APIA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (2)
GFW

GFWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service Excellent

Discussed comprehensive car insurance renewal this morning. Achieved a very good renewal quote. Excellent Lady customer service person. I have been an Apia customer for many years and will remain so.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
New Customer

New Customer

Sloppy, slow and slack.

I was charged twice when I had to renew my green slip. Over two weeks have passed and it is still not sorted. After 4 calls and unreasonable wait times, I have now been advised I have to show proof of the payments, even though it was confirmed with my bank. I requested to be contacted and updated regarding this issue, but that is too much to ask of Apia. I have experienced lack of communication before, and that is why I moved my other two policies over to another seniors company. The customer service there is exemplary.

Denis Brady

Denis BradyGippsland, VIC

Quick and easy to set up

I found the whole process of taking out the policy to be hassle free.The policy was set up within a few minutes and is good value for money.I would recommend Apia to others.

Keith

KeithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best service ever

Our car was subject to a no fault carpark collision. We submitted the claim on line and received an immediate assessment date and booking. The whole process was seamless and ultra quick through Capital Smart. Well done Apia, this is how business should be done.
Our newly repaired vehicle was even delivered back to our home free of charge !

Nina

NinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

VERY IMPRESSED

Having to deal with APIA on behalf of my elderly parents over the past few years, I have had such fantastic customer service with every staff member that I have dealt with. They were friendly, easy to deal with and compassionate.

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Apia stole my car by constantly reducing the agreed value

Jayantha

JayanthaSydney, NSW

Handling of my claim

Extremely disappointed that Apia disregarded my version and even the photo I submitted.Despite several discussions I felt badly treated and let down by APia.THey just would not listen.very sad that they treat their clients so badly

Wayne Burgess

Wayne Burgess

Very disappointed

I have had comprehensive car insurance and house and contents insurance with APIA for quite a few years and have never made a claim. I was surprised and disappointed when I received my car insurance renewal notice and found it had gone up by 14.9% while the agreed value went down. APIA was over $150 dollars more than the online quote from another company for comparable cover with a much higher agreed value. When I phoned APIA i was only offered a $40 discount. So very disappointed. Might need to switch companies for House and Contents insurance as well.

Miriam

MiriamNew South Wales

Claims handled very poorly

I live in a semi-rural area, near a medium sized city. My car was caught up in a recent flood a fortnight ago. Others in the area, with a different insurer, have had their claims finalised and are now driving their new cars. My car was in a holding yard for over a week and the claim is still not finalised and nobody tells me what is happening. Do not use this insurer if you don't live in a major city.

Find out how APIA Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Neighbours address is cheaper!

My car insurance with Apia is due for renewal. I decided to change the amount insured so went online to compare different insured amounts. To my horror I accidentally typed my neighbour’s house number and found the quote was $60 p.a. cheaper than my house number, so I tried the house number across the road and it was even cheaper. Why???? I rang Apia and they could give no explanation other than it happens.

Brock

BrockCairns

36% price jump for moving house

Moved house from Far North Qld to Nambour on the Sunshine Coast and the insurance jumped 37% on our car. Nobody at Apia could explain why. Spent nearly an hour on the phone and cancelled the insurance as all three other companies we contacted were cheaper. This company is not helping retirees, in fact quite the reverse

Ziad

ZiadSydney, NSW

Worst insurance

Howdy

HowdySomerton

New insurance

Just changed to APIA for my car insurance, half price of my old one. Thanks for the savings, easy to set up and great customer service. Look forward to many years of service.

swamprat96

swamprat96

Good price way cheaper with a reasonable excess

Very simple to set up, great price and good extras. It's the second vehicle I've switched to APIA. Will be interesting to see the renewal next year and hope it stays a similar price

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Ciao Telstra !

Ciao Telstra !PERTH

Hilarious Ripoff

I'm 55 - unblemished driving record - got a quote online and it was over $200 more expensive than other insurers. So don't be an over 55 sucker and believe you are getting a discount with this mob !!! AVOID !!!

Simon

SimonGold Coast

APIA are for themselves..NOT Pensioners

Robert Rath

Robert RathSydney

APIA were easy to deal with, delivered what they promised. I am very impressed

I am a relatively new APIA customer and found their prices competitive, the service very good, no fuss and good followup.
I plan to convert all my insurance to them over time.

ANOTHER UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

NEVER DEAL WITH THESE SCAMMERS!!! Brand new car worth $37,800 with under 300kms was rear ended 4 days after purchase date with minimum $26,000 worth of damage including the chassis which voids all my 7 year warranty so instead of a replacement vehicle they want to fix it, if I wanted a second hand car I would have bought one! They go against what you as the customer want! Lawyers are getting involved to solve this matter because they’re too incompetent to do so professionally! Spread the word and go with any other company!!!

Scarlett

16% increase in premium is excessive

paul merrett

paul merrettasked

Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David

Davidasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Jo Anthony

Jo Anthonyasked

Car Insurance

I have had an accident and I have paid to have a replacement car while mine is getting fixed how long is this for is it until mine is fixed or a limited

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance

Compare all 3 APIA Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $90 per day for unlimited days

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to 21 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, for Fire & Theft only
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 10 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to a total of $1,000 (combined with Child Seats / Prams)Not IncludedIncluded up to a total of $1,000 for Fire & Theft only
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage