banking experience is overly simple with no options to set up alerts, advanced filters on account transactions, and other things that other banks have.

Simon G.

Simon G.Perth, WA

Help Centre Delays and Quality of Service

ANZ close services without calling customers to help arrange a better outcome. In closing the service any card linked to that service must be cancelled also. All of my calls to the service center have been over an hour long for no result or resolution. I have been with ANZ for 15 years and would never have thought the service would ever reach this level of terrible.

Kathy T.

Kathy T.Sydney, NSW

Please Do Not Apply For Anz Black Credit Card

Jake

JakePERTH

Impossible to use

I'm trying to cancel my card. This is my 3rd attempt to call. Every time I put the phone down after 15min of holding. I'm on 14 min at the time of typing this. Also, can't do it online without proof of correspondence.

Graham

GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

CLEAN OUT THE BOARD - they are in a time warp

- Online banking is in the stone age and is very insecure
- Phone systems don't work and waste customers' time. Eg entry of ANZ Security Code
- Why do customers have to point this out? Where is the quality control on a MAJOR BANK?
- What else is wrong - if they can't get the simple stuff right?
- The board and senior management are obviously TOO OLD and are not educated in up-to-date technology.
- TIME FOR A CLEAN OUT!
- NB I have been with this bank since 1998 and keep multiple accounts often with large amounts of money

TopicBusiness Banking
Marie

MarieSouth West, WA

Terrible Service

When you call, it takes an hour to get someone on the phone. They are very rude and don't seem to know what they're talking about. They also do not look after their customers' interests. They only look after themselves. Worst bank to deal with! We've been with them for over 30 years but that doesn't mean anything to them. They're greedy!

Abhishek Shrestha

Abhishek ShresthaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst bank

After being with Commbank for years, when I chose to take a regular home loan with ANZ, I was given to this day what I would call the worst type of bank account named anz one offset account. Every transaction seems to nag you by taking ages to complete with no OSKO. Even anz to anz transfer is taking over a day. There is no notifications whatsoever either. The app is a decade behind CBA's. Clearly a very painful day to day experience. Don't understand what business strategy they have devised wherein customer suffers and wants to get out desperately. This bank is my nightmare and last institute I'd ever like to deal with. What a disgrace!

Nayyer Q.

Nayyer Q.South East Queensland, QLD

A decade behind in terms of Tech

I was with ANZ since 2012.
Always found to resolve small issues extremely difficult, like Balance of the confirmation letter, replacement online statement etc.
In other banks like CBA, these features are standard in the app.
Over here, we need to call for small things, hold for one hour and then they process the request which will be completed after 3 business days.
After 3 days when you receive the email it's password protected and 60% of the time their provided password not working, so again you have to call them to fix it.
I already cancel my BLACK credit card with them, and also cancelling all other accounts with this useless bank.

User U.

User U.

ATM failure. Lost my card issued in a foreign country.

I started money withdrawal in the ATM. The credit card was issued in a foreign country. The ATM switched off and didn't return my card. The bank support said they can't return my card, I need to order a new one in the foreign country.

TopicATM Experience