Appliance Central

Appliance Central

See the Best Appliance Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Stay Away!!

Terrible customer service and experience with this seller, would not use again! We purchased a TV and the picture was terrible, it gave my wife and I headaches and sore eyes are using for 30 mins. The seller requested we pay $400 to take the TV back, what a joke. Their attempt to get some money out of us and avoiding customer laws in Australia. Thankfully the eBay team stepped in and I was provided a full refund after they saw our case.

Out of stock

Bought a TV on their eBay store, 2 days later they called saying this TV is out of stock, offered ex-display, asked me if I would consider other brands. I decided to cancel that order. Overall they were trying to resolve this issue, however there was not one single sorry has been said, no apologies. Not comfortable.

Store LocationeBay

Awful service, NEVER respond to online enquires

After sending several online request forms, pre sale and post sale, nil response. Also the transport company they use, Hunter Express, are beyond awful. Wait for a deal at a big name retailer. Giving online buying a bad name.

Great prices and fast shipment

I bought tv from their eBay store and expected delivery was 1st Feb. price was cheapest online and guess what it was delivered on exact 1st Feb. I’m impressed with their prices and shipping, will buy again for sure.

Exceptional service and lowest price

Ordered and received my new Miele vacuum on the same day! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend and buy from appliance central again in the future. My online buying experience couldn’t have been better.

Incredible Prices and Speedy Dispatch

I purchased a QLED 75” brand new TV and at an unbeatable price thanks to the Boxing Day sales. I had many queries regarding my product and it’s wherabouts so I must credit their effective communication skills.

They used Hunter Express to deliver the TV interstate (NSW to Victoria) and I received the TV in excellent condition and I trust the courier they used took extra measures to ensure they looked after the TV.

I am one happy customer and look forward to making future purchases for white goods in the near future.

Do not know the meaning of customer service

Never informed me goods were out of stock two weeks after still no word so emailed them I wanted to cancel as Harvey Norman had the rice cooker available and purchased from them but still no refund will not shop with them again.

The staff is wonderful

I went in to Appliance Central looking for a glass to put in my fridge. Coleman and the other staff members where extremely helpful. I have purchased items before n was very satisfied. The dog is also very friendly so it makes the visit very pleasant. I would recommend this store in Jackson Tn for all your appliance needs.

Delivery Disaster!

I ordered a TV from this company 2 weeks ago. It was meant to be delivered to my home a week ago, I had paid for this service. I received a call from their outsourced delivery company Hunter Express to say the TV had been delivered to their depot centre and was ready for me to pick it up - definitely not the service I had paid for! Upon contacting Appliance Central to attempt the redelivery they emailed Hunter Express to give me a call back to organise this redelivery which still hasnt occurred. I have even tried calling Hunter Express directly to organise this but keep getting redirected to a customer service dept who still has not called me.

Why am I the one organising correct delivery when I have paid for this service and I am left without a product for over a week now and it has been sitting there in the depot the whole time??

Absolutely unprofessional and bad customer service as they say they will call me back and not once has this occurred. I would not recommend buying from this rubbish company to anyone unless they want a headache over a completely simple service that other companies like Kogan don't struggle with.

Won't buy from them again

Paid the item but it was not posted even after 10 days later. This is not in line with their advertised handling and posting 1-2 business days after full payment was made. The purchased item is meant to be a birthday gift and will be meaningless if received late. Request to cancel item but no response from the seller.
Contact Ebay for assistance and eventually the order was cancelled and refund made via Paypal. I won’t be buying from them again.

Fast delivery

Ordered a tv on the 18th and received on the 22nd dispached with hunter express arrived in perfect condition. Verry happy with the sevice and had never heard of them until browsing online for best price.

2-4 day delivery took nearly a month.

I won't ever use this site again. Utterly unprofessional customer service had me doing the legwork for them trying to find my washing machine which should have arrived weeks ago. A lot of the positive reviews look like they've been written by the same person. That, combined with the dodgy guy that answers the phone here makes me certain this is some shyster ripoff reselling outfit. Never again.

Terrible Company

I purchased a TV through their website. The dispatch time is 1-2 business days. 4 Days passed, no dispatch email. I rang the company, mediocre customer service. They said "We're waiting for stock". When i purchased the TV, it said "In Stock". He said "We will contact you early next week when new stock arrives, you will be the first to know". I waited until Wednesday. No Call, no emails. I contacted them, he said "It has Been Dispatched Yesterday. I said i didn't receive any emails?. He gave me the consignment number, and within 5 minutes after the call, i received my email, saying the item has been sent. They obviously forgot to send me the dispatch email.

Avoid This Company. Buy From Somewhere Else!!!

Appliance central's deceptive sales tactics

On Monday, 7 May 2018 my 94 year old mother phoned me and told me that her heater had broken and, because there was a very cold snap predicted for the following weekend, she asked if I could buy her another heater similar to the one she already had.

So, on the Monday night I went online and found a Kambrook heater very similar in appearance and specification to her existing one at Appliance Central (AC). Their advertisement stated specifically hat the item was 'IN STOCK'. The ad also stated that the item would be dispatched the following working day (Tuesday) and be delivered to the stated address (Collaroy, in Sydney) within 1 to 3 days pf being despatched. Therefore, the item should have been delivered by Friday, at the latest.

As my mother hadn't heard back from AC by Thursday regarding the delivery, I emailed AC and they informed me that they had to specially order the heater from the manufacturer, Kambrook, and that they would check with Kambrook and let me know when delivery was expected. AT this point, I should stress that AC did not mention AT ALL that the item was a Special Order, unlike the Good Guys, who specifically disclosed this in their website advert, In fact, this is the reason why I elected to buy the heater from AC, and not the Good Guys, as I thought that by placing a special order, this would result in a delay in delivery.

