Apex Car Rentals

Apex Car Rentals

See the Best Car Hire Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Booking Process
  • Received Booked Vehicle
    • No, I received a worse vehicle (8)
    • No, I received a better vehicle (5)
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Pete

PetePerth, WA

NZ holiday

We used Apex twice whilst on holidays in NZ. The first car in Tauranga wasn’t the cleanest with cobwebs on the numberplate and side mirror but we didn’t care as the car did what it had to for us and we were happy with the price we paid.
Second car was out of Picton but returned to Queenstown, we got lucky and got a better car than what we chose.
We chose Apex as it doesn’t charge a fee for a second driver nor for not returning it to the same place you picked it up as well as it priced reasonably. Would highly recommend Apex

Anonymous

AnonymousSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

Christchurch City Apex was awesome and we are happy with our car for the price it is.
However, the Christchurch Airport Apex had awful customer service. We witnessed a gentleman attempt to make a complaint about the car he was hiring, yet he didn’t get that far as the customer service employee raised her voice at him and only escalated the situation. She repeatedly told him to let her speak, yet when he tried to speak after her, she kept interrupting him. When the gentleman left, the staff then proceeded to gossip and slander the gentleman’s accent. We were horrified by the lack of professionalism shown.

TM traveler

TM traveler

Not really satisfied...

Customer Service was ok:

- Staff was friendly and nil issues for the most part but the process was very slow.
- There wasn't much staff when we picked up our vehicle in Wellington and therefore contributed to the slow process.
- First car Ford focus (Red) given to us smelt like urine, but they were happy to replace it.
- The replacement we got had the cruise control stuffing up.
- First GPS given was not working properly. The GPS that we were provided as a replacement was not accurate and took us to a dead end at one point, so we decided not to use it and only as a back up if needed.

Vehicle TypeFord Focus
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Great service-As usual.

We hired a car at Hobart Airport for a week long hire. This was our third time hiring Apex cars. We were not disappointed. The young man who looked after us was prompt and got through all the paperwork very efficiently. He even gave me a lift back to the Airport hotel when we dropped off the car.
The car was top class and did not miss a beat on the whole journey.
Apex do not try and upsell extras. Its plain old fashioned service without the nonsense.
Disclaimer - I am a Gold member of Hertz, and have not used them since discovering Apex.

Very poor customer service

Vehicle TypeHonda CR-V

JL-Melbourne

JL-MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Renter beware - take photos of everything!!

Vehicle TypeToyota Yaris

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Not very satisfied with customer service!

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent

Appalling check in Cairns

Had to ring four times before someone answered, had to wait over 10 minutes at the collection point, had to wait 20 minutes at the office just to get acknowledged/looked after, took 20 minutes to deal with their unbelievable paperwork. All in all, 50 minutes to get the car and get going. The worst rental car check in service ever. On the upside, the car was as expected.

Vehicle TypeHyandai

Worst Ever Customer Service

Worst ever customer service, would never go back. I explained that I am from overseas with young kids and due to some emergency my flights were modified and now I have to drop car after hours but they didn’t allow even though they have arrangement in place, The company do to not support their clients even in emergency does not deserve continued business. Slightly less prices have been a worst ever experience in new country with small kids. Will never use again.

Squiggles

SquigglesCentral Queensland, QLD

Great service and great price

Leong

LeongHunter Region, NSW

Unethical and borderline criminal

Be careful renting from Apex car rental at brisbane city location. They gave me a vehicle with mechanical fault and extorted me of the full excess by claiming i damaged the vehicle!

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30

Greg B

Greg BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Good service in Cairns

Only about a 5 minute wait for their shuttle bus at the airport in Cairns and then another 5 minutes to their base. Very friendly and efficient staff. Booked a Hyundai but received a Toyota Corolla which was just 12 months old with 20k on the clock and spotlessly clean and faultless. On return checkout took a bit longer due to an influx of incoming passengers but we were still back at the airport within 30 minutes. The rates are much cheaper than on airport operators and the service is very good so would definitely use them again.

Jayd

JaydSoutheast, SA

No worries Cairns

Hired a small car online from the Cairns outlet. The wait for the shuttle bus from the airport was not long at all. The wait to be given our car was quite long, the que was out of the building, but to be fair quit a few flights had arrived from New Zealand and various parts of Australia. There were lots of staff, which were rushed off their feet! This didn't detract their effieciently and helpfullness. The car we received was clean and as we had requested.We had no problems at all with the car when returning it after two weeks.It was early morning we were on our way to the airport within ten minutes of returning the car.This is our second time we have hired a car from Apex it definately will not be our last.

Vehicle TypeKia Sorento

They are brilliant

I'm soo glad I actually came across them they are an amazing company super affordable really quick with picking up the car I picked up my car from Apex car rental near auckland airport new zealand I could not believe how cheap the daily rate was for the car itself and they charge no bond but still recommend getting the insurance and make sure to get photos before getting into car other than that would recommend apex rental

Ross

RossIllawarra, NSW

Much cheaper than the bigger guys, no problems at all with the service

We got a car in Hobart and dropped it off in Launceston. Process was seamless and much cheaper than the more well known companies. The car was a few years old but in good condition. I would recommend these guys

Vehicle TypeKia Cerato

Customer service was terrible

We waited at the Brisbane airport for over 30 minutes to be collected after being told on the phone that the bus was 5 minutes away. When we got to the office we waited another 40 minutes prior to being served. When we were eventually seen the lady was rude to me an vague on the after hours drop off at the Gold Coast. I asked how long it would take to get to the airport from the after hours drop off location at Tweed Heads and she replied "I don't know we are not the Apex Gold Coast". She then proceeded to charge me an extra $30 for the early drop off so the small amount I saved by using Apex was even less. Never again

Vehicle TypeHyundai Elantra
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Worst customer service ever!!!

Customer service was non existent. Rude, no courtesy, no friendliness, no smiles. When we dropped off the car we asked if there was a shuttle bus, they said bluntly that it had just left, not giving us an approximation of when it would be back. We asked if there was a toilet, they just pointed in the general direction. While getting our bags out of the car, a person came out and looked over the car then said it was fine and asked for the keys. We followed them inside, they didn’t hold the fire open for us, just let it close in our faces. It’s cheap prices but improving customer service costs nothing.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent

Apex Car Rentals Perth

Excellent service. Prompt pickup from Perth Airport and our paperwork was handled efficiently. We were given a navigation device for free! It was a big help as we hired the car for 2 months in February 2019. Rental car was clean and problem free. Same efficient service at drop off in April 2019 and ride to Perth Airport. Shuttle was spotless. We were lucky to have the same shuttle driver on both occasions. He was excellent.

Disappointed

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

APEX New Zealand - APEX Melbourne Not Quite the Same !

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

zz m.

zz m.Far North Queensland, QLD

A satisfying experience.

Efficient, friendly and reliable service from start to finish as first time customers we just couldn't be happier with the experience. Very well priced and we look forward to using them again the the future 5/5