Dave ThomsonPerth, WA

Awful Service

Car ModelToyota Prado J150 Altitude 4 Cylinder, 3 Litre
Claim DateSeptember 2019

paulhowrah tasmania

Pleasant staff, very efficient.

Been with them 2.5 years, low prices, protected No claim bonus on both our cars. Partner went to their recommended repairer who unfortunately painted the rear bumper the wrong colour! [It was the original 6 yea ar old colour,but the car naturally had faded, & they did not match it. I did not notice until 2 months later.] Apart from that, they have been great.

Claim DateNovember 2018

Don’t bother

I had Car and Contents insurance with APIA had an incident when I went to claim with Contents made complaint I left to join NRMA and they are still taking money out of my account ? Dont go with APIA I made complaint all they could do was blame computer?

Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You Cost Us Money

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

rudy

rudyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrific service !

Within days of lodging an on-line claim we were contacted by Apia and literally wheels were set into motion to repair the damage as soon as possible. Booked into the repairers a couple of days later. Dropped of the car, Apia organised Uber to the nearest Hertz rental to keep us mobile. Three days later and despite an overlapping weekend, I was called to say the car was ready. Once again Uber was waiting at Hertz to take us to the repairers, who offer a Life-time guarantee on the repair! The whole process was seamlessly with minimum of fuss. The car looked was perfect. Top rating for this service, which we think was value for money.

Car ModelVolvo XC60 MK.I D5 R-Design
Claim DateJune 2019

Michelle

MichellePerth, WA

Dishonest, Corporate greed at its finest

The only reason APIA specialise in seniors is to take advantage of the disadvantaged! They added a four hundred and fifty dollar door to a car accident claim taking it over the $3000 excess by $6 so they could write the car off and hence pay out $2300 an absolute rort. taking this to AFCA. They shoudn't get any stars at all. I feel like I'm living in Nigeria !!!
Insured since 2005 Bad value car goes down in value insurance price goes up
Moved to western QBE yesterday full comprehensive $480 per annum half the price
Stay Away

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

mallymuff

mallymuffMelbourne, Vic

NOT HAPPY

My latest car insurance renewal from Apia is over $100 more than last year! I drive less than 2,000K/year, have never had a claim and have been with Apia for years. It feels like a greedy grab and I'm definitely not staying with them. The blurb they give you to qualify their upping the premium would probably never happen, they must think people come down in the last drizzle. :(

Premium ride up

This it fist year I was with APIA , but not happy when renewal increases more than$100 dollars with no claim ,my car value less then $8000 dollars from $35.000 to $24.000 no more with this insurance ./

Jenny T

Jenny TSydney, NSW

Excellent claims experience

I recently had to claim on our car insurance with APIA - was a minor accident but still worrying as we were concerned about getting things sorted, car in for repairs etc. We needn't have worried. From the time we submitted claim over the phone it was all handled efficiently by very helpful staff. The repair was done by a very good company (Capital Smart @ Seven Hills) & all went well. I am very happy with APIA & can recommend them for great claims action. Their premiums are very competitive but it really is more important that your insurer is prompt & reliable when you have to make a claim.

Car ModelHyundai I30
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019
Steve S.

Steve S.Launceston, TAS

Cannot fault the service - exemplary!

Car ModelLexus RX350
Claim DateApril 2019

gordon 22

gordon 22Peel, WA

Don’t reward experience

Put a claim in for storm damage and won’t payout because water damage on van .had never leaked before event made out to be dishonest very rude.was told by assessor van was in poor condition and I was of aware of the leak.no water testing done .rewarding experience they say

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Jac

JacHunter Region, NSW

Ppaiiid my posted quote $40 cheaper online...

Pretty unhappy charged 280 on the posted quote....paid this then found it was 40..00 cheaper online...emailed apia..sorry they can't find my insurances.....just phoned the office and yes I'm insured.....loyalty does not pay

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelMazda 2

Socrates

SocratesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I had very good service with my car insurance claim.

I had to lodge a claim and it was in my opinion an easy and quite straight forward process, it was only minor damage to be repaired on our car but it was all done in 4 working days, I'm very impressed.
I have been with APIA for over 20 years and I will continue to stay with them because I'm a loyal customer and I have no reason to change insurance companies, thankyou to the staff at APIA.