As I still hadn't heard back from AC by midday Friday, I started to get suspicious about AC’s failure to contact me with delivery details. I therefore phoned Kambrook directly and after explaining the situation, they informed me that the heater mode lI had ordered from AC was OUT of STOCK and that they were not expecting any more stock soon.

I then looked at AC's website and saw that the heater I had ordered was still shown as being IN STOCK. Therefore, armed with the information I had obtained from Kambrook, I phoned AC who told me that they had actually run out of stock of that model heater THE WEEK BEFORE. I then asked why, on the Monday night when I placed my order they were purporting to have stock which would be delivered by the following Friday at the latest and, also, why they had made no mention that the heater was a special order. Further, I asked them why, given that they knew on the Monday that they had no stock, why were they still running the identical advertisement on the Friday. Their answer was simply that they had forgotten to change the web page to indicate that the item was out of stock. As AC is part of the major Betta Electrical group which has hundreds of stores throughout Australia, it seems ludicrous that an organisation with sophisticated automated ordering systems would not have detected that the heater I ordered was out of stock and that AC's website would not have changed to indicate nil stock of the heater.

As my mother is, as stated, 94 and does not tolerate the cold very well, and, given that she was expecting her new heater no later than Friday, I asked AC what other heaters they had. They informed me that they had another heater from an alternative manufacturer that had similar specifications to the one I had ordered and that they could deliver it the following Monday. Given that AC's warehouse is at Villawood, an approximate 45 minute drive to my mother's unit at Collaroy, AC didn't even offer to send the alternative to my mother on the Friday afternoon by Uber or taxi. Regardless, the alternative heater was an ugly dark grey one which was totally unlike the whitish Kambrook one which my mother wanted, as it would blend in with the light colour tones in her unit. Additionally, AC's price for the alternative heater was at least $30 dearer than other identical ones advertised on the internet. I therefore rejected AC's alternative heater.

Being incensed with AC's disgusting and unprofessional behaviour, I asked the AC to whom I had spoken to supply me with AC's Managing Director's telephone number as I wanted to discuss this matter with him. Of course, I did not receive any further response form AC. Later on the Friday afternoon, AC pulled the Kambrook heater ad from their website.

Aside from the above poor customer service, AC's method of retailing is totally illegal. By representing on their website to have stock of an item that they specifically stated would be delivered within 1 to 3 working days after the item was despatched (the day after the order was placed) and then taking orders and customers' payments when they clearly knew that they did not have stock of this item is tantamount to fraudulent misrepresentation under relevant consumer legislation and punishable.Of course, AC were also falsely leading customers to believe that they would be receiving their 'Out of Stock' item within 4 working days of placing their orders, when it was never going to arrive at all, especially since the manufacturer didn't have any stock of that item and wasn't expecting further stock in the immediate future..

It is now the weekend and I ordered another heater for my mother from Kogan, which will be delivered sometime next week. However, come Monday next week, I'll be phoning both the AC and Betta Electrical Managing Directors to explain what has ensued and ask how and why their companies are employing illegal sales tactics, and seeking explanations for such. Further, I will be following up this matter with complaints to both NSW Fair Trading and the ACCC.

This is just another example of how large companies think that they can stuff around small customers. Most people would just accept this behaviour, not complain about it and just write it off as a bad experience, but I have no intention of doing so and will be pursuing AC in the relative consumer forums.

So, if you want better, genuine customer service, use anyone other than Appliance Central.

Such fantastic service, will definitely purchase from Appliance Central again.

Ordered a new front loader washing machine on Sunday afternoon and it was delivered on Monday afternoon!
Super clear communication from their staff to organise a delivery time, great service from their courier and a fantastic price on the washer!

An absolute pleasure to deal with. We love our new washing machine.
Thank you very much from a very satisfied customer.

Worst Experience Online Ever

Purchased a Blue Ray player/pvr
SAMSUNG BD-H8500A 3D SMART 500GB BLU RAY PLAYER $320.00
Recieved a Blue Ray Player BD-H6500 $160.00
Rang the company and was told it would be sorted and the item purchased would be sent out and the other item picked up.
No Item arrived as promised, Emails are completely ignored.
No refund of difference in price.
Have since made a dispute with Paypal and contacted the ACCC.
Waiting to hear back from both parties as have given up on Appliance Central.
Steer clear.

Amazing TV for amazing price!

I purchased Hisense 55 inch Series 7 at the lowest price I could see on the web. Delivery was ready the next day (!), and the customer service phone line was friendly, helpful and responsive. The TV arrived and is incredible. I didn't realise how far TVs had come since 2005 when I bought our existing LG Plasma.....

Love our new tv

Recently purchased a Samsung 65cm tv and we are absolutely loving it! Appliance central was easy to deal with and loved the eBay promo

Impressive Price and Delivery!

I rarely write reviews, but I was genuinely impressed!
After scouring the internet for the best deal on the TV we wanted I found myself at Appliance Central. I placed an order over the Easter weekend and on the afternoon of the first business day back (Tuesday) the TV had already been delivered! Super happy! TV is perfect! And MUCH cheaper than the best price for the exact same model at the likes of Harvey Norman, Bing Lee etc... Would recommend highly!

Excellent service!

I ordered a hisense 65 inch n7 tv on Thursday night and it was delivered on Friday! Plus the tv was 200$ cheaper then any where else! Definitely recommend!