Bank Australia

intuitive and easy

I've been with Bank Australia for a year now, and haven't looked back. While the process of switching banks is always pain-staking, it's been worth it. Online banking, the app and customer service are all excellent.

Refinancing home loan

We've just completed refinancing our home loan to Bank Australia and are very happy with how it has gone. The process was very easy, and everything happened according to schedule. Brad from the Canberra branch was extremely helpful throughout the process, and was able to quickly and accurately answer all of our questions.

Review TypeLoan Application and New Account
Hi Elise, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you've recently refinanced with us! We're really pleased you found the process very easy and that Brad was so helpful. Thanks for choosing to bank with us! Bank Australia

Bank that does not know how to bank

Employees struggled to understand the purpose of setting up a trust. Despite having a copy of the trust deed, Bank Australia kept coming back with questions piecemeal about the purpose of the trust, the beneficiaries, all of which are made clear in the deed.
When all other banks are simplifying processes for customers, for some reason, Bank Australia under the guise of "safety" creates the most convoluted process in setting up internet banking for an account that is online transaction only. It involves calling the call centre, downloading apps that are not Bank Australia apps, waiting for a text message.
Shortly after opening my account, I noticed that the daily transfer limit was $2000. So I transferred the $2000, and scheduled the remainder for the next day. The second transfer was rejected with no reason provided even though the funds were available. The next day, i rang up the call centre to transfer this amount and it was completed successfully but the lady was unable to tell me why the scheduled payment was rejected. In the same call, I requested for the daily transfer limit to be increased to $5000. When time came to make another transfer, I could not even transfer $2000!!! I called to the call centre and some smart said well it's because your daily transfer limit is $2000. One, i could not even transfer $2000, and two, I have increased the daily transfer limit to $5000. Smart bum came up with some excuse that did not make sense but I did not press any further as it was just a time waiting effort.
Then another email asking about how the trust operates came and that was the last straw.
I wrote back with my feedback, and in the email asked for the account to be closed. I did not hear back for 3 days so I called the call centre to close the accounts.
After spending hours trying to deal with a thoroughly incompetent bank, for comparison purposes, Westpac was able to open my account, set up internet banking, talk about investment and asset protection strategies within my one hour appointment with a personal banker.
Bank Australia, your clean money campaign and conservation reserve mean nothing if as a bank, you can't even bank.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account
Hi Jhessikka L. thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience. We'd like to look into this for future quality improvement. We'll send you a private message to get some more details. Thanks, Bank AustraliaI value my time and do not choose to invest any more time on Bank Australia.

Easy account creation and smooth transition

Having had second thoughts for awhile about my 14 year relationship with a big 4 bank, the Clean Money campaign caught my attention one evening on SBS. After looking into what Bank Australia offered, I found not only that their fees and interest rates for everyday banking/savings were like that of the other institutions, they also shared the same ideals as I did - making it a done deal.

Setting up an everyday banking account online was easy and quick - it was ready within minutes, and I received my visa debit card in about 4 business days. Online banking via the website is user friendly, opening a bonus saver account within this was straight forward. The iPhone app is great to use too, and setting up Apple Pay was done within a few taps (the app's splash screen feels very Australian too, which is nice).

A week or so after I had joined I received a call from Bank Australia checking to see how everything was going, and if I needed any help with anything which was a pleasant first human contact. I was advised of the different insurance options they offered, and after asking for a consultant to call me back later that evening, I am now saving a significant amount on my car insurance through Bank Australia/Allianz. So far everything has been great, and I'm looking forward to many years ahead with a bank that invests in the things that our world needs.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account
Hi Tristan, thanks for providing such wonderful feedback. It's so great to hear you've recently joined us based on your alignment with the clean money values. We're really pleased to hear that you've had such a positive experience so far. Thanks for choosing to bank with us and for joining the clean money movement! Bank Australia

Ethical and straightforward banking. Love it!

