Listing monitored by Athena

bronty_saurus
bronty_saurusAU

Easy to apply, process is all online

We have used Athena for refinancing and to take out new mortgages.
Our experience using Athena was when they were quite new and were still starting up some of their processes. Since then, I've seen how far they've come and they've really made the home loan process a lot easier.
Customer service is generally very good. We had a redraw approval take a little longer due to missed paperwork by the initial customer service person.
Athena have low rates - and have one rate for all customers on that LVR %. I don't have to call them up to try to get the cheaper new customer only rate.
Their only negative is that they can be selective about which postcodes they lend to.

Efficient and easy to deal with

Use the code ATH-20903 to save $500 when you apply before the end of July.

Smooth and efficient process to apply, settled quickly and no fees. We have already had our rate dropped once already. Website is so easy to use. Couldn't be happier!

Refinanced without hassle

Refinanced our home loan without hassle. Straight forward no fuss. Recommend Athena highly.

I was kept in the loop of the process constantly, and all questions were answered or followed up.

Please feel free to use my referral Ultimate$ code and receive $500 if you apply and settle: ATH-18404

Luke
LukeSydney, NSW

What a waste of time

Holger S
Holger SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great rates and excellent service!

Rachel K.Athena

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Highly recommend Athena Home Loans

The whole refinance process with Athena was very uncomplicated. I was very impressed that they kept me informed of progress at every step. The website is very user friendly. I have had a very positive experience with Athena Home Loans so far and highly recommend them.

Ian - St Clair NSW
Ian - St Clair NSWSt Clair

I couldn’t be happier!!

Great to deal with, I had to do a little bit of leg work but I was more than happy to in order to get St George out of my life for good. Absolutely minimal set up charges and communication was very good the whole way through. Wish me luck!!

Rates have already dropped!!!

Its pretty respectful when Athena treat their existing customers with the same rate as the one they use to lure in new customers.
Athena's signup process is pretty straightforward, and they just dropped our rates about a month in. I sit back and wonder would the banks do that?

Other Home Loans

Excellent team at Athena!

Excellent team at Athena! Great Experience and very clear information and communications from the team during the process. Highly recommend to anyone looking for transparent Home lender.

Thank you for great experience team @Athena !

Find out how Athena compares to other Home Loans

Refinanced to Athena - couldn’t be happier!

We Refinanced with Athena and they have been absolutely amazing! Clear instructions, kept in touch with us the entire time, easy to communicate with and no hassles. Highly recommend them. And they have absolutely no fees! It’s amazing not to be hit with “hidden costs” and no request has been too difficult for them.
Very happy customers :)

Dale
DaleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

At 1.99% variable with guaranteed rate match was hard to refuse

Jim K
Jim KSydney

Best refinance experience so far. Excellent :)

My experience so far has been Amazing!! Super quick refinance process, all documents were signed online and their customer support is super quick to respond by SMS.

Things I wish they had;
- An app for iOS
- Allowing me to have my pay go directly into the home loan account and that counting as a repayment (rather than having to direct debit a certain amount from another bank).
- an offset account (with debit card for purchases etc) which would save me having to constantly move funds around from my everyday account to my home loan.

Fast and easy.

Fast and easy. Be careful because valuation is a lot lower than you would expect, I guess they are trying to minimize risk.
In spite of all, I am very satisfied with the outcome.

Use Referral Code: [Code Removed] & we will both receive $250 dollars each into our home loan accounts when your loan is finalised. $500 if you apply before 30 July 2021.

Rachel K.Athena

Hey there, thanks for the awesome review! Our valuation is completed by external parties and not by the Athena team. We are super excited to have you onboard and hopefully we can help you love us and leave us sooner!

Michael F
Michael FMelbourne

What looks good isn't necessarily the case!!

Great Low Rate & Fee Free

Lowest rates around & fee free!

Clear & concise communication at all times, easy process to follow. Very pleased so far. Would definitely recommend.

My only gripe there is no Athena app as yet.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan used forFirst Home
Rachel K.Athena

Thanks Lex for the review! Don't forget it's $500 until July 31 - check out all the T&C's here: https://refer.athena.com.au/. App will be out in the latter half of 2021 - keep an eye out!

Read more reviews - page 2

Ramendra Prasadasked

Put in application on the 5th of November and have still not received any response two months later. Several calls to customer service and get told to receive a call shortly, but still nothing. Settlement early february. Should i start looking at other banks or...........

WendyAthena

Hey Ramendra, we are super sorry you still haven't heard back from us regarding your application. We have escalated your application and one of our Loan Experts will be in touch with you soon.
Cheers, Wendy

Ramendra Prasad

Just an addition to the frustration of applying for a loan from Athena. The loan was escalated as per Wendy's reply above. The loans expert contacted me and asked for some more documents which I promptly sent across. Another 5 days later I was told we can do this (by a loan expert) and now its being sent to an assessor to be finalized. I just received a call from the assessor and was told "sorry we cant do this". It took two months for Athena to look at the documents and that's after I wrote in this forum. I have a settlement in mid February and where do I go now. If I was told this in November then I had a lot of time to seek elsewhere. I was told the reason for not proceeding with this mortgage was because the industry you work in has been impacted by the pandemic and we cant take the risk. Is there any industry that hasn't been impacted somehow? I have sent prove that everything is back to normal and provided payslip to prove it. This is sheer discrimination for probably writing to the forum. I was simply asking for 25% only and putting the property as security. That's just not good enough from a company that sings their own praises.

Niroj K.
Niroj K.asked

Do you provide 100 percent offset account? Please don’t say you have redraw facility? I just want to know whether you offer 100 percent offset account? Yes/No.. cheers

WendyAthena

Hey Niroj, we do not have an offset at this stage. We are working to launch an offset feature later this year.
Cheers, Athena Team

Charmaine D.
Charmaine D.asked

Do I need to have a valuation of my property to be able to re-finance with Athena?

WendyAthena

Hi Charmaine, not at all! We will run a formal valuation for your property after you submit your application. We won't charge you for this as we have zero Athena fees :) If you need to get an estimated value for your property, you can grab a free property report at https://save.athena.com.au/property-report.
Cheers, Wendy

Get an answer from our members and Athena representatives

CategoryHome Loans