Love the unit

Can’t fault this unit at all , it runs 24/7 x365 days in my militaria storage room and not a spec of rust or mould on any of the old leather or metal .
I live in a high moisture area and during winter this thing fills every 2.5 days , it’s a champion and the air is nicer to breath when working in the room ..

Purchased in June 2010.

Love this unit....

Live in a wet area and the unit dries out the air and keeps the mould down. Controls easy to use, very quiet and functional. Customer service and information very timely. Wanted to use before putting up a review and highly recommend this unit.

Purchased in November 2018 for $399.00.

Best buy ever!

Just installed yesterday, and what a difference it makes. No more feeling damp in my bedroom, my clothes, sheets, and carpet are dry, even as a stroke victim this is easy.

Purchased in February 2019 at Enviromart Cairns for $399.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Excellent product and customer service

The dehumidifier works very well and it is perfect for what I need it for. The customer service was fantastic, they went above and beyond to assist me in selecting the correct model for my needs. They were very helpful also when I wanted to purchase a hose so that I could run the machine continuously and offered to help me should I have any issues setting it up. It was very simple to set up to run continuously. The machine works very well and is nice and quiet.

Purchased in October 2018.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area

Spot on, does the job nicely

Yes, pulled down humidity spot on, didnt effect temp as a/c in room keeps temp no worries, controls are simple easy to use and explain to customers, filters easy to clean and permanant drain fitting excellent, simple to plumb in.

Purchased in December 2018 for $450.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Excellent performer and very reliable

We were in dire need of a dehumidifier to improve the air quality in our downstairs library. The library is some 7m x 3.5m in size, and as the humidity in the room was consistently above the 60% mark, and quiet often into the 80s and 90s during the summer months I thought it wise to go with the WDH-716de-20r dehumidifier as I felt the smaller machines would not remove the water which was in the air.

This machine has performed faultlessly over the past three years, I simply empty the water bucket when it is full, usually once per day, and the machine keeps the humidity around the 35% mark at all times.

The only maintenance that I need to do is to check the air filter every other month, an easy two minute job to pull the screen out and give it a quick wash, no different than the air filters on your air conditioning units.

We have ducted reverse cycle air conditioning in the main part of the house and I believe that the library is the most pleasant room by far.

My wife has many precious and valuable books in the library, and she is very happy with the air in the room, and with the machine, so If I ever need to replace this unit I don't believe that I could do any better than buying the same one again.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Good product but noisy

I bought this after moving into a slightly damp place. I am very worried about the affects of mould on health and clothes. I researched a few dehumidifiers and decided to purchase the Ausclimate NWT Medium 20L after the numerous positive reviews. My place is small so the capacity of this machine is sufficient enough to do the job it is required to do.

I used if after that crazy week of storms in Sydney and my bedroom got wet from the rain. I left it on for a couple of hours and it sucked about 2-3L of moisture. Prior to having the product and the rainy week, I constantly felt the carpet and my bedding was damp and you could feel the moisture in the room. After using the dehumidifier, it was noticeably drier. I dislike the humidity very much, so I'm particularly attuned to feeling the dampness. Overall, I am happy with it and have used it about 3x times.

The only issue I have with the machine is that it is very loud. Others have said it makes the noise equivalent of a standing fan, which I thought it isn't that bad. However, in my experience I found it to be incredibly noisy.
It makes a constant, whirring, throbbing noise that is very loud. It does not sound like a standing fan at all. I kept thinking it's about to take off. Which makes me wonder, if I got a defect?! You cannot be in the same room when you turn it on, it will drive you nuts.

I purchased the product on 16 Dec, and it was guaranteed next day delivery, however, I didn't receive it until the 21 Dec (it is a busy period after all).

It is a very pricey product. It does the job, time will tell. I would give it a solid 4 if it didn't make such a horrible noise while it's functioning.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hello Kira, thank you for your review. On a positive note, its great to see the dehumidifier is doing its job successfully. But, I'm surprised about the noise issue though, as this model is well regarded for it's quietness, So can I reach out to you and ask you to contact me personally so that we can explore this further - we want you to be fully satisfied. Regards Russell of Ausclimate 0422008777Update: I contacted Russell after he sent this message and he was very helpful and organised the dehumidifier to be sent back. He identified that was indeed a fault and I received a new one. The new dehumidifier is definitely a lot quieter! No more loud throbbing/rattling noises. It's ok to be in the same room whilst it's on (same people have small apartments), but if you are particularly sensitive to loud noise it will start to irritate you 30-45mins in. I usually put it on for a few hours when I leave the house.

