Bank Australia

Needs to get with the times.

I went to change from CBA to bank Australia and what a drama.
I could not apply online for the account I need (Basic account for health care card holders) as they want me to send by mail my certified documents (so 1980's) how hard is it to add a part to upload a picture of documents like other banks do.
I don't understand why there called bank Australia when no branches in WA.
Don't waste your time with this bank as there technology is so old think what there security is like.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Brett, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and would like to follow this up with you so we can assist and also help us improve our processes. We will send you a private message to get your details. Thanks, Bank Australia.

Banking, but without the constant sea pressure.

Going into open an account, which I recently did for ethical reasons, usually comes with the lengthy conversation surrounding other products the banker is pressuring to sell you.

You won't get that with Bank Australia.
The bankers are friendly and care about your circumstances.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi RokotiB, thanks for your lovely review. It is great you have chosen to bank with us based on our ethical approach to banking. We truly care about our customers and are thrilled to hear you received friendly service. Thank you, Bank Australia.

Personal and ethical bank.

I've been with bank Australia for over 20 years and they rewarded my loyalty by supporting my family during a difficult time. The service is always friendly, respectful and helpful. At a time when there is a lot of negativity about banks I couldn't have had a better experience. I believe bank Australia has values above making profits. I was treated as a valued customer.

Review TypeLoan Application
Hi Kate, thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. Thank you for sticking by us for over 20 years, your loyalty really means alot. We’re glad to have been able to assist you and your family during a difficult time. It’s fantastic to hear that you have always received such great service from us. As a customer owned bank we truly do put people before profit. Thank you for continuing to bank with us – Bank Australia.

GLAD I CHANGED TO A CUSTOMER'S BANK

Opened accounts at the Sydney CBD branch yesterday. The staff are excellent and sincere. Fast, straight forward, pleasant experience. Staff covered all bases to ensure I was comfortable on using branch or online banking. Better rates of interest than big banks. I'm glad I'm no longer contributing to big bank profits.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Mark, thanks for taking the time to write a lovely review. We are thrilled to hear you’ve had such a great experience from our staff at our Sydney CBD branch. We will be sure to pass on the great feedback :) Thank you for choosing to bank with us – Bank Australia.

Can't stop loving this bank - fair, reliable, awesome customer service

I know it's sometimes hard to love your bank but I'm so happy to be with Bank Australia. All their staff is super nice and competent and answer the phone in less than a minute (all based in Australia). Very customer-focused, no hidden fees, not here to squeeze the money out of you. Just an honest, fair, customer-owned and sustainable bank with very competitive rates and interests. Like many people, I love that they take a stand by boycotting fossil fuels, tobacco, weapons and live export. Never had any issue, except that maybe my credit card application was a bit slowly processed but so happy otherwise. I live in Cairns where there's no branch but it is not an issue: you can use all the redi/NAB ATMs free of charge, the Post Office, and their great app. Been with them for 4 years and will never leave.
Thanks for existing :)

Review TypeATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account
Hi MarieC, thanks for your lovely review. We’re delighted to hear you have had such a great experience with us, receiving honest, fair and reliable service. As a customer owned bank we truly do put our customers first. It’s also great that you love our ethical values and our app! Thank you for choosing to bank with us :) Bank Australia.

Generally found to be an arrogant organisation. Poor/basic service - even for a bank.

Been with the bank approx. 6 months
I’ve found it to provide a completely unreliable service
Customer service was arrogant and unhelpful.
Extremely disappointing given the alternative to mainstream banking they claim to be offering

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Hi Callum, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We'd like to follow up with you directly so we can assist. We will send you a private message to get your details. Thanks, Bank Australia.

Carefree banking.

Joined Ed Credit when it was a VSTA thingy in the early 60s and have used many of their services - home loans, car loans, home renovation - as well as a place for my fortnightly cheque to drop into. My daughter and her children have banked the whole of their lives with Ed Credit, mecu and Bank Australia. Says it all, really. Have had very occasional problems, but these have always been very quickly and easily resolved to the satisfaction of all parties. Really appreciated the fee-free banking when it was fairly unusual in banking.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Hi Graham, thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It’s great to hear we have been able to help you and your family with all of your banking needs. We truly appreciate your many years of loyalty with us, sticking by us through our journey. Thank you for continuing to choose to bank with us! Bank Australia.

Exemplary Service with Ethical Investments

This bank has been the provider of almost 30 years of service to me. They were recommended for their personal approach and genuine engagement with customers and I can verify this has been consistent throughout. Moreover they stood apart on my switching to them with greater flexibility in how their fee structures and loans operated. It's also been wonderful to be part of their progressive integrity standards with investment and conduct policies that support ethics, sustainability and community development. The staff in all of the locations near to where I have lived have been exemplary in their assistance to me.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Hi Marguerite, thanks for leaving such a lovely review. It's fantastic to hear you've been a customer with us for more than 30 years. It's also wonderful to hear you've joined us based on our ethical banking approach. Thanks for choosing to bank with us! Bank Australia.

