• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

die Gallis

die GallisTasmania

Would definitely recommend APIA car insurance

We lodged an online claim on Sunday afternoon, APIA rang back on Monday and the car got picked up by a tow truck within an hour or so. As we live in country Tas this is quite remarkable. Car was taken to be assessed. Since it was written-off we had pay-out in our bank account by Friday of the same week. Super quick and friendly.

Job Satisfaction
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Gary

GarySydney Surrounds, NSW

Reasonably priced comprehensive car insurance

Called the Apia help line to renew my car insurance. Was attended to and assisted quickly. Renewed my policy without fuss. Recommended insuring through Apia if you're over 55 for seniors discount

Car ModelToyota Corolla ZRE182R Levin ZR
techknow

techknowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank you again APIA, lifesavers and tremendous to deal with.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim DateDecember 2019
Car ModelVolvo V50
Sal

SalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent service and value

Great value saving alot of money now. Excellent service from your staff member . He was able to answer all my questions. First time I have been super excited about my age. Finally i am old enough to use Apia

Car ModelSubaru XV G4X 2.0i-S

Derek

DerekSydney, NSW

Sharp Practices

Claim MadeNo

Unreliable computer system, never use again

Dave ThomsonPerth, WA

Awful Service

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Car ModelToyota Prado J150 Altitude 4 Cylinder, 3 Litre

paulhowrah tasmania

Pleasant staff, very efficient.

Been with them 2.5 years, low prices, protected No claim bonus on both our cars. Partner went to their recommended repairer who unfortunately painted the rear bumper the wrong colour! [It was the original 6 yea ar old colour,but the car naturally had faded, & they did not match it. I did not notice until 2 months later.] Apart from that, they have been great.

Claim DateNovember 2018

Don’t bother

I had Car and Contents insurance with APIA had an incident when I went to claim with Contents made complaint I left to join NRMA and they are still taking money out of my account ? Dont go with APIA I made complaint all they could do was blame computer?

Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You Cost Us Money

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

rudy

rudyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrific service !

Within days of lodging an on-line claim we were contacted by Apia and literally wheels were set into motion to repair the damage as soon as possible. Booked into the repairers a couple of days later. Dropped of the car, Apia organised Uber to the nearest Hertz rental to keep us mobile. Three days later and despite an overlapping weekend, I was called to say the car was ready. Once again Uber was waiting at Hertz to take us to the repairers, who offer a Life-time guarantee on the repair! The whole process was seamlessly with minimum of fuss. The car looked was perfect. Top rating for this service, which we think was value for money.

Claim DateJune 2019
Car ModelVolvo XC60 MK.I D5 R-Design

Michelle

MichellePerth, WA

Dishonest, Corporate greed at its finest

The only reason APIA specialise in seniors is to take advantage of the disadvantaged! They added a four hundred and fifty dollar door to a car accident claim taking it over the $3000 excess by $6 so they could write the car off and hence pay out $2300 an absolute rort. taking this to AFCA. They shoudn't get any stars at all. I feel like I'm living in Nigeria !!!
Insured since 2005 Bad value car goes down in value insurance price goes up
Moved to western QBE yesterday full comprehensive $480 per annum half the price
Stay Away

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

mallymuff

mallymuffMelbourne, Vic

NOT HAPPY

My latest car insurance renewal from Apia is over $100 more than last year! I drive less than 2,000K/year, have never had a claim and have been with Apia for years. It feels like a greedy grab and I'm definitely not staying with them. The blurb they give you to qualify their upping the premium would probably never happen, they must think people come down in the last drizzle. :(

Premium ride up

This it fist year I was with APIA , but not happy when renewal increases more than$100 dollars with no claim ,my car value less then $8000 dollars from $35.000 to $24.000 no more with this insurance ./

Jenny T

Jenny TSydney, NSW

Excellent claims experience

I recently had to claim on our car insurance with APIA - was a minor accident but still worrying as we were concerned about getting things sorted, car in for repairs etc. We needn't have worried. From the time we submitted claim over the phone it was all handled efficiently by very helpful staff. The repair was done by a very good company (Capital Smart @ Seven Hills) & all went well. I am very happy with APIA & can recommend them for great claims action. Their premiums are very competitive but it really is more important that your insurer is prompt & reliable when you have to make a claim.

Claim DateMay 2019
Car ModelHyundai I30
Steve S.

Steve S.Launceston, TAS

Cannot fault the service - exemplary!

Claim DateApril 2019
Car ModelLexus RX350

gordon 22

gordon 22Peel, WA

Don’t reward experience

Put a claim in for storm damage and won’t payout because water damage on van .had never leaked before event made out to be dishonest very rude.was told by assessor van was in poor condition and I was of aware of the leak.no water testing done .rewarding experience they say

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Jac

JacHunter Region, NSW

Ppaiiid my posted quote $40 cheaper online...

Pretty unhappy charged 280 on the posted quote....paid this then found it was 40..00 cheaper online...emailed apia..sorry they can't find my insurances.....just phoned the office and yes I'm insured.....loyalty does not pay

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelMazda 2

Socrates

SocratesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I had very good service with my car insurance claim.

I had to lodge a claim and it was in my opinion an easy and quite straight forward process, it was only minor damage to be repaired on our car but it was all done in 4 working days, I'm very impressed.
I have been with APIA for over 20 years and I will continue to stay with them because I'm a loyal customer and I have no reason to change insurance companies, thankyou to the staff at APIA.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Car ModelHyundai Accent LC

Chris S

Chris SIllawarra, NSW

Do your research peoples!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Rick K

Rick Kasked

After your car is repaired and you cancell the policy does the life time guarantee still apply if you are still the owner of the car and you go to a different company

paul

"Life", in English, may refer to the life of the car, OR your lifetime, [perhaps another 50 years]? They should not cancel it while you are still alive. To stop the "lazy tax" [people who are too lazy to check competitors prices] we should check prices AND what the coverage is, every year or two [plus the star ratings on Product Review].

Dave Thomson

Hi Rick to be honest mate I'm so pissed with this company I actually dont care anymore even now two WEEKS after the accident I still dont have my car back but for sure I'll NEVER go back with them again the only good thing thats come out of this is the bad publicity they've gave themselves, just beggars belief aye ?

Dave Thomsonasked

WHEN is this so called Manger going to call me back ?????????????????

Didn’t know that’s one of reasons I left APIA

paul

Try contacting Consumer Affairs & I think there is an Insurance Ombudsman who will act if they ignore your written requests. The manager may have gone off "sick" [due to "overwork"!] Request his underlings help you, & refer them to this widely read product review site, which is giving them even more bad reviews, & losing them LOTS of business!

Dave Thomson

Thanks Paul so disgusted with the level of unacceptable service I WILL be cancelling my policy I dont need a company that treats its customers in such a bad way, thanks for your reply mate its very much appreciated and a whole lot more than APIA did.....

Wayne C.

Wayne C.asked

Accidentally broke my back window today. It's going to cost me $375.00 how much can I claim for? [Name and Number Removed] Thank you.

paul

The insurance co. will tell you. Why dont you ASK them? I believe you can claim the full amount, LESS any excess YOU have chosen.

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives