ANZ Bank Home Loans

Incompetent

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Loan used forHome Construction

Worst bank of the year

The level of inefficiency at ANZ is astounding. A simple refinance application has taken them 4 months to process. Even after the settlement is done, I still haven't received any details of the new ANZ account. Lesson learnt - never again with ANZ.

Betty

BettySydney Surrounds, NSW

I would rate their home loan application time a zero.

Find out how ANZ Bank Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Very long processing time.

Home loan refinance application submitted in last week of May. As of today I still don’t know where I stand. They still have to tell me the outcome and don’t know when the loan will settle. Very dissatisfied with their processing time frames.

Amanda C.

Amanda C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ANZ Bank are robbing us

My home loan interest rate is 4.39% (variable!). i asked to reduce, they said they could put me on another package. Then they have said that they cant help due to me being in a debt agreement in 2013 (which has been paid out and which they agreed to - credit card was included in that). I am being penalized for being in financial hardship all those years ago! Even though my home loan is currently ahead in payments.

Flado

Flado

Wasting time with ANZ

Started a refinance home loan in May ...end of August and still waiting for the "certification of documents" submitted 5 weeks ago. Btw, after this step is done, we still don't k ow the settlement date. I've lost many opportunities in the last few months by waiting for ANZ.

sam

samGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disaster... You are just wasting your time with ANZ

I am separated and trying to get the existing loan under my name. Have provided all the documents needed. We started in December 2019 and the bank asked to submit all relevant documents including separation from solicitor, which is fair-enough. However after submitting everything they said loan is approved, just waiting on the sign documents to come through. It's been months and still waiting. Looks like they are waiting for me to lose my job, so they can get the house for cheap. I have been with ANZ for long including my business accounts. I am utterly disappointed and currently considering taking all the accounts to another bank.

Katie

KatieSydney, NSW

Worst place to refinance ever

Horrible experience and very disappointed with the processing time to refinance.

I submitted my application since May. Still didn’t receive any answer till today.

Totally almost three months now that I submitted my application. I lost so many chance to purchase a property.

Loan TypeSplit
Nash

NashSydney, NSW

Too long to approve

I have provided all the required documents for pre- approval and it is taking ages to give me my borrowing capacity. Every time I call her, she says it will be ready today and then nothing happens!! Last week I approached other banks and I got it pre approved in same day! Now I’m thinking to move out from ANZ and get refinanced my existing loans and get a new loan for my new purchase. ANZ is going to lose their 3 customers straight away!! Y Yu ou need yo learn from your lessons!

Loan TypeSplit

Anonymous

AnonymousSydney, NSW

ANZ charged me incorrectly twice in my break package fee

They are adding fees incorrectly to your account and hiding them so you find them out later and need to call them for reversal this is just unfair
Be really careful with fees on your account.

Anthony

AnthonyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

ANZ is Hopeless

I applied for an ANZ standard fixed refinancing loan through my broker in May. Its now nearly July and I’m still waiting for settlement with no date or other notification of a likely date. Once the application is lodged, ANZ does not respond to questions or give any indication of processing times. If I’d know it was going to be this bad at the outset I would not have tried to refinance with the ANZ. I’ve wasted considerable time on this.

Shelley

ShelleySydney, NSW

Just terrible!

Applied October 19 and loan eventually registered last week. Delays with staff in India, it’s beyond a joke. Take over from another bank which settled but the excess amounting to hundreds of thousands not paid into my offset account. I called the bank and after spending an hour on hold was told they having problems and had not setup the new loan account.
Anz DONT cancel my old loan if you can’t get your ducks in a row with important paperwork. Not sure I am going to last long at ANZ. Terrible terrible terrible service. Save yourself time and go elsewhere

Mick

Mick

Terrible timeframe on loan approval

Waiting over two months now to re-finance our house loan. Wished we had not chosen to go with ANZ and so disappointed that it has taken so long. No point in ANZ offering a low rate if they can’t actually approve any loans. Would not recommend ANZ to anyone unless you like waiting ages and getting really cross and sad

Loan used forRefinancing

Waiting over a month for mortgage approval. Terrible service.

We have now been waiting for five weeks for our mortgage refinance / construction loan to be approved to be approved, meaning we've had to delay starting a renovation project. Unacceptable and really disappointing. We haven't received timely updates regarding when the loan is expected to be processed either, which adds to the frustration. Don't advertise for new customers if you can't process applications in an efficient manner. I'm already looking forward to my renovation being over so I can leave ANZ and move to a lender with decent customer service as soon as I can.

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

POOR EFFORT ANZ

Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service and unbelievably slow!

I have been waiting 5 weeks for ANZ to even look at my application for a home loan. 5 weeks! This is just crap. They claim they are inundated due to people now refinancing as they have very competitive loans now. If they are so swamped that it takes over 5 weeks to look at an application, from an existing ANZ customer, surely they could move more people into the team that look after applications! Even if they had to train them, it wouldn't take 5 weeks! Then they could hire people into other jobs to replace those people, and what do you know, it would also give more people a job! Seems to me ANZ is just trying to increase their profit margins by not hiring enough staff!

Silva K.

Silva K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

extremely horrible

called them to gain some info on home loans. absolutely unreliable. was originally thinking of applying a loan from them but after my personal experience with them decided to pull even my savings account from them i have washed my hands clean of anz
and reading all the nehative comments here certainly has reaffirmed me that i made the wise choice indeed

Loan used forInvestment Property

Lost our contract due to ridiculously long loan application processing time... thanks for nothing ANZ!

Had a 21 day finance clause on a contract to buy an investment property. Not long enough for ANZ to process our loan. Seller refused to extend, so we lost the house. Money down the drain on building, pest, and legals. Would never touch ANZ again.

Terrible

Loan used forFirst Home

Avoid them - they can leave you stranded on the Last day

Loan Start DateMay 2020
Munishwar B.
Munishwar B.

Marko

Markoasked

My home loan top up get rejected 2 months ago, can I apply again ?

Franni

Franniasked

Why have you outsourced your monitoring and assessing of home loans to India when they have no idea how Australians run businesses? We have banked with ANZ for over 20 years, had 3 home loans with this bank and all have been paid out. Now with a 50% cash deposit, we are told by Indian Assessors that they don't understand how an IT Specialist who runs his own company and has done now for over 20 years how we are going to afford the loan by moving interstate. IT Specialist who works remotely and goes all over the country and overseas. Plus, we had pre loan approval for buying our new house. ANZ, you are driving your customers away in droves. If we don't get the home loan from you, we go to another bank who will more than happy service us with a loan. Even your own Australian Business Developer (from the ANZ) doesn't understand what the Indian Assessors are going on about. Think about this: DO YOU WANT TO LOSE MORE CUSTOMERS? If this is how you want to run your financial organisation, you are guaranteed to lose out to other banks. This loan approval is now into Week 3. Not happy.

Sharkat

Sharkatasked

How long do i have to wait for a simple answer?
Approved or not after reading these reviews maybe 6 days isn't long enough to be left in limbo.
Communication is dreadful do i need to apply some where else

A M
A M

After 3+ weeks (and after us following up on it each week) were we told "oh yeah, you have been approved but the paperwork will take a few days". The person handling our loan has changed once so far. We returned signed forms but are now waiting on the 'Verification Team' (which I am sure is code for something) before it can be finalised. The wait continues, an agonising month on... No renovations before Christmas for us

Amy
Amy

They promised 5 business days to get an approval, real - it was about 12 to get a response. Their process is shady.