RodB
RodB

Should have made the switch a long time ago!

After more than 25 years of bad customer service with one of the big 4 banks I decided I had to do something about it. After doing some online research and a recommendation from a friend I opened up a transaction account with Bank Australia. It was quick and easy. Early days yet but I know I am saving money and I feel good about being with Bank Australia

Abbie
AbbieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So glad I made the switch

I recently set up a business account with Bank Australia & the team at the CBD branch were super helpful & made it an easy & straight-forward process. I’m very glad I made the switch!

Awesome Customer Service

From the moment we made first contact with Bank Australia regarding a home loan application, we have had friendly, prompt, and professional service and support. Way ahead of all the other banks, congratulations!

Jasmine
JasmineSydney, NSW

Very user friendly

I recently joined Bank Australia to avoid my money being invested in fossil fuelds. The website and app are user friendly, wait times and customer service over the phone are good, and setting up an account is very easy. 5/5.

Joy Wood
Joy WoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Prompt, helpful and courteous

I represented myself while refinancing my home loan from another bank. The go between person, Kiera, was so helpful, very prompt and always courteous. Would definitely recommend. Not only is Bank Australia concerned about the environment but also you seem to be a person rather than a number waiting in line for over an hour.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
DJC
DJCHunter Region, NSW

Banking the way it should be!

Dropped into the Sydney branch of Bank Australia today and opened two accounts and I am now in the process of dumping Westpac for good. Banking as it should be!

Geoff B.
Geoff B.Hughes 2605, ACT

Great old fashioned personal service.

Branch staff went above and beyond. Wonderful to get such personalised service. Great follow up and in branch service. Reminded me of how it should be. Well done Bank Australia!

rob
robHughes 2605, ACT

Easy home loan application with wonderful support

I've been with Bank Australia for just over 12 months, can't really fault them. Just applied for a top up on my home loan for renovations, easy process and really personalised service from my Lending Consultant and both loans are at very competitive interest rates with full offset account, even against fixed rate loan

Charles B
Charles BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing help from staff member Jamie at Bank Australia

My partner and I just set up an account with Bank Australia for our business and we were assisted on two occasions by a staff member named Jamie at the Fitzroy branch. Jamie was so kind and helpful and made our experience easy and very enjoyable. Thank you Jamie!

Gavlahh
GavlahhSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Bank you can Bank on!

I’ve just switched from ANZ to these guys as I felt I couldn’t trust ANZ to be responsible with my money anymore.
So far Bank Australia have been an easy and quick switch. They came recommended by a friend of mine and I too would highly recommend them. Everything seems transparent, simple and reliable. Happy Banker right here

first class service

We have just settled on our first home and we were drawn to Bank Australia mainly for its stand on social issues. However, it is now hard for me to imagine banking anywhere else, mainly due to the service we received from Keira. I am the first to admit that I knew nothing at all of the process of buying a home and had, with only a little exaggeration, a million questions. Keira happily answered every single one with good humour and expertise. She made the extremely daunting task of buying our home actually quite enjoyable and stress free. I can not thank her or recommend her enough

Great experience

I've been saving with BA for some time with the intention of applying for a home loan. I wanted a bank that I could speak to a real person, and the same person, through the mortgage application process, without hassle. It has been a smooth and easy process. I am very relieved I made the decision to work with BA for our mortgage after some very unpleasant experiences with other banks in the past. I also really value the ethical aspect of the bank. The representative that I worked with, Rachael Haley, has been utterly fantastic - super patient and an all around pleasure to deal with.

Very helpful and supportive

I have been with this bank for over 40 years and there have been many changes but their dedication to their customers and their service to them has always remained of a high standard!

Bank A.Bank Australia

Exceptional service and always informative and happy to help.

Since my parents joined me up as a child.
Very reliable a specially in these times of covid 19
Excellent and always helpful with what's new and would help me make my banking easier.

Michael
MichaelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Finally a bank with service - and you don't have to pay extra!

Anonymous762asked

Dear Madam/Sir, Bank Australia Staff,
Please tell me, does your bank have high-level encryption on your internet banking, to help protect your clients and your bank against cybercrime?
Regards, Anonymous762

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi there Anonymous. We do indeed. If you'd like to chat about this, give us a call on 132 888 and we can talk you through it. - Sarah

Thank you Sarah.

Ally
Allyasked
Bank Australia

We are looking at moving from one of the big banks as we are really dissapointed with their services and support over the last few years. We are based in Sydney but about an hour away from the cbd branch so just a little worried about the support we will get with BankAust? We have 2 daughters under 5 and we want to have a seperate savings account for them both but i cannot find information about this on your website, is this something we are able to do with BankAust? If we are to make the move from our current bank we would want to move all our accounts including a personal loan and set up a credit card, what would be the best way to go about this given we dont have a branch close by? I have read amazing reviews of your bank online so would love to join BankAust but just need to clarify these few things to ensure it is the right move for us.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Ally! Thanks for your question. We would love to have you and your family as customers. We can assure you that most things can be done online, through Internet Banking or our app. You can also call our Contact Centre on 132 888 for any other assistance, too.

For your daughters, you could have separate accounts for them set up under your account in trust for each child. To do this, you can return the forms for the account via secure mail. You can also apply for the personal loan and credit card via our website or over the phone. If you would like to chat about it all first, give us a call on 132 888. Our friendly team would love to help! - Bank Australia team

Hazel D
Hazel D

Hello Ally.

We highly recommend Bank Australia to you. We have been members for many years now, and have been extremely happy with the service we have always received.

You can be assured of excellent customer service from their friendly and helpful team at all times.

We have moved several times, from the Yarra Ranges, to the Northern suburbs and are soon to move to the Hepburn Springs region. Distance has presented no barrier to us, even though we do not have a branch close by.

If you do decide to become a member of Bank Australia you will be very happy with the choice you have made.

Kindest regards, Hazel

Plo
Ploasked
Bank Australia

Hello! We are looking for a bank to move our business accounts to. Currently with Commbank and unhappy with their hidden charges and sneaky changing of terms and services. Would love to hear from other customers who have business accounts specifically with Bank Aust. What are you charged for (any hidden costs?) and is it possible to have additional card holders on a biz account?
Unfortunately, their website doesn't provide much info on the business account option. Thanks!

Roger
Roger

Can't help with business accounts, but would strongly suggest that you walk into a branch and ask them.
I'm sure that, although they may need to refer you to a business section, you will be impressed with the service.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives

Services provided

For individual banking this includes: transaction accounts, savings accounts, credit cards, foreign exchange, and providing access to Apple and Android Pay and other digital wallets.

Bank Australia also offers home loans, personal loans and car loans, home insurance, travel insurance, and motor and pleasure craft insurance.

For businesses Bank Australia provides: transaction accounts, credit cards, savings accounts, term deposits, business loans, business overdrafts, car loans, and bank guarantees.

Online banking is available for both individuals and businesses.

Community initiatives

Bank Australia runs a number of ethical initiatives, and is a certified B Corp. For a bank, its commitment to being instigator of positive change is admirable.

Along with allocating 4% of after-tax profits to Impact Fund, which supports charitable causes nominated by members, Bank Australia also partakes in the following measures to help the planet and those living in it:

• ‘Divestment’ - refusing to invest in the fossil fuel industry
  • Choosing not to lend to live animal exporters or intensive farming industries in support of animal welfare.

It also partakes in active measures for social and environmental change, including:

• All branches and offices running on 100% renewable energy and being certified carbon neutral
  • Running a Conservation Reserve for land and wildlife conservation
  • Lending $120 million to the affordable housing sector.