Apex Car Rentals

Apex Car Rentals

See the Best Car Hire in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worst customer service ever!!!

Customer service was non existent. Rude, no courtesy, no friendliness, no smiles. When we dropped off the car we asked if there was a shuttle bus, they said bluntly that it had just left, not giving us an approximation of when it would be back. We asked if there was a toilet, they just pointed in the general direction. While getting our bags out of the car, a person came out and looked over the car then said it was fine and asked for the keys. We followed them inside, they didn’t hold the fire open for us, just let it close in our faces. It’s cheap prices but improving customer service costs nothing.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent

Apex Car Rentals Perth

Excellent service. Prompt pickup from Perth Airport and our paperwork was handled efficiently. We were given a navigation device for free! It was a big help as we hired the car for 2 months in February 2019. Rental car was clean and problem free. Same efficient service at drop off in April 2019 and ride to Perth Airport. Shuttle was spotless. We were lucky to have the same shuttle driver on both occasions. He was excellent.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

APEX New Zealand - APEX Melbourne Not Quite the Same !

As a frequent traveler, I used to be an APEX loyal customer for long, especially when travelling through New Zealand, on yearlong stays, in the 2 beautiful Islands.

Based on this good experience, I rented an APEX car in Melbourne on the 21st May, and returned it on the 23rd (2 days only).

I was shocked when I was charged a $500 bond (over 2 days $98 rental), just “because I lived in Melbourne”, which didn’t make any sense to me, once none of Apex’s competitors has similar requirements (higher bond because you are a resident).

But the main reason for my major dissatisfaction with APEX Australia is, once I returned the car on 23rd May, I expected the bond refund to be processed on 2-3 days after drop off date.

I had to call APEX office twice, write an email to the Melbourne Management so I could have my $500 back 5 Days after I had returned the car!

I am sure Apex understands this is credit card money, and Banks charge high interest rates for the use of these funds.

Apex lost me as a customer and I just want to give a “heads up” to others who might be thinking on using their services in Melbourne.

A satisfying experience.

Efficient, friendly and reliable service from start to finish as first time customers we just couldn't be happier with the experience. Very well priced and we look forward to using them again the the future 5/5

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Great prices, very poor service

I'll start by being objective and then you can read further for details of the one star choice. We hired a RAV4 for our NZ round trip from Auckland to Queenstown and back up. Was in fairly poor physical condition when we picked it up. It had been obviously taken off road as was very scratched and had a fair few dents and dings the front window also had a lot of stone chips (a lot). The interior was clean and spacious and comfortable. The car seat provided for the trip was not particularly clean and seemed quite old and in need of retiring, it wasn't fitted for us. Quite blase service at the Auckland branch on pick up and unfriendly service at the Christchurch branch on return. The car drove very well for the whole trip and we had not issues with its reliability.
The car was hired for a 16 day holiday with the VTNZ sticker expiring 5 days into this period. We were asked to stop at the Picton branch or a post office "along the way" where we could pay for this (which I did in cash), and then receive the refund later (back onto my card despite it only being $4.10 cash). Wiper blades so old the water just smeared like oil across the window making for very poor visibility which was mentioned at the Picton branch but were unable to be changed as the mechanic wasn't there and staff didn't know how to change them; they were also unable to help me with the VTNZ sticker and we were told to continue our trip and stop at another post office "along the way". All up we had to make 4 trips specific to getting this VTNZ label finally ending in Queenstown at the VTNZ centre. I find this lack of organisation unacceptable as the length of hire was known and not considered when hiring out the car. To continue, a car seat was also hired (at extra cost) and not fitted by the staff at the Auckland branch and had to be fitted (we hope correctly as this was my child's life at risk) by myself without instruction as the staff also had no idea how to do this. The GPS provided had the incorrect window attachments provided with it, which was luckily found out prior to leaving the branch and swapped for a GPS with incomplete maps (which we later found out). To cap off the great service, when the car was returned to the Christchurch branch one of your very unsmiling and untalkative staff members took the keys and looked over the car and proceeded to leave me standing at the desk while she went and then looked at her computer without a "please follow me" or an explanation as to what she was doing. I decided to follow her and sit at her desk where after about 5 minutes of her studying the screen she decides to tell me that there was a dent on the front left fender and that there was no photographic evidence of this not being there prior to rental. This mark appeared to be from the door of another car, and since this car has over 168000km should be considered normal wear and tear not to mention the fact that its presence prior to rental was highly likely, however my excess was mentioned and she went to go and speak to the manager, whom I then had to wait an extra 15 minutes to see as he was in a meeting. This man then came and had a look at photos from a previous rental period and fount the offending dent and all was good and I could go. In future I shall take my own photographs of the shoddy condition in which a car is rented to me so that I can prevent normal wear and tear being blamed on me and having to fork out for a repair job on an already very scratched and dented up rental car.

Vehicle TypeToyota RAV4

Fantastic

We were recommended Apex by a family member so we decided to try them out. They are very affordable without compromising on customer care.
Customer service was Fantastic. They picked 11 of us up by shuttle and the transfers were smooth from the airport.
Vehicle was so clean and comfortable and smelt very good and very clean. We only used our van to travel around Melb and the fuel tank was so efficient.
Once we were finished, they did a once over of the car and then transferred us back to the airport. No troubles, very friendly service. Would highly recommend them.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Could have been as good as they said.

All was looking good to start with the Rav4 Toyota with over 100,000 Kim on the clock. We hired the car on line a month or so in advance. The car was said to have no issues. The vehicle had a number of small visual scars from normal wear and tear.
Four day into how tripping around Tasmania we to drive up a road at approx. 20 to 30km/hr. It was not an enjoyable experience as the car started shuddering, jerking violently. I quickly pulled the car over to access, generally what had just occurred, in doing so the car acted normally.
To cut a long story short.
No way could you drive up a rise on any road at a speed of around 20 to 30 km/hr. The car would go into shuddering, jerking state , however if you quickly accelerated past about 30km/hr it instantly went away. We proceeded on how holiday around Tasmania ensuring we did not get into the situation of ascending any road at the speed range concerned.
The employee was advised of the problem on return of the car. The Toyota RAV4 regoNo.E 71WC should have a machinery inspection by Transport Department, Tasmania or like government enforcement body. The rav4 was in need of some type of repair, if need be, removal from the fleet before a nasty incident occurs with this car.
The hand brake was in need of adjustment , as it was relying on the ,(P) for park to keep it stationary on none flat land.

Vehicle TypeToyota RAV4
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

I have used Apex in Cairns multiple times and never had an issue. Car was clean and tidy with no damage and we returned it clean and tidy with no damage. Very reasonably priced.

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Worst experience of my life.

Worst experience of my life.

Their cars are not road worthy in the slightest, despite what they claim. Their staff are incredibly rude and their only aim is to get you out of the car yard as soon as possible. The girl serving us was offended that i wanted to make sure there was a spare tyre in our boot. She said to me "what, you don't trust us?".

No, no i don't.

Our first car, a Toyota Camry, had warped brake discs which caused the car to vibrate uncontrollably when braking.
We took the car back and they replaced it with another Camry that had the exact same problem. We took the second car back as well and they said they would replace it again. While filling out the paper work i noticed that the registration on the third car was the same as the first car we received. I asked them if they had fixed the braking issue on that car and they said they didn't bother because in their minds there is nothing wrong with it.

We refused the car and after much arguing we eventually cancelled our contract with them under the grounds that they would not supply us with a safe car. They refused our refund request and we went next door to Go rentals who were fantastic.

Save your money and don't put your holiday at risk. We lost 2 days worth of our holiday dealing with these idiots, don't do what we did.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

Annoyed renter

Car was totally knocked around poor presentation also done 134000 KS steering wheel buttons broken
Not the car we expected used these guys in Queenstown New Zealand they were so good but would never use or recommend Melbourne to anyone we are annoyed

Vehicle TypeKia Optima
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Don’t put your life at risk!

We hired a car in Cairns last week. The tyres were very dangerous in the rain, they are very cheap hard rubber and very slippery. If we had to brake hard I’m sure we would have been in an accident. The handbrake didn’t work at all. The car had an apple core in the console when we picked it up. When we dropped it off they claimed we put a chip in the windscreen and when I looked back at photos the chip was already there. My advice is pay a little more and get a safe car. It wasn’t even that much cheaper once you include the lower premium insurance.

Vehicle TypeKia Optima

No problems at all

We booked through Apex for a 2 week road trip through the souh island. We had no troubles at all, our car was as stated, we had no problems with it at all and the pickup/drop off was easy on both ends. We had no problems with the shuttle bus and everyone was friendly and attentive. They were also very cheap, which meant we got a bit older car but we had zero problem with this, you know what you’re getting when you book. We had no reason to contact customer service outside of picking up our car so can’t comment on the procedures/service regarding anything going wrong. Can only say our experience with Apex was great! Will definitely use them again.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla

Terrible service

If you are not white skin be sure they will treat you worst doesn't matter how polite you behave with them!! So disappointed withave the rudest lady.she even didn't apologize for her racial behaviour

Very Well Priced and Very Good Experience

I recently hired a Hyundai Elantra sedan through Apex near Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne. Everything went smoothly and I had no issues at all. Staff were friendly and helpful. Shuttle bus pickup (Apex are in Westmeadows, about 10 minutes from airport) and return went smoothly and I had very little wait time for the shuttle bus. The Elantra had been in quite a few scrapes and had a high mileage but I was very happy with the performance of the vehicle and the staff photographed every scratch so there were no questions asked on return. I think I was a bit unlucky as I noticed other cars whose bodyworks were in much better condition. However, for the price I paid I'm not complaining.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Elantra
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Honest friendly company with no nasty surprises.

