Tony04w

Tony04wGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Judo and Commonwealth Bank

Thank you Judo Bank for contacting me I think you have been fantastic and put my mind at rest I’m very angry with the Commonwealth Bank for contacting me regarding fraud stating depositing large sum of money into Judo Bank could be a fraud and it was under investigation I now know this is not true it is absolute rubbish and Judo Bank have been fantastic and are a legitimate Bank guaranteed by the Australian government the Commonwealth Bank all they did was put undue worry on me.

competitive

in a period of diminishing returns Judo bank stood out with its term deposit rates plus bank guarantee, alternatively private lenders like Charter Halls is a complementary option for growth. Other than my lack of skills in computer access accounts the opportunity to add to a deposit at term. Albeit the process is reasonably easy. I would note that having missed a cut date (computer skills and account confusion) there was no follow up to provide a next step. Opportunity lost?

TopicGeneral Transactions

Shanthini

ShanthiniAU

best rates for term deposits is JUDO BANK

more than a year and rolled over
the bank has been reliable and was informed when the deposit matured
customer service was good. I had a deposit for twelve months and i have extended it.

Judo bank - possibly best aussie td rates offered since joining 8 months ago

At first I found it difficult to setup my first TD as I was using google chrome as my browser. The lady representative told me back then there was an unresolved "IT glitch" and to use a different browser. Bingo! Easy to set up and follow through thereafter. On rollover 6 months later and with the principal sum intact I was given 0.10% extra interest. Pleasing - a 2nd TD soon followed.

IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Risk Free TD Rates

Having just rolled over our first 6 month TD and having set up a second in the middle of the first term, we now have 2 TD's with Judo Bank that are covered by government guarantee and providing the best short term rates that we could find.
Establishment and rollover was a breeze and they have been really easy to deal with.

Mathew H.Judo Bank

Hi Ian, thank you for your honest feedback. We love to hear that our customers are enjoying their Judo Bank Term Deposits as well as the service provided - our customers' happiness is our priority! Happy Banking!

Suzanne

SuzanneSydney, NSW

Best interest rates

I have been with Judo Bank approximately 18 months and have recently renewed my term deposit. All my dealings on line have been easy. Looking forward to when they offer business term deposits.

Mathew H.Judo Bank

Hi Suzanne, great to have you on board once again. We are glad to hear that you're dealings with us have been smooth and that you're happy with your Judo Bank Term Deposits. Keep an eye out for business TDs to come! :)

LorenC

LorenC

They did their best not to get our money

I hope the shareholders are reading this. I am administrator for my mother. Upon sale of my mother's house (over $400,000) I tried to invest the bulk of these funds in Judo Bank on her behalf. I already have an account with them. After trying to navigate the mobile app I then found out I was unable to set up an account for my mother - either via mobile or online. Fortunately I found another bank who had no problems with this. This bank should keep in mind that administrators' parents need banking services - and a decent interest rate - the same as everyone else.

Chris C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Term Deposit Experience

The interest rates with this bank are very competitive. The process of setting up a term deposit are reasonably straightforward. Unfortunately the submission process doesn’t appear to be compatible with Apple iPads, whereas the submission process works very smoothly on normal PCs.

Chris C.

Making the application process compatible with iPads would be great.

Easy fast online TD

Have been with Judo for about 12 mths. Easy TD to set up online. Chat & email feature great. Queries answered on time and phone service is straightforward. Breath of fresh air not going around in circles! Increasing deposit at first required a bit of navigation, but its super easy once you get the hang of it. Competitive interest rates unlike the major banks.

Bernd Dunnbier

Bernd DunnbierSydney, NSW

Easy to deal with and better rates than Main stream companies

Been with Judo just over 12 months and I have just renewed term deposit, this was a simple and easy procedure, they even reward you for renewing your term deposit.

David R

David RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just another bank with better rates

I have had a term deposit with the bank for just over one year. Application was straight forward and customer service helpful when I called. Not had any issues BUT hey this is not rocket science .

Mathew H.Judo Bank

Thank you for your insight, David. We really value your feedback and are thrilled to see that the application process was smooth and that our customer specialist team was able to assist you when required. All the best

Review collected in partnership with Judo Bank

Easy to set up and good support

Consultants have been very helpful with my telephone queries and easy to understand. I have had term deposits with the bank for around 18 months. Easy to set up and I appreciate very competitive interest rates.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Andrew

AndrewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

All worked well

Mostly worked well, couldn't work out how to increase my deposit at the end of a term without starting a new one. Good rates, easy to do online, good communication.

Cherralyn

CherralynSydney, NSW

Easy to establish a term deposit

Setting up a new term deposit was easy with Judo to take advantage of a good interest rate. I’ve been with Judo for just under twelve months. Responses to inquiries have been quick and met expectations

Mathew H.Judo Bank

Great to hear! Thank you for the beautiful feedback, Cherralyn. We hope to continue the positive experience for you! :)

Mei N.

Mei N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can Improve

Been with JUDO for a couple of years. Very competitive rates. Consultants very helpful and professional.
Would like to be able to renew term deposits when overseas. Hopefully the bank is going to introduce that feature.
Would also like to be able to apply for SMSF term deposits too.

