Apricus Solar Hot Water System

• Heating Speed
Ted Scullin

Ted ScullinSouth-East, TAS

Service

Great system, great service , Ros at Apricus back within hours with answers to my service problem, contact Phil Hniat and job done in just one day, system now running better than any time in my experience.
Most impressed.
Ted
White Beach

Great After Sales Service

After 15 years of service it was time for a new pump. Ros was very helpful and found a replacement quickly after speaking to the technical team. It arrived the next day is is back up and running.

Janine

JanineHunter Region, NSW

Love this Solar Hot Water System!

We had our 315L Glass-Lined, Mid Element Electric Boosted 30 Tube system installed 4 years ago and it hasn't missed a beat since! We only turn the booster on around 6 times a year and only when it is cloudy for more than 3 days in a row. We Love Solar Hot Water and We Love this system! I have just been in contact with Ros who answered our technical question on how many kwh's the system uses per day to run the controler and circulation pump. Got the answer the same day. Thank you Apricus for designing such a great Australian Solar product. I wish more people would get involved in utalizing the sun to heat their water and make the move away from supporting the dinosaur age of the buring of our fossil fuels.....

Purchased for $5,100.00.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Apricus Solar Hot Water System compares to other Solar Water Heaters

rude225hoRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Just found out about Glycol corrosion

Wow, I learnt about Glycol corrosion caused by the system over heating. Apparently we had too much hot water - was told by an industry expert that if the fluid in the tubes gets too hot for too long then the glycol turns to acid and will corrode any metal parts - guess what, my system had been clocked at 295 degrees C. We had plenty of regulated hot water at the tempering valve but too much heat on the roof - go figure... wish I had known that you need to change the wet liquid as it will turn corrosive from excessive heat - how hot is too hot, for solar hot water?? Turns out the tell tail sign is build up of crap inside the system.

Purchased in April 2010 at Reece.

Great after sales service

Ros was very helpful with a recent warranty claim. My system is 5 years all heat tubes were replaced after speaking with Ros and a couple of emails. Great service

Purchased in November 2015.

Household Size5 person(s)
Margaret S

Margaret STasmania

Excellent service and help

I've had the Apricus system for over 5 years and have been very pleased with it. When I had a hot water plumbing problem (not with the Apricus system itself), Ros from Apricus was extremely helpful, referred me to the best local plumber familiar with the system and arranged for Michael from Apricus to also ring me. Phillip Hniat (New Town Hobart) came quickly, sorted out the problem, and gave me excellent information and advice. Their combined action and help made a big difference to me and I'm very grateful.

Warranty claim

5yo Solar hot water was not heating the tech crew and Ros helped fault find and arranged prompt spares to rectify the problem. Excellent service recommend this company to everyone.

Purchased in November 2015 at Local Electrical & Solar Services for $8,000.00.

Big Jolly FellowSydney, NSW

Trying to contact you - Hey are you guys still in business?????

Purchased in October 2010 for $4,640.00.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi there, please could you call Amy directly on 02 5629 7834 to discuss this matter. She is waiting for your call.

Kibe1960

Kibe1960Lake Munmorah

Excellent after sales service

I had the system installed 11 years ago and the collector manifold has developed a leak. Ros from Apricus could not be more helpful. The manifold was replaced under warranty

Purchased in December 2009.

Neil H.

Neil H.Launceston, TAS

a lot of noise coming from cylinder. clanging and bubbling sound.

Had great advice over the phone from Ros. and Ben from Launceston plumbing and gas was great he found that the pump was cactus replaced that and all was well. wondering if surge protector might be a help in electrical storms.

Purchased in June 2016.

Truth Serum

Truth SerumSydney, NSW

Dodgy controller warranty

Purchased in May 2015 at Tradelink for $5,500.00.

Excellent after sales service

Purchased in October 2017 for $6,500.00.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Corroded collector manifold replaced under warranty

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Thank you for your wonderful feedback - we will be sure to let the customer service team know you are happy with the service they provided.

Great support from Apricus

I had my tank for 9 years, when I found that it was leaking and rusted I called Ros, Head Office. NSW
Ros quickly organised a replacement tank and arranged for transport. Helped me find a plumber, (Passive Plumbing) really professional bloke.
Great job, very happy.
Thanks Ros.
Wendy
Melbourne.

