MPN: DSLAC68U

Continuously losing internet after probably 6 months

It seems that most modems had problems after one year. This one is worse and it last about 6 months, although it's much more expensive than my other modems. My house is good and I was happy to pay more to buy this high end modem, hoping good signal in my house. However, recently I experienced continuous loss of internet. Had to reboot the modem to resolve the problem. Would not buy it again.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great range and features

Easy to setup. Stable connection achieving consistent speed. Love the VPN feature - able to connect my USB to the device and view the content on my smart TV (including movies).

The monitoring app is also very comprahensive and easy to navigate.

Great range also. easily covers my 200 sqm house without the need for boosters.

Overall very happy customer.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great range and works perfectly

Perfect product. Setup was a breeze. Actually bought high end asus dsl-ac3100 but was faulty straight out of the box. Wifi of that unit was faulty.

However this unit is great. Range is awesome and the wifi connection is very stable. Great monitoring features too. Looks compact as well. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Pretty good router that I can't really fault

I bought this because the Huawei one that came with my NBN plan was rubbish (even the TPG guy said so). We've always had signal issues in out weirdly shaped house and I was getting fed-up resetting the router all the time and trying to strategically place range extenders around the place. We often get the speeds were supposed to (i do speed tests like a fiend) and when we don't, im inclined to put it down to other factors like the weather and our NBN plan rather than this router. No one in the house has any complaints despite us all being spread out quite a bit from the router. My advice would be to spend a bit more and get a decent router like this. I persisted with $50 routers for years before realising this. Despite only having it for a few weeks, I would definitely recommend this router....it'd be nice it was just a bit cheaper though.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Amazing on Adsl2+, Good on FTTN NBN

Been using this modem for over 1 year on ADSL2+ and I was always getting the best sync speed and amazing wifi Ac range. I switched to NBN a week ago, got a 100 mbps plan, but because the modem has Mediatek chipset, it’s only able to sync at around 85mbps. Tested connection using Tp-Link V600 that has Broadcom chipset and was able to sync around 95mbps. But the settings and configurations provided by this modem has no comparison with other brands. It’s highly customised modem with excellent wifi range!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Nice router with lots of features and great performance

I needed to get something reasonably priced but needed a few advanced features. DSL-AC68U turned out to be the best product on the market for the value.

I really needed something that shows me the real-time download speed so that I can figure out which of the devices is downloading and how much. This router does a pretty good job of it.

Also, WiFi performance does not get visibly impaired with a large number on devices on the network (>10).

I also like that it has both a VPN server (PPTP and OpenVPN) and VPN clients (PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN).

All in all, a good package with loads of features (printer server, USB network drive), high speed wifi (802.11 ac) and still reasonably priced.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great improvement in Wi-Fi range and reliability

Purchased this to replaced my Billion router which served me well for a few years. I was having issues with Wi-Fi constantly dropping off and have interference. After replaced with this Asus router I was able to received very strong Wi-Fi signal and coverage.
I did encounter some issues though on very hot days where the router stopped responding and had to do a power cycle.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

So much better than ISP modem routers

I got this when I first switched to NBN on a 50/20 plan with MATE Communicate. It took a while to set up but then it worked flawlessly and I haven't even been able to make full use of its plethora of features. It gives me speeds of around 45/18 all around my house and it never drops out and I haven't needed to restart it a single time.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Best Wifi VDSL modem i have used and worould recommend

After extensive research, i chose this modem for its features and wifi capabilities. While it has been around for a while, Asus keep releasing updates for this model and don't seem to have an end date. The Wireless performance has been the best thing about it covering my entire house and even 10m out the front door. The range is good but performance over range is its best category.

