Apple Watch Series 3

GPS, GPS + Cellular (See All)
See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Apple? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Simple to use
Accurately monitors health metrics
Has all essential functions

• Battery Life

JoshAtticus-reviews
JoshAtticus-reviewsPerth, WA

SOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN KOGAN

Purchased in February 2022 at Officeworks for $298.

TT57
TT57Melbourne

Great watch.

I owned a few Fitbit watches before deciding to switch to Apple Watch and it is a world difference. Very convenient if you also use an iPhone to sync all the apps and notifications.

Only trade off is it has a much shorter battery life compared to Fitbit.

Purchased in December 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $280.

random john
random johnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No issue. Good watch. A bit pricy for me

I have no issues using the apple watch. it's very convenient and lightweight. Battery-life is amazing. I get to use it for a whole day. no connection issues. It's just pricy but overall great quality

Navpreet Singh
Navpreet SinghGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst experience

I bought series 3 Apple Watch 2018.

After 3 years of using it, all of a sudden it stopped turning on. While turning it on, it stucks at apple logo.

Took it to apple store, and they told me it’s not repairable. Need to pay $350 to get it replaced.

Paid nearly $600 for a watch which can work only for 3 years was my biggest mistake.

Please make sure about the life expectancy of the watch before spending so much of money on a watch.

Very disappointed.

Purchased in April 2018 at Apple Australia.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Apple Watch Series 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

elle
elleSydney, NSW

Amazing no regrets

I was a little hesitant with reviews saying the battery life isn’t that good etc etc. but I’m glad I went ahead and made the purchase. I didn’t want cellular or anything too advanced. Hence why I went for the S3. It does everything I need it to. It’s good as I can still answer calls, respond to messages and receive other notifications when my phone is near. It is comfortable to wear, the style is sleek and simple, and it’s super easy to navigate and use. The battery life actually isn’t too bad! I recommend!

Purchased in February 2021 at Officeworks for $250.

Margie
MargieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Walking outdoor goal intensity requirement.

Exercise intensity level should be changeable!! I wanted the motivation to reach activity goals but I am not moving fast enough for my exercise to record. 45min walk no result!!

Purchased in July 2021 at Harvey Norman.

Steeva
SteevaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent watch

Been using this watch for few years now and it’s an excellent watch. The watch warned me few times about my resting heart rate been too high and I checked this with my GP and after some tests, I’m now on medication for high BP and cholesterol.
I never had any issues with my watch so far, although it’s waterproof I don’t wear it in the shower.

Purchased in November 2017 at Apple Store Australia.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Sam A.
Sam A.South East Queensland, QLD

Defective and now being returned

Waited weeks for watch. actually thought that it was lost. arrived 2 days ago. Watch would not turn on it gets extremely hot when changing. First time not impressed. Sorry

Purchased in August 2020 at digiDirect Online store for $348.

Janet
JanetVictoria

Total dissatisfaction

This is the second Apple Watch I have had, both have died, out of guarantee. The cost to repair is to high, almost better to buy a new one. I love Apple and only have Apple products but I will never buy another Watch, very very disappointed...

Purchased in July 2018 at Apple Physical store.

Sean R.
Sean R.Sydney, NSW

great to have

got this watch for my wife and she is loving itspecially for exercise. she pays $10mthlt for the e-sim and very convenient that she does not need to bring her phone when she jogs.

Purchased in October 2018 at optus for $700.

Nirbas B.
Nirbas B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Veey handy

it is very useful to tract our health record like heart rate, pulse etc. Bluetooth makes easy to check phone calls and received messages. We dont need to talk on phone if driving or working as we can talk on this watch. Althouugh it says 18 hours of battery life but we still have to charge everyday which is really annoying for me. Water resistance to 50 metres. Good smart watch.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.