I booked a Toyota Rav 4 with Apex's Hobart Airport branch and the whole pickup process was totally stress free.Having selected the zero excess option I wasn't worried about the small scratches and chips on the vehicle's paintwork and I would absolutely encourage everyone else to do the same.There is no way known that you will ever be able to record every minor blemish and it's not worth the worry.I'd never driven a Rav 4 previously and can now offer some important tips.1/ Check that someone hasn't pressed the economy button as it will absolutely strangle the vehicle's performance.Some people just can't help themselves it seems. 2/ Check that the DAC button hasn't been activated as it will continually apply the brakes on any sort of slope. 3/ When a RAV 4 has been correctly refuelled, the needle will actually point above the F mark.There are about 8 litres been the top and the bottom arm of the F and some people will rort this and you will pay the price. In any case, I do recommend Apex car rentals in Tasmania and would certainly use them again.

Vehicle TypeToyota Rav 4
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Cheap price but no service read fine print

If your company credit card doesn't have renters name they won't take it. Luckily there were 3 other rental companies down the road who would. Staff not interested to help.

Vehicle TypeHyandi elanta
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

I would not book with anyone else

This is my second time using Apex and they have nailed it. The simple and fuss free booking, pick up, transfers and simplified drop off is exactly what you need. I never feel like they are trying to rip me off with extras and fine print. I have never made a claim but I love this service.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Santa Fe SM
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Cheap Prices but Very Poor Customer Service.

While they may be one of the cheapest rental car companies around and very easy to use if nothing goes wrong, they do not seem interested in looking after their customers should something out of the ordinary happen.
After picking the car up in Christchurch we were involved in an incident that was not our fault which resulted in a severely cracked windscreen. We did not have take out insurance with Apex but we did have a comprehensive travel insurance. After collecting the 3rd party's insurance details we contacted the Christchurch office and were told we could swap the car in the Greymouth office at any time the next day no problem.
Upon arriving there was no one at the office and took us about 15 minutes to locate a staff member. After filling out the necessary paperwork the staff member was incredibly unhelpful in helping us understand the process fo what would happen after we paid the excess. She was essentially useless and could not tell us what would happen after I handed over $1000 or put us in touch with someone who could. Her manager eventually assured us that we would get a full refund after the 3rd Party had covered the windscreen.
Flash forward 1 month when we had returned home I received an email that I would be receiving a refund of the excess minus the cost of the windscreen. After replying and enquiring why and that we we assured that this would not be the case we were told that the New Zealand insurance companies "do not work like other countries" and that we would have to claim through our travel insurance.
We replied stating the facts of the incident and our disappointment in the company for taking the easy way. We did not get a reply to our enquiries and statements and have not heard from the company since. It seems that they are only interested in collecting money from their customers rather than actually assisting them. Very disappointed and would be wary of using them again.
If you want something cheap and cheerful for a few days then this is the company for you, however, for anything longer or for something has the potential to go wrong then I wouldn't count on Apex to help you in any way.

Vehicle TypeNissan Tiida C1

Very happy

The whole process was very easy. From booking to collection and drop off. I had read some negative reviews and was a bit concerned. However my expectations were far exceeded. We paid $176 for 5 days from melbourne airport. No bond required, shuttle bus was easy and prompt, and we got a beautiful car with only 74,000 kms. Would definitely return in the future

Vehicle TypeHyundai Santa Fe SM
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Excelent service, Absolutely recommended!

first of all, I've read many complaints about service from Apex and I think more than a half of problems could be prevented just reading the terms of conditions, keeping in hands the office tel, meeting point for shuttles, holding an international driver licence.....
I Rented a car Elantra in Melbourne Airport - Tullamarine, and as required gave a call to the office for them send a shuttle, waited less than 10 minutes for the shuttle arrive. the staff was very friendly and explained everything before let me go.
No issues until the dropping off in Adelaide Airport, happened pretty much the same as picking up.
Well, briefly, cheapest company, no bond, no cleaning and excelent service. Absolutely recommended.