Traffic Analyser will tell you how much you are downloading and where it coming from. Would recommend to anyone

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Really good modem with tons of useful features

I bought this modem to upgrade from an old single band modem I was using, and going to this and using the 5ghz channel, I managed to see my internet speeds more than double due to the limitations of the 2.4ghz channel. The interface for this modem allows for plenty of control over how your devices are connected, such as limiting bandwith per device, priority to certain devices and the ability to block access directly from the interface. This modem is perfect for anyone that is after a good priced dual band modem that performs extremely well and gives you a really nice interface.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good stable router

Bought this as my previous router was struggling and kept dropping out. Noticed an immediate improvement with connectivity and excellent wifi range. Only had to reboot the modem / router once since purchasing. No freezing when mirroring through Apple TV. Currently using it to connect to FTTB and networking between devices.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Solid router for a good price

No complaints about this router at all. It's actually the second one I've purchased as I liked the first so much. The connectivity is great, the range is above average, setup is a breeze and the best part is it just works! I've encountered no issues with it at all. The built in software features are great for keeping track of data hogs on your network and throttling their bandwidth. I would buy this again in a heart beat.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Didn't last for too long

Eventually this Modem started having issues but got a refund after sending back under warranty. The tools you have access to are very handy for monitoring traffic. Setting up for NBN was a pain like many people experienced with poor documentation, even after it was set up I could never get it faster than the standard modem Telstra provided with me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Powerful and amazing with NB

This router is definitely a go to if you are switching to NB. I can't fault this router for its speeds. Even when multiple people are streaming or downloading at the same time my gaming does not drop in speed. Also, I have added an external drive with movies and tv shows to watch wirelessly around the house.

Great Product!!

Great modem router... great functionality especially the VPN client function allowing me to securely browse the internet on all my devices without having to connect each device to the VPN manually. All devices connected to the 5GHZ network are very fast allowing me to transfer large files wireless to my NAS quite quickly also. Great product.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fast and feature rich, but not as reliable as I would have expected after all these firmware updates

The router is fast. In the same room, I get 70MBps (that's a capital B) transfer speeds from my NAS PC to the desktop PC on 5GHz 802.11ac. The NAS is connected to the router via Ethernet. With the same setup, but with the router and the NAS PC in the garage, I get 40MBps+ which is darn good considering I hardly get any 4G connectivity through the walls of the house.

DSL performance is good, but not as good as the Sagemcom F@st 4315 which I received from the service provider when I had ADSL. But it is not something you notice while using the router. But its Wi-Fi and LAN capabilities are abysmal compared to the AC68U's.

I firmware update support is amazing. It is important to reset the settings after a firmware update because otherwise it won't function reliably. I've had frequent freezes (like every other day) after upgrading firmware and once I factory reset it, it functions reliably.

I currently use it with NBN FTTB, which means I have to use bridge mode and I lose one of the LAN ports because of this. Not a big deal, but just wanted to tell.

One thing I noticed is that there are couple of features available on the Android app (maybe iOS app too) which aren't present on the router UI. Performance monitor (it shows how much CPU and memory is being used) and configure low power mode.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

fantastic features

My husband bought this item after heaps of research on how to best manage all of the wifi devices on our home network. It works so well in managing all the kids and has built in time management so they only get internet after homework has been done. Also we have found that if one kid misbehaves we can turn off the internet to that one device. Brilliant.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very good for NBN HFC, not as good for ADSL2

Bought one of these about two years ago and for the most part it's been good but there have been times when it's lost all connection to my previous connection (ADSL2+) which required a reset to correct. There have been a few bugs over that time but to be fair ASUS do put put out firmware updates quite regularly.
The best thing is this modem/router has had a renaissance in my network as my NBN HFC router and with the latest firmware it really flies (95mbps down and nearly 40 up). Obviously it's now connected to the HFC modem so it's more akin to the router RT-AC86U, but if you want a great NBN HFC router that has ADSLx as fallover then you could do much worse than this model.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Fantastic modem/router with excellent range

Prior to this modem I had a dlink which was ok but had dropouts every now and then and range wasn't fantastic.
After reading a few reviews i decided to bite the bullet and buy this one.
Well, what a great move it was . Range was fantastic, no dropouts to mention and dual band.
What i really like is they still release new firmware! Keeping older technology new as it's a great unit.

The only negative for me is no dedicated WAN port (i have to change on of the lan ports) and lack of support for HFC NBN from my understanding. I personally can't find the info to be able to use it as an HFC NBN router.

Apart from that, no other concern and has served me well while i had ADSL2+

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Excellent mid range router

This is a great mid range router which was easy to set up and has good range with decent speed through put through it's three external antennas, a good choice if you have to rely on the NBN FTTN technology as it will give you the maximum possible speed via wireless conection, very happy

Date PurchasedSep 2017