Aspire Hardtop 400 Series

499 Double, 499 Single, 402 Double, etc...
See the Best Caravans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by A'van

Stewart
StewartSydney, NSW

2018 499 bunk Amazing van for size

Amazing value for money, easy to tow light weight.
It offers so much for the $$
the van looks very nice with large windows, new 2018 decals look nice.
Avan Nowra & Penrith, Anthony a really genuine sales guy.
Mark & Di @ Penrith very helpful.
We love our Avan Aspire 499 bunk.

noble
nobleBuderim

Nead more practical engineering for electrical!

Blue Mac
Blue MacSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great van Great Service

My van has just done almost 10000klm around SA and NT. Back in NSW and cannot fault the van.
Going back to Avan for service and could not wish for better service from the dealer or for a better van ,great to tow and very comfy.

Blue Mac
Blue MacSydney Surrounds, NSW

ASPIRE499 with Bunks and double bed

The finish and quality was as good as any others.
The van is reliable and only problem was loose wire on water guage which Avan fixed without any hassles.This van is the most comfortable I have owned and I did own an earlier Avan plus a couple of Jaycos which were good but not as good as this one.
Towing is hassle free and follows me a dream.

Floor PlanBunks , Double bed, combo toilet shower
Donald Birks
Donald BirksGippsland, VIC

After 3 years finding it a great van.

Nice van, easy to tow. Has rear double bed could do with a little bigger but very comfy if have the inner spring and not the foam. Kitchen consisting of gas cook top, microwave oven, deep bowl sink, 12v range hood with light and 3 way fridge. Rear combination shower/toilet with separate vanity not a problem very compact. It has reverse cycle air-con. Would recommend.

Your Top 5 Caravan Questions, Answered

From long weekend camping trips to living on the road, caravans let us explore the great outdoors in comfort and style. Whether you’re interested in caravans for sale or caravan hire, a luxury caravan or the ‘simple life’ type, this article will answer five questions you might have about investing in a new home on wheels.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 July 2020
your-top-5-caravan-questions-answered
Phantom
PhantomHighland Park

Bad Workmanship

Floor Plan402 Aspire Double bed

Great little van

To find a little van with double bunks a double bed and shower and toilet was a big challenge with out going to a 20 ft or bigger van. This little van has it all, we just love it. Great to tow good clearance every thing we need for our weekends away. Like another person said they are not a $70 k van so don't expect a penthouse on wheels, but we love it and have had no problems.Hard to find a van with all this brand new for under $40 k with a 5 yr front to back warranty.

Bad workmanship

Brought it second hand from a dealer who said it was fully serviced!!!! Not enough or poor quality wheel bearing grease had to replace all bearing due to overheating, Grey water floods shower recess. Low internal water pressure unless you use the pump as well. water leaking from under sink, clip hadn't been tightened. Support leg on awning won't hold up have to use a wooden dowel. .Flyscreen and shade cords broken on front window. Lucky i'm a retired fitter and have fixed it myself, didn't have much pleasure from the dealers. So just be warned the if you buy one second hand this is what you can expect...

Perfect for us.

Bought out 499 in 2013. Not the perfect layout for us but what its got, its weight and especially the price was perfect for us. She tows well and havent had any problems. We love it.

Mrs
Mrs

Very happy with aspire 499. Great after sale service by AW RV World

Bought an aspire 499, very happy with it. Nice and light and tows like a dream but most of all it was affordable. We use it to visit family who live in Vic and Wa and just sit it on their front lawn. Also use it for a few weekend trips here and there. We bought it through aw rv world and have nothing but positive things to say about them. We will be looking to getting a new van hopefully soon with an island bed and separate shower toilet, I like the avan frances.

Ohhhh not again

mik
mik

Few issues with Avan 499 Aspire

Had exactly the same issue when i picked up my Aspire back in 2013.They only had half the camp room ended up being nearly 4 months by the time i received the the missing parts.

John W
John WBonnie Doon

Few issues with Avan 499 Aspire

Fly screen (door drops off runner.)Poptop material comes away from top liner in places.Sink flows into shower base (remedy was to cut drain and have seperate flow for shower and sink). Shower exhaust fan cover stuck to rubber seal. Not happy. Not much or little response from A-Van about these issues.

Greatsparks
GreatsparksRedland City

Great Van

After researching far and wide, I purchased a second hand Avan Aspire 499 HT. Great little van, compact, easy to tow, tows like a dream. Van was 4 years old and had been used as an on site van, lived in 24/7. Everything still works with minimal sign of wear all AOK. Minor issues related to under floor wiring and plumbing (in my fastidious opinion) were easily fixed by me as I am a tradesman. Great little van and would recommend it to all but the wingers who want a $75k van in a van that costs $37k. Dec 2017 Update. I have since looked at other vans plumbing and wiring and they are generally installed in the same manner as in the Avan. The van is still keeping us very happy.

Other Caravans

its ok , I'm a bit of a handy man .

Pick up 499 pop top in Jan 2014. Read all the complaints that go back3years or so and you guessed it nothing has been done to fix the problems. water from sink floods toilet floor, roof sags on back corner, stairwell light not working , the van it's self is a little to low, you have to be a body builder to raise the roof , I put a baggage door road side to give access under bed , drop down table and rear poll carriers,

See all A'van Aspire Hardtop Series reviews

Jamie C.
Jamie C.asked
Aspire Hardtop 499 Bunk

how comfortable and practical is the double bed since of its odd shape mattress? also are the bunks long enough to fit grown ups?

Derise R.
Derise R.asked
Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Hi, we wanted to get a second water tank, but have been told that we can't because of weight issues on the axle. Can anyone tell me if this is correct.

ConsumerMan
ConsumerMan

It should be OK but remember Avan are not generous with payload allowance so you would have to watch your ATM. You know, you would get more answers to this question and many more if asked on the Facebook Avan User group

Greg M
Greg M

Assuming that you have one 95 L tank (95kg) and want to add another 95 L this would make up 190 kg of your 300kg allowance for a single axle. This leaves you with 110kg for the rest of everything else you want to pack in your caravan. We found this impossible to do. After my experience of my Avan I would suggest that you are already past your ATM. To stay legal I would pay some money and have it professionally weighed or you could find yourself uninsured. There is a chance that you could end up with a unworkable caravan. Good luck.

SurferMV
SurferMVasked
Aspire Hardtop 499 Double

Hi everyone, have just ordered a hardtop 499 aspire double. Not sure whether to get underslung axle for more clearance height or if people are happy with the overslung axle height? Pros for underslung is more clearance. Cons, higher centre of gravity. Tow vehicle is 100 series cruiser (no lift)

See all Aspire Hardtop 400 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

Compare all 13 A'van Aspire Hardtop Series
CategoryCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravans
Sleeping Capacity4 people2 people2 people5 people
Tare Weight1,250 kg1,070 kg1,070 kg1,250 kg
Travel Length6.36 m5.33 m5.33 m6.36 m
Dimensions 1915 x 2390 x 4890 mm1915 x 2390 x 3860 mm1915 x 2390 x 3860 mm1915 x 2390 x 4890 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013