Opened a high interest savings account online after finding Bank Australia to be the best on a rate comparison site. Their ethical approach to investment appealed to me strongly. The opening process was so simple and I haven’t been harassed with further marketing material since. It just does what it says on the tin.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi ACM, thanks for leaving such a lovely review. It's fantastic to hear you've recently become a customer based on our ethical and responsible banking approach, and the process was simple and straightforward. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's great to have you on board! Bank Australia.

Still don't have my debit card 2 weeks later

The customer service person was lovely but had to keep referring to other departments, that were apparently closed at 3pm on a business day, in order to help. I did not receive a follow up call the next day as promised and even though you instruct a company to send a debit card, you don't seem to know how to track it. Too bad as I like what you're about but your business practises should be as on point as your claims of sustainability.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Sandra, we're so sorry to hear we've disappointed you. We'd like to look into this for you and will send you a private message to get some more details. Thanks, Bank Australia

Very exited!

Just started with Bank Australia and I am keen to learn more. No lending to fossil fuels, so that is way better than most other banks. This bank is fully useable from online and hence is great for me. They seem to care more than most. Great!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Unable to sign credit card normally

I changed over to Bank Australia a few months ago, and when I got my credit card I was surprised to find that the signature strip was tiny. I checked and it was 40% smaller than my previous card. I cannot sign my normal signature on it. I contacted the bank and they advised me to either abbreviate my signature, or just "write it really small". Well, if I abbreviate my signature, it won't match any of my other signatures, including the one that is on file with Bank Australia. Surely that isn't good? And try as I might, I cannot sign 40% smaller than normal in a sensible way. I cannot find any information on the legality or advisability of altering my signature. I raised it with the complaints section of the bank but they repeated the same advice. I suppose I have it in writing if anything goes wrong. Has anyone else had this problem?

Review TypeCredit Card Application and General Transactions

Fantastic service!

Living in Tasmania and joining a bank that doesn’t have a ‘bricks and mortar’ branch in the state, Rachael was superb at providing a personalised service and navigating me though my product selections. This level of service is unheard of in the big four banks, and it really does make a difference. More broadly, the product offering from Bank Australia is neat and to the point. It’s just what I needed.

Review TypeCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account
Hi Tim, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's wonderful to hear you've recently joined us! We're really pleased that Rachael provided excellent customer service throughout the process and that our product offering meets your needs. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's great to have a customer! Bank Australia

A welcome change

I have only been with the bank for a matter of weeks!
I find the staff to be very very helpful.
I hope that this can be a long term relationship and, fruitful in all ways to both of us!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account
Hi Andrew, thanks for leaving a lovely review. We're so pleased to hear you've recently become a customer and that you've already found our staff to be very helpful. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - we hope this can be a long term and fruitful relationship as well! Bank Australia.

Would highly recommend this bank

Sign up process was a breeze. I love what this bank stands for (ethics and morals). Excellent customer service. Very helpful, patient & knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. Highly recommend this bank.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Chelsea, thanks so much for leaving a review. It's wonderful to hear you've joined based on our ethics and morals and we're so pleased you found the sign up process easy! Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's great to have you as a customer. Bank Australia

A perfect bank for me

I joined Bank Australia five years ago for ethical reasons, transferred my savings there. I have since enjoyed peace of mind, above and beyond customer service, and easy online transactions.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account
Hi Thomas, thanks for the lovely review. It's great to hear you became a customer based on our values and ethical banking approach. We're really pleased you've had a great experience with our customer service and online banking services over the years. Fantastic to have you as a customer! Bank Australia

Fantastic product, friendly customer service

Recently changed to this bank because their message of sustainable and conscience banking really resonated with me. Great user experience for signing up and using the app. Friendly phone staff too.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi JamesB, thanks for leaving such a nice review. It's fantastic to hear you've recently become a customer based on our values and ethical banking approach. We're really pleased you've had such a positive experience so far! Thanks for choosing to bank with us, it's great to have you on board. Bank Australia

I need a Bank such as this one.

