• Topics
    • New Account (152)
    • General Transactions (97)
    • Loan Application (92)
    • Credit Card Application (34)
    • ATM Experience (15)
    • Business Banking (10)

Worth checking out

I'm a new member of Bank Australia and staff have been very helpful in setting up my new account. Any questions have been answered over the phone or through the handy app.

Seth M.

Seth M.South East Queensland, QLD

Hands down, the BEST bank from down under!

I'm an American with family in Australia. I wanted a bank to be able to easily transfer money here in AU. This is the only community owned bank in Austrailia, which means that they really care about the people. Yes, it's that good! The staff are super friendly and they don't make you feel like you're not important (unlike most other banks). Let's make this the #1 bank in Australia!

Friendly efficient service

The staff at the Canberra branch have made our transition to Bank Australia very easy. We have moved our mortgage and everyday accounts and have appreciated the flexible and helpful service.

TopicCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account
Anju

AnjuFar North Queensland, QLD

Terrible service

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Anju. Thank you for your feedback. We understand our lending team has reached out and your application is on track. Please shoot us a message if you need anything else. - Bank Australia team

Nathan

NathanGippsland, VIC

Mariah Foy was amazing at looking after me and answering all my silly questions without fail very happy with my service

Been with the bank for 5 years
Very reliable
Very very good, it was the most stress free thing i have ever done, super easy and great customer service was given to me

EVA

EVAPerth

great bank, ethical and quick

I have had home loans with Bank Australia for the last ten years and they are amazing. You speak to a single customer representative who remembers you and your case, and they do everything they can to help. The ethical stuff is the main reason I chose Bank Australia, but the great interest rates and service really help too. Fantastic bank.

Robert

RobertGippsland, VIC

Understanding & Consideration

I've always been quite impressed with the Consideration & Understanding of the Staff , Even when I've done something in the wrong way (ie): When I forget to place enough Money into a particular Account to cover a particular payment etc. , No Harsh Phone Calls , Merely Reminders...!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

Issue free loan

The most stress free loan experience ever, the bank was always there to help no questions went unanswered.
Great banking experience- other banks should take some advice from this bank!!

Loan with Bank Australia

We applied for a car loan with Bank Australia as my sister recommended them. Mariah was the lending consultant who assisted us. It was great having one contact throughout the whole process. Mariah was excellent with communication and answered all the questions we had. We would highly recommend getting a loan through Bank Australia and Mariah.

Chris

ChrisSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Danielle loan guru

We’ve just refinanced our mortgage to BA. We weren’t happy with our previous banks attitude to the environment. We did our homework and are so satisfied with the move to BA, we’d recommend everyone make the change. That’s how society betters itself.

TopicLoan Application and New Account

Judith Hill

Judith HillCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Wonderful service

A friend recommended this bank for Term Deposits as the rates were excellent.
As we have only joined the bank we found the service by the Customer Service Officer was excellent, explaining the services the bank provided and going that extra yard to help us.

Maria Campbell

Maria CampbellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Service was great. Veena in Kew was really helpful

We had an initial discussion about about joining BA and she provided all the information we needed. It was efficient and friendly. We have opened accounts for the whole family

Haris

HarisSydney

Excellent and feel good service

I only very recently joined the Bank Australia and it was after seeing their recent marketing material and doing some research that I was convinced that they are indeed trying to change the banking sector by approaching this tainted industry with an ethical, proactive and communal approach.

Further to this, their customer service was astounding. Receiving a welcoming call that at no moment felt like a sales pitch was fantastic.

John Candido

John CandidoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An ethical Australian Bank.

Australia Bank has provided me with great service. They are a bank that values integrity, social responsibility, and community. I would heartily recommend Australia Bank to any person who values our natural environment.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
PeterJF

PeterJFLenah Valley

Part very good but part very tedious

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account
Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Peter. Thank you for this feedback, we've passed it onto our team. We would love to get in touch and get some more info from you and help you in any way we can. Could you please private message us your contact details? Thanks, Bank Australia team.

Dillon BM

Dillon BMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Woo-wee, we're in the future now.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Great service! Super efficient

My partner and I visited Bank Australia Kew for the first time today and we had a wonderful experience. We were looked after by Manjeet, who was friendly and efficient in helping us to open multiple accounts. His knowledge of which accounts were most suitable of us was extremely useful. This was a great start for us as new bank Australia customers!

SueGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Personal Service by Real People Capable of Using Their Discretion

TopicCredit Card Application

Lance

LanceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everything I need

I just got the Bonus Saver account for now. Didn't have any issues opening the account or using it. I like the responsible banking bit.
In the future I want to switch all my banking to Bank Australia.

Matthew M.

Matthew M.Sydney, NSW

Very impressed for far, great people and great ethics

I recently joined Bank Australia and I'm extremely impressed so far.
The service is amazing and the people are very friendly. It feels like a bank run by empathetic humans.
I'm now considering moving my everyday banking and savings accounts across.

Maddie

Maddieasked

As a first home buyer what happens if the bank under valued the property I put an offer on. I’m already at 95% loan and have the new government scheme. Will I miss out on the loan?

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Maddie. We send out independent valuers to value the property and it's reasonably rare that a valuation comes in below the purchase price paid by a buyer. If that did happen, it would mean that we were limited to providing finance for up to 95% of the property valuation. Give us a call on 132 888 and you can have a chat to our Lending Team about what you'll need to do in this situation.

Peter

Peterasked

Hi, I'm thinking of changing banks - I'm currently with Westpac. You do not appear to have a branch in Cairns where I live. Are there any significant disadvantages in not having access to a physical bank branch?
Peter Senior, [email removed]

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hello Peter, thanks for reaching out! We’d love to welcome you to responsible banking. You honestly don’t need to visit a branch in order to bank with us. In fact, many of our customers happily bank with us online or over the phone. Please feel free to give us a call on 132 888 if you’d like to chat further. We’re available from 8am - 8pm Mon - Fri, and 9am - 2pm Sat (AEDT). Thanks - Bank Australia team.

SueG

The only time it has been a problem for me is when I wanted to withdraw cash above the atm limit. This requires going to a branch currently I am retaining my old bank account to cover this eventuality.

Bobby M.

Bobby M.asked

Dear Bank Australia,
Do your bank can give mortgage/loan for foreigners (non-PR) who bought Australia property such as Indonesian ?
Thank you.
Melky

Hi Melky,
Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately our lending policy excludes non-citizens not residing in Australia. Non-citizens residing in Australia must have permanent residency to apply for a loan.
Thanks - Bank Australia team.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives