ANZ Bank Home Loans

ANZ Bank Home Loans

See the Best Home Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Absolutely horrendous. Am taking my personal banking from them after home loan application.

If I would rate 0 stars I would. Went through a broker for an anz home loan. Upon brokers ok after beginning an application for pre approval put in an offer for a property which was accepted. Was stuffed around for over 3 weeks. Were given 3 different deadlines from ANZ for outcome. None were met! Applied for extension with the vendor. Finally received a response but declined due to an old anz credit card that was finalised in 2017. On their records it was still outstanding. I forwarded a finalisation letter from anz from 2017 and they didn’t even bother liasing and stuck to their no. Now we are scrambling to get finance with another lender and applied for another extension with the contract. Absolutely disgusted. Never again Anz!!

Loan used for:Second Home

Too long to get a loan appoved

Two weeks so far for a loan approval and still no result. My application is straight forward with lots of equity, good income and clear credit for a loan for a vehicle using my house as security. I won't be using ANZ again.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Having a good mortgage broker is the key!

After reading some of the comments below we were really anxious about applying with ANZ, we were pleasantly surprised when our application was approved in 2 days flat. Yes, the application was sent to India and that didn't make a difference. Reason? I believe that having a great mortgage broker is the key, our broker went through our documents with a fine tooth comb, dotted our I's and crossed the T's. On many occasions he was able to pick errors in our data and guide us accordingly. What a relief this is and I wanted to come back here and post this for others so that they don't get worried like us. Do your research, be informed, use a broker and you will be fine.

Loan Start DateAugust 2019

ANZ Stop Messing With Peoples Lives

ANZ suggested a security swap. Easy? Right? Far from it. We managed to get the settlement of both the home we sold and the one we bought to settle the same day. However, ANZ kept stalling on having the paperwork ready, which in turn delayed settlement by nearly a week. This caused a snowball effect for the buyer and seller of both properties.
When the Manager of the Security Swap team didn’t understand the process, we began to worry.
Staff need some serious training in customer service as well as product knowledge. We rely on the staff to inform us of what is required and the process.
Our latest issue now is someone in the bank has allegedly deposited too much money from the swap in our account so they’ve frozen it. It seems everyone has different ideas on how a swap works!
And the headaches continue......
I’d like to add, the Devonport Branch Manager has been most helpful.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Waiting for my approval letter!

I am an existing customer of ANZ. I have signed a contract of sale one month ago and have waited 3 weeks since application lodged with ANZ and still have not got my approval letter. I have had to request an extension already and now have 2 days left till expiry! If I lose this property I will leave Anz forever and refinance with another bank.

The turnaround time for Home Loan is ridiculous. Already been 3 Weeks and waiting!

Please Anz don’t lose another customer. Get back to me at the earliest matter. I don’t want to lose my property.

Loan used for:Investment Property

Consistently disappointing experiences, poor customer service

On each occasion I've been dealing with ANZ regarding my mortgage, I've always had a headache getting someone to (a) respond, (b) take action and (c) follow up my enquiry. Now I'm trying to discharge from the mortgage after 4 years of nightmares, and they lost the forms I sent a month ago. Should have stayed with my independent credit union!

Loan used for:Investment Property

Your a source of income not a customer. The Bank is always right!

Is took over 6 months to process loan application.
Within a couple of months ANZ increased interest rates beyond cash rate changes.
At every opportunity they creep your rate up. They pretend that they are giving you a discount.
Part of my loan was fixed interest, on refinancing they charged me $8522 Early Repayment fee, I am now with a lender that has a significantly lower rate and their rate is pegged to the Cash Rate. I was disappointed with support. When I had an issue with a payment being bounced when I had funds, the attitude it was my fault, they did not need to communicate to me that they bounce a payment.
If you go with ANZ, review your rate periodically, if you dont you will find the rate getting higher and higher.

Loan TypeSplit
Loan Start DateOctober 2016
Loan used for:Refinancing

No surprises effortless

I’ve had a mortgage for about 8 years. Anz has served under 2 years of it. I must admit that Anz is one of the most pleasant banks to deal with. There rates were consistent, at no point was there any unexpected fees and the banking platforms are second to none. The only reason I’m looking at leaving is to chase after the lower rates from online lenders.

