Apple Store Australia

Apple Store Australia

Online store and Physical store

See the Best Electronics & Computing Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Thank you.

Thank you to Carita, Alex and Lucas at Chadstone yesterday for their consideration, expertise and assistance.
A great, friendly team .
I appreciate your generosity and listening ear.
Good to see such a positive, friendly staff.

Give It Up For Apple!

I personally found the Apple Online Store easy to navigate and it provided more than enough information to make a well informed decision. The range of products available for purchase is phenomenal.
I suggest if you're in the market for anything Apple and you can't make it to your nearest store, then jump online immediately. The shipping costs are quite reasonable and the tracking available is peace of mind.
I got an awesome deal on my new iPhone & matching case thanks to the team at Apple and I was kept informed of the progress of my order & shipment via text msg and email every step of the way.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone XR

Bad service Garden City Apple Store

Unfortunately I was waiting for my 3:50pm appointment till 4:30pm. All the clients in the table were served and I waited patiently. Then a friend happened to rock up and I said you have to wait for a bit when he asked. He was served within 2 minutes. I said to him while another staff member was there if I don't get served soon I would have to buy a google pixel instead of the iphone XS if they cant serve me soon and if my current iphone cannot be potentially fixed. So no one came for another 10 minutes and a new client came in to my table and got served within a minute. Said to my mate had to go to get a new phone urgently before the day finishes and left to JB Hi fi and got the google pixel 3 - an AWESOME PHONE! Not sure if its discrimination or just bad service there but would like to think the latter. Im sure steve jobs wouldn't appreciate that sort of terrible service guys.

Store LocationGarden City
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Extremely Inferior and unreliable Product. Abusive and Absurd service to scare customers away.

A near new iPhone (cost $1000) broke, no screen at all.

Store assistant refused to fix and refused to provide the escalation path to complaint within iPhone

When I asked for her name for legal action, she refused to write it down, claimed that she sent it to my email (which is obviously never received) and instantly refused to provide service to me.

The Technical Support line is what they referred to as legal dept which is misleading.

Products and services from the 10 dollar shops may have been more reliable and trustworthy.

Store LocationMiranda
I officially requiest Apple Australia to apologize for the wrong doing of their staff. and I also call upon all other Apple customers to have a collective legal action against the inferior quality and post sales service of the more than expensive Apple products.,

Hearing disabled support non exsistant!

Replaced my damaged iphone with a new one and required support to access hearing apps to be able to hear(communicate).
Spent ages on the phone only to be hung up on.
Still can not access hearing apps that support my hearing disability, I am in tears!

Bad service

Don’t get your phone fix here,
I was told to pick up at 3:40 waited extra 1hour until repair finished
You have to keep going back to ask the staff for updates every 15mins

Store LocationSydney

Worst Customer Service Ever! Frustrating

Apple Store City SYDNEY NSW
Worst customer service, iPhone 8 $1100 yet if you crack screen it’s not fixable due to glass. Apple refused to do anything... only alternative is to buy a new phone! You make an appointment at the “ Genius Bar” then they keep you waiting over an hour!

No exchange new watch strap unopened

Apple staff could NOT exchange a brand new unopened watch strap bought in the USA - I just wanted a different colour than the gift that I was given ! Very inflexible

Store LocationChatswood
Product PurchasedApple Watch strap

Apple Robina Store Staff are Con Artists.

I book my iPhone 6 plus in the above store for new battery, the sales-man tried to sign me up a new phone before we we even started. The phone came on then they took it away for testing , came back with some Jargon about it not worth replacing. I went to a local dealer & replaced the battery for $10 cheaper & it works fine now. BE WARNED...Do not go there !

Store LocationiPhone 6 from Apple . via vodafone.

Upsetting and frustrating

Bought iPad mini cellular from George street Apple store. Forgot my iCloud password and the phone number, couldn’t log in. The serial no. of the receipt I have and the serial no. of the product doesn’t match. Called tech support twice. Was told to go to the store to solve the matter. Took Genius Bar app. When I went there the employee who served was not nice and had attitude. Everything was I can’t and talking to me as if I had stolen the product. Asking me to produce the receipt that I had taken the pains to physically go and get it from their store. Is it my fault that I was send the wrong receipt?

Store LocationGeorge street Apple stirey
Product PurchasedApple iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular

'Genius' Bar customer service terrible

I made appointments twice and the "Genius" staff cannot diagnose that only SATA cable is broken. Only cost me $17 to fix. They wanted to replace logic board for $760.

Total quality service.

After experiencing screen issues with my iPhone I made an appointment with the Genius Bar. Within 10 minutes I was served. The Apple rep saw my issue and took full responsibility for my screen issue. They took my phone then and there for repairs. I went and got some lunch. When I returned my phone wasn’t quite ready so I joined in on one of the classes running in store. So I now can use the Clips app with ease and had my phone repaired and returned in under 2 hours.

Store LocationApple Store Charlestown NSW.
Product PurchasedApple AirPods

Poor customer Service

A staff member was asked to help me with a macbook pro and to answer some questions I had when I went in this store today. I was told he was an "expert in computers". He turned out to be very condescending and rude when he was replying to my questions. Originally I placed an order with him to buy a computer but after his rudeness I cancelled my order and walked out. I confronted the manager and he seemed nice but his staff are the gate to this company. To me, they are Apple.

Store LocationThe Apple Store Rundle Mall Adelaide South Australia
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Disgraceful new iphone 8+ fault resolution by the world's richest Company...