This machine is perfect!

I love this dehumidifier and I am always amazed how much moisture it draws out of the air. During rainy days, we often set it up in our laundry and hang the clothes inside. Overnight, the clothes are dried and they don't suffer from the harsh effects of a hot tumble dryer. It's also really useful for drying all manner of things, such as tents or camping gear! Just find a closed room, set the dehumidifier up and away you go! Draws about 300W when running, but cycles on/off to target whatever the particularly humidity level is that you've set up.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Absolute Premium product with Premium service!

I have been looking up Google while I was shopping around dehumidifier for my humid basement media room July 2016. This is one of the most positive products I have seen on this website and the feedbacks seem to be legit, so I purchased this Medium 20L model. This machine is a beast and can bring down the humidity level from 85 to 55 within 1.5hour or shorter for my always wet 15 square meters basement. It's been so wonderful everyday last 17months. It experiences unknown issue and become not being so reliable since a couple of weeks ago. I rang Ausclimate this morning for a troubleshooting and Russel called me back within an hour. Since the issue doesn't sound to have an easy fix, Russel decided to ship a same brandnew model again! What a premium product and premium service!! It's a such heavily used machine and it could be 3 times or more used than normal family. I don't complain it doesn't last as longer as others. It's totally a surprise that Russel decided to send me a new one after a couple of troubleshooting questions. A trusted product is sold by trusted people. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a dehumidifier!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

best product

Amazing product. no more damp smelly rooms or mildew . Which we have had in our house for 18 years. This product is so easy to use as well We use to go through so much damp rid but no more required. Staff are outstanding and so very helpful, highly recommend

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I breathe easier.

The place I was living in prior to the my new home was extremely damp. I was stunned to see the amount of water that this machine pulled from the air. Finally I could breathe easier and the air felt really clean. Now I use it in my new home to dry washing when needed and it is fantastic. Best buy and great customer service from Ausclimate.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

The bomb diggity

This thing is great, pulled buckets water out of one room just the first day. Got it to help with dampness and mould problems on our ground floor apartment and so far it's doing a crazy good job. Ordered direct from the Ausclimate website and it arrived in 2 days. Don't bother with the other brands, this is the one you should get.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

So Happy

Have had my Ausclimate dehumidifier WDH-716DE for 2 weeks now- so happy I purchased this- in the past I had mould issues, but when I see the amount of water extracted I know the days of cleaning up the mould are over. The machine is very portable and has an acceptable purr- I hardly hear it. Alan has been fabulous with pre and after sales tips- in fact, this company gives the good old fashioned promptness and service- such a pleasure dealing with them. Now my son wants one for his home- he knows how happy I am with mine.

Mia v.d.s

Date PurchasedDec 2016

5 Stars for the product and for Russell

Russell is the most exceptional Sales Manager my partner and I has ever dealt with. Our small rental property has high humidity and has persistent presence dust in which we consulted Russell with our problem. He recommended products based on our situation and even swayed us away from purchasing the more expensive units as he deemed it wouldn't serve our purpose and would be a waste of money. We eventually ordered two products from Russell as per his recommendation, an Ausclimate Dehumidifier and a Winix Air Purifier to which we are both highly satisfied with the results.

We saw his recommendation not only as very professional but he conducted himself in a highly ethnical manner, something that is rarely seen in businesses these days.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Absolute success

I have just ordered another unit following the success of the first 2. I am a commercial plumber and hydraulics consultant and was asked to solve issues in a drying room at a ski lodge above the snowline where serviceability and ease of operation are critical. The unit has been performing perfectly and at significantly less cost than the previous method of electric heating and fans.
I have also now used the same unit to de-humidify plant-rooms in buildings where condensation is a problem due to large hot water boilers and cold water systems producing constant condensation and subsequent floor leaking issues.
These are a fantastic, simple to operate unit with minimal on-going maintenance requirements, highly effective, even in challenging situations.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Should have done bought one long ago....

Just purchased a Medium Ausclimate dehumidifier. We live in a very high rainfall area in the Qld northern tropics and it has made a big difference in drying the house out and also drying clothes. The service was excellent - very prompt delivery and helpful information. Highly recommend this company.