Loan Start DateMarch 2018
Loan used for:Refinancing

Truly clueless service - use anyone else

Lodged a pre approval which was supposed to get an acknowledgement in 24 hours- two weeks later after chasing finally got a response. Then submitted tax returns etc and waited another week. Got asked questions according to a script by a person who had obviously no experience with anything outside normal PAYG. I have a trust but its not that hard!
Long boring story short after multiple stupid questions where the answers were all in the forms supplied I gave up and asked them to cancel the pre-approval. They could not have cared less.
I'll be moving my existing loan from them as well. one phone call later I had all the answers I needed from both another bank and also a broker- who both wanted the business

Loan used for:Second Home

dont care for current customers

don't bank on them passing on rate cuts and you cant re-finance to get a better rate as an existing customer. horrible morals am moving else where.
I have a rate of 4.65 with 0.09% discount and they have an advertised 3.85%. when I saw one of their lenders I was politely told to change lending providers. Will be canceling my trading account, savings account and my mortgage and never looking back.

Loan Start DateNovember 2017
Loan used for:First Home

Horrible Service/Application process

Our Home Loan application has been in review for 8 weeks. Even after marking the file as urgent as we are about to lose a deposit. Home loan assessment is based in India and can't do anything at all.

Loan TypeSplit
Loan used for:First Home

Great online facility, not the rate competitive.

Variable rates can change, unfortunately in current climate they have climbed but this is expected with rise in funding costs and naturally lower rates favoring new clients. Other than that, the web based application is easy to use and intuitive. The phone app is dependable although does go down quite often for maintenance. Overall not a bad experience.

The worst bank for Home Loans

If you would like to get a Home Loan then I would recommend getting one through Westpac because they calculate the best calculations and they are always accurate also they never rip you off.

Worst bank ever – The bank you can trust to screw things badly

Moving my banking requirements to ANZ has been an absolute disaster. If you want a bank to screw things over, then ANZ is the bank to do it.

With the purchase of a property, I chose ANZ to have the home loan with. During settlement they considerably overcharged my account. When questioned, they informed they will rectify it and credit me back. But you know what, the next day they then overcharged my account again (by a considerable amount). All they had to do was follow the loan documents, and they have so far failed to comply and follow it.

My broker and conveyancer have been in contact with ANZ and still ANZ cannot provide an answer. I have tried to go to their head office, yet no one has been able to assist rather telling me it most likely is my fault.

If you want a bank you can rely upon to really screw things over, overcharge you, not follow legal requirements from the conveyancer and a very bad customer service staff then go ahead and bank with ANZ.

Very disappointed, and until today I'd been recommending ANZ to others.

I called last year to split our home loan and fix our home loan rate because we'd be saving about $1,000 or so a month in interest and they said they couldnt make the changes because we had 2 delayed payments in 2017 for which their financial hardship team was approached (which have since then been paid) due to husband being made redundant. They said we need to wait 6 months and to call again.

After spending an hour on the phone first after being told by Theo that he can do it no problem, I was transferred to Helen who was by far one of the rudest consultants I spoke to in my lifetime. Her demeanour was condescending throughout the duration of the call and in the middle of the conversation I actually had to ask her if she would stop interrupting and speaking over me and let me talk.

I had been manually paying our home loan and our account has been ahead in payments for more than a year, but because I had not been making the payments on the specified date but BEFORE the due dates, she said the system was saying that I'd made 2 late payments in the last 30 days alone. I don't understand why it's a problem to pay before the due date and why it's marked as a late payment? So then due to these supposed "late payments" they had to review my internal credit rating and said I need to wait 6 months and make payments on time but not AHEAD of time?!?

I was then transferred to the 4th person (after spending an hour on the phone with a toddler and infant to take care of) who said she'd send an email for someone to review the account and see if they can make the changes from variable to fixed. Every person I spoke with gave contradicting information, from Helen saying the review would take 48 hours to the last person Ellie saying she's never heard of it taking under 5 days. Debbie made an effort to help but I understood she was in another department and had to transfer me again.

Lastly, just wondering what type of "system" ANZ uses. All 4 consultants blamed the system for not being able to help. Theo said his system was frozen, Helen said her system didnt let her make any changes, Debbie said she didnt have access on her system and Ellie said she didn't have visibility of the payments on her system.

I eventually asked how much mortgage discharge fees were going to be because we have our everyday account, credit card, home loan and savings/offset with ANZ on a breakfree package for which they charge $395 annually plus all the other fees and interest ANZ are benefiting from. Having the freedom of more than 20% equity on our home so we can move everything over to another bank after being messed around with for many months is liberating.

Very disappointed, confused and frustrated. Definitely will not be recommending ANZ anymore to people.

The mobile team has been disappointing

I was helping my daughter with her first home purchase and approached ANZ. It was the mobile team that we had. The process overall was very stressful, and unprofessional. Every time when we email to try clarify information, it took at least one week sometimes two weeks to get a response. They never apologise for their tardiness but when they want something, they want it immediately. Information also came through in bits and pieces, and they would simply ask us to call the customer service hotline if we want things done.

Really don't recommend the mobile team to anyone.

ANZ are terrible

My experience was the same as the person complaining that its all through India.
I was banking with them for over 10 years, and it took 9 weeks to refinance my loan. Service was ABYSMAL!!!! Like insultingly terrible.
I'm leaving them now....

ANZ home process - Overhaul required - Don't waste time looking at ANZ

1. We attempted to loan additional 600k for purchase of a second property - have existing loan of 450k and house value of 2 million.
2. ANZ after weeks of review only just accepted our loan serviceability even though we had earnings way over the requirement. Earnings excepted by the NAB but no the ANZ.
3. They review their interest rates monthly and increase their rates more often that other banks.
4. Total process was over 7 weeks to get an unconditional offer. Finally with good rates much lower that we were paying. Too little too late.

Don't bother

After forgetting about our application for the first week and then not doing anything in the time frame THEY outlined to us forcing us to apply for a finance extension on our contract, they waited until after we paid for our pest and building control then informed us that lenders mortgage insurance wouldn't cover the postcode the house was in. Just gross incompetence. After being a loyal customer for over 20 years we will be taking our accounts elsewhere.

Horrible service and processed in India

After banking with ANZ for about 25 years with 3 home loans all paid out and all our bank accounts and credit cards we thought we would do the right thing and apply with ANZ again through a mobile lender. BIG BIG mistake. All assessments are done in India by Indians who obviously have no concept of the financial climate in Australia and what we have to do to save etc. They failed us on not having funds to complete. We had our deposit sat there waiting to go. How dare they tell me how to pay for my stamp duty and solicitor. Use a broker and aussie based bank.

Why have you outsourced your monitoring and assessing of home loans to India when they have no idea how Australians run businesses? We have banked with ANZ for over 20 years, had 3 home loans with this bank and all have been paid out. Now with a 50% cash deposit, we are told by Indian Assessors that they don't understand how an IT Specialist who runs his own company and has done now for over 20 years how we are going to afford the loan by moving interstate. IT Specialist who works remotely and goes all over the country and overseas. Plus, we had pre loan approval for buying our new house. ANZ, you are driving your customers away in droves. If we don't get the home loan from you, we go to another bank who will more than happy service us with a loan. Even your own Australian Business Developer (from the ANZ) doesn't understand what the Indian Assessors are going on about. Think about this: DO YOU WANT TO LOSE MORE CUSTOMERS? If this is how you want to run your financial organisation, you are guaranteed to lose out to other banks. This loan approval is now into Week 3. Not happy.

How long do i have to wait for a simple answer? Approved or not after reading these reviews maybe 6 days isn't long enough to be left in limbo. Communication is dreadful do i need to apply some where else
After 3+ weeks (and after us following up on it each week) were we told "oh yeah, you have been approved but the paperwork will take a few days". The person handling our loan has changed once so far. We returned signed forms but are now waiting on the 'Verification Team' (which I am sure is code for something) before it can be finalised. The wait continues, an agonising month on... No renovations before Christmas for usThey promised 5 business days to get an approval, real - it was about 12 to get a response. Their process is shady.Contact First Heritage Loan Firm for your business, personal and mortgage Loans from $5000 - $10, 000,000.00 paid into your account within 24 hours after approval with our 24/7 customer service! Repayments up to 120 Months. . For more Info contact us today or visit Web: www.firstheritageloanfirm.com Phone: +1 (720) 845-8309 Emails: info@firstheritageloanfirm.com customercare@firstheritageloanfirm.com