I received a brand new iphone 8 plus phone which I had purchased via the Qantas store, but noticed during setup that there was a significant issue with the display, with 5 pixels being faulty (always off). So I took the phone into the Adelaide Apple store and spoke to a so called "genius", who fully agreed that the phone was faulty and should be refunded or replaced. Problem was though, that they gave me the runaround by insisting that I take the matter up with the Qantas store, despite them having available replacement stock and being the actual manufacturer. They also tried to fob me off by offering a "remanufactured" phone as a replacement for my 1 day old unit, which I refused. It is my understanding that under the Consumer Laws of 2010 either the retailer or the manufacturer can be asked to remedy a fault in a new item, at my option. So now I am forced to waste time messing around with the Qantas store, going to post offices to return the item, and waiting another week for a resolution. I will be reporting this matter to the ACCC as I don't believe Apple are legally correct in treating customers in this manner.

Store LocationAdelaide Apple Store
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedApple iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Customer Service on the phone has gone overseas and is appalling.

They don't know the basics in there, then what hope have we got when we have serious problems with our computers. First person had no idea, second person hung up on me and didn't even understand me or English, the third had no idea how to sort it out...and I'm still left without having fixed the problem. I was just about to buy another iPhone product but changed my mind. Apple makes so much money and can't even offer the right service afterwards???

Not a good experience.

Whilst the Apple AU online store is easy to use, my saved shopping bag was erased so I had to re-stock that first. All the items I looked at said "next day delivery" if ordered before 2 or 4pm, including the iMac.
Upon checkout and payment, I find that the accessories will come next day and the iMac in up to Eight Days! Well, it is the night of next day and no accessories so I am wondering when the hell the iMac is going to arrive. They also use Startrak who are Aust Post and will deliver to a post box but Apple won't accept a PO box. Still, I can choose to collect it from my post office where my box is, just not from the box.
Annoying poor effort from a trillion dollar company. I'll buy from a non-apple retailer in the future.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasediMac & accessories.

I can’t knock Apple

I’ve been an Apple customer for 7 years and have found their products to be first class. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iPad gen 6, iPhone 8, iPhone 6 Plus and an Apple Watch gen 3. All have given me great satisfaction. On the rare occasion that an issue arises Apple Online Support are a great help and if the issue can’t be resolved with an online chat, they make an appointment for me to visit the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store. They even email the details straight away. The Genius Bar is just fantastic. Which other hardware tech company offers that service? I’ve found the extras that Apple offers to be well worth the premium I paid upfront for the hardware. Originally when I bought my first Windows laptop before I switched to Apple I found that the platform was in a constant battle against viruses and malware. While Mac OS X & iOS are not perfect the difference is very noticeable, a security update once every six to eight weeks or so instead of one or two updates a week for Windows, it may have changed over the years. To be honest I have better things to think about than my computer getting a virus or worse before the next update.
The Apple Stores are always very busy butI find that reassuring, Ive noticed that some people just want to go and hang out. Apple do classes for adults & children, I believe they are free, now that’s going the extra mile! I have always found the team members to be knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant, even without the prospect of a sale.
To be honest I’m looking forward to my next MacBook purchase. My 2012 model is getting a bit slow but after 7 years, I expect that. I must admit I’ll miss the inbuilt super drive.
Recently I had my iPad 6 replaced under warranty as the antenna cover cracked. The Genius Bar appointment was on time, took less than 10 minutes and I walked out of the Broadway Store with a brand new iPad 6, no questions asked. That is customer service!
My experience with Apple over the years has always been positive, I think the product and the follow up service (in or out of warranty) if needed to be excellent. Unlike some tech companies Apple don’t just take your money and run. Apple stands by all its products and that makes a big difference when needed.

Store LocationBondi & Broadway
Warranty Claim MadeYes

Poor issue resolution

I had paid for a 3 month apple music membership, however one month in I decided to move to Spotify. Having cancelled the payments for Apple Music subscription, they decided to cancel my membership also (even though the following two months were paid for). I emailed Apple to have this resolved and they asked for my payment numbers etc. They ended up handing me onto the next consultant, and then the next consultant again. My issue was never resolved. These issues are not something the customer should be having to chase up. I would not recommend Apple as their customer service is very dissatisfying.

Poor customer service

When I scheduled my time to go and visit apple store for device damage assessment, Tech genius who attended me was disrespectful by not listening to my need. I need a letter from apple for my insurances claim but the Tech genius wording was so poor and refused to listened to my advise.
She wanted to say the damage in the product is minor. To me, regardless it is minor or not, she shouldn’t say “only cosmetic and not effecting the functionality”. I was so upset with the word “only”. To her it is only cosmetic, but to me it is not and I’m annoyed by the cosmetic damage on the screen. Even though at the end she took the word “only” out, but the treatment i had was very disrespectful. I’m very disappointed with apple tech genius named Steph.

Store LocationApple store chadstone

Haphazard billing

I purchased several books/audiobooks through my iPad's Apple Book Store on 9/6. So far (15/6), only 1 of these purchases appears on my Paypal account. I find this happens every time I made multiple purchases of books from Apple Book Store. Sometimes it takes weeks for all of the purchases to appear on my Paypal account. It seems that when I purchase books in future, I will need to keep a manual record of the purchase amounts so I can check that I have been billed for them. I can see my recent book purchases (for download), but there is no record of how much I actually spent on each item. Therefore, tracking purchases is impossible. Apparently, the Apple Book Store has been updated recently, but the ability to track purchases is not included.

Product Purchasedibooks