• Topics
    • New Account (159)
    • General Transactions (103)
    • Loan Application (100)
    • Credit Card Application (38)
    • ATM Experience (16)
    • Business Banking (11)

Stellar customer service

We've recently switched to Bank Australia from one of the 'big four' banks, as part of the protest against investment in fossil fuels, since we were needing a new loan anyway. Bank Australia's customer service has been unbelievably good. I'd forgotten what it feels like to deal with "real people", you know? What could have been really complicated, especially given the disruptive year, they have made simple and easy and even enjoyable. I would have recommended them anyway as a model of bank I approve of: customer-owned, responsible investment. If every bank were like this there would be no financial crisis and no climate crisis! And then on top of that to be so good at their job, it's a dream come true.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Great customer support at Bank Australia

It’s been great switching over to Bank Australia for my home loan and other accounts. Kiera in the Canberra branch was extremely helpful and responsive to all my emailed questions!

Other Banks
Melly

MellyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So fast and simple to set up my new business account!

I have just started my own business and needed a bank account opened up ASAP! Manjeet was incredibly organised and had this done within an hour!! Within 5 minutes of opening my account I was also able to login to the Bank Australia app too. Very satisfied

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account

Find out how Bank Australia compares to other Banks

A wonderful experience switching all our accounts and loans to Bank Australia

Danielle in the Canberra branch has been amazing in supporting us to make the switch to Bank Australia. She was prompt, efficient and responsive in answering all of our many questions, whether in person, over email or on the phone.

We are proud to be with a Bank that is committed to saving the planet and ensuring that our money is invested towards a positive future for generations to come.
hanks,

Anthony

Anna Teneggi

Anna TeneggiDarwin, NT

Good ethical bank, too much paperwork if you live remote and no branch near you.

I became a customer of Bank Australia 2 years ago and it has been a long process especially because in Perth there was no branch, so I had to print out a lot of forms, fill them out and send them to the bank via snail mail. I thought it was crazy in the era of technology to use so much paper. Also I had to photocopy IDs and get them certify.
The interest rates used to be good but they are dropping year after year.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
David C

David CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service

The Bank Australia lending team were responsive and responsible, making sure that my home loan was affordable and approved in a timely manner. And their rates and changes are low.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Canberra Branch

The Canberra branch of bank Australia ensured our refinance was easy, they were timely, thorough and stepped us through the process. It was easy to switch and join an ethical bank!

urbandesigner

urbandesignerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Initial contact made - left message - 10 days before BA returned my call!

the bank you can trust

Brilliant ethical bank. Been with them since Bank MECU days and now have a mortgage with them. We got a discount because we bought an 8 star energy efficient house.

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

steveB

steveBNorth Sydney

Beware deposit customers

My family has had a few deposits with this bank but they have a staggeringly impractical low daily withdrawal limit to external accounts of $2,000 per day. Our term deposits of $20,000 took 10 working days to withdraw at $2,000 per day. This limit is unrealistic & a sign of a so called "Bank" that is more aligned to a very very small credit union with a lack of liquidity. The last deposit is being SLOWLY withdrawn now & there will be no more. Also, the staff have great inability to respond to things as simple as an address update or to get back to you when promised. Very very poor.

TopicGeneral Transactions
LEA

LEASouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Exceptional service

Once again Bank Australia and their staff have provided a high level of customer service. Mariah from lending was fantastic and provided exceptional level of customer service throughout the loan application process.

EssEmDot

EssEmDotCanberra 2600, ACT

Superb customer service from BA

We have recently taken out a mortgage with Bank Australia and re-financed an existing home loan from another bank due to their non-existent stance on money laundering. We chose Bank Australia on the grounds of both alignment with our values, on customer service and their highly competitive interest rates. The customer service has been first class from initially Brad, then Danielle. Danielle has been our tenacious advocate with the other bank to discharge the existing mortgage. The difference in service is so clear that we have transferred all our banking from the other bank to BA.

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Worth checking out

I'm a new member of Bank Australia and staff have been very helpful in setting up my new account. Any questions have been answered over the phone or through the handy app.

TopicNew Account
Seth M.

Seth M.South East Queensland, QLD

Hands down, the BEST bank from down under!

I'm an American with family in Australia. I wanted a bank to be able to easily transfer money here in AU. This is the only community owned bank in Austrailia, which means that they really care about the people. Yes, it's that good! The staff are super friendly and they don't make you feel like you're not important (unlike most other banks). Let's make this the #1 bank in Australia!

TopicNew Account

Friendly efficient service

The staff at the Canberra branch have made our transition to Bank Australia very easy. We have moved our mortgage and everyday accounts and have appreciated the flexible and helpful service.

Anju

AnjuFar North Queensland, QLD

Terrible service

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Anju. Thank you for your feedback. We understand our lending team has reached out and your application is on track. Please shoot us a message if you need anything else. - Bank Australia team

Nathan

NathanGippsland, VIC

Mariah Foy was amazing at looking after me and answering all my silly questions without fail very happy with my service

Been with the bank for 5 years
Very reliable
Very very good, it was the most stress free thing i have ever done, super easy and great customer service was given to me

EVA

EVAPerth

great bank, ethical and quick

I have had home loans with Bank Australia for the last ten years and they are amazing. You speak to a single customer representative who remembers you and your case, and they do everything they can to help. The ethical stuff is the main reason I chose Bank Australia, but the great interest rates and service really help too. Fantastic bank.

Robert

RobertGippsland, VIC

Understanding & Consideration

I've always been quite impressed with the Consideration & Understanding of the Staff , Even when I've done something in the wrong way (ie): When I forget to place enough Money into a particular Account to cover a particular payment etc. , No Harsh Phone Calls , Merely Reminders...!

TopicGeneral Transactions
Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

Issue free loan

The most stress free loan experience ever, the bank was always there to help no questions went unanswered.
Great banking experience- other banks should take some advice from this bank!!

Susan K.

Susan K.asked

Are deposits with Bank Australia backed by the government guarantee?

Jillian
Jillian

Yes, same as any other Australian bank

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Susan, thank you for your question. Yes, deposits with Bank Australia are covered by the Government Guarantee - we’re regulated the same way as all Australian banks.

We’re registered with ASIC and regulated by APRA. We hold an Australian financial service licence (AFSL), an Australian credit licence (ACL) and are an authorised deposit-taking institution (ADI).

Thanks - Bank Australia team.

Maddie

Maddieasked

As a first home buyer what happens if the bank under valued the property I put an offer on. I’m already at 95% loan and have the new government scheme. Will I miss out on the loan?

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Maddie. We send out independent valuers to value the property and it's reasonably rare that a valuation comes in below the purchase price paid by a buyer. If that did happen, it would mean that we were limited to providing finance for up to 95% of the property valuation. Give us a call on 132 888 and you can have a chat to our Lending Team about what you'll need to do in this situation.

Peter

Peterasked

Hi, I'm thinking of changing banks - I'm currently with Westpac. You do not appear to have a branch in Cairns where I live. Are there any significant disadvantages in not having access to a physical bank branch?
Peter Senior, [email removed]

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hello Peter, thanks for reaching out! We’d love to welcome you to responsible banking. You honestly don’t need to visit a branch in order to bank with us. In fact, many of our customers happily bank with us online or over the phone. Please feel free to give us a call on 132 888 if you’d like to chat further. We’re available from 8am - 8pm Mon - Fri, and 9am - 2pm Sat (AEDT). Thanks - Bank Australia team.

SueG
SueG

The only time it has been a problem for me is when I wanted to withdraw cash above the atm limit. This requires going to a branch currently I am retaining my old bank account to cover this eventuality.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives