Apex Car Rentals

Apex Car Rentals

RachelR

RachelRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would never use this company

Samuel L.

Samuel L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent experience with Sydney and Melbourne offices.

First time that I'm going out of my way to write a review because of the wonderful experience I had with Apex. Honestly surprised to see negative reviews on this site but I have to caveat that my experience were with the Melbourne and Sydney offices. Also, I was renting a car during Covid season, so I didn't really have to compete with many other customers for attention.

Anyway, I found Apex to be great value for money and excellent customer service. Honestly impressed because I've gone with other less known budget rentals before and let's just say those times I got what I paid for. With Apex, the experience was completely above and beyond what I expected. Good job to the team!

Vehicle TypeHyundai Elantra
Eastwest101

Eastwest101

Never answer their phones

Have called 1800 121029 numerous times in the last few months and their national call centre appears to be un-staffed. As long as you don't need to actually make a customer enquiry or change your booking this rental company is fine.

Bec

BecPerth

One star is to much

Customer service is terrible in Perth. The boss is very rude and disrespectful of a customer.
After hours drop off was not made clear told there was none and that I needed to get the car back to the depot before a certain time Friday or have someone else return it Monday morning but they needed to go show ID first.
Inconvenience and then wanting to charge me $$$ to drop it off at the after hours drop off point.
Very horrible experience and wouldn't recommend the company to anyone at all.
Pay more and get the customer service!

Apex car rentals

Vehicle TypeToyota Highlander
John Hamze

John HamzeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Company!

Terrible customer service, requesting extensive documentation due to discrimination and pure incompetence. They hold over $500 for bond! First I’ve ever heard of. The vehicle was dirty and filthy and they’ll do anything to make a $

Do yourself a favour and don’t use these a$$holes

Suzi p

Suzi pSouth East Queensland, QLD

did not honour quote despite already taking money

I booked a car rental for a month. Paid for it in FULL at the time of booking days prior to requiring the car. They called later to say they could not honour the quote as a computing glitch had allowed the booking. It was a $600 hire. I am EXTREMELY displeased with teh company for not honouring what they already took payment for.

James

JamesPerth, WA

OFFICE CLOSED ON CAR PICK UP DAY

I booked a car for a month
The payment was taken from my credit card
I took the day off of work to collect the car
I arrive at the depo 302 Gt eastern Hwy
Only to find the office is closed
I called the manager Paul
He said we are closed
Come back tomorrow
NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a worse vehicle

Best car hire experience I've ever had.

Booked an Outlander SUV from Apex car rental in Sydney. Car was only 2 years old and in good working order.
Staff were really good and took no time at all to get me on the road.
Price was really competitive with no charge for 2nd driver and no charge for different drop off location. The staff did not try bullying me to buy extra insurance or palm me off with a different car to what I had booked.
Dropping off was just as easy in Brisbane and very quick once they had checked for any damage. I would thoroughly reccomend Apex after my experience in Australia.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Outlander

Chuck

ChuckMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Free Cancellation - Coronavirus

We have always used APEX car rentals in OZ and NZ and have had excellent service at very cheap rates. We were flying to Sydney on Tuesday 17/3/20 (in 4 days) and renting a car. We are having 2nd thoughts about getting stuck in Sydney with the fluid Coronavirus alert. Rang APEX to see what the cancelation policy was as I was aware there could be a 50% fee. Paul at APEX advised they are waiving all cancelation fees. What a fantastic result!! APEX, you guys rock!!

Vehicle TypeKia Optima
Sabrina

SabrinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No worries at all

Customer service in Wellington not the friendliest but Napier was great & very helpful.
Payment handled with ease, signed paper, swipe my card & given the keys. I extended my hire twice, easy as over the phone & they emailed the new contract.
Loved the 2018 Rav4 i hired, i travelled from Wellington to Gisborne & up to Kaitaia with no issues at all.
Would definitely hire with apex again. I did pay the full cover insurance so no deposit was required.

Vehicle TypeToyota RAV4

Tami E

Tami ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Local Brisbane Hirer Beware!!!

Vehicle TypeHyundai Tucson
Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a worse vehicle

Booked a vehicle and charged cancellation fee

I hire vehicles over 50 times which translates to over 150 days rental per year and thought I would try Apex. Drrrr.....I booked a vehicle but within 1 hour I tried to cancel as partner has already organised a vehicle.
I was charged 20% cancellation fee which I consider shocking given I only booked the vehicle 1 hour prior. Very poor customer service and will never use again.

Absolutely Shockingly Bad Service

So arrived at Auckland Airport Apex office. The moment I had literally swiped my eftpos card for payment, I was told that my 2019 Toyota Corolla was not available.....because I had arrived late?! I was offered an upgrade to a 2017 Camry (2 year older model than I had booked). My partner found a 2019 Corolla in their lot but they had “lost the keys”. An hour later we drove out with the same 2019 Corolla after much arguing and high blood pressure moments. Incidentally there was another customer having exactly the same runaround. A little dodgy to say the least.

Chris M.

Chris M.Sydney, NSW

Car with Sat nav standard, card removed and extra fee to hire

I have never experienced this before renting an I30 Active which has built in sat nav. But Apex want more money and pulled out the card that makes it work so they can rent out nav systems. Possibly the card put back. I have used them many times but this disgusted me. Typical in this day and age when people and companies gouge money from you at every opportunity. Would I use again? Yes as it was a price based choice. Loyalty means nothing nowadays.
Car great despite huge rattles in rear tailgate.

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30

Pete

PetePerth, WA

NZ holiday

We used Apex twice whilst on holidays in NZ. The first car in Tauranga wasn’t the cleanest with cobwebs on the numberplate and side mirror but we didn’t care as the car did what it had to for us and we were happy with the price we paid.
Second car was out of Picton but returned to Queenstown, we got lucky and got a better car than what we chose.
We chose Apex as it doesn’t charge a fee for a second driver nor for not returning it to the same place you picked it up as well as it priced reasonably. Would highly recommend Apex

Anonymous

AnonymousSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

Christchurch City Apex was awesome and we are happy with our car for the price it is.
However, the Christchurch Airport Apex had awful customer service. We witnessed a gentleman attempt to make a complaint about the car he was hiring, yet he didn’t get that far as the customer service employee raised her voice at him and only escalated the situation. She repeatedly told him to let her speak, yet when he tried to speak after her, she kept interrupting him. When the gentleman left, the staff then proceeded to gossip and slander the gentleman’s accent. We were horrified by the lack of professionalism shown.

TM traveler

TM traveler

Not really satisfied...

Customer Service was ok:

- Staff was friendly and nil issues for the most part but the process was very slow.
- There wasn't much staff when we picked up our vehicle in Wellington and therefore contributed to the slow process.
- First car Ford focus (Red) given to us smelt like urine, but they were happy to replace it.
- The replacement we got had the cruise control stuffing up.
- First GPS given was not working properly. The GPS that we were provided as a replacement was not accurate and took us to a dead end at one point, so we decided not to use it and only as a back up if needed.

Vehicle TypeFord Focus

Great service-As usual.

We hired a car at Hobart Airport for a week long hire. This was our third time hiring Apex cars. We were not disappointed. The young man who looked after us was prompt and got through all the paperwork very efficiently. He even gave me a lift back to the Airport hotel when we dropped off the car.
The car was top class and did not miss a beat on the whole journey.
Apex do not try and upsell extras. Its plain old fashioned service without the nonsense.
Disclaimer - I am a Gold member of Hertz, and have not used them since discovering Apex.

Very poor customer service