New Customer/Account

I have just opened my first account with Bank Australia, the reason for opening this account as I wanted a bank with a personal touch, were I can go into the branch and say hello, a user friendly and reliable phone app and website. I found opening my new account so easy the staff at the Castlemaine Branch are just amazing, from the branch manager to the Customer Service Consultant (Fran McMurtrie), no pushy sales or staff pushing me to open up accounts that are not required and the follow up service was amazing, I received my new card within 4 working days which made my transition from my old bank to Bank Australia so much easier. I highly recommend Bank Australia to anyone who wants a bank with a difference.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Steven, welcome aboard! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review. We are delighted to hear you have received great service from our wonderful team in Castlemaine. It’s great that you are finding our app and website easy to use too! We will definitely pass on the lovely feedback to Fran and the team. Thank you very much for choosing to bank with us :) Bank Australia

Generally customer focused.

I have been with this bank for many decades, when it started as ted S.E.C Credit Union.
I have always found this bank reliable.
The level of service met my expectations as it has done most of the times I have made contact.

Review TypeLoan Application
Hi David, thanks for the review. Great to hear we have been reliable for you and have met your expectations. It is great that you have remained with us throughout our journey through the years, we truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for continuing to bank with us. Bank Australia.

Finally, Amazing Customer Service At A Bank!

Fantastic old fashioned customer service! I'm so glad to have made the move to Bank Australia!
Very impressed with the whole process, quick easy and friendly, I was very pleasantly surprised! :)

Review TypeBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account
Hi Timothy, thanks for taking the time to write a lovely review of your experience. We are delighted to hear you received amazing customer service and that the process of making the move to us was easy. Thank you for choosing to bank with us! :) Bank Australia

Service could not have been better

We transferred our accounts and went through a complex settlement process when changing properties, taking out a series of loans from Bank Australia. The consultant Sonia Lee was knowledgeable and extremely cooperative with our requests. She efficiently dealt with all details.

Review TypeCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account
Hi John, thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear Sonia was able to assist you with your settlement process. We will pass on the lovely feedback to Sonia. Thanks again for choosing to bank with us! Bank Australia

Happy to have made the switch

Recently opened two accounts with Bank Australia. Online process was so straight forward - took less than 20 minutes to get it all done. Received a call a couple of days later, which was a great touch. Card arrived in the mail pretty quickly and so far everything is working well. Also quite impressed with the Bank Australia app. All in all, very happy to have made the switch from one of the 'big four'.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Kate, welcome aboard! Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are thrilled to hear you are very happy with your experience. Thanks for making the switch to us! :) Bank Australia

Insurance review

I've been a customer for 25 years. In their transition from a CU to a member owned bank, Bank Australia lost none of it's personal touch.
My recent experience dealing with Michelle and Dina at their Sydney City branch was professional and excellent customer service.

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review. We’re really pleased that Michelle and Dina were able to provide you with excellent customer service at our Sydney branch. We will be sure to pass on the lovely feedback to them. Thank you for sticking by us for 25 years! We truly appreciate your loyalty :) Bank Australia

Credit Card Application

Was notified by phone that my credit card application that has taken more than 2 weeks to process was not serviceable. This is utterly incorrect and laughable as I had a credit card with a limit 6x more just recently before closing that account. Nothing but a personal attack by the lady processing the application.

Review TypeCredit Card Application
Hi Ewan, thanks for providing this feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. We'd like to follow up with you directly so we can assist. We will send you a private message to get your details. Thanks, Bank Australia.

VIP access

I went to moe branch today and Naomi was very helpful with my queries about vip access and cash passport transfers. She was very helpful and I left feeling confident

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Hi Michele, thanks for taking the time out to provide us with a lovely review. We are delighted to hear Naomi was able to help you with your queries on vip access and cash passport transfers. We will send the positive feedback to Naomi and the Moe team :) Thanks for choosing to bank with us! Bank Australia.

Easy to use

I only moved over to Bank Australia last week but am satisfied very the services and usability to the systems. Staff are also friendly and helpful. I would recommend Bank Australia

Review TypeNew Account
Hi CynamonT, welcome aboard! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you’re satisfied with our services, systems and our friendly staff. Thanks for making the switch to us! :) Bank Australia.

Great start with this new Bank !

It is only 1 week with Bank Australia and the customer service is Great !!! They call back and make sure that all is in order and we are happy with the service. YES WE ARE.
Is nice to be with an ethical bank with human touch.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Elio, welcome aboard! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are delighted to hear of your great experience with our customer service. Thanks for choosing to bank with us! Bank Australia

Ethical, fuss free banking

Bank Australia have competitive interest rates for term deposits and savings accounts, helpful staff and an intuitive, clean online banking interface. In addition, they aren't involved with non earth/people-friendly industries.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Rachel, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are thrilled to hear of your experience with us. Thanks for choosing to bank with us! Bank Australia

Customer service at the heart of what they do

I have been with this bank now for just over the 3 years, the customer service I have received from the Maryborough branch has been nothing short than amazing. They make a complex process seem simple and talk you through every step of the way. I can't recommend this bank, their customer service and products enough

Review TypeLoan Application
Hi Caitlin, thank you for very much for taking the time out to give a lovely review, we're really pleased that you have had an excellent experience banking with us for the past three years. We'll pass your compliments onto the team at Maryborough. Thanks again for choosing to bank with us!