K.N

K.NGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service-courteous throughout

Have been with Bank Australia for a couple of years now and recently obtained a credit card with them, finally able to ditch the one I had with one of the"big 4". Glad to do all my banking with an ethical bank.

TopicCredit Card Application
Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi K.N, great to hear! Thank you for the lovely review and for choosing to do all of your banking with us :) Thanks, Bank Australia team

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor customer service

I recently had to contact bank Australia about a direct debit I didn't authorize from my bank yht..ht.account. They had no interest in helping me.i wiil be closing my account and going to another bank.very poor customer service

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Peter. Sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience. If you want to private message us your contact details, a senior member of our team can get in touch to help you out. Thanks, Bank Australia team

ChloeR

ChloeRSydney, NSW

Difficult and slow

My partner and I were exploring using this bank and was going through the process of pre approval, this process took a long time and the person we dealt with was confusing and difficult to understand. When we finally had an offer and were ready to proceed despite us advising we had hecs they only just realised after we needed final approval, they then turned around and advised we would have to come up with 20k or they couldn't proceed. Luckily we had also engaged with another broker and successfully got a loan with another bank as if we had just used Bank Australia we would have been in a very stressful and difficult situation. I would not recommend.

Totally satisfied

I recently contacted the bank by phone with a query about my account. The rep. I spoke with was very helpful and introduced me to a new product with a better interest rate on my savings.

In general though, I have been with this bank for 40 years (started with SIROCREDIT) and have always been satisfied with the service.

I applaud the bank for its philosophy and action in support of community and ethical/sustainable investment. This is a key reason for my continued involvement with Bank Australia.

Very happy I made the switch from Big 4

Just made the switch from Australia's biggest bank. The whole experience has been very easy and the staff at Bank Australia have been helpful and genuinely caring. I chose for their ethical credentials, but was also very happy to see their credit card is rated 5 stars by Canstar in 2019.

BrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience ever

Our kind of bank!

We are swapping from ANZ. We wanted a bank that respects ethical considerations in banking. The staff we dealt with (Indu and Manjit) were very helpful, pleasant and efficient. Above all both communicated well, answered all our questions clearly and cheerfully. It was a very welcoming start.

TopicNew Account

The service was prompt, positive and very helpful

I suppose we have been with the predecessors of Bank Australia since my husband first joined the CSIRO in 1962. It has always been reliable, helpful and did not charge the earth to belong to. Customer service has always been very polite, prompt, pleasant and altogether a positive experience.

Ttmaree

TtmareeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Brilliant service

I left my other bank after seeing what Bank Australia stand for. The experience of setting up an account online is easy.
The information I received and follow up phone call was a pleasant surprise.
Highly recommended and a happy customer.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
Marina D.

Marina D.South East Queensland, QLD

BRILLIANT ETHICAL BANK

LOVE THIS BANK. I switched to Bank Aus this year. The process was straightforward and quick. The staff in Brisbane at West End are really helpful and knowledgable. I think it is so important that our money is not backing up polluting industries...or tobacco and military equipment firms. You can leave a bit in your old account and have it open awhile just to catch any direct debits you may have missed...or paypal. The phone app is great...same with the Australian customer service on the phone.

Margot Ryan

Margot RyanCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A pleasure to visit the bank in Castlemaine

I have been with Bank Australia for 5 years. I am not technically very able and have several times had embarrassing slip ups with my bank transactions etc however unfailingly the staff have been patient, pleasant and understanding. My recent dealings have been with Yvette and she has been outstanding in her professionalism and pleasantness.
I am so happy to be with Bank Australia.

trev

trevGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best bank in Australia!

I've been with bank australia for over 3 years now. they are fantastic!

by far the most ethical bank in australia, they truly care about where you money goes and what it supports via investments.

they have taken a great stand on environment issues, on women's equality issues, for those experiencing homelessness, and for trying to end the live export of farmed animals.

they have a great mobile app, I'm very happy with this bank and recommend them to everyone!

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Mrs B

Mrs BCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Super friendly and helpful!

I bank with the Bendigo branch of Bank Australia. I'm always greeted with with a smile when I walk in, no matter who I see. Rachael H and Jade M were super helpful when my Mum passed away and I needed help with her estate. The mortgage I have is so easy to manage that I'm taking out my next one with Bank Australia too! They all seem to love their work, and it shows. Its so much better than dealing with a big faceless bank. Keep up the great work Bendigo!! :-)

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Anna

AnnaVictoria

Excellent Customer Service

My experience with Bank Australia has always been positive and I do not regret for a moment, banking with them. Great communication, ease of use online and also love the ethical stance. Many thanks to those in particular at Melbourne Lending for making the stressful time of shifting house and loans so easy. When banking can be a pleasure...Thank you

Phreddd

PhredddThe Mallee, VIC

Great personal service. A bank that really cares.

A large bank with personal service. Nothing was too much trouble. They were prepared to accommodate my strange requests and work with me to progress to some great products. I have now added four new services with them and looking at more. Thanks for being helpful.

TopicCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Have been with Bank Australia for well over 10 years and always found them easy to deal with, reliable, friendly & helpful. This latest interaction was to help with my elderly mother's accounts using power of attorney - no trouble here, unlike another bank I'm also dealing with in the same capacity where I have to jump through so many hoops & red-tape it's ridiculous!

Jessie

JessieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wonderful support through mortgage process

We have been with bank Australia for around 6 years now and love the real customer care you get when you visit a branch. We recently got a mortgage with bank Australia for an off the plan home, and we found the service to be exceptional. We also love knowing that the interest paid to the bank on our mortgage is going towards sustainable and ethical ventures. Thankyou!

Judd

JuddSydney, NSW

Ethical approach to money + really helpful + great rates

We just joined Bank Australia for home loan, credit cards and insurance. Everyone has been really helpful, particularly Eddie Jara from lending who did a thorough and speedy job with our refinance. The whole experience of moving everything over has been smooth. We love Bank Australia's ethical approach to money and we got a great home loan rate as well.

TopicCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account

DimitriA

DimitriADickson 2602, ACT

Finally, a bank with ethics

Easy to sign up with, been hassle-free so far, provided competitive rates, and I know they stand for ethics in Australia. Perfect bank. If you're thinking of moving from the big three banks like I was, stop putting it off and go with this bank. Highly recommended!

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

Liam Wood-Baker

Liam Wood-BakerHobart, TAS

Clean UI, nice design, can't ask for more

Just joined BA, customer has been excellent. The bank noticed a foreign IP address accessing my account and dealt with that and with me very promptly and helpfully. All good