ANZ Bank Home Loans

1.7

Anthony

AnthonyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

ANZ is Hopeless

I applied for an ANZ standard fixed refinancing loan through my broker in May. Its now nearly July and I’m still waiting for settlement with no date or other notification of a likely date. Once the application is lodged, ANZ does not respond to questions or give any indication of processing times. If I’d know it was going to be this bad at the outset I would not have tried to refinance with the ANZ. I’ve wasted considerable time on this.

Shelley

ShelleySydney, NSW

Just terrible!

Applied October 19 and loan eventually registered last week. Delays with staff in India, it’s beyond a joke. Take over from another bank which settled but the excess amounting to hundreds of thousands not paid into my offset account. I called the bank and after spending an hour on hold was told they having problems and had not setup the new loan account.
Anz DONT cancel my old loan if you can’t get your ducks in a row with important paperwork. Not sure I am going to last long at ANZ. Terrible terrible terrible service. Save yourself time and go elsewhere

Karen

KarenPerth, WA

An exercise in patience

We submitted our home loan application 8 weeks ago through a broker and we are still waiting for a final reply. Each week we are told we should hear something soon - We were advised 4 weeks ago we had conditional approval which is why we have waited this long.

Two weeks ago we were asked to resubmit our payslips because they were too old now to use.

Our application is now at the bottom of the pile again waiting for some person in India to look at it.

It’s been very stressful. I wouldn’t advise anyone to take this path. We should be in our new house by now.

Loan TypeSplit

Find out how ANZ Bank Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Terrible timeframe on loan approval

Waiting over two months now to re-finance our house loan. Wished we had not chosen to go with ANZ and so disappointed that it has taken so long. No point in ANZ offering a low rate if they can’t actually approve any loans. Would not recommend ANZ to anyone unless you like waiting ages and getting really cross and sad

Loan used forRefinancing

Waiting over a month for mortgage approval. Terrible service.

We have now been waiting for five weeks for our mortgage refinance / construction loan to be approved to be approved, meaning we've had to delay starting a renovation project. Unacceptable and really disappointing. We haven't received timely updates regarding when the loan is expected to be processed either, which adds to the frustration. Don't advertise for new customers if you can't process applications in an efficient manner. I'm already looking forward to my renovation being over so I can leave ANZ and move to a lender with decent customer service as soon as I can.

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

POOR EFFORT ANZ

Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service and unbelievably slow!

I have been waiting 5 weeks for ANZ to even look at my application for a home loan. 5 weeks! This is just crap. They claim they are inundated due to people now refinancing as they have very competitive loans now. If they are so swamped that it takes over 5 weeks to look at an application, from an existing ANZ customer, surely they could move more people into the team that look after applications! Even if they had to train them, it wouldn't take 5 weeks! Then they could hire people into other jobs to replace those people, and what do you know, it would also give more people a job! Seems to me ANZ is just trying to increase their profit margins by not hiring enough staff!

Silva K.

Silva K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

extremely horrible

called them to gain some info on home loans. absolutely unreliable. was originally thinking of applying a loan from them but after my personal experience with them decided to pull even my savings account from them i have washed my hands clean of anz
and reading all the nehative comments here certainly has reaffirmed me that i made the wise choice indeed

Loan used forInvestment Property

Lost our contract due to ridiculously long loan application processing time... thanks for nothing ANZ!

Had a 21 day finance clause on a contract to buy an investment property. Not long enough for ANZ to process our loan. Seller refused to extend, so we lost the house. Money down the drain on building, pest, and legals. Would never touch ANZ again.

Terrible

Loan used forFirst Home

Avoid them - they can leave you stranded on the Last day

Loan Start DateMay 2020
Munishwar B.
Munishwar B.
Louis

LouisSydney, NSW

Terrible Discharge

It is a nightmare. Automated systems keeps asking me to fill out discharge form. I have on a number of occasions which the head office recognised when I have called in. I was told to pay out the loan with cash to make the process quicker. I did that and all it has done is create confusion with their admin. Person I am dealing with has gone on leave. I am angry and scared I wont make settlement.

Loan Start DateMay 2015
N.A

N.AGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't get a home load from ANZ

Been banking with ANZ for many years.
Loans are done off shore in INDIA.
Stay away from ANZ if you don't want headaches.
Trying to get my land loan it's been nothing but headaches.

I will be taking all my loans and banking to a new bank.

Extremely unprofessional

Day 35 and still no decision on refinancing the mortgage for an extension to my home from ANZ. Constant confusion, inability to plan ahead, lack of knowledge of their own processes and requirements. An absolute joke.