Car ModelHyundai Accent LC
Claim DateMarch 2019

Chris S

Chris SIllawarra, NSW

Do your research peoples!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Paul H

Paul HIllawarra, NSW

Thought they could get by me with exorbitant renewal notice

Apia renewal was $850 and i shop around to compare the market. Compare the market research said woolies was cheaper but woolies insurance is owned by two brothers in South Africa. Budget Direct was next best so went with them. Just discovered they are owned by a African group also. Will change again next year. Budget total cost $520, better agreed value and 8000 klm limit

Car ModelHolden Colorado RG.II
Xy guy

Xy guyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Shop around no customer loyalty with Apia

Have been with Apia since I got my new car in the beginning of 2014. Each year my car depreciated but up up up went my monthly insurance. Now it's become ridiculous. Called and got spoken to like I'm an idiot with excuses that didn't wash. Shopped around and got exactly the same insurance with another well known and respected insurer for $230 a year less. Apia, seriously, you should be rewarding customer loyalty, not punishing it. Never again.

Car ModelNissan X-Trail T31

BruserSnr

BruserSnrPerth, WA

I wouldn't insure anywhere else.

Insurance claim madeYes

APIA...not for Seniors!

I have been insured with APIA for a few yrs now, and , at first, they were top notch. Now, my car insurance premiums have risen a LOT! ON enquiring why, I was given the usual blurb about their superior cover etc, which is untrue, as I discovered that I am not even covered for windshield damage. The fact that my cars' value is reducing, thus means a smaller payout from them, should my car be written off..and so on. I have had various quotes, but will probably go with CGU, via my Credit Union...about $20 p/mth cheaper, and with better cover.

Insurance claim madeNo

Riaan

RiaanBrisbane

Not the right insurance

Insurance claim madeYes

nogard

nogardAU

Bad Insurance

Apia claim to be for the senior’s in Australia. In my experience they are far from that. Not once since I have been with them have they got my insurance details correct, nor have they insured me for the correct amount. To add insult to injury my insurance policy was cancelled due to non-payment, which I was not aware of.

This kind of greedy and incompetent insurance company is not for the seniors but purely for the shareholders. Don’t let the smarmy ads and the bright talk fool you. They are giving nothing away and taking as much as possible whilst doing as little as they can.

Insurance claim madeNo

Rick K

Rick Kasked

After your car is repaired and you cancell the policy does the life time guarantee still apply if you are still the owner of the car and you go to a different company

paul

"Life", in English, may refer to the life of the car, OR your lifetime, [perhaps another 50 years]? They should not cancel it while you are still alive. To stop the "lazy tax" [people who are too lazy to check competitors prices] we should check prices AND what the coverage is, every year or two [plus the star ratings on Product Review].

Dave Thomson

Hi Rick to be honest mate I'm so pissed with this company I actually dont care anymore even now two WEEKS after the accident I still dont have my car back but for sure I'll NEVER go back with them again the only good thing thats come out of this is the bad publicity they've gave themselves, just beggars belief aye ?

Dave Thomsonasked

WHEN is this so called Manger going to call me back ?????????????????

Didn’t know that’s one of reasons I left APIA

paul

Try contacting Consumer Affairs & I think there is an Insurance Ombudsman who will act if they ignore your written requests. The manager may have gone off "sick" [due to "overwork"!] Request his underlings help you, & refer them to this widely read product review site, which is giving them even more bad reviews, & losing them LOTS of business!

Dave Thomson

Thanks Paul so disgusted with the level of unacceptable service I WILL be cancelling my policy I dont need a company that treats its customers in such a bad way, thanks for your reply mate its very much appreciated and a whole lot more than APIA did.....

Wayne C.

Wayne C.asked

Accidentally broke my back window today. It's going to cost me $375.00 how much can I claim for? Mrs. G. Cornish. 0415306200 Thank you.

paul

The insurance co. will tell you. Why dont you ASK them? I believe you can claim the full amount, LESS any excess YOU have chosen.

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance - Comprehensive

APIA Car Insurance - Comprehensive

APIA Car Insurance - Third Party Property

APIA Car Insurance - Third Party Property

APIA Car Insurance - Fire, Theft & Third Party

APIA Car Insurance - Fire, Theft & Third Party

No reviews
CategoryRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car Insurance
Contact Number 13 50 5013 50 5013 50 50
Online Live Chat YesYesYes
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensive, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and TheftComprehensive, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and TheftComprehensive, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft