4.1

• Sizing True to size (10) · Slightly large (2) · Very large (1)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (100%) · Not as advertised (0%)

Greg R

Greg RSydney Surrounds, NSW

Boots disintegrated within 3. Worst boots I've ever had. Bitterly disappointing.

Purchased the boots in December on the recommendation of my podiatrist and the retailer, by the end of March, the sole had split and started peeling off. This is a totally unacceptable outcome.

I have worked in the building industry as an electrician for 30 years, and have never had a pair of boots disintegrate so quickly. In my opinion, these are not satisfactory work boots if they can't handle basic tasks for 3 months.

I am now in a position, where in the middle of a health crisis, I have no work boots and limited shops open to find and try new boots - fantastic!

Useless.

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Oxide (Steel) (4E) Black (Male/Senior) - Size 7.5 - fell apart after 15 months

I work as a physiotherapist in a hospital - involves about 10000 steps per day of walking in the hospital.
The outer sole began to crack and chip after 3-4 months. The bottom of the sole fell off after 15 months. I would expect a pair of runners to last longer than that! Do not buy these.

Sizing Slightly large

Ascent Alpha 2 (4E) Women’s black safety Boots

100% Love these boots. Fantastic support and comfort. Funny sizing though. Had to go down a size in my regular shoe size. Not sure about wear and tear as I’ve only been wearing them about a month. The AUS safety standards match steel cap boots as this is a composite boot. I’m very happy with that. Bit pricey but at this stage well worth the cost.

Sizing Very large

Nikki

NikkiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant products, brilliant customer service!

In a day and age where good products and good customer service are a rarity, ASCENT Footwear really are the best of the best! Bravo for creating excellent footwear for my children, and bravo team for excellent delivery and shipment detail. I am a repeat customer and will continue to shout from the rooftops to other parents how good your products are. Thank you :)

ReviewerMelbourne

Flawed Customer Service

Reon E.

Reon E.South East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but dont last

Im onto my second pair of alpha work boots. Comfortable to wear but both pairs have failed in 5 months with the sole splitting across the ball of the foot. Disappointing considering the price point. Another note, because the zipper runs more vertical than diagonal, or parallel with the laces the boot is harder to put on and take off compared to others on the market. And be aware that unlike every other boot manufacturer in Aus ascent boots are sold in US size not UK so go 1 size up than what you normally wear.

GoneCamping1975

GoneCamping1975Sydney, NSW

Total disappointment Alpha safety boots

I work 12 hour shifts and i am on my feet all day. I bought these boots as they claimed they are safety boots more like sneakers. Plus the name athletes foot you would trust to get it right. How wrong was I. They were the most uncomfortable boots I had ever worn. They were not cheap either.
When I was wearing the boots I could actually feel objects through the boots. Not ideal for working on a construction site.
I cannot comment on the longevity on these boots as I did not wear them long enough.

Nev

NevGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Comfortable, durable, hard wearing, top quality shoes

Sizing Slightly large
Regan79

Regan79Richardson 2905, ACT

ADELA Buckle not even 3 terms.

As with Mandy we went with an Ascent shoe this year. My daughter was fond of the flower inner sole and Athletes Foot sold me on the invisible scuff protection. We're had to chuck them part way through term three due to scuffed and damaged toes plus a broken buckel. We've gone back to the Clarke's shoes we were wearing last year for the remainder of this year and will not be making the same mistake again next year. The Ascent runners are AMAZING and will see the year through well and truly. The school shoe is just so disappointing.

JadeSimpson

JadeSimpsonQLD, 4227

Ascent Avara shoe

I bought the Ascent Avara shoe for work from Athletes Foot. It has a good solid heel and base. The insole has arch support and is very comfortable. Nice black leather lace up shoe.

Craig

CraigIllawarra, NSW

worst workboot I have ever worn

Heathelt

HeatheltQueensland, Australia

comfortable. poor quality soles

My husband bought some steel cap work boots which he wore for his full time job and the soles flaked and split after 3-4 months. I bought some sandals which I wore a few hours a week and after 6 months the soles had cracked. After spending a decent amount of money on these shoes I would have expected better. Never again.

Mandy

Ascent Eve School Shoes - warning don't bother!

Neillo

NeilloMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Creed 2

Bought Creed 2 about 12 months ago. The best thing I did. Far more comfortable, durable, waterproof and stylish than my old Rockports. Good advice from Athletes Foot, than you!

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Thank you for your positive review Neillo. The Creed is one of our best selling styles and has been in our range for a long time. We have only recently introduced a new Creed 3 that is even more comfortable than the 2!

I have been buying Ascent Footwear for my daughters for school for years. I won’t buy anything else. Superior quality.

Very satisfied with range, quality and service. I won’t buy anything else. The product has lasted well over 12 months and have been purchasing this product for several years now.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Wendy, thank you for being a loyal customer. It is great to hear that you are satisfied with our product. We hope we can continue to provide the range, quality and service for your family for years to come!

Leister H

Leister HNorth Queensland, QLD

Good product

I picked up a prescription of as shoes in Newcastle over 15 years ago, using probably twice a week and just now the sole ( rubber) is starting to lift. Will be taking to a boot repairer to have filed if possible to use a bit longer. New ones a bit out of my price range now
Thanks ASCENT

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Leister, thank you for your review. It is great to hear the shoes have lasted you so long!

Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blistered heels

Spent a decent amount of money on a pair for my son starting prep. Wore them today and didn’t last the day. Teacher had to take them off because he had big blisters behind both heels. Not sure if he was fitted incorrectly or just because they are new. will see how they hold up tomorrow with 2 pairs of socks and bandaids ☹️
Aside from that great looking shoe. My daughter has worn her’s twice now with no problems.

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Steph, thank you for your review. I would recommend taking the shoes back in to store with your son to double check that the fit is correct.

Lee

LeeIllawarra, NSW

Highly Recommend

Bought Apex senior for my son and they lasted 2 years ! His foot is very broad so the extra width options were perfect. Could have gone another 6 months but he needed to go up a size for this new school year . Out preformed Clarks for durability and way more comfortable than doc martens on his arch. Highly recommend !

Ascent F.Ascent Footwear

Hi Lee, thank you for your review. It is great to hear your son has been happy with the Apex! With four different width options in the Apex, we want to make sure every school child can achieve the prefect fit.

Marie

MarieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nurse Ascent Avara lasted 9 months

TMux

TMuxSydney, NSW

Blisters for my girls

Bought leather Ascent Adiva school shoes for my girls 9 & 10 from Athletes foot so should have been fitted correctly. Eldest wore hers for 1 hour and massive blister on each foot which burst. Youngest same story after 2 hours. Took old Lynx shoes up to the school to replace them which at least have some padding on the heel. Tried again with 2 double extra large bandaids on each heel but ripping through again after 20 mins. $130 each for torture. Put some padding on the heel of kids shoes please.