Ascent Footwear

worst workboot I have ever worn

I purchased a pair of Ascents workboots 10 months ago after reading about their superior comfort and durability. After 4-5 months the stitching was deteriorating and becoming unstitched. I returned them to my place of purchase and after 4-5 weeks they were replaced. 5 months after getting my new pair of boots the soles are peeling off the boot and splitting. I don't work in wet areas or anything unusual. I have been told by Ascent that under normal conditions their boots should be replaced every 6-9 months!!!!! These boots cost $220 and the life expectancy is 6-9 months? I have been wearing these type of workboots for 30 years and these boots are by far the worst boot I have ever had the displeasure of wearing, not only is the quality of the boot sub-standard but they are also not as comfortable as many other wookboots that are available. Do yourself and your wallet a favour and give these boots a very wide berth. I will be going back to wearing Mungrel workboots from now on. If I could have rated these boots under 1 star I would have.

comfortable. poor quality soles

My husband bought some steel cap work boots which he wore for his full time job and the soles flaked and split after 3-4 months. I bought some sandals which I wore a few hours a week and after 6 months the soles had cracked. After spending a decent amount of money on these shoes I would have expected better. Never again.

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Heathelt, thank you for your review. We certainly don't expect our outsoles to be splitting after such a short time period. This sounds like there was a fault with the outsole, I would suggest taking them back to the store you purchased from for an assessment.

Ascent Eve School Shoes - warning don't bother!

I have been a big fan of ascent Mary-Jane school shoes for years. This year my daughter was delighted that ascent now had a t-bar range. Unfortunately, the quality was inferior to the high standards I have come to expect from Ascent. Within two weeks, the leather was all scuffed and clumpy, didn't even look good when polished-they looked the same condition as the ones she had had for a whole year! Notified head office and was told it was just a result of repetitive kicking on an abrasive surface. My daughter was in the same classroom as last year - ie both pairs of shoes went through EXACTLY the same school conditions. I was not offered a refund or exchange even when I sent photos of the old Mary Janes compared to the new t-bars. So disappointed not only in the quality, but in the fact my years of loyal customer service amounted to nothing with head office. One of the reasons I went to the bother of contacting head office was I thought they would like some feedback about the inferior quality of their new range, especially from a repeat customer.

Hi Mandy, thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the wear of your Eve school shoes this year. The Eve T-bar has been in our range for as long as the Adela Mary-Jane, and they are both engineered with the same Full Grain Leather and sports shoe midsoles. We ensure the highest quality materials in all of our school shoes, however as leather is a soft, natural product it will scuff with wear. You can find out more about caring for ascent school shoes on our website www.ascentfootwear.com.au/ascent-care-guideYet again another unsatisfactory reply. As mentioned, I have bought Ascent shoes for my daughter for years and hence do so because I have always found the quality to be excellent. My whole point of the complaint is that the new pair looked as worn in 2 weeks as the other ones looked after a whole year! Therefore, directing me to your "caring for ascent shoes" is patronising and insulting. I obviously know how to care for your shoes, hence the fact I am a repeat customer. The whole point of my complaint is that these shoes were definitely not the same quality as normal and had nothing to do with how they were cared for. Same child, same school, same classroom and same conditioning care at home. I was sold an inferior product and you refuse to acknowledge the fact, despite me being a repeat customer.

Creed 2

Bought Creed 2 about 12 months ago. The best thing I did. Far more comfortable, durable, waterproof and stylish than my old Rockports. Good advice from Athletes Foot, than you!

Thank you for your positive review Neillo. The Creed is one of our best selling styles and has been in our range for a long time. We have only recently introduced a new Creed 3 that is even more comfortable than the 2!

I have been buying Ascent Footwear for my daughters for school for years. I won’t buy anything else. Superior quality.

Very satisfied with range, quality and service. I won’t buy anything else. The product has lasted well over 12 months and have been purchasing this product for several years now.

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Wendy, thank you for being a loyal customer. It is great to hear that you are satisfied with our product. We hope we can continue to provide the range, quality and service for your family for years to come!

Good product

I picked up a prescription of as shoes in Newcastle over 15 years ago, using probably twice a week and just now the sole ( rubber) is starting to lift. Will be taking to a boot repairer to have filed if possible to use a bit longer. New ones a bit out of my price range now
Thanks ASCENT

Sizing True to size
Hi Leister, thank you for your review. It is great to hear the shoes have lasted you so long!

Blistered heels

Spent a decent amount of money on a pair for my son starting prep. Wore them today and didn’t last the day. Teacher had to take them off because he had big blisters behind both heels. Not sure if he was fitted incorrectly or just because they are new. will see how they hold up tomorrow with 2 pairs of socks and bandaids ☹️
Aside from that great looking shoe. My daughter has worn her’s twice now with no problems.

Hi Steph, thank you for your review. I would recommend taking the shoes back in to store with your son to double check that the fit is correct.

Highly Recommend

Bought Apex senior for my son and they lasted 2 years ! His foot is very broad so the extra width options were perfect. Could have gone another 6 months but he needed to go up a size for this new school year . Out preformed Clarks for durability and way more comfortable than doc martens on his arch. Highly recommend !

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Lee, thank you for your review. It is great to hear your son has been happy with the Apex! With four different width options in the Apex, we want to make sure every school child can achieve the prefect fit.

