Apricus Solar Hot Water System

Apricus Solar Hot Water System

315ltr Tank, 250ltr Tank, 400ltr Tank

See the Best Solar Water Heaters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Conceptually good but quality of product is so poor and warranty not backed up

I have had this system for nine years now. When it works it is good. The evacuated tubes seem very effective even in colder months. However the build quality is very poor and accordingly it does not work a lot of the time. It failed in the first few days after installation. Since then I have had three pumps, 2 controllers, tubes sliding out of their fittings and now the cylinder is leaking. When I have tried to claim under warranty they come up with all sort of conditions to avoid repairing it.

Purchased in June 2010 for $5,200.00.

Heidi

HeidiHunter Region, NSW

Would not recommend to purchase

For a family of four, this tank has been nothing but trouble, limited warranty and the amount of items that has gone wrong is not acceptable from a 4 year old item. I totally agree with all the bad reviews and the customer service line is not much better, they are rude and I dont believe that it is true solar if the booster needs to be continuously on. Unfortunately you need a qualified plumber to fix anything that is out of warranty period, and they are few and far between and charge like wounded bulls. I would expect a new item to not have had so much go wrong with it it the first 4 years, quite a considerable amount of repairs within the 1st year (thank god that was covered under warranty). Good Luck is all I can say.

Purchased in August 2015.

JimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A waste of time and money !!

I bought a 250lt / 22 tube unit, all were installed by an Apricus recommended Licensed Plumber with the installation inspected by the Apricus supervising plumber within the first 12 months. I have had nothing but trouble with these units and recently submitted a warranty claim as the manifold has developed a leak (4 years old). Now I'm informed my warranty is void because both plumbers who inspected the units had not insulated the connection to the manifold. Apricus is a complete waste of time and money.

Purchased in September 2015 at Reece for $3,460.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Apricus Product SupportApricus

Thank you for your review Jim. It is outlined within the Apricus installation manual that insulation is required all the way to the manifold casing. This is required especially in frost prone areas.

Jim

No hot water in four years

Has only worked for a short time after tubes wete replaced.
System does not work in cold weather regardless of of sunshine.
Booster does not work.
It has never been hot enough to wash up.
There was a bad lot of tubes around the time of purchase.
Almost nothing is under warranty I really wish I had read these reviews before I bought this piece of junk.
Company I purchased from were going out of business and wouldn't return my calls.
I am interested in class action
Also fair trading

Purchased in November 2014 for $4,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
Apricus Product SupportApricus

Fantastic, but only for technical people

Purchased in February 2015.

Les

LesGippsland, VIC

Problem solved

Hi I hereby fully reciprocate the last review I posted on this site in regards to my 40 tube apricus solar hot water system. I’d have to say I thought it was a total heap of crap up on my roof it’s taken nearly four years to get it sorted until the plumber showed up and told me there was a faulty batch of copper tubes inside the glass ones, since replacing those under warranty the thing is smoking free hot water no gas at all and it’s autumn loving it it’s full steam ahead from here on in go apricus

Purchased in January 2015 for $6,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Apricus Product SupportApricus

Thank you Les. We are pleased you are experiencing optimal solar gain with your Apricus Solar Hot Water unit. Ensure your controller and pump have active power to provide frost protection.

Brendan K.

Brendan K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

10 months free hot water per year

2 to 4 people. Reheats 310 litres quickly with the 30 tubes. I do have tank water so the little grundfos circulation pump has always been flawless.
Bought in 2009, I asked the installer pjt plumbing to raise the angle of the tubes to 60 degrees for maximum winter production. Electric back up fitted.
Love it

Purchased in October 2009 at Pjt plumbing for $5,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Apricus Product SupportApricus

Perfect - we are extremely pleased you receive optimal solar output from your Apricus Solar Hot Water collector as it was designed.

Karlo

KarloKerang

Bad choice

Had a unit for less than 2 years and controller has already gone. Looked them up and they say upto 15 year warranty. Be warned this is a hav! Now im up for $500 for a new controller. I dont believe its ever worked properly looking at my gas bill. At times in business we have to except th hat our products are not upto std and then we fix and everyone wins. These guys are out of touch with warranty and would not recommend to anybody.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

It's been a PerfectSystem

I have had this system for about 8 or 9 years and have never had any problems with it ! The anode has now deteriorated and I am replacing it and cleaning out the tank and hope to get a few more years use out of it!! Love it!!! When it is time to get a new hot water tank I will definitely get the same!

