Aurora Energy

Aurora Energy

Listing monitored by Aurora Energy

1.3
  • Rates and Fees

No customer service- yet again

Extremely poor service as always. Our Account number was automatically changed and therefore the Aurora card used to make payments is no longer valid. The advice from Aurora was to cut the bar code off the bill, laminate it and then use. All very easy for elderly visually impaired Tasmanianas.

Dan885154
Dan885154Hobart, TAS

App does not work, peak/off peak tariff is terrible

- App does not work, data is always a week behind, at one time it was 6 weeks behind
- Peak/Off peak tariff increased by energy cost significantly
- No one in the contact centre seems to know what is going on (not there fault) just keep hearing from management that it is an issue with the metering partner.

Mel
MelSouth-East, TAS

Aurora plus very expensive disappointed

Thought joining Aurora plus would be easier and cheaper it's $60 more a month on my bill asked to change tariffs to get charged another$160 it's wrong money hungry very disappointed

zany
zanyHobart, TAS

Useless app.

I installed the Aurora+ app on my iphone after having a smart meter installed. The metering people put us onto the wrong tariff - peak instead of off-peak as requested and we waited 14 days until this was rectified.
The app that was supposed to give us our daily usage never worked. No data was ever imported, just showed an ever-increasing balance to be paid even though I had paid ahead and keep our account in credit. We were still charged for the privilege until I complained but it took 4 phone calls to have this charge reversed. Now I am told the app is not for everyone! Just seems unprofessional when they push this service on tv etc. I have now removed the app and gone back to quarterly billing.
Not impressed.

Andrew
AndrewLaunceston, TAS

Aurora don't follow the same rules as Food sellers or Car Dealer, so pay up!!!

After having a Solar Panel installed I received a demand for many thousands of dollars without and clear justification. Aurora Energy claimed I had damaged the meter only to agree that it ran backwards, then implied I could be charged with meter tampering only to back away and are still refusing to provide details on how much power was consumed and work with me to to calculate what the bill should be.
Unlike McDonalds, Coles or every Car Dealer, Aurora Energy advise me that they are not responsible for the the product they sell, the accuracy of the bills and I should simply pay what they demand.

We need to write to the Premier and ask that they play by the same rules as MscDonalds, Coles or Toyota.

Grant
Grant

Aurora - Unfairly Take Advantage of a Monopoly Ripping Clients Off

Aurora ripoff clients by charging large entry and exit fees for each account - they would not be able to do this if there was any competition. There hourly power rates are also very high compared to the rest of Australia and again they would not be able to do this if there was competition. Aurora are rogues taking advantage of a monopoly in an unfair way. GGGGrrrrrr!!!

Wayne P.
Wayne P.North-West & West coast, TAS

Big disappointment

Has not worked for over two months, they keep saying it will be fixed but never is. Got two bills in the one month 350$ I'm sick of it l want to go back to direct debit a fortnight, never had any trouble with that .!!!!! Aurora you Suck a Big Lemon.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
JARMAINE
JARMAINEmelbourne

aurora zero for customer service

unfortunately aurora have let a lot of customers down. the old system site was user friendly and you didn't have to own an expensive so called smart phone to access your account. some overpaid navel gazers have come up with this present rubbish. and unless you have an hour or so to spare don't even think of trying to contact them by 'phone.woe is us!

Rates and Fees
AussieFrog
AussieFrogLaunceston, TAS

Not delivering!

Aurora plus started well, now they never deliver on time, just another revenue rising for them, will consider changing provider soon. Tasmania problem is the lack of competition in most service industries and retail!

Ant
AntTasmania

Deserves the 1 star

Unhappy
Unhappy Hobart, TAS

Aurora is a monopoly and money hungry

I feel like Aurora are ripping off their clients. Due to the service provided you should not have to pay to view your bills/account. It user to be included and now you cannot login unless you have aurora plus which works out to $40 per year to check your balance and power usage. So disappointed. Look after your clients don't extort them!

Pretty disappointed.

So I was trying to sign in to my Aurora account with previous log in. I went to reset password and next thing I know I am set up for Aurora+. Hang on that is not what I wanted, it was just automatic - no prompt asking if I wish to proceed or anything. Now I have to wait 24hrs as per above reviews. There goes our choice and control.

Bruce H.
Bruce H.

Customer service down the toilet

Now that aurora nom longer provide online account details like they used to, can no longer check on current balance online and how much owed. If they're not supplying the service, maybe they should drop the prices?

Pretty useless

The app data is 24 hrs delayed. And when it finally arrives it can be early morning or even in the afternoon. So not a true 24 hour interval! We live in the 21 st century and we can even fly to the moon. So what's the issue of not having the data sent live? Aurora+ updates your credit as soon as you open the app, that they can do very well!! And do not forget it costs 11 cents each day. Pretty useless and a waste of money

Doofy Dog
Doofy DogHobart, TAS

Avoid Aurora Plus at all costs

The product has great potential however the endless emails and text messages everyday just becomes overwhelming then just outright annoying. There is no mention on signup that you will receive messages everyday if you are not in credit. Sorry but I was lead to believe that is was power as usual, we just have a window into our costs as we go. Once in credit you then receive endless messages and texts stating that you are only "X" days in credit. Potentially a great product with refinement however the accounting side of things needs to be overhauled. If you want to receive an endless barrage of messages then this is the product for you otherwise stick with the old system. Get your account once every 3 months and enjoy the peace and quiet

Jane Garvey
Jane Garveyasked

I am enquiring about a smart meter. Who do I need to talk to

LBerra
LBerraasked

Moved down from NSW, has been almost a year and we are a couple who is energy mindful. We are probably at home 50% of the time as we travel a lot.
Our first quarter of June- August was $700 which I thought was ridiculous, second quart of Sept - Nov was $1600 and we were here 60% of the time, i almost fell of my chair. And the last quart of Dec - Feb was $700 and were overseas for the whole of Jan and Feb... this is just INSANE. Our usage states it's enough for a household of 8ppl when it's only just me and my partner.
Have you anybody had any resolution to this? If so can you please let me know because we have made complaints to Aurora, the Ombudsman a few months back and I even had an electrician come to check out appliances and nobody can give us a reason.
Aurora wants us to pay the bill and don't want to hear anything about it. Some of the people their even state that usage is high and that's what we have to pay!
If anybody can help that would be appreciated.

Kim C.
Kim C.

wow, overwhelming bad reviews!!! I have just installed solar and dont like the sound of Aurora! There is an alternative, I have been told by my solar supplier. Energy 1st. I suggest you all look into it. I certainly will.

Get an answer from our members and Aurora Energy representatives