Apple Store Australia

Apple Store Australia

Online store and Physical store

Doncaster Apple store refused to help us and had no manager to attend.

Doncaster Apple store; got no help for my faulty/unsafe phone now on several occasions and each time had witness with me too. Just yesterday, store had no manager and refused to give manager details. Advised them that we will seek help from ACCC! They did not care and abused me as well as my pregnant wife.

Negative feedback

I bought recently iphone but got an accidental screen demage. I visited on apple care site and check for the repair service. I checked that two free accidental demage repair in only 45$ of service fees, was active for my iphone. I called to the near by apple care service they said me that you have to pay just 45$ as repair service in warranty is active for this model. I visited to the store but they asked me to pay 420$ and said that they cannot cover this screen damage in that repair service. They told me everything opposite to the information availble on apple care site. They just misguide meand waste my a lot time. I am so dissatisfied with the service of applecare. I am so disappointed with the serviceas they mislead me first and they deny to give service to me as per policy.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone X

Lazy, unskilled, hopeless and money hungry

5 visits to the also called Genius Bar
Each time given bad advice which did not fix my issue
Wasted my time each and every time
Staff are smug, lazy and just want to up sell you to buy a new product
They lie, contravene Australian consumer laws
Apple has got too much money because fools keep supporting them by buying their products. Android is much cheaper and just works
Why do you think the Apple Stores are so busy?
Because of constantly failing devices, which are over priced
A total waste of time and money

Product PurchasedApple iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Apple rip off

Took my 3 month old iPhone XR to apple store after the back glass was shattered through no fault of mine.
I was told it would be $618.00 to repair the back glass casing. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to put a glass casing on the back of a mobile phone really has to be questioned. Absolutely refused to pay that.
Took it to The Mobile Phone Drs they are only going to charge $295.00 to do the same thing as apple with genuine parts and a warranty as well..
Not happy with the Apple product, service nor their customer service.
Think twice before buying Apple again.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone XR

Poor Customer Services

Went to Apple West Field Fountain Gate Vic. to checked my iPod. The guy said, can’t fix, need to replace I agree. He said, he send someone to talk to me. It’s been long mins. I waited, more than 20 mins. nobody came. I told the guy, he said he gonna send someone. Lady came and said to me I’m going to sit in another table. I was waiting again there. Someone came with a new iPod, I paid. Supposed to be they’re the one who restore my backup in my new iPod. The guy just teach me what to do, then he’s gone. I did to myself. Luckily, there was a lady nearby with customers that I was asking if I’m doing ok and she helps me too. I saw some customers services not doing anything. Nobody come to ask me if I’m doing alright. They just ignore me. I was in apple 1:30pm and I was finished already 3:45pm. I was really upset. I thought customers services are good, helpful, attentive to their customers. But, apple customer services are not. This is my bad experienced in apple.

Like our apple products

Appreciate the apple product, design and service. Had really good experiences once you get to speak to someone at apple.
Wife was happy to pay a bit extra for apple and in hindsight no regrets!

We have apple phones and a macbook.

Total failure and time waster

Apple shatters customer service , I went to trade in my iPad mini after receiving a great email about the new one just launched. I come in to buy and offer my old one to trade in only to be told they need to see ID, absolutely I say and continue showing on my iPhone my drivers lic and passport .
I am than told they only except a physical copy. #kane the manager is incapable of realising the insanity of this . I have given more proof of ID and no he demands a plastic card with statements like we sell it to some other company ..... like I care
#apple#ipadmini# George st Apple store#terribleservice# time wasters

Product PurchasedApple iPad mini 2

Poor customer service from Apple Sydney

My 16 month old iPhone 8 Plus has very poor battery performance, when i went to Apple in Sydney (George St) I was told to reset the phone to factory settings and not restore from my backups. I said that is a lot of work on my part when replacing the battery worked for me. I had a follow up appointment a few days later, reset the phone as requested battery life is now worse. Apple has walked away from their product and left me with a degraded phone. Very poor product and very poor experience. I suggest people buy Samsung.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 8 Plus