Have been a customer since approx 1966
This bank is excellent to work with for customer assistance
As I use the On Line system, [ no branch near me ] I do not have any problems.

Review TypeATM Experience, General Transactions and Loan Application
Hi Ivan, thanks so much for leaving a review. It's wonderful to hear you've been a customer for more than 50 years! We're so pleased to hear you've continued to have such a positive experience banking with us. Thanks for choosing to bank with us for so long! Thanks, Bank Australia

From my experience, they need better infrastructure if they wish to compete with the Top 4.

On Friday, 22 February, I tried to sign up online to their Bonus Saver account only and every time I tried their website told me I needed to sign up for an Everyday account as well.

I spoke to customer service on the phone, who was very helpful and said it was a website issue that would be rectified. She would call me back on either later that afternoon or Monday 25 February with an update. It is now 2 March and I never received that phone back which is disappointing.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Ren, thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that this was your experience. We would like to look into this for you and will send you a private message to get some details. Thanks, Bank Australia

Emily

Been with them since it started as a credit union in 1970
Reliable yes
Emily at the Bendigo Branch is an asset as she is is very knowledgeable,friendly,cooperative and has an excellent example of what an employee should be.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Hi James, thanks so much for leaving a review. It is wonderful to receive this feedback. We're so pleased to hear that the Bendigo team has been so helpful throughout your journey banking with us. We'll pass your feedback to Emily. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's fantastic to have you as customers! Bank Australia

Talking to the bank

I've been with the bank for 12 months now, I joined Bank Australia because they were the only bank I could find with a social conscience. I had to call the bank the other day to do a large transfer, I waited no time on hold and the person who helped me was awesome and I had it all done quickly. Usually, I only do online but this was one of the best telephone contacts I've had. Thank you Bank Australia

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Hi MarkS, thanks for leaving such a wonderful review. We're really pleased you support our values and our ethical banking approach. Great to hear that you have had such a positive experience with our team. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's fantastic to have you as a customer! Bank Australia

Fantastic customer service

I've been working with Michelle (and sometimes Tanya) from the Townsville branch for my first home loan.

The team have made everything so simple for me, in what can be quite an overwhelming experience. I've felt supported throughout and have been working with Michelle the whole way through - which helps!

The team work hard, are friendly and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Thanks for making my first home buy as easy as possible (and answering all my silly questions)!

Trustworthiness
Hi Nic, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's fantastic to hear you've taken out a home loan with us! We're really pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience. We'll pass the wonderful compliments onto the team at Townsville. Thanks for choosing to bank with us - it's fantastic to have you as a customer! Bank Australia

Dont listen to the people slamming your involvement with GETUP!!

You guys are a amazing! I really approve of your ethical choices, and hope you continue with this path.

Joined your bank recently and everything has been seamless. Only suggestion I can really think of is the further improvement of a already solid mobile app. Namely to allow the changing of account names from the app/website itself, and the ability to add accounts in the app (like the commonwealth bank phone app).

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Claudia, thanks for leaving us such a lovely review. We're really pleased to hear that you support our partnership with GetUp. Thanks for your feedback regarding the app, we're looking to make those improvements in the new future. Watch the space! Thanks for choosing to bank with us, it's great to have you on board! Bank Australia

Impressed by their commitment to sustainability!

I am impressed by their commitment to sustainability - operating carbon neutrally, offsetting the emissions of their car insurance, not financial fossil fuels and actively investing in renewable energy and conservation. Too often organisations 'green wash' their products, and misrepresent the environmental impact of their operations but Bank Australia appears to be genuinely committed to action on climate change.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Zac, thanks for leaving us such a lovely review. We're really pleased to hear you support our commitment to sustainability. Thanks for choosing to bank with us, it's great to have you on board! Bank Australia