ANZ Bank Home Loans

ANZ Bank Home Loans

See the Best Home Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ANZ bank is totally worst

I went for my land and home loan with ANZ my land loan was approved in December 2018 then I applied for construction loan in 2019 which was approved but I am still waiting for my first progressive payment to be made from ANZ which he hasn't put and my builder has put the work on hold bcoz he hasnt received the money from the bank. I have paid 20% initial deposit but still waiting from bank side. Its been a long time since I applied the loan and still ANZ saumya we will Do your settlement in 24 hours but when it will happen they don't have any idea

Loan Start DateApril 2019

Arno Sosilo

Arno SosiloPerth, WA

Worst Mobile Lender ever and very long process without any update

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan used for:Refinancing

Absolutely horrendous. Am taking my personal banking from them after home loan application.

If I would rate 0 stars I would. Went through a broker for an anz home loan. Upon brokers ok after beginning an application for pre approval put in an offer for a property which was accepted. Was stuffed around for over 3 weeks. Were given 3 different deadlines from ANZ for outcome. None were met! Applied for extension with the vendor. Finally received a response but declined due to an old anz credit card that was finalised in 2017. On their records it was still outstanding. I forwarded a finalisation letter from anz from 2017 and they didn’t even bother liasing and stuck to their no. Now we are scrambling to get finance with another lender and applied for another extension with the contract. Absolutely disgusted. Never again Anz!!

Ian M

Ian MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too long to get a loan appoved

Two weeks so far for a loan approval and still no result. My application is straight forward with lots of equity, good income and clear credit for a loan for a vehicle using my house as security. I won't be using ANZ again.

KabirJ

KabirJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Having a good mortgage broker is the key!

After reading some of the comments below we were really anxious about applying with ANZ, we were pleasantly surprised when our application was approved in 2 days flat. Yes, the application was sent to India and that didn't make a difference. Reason? I believe that having a great mortgage broker is the key, our broker went through our documents with a fine tooth comb, dotted our I's and crossed the T's. On many occasions he was able to pick errors in our data and guide us accordingly. What a relief this is and I wanted to come back here and post this for others so that they don't get worried like us. Do your research, be informed, use a broker and you will be fine.

Loan Start DateAugust 2019

Tracy H

Tracy HTasmania

ANZ Stop Messing With Peoples Lives

Jack

JackHobart, TAS

Waiting for my approval letter!

I am an existing customer of ANZ. I have signed a contract of sale one month ago and have waited 3 weeks since application lodged with ANZ and still have not got my approval letter. I have had to request an extension already and now have 2 days left till expiry! If I lose this property I will leave Anz forever and refinance with another bank.

The turnaround time for Home Loan is ridiculous. Already been 3 Weeks and waiting!

Please Anz don’t lose another customer. Get back to me at the earliest matter. I don’t want to lose my property.

Loan used for:Investment Property

brt_edwards

brt_edwards

Consistently disappointing experiences, poor customer service

On each occasion I've been dealing with ANZ regarding my mortgage, I've always had a headache getting someone to (a) respond, (b) take action and (c) follow up my enquiry. Now I'm trying to discharge from the mortgage after 4 years of nightmares, and they lost the forms I sent a month ago. Should have stayed with my independent credit union!

Loan used for:Investment Property
Ed

Ed

Your a source of income not a customer. The Bank is always right!

Is took over 6 months to process loan application.
Within a couple of months ANZ increased interest rates beyond cash rate changes.
At every opportunity they creep your rate up. They pretend that they are giving you a discount.
Part of my loan was fixed interest, on refinancing they charged me $8522 Early Repayment fee, I am now with a lender that has a significantly lower rate and their rate is pegged to the Cash Rate. I was disappointed with support. When I had an issue with a payment being bounced when I had funds, the attitude it was my fault, they did not need to communicate to me that they bounce a payment.
If you go with ANZ, review your rate periodically, if you dont you will find the rate getting higher and higher.

Loan TypeSplit
Loan Start DateOctober 2016
Terrenceo

TerrenceoPerth, WA

No surprises effortless

I’ve had a mortgage for about 8 years. Anz has served under 2 years of it. I must admit that Anz is one of the most pleasant banks to deal with. There rates were consistent, at no point was there any unexpected fees and the banking platforms are second to none. The only reason I’m looking at leaving is to chase after the lower rates from online lenders.

Loan Start DateMarch 2018

swamprat96

swamprat96

Truly clueless service - use anyone else

Lodged a pre approval which was supposed to get an acknowledgement in 24 hours- two weeks later after chasing finally got a response. Then submitted tax returns etc and waited another week. Got asked questions according to a script by a person who had obviously no experience with anything outside normal PAYG. I have a trust but its not that hard!
Long boring story short after multiple stupid questions where the answers were all in the forms supplied I gave up and asked them to cancel the pre-approval. They could not have cared less.
I'll be moving my existing loan from them as well. one phone call later I had all the answers I needed from both another bank and also a broker- who both wanted the business

Sean W.

