Apex Car Rentals

Apex Car Rentals

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot Fault the service Apex Rentals Provided

Recently I hired a car from Melbourne Airport. The service was without fault. Shuttle was waiting when I arrived. No waiting around at the office - all I did was sign, collect the keys & away in literally a minute. In trying to book a car all the major car hire companies had no available cars so I was desperate & I took the Apex car. I then read Apex reviews which were not good & wondered if I had made a mistake. My conclusion was their service was up the the best offered by a hire car company. I fully recommend Apex Rentals at Melbourne Airport.

Bella

BellaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hobart airport: lowest price, great car, friendly staff

I booked a car for 10 days and saved $400 compared to the big name rental agencies for same type of car with same insurance, even with my auto club discount. (Car hire is VERY expensive in Tasmania - low stocks of hire cars, apparently.) The car seemed new and very clean, pleasant to drive, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They are not actually onsite at the airport - there's a shuttle that comes and picks you up when you phone them on landing - worth that little inconvenience to me to save $400. The shuttle process in both directions was quite efficient, but I'd allow an extra 20 mins just to be on the safe side.

William Beare

William BeareSouth East Queensland, QLD

Management Refusing Refund

I rented a vehicle for a few months, paying in advance, I rang to confirm I could return the vehicle early with a refund & was told yes. I returned the vehicle a little over a week early & now they are refusing to refund me. I have spoken at length with David McKenzie who claims he is in charge, the communication has been terrible I have had to double email him multiple times. Strongly advise not dealing with them.

J costello

J costelloMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

apex car hire cairns

I have booked with this company before and for 5 days is $260 i checked 4 weeks ago same price then go to make a booking today and the price has gone to $800 for same vehicle same days disgusting how they can just jack up the price because of demand will not use again

Kate

KateSydney

Awful experience

I was given the incorrect return time when booking my vehicle. As a result I was called on the day of return and told I needed to return it an hour earlier which meant I had to rush back and didn’t have time to refuel the vehicle. I was then charged a $25 refuelling fee on top of the fuel cost!!! The vehicle was already over $300 to hire for 1.5 days. Expensive and upsetting experience. I didn’t even get an apology from the staff member.

Disreputable company

We hired a car through Apex from Melbourne airport, they charged us an extra $50 for after hours hire at 3 pm on a Wednesday then didn’t have a car for us and just said “sorry”. At this point we haven’t got our $600 back yet either.

Jane

JaneMelbourne

Do not use

Cancelled our hire car in Hobart 2 hours before pick up & would not answer phone or emails ... DO NOT USE
6 days later , Have still not heard from apex by phone or email. Unbelievable

jeff

jeffMelbourne

Disappointed

We booked one month in advance for a Hyundai or similar. On arrival, we were told they were short of cars and only had a Suzuki Swift available. We had to take the car as we had appointments on the same day. We had planned a road trip and the car was a disaster as it was like riding a skateboard over country roads. We cut short our annual holiday as we just could not stand the rough ride any longer. A bit rough as we ordered our car well in advance but Apex chose to sell our car and dump a lesser car on us. Is the Swift similar to the Hyundai and the answer is a resounding no. We will never use this company again for they can not be trusted to deliver. Thank you Apex for ruining our annual holiday.

Cheryl

CherylPerth, WA

Brisbane ApexRental excellent

Have always rented from Apex in Brisbane and NZ and just recently in Brisbane. Originally rented car for 10 days but had to return after two due to Covid lockdown and need to return home interstate. The crew in Brisbane couldn’t have been more helpful. Allowed me to return vehicle and provided refund for unused portion. Sherrilee and her team very professional and understanding. Vehicle excellent and well maintained. Would not hesitate to hire from then again. Every hire over the years has been simple with no issues. You will see me again Apex thank you

Sea Land Sky

Sea Land SkyHunter Region, NSW

terrible customer service, unethical handling of payments

Stephen D.

Stephen D.South East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting customer service

RachelR

RachelRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would never use this company

Samuel L.

Samuel L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent experience with Sydney and Melbourne offices.

First time that I'm going out of my way to write a review because of the wonderful experience I had with Apex. Honestly surprised to see negative reviews on this site but I have to caveat that my experience were with the Melbourne and Sydney offices. Also, I was renting a car during Covid season, so I didn't really have to compete with many other customers for attention.

Anyway, I found Apex to be great value for money and excellent customer service. Honestly impressed because I've gone with other less known budget rentals before and let's just say those times I got what I paid for. With Apex, the experience was completely above and beyond what I expected. Good job to the team!

Eastwest101

Eastwest101

Never answer their phones

Have called 1800 121029 numerous times in the last few months and their national call centre appears to be un-staffed. As long as you don't need to actually make a customer enquiry or change your booking this rental company is fine.

Bec

BecPerth

One star is to much

Customer service is terrible in Perth. The boss is very rude and disrespectful of a customer.
After hours drop off was not made clear told there was none and that I needed to get the car back to the depot before a certain time Friday or have someone else return it Monday morning but they needed to go show ID first.
Inconvenience and then wanting to charge me $$$ to drop it off at the after hours drop off point.
Very horrible experience and wouldn't recommend the company to anyone at all.
Pay more and get the customer service!

Apex car rentals

John Hamze

John HamzeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Company!

Terrible customer service, requesting extensive documentation due to discrimination and pure incompetence. They hold over $500 for bond! First I’ve ever heard of. The vehicle was dirty and filthy and they’ll do anything to make a $

Do yourself a favour and don’t use these a$$holes

Suzi p

Suzi pSouth East Queensland, QLD

did not honour quote despite already taking money

I booked a car rental for a month. Paid for it in FULL at the time of booking days prior to requiring the car. They called later to say they could not honour the quote as a computing glitch had allowed the booking. It was a $600 hire. I am EXTREMELY displeased with teh company for not honouring what they already took payment for.

James

JamesPerth, WA

OFFICE CLOSED ON CAR PICK UP DAY

I booked a car for a month
The payment was taken from my credit card
I took the day off of work to collect the car
I arrive at the depo 302 Gt eastern Hwy
Only to find the office is closed
I called the manager Paul
He said we are closed
Come back tomorrow
NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Best car hire experience I've ever had.

Booked an Outlander SUV from Apex car rental in Sydney. Car was only 2 years old and in good working order.
Staff were really good and took no time at all to get me on the road.
Price was really competitive with no charge for 2nd driver and no charge for different drop off location. The staff did not try bullying me to buy extra insurance or palm me off with a different car to what I had booked.
Dropping off was just as easy in Brisbane and very quick once they had checked for any damage. I would thoroughly reccomend Apex after my experience in Australia.