Nurse Ascent Avara lasted 9 months

I bought a part Ascent Avara in May 2018, I’m a nurse doing 12 hours shift and these shoes are no longer wearable after 9 months wear. They have a nice look and the non slip effect is handy, but I bought these as advertised for nurses and after 10 years working I’ve never had to replace shoes this quickly. The sole is incredibly hardened and has caused a great deal of discomfort to me post 3 12 hour shifts where I was unable to prioritise getting new ones. On return to Athletes Foot they were excessively pushy that it wasn’t the shoes fault and that they are the absolute best shoes. I explained the above and tried a fresh pair in comparison to other brand sneakers; the sneakers won. If the soles hadn’t hardened so quickly I would recommend these shoes but I expect my shoes to last longer than 12 months- if you advertising to nurses they should be made to withstand the long shifts and lots of time on my feet.

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Marie, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the wear of your shoes. The Avara is our most popular nursing shoe and we receive plenty of fantastic feedback about the comfort and support it provides on a long shift. The cushioning we use in the Avara is the same cushioning used in sports shoes. It is designed to compress on impact to reduce pressure and fatigue on your feet. Due to this, the midsole will compress over time and eventually need replacing. The length of time that this occurs can vary depending on the conditions of use, and it is recommended that you replace your shoes to keep that comfortable, supportive feeling in your legs when you are on your feet all day!

Blisters for my girls

Bought leather Ascent Adiva school shoes for my girls 9 & 10 from Athletes foot so should have been fitted correctly. Eldest wore hers for 1 hour and massive blister on each foot which burst. Youngest same story after 2 hours. Took old Lynx shoes up to the school to replace them which at least have some padding on the heel. Tried again with 2 double extra large bandaids on each heel but ripping through again after 20 mins. $130 each for torture. Put some padding on the heel of kids shoes please.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your girls experienced blisters with our Adiva school shoes. We use a firm heel counter in our shoes to provide excellent support for young feet when they are active all day. If you have been wearing open footwear over the summer months, your feet may need to take some time to adjust to structured footwear again. We always suggest walking around at home for short periods in your new shoes to get used to wearing school shoes before the year begins.

Excellent shoes!

I've had several pairs of Ascent shoes now and find them excellent - long-lasting and very supportive. They seem to be better value for money than comparable shoes, without losing anything in quality.

Thanks for your review Tim. It is great to hear you have been happy with our shoes.

SERIOUSLY LASTED THREE YEARS! Could not fault these shoes!

I’m a picky mother. Without sounding egotistical, my kids’ uniforms are always well presented. I was shocked when the shoes lasted a whole year (Clarks barely did in the past), but then another and another. Three years and now handed down. INCREDIBLE. Well worth every cent!

Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on engineering a durable and supportive school shoe. It is great to hear they have lasted so well for you.

Wow!! They survived everything!!

Hi Ascent,

I have been SO super impressed with your school shoes that we will be going back to buy them a third time this year.

I am so used to my 7 year old son ‘killing’ his expensive shoes in just a few months, and never outgrowing them.

Our very reasonably priced 1st Ascents lasted a whole year of Kindy, and check out what the next pair survived in year 1- a motorbike accident on our property that fractured straight through his humerus in his shoulder, but check out his Ascents that he used to ‘slow him down’
Not only did they survive the crash, but even with the wear marks they lasted another 4 months to see out the school year!

That’s why I recommend Ascents to everyone I know!

Thanks for your review Lynda. We hope your son has recovered well from the motorbike accident!

Fantastic for little feet!

I have my three children in Ascent school shoes and they have been fantastic! I bought my first pair 16 years ago when my oldest first went to school and all three kids get one new pair at the beginning of each year. Having such a well made supportive shoe is really important to me for my kids as they are in them five days a week all day. I've never had a problem and they last all year!

Thank you for supporting our brand Rach. It means a lot that you trust Ascent to support your kid's feet.

Thanks for making great shoes!

My 3 kids love their Ascent shoes! They are flexible and extremely hard wearing.
They are perfect for my 3 very active kids.
We couldn't be happier with Ascent!

Hi Pip thank you for your review. It is great to hear you are happy with our shoes for your 3 children.

FIve Boys Five Years Five Stars

For the past 5 years our 5 boys have been wearing black Ascent Cross Trainers to school. We have been super impressed with their durability and comfort. Day in and day out our boys give them a flogging - running, climbing kicking, jumping - and the shoes always last the whole year, and then some.

The only thing we're disappointed about is that the shoes don't grow with the boys feet. :)

Highly recommended!

Thank you for giving us 5 stars for your 5 boys Rick! It is great to hear we have developed footwear durable enough to pass their daily test.

The best shoes

Our whole family wear these shoes. The kids school shoes last until they grow out of them and that is mostly over a year. Dad has worn them to work and they've lasted 5+ years. Quality shoes that last! Highly recommend!

Hi Rosey, thank you for trusting us with shoes for your family. We are proud to be able to offer footwear solutions for everyone!

Best work/dress shoe:- Ascent Elite

Elite by name elite in function, comfortability, and value. I wear elite shoes every day for work and love them. Highly recommend them.

Thank you for your review Phil. The Elite is one of our most cushioned work shoes, so it is great to hear you love them!

Voyager Rouge - Most Comfortable Walking Shoes

The Voyager Rouge is by far my favourite walking shoe whilst holidaying in Europe, you can easily wear them all day, they are just so comfortable and look smart. I like the way Ascent is always adding new styles to the Women's range of footwear.

Hi Melinda, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear the Voyager made a great travel companion in Europe!

Great work shoes

My Ascent shoes were delivered promptly as promised. I can wear my orthotics in them without problem and I have found them to be comfortable and supportive for all day on-the-go wear at work.

Thank you for your review Katrina. We hope you enjoy the comfort and support at work!