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Ben

BenTamworth

Damn - wish I had reviews about hopeless warranty - same here!

3.5yr old installation in Tamworth - faulty connectors burnt out and not covered by Apricus warranty. Local Apricus service plumbers (Laser Plumbing Tamworth) failed to return 3 calls and didn't follow up - so I went with an independent plumber and sparky who were able to remedy the situation after 2weeks. Very disappointing after sales service. Apricus should coordinate repairs!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Apricus is great

Had this system for 5 years now and had only 1 problem (seems like the sensor at the bottom of the tank gets stuck on a high temp occasionally). I have the data logger as well so I can see how it is performing. I live in Sydney and can turn off the electric boost from Sept to April To get free hot water 8 months of the year.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Complete disaster

$8,000 in electricity bills, lukewarm or cold water, irrespective of fine weather. System was barely used but racked up this bill when previously annual bills were only $700. Had a manual booster so no automatic boosting but still a disaster. Had to disconnect it or risk losing the house. A financial disaster from a brand new system.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

My collector panel is a dud

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Col B

Col BBrisbane

Good unit - good service - a few issues fixed immediately

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Waste of money

Get an apricus if you want cold showers. Waste of money. I’m actually furious. Years of ridiculousness and issues. Anyone interested in a class action??? Nearly everything has broken and I don’t know how many Luke warm and cold showers I’ve had to endure. Ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Lemon

LemonPenrith

Warranty awareness

Buyer beware Once the system controller, Sensor, or pump, which carry only 12 months warranty after that period if any above fail and burst the manifold warranty is invalid on the manifold repairs are at your expense even though it states manifold has a 10 warranty. Buyer beware of this product

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Poor product, poor Warranty, appalling Customer Service.

Date PurchasedJul 2011

Louise

LouisePerth, WA

Don’t buy.ever!!!

It’s been unsatisfactory since buying it in August 2015. After 3 months of boosting the system in summer Apricus finally believed me and replaced 7 tubes that had corroded. Ever since then we’ve been boosting our system more than our old solar hart Today 2.5 yrs later the heating element went. Great. Stay away from this system!!! Doesn’t save you anything. It cost us 3x more than a solar hart.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Tim

TimEwingsdale

Warranty Customer Service is Terrible

I have been dealing with Theo from warranty - who was great. However, it appears a week later she is too busy and Ive been pushed to a number of people. Perhaps there are a lot of issues with their systems! After a month of dealing with warranty service, I still have not had a call back to provide any update on when my broken system will be repaired. I have now resorted to calling up every day and have been told by a short and angry warranty person. I will get a call back, but I never receive one. I have explained that I have a new family and hot water is important - doesnt seem to matter for this company!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Very disappointed

I have purchased 5 Apricus hot water systems, and have had nothing but trouble with them. The tubes clogged up within the first two months, even tho the company told me they were suited to our water. We have had to run acid through them to clear the pipes which eventually rotted the tanks...tanks were replaced by the company only for the same thing to happen again. They are now being replaced with Solahart closed circuit systems.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Luke M.Apricus

RPG

RPGasked

Why was my review, submitted yesterday, Monday 8th Dec. 2019, on the ability to ascertain whether copper tubes have failed or not rejected? The review was constructive and not over critical, If Apricus are to continue in the market place then they need to be more proactive.
RPG

Apricus Product SupportApricus

the review submitted had not yet been replied too, however, was not rejected and still showing under your original post. It has been duly answered.

Matt C

Matt Casked

Hi there,

Quick question with rough costing for the system. I know the system for a 30 tube electric boosted is around 4K, but what you expect the install cost in a new house to be?

Jim

You can forget about the warranty after installation as anything related or not can and will void it. Dont anticipate your calls to be returned. Buy something else.... Don't believe the hype the salesman comes up with.

Hello Matt C
Please lodge a request for quote at https://apricus.com.au/request-quote/ we would be happy to answer you directly.

Suzie Aasked

Water is going cold overnight. If we don’t use the booster we have tepid showers. Yesterday was a warm sunny day temperature today in holding tank is 27degrees?

Phil

Is the pump functioning to push water up to the roof? I have three of these. Also is the controller still functioning. I had one of those replaced

Suzie A

Hello Phil, How do I ascertain that the pump is working? The controller has digital display so I assume it is working.
How do I tell? Sorry but not very tech or mechanically savvy.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi Suzie, we would be happy to assist you with troubleshooting. Please can you call Apricus Customer Service on 1300 277 428 for assistance.

Get an answer from our members and Apricus representatives