Apple Highpoint service

I had my appointment with Apple genius bar today at 7:20pm, I was not able to come in time and arrived late 10 minutes. They told me my appointment had been cancelled and advised for me to wait and someone will come see me. I waited quite awhile and eventually someone came see me around 8:10pm. The employee eventually helped me and said my iphone 7's audio component is not worth fixing and asked me to wait for his colleague to assess the value of my phone, for a store credit or exchange for a new phone. I continued waiting and the time is now 8:50pm, fed up I leave without my issue resolved.

Customer service was non existent and wait time was way too long. They are very quick to serve you if you want to buy their products, however once you have issues, you are not their number one priority.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 7 128GB

Iphone replaced after issues carindale store very helpful staff

I had an iphone issue booked online and went in store, was served very quick as per my meeting time, customer service was great helped me and was very reasonable with the price. Have replacement phone now no issues very happy.

Apple online MacBook Pro

Never buy any device over Apple online! My MacBook Pro had a issue until it got replaced it took 1 month, then the trouble started with getting the money refunded. After Apple online has the device it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get the money back!!! It will go back to a bank account not credit card. If you need a computer and have to wait to buy one, you have to fork out the money yourself again, until you receive the refund....Apparently its easier if you go to the store and buy your device in Store. If any issue/s arise you get your refund faster....meaning you can replace your device faster.

Product PurchasedApple MacBook Pro

Website can be misleading

Beware what you read on their website - it might say the price you pay for a pair of wireless headphones is $0 when you are buying a macbook pro but your invoice will show that you have paid $395.99 for the headphones but got the computer for less - this can have an impact on the taxable amount you can claim for work/business tools. The company response is "in the T&C it says" - usually not as large or as prominent as the "free" or "zero cost" section for the headphones. Dept of Fair Trading are equally toothless.

Product PurchasedMacbook pro

Frustrating waste of time!

Apple Store - Penrith NSW
I successfully replaced a bad battery in wife’s IPad Air 2, in fact it seems just as strong as my newish 6 month old IPad Pro!
Since this worked so well I replaced a dying battery in her iPhone 6S Plus, frustratingly I ended up with 2 dud ones bought on line. She had enough so it was time to get a new good quality battery this time, avoiding on line sellers.
After an unsuccessful visit to a local repair kiosk I decided it best to go to an Apple direct.
So today drove 45 mins to Apple Store at Penrith. You have to talk to 2 staff before anyone even takes the back off the phone! Then fill in time for 2.5 hrs....
Did I get a new battery? NO! Couldn’t get the old one out I was told “too dangerous for our techs...batteries can catch on fire you know!” I said “well I took the original dud one out so why couldn’t they? I put the last one in the same as the first one” However they were more than happy to sell me a refurbished phone for $590! And guess what..they wouldn’t sell me a replacement battery either!
So not happy at all, I am sure they thought I was stupid & would fall for this trick!
Procedures are more important than customer service/retention! We have 4 Apple devices & now they are pushing us away...So after wasting a day at Apple Penrith I am now back dealing with aftermarket suppliers, no wonder Apple are losing market share!

Update: A few hours after I wrote the above review I opened up the iPhone & without too much trouble carefully pryed the old battery out without damaging it. Annoyingly it was quite clear they didn’t even try! I can confirm the battery has not exploded nor has my house burnt down....

Unsubscribe from AAPTIV APP

Unsubscribe from AAPTIV APP

I wish there was a -10 rating button! They are stealing from people by not adding an “unsubscribe link”! It is $22.49 a month or $139.99 per year!