Mathew H.Judo Bank

Hi Mei N, thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate your insight and hope you continue to enjoy your Judo Bank Term Deposits. Keep an eye out for SMSF term deposits to come! :)

Mike

MikeSouth West, WA

Easy to work with great rates

We have been with Judo Bank for 2 Years and they appear to be reliable, all transactions have been on line no personal contact, therefore i can not comment on customer service

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My experience with Judo bank

It has been a very pleasant experience so far .As a new coustomer Iam happy and confidant to continu with this bank. It has provite me with the opportunity of earnig better intrest on my savings than other banks!!!! I an camfortable to recoment this Bank to my family and fiends.

Easy to use

Very reliable rollover of TD product at good rates without renegotiation. Easy transfer features using bpay. No complaints and good online service. Great to have a bank in the market that does what it says it will do.

cannot open new Term deposit

Tried for several time to open new term deposit on joined account. Does not work. Contacted Judo Bank twice , without any reply. Problem still not fixed. Disappointing! It was working in the past!

TopicNew Account

HillBilly

HillBillyPerth, WA

Online banking needs work

Online banking is make or break these days. You either get it right or you don't.

Judo's online banking is frustrating at best. Needs to wait for SMS... then the auto SMS code fill on Mac doesn't work. Or you fail to receive it altogether. Then you try to open a new account... and opens a new window .... click on new new account again, and nees to log in again, like you are not their customer.

Might as well open a new account with someone else.

Rod norasked

who ownes the bank

Ian

I suggest that you do a search on-line, where there appears to be a significant amount of info. I was not bothered about ownership, only about the government guarantee of my investment.

Mathew H.Judo Bank

Hi Rod, thank you for your interest in Judo Bank. We are a challenger bank focused on small to medium business lending, and we also offer a range of Term Deposit products. David Hornery and Joseph Healy are the co-founders and co-CEOs of Judo. You will find additional co-founders that have helped build Judo as well as further information about us and our journey on our Wikipedia site and our website, www.judo.bank. As Ian mentions in his comment, Judo Bank Term Deposits are protected up to $250,000 for each account holder. We also offer some of the most competitive interest rates on the market, which are all listed on our website. I hope this helps, for any further questions you may have, please don’t hesitate to reach out, we’re always happy to assist. Thanks again for your interest, all the best

Rod nor

It has helped a little but why is it in the last month or so the mention of judo has popped up why not sooner if you can offer interest rates higher than the big 4 why don't they do the same???

Hans Kolusniewski

Hans Kolusniewskiasked

My term deposit with Westpac matures on 01/11/20 . How would I go investing it with Judobank ?
Hans Kolusniewski at hkolusniewski@activ8.net.au

Mathew H.Judo Bank

Hi Hans, thank you for your interest in Judo. One of our customer specialists will be in touch with you via email shortly, to assist with any questions you may have! We look forward to having you on board!

Liliasked

I have tried nearly one month to open a term deposit of 250K and I am still nowhere. Although the operator I have on the phone is always very friendly and tell me that the IT people are trying to solve the problem. What can I do to have to have it resolved?
Liliane VC W

Honest Joe
Honest Joe

I would suggest that you try to start a new term deposit as the rates that you would have been quoted a month ago would no longer apply. You are only given 10 working days to deposit funds once an account is considered active. I would seriously try a new account and use Chrome as your web engine and Windows 10. It should be effortless to open and it was for me on both of my term deposits.

Lili

Thank you for your answer. Yes I know unlucky the rates have changed. I use Google Chrome and I have Windows 10 on my computer. I tried several times and was never given a bank account number to deposit the money. I received the answer: account not linked! I have even tried with a new gmail address and it still did not work.
I will try again tomorrow. When everything is entered, should I answer: login in account or done? Thank you very much.

Mathew H.Judo Bank

Hi Lili, thank you for your feedback. Using Chrome as your browser to complete your application generally works best. We apologise for the inconvenience you may have experienced and would like to help you resolve this now to get your Term Deposit opened. Please email your name and contact details to customers@judo.bank, and one of our Judo customer representatives, who will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you have moving forward and will be able to help you complete your application today. Thank you again for your feedback and loyalty with us, we look forward to hearing from you and resolving this for you as quickly as possible.

Get an answer from our members and Judo Bank representatives

Judo Bank services

Business lending services

Judo focuses on lending to SMEs - small and medium-sized businesses. It does this through providing business loans, lines of credit, and equipment loans.

Personal Banking Services

If you take out a business loan with Jodo, you can apply for a home loan as well as a personal term deposit.

Points of praise for Judo Bank

• Competitive rates were cited, with a handful of reviewers saying they were better than those offered by the Big 4 Banks
  • Many satisfied reviewers used Judo Bank for term deposits, and while many were in the earlier stages of their term, many were happy with the process
  • Efficient customer service and informative correspondence on the part of Judo staff were appreciated by customers

Pain points with Judo

• In many instances, Judo’s online banking system, particularly their online forms, were described as frustrating to use, or simply broken
  • Assistance with setting up term deposits - from the term to phone customer service - was lacking, according to multiple reviewers
  • IT issues were often cited by the bank when customers had problems with Judo’s online banking portal. Needless to say, customers - or would-be customers - found this annoying and time wasting.