WoolyGoat

WoolyGoatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

WOW! What is the fuss ? Nothing but smiles here

Purchased in April 2015 at Tradelink for $4,987.00.

Excellent Customer Service

Our Apricus Solar Tank had started leaking and a replacement tank was efficiently sent to us in country NSW to be replaced.
The customer service from Ros was outstanding,she is an asset to the company and went above and beyond to ensure that our problem was solved.

Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well

Purchased in December 2014.

15 year old solar Apricus system rejuvenated

Purchased in September 2020 at Apricus Australia for $950.00.

Ian

IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My Apricus 11+ Y/O Unit back into action

My 11+ year old Apricus pump and controller for my Apricus solar-tube system was finally on the blink and Amy Sears gave excellent advice on what needed fixing, enabled me to easily order and pay for the necessary spare parts and followed up with excellent advice on a repair person, giving welcomed follow-up to ensure the tradesman arrived, ensuring too that he also had the parts that had been ordered and paid for. The work was quickly and skilfully completed by the recommended plumber, Darren Bride, who certainly knows his way around the Apricus units. I am happy to recommend both Amy and Darren for their help and service with the repairs necessary for my unit.
Ian, Glen Waverley, Vic.

Purchased in October 2009.

Household Size3 person(s)
Ton Brooks

Ton BrooksSydney, NSW

Amy Sears, A lady who is quick n the ball regarding service and Email contact.

My Apricus hotwater system packed up, after 11 years. The heat control unit was getting old. The rest of the solar unit work just fine.
Amy was very helpful regarding the knowable service she can provide. An asset to the company.
Thank you Amy.

Hi Ton,

Thank you for your review and kind words. We will make sure to let Amy know how much you appreciated the service she provided you. We are glad to hear you are happy with both the product and service we provide.

Bob

Bobasked

Solar Hot Water System

We moved into our newly constructed home 6 weeks ago. The solar water system reliably delivered a huge amount of hot water - until last Thursday. From then until now (Sunday) the water out of the tap varies from just warm to warm. During these three days, there has been periods of overcast weather/light rain and clear sky/hot weather. During the days, the max temp was between 28 - 31 degrees.

I should point out that during the first 4 weeks we occupied our new home it rained every day - all up, we received about 400mm of rain. While there were occasional sunny breaks during these weeks, there was almost continuous cloud cover. Despite that, the system delivered an over abundance of hot water and we were extremely impressed (note that during this time the electric boost was turned off). So I am concerned and confused about why the system is now only delivering warmish water despite the improved weather.

On Saturday, the controller showed the tank temp was 32 deg and the collector was running at 36 deg. Later in the day, the tank was showing 36 deg and the collector 41 deg. The pump was automatically running for periods then turning off. It seemed odd that even in cloudess direct overhead sunlight the collector temp was only 41 deg. What is the usual operating temp for the tank and the collector? Is there likely a fault somewhere in this brand new system, particularly the temp sensor in the collector?

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your enquiry - it sounds like something isn't quite right with the system. Are you able to send an email to warranty@apricus.com.au with your enquiry and either any paperwork you have for your system or a photo of the tank details found at the top of the tank? Our customer service team will be able to help figure out what the problem is and ensure you system is working correctly. If you have any queries, please call us on 1300 277 428 and press option 2.

Apricus Australia Team

Scott

Scottasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi, we have a 315 litre apricus solar hotwater system. It is 5.5 years old. Yesterday we had no hot water. We noticed that the hotwater breaker in the meter box tripped and turned off. We turned the breaker back on. We ran it over night on mains and still no hot water. The pump next to the hotwater tank in the apricus grey cover does not appear to be working. I switched it from 1 to 3 and there is no sound or vibration. Can you advise us what to do please? Scott and Jay

Hi Scott & Jay,

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your Apricus solar hot water system. Please could you contact our customer service team on 1300 277 428 (press option 2) or email us on warranty@apricus.com.au so we can run some diagnostics and provide advice on what the problem is and how we can fix it!

Apricus Australia Team

Peter

Peter asked

Hi,
I have 2 broken tubes in my system
Where in qld can i get replacements

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your enquiry. Please could you send an email to warranty@apricus.com.au with your enquiry and your location within Queensland so we can provide you with further information as to the best place to purchase replacement evacuator tubes in your area.

Apricus Australia

Get an answer from our members and Apricus representatives

Compare all 3 Apricus Solar Hot Water System