Honest AF
Honest AFGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect function with iphone

Bought mainly as an activity tracker for my iphone.
Works great with all these features.
Makes tracking exercise easy.
Very hand for getting quick notifications for most apps.
Only downside is that it doesn't work with gmail app.

ish mul
ish mulsydney

Great product

I use this watch everyday to track my exercise and movements goals. Gps and heart rate monitor function is excellent. Battery life is also good. Absolutely love the watch and very happy with it.

Purchased in December 2019.

Jess
Jess

Added protection - I love it!

Where do I start? I LOVE this watch! I can make an emergency call if needed - which is handy in my line of work. It has also helped immensely with providing my heart specialist a report on my heart activity! I can change music, get directions when I driving, entertain babies with moving toy story characters - the possibilities are endless!!

Purchased in May 2018 at Apple Online store for $599.

Chloe
ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD

LIFE SAVER!

I use this watch everyday and don't know how I lived without it. It has all the features anyone would need. I would recommend anyone interested in buying a watch to buy an Apple Watch Series 3. IT IS A LIFE SAVER!

Purchased at Apple Physical store.

POB
POBasked
Watch Series 3

Not sure from details but does this device measure/monitor blood pressure in any way?

No, it does not measure blood pressure. The Apple Watch Series 6 and later can measure blood oxygen.

Tiffany J.
Tiffany J.asked

Have your heartbeat

Thomas Family
Thomas Family

Yes you can monitor your heartbeat

mtia1019
mtia1019asked
Watch Series 3

In Australia for cellular to work would I be able to just use me prepaid phone or do I need a mobile plan?

Jim Allen
Jim Allen

The three tethers off your photo be plan whether it is ore or post paid. It doesnt need its own plan.

Foxie
Foxie

Yes with either Vodafone Telstra or Optus. There is no prepaid that offers Apple Watch plans.
Or you can just use your watch without the esim activated

Features:

• The Apple Watch Series 3 lets you track your movement, exercise, and standing time, so you can accurately see how you’re working out - it gives you the exact fitness metrics you need, right down to the decimal.
  • It’s also splashproof, swimproof, and surfproof, so you can wear it on all kinds of adventures.
  • You can call and text from this smart watch, as well as use Apple Pay, so you don’t need to take your phone when you’re on a walk or run.
  • The watch can be connected to your iPhone and your Mac, letting you ping your phone to see where it is, as well as unlock your laptop by wearing your watch.
  • A Sleep app, guided mindfulness, heart health notifications, and the ability to track your menstrual cycle on the watch make it great at keeping an eye on and promoting your health and wellbeing.
  • You can customise your watch with a variety of wrist straps - there’s something for everyone.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the smart watch was easy to use, with reviewers praising the illumination feature that made it simple to read at any time.
  • They also found that the watch was accurate in tracking and monitoring their exercise and health metrics.
  • Reviewers appreciated how this Apple watch had all the essential functions they needed, such as GPS, Apple Pay, and the ability to call and text (including emergency services).
Compare both Apple Watch Series 3
CategorySmart Watches / Fitness TrackersSmart Watches / Fitness Trackers
Price (RRP) $319.00$469.00
ConnectivityBluetooth, GPS and Wi-Fi4G, Bluetooth, GPS and Wi-Fi
Display TechnologyOLEDOLED
Voice AssistantNoneNone
SensorsAccelerometer, Altimeter, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light SensorAccelerometer, Altimeter, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light Sensor
InterfaceTouchscreenTouchscreen
LoudspeakerYesYes
WaterproofingWater ResistantWater Resistant
Memory (RAM)0.768 GB16 GB
Internal Storage 16 GB
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Construction MaterialCeramicCeramic
Colour / FinishSilver, Space GreySilver, Space Grey
Replaced byApple Watch Series 4Apple Watch Series 4
Compare both Apple Watch Series 3
  • GTIN13: 0190198509598
  • GTIN12: 190198508584, 190198509420, 190198513465, 190198516244 and 190198806659
  • MPN: MQKW2X/A