Loan used forRenovation
Malcolm Downes

Malcolm DownesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst customer interface ever

Found it impossible just to arrange to meet to sort out a couple of issues with a mortgage discharge. The automated voice service was a nightmare and it was impossible just to get to speak to someone.

Find out how ANZ Bank Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

ANZ bank is totally worst

I went for my land and home loan with ANZ my land loan was approved in December 2018 then I applied for construction loan in 2019 which was approved but I am still waiting for my first progressive payment to be made from ANZ which he hasn't put and my builder has put the work on hold bcoz he hasnt received the money from the bank. I have paid 20% initial deposit but still waiting from bank side. Its been a long time since I applied the loan and still ANZ saumya we will Do your settlement in 24 hours but when it will happen they don't have any idea

Loan Start DateApril 2019
Arno Sosilo

Arno SosiloPerth, WA

Worst Mobile Lender ever and very long process without any update

Loan used forRefinancing

Absolutely horrendous. Am taking my personal banking from them after home loan application.

If I would rate 0 stars I would. Went through a broker for an anz home loan. Upon brokers ok after beginning an application for pre approval put in an offer for a property which was accepted. Was stuffed around for over 3 weeks. Were given 3 different deadlines from ANZ for outcome. None were met! Applied for extension with the vendor. Finally received a response but declined due to an old anz credit card that was finalised in 2017. On their records it was still outstanding. I forwarded a finalisation letter from anz from 2017 and they didn’t even bother liasing and stuck to their no. Now we are scrambling to get finance with another lender and applied for another extension with the contract. Absolutely disgusted. Never again Anz!!

Ian M

Ian MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too long to get a loan appoved

Two weeks so far for a loan approval and still no result. My application is straight forward with lots of equity, good income and clear credit for a loan for a vehicle using my house as security. I won't be using ANZ again.

KabirJ

KabirJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Having a good mortgage broker is the key!

After reading some of the comments below we were really anxious about applying with ANZ, we were pleasantly surprised when our application was approved in 2 days flat. Yes, the application was sent to India and that didn't make a difference. Reason? I believe that having a great mortgage broker is the key, our broker went through our documents with a fine tooth comb, dotted our I's and crossed the T's. On many occasions he was able to pick errors in our data and guide us accordingly. What a relief this is and I wanted to come back here and post this for others so that they don't get worried like us. Do your research, be informed, use a broker and you will be fine.

Loan Start DateAugust 2019

Marko

Markoasked

My home loan top up get rejected 2 months ago, can I apply again ?

Franni

Franniasked

Why have you outsourced your monitoring and assessing of home loans to India when they have no idea how Australians run businesses? We have banked with ANZ for over 20 years, had 3 home loans with this bank and all have been paid out. Now with a 50% cash deposit, we are told by Indian Assessors that they don't understand how an IT Specialist who runs his own company and has done now for over 20 years how we are going to afford the loan by moving interstate. IT Specialist who works remotely and goes all over the country and overseas. Plus, we had pre loan approval for buying our new house. ANZ, you are driving your customers away in droves. If we don't get the home loan from you, we go to another bank who will more than happy service us with a loan. Even your own Australian Business Developer (from the ANZ) doesn't understand what the Indian Assessors are going on about. Think about this: DO YOU WANT TO LOSE MORE CUSTOMERS? If this is how you want to run your financial organisation, you are guaranteed to lose out to other banks. This loan approval is now into Week 3. Not happy.

Sharkat

Sharkatasked

How long do i have to wait for a simple answer?
Approved or not after reading these reviews maybe 6 days isn't long enough to be left in limbo.
Communication is dreadful do i need to apply some where else

A M
A M

After 3+ weeks (and after us following up on it each week) were we told "oh yeah, you have been approved but the paperwork will take a few days". The person handling our loan has changed once so far. We returned signed forms but are now waiting on the 'Verification Team' (which I am sure is code for something) before it can be finalised. The wait continues, an agonising month on... No renovations before Christmas for us

Amy
Amy

They promised 5 business days to get an approval, real - it was about 12 to get a response. Their process is shady.

Viktor A.
Viktor A.

Contact First Heritage Loan Firm for your business, personal and mortgage Loans from $5000 - $10, 000,000.00 paid into your account within 24 hours after approval with our 24/7 customer service! Repayments up to 120 Months. . For more Info contact us today or visit Web: www.firstheritageloanfirm.com
Phone: +1 (720) 845-8309