Apricus Solar Hot Water System

315ltr Tank, 250ltr Tank, 400ltr Tank

2.9

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Our unit is 6 years old. Rang Apricus because we had no hot water. They had it fixed on the same day. Great response and service. Even talked me through how to read controller and check pump.
Thank you Apricus.

Purchased in January 2015.

NotHappy JanPerth, WA

Inferior equipment, zero customer service, warranty not in their vocabulary.

Purchased in December 2013 for A$5,400.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't Buy Apricus

Installed in 2015, worked for maybe 6 months and was great until it wasn't. Have been chasing Apricus since then to provide help. Don't answer phone calls or return calls. Had some limited email responses in 2018/2019 and thought perhaps Apricus would do the right thing, but then nothing. Customer service is non existent. How do you stay in business? You have the potential for a great product but you need to back it up. I just want it to work. Please don't give me a generic response or excuses.
Respond to my emails and fix my system please.

Purchased in December 2015.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hello Rob, please send your details to australia.service@apricus.com.au for review.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Apricus Solar Hot Water System compares to other Solar Water Heaters

JUNK...CRAP...TROUBLE

After having this totally inferior system for about 10 years i feel like a sucker...what it has cost me besides buying is more than i care to print.. warranty is totally useless as the makers wish to have nothing to do with you and even threatenig leagal action to stop the truth being published.the controllers have a limited warranty and break down frequently ....do not even entertain the thought about getting one..you will regret it..shame

Purchased for A$5,000.00.

Amy

Amy

Absolute Junk

Had this installed in our new house. Worked fine for about 12 months with no booster required, then the control panel completely died and we have to use the booster every day. Rang Apricus and they said it's out of warranty, too bad. Do not buy this piece of junk from them. Would give zero stars if I could.

Purchased in November 2018.

Kmears

KmearsHunter Region, NSW

Apricus install the hot water system then you never hear from them until you ring and ask about your warranty..

Then they tell you you’ve voided your warranty by not getting the valves checked at 5 years. Where’s the after sales service? If they know your hot water tank will blow, why don’t they make that part of their service? There is no service or care factor. Won’t be purchasing from these people again. Oh and the emails don’t through, the warranty form they never receive, they don’t answer any phone calls until you press 1 for accounts!

Purchased in December 2012 for A$3,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

TRIED IT BUT GOING BACK TO DUX

Lived in same house for 30 years - Dux Hot Water System lasted 21 years! Apricus System lasted 9 years! Warranty 10 years but not honoured. You judge for yourself. We're going back to Dux.

Purchased in February 2010 for A$4,500.00.

PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Conceptually good but quality of product is so poor and warranty not backed up

I have had this system for nine years now. When it works it is good. The evacuated tubes seem very effective even in colder months. However the build quality is very poor and accordingly it does not work a lot of the time. It failed in the first few days after installation. Since then I have had three pumps, 2 controllers, tubes sliding out of their fittings and now the cylinder is leaking. When I have tried to claim under warranty they come up with all sort of conditions to avoid repairing it.

Purchased in June 2010 for A$5,200.00.

Heidi

HeidiHunter Region, NSW

Would not recommend to purchase

For a family of four, this tank has been nothing but trouble, limited warranty and the amount of items that has gone wrong is not acceptable from a 4 year old item. I totally agree with all the bad reviews and the customer service line is not much better, they are rude and I dont believe that it is true solar if the booster needs to be continuously on. Unfortunately you need a qualified plumber to fix anything that is out of warranty period, and they are few and far between and charge like wounded bulls. I would expect a new item to not have had so much go wrong with it it the first 4 years, quite a considerable amount of repairs within the 1st year (thank god that was covered under warranty). Good Luck is all I can say.

Purchased in August 2015.

JimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A waste of time and money !!

I bought a 250lt / 22 tube unit, all were installed by an Apricus recommended Licensed Plumber with the installation inspected by the Apricus supervising plumber within the first 12 months. I have had nothing but trouble with these units and recently submitted a warranty claim as the manifold has developed a leak (4 years old). Now I'm informed my warranty is void because both plumbers who inspected the units had not insulated the connection to the manifold. Apricus is a complete waste of time and money.

Purchased in September 2015 at Reece for A$3,460.00.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Thank you for your review Jim. It is outlined within the Apricus installation manual that insulation is required all the way to the manifold casing. This is required especially in frost prone areas.

Jim

No hot water in four years

Has only worked for a short time after tubes wete replaced.
System does not work in cold weather regardless of of sunshine.
Booster does not work.
It has never been hot enough to wash up.
There was a bad lot of tubes around the time of purchase.
Almost nothing is under warranty I really wish I had read these reviews before I bought this piece of junk.
Company I purchased from were going out of business and wouldn't return my calls.
I am interested in class action
Also fair trading

Purchased in November 2014 for A$4,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
Apricus Product SupportApricus

Fantastic, but only for technical people

Purchased in February 2015.