Wow!! Just Wow

I stumbled across Ausclimate Dehumidifiers whilst googling remedies for mildew. Hadn't ever thought of a dehumidifier but saw some amazing reviews from people with similar situations to mine. Damp, brick house that despite leaving doors and windows open on nice days we still had issues with mildew in bedrooms. I spoke to Allan who really knew what he was talking about. I decided to purchase the unit and started to dry out the inside of my home. I am absolutely stunned at the amount of moisture I had in my home. The tank keeps filling up!! Excellent customer service. Lightning fast delivery. Quiet unit.
Best product Ive purchased in a long while and would definitely recommend it to everyone. You will be shocked at how much dampness your house holds.

The best product I purchased ever!

Since moved to central coast, the mould the smelly rooms became my biggest headache cause I have never experience this. I almost give up this house and plan to move to some dry places until I got this dehumidifier. It works amazing, fixed all the problems in winter time. Couldn't love it more!

Best product ! Best service !

This company provides the best customer service. My initial phone enquiry was a delight as consultant was genuinely interested in finding the right product for ME. When DH arrived on a Friday it did not work! Rang company Sat morn. and unbelievably was answered. A replacement was sent first thing Mon. This one works brilliantly. I love it. I initially bought DH as my doggies have continual ear infections due to high humidity...(especially overnight)....it appears to help and I am able to control humidity levels in my home. The additional hygrometer is wonderful as it allows me to know when humidity levels are rising! Does dry the laundry overnight too!!!!! Highly recommend this company and product.

Skeptic no more

Any product with purely 5 star ratings should raise an eyebrow, but this really seems to be a decent product. I have a humidity problem and chose the medium size model from Ausclimate. After about 6 weeks of running non-stop it is definitely pulling its weight. I have a standard 3 bedroom home and considered a larger model but this one does the job. It is quieter than I expected, although not silent by any stretch (Can watch TV without interruption while it runs) and it collects buckets of water on wetter days. Overall very happy, but note power cord is a little bit short.

Can I get this in New Zealand? If yes, where?
Hi Lina Unfortunately our range of dehumidifiers are not available in NZ retail stores. However you can still purchase direct from us in Australia. To discuss further please call me on 1800 122 100 Regards Allan Ausclimate

Do the dehumidifiers have a hose attachment to release the water or do you always have to empty it manually? If the container collecting the water is full does the machine automatically turn off? Helen
Hi Helen, There is a continuous drainage hose option which allows you to bypass the dehumidifier’s water tank, so you don't have to physically remove the water tank. The hose doesn't come with it and it's recommended you use the water tank. There is a float device that is trigger when the tank gets full and shuts the machine off. Check the FAQs on the website, they have some really good tips.Hi Helen Great response by Kira. Just in case you still need to use a drainage hose, the size is 12 - 13mm and very easy to connect. If you would like any further advice please don't hesitate to call us direct on 1800 122100 Regards Allan Bryan Ausclimate

Hi we just moved into a new place and wondering what sort of dehumidifier I should get. I bought the 12L dehumidifier a few months back and took it to Manila (it does work, am happy with it only its quite noisy). My questions: 1) what size should I get for an enclosed storage measuring 3 x 4 meters, this is were all the dampness is coming from 2) as we go away often, will it be wise to buy the 35L, supreme all or the Ionmax? If you have the time, kindly call us on [number removed] Thank you Wilma
Hi Wilma To select the right model dehumidifier there are a few things to consider besides the room size such as the extent of the moisture problem and room temperature. Generally we recommend choosing a dehumidifier that has the moisture removal capacity (or recommended room size) to dry the largest moisture affected room. Also there are two types of dehumidifiers to consider; compressor and desiccant. Compressor dehumidifiers like the Medium 20L are the most common and are suited for use in all seasons however they do perform most efficiently when room temperatures are above 20°c. Desiccant type dehumidifiers such as our Cool Seasons range can also be used all year round however they are best suited for the cooler temperatures in winter i.e. room temperatures below 20°c. Unfortunaley Wilma you phone number was removed by Product Review so I cannot call you back. However you can call me on 1800 122100 which can also be found on our Ausclimate website. Love to chat over the phone as it would be much easier to explain in more detail what your best options may be. Kind Regards Allan Ausclimate

CategoryDehumidifiers