Archicentre

See the Best Home Renovators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joco

JocoNortheast, VIC

Design report worthless

We recently ordered a design report through Archicentre. The Architect came to the house took a look around and measured the rooms etc. Four weeks later came up with a design that was so far removed what we asked for. We have wasted $2700.00 on this process. We have only had good experiences with Archicentre in the past but this time we have been left very disappointed.

Archicentre Cost Guide 2017 unrealistically low - beware!

Relying on resources like Archicentre's cost guide, we were lulled in to the belief that we could do a modest, minimally specced, double story addition (about 5 x 8m below and 4 x 8.5m above) within our budget of $4000 / m2. Adding Archicentre maximum recommendations for a kitchen, bathrooms and euro laundry, we were still within budget. So nearly two years and $50,000 down the track (architect, planning, engineering) we finally went to tender and 4 different builders have came back at $8,000/m2, $10,000/m2 if wet areas included.

Adrian Lewis

Adrian LewisMelbourne

Misleading and waste of money

They reviewed a house I subsequently purchased. Report stated good condition about $10k of minor repairs.
subsequently I find major repairs and have spent well over $100k and still going. Problems include serious water leaks damp windows missing stumps and foundations etc etc.

Do not know who to recommend but not these people.

Mango

MangoVictoria

False and Misleading

Overpriced, poor service & no people skills

Not a rose whether a rose by another name.

CK1989

CK1989

Rude and Superior

Any person looking for a builder or buildingg review stay the hell away from these guys. They charge you an arm and a leg, rub it in your face that they're smarter than you when it comes to building and phone service team have ZERO people skills.

Terrible. Would give them a 0 if I could.

Very poor service, inaccurate and false

We were buying a house and I remember specifically asking to check for asbestos and damp.

Not long after we bought house had to have major work done on bathroom there was a leak that had been occuring for a long time. We turned out to have an asbestos gas unit in our hall closet. Major fail archicentre.

TMan

TManGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't use them.

I agree with all the negative reviews. The company takes no responsibility and have no interest in discussing something when it goes wrong. Don't use them!

Norti

Norti

Good

I used Archicentre in December for pest and building reports, [name removed] was very helpful and did everything to make sure I was happy.

RD1

RD1Darwin

Extremely thorough pre purchase inspection.

Michael A.Archicentre

Thank you for your feedback, I trust that your renovations will be hassle free and on their completion meet your expectation. Michael, Archicentre

Neitz

Neitz

Waste Of Money And Time, Now With A Serious Structural Fault To Rectify

The inspector failed to detect bowed load bearing wall of garage as a result of excessive retained soil around the perimeter and wall being only 2 bricks wide (breach of code), clearly visible at time of inspection (2 engineers picked it up within minutes). Now facing $50k+ in repairs which will not add any capital improvement but will hopefully stop our bedroom (above the garage) from collapsing. Seeking legal advice as it is a disgrace. Archicentre when contacted indicated extreme weather conditions were likely responsible, however they failed to acknowledge the breach of building code. Next time we will employ structural engineers. Do not go near this company!!

Alice

Alice

Very helpful inspection

I have had a lot of cracking in my house, I had an architect from archicentre come out and do an inspection. He was very professional and knowledgable. I would recommend archicentre for all structural inspections if you really want answers.

Very disappointing and inaccurate report

Very disappointing

Michael A.Archicentre

It's disappointing to read about the experience you had! Can you please contact me direct on 03 8620 3907 to discuss this further. Thanks Justin

buyer beware

buyer bewareMelbourne

Don't waste your money and don't bother complaining

Michael A.Archicentre

Sorry to hear about this, can you please contact me direct on 03 8620 3907 so we can discuss this further. Thanks Justin

epajflMelbourne

Do not use the Concept Design Service

My experience with Archicentre's Concept Design Service, is that it is a total waste of time and money. You should note that the service delivers one short visit by an Architect, they then go away (4 to 6 weeks) and then deliver a Feasibility Report, a concept Plan and a Elevation view, and that is it. To bad if the architect didn't ask the right questions and possibly didn't even listen to your actual requirements, that is just bad luck, that's what the service delivers. A one shot, take it or leave it design service.
And in my case, the wrong Architect was sent, with no real experience with what I had specifically requested.

That is just not good enough and not what one expects.
None, with this service
Too many to mention here

Michael A.Archicentre

Sorry you felt this way about the service, it was the first Design complaint we had received in over 8 months. Least we came to an agreement in the end, and I wish you all the best with your project. Thanks Justin

Ray

RayMelbourne

No real guarantee, missed significant problems

Michael A.Archicentre

Afternoon Ray, sorry to hear about this. Please contact me direct on 03 8620 3907 so we can discuss this further. Thanks Justin

S Konnully & C MMelbourne

Dont waste your Money!!!

Michael A.Archicentre

I'm Justin the National Manger of consumer services for Archicentre. Can you please contact me on 03 8620 3907 to discuss this further.

S Konnully & C M

Justin we have discussed this further out of your service as a customer service consultant and directed to projects director on 12 Jun 2013 at 2:30pm. Please refer your records, follow up to it and get back to me. Thanks

annoyed

annoyedasked

Has anyone taken legal action against Archicentre for failing to adequately conduct their inspections and resulting in purchasing a property with MAJOR issues?

epajfl

I don't know, but I wish someone would.
Please note my issue was a design service not an inspection service (Note, I did get a full refund, after a detailed written Complaint).
But I've also heard many complaints about this too.

Please note that Archicentre are now trading under Ask an Architect,
so be careful not to get sucked in with the new name, the same people
are behind the name.

mimo
mimo

I wouldn't advise anyone to take legal action against Archicentre. As a company, they have covered themselves legally extremely well - probably the only place they actually work hard :(((( Their customer service is appalling and almost negligible. Don't expect any empathy from them when things go wrong as you will be sorely disappointed!!!!! When we had to get our inspection re-done through other inspectors (due to the shoddy service they provided on the basis of which we bought a property) we have been told that Archicentre is a repeat offender and they have heard a lot of complaints against the company. If there is any suggestion I could give a prospective buyer, it would be to do their research and get a reputable inspection company to do the job and not Archicentre or Ask an Architect as they are now called. We have been badly burnt and would wish no one has to go through the same agony as we did.

Gilltyrode
Gilltyrode

Yes they went into voluntary liquidation a few days before my 2nd VCAT heaing. That means the proprietors aren't necessarily bankrupt and can move on with thei finances intact. You are left litigating against insurers. They don't mediate and you are up for $100,000 excess.
My buiding pest inspection was pathetic
..roof lesked, floors termite damaged with home inhabitable..all my yrs of hard work down the gurgular whilst Mr/ Mrs Archicentre sip their Dom Peridot

Get an answer from our members and Archicentre representatives