Les

LesGippsland, VIC

Problem solved

Hi I hereby fully reciprocate the last review I posted on this site in regards to my 40 tube apricus solar hot water system. I’d have to say I thought it was a total heap of crap up on my roof it’s taken nearly four years to get it sorted until the plumber showed up and told me there was a faulty batch of copper tubes inside the glass ones, since replacing those under warranty the thing is smoking free hot water no gas at all and it’s autumn loving it it’s full steam ahead from here on in go apricus

Purchased in January 2015 for A$6,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Apricus Product SupportApricus

Thank you Les. We are pleased you are experiencing optimal solar gain with your Apricus Solar Hot Water unit. Ensure your controller and pump have active power to provide frost protection.

Brendan K.

Brendan K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

10 months free hot water per year

2 to 4 people. Reheats 310 litres quickly with the 30 tubes. I do have tank water so the little grundfos circulation pump has always been flawless.
Bought in 2009, I asked the installer pjt plumbing to raise the angle of the tubes to 60 degrees for maximum winter production. Electric back up fitted.
Love it

Purchased in October 2009 at Pjt plumbing for A$5,000.00.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Perfect - we are extremely pleased you receive optimal solar output from your Apricus Solar Hot Water collector as it was designed.

Karlo

KarloKerang

Bad choice

Had a unit for less than 2 years and controller has already gone. Looked them up and they say upto 15 year warranty. Be warned this is a hav! Now im up for $500 for a new controller. I dont believe its ever worked properly looking at my gas bill. At times in business we have to except th hat our products are not upto std and then we fix and everyone wins. These guys are out of touch with warranty and would not recommend to anybody.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

It's been a PerfectSystem

I have had this system for about 8 or 9 years and have never had any problems with it ! The anode has now deteriorated and I am replacing it and cleaning out the tank and hope to get a few more years use out of it!! Love it!!! When it is time to get a new hot water tank I will definitely get the same!

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Ben

BenTamworth

Damn - wish I had reviews about hopeless warranty - same here!

3.5yr old installation in Tamworth - faulty connectors burnt out and not covered by Apricus warranty. Local Apricus service plumbers (Laser Plumbing Tamworth) failed to return 3 calls and didn't follow up - so I went with an independent plumber and sparky who were able to remedy the situation after 2weeks. Very disappointing after sales service. Apricus should coordinate repairs!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Apricus is great

Had this system for 5 years now and had only 1 problem (seems like the sensor at the bottom of the tank gets stuck on a high temp occasionally). I have the data logger as well so I can see how it is performing. I live in Sydney and can turn off the electric boost from Sept to April To get free hot water 8 months of the year.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Complete disaster

$8,000 in electricity bills, lukewarm or cold water, irrespective of fine weather. System was barely used but racked up this bill when previously annual bills were only $700. Had a manual booster so no automatic boosting but still a disaster. Had to disconnect it or risk losing the house. A financial disaster from a brand new system.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

My collector panel is a dud

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Veronica

Veronicaasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi I have had 3 x 315lt, 32 tube systems installed on my home and bnb. 2 of the systems are very noisy in the hot weather, they rumble and gurgle like a kettle with no water. They are quieter at the moment with not much winter sun in Victoria. Can you tell me the cause please? Cheers Veronica

Hello Veronica
If you would like to complete the contact us section on our website, www.apricus.com.au we can discuss this further.

Veronica

Veronicaasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi, I purchased 3x315lt, 32 tube systems, for our home and 2 Bnbs. They were installed last summer and I noticed 2 a very noisy in the hot weather, rumbling and gurgling like a kettle with not much water. I have contacted the supplier twice but have not had a response. They have not been as noisy during the winter months. Some advice and direction would be appreciated. Thanks Veronica

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hello Veronica, this sounds like you are getting Thermal Shock. Please find some information regarding this on the attached link;    https://tdrive.li/rlGLnV. Thermal Shock will not do any damage.

Lesley E.

Lesley E.asked

Solar Hot Water System

Our solar water is not working after ergon has turned off the power?
Its not tripping, there is no fault found, just no hot water now

Jim C.
Jim C.

Hi..maybe the recirculating pump has gin up ...a guess...good luck claiming warranty with these people

NotHappy Jan

More than likely, Jim C is correct. The worst part is they’ll do anything to lay blame on anyone but their inferior system and parts. Good luck.

Hello Lesley,

If you would like to perform some troubleshooting to determine if the solar is working correctly, below are components to check. There is a grey box next to, or attached to your water tank. This contains the controller and pump for the solar unit. If these are not working or have an error code, the solar will not be operational.
Remove the cover (needs both hands to unclip from the middle at the same time) to check this equipment.
Check your pump is working by disconnecting it from the controller and plugging directly into the power supply. It will whirr and vibrate if working, it is very slight so you can turn the speed dial to 3 to get a better feel. When finished turn the dial back to 1 and reconnect to the controller.
The controller should show an active display indicating temperatures for all sensors. Error codes could be as per the link: https://zdrive.li/GGf

Get an answer from our members and Apricus representatives