Aurora Energy

Aurora Energy

1.4

• Rates and Fees

Pretty useless

The app data is 24 hrs delayed. And when it finally arrives it can be early morning or even in the afternoon. So not a true 24 hour interval! We live in the 21 st century and we can even fly to the moon. So what's the issue of not having the data sent live? Aurora+ updates your credit as soon as you open the app, that they can do very well!! And do not forget it costs 11 cents each day. Pretty useless and a waste of money

Doofy Dog

Doofy DogHobart, TAS

Avoid Aurora Plus at all costs

The product has great potential however the endless emails and text messages everyday just becomes overwhelming then just outright annoying. There is no mention on signup that you will receive messages everyday if you are not in credit. Sorry but I was lead to believe that is was power as usual, we just have a window into our costs as we go. Once in credit you then receive endless messages and texts stating that you are only "X" days in credit. Potentially a great product with refinement however the accounting side of things needs to be overhauled. If you want to receive an endless barrage of messages then this is the product for you otherwise stick with the old system. Get your account once every 3 months and enjoy the peace and quiet

Tony K

Tony K

no time to pay

Just received winter power bill. In the mailbox 14/9 payment due date 22/9. That is 5 working days.
Yes I can pay it on time but what of others not so fortunate? As a Government Business enterprise it is not exactly helpful or apporpriate.

Bear

BearS.E. Oz

Aurora+, more like Aurora-

Half Full

Half FullHobart, TAS

Makes you pay to view your usage and other customer tools that were available for free

Aurora recently switched off its online customer portal. If want to see your balance, usage or other services that were free you now have to fork out over $40/year for their aurora+ service.
Thankfully, there is now competition

David

DavidLaunceston, TAS

If you have a choice don't choose aurora

Penny S.

Penny S.

Could not give a damn about their customers

Sold my house, sent letter 3 weeks ago requesting disconnection for yesterday. It was not done. Unable to contact them via email, it would not send, unable to log into their website, kept saying try again. Tried phoning, waited forever, put on hold, finally put through to disconnections, still do not know if they are even going to do it - meanwhile new people have moved into the house and I am paying the electricity for them because I cannot disconnect it. Will head around to the house tomorrow with a chainsaw to disconnect the meter box from the house, maybe that will get the message through. Incompetent company, not enough staff to answer calls, clearly tossed the letter that I sent to them in the bin.

critical

criticalLaunceston, TAS

Seriously? Making up fake bills until I call you out. Isn't that a criminal act that a normal citizen would go to jail?

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Greg B.

Greg B.North-West & West coast, TAS

Criminal

The worst customer service and company I have ever dealt with. If you can choose another provider I would highly recommend in doing so as these guys will try to take you for every cent and then make you agree to false charges and payments in return to reinstate power.

crystal c.

crystal c.Tasmania

This MUST be wrong!?? Latest power bill from aurora

CMPE

CMPELaunceston, TAS

Government intervention desperately needed!

Like most reviews, Aurora's monopoly on electricity is causing so many householders grief, with their exhobitant quarterly bills. If the State government really cared about Tasmanians, they would initiate an enquiry into this energy provider and make appropriate recommendations that would pull them into line with their interstate counterparts.

smok

smokCentral Queensland, QLD

Fantastic customer service. Always willing to help!

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Cop this.

6 years of trying to buy and own a house on a single income. 2 adult kids. Every quarter is a nightmare. 1000 to 1800 in electric bills. 1600 last bill and i and 1 child was away on holidays. 1 month away. What the hell is wrong here. I ask the questions and get no satisfaction what so ever. Time to get stuck into them. Ridiculous amount of money for nothing. My thought is there not reading meter at all and having an outrageous guess. Not right. All i get is call an electrician. Really how do i pay for that.

Jay

JayTasmania

Aurora have a monopoly in Tasmania - GO OFFGRID

Aurora have a monopoly in Tasmanaia for the residential sector. We have just gone offgrid due to the company’s negligence and providing false and misleading meter readings.
Keep fighting the incorrect reading and push the issue with the energy ombudsman and accc.

Sky L

Sky L

Energy bill too much and does not make sense

Someone

SomeoneThe bush

Live in another world

Estimation of account

We have had a similar experience to many others. the account was estimated and no allowance made for solar. We were told because of a dog problem. We have had dogs for 28 years, with no problems all of a sudden the meter cannot be read. Excuse dog. The dog was in fact in Hobart at the time. After very frustrating calls to both Aurora & Tasnetworks no resolution could be offered. It seems like we will need to chain a dog to a tree in the front yard before they will read the meter

Fiona

FionaHobart

bill estimation a total joke

CyberJack

CyberJackHobart, TAS

Aurora Does What Aurora Will Do

Hello all. Aurora has a monopoly on domestic electricity in Tasmania. As such, it operates to exploit any avenue to increase profits. My latest bill (September) is double any other bill I have had in 4 years in Hobart. I do feel powerless (pun intended) as greedy monopolies exploit the poor. If ever there was a Royal Commission needed - apart from banks, super, insurance, aged-care, and ... then energy providers would sure be next in line. Let's 'charge' our glasses to the greedy energy companies!

Tas Networks / Hydro cause of high energy costs

LBerra

LBerraasked

Moved down from NSW, has been almost a year and we are a couple who is energy mindful. We are probably at home 50% of the time as we travel a lot.
Our first quarter of June- August was $700 which I thought was ridiculous, second quart of Sept - Nov was $1600 and we were here 60% of the time, i almost fell of my chair. And the last quart of Dec - Feb was $700 and were overseas for the whole of Jan and Feb... this is just INSANE. Our usage states it's enough for a household of 8ppl when it's only just me and my partner.
Have you anybody had any resolution to this? If so can you please let me know because we have made complaints to Aurora, the Ombudsman a few months back and I even had an electrician come to check out appliances and nobody can give us a reason.
Aurora wants us to pay the bill and don't want to hear anything about it. Some of the people their even state that usage is high and that's what we have to pay!
If anybody can help that would be appreciated.

Other Energy Providers