Bank Australia

No fuss home loan made easy

Have banked with this organisation for 40 years back when it was a Credit Union under many different titles before becoming Bank Australia. Service has always been at the forefront and only gets better

Divestment at its best!

Opened an account at a branch a few months ago, have been banking online and via the app ever since. Was great divesting my money away from the nasties that Westpac was supporting. Had divested my super a year earlier, wish I had known about Bank Australia sooner! The app makes my banking as easy as it ever was and I can conveniently withdraw cash without atm fees if I ever do need. No issues experienced so far, highly recommend.

Review TypeATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Very good mortgage product and service!

Have been banking with NAB for years but went to Bank Australia for a home loan. Service was excellent! Brad from Canberra City Branch was consistently very helpful and expedited the process nicely; he was friendly and professional at all times. The process of getting a mortgage, mostly done online, was easy and stress free. I strongly recommend Bank Australia for a home loan.

Review TypeLoan Application

Ripper bank, great rates, excellent service, ethical too,

I couldn't be happier with Bank Australia, having moved my mortgage from NAB. You get straight through on the phone, often to the same person! If you bank with one of the Big Four, you're an idiot.

Review TypeLoan Application and New Account

They’re the best!

I had the best experience with Bank Australia! I’m a new customer, and they were professional, friendly, and did their absolute best to help me. I would recommend them to everyone.

Review TypeCredit Card Application and New Account

So happy to have made the switch, should have done it earlier !

Bank Australia has been a pleasure to deal with since I signed up a couple weeks ago. Can't wait till all my funds are transferred in my new a/c's in the next week...
All their services are easy to access online, phone staff are very attentive and helpful. I love their log on page, reading where our money goes, and where it doesn't ! Makes me feel like I'm part of a big family that's dedicated to making a difference in the world ! Their core beliefs are my core beliefs !

Excellent experience thus far

Have only just recently switched over from Bank of Melbourne to Bank of Australia and found the whole process quick and easy. Much happier to have a higher interest rate for my savings, that none of the big banks can seem to compete with by far. The sound of an ethical bank that isn't tied up by external shareholders was the most attractive thing to switch to, and even encouraged me to switch to an ethical superannuation fund to complement. Had received a courtesy follow-up call after opening my accounts, and received my new debit card a week later. No issues whatsoever.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account

Hopefully, the future of banking

Bank Australia has been a pleasure to deal with since I signed up 3 months ago. All services are simple and well thought out and staff are very attentive and helpful. Not to mention their core beliefs and company structure, I can't recommend them highly enough.

Review TypeCredit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Banking made easy

I have been with Bank Australia and its predecessors for over 45 years, and I will be with them I no longer need a bank!
I have always found my dealings with Bank Australia to be professional, efficient and competitive. Whether it be personal service or online banking I have never been disappointed.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Could not wish for better service

I have been with Bank Australia (in various forms) for 35 years. This is a great bank to work with - many years ago for loans and more recently for deposits.
Recently, when one of my account details had been hacked, the bank provided great service and ensured that I dis not lose any money. The people that I dealt with were empathetic and followed up a couple of days later to see if everything was okay.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Very good online and customer service experience.

Moved last year from NAB to Bank Australia because I wanted to use a bank that does not cost people, in every sense of the word. Opening various accounts has been very easy and fast, and when contacting customer support (I needed to close some accounts) they have been very helpful, friendly and efficient.
I am all set up with current, savings and term accounts and I can access them seamlessly online.
So far so good, but mostly I feel better about my banking and its effects on people and the environment. You get regular updates on how they work towards a more socially responsible banking.

Top Class Service

Went into the Bendigo branch chasing some information in the era 2000 not very hopeful but.
Jade took on the task and as it was closing time she said i would be contacted the next day
At her word Jade contacted me and supplied all the information i needed. She is a very nice person to deal with and obviously very talented and dedicated. I thank her very much and think that Bendigo has an excellent employee, i also am thankful to the staff that helped her.
its employees like Jade that make this branch stand out.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Rachael from Bendigo Branch has been amazing!

Rachael from the Bendigo branch been really helpful through the process of getting our first home loan. Many other banks wouldn't work with us due to the complexity of our rural, kit-home build, but Bank Australia helped us find a solution! Thanks especially to Rachael, but also to the rest of the team!

Review TypeLoan Application and New Account

Not all bridging loans are the same.

In need of bridging finance I compared Bank Australia and two of the big four banks. In total, the amount of my two loans (existing home loan and bridging loan) represented 48% of the value of the two properties. Both big four banks insisted they needed to take over the existing home loan and admitted that most people who need a bridging loan have limited options so they know they can charge pretty much what they like. Bank Australia not only saved me more than $10,000 but their customer service was far superior and I felt that my needs actually mattered to them. They were the only bank that offered a flexible loan with no repayments before settlement, and the interest on the loan was more than 1% lower than the big banks.

Kind teller

I needed some statements printed as my business account statements were not being delivered. Very helpful in finding out why and correcting, and offering to write off cost of reprinting statements as a one-off, special occasion.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

My cash appears to be worthless!

We recently decided to move across from National Australia Bank to Bank Australia as it appeared to have a much stronger ethical base and was a member based organisation. As part of this process we wanted to close our NAB Visa Cards and establish Bank Australia Visa Cards. We have had a limit of $30k on the NAB Visa cards for around the past 10 years and have never had any kind of credit default problem.

I was then amazed to be advised that despite holding no debt whatsoever, having around $1m in cash assets and a retirement income of around $65k per annum the most we could achieve was an $8k limit on the BA Visa Card. When I asked why this was the case I was told that our cash assets are not taken into account when assessing the risk and ability to repay - I find that crazy! The customer service staff member offered to then take this up with their supervisor to see if, based on our financial profile, this could be increased. After 1 minute on hold the answer came back as - NO! I therefore cancelled our BA credit card application and am now considering other options.

Review TypeCredit Card Application
Hi Trevor, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and would like to follow this up with you. We will send you a private message to get your details. Thanks, Bank Australia.

Got the House

Danielle from the Civic branch was super helpful in assisting us with securing the loan and funds to purchase our new house. She answered our questions promptly and kept us in the loop all the way. Very Happy indeed.

Easy and ethical

I only recently joined Bank Australia and it was incredibly easy. I went to the website, put in my details, and opened an account. Very straightforward, didn't need to go to a branch, and I got a quick call from Bank Australia the next day to check if there was anything staff could help with. Happy to have joined a simple and ethical institution.

Review TypeNew Account

Lack of transparency

Found Adelaide branch manager to be quite unhelpful in explaining decision, verging on dismissive and disinterested. I was keen on the idea of responsible banking. Other staff seemed friendly enough. Will go back to my own bank of 20 years who were willing to lend to me, albeit with no carbon offsetting.

Review TypeLoan Application
Hi victragic, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and would like to follow this up with you so we can improve our service. We will send you a private message to get your details. Thanks, Bank Australia.

I’m an ethical banker!

I am so excited to have joined Bank Australia. I researched all the options, wanting to find a bank that cares about our world, my world. I found some, but only one had great customer reviews... Bank Australia. I applied online one evening and it was done, the card was on its way to me. I didn’t realise how good it would feel to make an ethical choice in my banking. Join me.

Review TypeNew Account