Sean W.

dont care for current customers

don't bank on them passing on rate cuts and you cant re-finance to get a better rate as an existing customer. horrible morals am moving else where.
I have a rate of 4.65 with 0.09% discount and they have an advertised 3.85%. when I saw one of their lenders I was politely told to change lending providers. Will be canceling my trading account, savings account and my mortgage and never looking back.

Loan Start DateNovember 2017

Tirian M.

Tirian M.Sydney, NSW

Horrible Service/Application process

Our Home Loan application has been in review for 8 weeks. Even after marking the file as urgent as we are about to lose a deposit. Home loan assessment is based in India and can't do anything at all.

Loan TypeSplit

Mortgage House User

Mortgage House User

Great online facility, not the rate competitive.

Variable rates can change, unfortunately in current climate they have climbed but this is expected with rise in funding costs and naturally lower rates favoring new clients. Other than that, the web based application is easy to use and intuitive. The phone app is dependable although does go down quite often for maintenance. Overall not a bad experience.

Praneel Singh

Praneel Singh

Worst bank ever – The bank you can trust to screw things badly

Andrea Maleta

Andrea MaletaSydney, NSW

Very disappointed, and until today I'd been recommending ANZ to others.

NoraS

NoraSSydney

The mobile team has been disappointing

I was helping my daughter with her first home purchase and approached ANZ. It was the mobile team that we had. The process overall was very stressful, and unprofessional. Every time when we email to try clarify information, it took at least one week sometimes two weeks to get a response. They never apologise for their tardiness but when they want something, they want it immediately. Information also came through in bits and pieces, and they would simply ask us to call the customer service hotline if we want things done.

Really don't recommend the mobile team to anyone.

Sam

SamPerth, WA

ANZ are terrible

My experience was the same as the person complaining that its all through India.
I was banking with them for over 10 years, and it took 9 weeks to refinance my loan. Service was ABYSMAL!!!! Like insultingly terrible.
I'm leaving them now....

ANZ home process - Overhaul required - Don't waste time looking at ANZ

1. We attempted to loan additional 600k for purchase of a second property - have existing loan of 450k and house value of 2 million.
2. ANZ after weeks of review only just accepted our loan serviceability even though we had earnings way over the requirement. Earnings excepted by the NAB but no the ANZ.
3. They review their interest rates monthly and increase their rates more often that other banks.
4. Total process was over 7 weeks to get an unconditional offer. Finally with good rates much lower that we were paying. Too little too late.

Linda T

Linda TPialba

Don't bother

After forgetting about our application for the first week and then not doing anything in the time frame THEY outlined to us forcing us to apply for a finance extension on our contract, they waited until after we paid for our pest and building control then informed us that lenders mortgage insurance wouldn't cover the postcode the house was in. Just gross incompetence. After being a loyal customer for over 20 years we will be taking our accounts elsewhere.

Marko

Markoasked

My home loan top up get rejected 2 months ago, can I apply again ?

Franni

Franniasked

Why have you outsourced your monitoring and assessing of home loans to India when they have no idea how Australians run businesses? We have banked with ANZ for over 20 years, had 3 home loans with this bank and all have been paid out. Now with a 50% cash deposit, we are told by Indian Assessors that they don't understand how an IT Specialist who runs his own company and has done now for over 20 years how we are going to afford the loan by moving interstate. IT Specialist who works remotely and goes all over the country and overseas. Plus, we had pre loan approval for buying our new house. ANZ, you are driving your customers away in droves. If we don't get the home loan from you, we go to another bank who will more than happy service us with a loan. Even your own Australian Business Developer (from the ANZ) doesn't understand what the Indian Assessors are going on about. Think about this: DO YOU WANT TO LOSE MORE CUSTOMERS? If this is how you want to run your financial organisation, you are guaranteed to lose out to other banks. This loan approval is now into Week 3. Not happy.

Sharkat

Sharkatasked

How long do i have to wait for a simple answer?
Approved or not after reading these reviews maybe 6 days isn't long enough to be left in limbo.
Communication is dreadful do i need to apply some where else

A M
A M

After 3+ weeks (and after us following up on it each week) were we told "oh yeah, you have been approved but the paperwork will take a few days". The person handling our loan has changed once so far. We returned signed forms but are now waiting on the 'Verification Team' (which I am sure is code for something) before it can be finalised. The wait continues, an agonising month on... No renovations before Christmas for us

Amy
Amy

They promised 5 business days to get an approval, real - it was about 12 to get a response. Their process is shady.

Viktor A.
Viktor A.

Contact First Heritage Loan Firm for your business, personal and mortgage Loans from $5000 - $10, 000,000.00 paid into your account within 24 hours after approval with our 24/7 customer service! Repayments up to 120 Months. . For more Info contact us today or visit Web: www.firstheritageloanfirm.com
Phone: +1 (720) 845-8309
Emails: info@firstheritageloanfirm.com
customercare@firstheritageloanfirm.com

Get an answer from our members and ANZ representatives