I am also disappointed in APPLE for actually promoting and hosting this app on the Apple platform as this is stealing from innocent people.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Unable to get simple question answered/extend ring tone without contacting carrier; Iphone 10/xr red

The query; how to find out quickly and easily where to get instructions to change ring length time (from 10secs to 30secs) prior to it going to voice mail i.e. online.
Apple care Issue; after lengthy security verification, providing the IME number (15 digits long + letters) and waiting for over 15 minutes and being told up to one dozen times "I will try and resolve that now for you by checking my resources" I was unsuccessful in resolving the issue, because....
Apple care advised, after the lengthy security verification and wait that ......"you will need to contact your phone carrier (Telstra Australia) as there are no settings on your phone that will allow you to do it otherwise".
Suggested Resolution; Apple care rep should have been trained and been able to advise me to contact my carrier without the lengthy wait and/or provide a setting on phone to allow the desired ring length duration. This was a very basic query and one that should have been answered without fuss and delay.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone XR

Hipsters and lies

Sons school laptop has caps lock permanently on now. Took it to Apple store in Southland, negotiated past the hipsters with the whatever attitudes to speak to a technician at the 'genius' bar and was advised it was under warranty so there would be no cost. After a week, someone rang and advised it was due to liquid damage and I would have to now pay for repairs. Is there any liquid in it? No. Are the repairs any different now you suspect there is liquid damage? No. So, some indicator was on in the machine, there is no difference to the repair, no liquid or liquid damage in the laptop, and no guarantee your own staff didn't do it. Spoke to a 'Senior Manager' Stephen Cole who basically advised to pay for it or go elsewhere.

Excellent after service. Extremely happy with Apple

Since I’ve owned Apple products which goes back to the first iPhone my experiences with warranty service has been phenomenal. 3/4 were out of warranty and Apple fixed it completely free. Very helpful and patient staff.

DIY Apple - Worst customer service ever

I was informed by Apple in late-2018 that the customised MacBook Pro I bought mid-2018 had a manufacturer's fault that needed to be fixed. So I booked a Genius Bar at Bondi Junction, NSW Australia in for them to fix it.
The guy there set me up, told me it'd take about 30 min & to come find him when it was done & walked off. He didn't once come back to check, I had to go & find him & he was slow to come back. Then I find out there's another 30+ minutes, this time he tells me to ask "anyone" what to do next. When I do ask the girl next to me she's abrupt & walks off to find someone, who doesn't come for quite a while. I'm seriously annoyed by this point, and ask the Store manager's name & whereabouts. She tells me it's [name removed] & she spoke with him & he's sorting it. Well [name removed] not sorting it!! because he's delivering Apple Customers a very poor calibre of staff who have atrocious customer service skills
This is a long and very boring story I'll spare you the rest, but the facts are this...Apple did not provide "customer service" at all for a manufacturer's fault. I'm unhappy about that and also that I had to spend time & money to have their manufacturer's fault fixed.
I'm unhappy that Apple did not inform me, their customer, either in writing or at the store how long the process would take, instore AND the 8+ HOURS to re-install at home. I am very unhappy with Apple Bondi Junction staff and their very poor customer service, especially compared to the Chatswood or King St stores, both of which I've had excellent dealings with over the years.
The Bondi Junction store really isn't up to the calibre we Customers expect from Apple, they give Apple a BAD NAME, Apple Bondi Junction's a Bad Apple, and you remember what the old proverb says about "One Bad Apple...." Now ain't that the truth!!!

Very Impressed!

I went into the store due to my phone not allowing me to hear when I received or made phone calls. I spoke to an Andrew who was lovely and really helpful. Unfortunately due to the nature of my issue it was no easy fix so he issued me a new iPhone 7 for free! My warranty which was 2 months out also was restarted from that day for a whole 1 year! I was not expecting that outcome, I thought I was going to be up for a few hundred dollars in repairs! Very happy and very impressed!!

Worst customer service

I was waiting for 40 minutes to get technician to show faulty I phone .
But they never booked me in somehow . After 40 minutes waiting , I asked that how long need to wait more . And they found they never checked me in ! I went home with faulty phone . Worst customer service in the world !! When they make mistakes they never admit anything instead they blaming each other !! Never respect customer!

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 6 32GB